Page 49 of 54 FirstFirst ... 2439404142434445464748495051525354 LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,470 of 1591
  1. - Top - End - #1441
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: AvB - The adventures of Scribly

Spoiler
    Show

Good roll!

You sense a weird resistance as you try to affect the mind of the man in the golden mask as if his psyche protects him from your attack. You focus and burst through it though and you try to implant your suggestion inside your mind just like you do at one of the silver masked guys.

Indeed that one slowly starts removing his clothes, starting by the mask. Your recognise the face behind as it is that of one of the four guardians of the taskmaster you killed.

The one in the golden mask laughs.

"Oh hello little mouse. Come out to play with us. I will give you one chance to walk out of here alive. Take it or you will die here painfully only to be reborn for the cause."
    AvB has come and gone. Its spirit still lives on in the few active threads...

2. - Top - End - #1442

Spoiler
    Show

Out of curiosity... why would he be unable to feeblemind you? I mean when you change forms you gain the physical characteristics and various rules but you dont lose your mental stats right? So should he feeblemind you, you will end up being a tendriculos with intelligence 1... no?

Also preparing a map for you and will post asap. The group of attackers are not next to the door (as that would mean their own fireballs hits them)

3. - Top - End - #1443
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Since it gives me the type also, I gain all the stuff that belongs to the type as well. Source

Found another with a chart

So basicly, as a plant I would gain immunity to mind affecting.
    Last edited by Moranica; 2012-11-21 at 06:14 AM.
    "Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one."

4. - Top - End - #1444

Spoiler
    Show

The map:

I assume you are at H15. The Silver mask with the / on him is the one that got... suggested :D

Let me know if thats okay before we continue.

5. - Top - End - #1445
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Actually, I can't turn into a tendriculous then, with it being huge.... I would get stuck.

H15 should indeed be where he starts his turn.

Since he can't become a huge creature, he can't threaten goldie. Mind if I retcon?

I just put down my action here, and delete either this one, or the one where I become huge

Scribly feels worried at the bravado of the man. But suddenly he realises.

"RUN!!! I'LL HOLD THEM OFF!!"

Scribly uses his new boots to dissapear and reappear at O17.

Spoiler
    Show
    Sanctuary should still be active.
    Last edited by Moranica; 2012-11-21 at 07:10 AM.

6. - Top - End - #1446

Spoiler
    Show

Oh... so no telling him who he is and stuff? I liked that part!

Sorry for the cramped location but I actually found the map I had given you first fought the nimblewright in this location and took over the place so I couldnt just make it bigger... it is the sewers after all!

The remaining kobold bodyguard hears your warning and rushes to get the wounded feebleminded shaman just as you disappear.

You indeed reappear a split second away near the man in the golden mask and he spuns to face you while giving a fast command to the silver mask with the wand.

"Again."

At which point one more fireball is fired towards the bodyguard and the wounded shaman but you cant see if they survive this time.

Still you have worse problems as he raises his hand and fires a thin dark grey ray from it towards you.

Spoiler
    Show

Touch attack (1d20)[16] - crit confirm (1d20)[12]
    "damage" (1d4)[2] x 1.5 - crit damage (1d4)[3]

Spellcraft to recognise the spell and also whats your touch AC?

Last edited by Monodominant; 2012-11-21 at 07:41 AM.

7. - Top - End - #1447
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    It's 10 actually.... I should so have cast inertial armor instead of vigor earlier...

Spellcraft (1d20+16)[24] Should I want to redirect it at himself, would that require another roll from me?

Don't worry, it will come. I don't want to anger him with the shaman around.
    Last edited by Moranica; 2012-11-21 at 07:46 AM.

8. - Top - End - #1448

Spoiler
    Show

The spell he just cast is an Empowered Enervation.

From what I read you use it as if using dispel... meaning you need a caster level check.

What I wonder is... if you manage to return it against him... does he get to use his SR against it?

9. - Top - End - #1449
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Good question, and frankly, I have no idea. My reasoning would be as follows.
    - The same question goes for saving, which I think he should be able to do so. Just as rallying will power to ward off an effect, so should he be able to rally his innate resistance.
    - No save, no SR on a spellcraft check is a bit OP for 12k, me thinks. I mean, I basicly get to prevent it hitting me with a skill check. So it's already win for me.

Disclaimer: he has to fail all rolls of course.

Scribly rebounds the spell back onto Goldie.
    Last edited by Moranica; 2012-11-21 at 08:30 AM.

10. - Top - End - #1450

Spoiler
    Show

Well, the no save is because Enervation has no save. Had it been a spell that allowed for a save then he would get it. Similarly if he had cast Force Orb (no SR, no Save) he would get neither... had you rebounded a fireball he would get both.

So lets roll with this... as the spell is rebounded it has all usual characteristics as its rules go... so if SR applies... it applies... if Save applies... it applies... if not your target wont get anything (unless if they have their own items to allow for any immidiate actions to avoid).

