New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 49 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Iskandar's Travels in Minecraft: The LP and the MP Server Thread MKII

With the new release of the map imminent, I would like to offer my most sincere apologies to the entire server population, and especially Domochevsky and Zain. When put into Creative Mode, I decided to test out nuclear weapons, with catastrophic results. If you look to the east of my Estate, you will see a massive hole in the ocean floor. This is a direct result of my rampant god complex and the adolescent temptation of blowing stuff up. I am completely responsible for any server backlash in the near future, and I am ready to accept the consequences, whatever they might be.
    Last edited by 3SecondCultist; 2011-11-05 at 07:14 PM.
    Spoiler: Stuff I'm Working On
    Show
    Small Justice

An ongoing web serial about politics, vengeance, and miniature lizards. Go check it out!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeno Desaqqara View Post
    You divine bastard.

"Life is to be lived, not controlled; and humanity is won by continuing to play in the face of certain defeat."

2. - Top - End - #182
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Iskandar's Travels in Minecraft: The LP and the MP Server Thread MKII

The map in question.
    Mah Badges!
    Spoiler
    Show

Hey, check out my site. (It has interactive comics, stories and coding efforts.)

3. - Top - End - #183
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by 3SecondCultist View Post
    With the new release of the map imminent, I would like to offer my most sincere apologies to the entire server population, and especially Domochevsky and Zain. When put into Creative Mode, I decided to test out nuclear weapons, with catastrophic results. If you look to the east of my Estate, you will see a massive hole in the ocean floor. This is a direct result of my rampant god complex and the adolescent temptation of blowing stuff up. I am completely responsible for any server backlash in the near future, and I am ready to accept the consequences, whatever they might be.
    Just checked the map... Damn...If anyone wants to build an underwater city, they have the perfect starting point right there. All they need to do is find some underwater source blocks to patch it up the rest of the way once they're done.

EDIT: Why oh why isn't there an ideabulb smilie?
    Last edited by Landis963; 2011-11-05 at 07:25 PM.

4. - Top - End - #184
    Bugbear in the Playground

3Sec: You, presumably, have been watching my Modded SP LP, aff? You saw me explode that nuke underground, right? It made a hole 35 across in STONE, what exactly did you think it would do to softer materials?

I try to be fairly laid back when it comes to server rules. Do your own thing, harm no one else, don't be a ****, basically covers it. And now we need a new rule. Yes, IC2/BC is VERY exciting and offer many wonderful ways to make gigantic damn holes in the map. However, please control yourself, okay? If you make a mess like 3Sec did, CLEAN IT UP. Or, if it is too big or too awkward to do so manually, feel free to ask Domo for a little help. He can use MCEdit in these situations to trim the chunk affected.

I'm not actually mad, 3Sec. I knew someone would eventually set off a nuke or two. But please, try not to make permanent scars in the land, pkay?
    My youtube channel, featuring LPs of Minecraft and various other indie games: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCa98B36NhE0lWNEn3lGc86Q

5. - Top - End - #185

BlackDragon

Is there a simple way to have a filler flatten an area, without filling the entire area below it up to the line first?
    Built a filler to try and make clearing finished quarries easier. Set it to flatten, and instead of removing all the blocks above, then placing blocks at the bottom it proceeds to try and fill the entire quarry area up with blocks.

Now thinking about it I could of had it set to clear, then set it to fill, with a 3D pattern for both. But hoping there is an easier way.
    I am:
    Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #186
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Iskandar View Post
    3Sec: You, presumably, have been watching my Modded SP LP, aff? You saw me explode that nuke underground, right? It made a hole 35 across in STONE, what exactly did you think it would do to softer materials?

I try to be fairly laid back when it comes to server rules. Do your own thing, harm no one else, don't be a ****, basically covers it. And now we need a new rule. Yes, IC2/BC is VERY exciting and offer many wonderful ways to make gigantic damn holes in the map. However, please control yourself, okay? If you make a mess like 3Sec did, CLEAN IT UP. Or, if it is too big or too awkward to do so manually, feel free to ask Domo for a little help. He can use MCEdit in these situations to trim the chunk affected.

I'm not actually mad, 3Sec. I knew someone would eventually set off a nuke or two. But please, try not to make permanent scars in the land, pkay?
    Actually, no. I haven't been actively watching your Let's Play.
    Show
    Small Justice

An ongoing web serial about politics, vengeance, and miniature lizards. Go check it out!

You divine bastard.

"Life is to be lived, not controlled; and humanity is won by continuing to play in the face of certain defeat."

7. - Top - End - #187

Quote Originally Posted by The Shadowmind View Post
    Is there a simple way to have a filler flatten an area, without filling the entire area below it up to the line first?
    Built a filler to try and make clearing finished quarries easier. Set it to flatten, and instead of removing all the blocks above, then placing blocks at the bottom it proceeds to try and fill the entire quarry area up with blocks.

Now thinking about it I could of had it set to clear, then set it to fill, with a 3D pattern for both. But hoping there is an easier way.
    A builder might help here. Alternatively, runecraft's bridge rune might help, too.
    My youtube channel, featuring LPs of Minecraft and various other indie games: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCa98B36NhE0lWNEn3lGc86Q

8. - Top - End - #188
    Ogre in the Playground

Hey Iska! You putting up a video anytime soon?
    Yeah, DreamingMage honestly thinks he is a god. Over the years, I've found it best just to go with it.
    Spoiler: Things I Once Was But No Longer Entirely Am
    Show

Previous Usernames: DreamingMage, Zeno Desaqqara
    Credit to araveugnitsuga.
    Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

9. - Top - End - #189
    Barbarian in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Interesting hole. How come the Yogscast didn't have a hole like that when Lewis said he had a melt down? Mod upgrade? did he not have a real melt down? Or did 3 sec not isolate/barricade his reactor or cool it?

