New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 54 FirstFirst 123456789101112132853 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: AvB - The adventures of Scribly

He considers your words and finally sits in one of the armchairs.

"Very well. Lets take things one step at a time. I have... a rival. A man that I would like to see lose his credit, fortune and future. Obviously I cant be seen moving against him in any open way or I risk my nomination." he says and smiles.

"So here is what I want you to do. You can remove him from life and impersonate him for two days, just until the day of the nomination so that he does not actually place himself forward and one day after when "he" will commit suicide. I already have a man that works for me in his houseld, you can replace my man first so you can learn your way around his house, his habbits and whatever else you need to do..." he says calmly.

"Are you up to the task?"
    AvB has come and gone. Its spirit still lives on in the few active threads...

2. - Top - End - #62
    Troll in the Playground

"Hmmm, yes, it's obvious why you would need someone with my talents for this. I have several questions though."

"Most importantly, I am quite new to the city, and not familiar with the proceedings of this election, as well as some other knowledge about his businesses. So really, we need a way for him to be very "busy" those two days, so contact with familiar people is minimized."

"I would need to show the same skills your man inside has. What does he do? I hope he's not a cook..."

"What will we do with the body for two days? I can't make the man bleed after being death for two days, to stage a proper suicide."

"What difficulties do you see? You know the man better then I do."
    "Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one."

3. - Top - End - #63

"He is a merchant like me though baseborn and idiotic. His skills I admit do exist in the same realm as mine. He is good with his tongue, he is good at his job and worse he is a diplomat of shorts. One of the reasons the council wants him as chairman is that he has managed many times to get subsidies from the King for our industries..." he tell you.

Spoiler
    Show

He gives you an idea in terms of "skills" he would have diplomacy, sense motive, appraise and Profession: Merchant

"Keeping busy is not a problem. Not meeting people is. It is a period where most artisans are visiting to tell us what we need to do for them to secure their backing. You see the point is I dont want him to become a fool because people will suspect if someone previously so talented in speaking embarasshes himself... I want him to say he doesnt WANT the position..." he explains.

"Now we can even eat up half a day by meeting with me just before the meeting. So people will suspect we talked and I convinced him to support me though the Gods know that would never happen... I dont care if after his death people suspect me. I will be chairman and there will be no proof I had anything to do with it..." he says and grins.

"As for the body... well lets just say that I can take care of that... I will give you a substance that will keep him fresh and... juicy..."

"As for difficulties. Well thats what you are here for. If I was the expert in impersonation I wouldnt have paid the Flint their tithe to get the job properly given! Luckily the man has no wife, he has an estranged daughter but thats it. He does have many friends and acquaintances as can be expected though..."

4. - Top - End - #64
    Troll in the Playground

"Indeed, that half a day would be quite handy. I'm sure you can provide me with his reasons for supporting you. Leave the convincing part to me."

"Any other competitors who I should worry about?"

"Either way, I am confident I can do this. Let's discuss payment."

"I count, 1 murder including framing, 2 days of impersonating with danger and about a week of impersonation without much risk. So that would be 1300 for the murder, 300 per danger day and another 500 for the rest. That makes 2400 excluding expenses. In return I garantee the kill, and will dispose of the body should the thing blow up, should it do the price will only be 1300 of course. I will cover all leads to you and swear to hold my tongue about this until I die."

5. - Top - End - #65

The man frowns as he looks at you and then calms down.

"First off all talking about it is not an issue. I am sure you remember the legally binding, magical contract you signed at the Flint. You think anyone would give jobs to people from the Flint if we did not know that we would be safe and could not be blackmailed?" he asks rhetorically.

"Now as for your reward... I think you are imagining that you will kill some kind of Noble or gang leader. We are talking about a fat merchant that doesnt know whats good for him. I will offer 500 for his death, 200 for the danger days, so 400, and another 500 for the remaining time. A total of 1400 gold and you get one third of it up front... as for your expenses only if I deem them necessary, if you come to me with a list containing a dozen magic potions then thats on you. I wouldnt for example pay for potions that would allow anyone to do the job like alter self and the like nor potions that would make you into a god killing machine..." he says seriously.

"If the above is not satisfactory I can arrange to send men with you to kill the man for me and you can do only the impersonation part..."

6. - Top - End - #66
    Troll in the Playground

"Hmmpf, I believe the operation would go a lot cleaner if I did it myself. Can't break his stuff and all that."

"Make it 1500 and I'll cover any expenses myself, and we have a deal."

7. - Top - End - #67

He smiles widely.

"A bargaining man... well I like you mr Scribly and should all go as planned I will be a powerful man. For that reason you can have your 1500. I will give you one third up front if you wish but know that should you cross me the other 1000 will go for a bounty..." he tells you.

"And off course if your performance is satisfactory there is nothing to say we cant continue working together..."

Spoiler
    Show

And take 150 xp for securing your first good deal.

Last edited by Monodominant; 2011-10-31 at 09:27 AM.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Sweet! This is going to be interesting!

"Excellent, it's a deal. I guess I should start by talking to your inside man. Can you arrange a meeting? Also, when is election day?"

9. - Top - End - #69

"I can arrange that you meet him while he is doing the shopping for a feast that your target is having in two days time. He is a servant and will be serving at the table of Master Erek, it will give you an opportunity to observe him..." he says confidently now that you have accepted.

"The timeline is as follows... In two days time Master Erek has a feast planned, then you will have 3 more days to observe him and his peers. Five days from now you must make the switch as the election is presicely at noon next Monday..." he explains.

"Be aware that my man does not know what our plans are. Just that I will make sure Erek doesnt run for the spot. He will be in Midtown tomorrow morning for his purchases. I will send word that he is to meet you though I will need to know what you will look like for that..."

