New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 38 of 54 FirstFirst ... 13282930313233343536373839404142434445464748 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,140 of 1591
  1. - Top - End - #1111
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: AvB - The adventures of Scribly

The man consults a ledger full of scribled notes before looking up to you.

"Er it seems master Leif has given price per piece of this furniture... silly him! Give me a moment to consult him!" he says.

"Mr Leif? Mr Leif can you come outside for a moment!" he calls out. You both wait for almost 5 minutes, during which time the clerk occasionally gives you polite smiles.

Then suddenly the clerk turns back to you and nods.

"Yes, so its going to be 56 gold for the rocking chair, 11 gold for the chest and (1d100+20)[105] for the bed! The mattress is another 9 gold and 5 silver and also there is a fee of 7 silver and 5 copper... sorry thats 8 copper for the tools you need in order to complete the sets!" he says helpfully.
    AvB has come and gone. Its spirit still lives on in the few active threads...

2. - Top - End - #1112
    Troll in the Playground

"Wow, those certainly aren't cheap. Does it include a garanty for the coming years?"
    "Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one."

3. - Top - End - #1113

The man looks at you with a certain distaste.

"Well sir, this is not a flea market. All our goods are imported from exotic locales and indeed they carry a warranty. Not only that but they are unique pieces... meaning we only carry 1 of each set so noone in the city has what you have! Its all the rage believe me!" he explains.

4. - Top - End - #1114
    Troll in the Playground

"I'm sorry to have offended you, but I've had to many times that a manufacturing mistake was blamed on my do-it-yourself skills. Hence, the question."

"But if it's so unique, will it have a specific set of instructions for it?"

5. - Top - End - #1115

The man looks less annoyed and nods.

"Well, I believe they do... give me a second to ask Mr Leif! He just stepped in the back, I shall be right back..." he says and rushes off.

Indeed he returns 2 minutes later holding an instructions manual made out of wood that depicts how to set up the furniture. Indeed they seem very nice and the way to put them together not that difficult.

"Here we are! Mr Leif had it with him! Heh imagine that!"

6. - Top - End - #1116
    Troll in the Playground

"Excellent, this look acceptable."

Scribly then accepts the furniture and pays for it.

He then proceeds to move the stuff to his new lair.

7. - Top - End - #1117

The man smiles at you and helps you place the items in the bag with great case. He also drops in a prospectus showing furniture they have as well as furniture that they will bring soon.

You are walking out when he calls behind you.

"Yes, and as Mr Leif says thank you very much for choosing us! Return customers get better rates so keep that in mind next time you are shopping for offers!" he says and smiles.

You arrive at your lair without any problem...

8. - Top - End - #1118
    Troll in the Playground

Scribly starts putting everything together.

Check needed?
    Also, mind if I retcon buying the psionic lock stones? I actually have the power...... I only just noticed.

9. - Top - End - #1119

A while later you manage to assemble everything and indeed the furniture are comfortable and pleasing to the eye. The 'house' itself is not the best... nor is the smell of the sewers that manages to penetrate the room but overall its a satisfactory result.

OOC:

Yes, feel free to make the change.

10. - Top - End - #1120
    Troll in the Playground

Scribly realises the place needs some dressing up. Perhaps a nice rug and weapons on the wall.... he then proceeds to cast psionic lock on the door and chest, after which he puts his valuables, dorje and stone in the chest.

Then he heads out to dreifus.

11. - Top - End - #1121

You arrive at University grounds to find a certain amount of upheaval.

You hear the students discussing that apparently someone just attacked a professor!

12. - Top - End - #1122
    Troll in the Playground

Oh dear..... I better have nothing to do with this.

Scribly heads out again, only to come back later, in the form of an elf. He mingles with some of the students, trying to pick up rumors.

Spoiler
    Show
    Gather info (1d20+3)[15]

13. - Top - End - #1123

Apparently what has happened is that a young student by the name Tobias, whose father was recently found to be one of the leaders of an infernal cult, kinda snapped when he saw his girlfriend-bodyguard making out with a professor.

Instead of leaving or being careful he instead attacked the professor and injured the girl and another student and went as far as to summon forth an imp, proving he shared his fathers allegiance.

The young man was apprehended by the professor that was attacked and is now held in custody at the University pending a Tribunal. You also learn that in general this student had been a bully and trouble maker for the past couple of years due to his fathers prominent position.

14. - Top - End - #1124
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Friend or foe? Again you present Scribly with daunting possibilities and risks.

Of course, such things seem intruiging and Scribly continues questioning the students. This time trying to gather info on the father's location and the cult.

Spoiler
    Show
    Gather info (1d20+3)[19]

15. - Top - End - #1125

Spoiler
    Show

AvB has finished but remember I still have players running around. This is the handi-work of one of them but also ties to the story of yet another one!

You find some of the younger students more tightlipped about this. But as you are walking around the grounds searching for answers you over hear two gardeners talking about it.

