New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 49 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202136 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Default Re: Iskandar's Travels in Minecraft: The LP and the MP Server Thread MKII

Quote Originally Posted by Destro_Yersul View Post
    Episode 9 of my LP is up too, for those who haven't seen it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHsR4NHjq-w
    Your narration and video were starting to get a bit disjointed: there were about 30 seconds of black after you cut, but the disjoint was noticeable as soon as when you started to place the pump and the quarry.

2. - Top - End - #302
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Iskandar's Travels in Minecraft: The LP and the MP Server Thread MKII

Hmm. Bugger. I'll try to fix that. I think I might know what the problem is, but I could have sworn I cropped the thing enough...

I found somwhere that it desynced a bit. I'm re-compressing the movie file now, and will re-upload it shortly. I hope it works this time, I went through the whole thing to make sure all the sound was where it was supposed to be, so if it desyncs this time, there's likely nothing I can do about it.

Old video deleted, new one uploading now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObhFn46FV3I

And there's the link. I've checked over it in a few places, and the desync appears to be fixed.
    Last edited by Destro_Yersul; 2011-11-22 at 11:59 AM.
    I used to do LP's. Currently archived here:

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:
    The Great Divide Dark Heresy - Finished
    They All Uprose Dark Heresy - Finished
    Dead in the Water Dark Heresy - Finished
    House of Glass Dark Heresy - Deceased

We All Fall Down Dark Heresy - Finished

Sea of Stars Rogue Trader - Ongoing

3. - Top - End - #303
    Barbarian in the Playground

And there you have it. I have a bit of a Franken-PC. I got the thing 5 years ago, and have upgraded and replaced various bits of it over the years. Right now, the only original parts are the 160GB drive, the CD/Floppy drives, and the case. Everything else has been replaced at least once, and it's a miracle this thing works as well as it does. I may put it out of its misery and get a new rig at some point, but right now I have other things to spend money on.
    Good to know someone else still uses theses

4. - Top - End - #304
    Titan in the Playground

Ok, I've been on the server for a bit today, cleaning snow. Despite the fact it was neither my doing nor my responsibility, The YersulCorp Office of Snow Removal and Street Repair has been hard at work clearing the roads and such around spawntown of excess white stuff. Snowballs were disposed of by tossing them at buildings.

Exhibit A: Snowballs.
    Spoiler
    Show

However, it wasn't all fun and games. I would like to propose an immediate moratorium on terraformers. They don't appear to be particularly selective about where they dump snow, nor do they seem to mind removing the occasional block to do it. The Reed-o-mat has been rendered pretty much inoperable due to replacement/washing away of fully half its redstone workings. I lack the materials necessary to replace them. In addition, fairly extensive repairs were required to the bakery and warehouse, and I believe Spawn Shelter could use a bit of a touching up too. Fortunately the library appears to have been out of range. I haven't checked many of the other structures, but really. Anything so damaging as these devices clearly are should not be put to widespread use.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

5. - Top - End - #305

Ok, I've been on the server for a bit today, cleaning snow. Despite the fact it was neither my doing nor my responsibility, The YersulCorp Office of Snow Removal and Street Repair has been hard at work clearing the roads and such around spawntown of excess white stuff. Snowballs were disposed of by tossing them at buildings.

Exhibit A: Snowballs.
    Spoiler
    Show

However, it wasn't all fun and games. I would like to propose an immediate moratorium on terraformers. They don't appear to be particularly selective about where they dump snow, nor do they seem to mind removing the occasional block to do it. The Reed-o-mat has been rendered pretty much inoperable due to replacement/washing away of fully half its redstone workings. I lack the materials necessary to replace them. In addition, fairly extensive repairs were required to the bakery and warehouse, and I believe Spawn Shelter could use a bit of a touching up too. Fortunately the library appears to have been out of range. I haven't checked many of the other structures, but really. Anything so damaging as these devices clearly are should not be put to widespread use.
    I disagree on a full moratorium, howover a 1 kilometre limit from buildings aside from your own may be a better option, also, feel free to raid my not-so secret base for redstone if you need any. (not 100% sure if there is any left, but if there is, you are welcome to it)

6. - Top - End - #306
    Bugbear in the Playground

Destro, I'll give you a couple stacks of redstone to fix the damage done, no problems.

To everyone else: A bit of common sense, aye? I've tried not to be too strict with server rules, but this keeps up...

If you aren't sure what might happen if you do something, either don't do it, or don't do it where it might damage others property. At least 3Sec was kind enough to detonate his nukes AWAY from spawn.

Not mad, just mildly annoyed.
    My youtube channel, featuring LPs of Minecraft and various other indie games: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCa98B36NhE0lWNEn3lGc86Q

7. - Top - End - #307
    Ogre in the Playground

I am sorry that the terraformer caused such trouble. I had no Idea at the time that it would destroy blocks. If you need redstone, the chest at the back-left of my supply dump at the new settlement is literally full of the stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3SecondCultist View Post
    Yeah, DreamingMage honestly thinks he is a god. Over the years, I've found it best just to go with it.
    Spoiler: Things I Once Was But No Longer Entirely Am
    Show

Previous Usernames: DreamingMage, Zeno Desaqqara
    Credit to araveugnitsuga.
    Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

8. - Top - End - #308

NinjaGuy

New Industrial Episode. Definitely my personal favorite of the series.

Iskandar, when the mods update to 1.0, make backups of your world saves before you do the updates, incase more errors occur.

9. - Top - End - #309

Yeah. I'm thinking my RPG LP may have to stay 1.8.1 for a while. One of the mods' authors has already stated that he has to redo the mod for 1.0 (level up!). I kind of expected the RPG one to take the longest, though, it does have the most mods.

