New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 41 of 54 FirstFirst ... 16313233343536373839404142434445464748495051 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,230 of 1591
  1. - Top - End - #1201
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: AvB - The adventures of Scribly

You are pretty sure that the 5 individuals with the robes are all copies. They seem not to move or talk while the other man is much more active. Its as if they are waiting.

With some searching you may be able to even tell almost were the building is, given what you can see outside the window.

In the next few minutes before your vision fades you see the man is clearly agitated or worried as he paces up and down. Your vision ends just as you hear a noise and all together the 5 clones and the man turn towards the door.

Spoiler
    Show

Wanted to do it a bit poetic...

You roam the streets and ...

Spoiler
    Show

Knowledge local and gather info to find what you are looking for (ie gangs and snitches that you can deal with)

AvB has come and gone. Its spirit still lives on in the few active threads...

2. - Top - End - #1202
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    RP can always use more drama.

Knowledge local (1d20+10)[24]
    Gather info (1d20+3)[12]
    "Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one."

3. - Top - End - #1203

The people you talk to are tight lipped generally. It seems the latest upheaval in the criminal underworld has left alot of people without a 'job' and hence being seen as an information giver is not that popular.

You do get a tip though that should you be looking for someone reliable you should head over to Four Winds in the Old Quarter, a seedy tavern that is just re-opened.

4. - Top - End - #1204

Spoiler
    Show

And a bumpity bump!

5. - Top - End - #1205
    Troll in the Playground

Scribly heads over to the tavern and enters. While pretending to be limp, he makes his way to the bar and orders a beer.

"Day, dear man. I'll have one of your beers. And not the cheap stuff, but something decent."

6. - Top - End - #1206

The Four Winds is a smelly *poo*hole.

The few lanterns are placed in strategic spots so that they generate more shadows while giving a gloomy low light. The low ceiling helps gather the smoke from the lanterns and the many cigarettes you see glowing around the place.

Despite its poor quality and obvious shady nature the place is big, two dozen round tables and half a dozen private cubicles form the ground floor. Judging from the exterior there is another floor upstairs.

The bar is staffed by a runt of a man with raven black hair that seem to shine in the darkness from some kind of product. He is currently in discussion with a hunched, cloaked figure. His face is bruised in many places and his lip is torn in two places.

The stares you get upon entering range from downright aggresive to disinterested yet cautious.

In the tables all around there are discussions, some in low tones some in grunting or growling and you realise why this place was mentioned to you as a hornet nest.

As you approach and make your request he looks at you with a penetrating stare.

"Sure" he says and gives you a pint of a frothy dark brown liquid.

7. - Top - End - #1207
    Troll in the Playground

Scribly looks around and only just manages to prevent a shiver. Looking scared would be a bad idea right now. He takes the beer and looks for a free table or barstool to sit down.

He then takes his time to observe the place, both to get an idea about how to gather information here, and to assess any threats that are to be avoided.

8. - Top - End - #1208

As you sit down and scan the crowd you hear a bit about this place from the scattered conversations around you.

Apparently the 2 owners, who were triplets and brothers of the man now serving at the bar, had been dealing with slavers of some kind. The Guard recently raided the place, arrested them and collected evidence and arrested many criminal elements. The bar itself was closed for 4 weeks and only reopened 2 weeks ago when the third brother returned from Brunsgrove.

It quickly regained its shady reputation and thus the more shady elements flocked to it. You hear that the 'pairings' of those looking for a job and those offering a job happens when you order drinks at your table.

Indeed you see a young woman, of far too good an appearance to be working in this place, doing the rounds and from time to time stopping for more than chit-chat at one table or another.

9. - Top - End - #1209
    Troll in the Playground

As Scribly notices the different happenings in the bar, he finally downs the last drop of liquid. He signals the waitress.

When she comes over he says:

"Hello, miss, could you arrange another drink for me? And perhaps someone to share it with? Someone well informed on anything obscure happening in Althaven?"

10. - Top - End - #1210

"You want obscure you go to the University... you want underhanded I can bring you someone" she says with a teasing smile.

Assuming you pay for a drink up front, one just as bad as the mud water they call beer in this place, indeed you see her whispering to a few ears during her rounds.

Eventually a tall, gaunt man joins you at your table. His clothes are of average quality and his breath smell of alcohol but his glance is sharp as he addresses you.

"I hear you need a ... guide?"

11. - Top - End - #1211
    Troll in the Playground

"Indeed I do. I'm looking for a certain location, or certain persons of whome I only have a vague description. All I can say is, both of them are situated in Oldtown."

"Would you be able to .... "guide" me in this?"

12. - Top - End - #1212

"I can do everything you want me to do for the right amount... I know the city and I know Old Town like the back of my hand" comes the response

13. - Top - End - #1213
    Troll in the Playground

"Good, good. And what will you cost me?" Scribly asks.

