1. - Top - End - #1411
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: AvB - The adventures of Scribly

Spoiler
    Show
    Leverage gained:
    - Zarkov
    - Georgi Lirean

Now what to do.... so many scenario´s possible.

I could just kill the deepspawn and be done with it.
    I could talk to officials to have Zarkov busted..., which is risky and I´m not sure whether it is wise. Perhaps I should attract an intermediate for this. ... Or become one myself of course. [grin]
    I could try and gain political leverage by bothering with Georgi. As a nobody though, that would be dangerous.
    Perhaps through Zarkov I could gain the right persons to discuss Georgi with.
    "Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one."

2. - Top - End - #1412
    Firbolg in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

In case you dont recall the details a brief summary for you.

Count Yerman is a noble from Brunsgrove here to negotiate various agreements and alliances with the Archduke.

The woman you had met while impersonating your first target (Lady/Duchess Eleonora Regira) is his elder sister.

Georgi is the Counts aide.

The Korps is a criminal organisation that rose to some power after the Jacks were destroyed. They are tied to slavery which is illegal in Aldhaven and the allied cities.

((Which robed men are you referring to?))

"Georgi has been in the service of the Counts family for many years as his advisor and aide. He is the one that arranged the marriage of Duke Regira and the Counts older sister hence securing two titles in the same family. I dont know his goals but he is fairly power hungry... taking over Aldhaven from inside sounds like a good fit." he tells you.

"No, Malakai is a drow. One of the few if not the only one in the city. Dont know much about him other than that he is incredibly deadly and somewhat of a loner..."

"I believe you have actually met him. And killed him. Twice I believe..." he tells you. "He is an adept with the blades and given some decent daggers he can make wonders."
    AvB has come and gone. Its spirit still lives on in the few active threads...

3. - Top - End - #1413
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    When I first scryed for the deepspawn, I saw some robed figures standing in front of the window.... This lead me to the man I'm interrogating now.

Also, lot's of light bulb glowing around my head at the moment.

"I see, no wonder she was furious when the clone, didn't quite act his part. Quite ironic really, but again, only for me. Makes me wonder, where are they staying at the moment."

"The blade is actually that poor fellow? Well, I really shouldn't worry so much then.", Scribly says confidently.

"So this Korps, tell me more about them."

"And before I forget, what where you guys going to do about me?"
    Last edited by Moranica; 2012-11-19 at 05:18 PM.

4. - Top - End - #1414

((Ah... know I realise who you mean. The robed fellows were those guys with the thinblades that dont really sleep and eat/drink.))

"The men with the robes are senior operatives. They are greenbloods that have actually come from the greater deepspawn and under the guidance of Georgi have developed different abilities and then allowed themselves to be consumed again... hence improved templates were developed. The Blade pales compared to them but he was a familiar face for the Duchess and hence was chosen as her protector. They are often used for abducting those that we need to convert..."

"They are staying in the Nobles Quarter. The Count and the Duchess have been in the city for almost four months now. They came as I said to have discussions on the future of the alliance but the Kinds illness has put a hold to those discussions and instead there they have to go through the Arcduke. I personally have never been to that side of the wall so I dont know the exact house..."

"I dont know that much about them. The Korps used to deal in smuggling and illegal substances while the Jacks were in power. They were part of the alliance that a marqueed agent put together and included the Kobolds, the Skulks and the Korps and along with elements from the Guard they attacked and destroyed the Jacks. Since then they have expanded and claimed part of the territory of the Jacks and their business...

I know they have some kind of underground lair that has an exit at the river and its from there that they get their shipments in the city. For us they were useful allies as their occasional slave was worth feeding to the spawn. That plus the fact they were eager to gain power made them easy to manipulate... so far they dont know why we were buying slaves from them or what our scope is... I believe Malakai and Georgi have been careful and only 1 or 2 low level Korps members have been turned to green bloods..."

5. - Top - End - #1415
    Troll in the Playground

"Wait,.. what?!?!, there is a Greater Deepspawn now? Those things are lethal!!!"