IC LP has another ep in the works.

(edit upload in process. Finally got together a credits section for my Industrial stuff, and saved it as a handy text file for easy insertion in the description of my videos. If you ever wonder what mods I'm using, you'll find it there. )
    Last edited by Iskandar; 2011-11-24 at 12:10 AM.
    My youtube channel, featuring LPs of Minecraft and various other indie games: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCa98B36NhE0lWNEn3lGc86Q

10. - Top - End - #310

Second IC episode will be here within the next 15 minutes or so.

Sometimes, things do not go according to plan.

11. - Top - End - #311
    Titan in the Playground

That cave was trolling you on so many levels, Iskandar. Also, it irks me that you leave dark spaces in caves and just go mining in the dark. It's so very unsafe to do that.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

12. - Top - End - #312

I'll be talking a small haidus till sometime next week, school decided to rear it's ugly head.
    Last edited by Zain; 2011-11-24 at 01:17 PM.

13. - Top - End - #313
    Titan in the Playground

Likewise. I've got one craaazy schedule coming up, including Winter Exams.
    Spoiler: Stuff I'm Working On
    Show
    Small Justice

An ongoing web serial about politics, vengeance, and miniature lizards. Go check it out!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeno Desaqqara View Post
    You divine bastard.

"Life is to be lived, not controlled; and humanity is won by continuing to play in the face of certain defeat."

14. - Top - End - #314
    Ogre in the Playground

As, of course, do I.
    Yeah, DreamingMage honestly thinks he is a god. Over the years, I've found it best just to go with it.
    Show

Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

15. - Top - End - #315

In sumation, the canadien youth of the sever are on hiadus do to school.

16. - Top - End - #316

RPG LP 05 will be live in a bit.

I have yet to play the release version of Minecraft. From the looks of things, it will be quite a while before I can.
    Last edited by Iskandar; 2011-11-26 at 03:22 AM.

17. - Top - End - #317

And an important announcement

18. - Top - End - #318
    Ettin in the Playground

I vote for the adventure maps to be played with someone else together, if time permits. That way you and someone else can play off of each other.

(Also, looks like the zeppelin mod will update sooner than expected. Apparently not much changed there. And SMP will be tackled next for it. :D )
    Last edited by Domochevsky; 2011-11-26 at 09:45 AM.
    Mah Badges!
    Spoiler
    Show

Hey, check out my site. (It has interactive comics, stories and coding efforts.)

19. - Top - End - #319

Quote Originally Posted by Domochevsky View Post
    I vote for the adventure maps to be played with someone else together, if time permits. That way you and someone else can play off of each other.

(Also, looks like the zeppelin mod will update sooner than expected. Apparently not much changed there. And SMP will be tackled next for it. :D )
    I agree with this. If possible, and the updates in MCforge etc take forever, a SMP adventure map may be an idea.

20. - Top - End - #320
    Ettin in the Playground

Hm, the mumble server seems to be down.

Edit: aaand it's back up. And continues to be empty. Srsly, people, get on it.
    Last edited by Domochevsky; 2011-11-29 at 08:31 AM.
    Mah Badges!
    Spoiler
    Show

Hey, check out my site. (It has interactive comics, stories and coding efforts.)

21. - Top - End - #321
    Ogre in the Playground

Hopefully I will soon be able to get back on the server. Just about a week more, now.
    Show

Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

22. - Top - End - #322

Very nice. I am basically waiting on Tale of Kingdoms to update to 1.0 (this weekend looks like), then my RPG LP can get upgraded. I will be without a few mods (airship, which I have not used, MAtmos, which is a shame but not critical, and LevelUp! which IS annoying, but I can live without).

Buildcraft AND Redpower have upgraded to 1.0, as has Millenaire, waiting on IC2 now and that LP can be upgraded as well.

Edit, check my channle in, say, the next hour for my new Adventure update. Feedback would be appreciated)
    Last edited by Iskandar; 2011-11-30 at 07:21 PM.

23. - Top - End - #323
    Ogre in the Playground

The current version of Millenaire is pretty awesome, no? The mud bricks are annoying, though...
    Show

Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

24. - Top - End - #324

And here we go, it is live

25. - Top - End - #325
    Ettin in the Playground

Jeez, talk about lots of jumping...

(That second sand misplacement would have screwed you over without being able to fly. Unfortunate.)
    Last edited by Domochevsky; 2011-12-01 at 09:22 AM.
    Mah Badges!
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #326
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah. That's why the single custom map I made allowed for the replacing of key items if you were to somehow and unfortunately die.

In other news, I took a short break from Minecraft for a bit to work on other things. I feel recharged now, I've done some more work for my LP, and Episode 10 should be coming within the next couple days. Recording footage is a bit of a pain in the arse for me, if I want the sound to work right.

I also have a couple of ideas that I think are cool and would like to try building on the server at some point. Not sure when I'll get to that.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

27. - Top - End - #327

And part two of the Forest of Silence is up.

Two mazes. And explosions. Lots of explosions.

Holy *bleep* Youtube has updated their look. Including the channel design. And it is fugly. Right, will stick with the old look as long as they will let me.
    Last edited by Iskandar; 2011-12-01 at 11:16 PM.

28. - Top - End - #328
    Ettin in the Playground

Speaking of things to hate... i really dislike the new "getting hurt" sounds. So i guess that's a good incentive to not get hurt?
    Mah Badges!
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #329

Part three is up, and we are at about the halfway point of this map.

Yeah, the new sounds for minecraft are a mixed bag. Some I like, quite a bit. Others, like the hurt sound I do not like at all.

30. - Top - End - #330

I wonder if there is a Mod that will allow you to change over some of the sounds.