New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 37 of 54 FirstFirst ... 12272829303132333435363738394041424344454647 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,110 of 1591
  1. - Top - End - #1081
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: AvB - The adventures of Scribly

Spoiler
    Show

Ah sorry!

Thought I gave you that!

850 xp for the 3 dead mercenaries.

After a nice breakfast you go back to your new lair.

It is in the same state as before... the room is still ransacked and the door still pretty broken down but with some... professional help you might be able to fix it.
    AvB has come and gone. Its spirit still lives on in the few active threads...

2. - Top - End - #1082
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Whoohoo!! Lvl 8!

Scribly investigates the room once more, this time going thoroughly through each crook and cranny. Looking for loose stones or otherwise good hiding places.

Hmm, all seems well. Just need to get that door fixed. Perhaps the kobolds can be of use. ... or magic perhaps. Yes, perhaps it is wise to check the magic department first.

He spends the rest of the day, cleaning out the room and making a nice plan for his new base of operations. In the evening, he heads back to the inn for some food and contemplation.

Spoiler
    Show
    Everytime he returns to the base, he is very careful he isn't followed. Taking a detour and using the old house.

Could I get like a basic layout? Then I can make a nice map from it.
    Last edited by Moranica; 2012-06-04 at 03:02 PM.
    "Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one."

3. - Top - End - #1083
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Alright, leveled up. From now on, all day everyday, detect remote viewing on. That'll teach those green skins. And also took implemented suggestion. I can only start to imagine what fun is to be had with this. Stat point went into INT.

Scribly

As you may have guessed, I am planning to build a base and have minions and such. Perhaps even take over the kobolds at some point....

Having loads of fun, I never want this to end!!

4. - Top - End - #1084

Spoiler
    Show

There are no Greenskins... only Green Bloods :D

And also remember that so far very often they use mundane guys to spy on you :D which admittedly you are good at killing ;)

Also... roll hit points!

As for outline of the sewers near you area I shall have a map for you in the evening okay?

You find a few loose bricks in this little room that you could use to hide something behind but much like you found them someone careful could find them as well unless if you use it as an emergency stash and then close it/fix it.

The room itself seems sturdy and well built. This was probably a small room where a sewer cleaner or guard could rest but had fallen into dis-use.

Towards the evening you have cleaned up and gotten rid of all the useless and broken furniture, trinkets etc and the place looks good as new... if you dont account for the broken door.

5. - Top - End - #1085
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Was I supposed to roll? That would explain why my hp seemed off at the recalculation.

HP roll (1d6)[1]

Map sounds awesome!

Next, Scribly starts studying the door more closely. To see what needs to be done about it, and whether it would be easily modified for use will alarms or traps.

Spoiler
    Show
    Also trying to get an estimate on the number of hp to repair. Which I intent to do with reconstruction powerstones/crown.

Still haven't figured out how to get furniture in here. Would a bed fit in my bag of holding?

6. - Top - End - #1086

Spoiler
    Show

You get to re-roll if you roll a 1 so feel free to do so :D

The door had a hardness of 12 (Steel) and 60 hit points (2 inches thick). Currently it is down to well... zero practically seeing as it was broken almost completely... still repair type spells work.

It doesnt have a lock but it has (or rather had) a steel bar (hardness 8 and 20 HP) that is placed from behind to block it.

You can use alarms or traps on it off course depending on the type... no poison needle for example would work given that it doesnt have a lock!

Also keep in mind there is a slight gap between door and ground (0.5 inches) to allow for air to pass. This means someone gaseous could come in but it also means you dont die from asphyxiation :D

You cant bring in a -fixed- bed but you can bring its parts in...

7. - Top - End - #1087
    Troll in the Playground

Having finished his study of the door, plans start to evolve in his mind. The gap below the door is a minor problem, but then again, so is suffocating. He would take measures for that later. First, a proper working door and a bed to sleep in. And perhaps a good chest...

He takes all the newfound loot and tries to open the gnome's chest. He leaves the backpack closed for now.

After which he heads over to the magic item store to have everything identified and appraised.

Namely:
    - Stuff from inside the chest
    - Breastplate (cleric)
    - Morningstar (cleric)
    - Dark black wand (wizard)
    - Spellbook
    - 50 ft silk rope

He also informs about dorjes, and the cost of one with repair damage in it.

Spoiler
    Show
    Hp reroll (1d6)[2]

8. - Top - End - #1088

The chest is... locked.