"If I were to kill Malakai, the deepspawn and georgi. Do you think my trouble would finally be over?"

"Does Georgi or the duchess have any enemies I should know of?"

6. - Top - End - #1416

"The greater deepspawn is not here. Its back in Brunsgrove... or at the cave system anyway..." he explains to you.

"I doubt you will survive this. You seem good at what you do but not that good. This is a major operation and I do not know why you chose to be involved in it and cause all these problems. Surrendering might mean you are spared. Let me go and I will put in a good word..." he says and smiles thinking the tables are turning.

As to your last question he shrugs.

"Well... all those that dont want to become deepspawn food? Plus I know the gnomes are not happy about the continues influence and pressure the Count and the Duchess are employing. I have heard they hired three assassins to track down and kill green bloods but something happened and they stopped the pursuit..."

7. - Top - End - #1417
    Troll in the Playground

"What cave exactly? Leave out nothing!!"

"Any passwords or such I should know about?"

"I never chose to be involved in this. I was running from the law myself, when I came here. YOU chose to mess up stuff here, and you will pay for it. I guess that is simply the way things are."

"Bloody gnomes again... silly buggers."

After the man answers, Scribly speaks menacingly: "Now, I suppose I should kill you, but I feel like you're still keeping something from me. So perhaps I should call the kobold back in...."

8. - Top - End - #1418

"There is a cave system that the Consortium has established for the Deepspawn operations. Its four days ride from Brunsgrove to the east on the Bogun Hills."

"Not really... passwords are a silly way to keep allied operations. Anyone can learn it. The operatives working for the Consortium know each other. In the case of the green bloods a soft cut to the palm proves one is of the group..."

"You chose to be involved when you started killing our turned."

He seems terrified at the prospect you will turn him back to the kobold.

"No please dont. I have told you everything... There is nothing more to say! You know all about the operation!"

9. - Top - End - #1419
    Troll in the Playground

"Just checking....", and Scribly slits the man's throat.

What a mess I'm in. I need allies, but really..... really?!?! kobolds, goblins or gnomes. What a perfect alliance that would be. Best chat with the kobolds first.

.. a timed strike would be best. Hitting Malakai and the deepspawn simultaneously, while I talk to the Archduke about Georgie...., or Mr. Mraz. That might be even better. He better give me all the credit though. Let's start negotiations....

Scribly steps outside again and relays all he knows to Vulchanka and asks for their help in this. And inquires more about the Korps.
    Last edited by Moranica; 2012-11-19 at 06:17 PM.

10. - Top - End - #1420
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    The plan, so I remember tommorow and you know what I'll be trying to do.
    - Send note to Dreifus to have him search the campus for Malakai
    - Have the kobolds or gnomes attack the deepspawn and Malakai
    - Have Mraz talk to the Archduke and explain what's happening. Perhaps arange a meeting with me and one of his trustees.
    - Be part of the assault on Georgi perhaps or one of the others.

11. - Top - End - #1421

Spoiler
    Show

One question... have you cast detect scrying today? And is there any divination protection you have put on your lair?

The kobold walks inside looking at the body.

"Oh... and I thought I would get to play with him more...

Well... make sure you get rid of it completely... destroying it can work better than dumping it as I dont suppose you want them feeding it to the monster and sending the copies to you..." he advises.

"Now all this sounds very complex and complicated. I would put away any thoughts of contacting the Nobility... not only they will not listen your word or even this Mraz's against nobles and ambassadors but most likely they will turn against you. As for the Archduke... he is as wrotten as they get so I would avoid any contact with him if I where you..."

"As for the Korps. We actually worked with them against the Jacks. A skulk assassin took care of a rogue agent of theirs so that they would owe us a favour and then we recruited them for hitting some of their satellite basis. They are as bad as you can get them... we sure eat a gnome here and then but we dont enslave them and sell them to whoever wants flesh!" he says with some disgust.