Furthermore, I think it makes sense not to roll again to hit but rather to keep the same roll. So in this case the ray WILL hit him if you rebound it.

But (correct me if I am wrong) from reading the Spell Battle ring, its effects are like a dispel (with the addition of rebound if you want it). This means that you need the spellcraft to identify the spell and then a caster level check to actually succeed.

So please roll me a caster level check (d20+your level)

11. - Top - End - #1451
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Here goes nothing! (1d20+8)[21]

I must say, I really really like my rolling this battle.
    Last edited by Moranica; 2012-11-21 at 08:50 AM.

12. - Top - End - #1452

Spoiler
    Show

It was exactly what you needed so that was very very good.

Now lets see his SR and then I will post (here) the results!

(1d20)[9]

You return the ray right at him and it hits him right on the chest. A loud gasp of suprise escapes his lips as his own spell bypasses his own resistance to such powers and he growls.

Your turn.
    Last edited by Monodominant; 2012-11-21 at 09:06 AM.

13. - Top - End - #1453
    Troll in the Playground

Scribly smiles grimly as the man is hit by his own doings.

"Serves you right, Malakai!! You will not have the body and you will not remain in these sewers. I've had it with you and your clones. You organisation is going down! And I might as well start with the head of the snake."

A change once again overtakes Scribly, after he activated his sanctuary once more. Slowly he turns into something resembling a heap of vegetation with vines included.

As last he activates his anarchic grace (20% miss chance, 3 rnds).

14. - Top - End - #1454

His companion fires one last fireball at the location the bodyguard and shaman are still and then turns towards you.

Malakai on the other hand doesnt seem to be easily baited when there is a particular mission at hand. He withdraws away from you taking care not to be attacked and moves towards your home...

Spoiler
    Show

Basically no action from him, he used withdraw maneuver to leave without provoking AoO... should you wish to follow him remember his two cronies blocking your way.

Malakai moved 35 feet to H15.

15. - Top - End - #1455
    Troll in the Playground

Scribly dimension doors next to him. H15-I16

"I'n muk deas tey"

16. - Top - End - #1456

The golden masked man laughs as you appear next to him.

He quickly turns his head and nods at his associate who points the wand at you but waits for a moment.

You have time to see the Golden mask back off by 5 feet, entering your own lair and then quickly and defensively do a series of motions before pointing towards you once more.

Spoiler
    Show

Spellcraft to recognise the spell (though it becomes obvious from the effect)

Ranged touch (1d20)[3]
    Fortitude save DC 18 or become exhausted. On succesful save you are just fatigued.

Whats your touch AC in this form?

A fireball hits both of you the next moment coming from the silver mask with the wand.

Spoiler
    Show
    causing (7d6)[34] points of damage. DC reflex 15 save for half, remember to substract dex from the ray attack
    Last edited by Monodominant; 2012-11-21 at 12:16 PM.

17. - Top - End - #1457
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Touch AC is 9.
    Don't forget Sanctuary and 20% miss.
    Spellcraft (1d20+16)[28]
    Fort save (1d20+6)[24]

Reflex (1d20+3)[12] without penalties yet. (either -1 or -3) if the ray hits.
    Last edited by Moranica; 2012-11-21 at 02:35 PM.

18. - Top - End - #1458
    Troll in the Playground

Scribly is flabbergasted by Malakai's bravado. Regardless, he smiles (inside, Shambling mounds don't smile) as Malakai is within reach of his vines.

He steps in front of the door and lashes out twice. Attempting to grapple him on a hit.

Spoiler
    Show
    Slam1 (1d20+10)[23]; (2d6+5)[13]
    Slam2 (1d20+10)[12]; (2d6+5)[10]
    Grapple on hit (1d20+14)[20]; (2d6+7)[16] on succes.

no penalties included yet
    Last edited by Moranica; 2012-11-21 at 04:20 PM.

19. - Top - End - #1459

Spoiler
    Show

The spell is Ray of Exhaustion.

Succesful save means you are only Fatigued.

About the sanctuay... well... as you can imagine Malakai is a wizard... high will save is one of his things. For his servant... fireball is an area effect spell, he doesnt target you...

I did forget miss chance though so lets roll it now (1d100)[8] 20<hits

The ray he fires seems to somehow miss you, deflected by the stands of fate. And is grounded against the wall behind you.

"Full of tricks sir" he says before the fire strikes. You are unable to get out of the way and the damage eats away your excess vitality. With some surprise you see that the flames fail to harm him at all as he resists the magic of the attack.

As you move forward to attack he seems to try and use his cloak to protect himself... and indeed the moment your blow connects he disappears and reappears 10 feet further inside the room and next to the body.

Spoiler
    Show

I.e. he used an immidiate action

Last edited by Monodominant; 2012-11-21 at 04:34 PM.

20. - Top - End - #1460

((His turn))

Now claiming the momentum he grabs the body of his dead comrade and once more casts a spell against you.