The store identifies the items for 100 gold each and buys those you want for 1/2 market value.

The breastplate is a +1 Breastplate with a Restful Crystal on it. (Market Value 1800)

The morningstar is a +1 morning star with a lesser revelation crystal on it. (Market value 2400)

The rope has the effects of a Trollgut rope (MIC page 190 / Market Value 500gp)

The spellbook has a series of first and second level spells. The owner says its not magical in itself but he will get it off your hands for 750 gold

The wand is a wand of invisibility with 29 charges left (Market Value: 2610)

OOC:

Where are dorjes again? I cant say I have ever used those ;)

9. - Top - End - #1089
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Sweet! Dorjes Rich, time to buy furniture.....

10. - Top - End - #1090
    Troll in the Playground

"Alright dear man, that is very kind of you."

Scribly then orders a dorje of repair damage (4500 gp I think) and 4 powerstone with knock (150 each right?)

If he gets one, he uses it on the chest right away.

"I am also looking for alarms and such. To ward an area or door and be resettable. If it could be magical, rather then psionic that would be a plus. What do you have for me?"

11. - Top - End - #1091

Indeed the man brings you a dorje and the power stones for exactly the money you had expected.

Concerning traps he tells you that he works with three contractors that are very reliable and can do pretty much anything for you. He also mentions he can give you 14% discount on the list price that they have since you are a good client and he has an understanding with them.

Spoiler
    Show

Check out page 67 of the DMG concerning traps and their cost but apply a 14% discount on the market price.

Additionally he tells you their specialty is permanent alarm spells that go for 4000 gold and permanent illusions making the area to be protected actually not appear to be there that goes for 1000 gold.

When the box opens... nothing bad happens.

Inside you find 2 bars of gold worth 500 gold each, a pouch of gold platinum coins (25 in total), 5 potions (all magical) and 2 vials of poison.

12. - Top - End - #1092
    Troll in the Playground

"Hmm, yes I guess I would be interested in those then. Is it also possible to have a silent alarm? Where an alarm is eg. combined with a message spell, so I get a mental message when it is triggered? And what would be the range of that?"

13. - Top - End - #1093

"I guess we can choose a silent alarm option that shouldnt be a problem... now about letting you know even when afar... well thats a bit more complicated..." he says and pauses.

"Hmm... what we would need to do is place the equivalent enchantment of a ring of communication and give you such a ring as well. That would mean basically within the city you can hear it from anywhere... but that costs an additional 1750..."

14. - Top - End - #1094
    Troll in the Playground

"I see, yes of course. ....... WHAAHAAAHAA!! That would leave without anything worth to have the alarm for!", Scribly says smiley.

"Know what, I'll just go with a good lock for now, and when I have the gp, I'll be back for the alarm. Could I have two powerstone with psionic lock as well please."

"What can you tell me about these potions and poisons? If they look similar, I just need 1 of each alchemied."

Scribly then proceeds to sell the rest of the gear, except the breastplate, which he will be wearing unless he bathes and the potions and the rope, which may come in handy.

Overview:
    Savings 3339gp
    - Identify x4 -400gp
    - Morning star 1200gp
    - Spellbook 750gp
    - Wand 1305gp
    - Contents chest 1250gp (assuming gold platinum coins, means platinum... )
    - Dorje of repair damage -4500gp
    - Powerstone knock x4 (3 left) -600gp
    - Powerstone Psionic lock x2 -300gp

Totals 2044gp

15. - Top - End - #1095

"Certainly... as you wish sir!" he says and takes a look at the potions.

"There are 3 types... 2 of one type, 2 of another and 1 solo..." assuming you ask him to identify he tells you that 2 potions are Cure light wounds potions, another 2 are cure moderate and the last one is potion of invisibility.

He feels a bit uncomfortable about checking the poison for you but he does it in the end and he tells you that it is carrion crawler brain juice... a paralysing poison.

16. - Top - End - #1096
    Troll in the Playground

"A paralyzing potion you say? Wow, glad I escaped that one then. I could have been dead."

"Thank you for your services good man, I'll be back for the alarm, when I have enough money."

He pays the man 400 gp for the potion and poison identifcation and leaves for the inn. Taking any belongings left there, and paying his final bill with the innkeeper.

17. - Top - End - #1097

The store keeper thanks you for your custom and smiles as you depart rubbing his hands.