The 'essence' is that Tobias's father was a powerful wizard and his mother part of an off shoot of one of the noble families. Recently with the involvement of a marqueed professor and the Church of Tiamat a cult worshipping Asmodeus, Lord of the Nine Hells, was discovered to have been corrupting the money of the city itself. The parents of Tobias along with a few others were the leaders of the cult that numbered almost a hundred members from all scopes of life in the city.

His mother and others were killed or apprehended but his father escaped taking with him most of the family's liquid wealth. Tobias was left a bit of a pariah given that he had been using his family's power and influence as a ladder for his being basically... a douche.

16. - Top - End - #1126
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Hmm, how interesting. Not quite ally material, but a possible employer nonetheless.

Scribly proceeds to gather a detailed describtion of the cult and father for possible scrying purposes later on.

When he feels he is done, he heads to see Dreifus.

Spoiler
    Show
    And, I like the story interaction! Makes it feel bigger.
    Last edited by Moranica; 2012-06-12 at 06:04 AM.

17. - Top - End - #1127

The people you approach around campus do not know the details of the cult activity.

You do get a description of the father though (Will add later, when I get to my notes on this).

Eventually you head down to the labs where Dreifus is spending his time.

At around the same time you feel that someone is attempting to scry on you...

18. - Top - End - #1128
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Manifestor lvl check (1d20+8)[11]. Not sure which one to take, this is the unmodified one.

19. - Top - End - #1129
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Also, apart from the scrying, did I detect any detection portals nearby?

20. - Top - End - #1130

Spoiler
    Show

Apologies for this but I have no access to SRD right now... can you post what that ability does exactly?

I recalled that it lets you sense when someone goes to scry on you but I cant recall the rest.

21. - Top - End - #1131
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Here it is.

Detect Remote Viewing
    Clairsentience
    Level: Psion/wilder 4
    Display: Mental and visual
    Manifesting Time: 1 standard action
    Range: 40 ft.
    Area: 40-ft.-radius emanation centered on you
    Duration: 24 hours
    Saving Throw: None
    Power Resistance: No
    Power Points: 7
    You immediately become aware of any attempt to observe you by means of a clairsentience (scrying) power or divination (scrying) spell. The power’s effect radiates from you and moves as you move. You know the location of every psionic or magical sensor within the power’s area.

If the viewing attempt originates within the area, you also know the viewer’s location. Otherwise, you and the remote viewer immediately make opposed manifester level checks (1d20 + manifester level, or viewer’s caster level as appropriate). If you at least match the remote viewer’s result, you get a visual image of the remote viewer and an accurate sense of the remote viewer’s direction and distance from you.

22. - Top - End - #1132

There is indeed a 'window' that has just started to follow you around and you sense it at the edge of your own detection radius.

Unfortunately though you do not manage to see through the divination magic and recognise who is trying to spy on you.

You are just outside the lad where Dreifus is but have not entered yet when this happens.

23. - Top - End - #1133
    Troll in the Playground

Scribly heads back out and over to the library, as if something just occured to him. He rummages through books until the window goes away.

24. - Top - End - #1134

You indeed do so in hopes of tricking who ever is watching you...

Unfortunately as time passes you can still sense the sensor... this goes on for at least 2 hours.

Spoiler
    Show

Dont know how long you plan to wait but for 2-4-6 hours you still feel the scrying effect on you...

25. - Top - End - #1135
    Troll in the Playground

Scribly realises this will take a long time. He searches the campus for a building with just one exit, which is in plain view. He then scribles a note, writing down, "GOTCHA!" which he 'hides' in the building under some kind of object, to prevent the casual viewer from finding it. Next, he heads out of the building and pretends to read on of his books outside, keeping an eye on the opening.

26. - Top - End - #1136

You do as you wish with little interaction with other students and without problem.

Unfortunately though time starts passing and you get tired of waiting for something to happen. Meanwhile whoever is watching you appears to still be doing so.

Spoiler
    Show

Spellcraft check please.

27. - Top - End - #1137
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Psicraft (1d20+7)[23]

28. - Top - End - #1138

As the effect continues you start getting worried... you remember from your studies that scrying effects over long distances such as a 'Scrying' spell have a duration of a few minutes. It takes someone as powerful as an Archmage to allow for 'Greater Scrying' that allows for many hours of observation.

Whats worse there is the possibility through such spells to use other divinations, including mind reading and the like...

29. - Top - End - #1139
    Troll in the Playground

Hmm, it seems this viewer will watch me where ever I go. There must be a way to break the spell. .... Could it be?!? ... if this thing is targetted on me, I might have a chance!

Scribly moves to a quiet area, then sits down and concentrates for a moment. Suddenly, he vanishes.

Spoiler
    Show
    Using time hop on myself. Not sure where I go during that time... perhaps another plane or nowhere? Hoping it would break the spell.

30. - Top - End - #1140

Spoiler
    Show

I do not see why it would break the spell... it might create a time space contiunumumuumumunuum rift though :D

Still as its an innovative idea I will leave it to the Dice gods to decide... 45% chance to break the spell...

01 to 46 and it breaks, 47 to 100 and it doesnt

(1d100)[18]

Regardless of result I can give you a hint.

Scribly is aware of a divination master in the university... maybe seeking him out could help somehow?