New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 21 of 54 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617181920212223242526272829303146 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #601
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: AvB - The adventures of Scribly

"Yes of course, don't worry, I'll fulfill the contract. They were quite loose on the terms, so I'm not to worried about that. My actions afterwards might possibly cause them harm though, and they specified nothing in the terms about this, so I was wondering if the flint itself had rules about this?"

"And by the way, I like working through the Flint, and the security it provides. I wouldn't want to endanger that relation."
    "Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one."

2. - Top - End - #602
    Firbolg in the Playground

"You are bound by your agreement with the person who placed the contract. You are bound not to reveal their identity and all that but if after the contract is done you want to turn around and stab them... or for that matter if they want to do the same, thats your business..." he says and smiles.

"To give you an example. We once had a guy who came in and gave a job to someone... that someone did the job which involved eliminating someone else. Said someone else's son found out who was behind the attack and paid the same guy to go and kill his old boss. All was... okay with the Flint just as long as its not the person who took the contract that leaked that information. And to maintain our credibility we will check that..." he concludes.

"So do as you wish but remember what I just told you. Just as long you do not betray the confidence entrusted to you by the Flint and the employer then you can do whatever you want after you are released from it..."
    AvB has come and gone. Its spirit still lives on in the few active threads...

3. - Top - End - #603
    Troll in the Playground

"Alright, thank you. I know enough."

Scribly then heads back to the bar and spends the rest of evening eating and drinking with whomever seems interesting. Preferably gnomes or goblins.
    Spoiler
    Show

Trying to get more information on these two questions.
    How are relations between the goblin and gnome empire?
    How are gnomes involved with time service?

Knowledge local (1d20+9)[14]
    Gather info (1d20+1)[21]

4. - Top - End - #604

Spoiler
    Show

Not sure where you got info about a goblin empire...

There is a lone gnome dressed in green clothes and a tophat. He is drinking heavily and seems extremely upset when you first join him.

((you will need to rp this one if you care to learn more))

What he learns (not necessarily from this particular gnome) is that generally the gnomes are leaving above and around the mountains of an ancient and powerful dwarven kingdom. The dwarves are extremely mistrusting of the humans and as such the gnomes have taken it upon themselves to treat with Aldhaven in order to put down the suspicions.

5. - Top - End - #605
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Yeah, it's quite farfetched..., but this plan sprung to mind.

I want to get involved with this Dreivus goblin fellow, and I want to get some good money/power for my "clock". Now earlier you dropped something about the gnomes controlling the trade on such things, and figuring goblins and gnomes are usually fighting, I figured I might try and setup a little competition between the goblins and gnomes, using Dreifus as an contact of some sort.

However, I thought you meant they controlled something similar to the atom clock, so Aldhave was dependant on the gnomes for proper time. Now I understand they control the trade on such items, not one item.

Still, both Dreifus and the clock are things I will work with for sure. Just not in this way.

"Good day, dear man. I'm Scribly, and I have something in my posession that I wish to learn more about. Quite a technical thing really. Since your race is well known for it's brilliant exploits in the subject of technology, perhaps you can tell me where to find good quality information?"

6. - Top - End - #606

Spoiler
    Show

This may be the wrong thing to say but can you remind me who Dreifus is? I am having a brain freeze and cant recall where you met him/who he is!

The gnome pushes the chair accross him with his leg and motions to you to sit.

"It depends on what it is. Me and mine actually arent artificers... I am part of a mercenary company and we are involved with the attacks on the docks but I have a couple of cousins in the city that may be able to provide you with good info in all things gnomish!" he says with a smile.

7. - Top - End - #607
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Dreifus, the poor goblin wise guy who gets abused by his racist classmates. Of course, as a shapechanger, I am apalled by this idea.

"I see, and do these men also conduct business? Or in other words, if I were to offer such an item, would they want to buy it?"

8. - Top - End - #608

Spoiler
    Show

Ah yes! Heh sorry about that! So many things in so many threads and so many plotlines :D

He nods.

"Once again it depends on the item. If its something interesting to them they may well buy it off you. But I cant know more unless you actually tell me what it is!"

9. - Top - End - #609
    Troll in the Playground

"I can't really tell you either. Since I'm not an expert either. Where can I find one of these artificers?"

10. - Top - End - #610

"Guildman district. They have a store there that is fiercely defiant of the guilds" he says and laughs.

"Them being foreigners and gnomes means that they can do as they please and not have to become a part of it. Drives the guildmen insane so I would be careful in that neighbourhood but other than that it should be safe for ya... and I trust the info you got of me buy me a nice cold beer?" he asks pointedly.

11. - Top - End - #611
    Troll in the Playground

"Indeed, it can. Thank you for the information."

Scribly buys the gnome a drink and goes upstairs to get some sleep.