"They have various operations in the Guildsman district and North Market for now but we think they will be planning to expand. They dont have one leader but rather a group of individuals which is always a recipe for disaster. We all know monarchy and figure head operations work better... the Khan of the Hobgoblins, the Shadow Spider of the skulks and the Big Boss for us... much like the Upstanding Man for the Jacks are the best way to go..." he concludes.

"If I were you though I would continue to scratch off small time operatives so that you become a serious problem and force them to stop their operations and focus on solving the issue... whats more when that time comes, even if you end up being discovered you will only be dealing with who is left rather than the entire organisation. Plus its not as if the green bloods will suddenly drop and die because the DeepSpawn is dead... or at least I dont think so... cant say I know that much about them!"

12. - Top - End - #1422
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Yes, Detect remote viewing is 24 hrs duration and should always be on. And the ring of spell battle warns me of spellcasting within 60 ft, though I'm not sure if that's applicable.

The protection for my lair exists only in my long term plans.

"I guess wisdom does come with old age. And your morality is admirable ..... I hear your words and will think about it. Would you mind taking care of the body? While I am not powerless myself, it is quite a hassle for me."

"Indeed biting of the head, might be more then I can handle right now. Question is though, are you willing to help me with this? If we start mapping their entire organisation and spread, I would be able to snip of bits and pieces easily. It seems you kobolds are a lot better informed then me though. And me searching out everything, would likely take to much time."

13. - Top - End - #1423

He grins when you ask him to take care of the body.

"Oh certainly! I would love to help with that! One of my boys here can take it on our way out!"

"Now as for helping you. I do want to ask you... why should we? I mean we have quite a few things on our plate right now and I am trying to understand why should we not maybe help them against you. You are one while they already have an organisation in place and have contacts to the nobility. What is it that you are offering for us to risk kobold lives for your shake? Its one thing to sell you info or help with an interrogation and another entirely to start a small war..."

He is asking in a more jovial conversational tone rather than challenging you, as if he is truly interested in hearing your response.

14. - Top - End - #1424
    Troll in the Playground

Oh god... they're gonna eat him... I knew it.

"Well, all I really want to do is a safe environment for me to live in, one that I can control an manipulate. Much like your Big Boss, but on a much smaller scale. In this world of groups of power it is difficult to survive. Especially if you accidentally collide with one of those groups, as happened now. In order for me to survive I need friends and allies. Now I've found a home and therefore you would be my most likely friends. What better to have a very flexible [change head into one of a kobold] friend as a tool and contact with the outside world."

"You see......"

15. - Top - End - #1425

"Not sure that is reason enough. As you said... you are useful but you are asking us to help you against what appears to be a well thought organisation that collaborates at least in part with one of our other allies..." the shaman says. He seems to be considering your proposal though.

"Anyway, I shall bring the information to the Big Boss and see what he says. He really does enjoy proposals that come along with presents though... do you have any... offerings for him that might make his mood better?" he asks with a cunning smile.

16. - Top - End - #1426
    Troll in the Playground

"As I mentioned before, the're supposed to be gnomes involved with the greenbloods as well. Imagine the fun of double crossing them!!! Beat them at their own game. Might yield some tasty bits for Big Boss as well." Scribly continues to change his head into that of a gnome and does a poor imitation of a complete idiot, hoping to draw a laugh from the kobolds."

How does kobold humor work anyway. They're a funny lot, they are. Perhaps they would enjoy a little suggestion placed on the guards, for when they see the Big Boss... a chicken dance perhaps? .... no to early I think, best hold off on that.

17. - Top - End - #1427

"You are dealing with a serious issue here my friend" says the kobold obviously not appreciating the levity with which you are taking the situation.

"Fun is fun and work is work. If we want to mess with the gnomes that is indeed of use to use but that will come because we enter in this project... its not something YOU are providing us with..." he says his friendly and relaxed demeanor changing.

"Anyway. I shall be off to the Big Boss and we will be in contact."

18. - Top - End - #1428
    Troll in the Playground

"Of course, of course. It's just a bit unreal if you see where I was 6 weeks ago, and am now. It's a rollercoaster, even if it may bring me good."