10. - Top - End - #70
    Troll in the Playground

"I will look different from this. How about an elf, man with blond hair. Recognisable by the two knicks in my left ear."

"Does he know I will replace him? I assume he will return when I become Erek?"

11. - Top - End - #71

"He will know after today. We had agreed on particular ciphers for when I would contact him that would indicate different type of business. So though he wont know the details, and you should not tell them to him you can drill him as much as you want! He will resume his position when you make the switch, as far as he will know we just want to see the inside of the mans house and attend his meetings, the fact that we take Ereks place is not for him to know... " he explains.

"And yes, that disguise would be sufficient..."

12. - Top - End - #72
    Troll in the Playground

"Alright, excellent. Let's get this show on the road."

13. - Top - End - #73

He opens a drawer from the central table and offers you a pouch. Inside, when you count it, you find 50 platinum coins.

"Very well mr. Scribly. As I said, my man will be wearing a servants clothes and carrying a blue and white satchel with him, tomorrow as early as 9 he should be in Midtown market..." he also gives you a short description of how the man looks like just in case.

"Now if there is nothing further, do not let me detain you..." he says and heads out of the study.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Troll in the Playground

Well, here's to my my new life.... , Scribly thinks, as he downs the rest of the wine.

After a relaxing night at the inn he heads to the market, early morning.

15. - Top - End - #75

The night is uneventful and he wakes up rested.

After a little waiting he finally spots the man he is supposed to meet. Jared is a well built young human, no more than 20 years of age, with dusty brown hair and is dressed in simple yet good quality clothing and carrying the signature sack you were told to expect. He has an eager look on his face as he walks around the stalls.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Troll in the Playground

Scribly observes him for several minutes, looking out for other people interested in the man. He then approaches him, pretending to be an old friend.

"Hey, is that you? Wow, long time not seen, old friend. How are you nowadays?"

Whatever he answers, Scribly will interrupt. "No, wait, let's have a drink so we can talk in a more relaxing fashion. Know any good bars nearby?"

17. - Top - End - #77

He seems confused at first at your casual and friendly tone. But a second later you see realisation in his eyes as he smiles.

"Yes! By the Gods! Not just a long time! Too long! Yes, let me finish purchasing these fruits for the feast and then we can head over to the drowned Mermaid! I need to ask the owner about sending some fish from his contact up to my masters house for a feast anyway!" he replies and if you agree he finishes haggling and then claps you on the back as he starts walking.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Troll in the Playground

"Sounds good to me! A master you say? So you found a nice job then. Preparing for feasts doesn't sound bad at all."

19. - Top - End - #79

Such merriment and fake chatting goes back and forth until you arrive at the tavern that is the Drowned Mermaid.

The smell of fried, boiled and roasted fish hit you as soon as you open the tavern door and despite the early hour the tavern is quite busy.

Your companion makes his way to a darker, though not too dark, part and sits accross you on the table. He orders two plates of fish soup and bread and two beers upfront so that you dont have the tavern keeper interrupting your chat and looks at you.

"So you're him?"

20. - Top - End - #80
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    My update didn't come through... strange.

"Yes, and I assume you are him as well then. Glad to talk to you, is this a good place for our conversation?"

21. - Top - End - #81

"Better than most. I mean if anyone was following me... or you and we just stopped to chat in an abandonded alley that wouldnt look good would it? While here we are eating some good food and chatting the morning away!"

"So, I wasnt told the details. What is it you need?"

22. - Top - End - #82
    Troll in the Playground

"I need to get some info on your master. To that end, I will replace you for several days, before you'll have to resume your job."

"I will need to become you. Now I can easily fake the looks, but I'll need to know how te BE you as well."

23. - Top - End - #83

The man nods.

"Very well... I guess we can start by me telling me the details of my life that I have shared with the rest of the staff so should you be probbed or asked you can answer correctly..." he tells you and you spend the next hour or so with him explaining his background, family status, friends etc.

You feel confident afterwards that you can cover any such details if it comes up.

"I can also give you descriptions of who the people I associate with in the house are and perhaps some info about what I know on them... but... hmm... would you be able to enter the house invisible with me so you can see the interactions for yourself?"

24. - Top - End - #84
    Troll in the Playground

"Yes, I could, I suppose that would help. Is there any kind of object which you carry, visibly at all times?"

25. - Top - End - #85

"Not at all time visible... I have a watch, it was my fathers and he gave it to me before he passed away. Its more of a nervous thing to be honest since it doesnt actually work. Oh and I also carry a small metal alcohol container with me but I never drink... I used to be an alcoholic and I keep it with me to remind me my past failures... the others make fun of me for it from time to time..." he says his eyes downcast.

26. - Top - End - #86
    Troll in the Playground

"Excellent, that alcohol container should do fine. I will transform myself into just such a container and you will carry me around all day, showing me the things I need to see and know. Sound good?"

27. - Top - End - #87

The mans eyes widden.

"You will transform yourself into a container? You can actually do that?" he asks almost not believing you.

Spoiler
    Show

The DM shares the mans suprise. You can actually do that?????

28. - Top - End - #88
    Troll in the Playground

"Yes, I think it's possible."

Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #89

Spoiler
    Show

Thats really cool! I admit I didnt know it! Also sorry for the delay.

The man looks at you either with fear or respect, you are unsure which.

"Very well... so I guess we should do this somewhere more quiet? I still have a couple of things I need to buy before returning..."

30. - Top - End - #90
    Troll in the Playground

"Indeed, I'll stay here, have a couple drinks and some food. Pick me up when you're ready."

Spoiler
    Show
    It is , my first time using it btw