14. - Top - End - #1214

"Let us say 75 gold a day if you just need me as a guide... if things get heated though that doubles!"

15. - Top - End - #1215
    Troll in the Playground

"Alright, I suppose that will be alright. Here's what I'm looking for."

At first Scribly only describes the view from the window, hoping the guy will have some ideas on the location.

16. - Top - End - #1216

"Okay... thats Old Town alright. Matches the description of how the street view would look. Given that its two levels or more its probably towards the more central area and as you say there were quite a few meat carts and sellers its probably near Butcher lane..." he starts.

"We might need to walk down that area and you describe me again in more detail to pin point it!"

17. - Top - End - #1217
    Troll in the Playground

"Alright, let's do that. Lead the way!"

Scribly finishes his drink, pays and follows the man where ever he goes. He keeps a wary on him the whole time though. Life is full of surprises lately, and he's getting a feel for them.

18. - Top - End - #1218

The man asks half his daily fee up front but assuming you pay he doesnt give you any further trouble.

You walk the streets in silence and it is evident he knows his business. You pass by small alleys you never knew existed and exit from roads you could have sworn were dead ends.

Eventually he stops and asks you to once more repeat the details and everything you can recall.

"We are close but it just doesnt add up..." he says frustrated as you begin to describe the scene you saw.

Spoiler
    Show

Give me a spot check or a wisdom check whatever is best for you (or both if you wish).

19. - Top - End - #1219
    Troll in the Playground

Scribly indeed pays the man.

"What do you mean?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Wis (1d20+2)[14]

I'll be camping for two weeks in France. I'll get back to ya, when I get back.

20. - Top - End - #1220

Spoiler
    Show

Nice, hope you enjoy it and 'see' you when you are back!

"The visual you presented gives me a good indication but its too high off ground and I dont know any buildings with more than 2 levels in that area... I mean in order for you to see that far and that many buildings it would need to either be higher or a 3rd level building..." he explains.

And then stops.

"Or one of the towers from the inside wall that seperates noble quarter and old town..."

21. - Top - End - #1221
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Back!! And it was nice

"The wall you say? .... I don't suppose the wall is open to us oldtowners?"

"Still, we should have a look and we might find the location. Lead the way!"

22. - Top - End - #1222

"We are not allowed in the wall or past the wall unless a noble has given you written permission and sealed it with his personal seal..." he responds.

"There are some guard towers and some small residences on the wall itself but those are mostly handled by the Royal Guard and a couple of the city guard..." he adds.

You continue venturing about and now that you have a clearer indication before long he finds the street you had sight off. Indeed at the end of the street there is the Wall and at that point there is a tower.

23. - Top - End - #1223

Spoiler
    Show

Still around? Back from your trip or...?

24. - Top - End - #1224
    Troll in the Playground

"I see, it seems we have found our goal."

Scribly looks around a bit and asks the man to follow him.

"Thank you for the guided tour. Much appreciated."

Then, a dangerous glint enters his eyes.

"I assume you discretion is part of the bargain?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Back!!
    Last edited by Moranica; 2012-10-08 at 10:03 AM.

25. - Top - End - #1225

The icy glint seems to relay an appropriate message to the man.

"Errr... yes off course! My lips are sealed guv'!" he mutters and you do not sense any deception from his side.

26. - Top - End - #1226
    Troll in the Playground

"Good, ... good. Thank you for you services."

Scribly pays the man, remembers the place and heads home for a drink and some thought.

27. - Top - End - #1227

Nothing happens on your way home.

28. - Top - End - #1228
    Troll in the Playground

As Scribly get's home, he takes a seat and a couple of deep breaths. This whole thing reaks after trouble and horrible things. First off, he uses detect remote viewing, and if all is safe, he heads to bed to get rested. Tormorrow will be tricky.

The next day he changes forms once again, this time taking the shape of an average looking human, the type that works on the streets. Then he heads back to the site and spends all day scouting it and the neighbourhood.

29. - Top - End - #1229

Nothing happens to him during the rest of the day or night and noone is in his rooms.

You arrive at the spot that is to be your 'hunting ground' and begin your observation.

Spoiler
    Show

I am going to need 3 bluff checks, 3 disguise checks and 3 hide checks in order to not be noticed spying/watching/scouting.

Then I will need 3 spot checks.

30. - Top - End - #1230
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Rolls:
    Bluff
    (1d20+16)[30]
    (1d20+16)[21]
    (1d20+16)[33]

Disguise
    (1d20+34)[48]
    (1d20+34)[42]
    (1d20+34)[49]

Hide
    (1d20)[9]
    (1d20)[1]
    (1d20)[13]

Spot
    (1d20)[18]
    (1d20)[17]
    (1d20)[18]

Apparently I'm pretty good at spotting.
    Last edited by Moranica; 2012-10-16 at 02:00 PM.