Spoiler
    Show

Ranged touch

(1d20)[5]
    strength damage (1d10+3)[7] , no save
    miss chance (1d100)[92]

Spellcraft to identify

Meanwhile his companion uses the tried and true method of before and fires another fireball for (7d6)[30] fire damage (DC 15 reflex for 1/2)

21. - Top - End - #1461
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Spellcraft (1d20+16)[19]

Dampening the fireball

Scribly acts almost instantly as another fireball flies towards him. A shimmering field surrounds him and only small flecks of fire manage to burn him.

Indeed, this Malakai fellow is strong. This could be problematic.

Scribly closes the door before moving next to the fireball lobbing wizard.

Spoiler
    Show
    Slam (1d20+7)[15]; (2d6+2)[8]
    Grapple on hit (1d20+11)[20]; (2d6+4)[14]

Hoping the psionic lock on the door activates automaticly. Not sure though, and not sure how it would activate otherwise.
    Last edited by Moranica; 2012-11-21 at 04:54 PM.

22. - Top - End - #1462
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Forgot reflex (1d20+3)[8]

HP (48+21 temp +8 from mound)
    PP (33/78)
    Fatigues -2 dex and -2 strength
    Strength damage 7

Spoiler
    Show
    Just realised Damp power only costs me 2 pp ...... why didn't I before??

.... And I made a mistake. Damp = immediate = no swift acion this turn = no hustle...
    Last edited by Moranica; 2012-11-21 at 04:54 PM.

23. - Top - End - #1463

Spoiler
    Show

Lets say it does (for the psionic lock).

The spell he cast was Escalating enfeeblement. If your target is exhausted or fatigued it does 1d10+1 per 2 caster levels strength damage (and if you are wondering he has negative levels hence the +3)

Also roll your reflex save... you dampened the fireball but you have the chance to save and take even less damage :D

And can you remind me what you have in your room? Is your gear and stuff there? Magic items etc or do you carry everything with you?

As the door closes in his face you hear further laughter from the man in the Golden Mask.

The silver masked man does not flinch when you attack. He ducks under your tentacled slam though.

In response he draws a thin blade from the folds of his robe and you can see that actually he is wearing light armor underneath. Some form of light chainshirt.

He thrusts twice against you with the thinblade but both times he fails to wound you.

24. - Top - End - #1464

Spoiler
    Show

Read you edits.

Never mind, lets go with the flow, I am enjoying the combat scene and its cinematic... at some point I might do a swift and an immidiate to even the score (it wont be to kill you or anything) :D

25. - Top - End - #1465
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Apart from my awesome furniture, I left my "new" healing belt in there and most of my gold ((5d200+2000)[2271] gp). Both are in my psionicly locked chest though.

It's very good fun indeed!! Scribly will be visiting the university to get some teaching on proper suggestions.

He slams the man twice.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+7)[11]; (2d6+2)[10]
    (1d20+7)[11]; (2d6+2)[4]
    Grapple (1d20+11)[18]; (2d6+4)[11]
    Last edited by Moranica; 2012-11-21 at 05:00 PM.

26. - Top - End - #1466

Both attacks fail to cause any harm to the man as he parries them away. Unlike the one in the Golden mask he does not speak or comment or even breath heavily from the exertion.

Instead he spins the light sword expertly in his hands and tries to pierce you twice more. Once again though both attacks miss...

Spoiler
    Show

Cant roll above freaking 4 for this guy!

27. - Top - End - #1467
    Troll in the Playground

More slamming action with Scribly

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+7)[22]; (2d6+2)[8]
    (1d20+7)[9]; (2d6+2)[13]
    Grapple (1d20+11)[18]; (2d6+4)[11]

If this missing keeps up, I'm going Chuul on him!

28. - Top - End - #1468

This time your first blow hits and although you do not cause alot of damage you manage to also grapple him and crash him a bit.

He struggles and tries to break your grapple but fails and you maintain your hold.

Your turn (and a listen check please).

29. - Top - End - #1469
    Troll in the Playground

Scribly maintains the grapple and slams him again.

Spoiler
    Show
    Grapple (1d20+11)[16]; (2d6+4)[12]

Natural atatcks work right?
    Slam (1d20+7)[15]; (2d6+2)[5]
    Slam (1d20+7)[22]; (2d6+2)[12]

Listen (1d20-2)[18]

30. - Top - End - #1470

Spoiler
    Show

You can use natural weapons with a -4 penalty but other than that yes. That means that your first attack doesnt hit. The second does though.

Grapple check to stop you from damaging him (1d20+6)[10]

For the first time he gives a pained groan as you continue crashing him with your bulk as he fails to block you from squeezing him tighter.

Your slams with the various tendrils manage to also slam his face left and right causing even more damage but he continues to struggle trying to break free.

Spoiler
    Show

His attempt to break the grapple.

(1d20+6)[14]

So in your turn roll also to see if he manages to break it before your actions.

From behind you, you hear a faint noise. A quick look allows you to see Malakai having teleported outside the room and scooping up the dead kobold shaman in a bag of holding.
    Last edited by Monodominant; 2012-11-22 at 02:54 AM.