Spoiler
    Show

Out of curiosity... are you profficient with armor etc? Cause that breastplate is armor :D

Same for manifesting powers... isnt there something like 'spell failure'?

You pay your tab with the Half-Giant inn keeper, its just a couple of gold basically, and gather your things quickly enough.

18. - Top - End - #1098
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Uhm, good point...

Weapon and Armor Proficiency
    Psions are proficient with the club, dagger, heavy crossbow, light crossbow, quarterstaff, and shortspear. They are not proficient with any type of armor or shield. Armor does not, however, interfere with the manifestation of powers.

So, I guess I'm selling the breastplate as well. +900 gp for it.

Next, Scribly heads for his new home, which he yet has to find a name for.

Finally, I'm starting to feel like I've gotten used to this city. Settled in as some might say. Not much left of the old trickster in me though. I feel .... different. Though I might be able to pull some nice tricks with my newfound powers.

But first, let's see to the door.

19. - Top - End - #1099

Spoiler
    Show

Well you can still wear it even if not proficient with it... you have the following penalties though :

"A character who is wearing armor with which she is not profi cient applies its armor check penalty on attack rolls and on all Strength- and Dexterity-based ability checks and skill checks."

The door is seen to!

20. - Top - End - #1100
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Meh, I'll just have to get me one of those skins at some point. And keeping his look clean and simple makes him more realistic.

Scribly start working on the door right away, using the Dorje to repair it piece by piece.

Spoiler
    Show
    Not sure how to, but here it goes. Each is 1 charge. Using only as much as needed of course.

(3d8+1)[16]
    (3d8+1)[14]
    (3d8+1)[18]
    (3d8+1)[22]
    (3d8+1)[11]
    (3d8+1)[9]
    (3d8+1)[20]
    (3d8+1)[10]

And for the bar
    (3d8+1)[18]
    (3d8+1)[13]
    (3d8+1)[22]

So using 4 charges for the door, 2 for the bar.
    Last edited by Moranica; 2012-06-06 at 09:44 AM.

21. - Top - End - #1101
    Troll in the Playground

Next, Scribly uses one of the psionic lock powerstones on it, to prevent others from opening it. Checking his work and testing it makes him feel satisfied.

Next, he heads out to buy furniture.

Spoiler
    Show
    But I'll need to map to see what kind.

22. - Top - End - #1102

Spoiler
    Show

Do you have excel?

If yes may I ask for your email? I can send you what I have via email much faster than make it into a picture and upload from home...

23. - Top - End - #1103
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Of course, or we could use google docs. Here's one!

24. - Top - End - #1104

Spoiler
    Show

I already have one prepared actually... I tried copy pasting it to that one and it didnt work...

If you can please PM me your email and I will send you what I have... afterwards if you want to transfer it to the google doc thats ok with me :D

25. - Top - End - #1105
    Troll in the Playground

Scribly looks for a furniture store. Or rather, a furniture repair shop.

26. - Top - End - #1106
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Appear!!

27. - Top - End - #1107

Midtown is your best bet for furniture.

After a little searching you see a store that has numerous furniture but funnily enough most seem fancy, exotic and foreign.

The name of the store is Leif Solvisson's Imports

There are off course woodcrafters stores with mundane furniture as well, but this one catches your eye.

28. - Top - End - #1108
    Troll in the Playground

Scribly follows his intuition and enters the store, looking for someone to help him. If he finds anyone.

"Good day, perhaps you can help me. I'm looking for some furniture, mainly a good bed and a chest. .... and possibly a rocking chair if I can afford it."

"I have one special request though. I need to be able to carry it myself in this bag of holding preferably. I can fix anything together though, if need be."

29. - Top - End - #1109

The young clerk behind the counter is actually repairing a cuckoo clock when you enter.

He smiles in greeting and opens his arms in a welcoming motion.

"Oh hello, hello! Welcome to Leifs!" he says and smiles again.

"So, furniture that can be made smaller. Well we have actually two options here my good sir!" he exclaims when you explain the problem.

"We can either give you some amazing 'do it yourself' furnitre just in from the lands beyond Ik-Ia or we can go with some normal furnitute and arrange for a collaborating contractor to shrink them down for you temporarily!"

30. - Top - End - #1110
    Troll in the Playground

"Wow, those sound exotic!! I guess I'll go with the do it yourself furniture. Does it come with a fancy name as well? And what are the prices for what i neeD?"