12. - Top - End - #612

The night passes uneventfully.

In the morning there is a knock on his door.

13. - Top - End - #613
    Troll in the Playground

Scribly gets out of bed.

"One moment, I'm getting dressed."

Before getting dressed, he casts Inertial armor on himself.

After he is dressed, he answers the door.

Spoiler
    Show
    Inertial armor +8 AC, 9hr duration, take (1d8)[8] damage.

14. - Top - End - #614

One of the Flints maids smiles from behind the door.

"Good morning sir. There was a message left for you during early morning. I did not wish to wake you up earlier but I was asked to deliver it as soon possible..." she says and curtsies as she gives you an envelope without any indication of whom it is from.

15. - Top - End - #615
    Troll in the Playground

"Thank you!"

He closes the door and opens the door.

16. - Top - End - #616

Nothing happens.

As in you open and close the door and the maid is still there if you do it quickly enough. If not she has started going down to the first floor and turns to look at you suprised.

17. - Top - End - #617
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    my bad ....

Scribly suddenly realises the surprised face of the maid.

"....uh ... uh... sorry, I just remembered something and opened the door twice...."

"Thank you again, and sorry for my behaviour. Early morning is never my best."

He closes the door and opens the LETTER.

18. - Top - End - #618

Spoiler
    Show

I imagined that was your actual action but

a) It was too funny not to play out the action as written

b) There was a chance you wanted to check if someone had creeped outside your door.

The letter says simply.

"We are discovered. Flee immidiatetly.

CZ

"

You recognise the handwritting and initials as Cristian Mraz, you last employers name.

Then as worry starts creeping you see there is ink at the back of the page as well.

"Just a practical joke. Drop by to see me when you are able. There has been a development."

19. - Top - End - #619
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    It was a mistake and you should always make me pay! It's funny!

"Boy, these guys."

Scribly plans to talk to the other man first though and heads to the sewers.

20. - Top - End - #620
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Post appear

21. - Top - End - #621

He returns to the sewers only to find that the iron door has been blown open. There are kobold feet tracks all over the place and some traces of blood as well indicating struggle.

22. - Top - End - #622
    Troll in the Playground

Hmmm, seems they got him after all..... or he got them.

Best have a look around.

Scribly searches the place. (1d20+4)[7]

23. - Top - End - #623

The room after the iron door is a small 'safehouse'. It has two beds, a small washbashin and an old piece of furniture with many shelves where one can store clothes or food, there is also a large barrell filled with relatively clear water though its almost empty now. All in all its not bigger than 25 by 25.

The place might have been raided, as you assumed, but inside you find no extra clothes, no blood and no personal items and not even any food. The bags that you had seen the woman carry the provisions in though are there.

It seems to you more likely that the owners left after yesterday's attack than they were captured.

24. - Top - End - #624
    Troll in the Playground

NOOOOOO, I'll have to start all over again.

Best check on the other guys.

He heads back out of the sewers and goes to the meeting point.

25. - Top - End - #625

Spoiler
    Show

Yea sorry about that... but thats what happens when you discover someone hiding and scared he will be discovered, attack him, expose him to the kobolds and then flee... he doesnt stay around for the next hour :D

(I assume you mean with your employer right?)

You arrive at the back of the house without facing any problems. The fancy back door at the old building is closed like before.

26. - Top - End - #626
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Yup, I would have been surprised if they'd still be there. And I did consider resting outside again, but then again. Scribly is in no hurry.

Knock knock!

27. - Top - End - #627

Spoiler
    Show

Another PC was annoyed at me for having the guy he was chasing escape but like I told you, I also told him. I dont play "favorites" with NPCs... if he dies, he dies, if he escapes... he escapes!

Nobody responds to your knocks. You recall that you had been asked to leave a message under the door and wait for your current employer to come to you.

28. - Top - End - #628
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    I like realistic over player godmode.

Realising he needs to leave a note, Scribly also realises he doesn't have pen or paper. He decides to simply wait for anyone coming to check on a note.

29. - Top - End - #629

Its almost an hour later when he hears footsteps approaching but they appear to be just a few meters away and he has little time to react.

A pale, very thin grey humanoid with a bald head and dark eyes without pupils appears out of the surrounding darkness.

unlike the gentleman in the picture though this one is dressed in fine, loose fitting clothes and is carrying two weirdly thin looking short swords on his sword belt.

He seems very suprised to see you and his hands drop to the swords drawing them both almost without any effort. Murder flashes in his eyes but he seems to stop himself as he grunts.

"Whad-do-ya-want. Who-you-be. Wad-u-doing-her?" in one long gluttural sentence.

30. - Top - End - #630
    Troll in the Playground

"You asked me to come and see you. So here I am!"

Scribly tenses up and readies an ectoplasmic entanglement, should he draw swords.