"Thank you for your time, and don't forget the body!"

Scribly heads back inside, to clean up.

19. - Top - End - #1429

The kobold waves his hand and one of his bodyguards heads inside with you to retrieve the body. Blood has made a mess of your floor as it has dripped all over the floor.

You then sense magic being cast within 60 feet of your current location from at three sources...

20. - Top - End - #1430
    Troll in the Playground

Immediatly, Scribly yells for help and casts vigor.

"HELP!!!!"
    Last edited by Moranica; 2012-11-20 at 11:06 AM.

21. - Top - End - #1431

The kobold who is with you inside looks at you suprised.

"What are you doing? What are you yelling about?" he asks you.

The next moment two fireballs erupt to the left and right of your door and inky tentacles starts coming out of the ground. You hear screaming for the kobold shaman and his three bodyguards.

You and the one inside did not suffer any damage from the flames as the door was half closed but the tentacles will be within reach of you.

22. - Top - End - #1432
    Troll in the Playground

Scribly reacts instinctively to the fireballs. A dampen power manifests instantly dampening the destructive fire of one of them.

Spoiler
    Show
    Initiative (1d20+0)[10], assuming the surprise round is over.

HP (48+55 temp)
    PP (59/78)

23. - Top - End - #1433

Spoiler
    Show

Unfortunately they go first.

The shaman screetches something in Draconic and the black tentacles disappear from the area as you feel magic being cast.

Once more you feel three spells being cast within 60 feet and another two fireballs impact the walls outside this time causing them to shake. There is no sound from the bodyguards, except for the one next to you that rushes outside to help.

24. - Top - End - #1434
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    I don't have it hear, but I assume the ring uses a immediate action? Which I don't have left.

Scribly activates his cloack of deception and dissapears until the end of the turn. He moves to the door opening and actives his scout's lenses to gain see invisibility for 10 minutes.

Spoiler
    Show
    Does spellcrafting those spells require an action? Or visual aid?
    Last edited by Moranica; 2012-11-20 at 02:26 PM.

25. - Top - End - #1435

Spoiler
    Show

Which ring do you mean? Communication or Spellbattle? Communication ring can be a standard action to talk normally... or a swift action for 6 words.

As for the other question no. You only need to feel the power and need no action or visual aid to identify the spell if you pass the spellcraft. The first spells they cast were pretty obvious... fireball, fireball, evards black tentacles.

The next barrage was fireball, fireball and XXX where XXX depends on the result of your spellcraft.

Make the roll so I tell you what the spell is, in case it will make you change your action.

26. - Top - End - #1436
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Psicraft (1d20+16)[30]
    Psicraft (1d20+16)[28]

And it won't change my actions.

Meant the spell battle ring indeed. Looked it up and it's immediate indeed.

My sheet btw.
    Last edited by Moranica; 2012-11-20 at 05:00 PM.

27. - Top - End - #1437

Spoiler
    Show

The spell just cast is feeblemind

As you look outside you dont actually see anyone invisible. What you do see is two figures wearing dark grey robes and silver masks. They are wielding wands and pointing them towards the door.

Fifteen feet behind them there is another man in a similar robe but wearing a golden mask instead.

To the left and right of the door you see the charred remains of the three bodyguards and the suprised fourth that stepped out. The shaman is leaning against the wall obviously hurt but alive although he is drooling from the mouth.

28. - Top - End - #1438
    Troll in the Playground

UhScribly quickly casts suggestion on the one feebleminding earlier and the golden mask (if he didnt).

"Undress completely in slowmotion and do nothing for 2 hours.."

Also activates sanctuary.
    Last edited by Moranica; 2012-11-20 at 05:56 PM.

29. - Top - End - #1439

Spoiler
    Show

The man in the golden mask IS the one that cast feeblemind. The target was the kobold who being a shaman counts as arcane caster even though he has divine and arcane spells.

Targetting requires a spell resistance check

30. - Top - End - #1440
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Then it should be Mr gold and 1 lackey.

(1d20+8)[26] vs Sr.