10. - Top - End - #190

Well, that was a reactor meltdown, this is not. This was 10 nukes going off at once. Plus reactor meltdowns have changed a bit since.

11. - Top - End - #191
    Titan in the Playground

Assuming that hole hasn't been rollback'd or whatever by now, I have an idea for something to fix it. Or at least, something to put there. If you could put me in crative mode for a bit next time I'm on, I would enact said plan.
    I used to do LP's. Currently archived here:

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:
    The Great Divide Dark Heresy - Finished
    They All Uprose Dark Heresy - Finished
    Dead in the Water Dark Heresy - Finished
    House of Glass Dark Heresy - Deceased

We All Fall Down Dark Heresy - Finished

Sea of Stars Rogue Trader - Ongoing

12. - Top - End - #192
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Destro_Yersul View Post
    Assuming that hole hasn't been rollback'd or whatever by now, I have an idea for something to fix it. Or at least, something to put there. If you could put me in crative mode for a bit next time I'm on, I would enact said plan.
    Is it my underwater city idea? Or something equally grandiose and impressive?

13. - Top - End - #193
    Titan in the Playground

Hey! I made the hole, I think I should have at least some say in what happens to it. My idea is that someone cleans up the land edge a bit, builds a floating platform over the precipice (with two way link to the HoT) and calls it 'The Dangers of Creativity'.
    Last edited by 3SecondCultist; 2011-11-06 at 11:01 AM.
    Show
    Small Justice

You divine bastard.

14. - Top - End - #194
    Titan in the Playground

Well, my idea basically consisted of a really tall sandstone tower, sandstone floors at the bottom of the hole, some more sandstone because I like it, possibly some land removal so the hole is just water all around, cascading down into this huge empty space with a giant sandstone tower in it.

It is your giant hole in the ocean, so you should get some say, yeah. I just figured I could make it a bit more aesthetic.
    Last edited by Destro_Yersul; 2011-11-06 at 11:17 AM.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

15. - Top - End - #195
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Destro_Yersul View Post
    Well, my idea basically consisted of a really tall sandstone tower, sandstone floors at the bottom of the hole, some more sandstone because I like it, possibly some land removal so the hole is just water all around, cascading down into this huge empty space with a giant sandstone tower in it.

It is your giant hole in the ocean, so you should get some say, yeah. I just figured I could make it a bit more aesthetic.
    No, no. Sandstone would just look terrible with bedrock. But I agree, that the edges need to be cleaned up somewhat.
    Show
    Small Justice

You divine bastard.

16. - Top - End - #196
    Titan in the Playground

No, no. Sandstone would just look terrible with bedrock. But I agree, that the edges need to be cleaned up somewhat.
    Well, the sandstone would sort of be covering up the bedrock. Bedrock tends to be a bit of an eyesore.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

17. - Top - End - #197

Episode 25 now live

18. - Top - End - #198

When I saw the Video Description, "We had an "incident" with the IC2 mod." I thought someone had overloaded my reactor. I was very scared when the video started with Project Rainfall.

EDIT: Reactor Plan
    Last edited by Zain; 2011-11-06 at 01:02 PM.

19. - Top - End - #199
    Titan in the Playground

Regarding the hole:

Firstly, I have neither seen Iskandar's SSP LP, or worked personally with IC2 before it was implemented on the server. The original project I was trying to blow up was my own, and I thought that 10 nukes would be the most efficient way of going about it. Call it the scientific method, intellectual curiosity, or just ignorance, but the fact of the matter is that I made an honest mistake. By experimenting with unknown substances, I seem to have violated a rule in some unknown and unwritten book of rules.

Secondly, I will now exercise my artistic license to claim that it is my damn hole, and I will personally maintain it. It will eventually become a fully fledged project of mine, unless Domo decides to get rid of it. An underwater city is not out of the question, but I know that some border gentrification is on order (starting with that pesky floating island thing seen at 13:31 of the video), as well as a teleporter setup that will be made public.

I also find it extremely amusing that I did approximately two months of digging in less than a minute, by Iskandar's calculations.

EDIT: Two of the smaller quarries that you attributed to Xenowrath are mine. I am setting up my own industrial base out there as well.
    Last edited by 3SecondCultist; 2011-11-06 at 02:02 PM.
    Show
    Small Justice

You divine bastard.

20. - Top - End - #200
    Titan in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Thanks for showing off my bridge and stuff! Ironically, I used to have a much longer tunnel there which also fell to the cropping, and I built that bridge so I could get to my castle site while we were waiting for runecraft to update for 1.8.

If I get caught up with my schoolwork, I'll try to see about getting a second Minecraft going with all the mods so I can come back to the server. I'm still not sure how that's going to go. I probably won't get all industrial like everyone else has, but I'd still like to finish my projects.
    "Nothing you can't spell will ever work." - Will Rogers

Watch me draw and swear at video games.

21. - Top - End - #201
    Titan in the Playground

Regarding the hole:

Secondly, I will now exercise my artistic license to claim that it is my damn hole, and I will personally maintain it. It will eventually become a fully fledged project of mine, unless Domo decides to get rid of it. An underwater city is not out of the question, but I know that some border gentrification is on order (starting with that pesky floating island thing seen at 13:31 of the video), as well as a teleporter setup that will be made public.
    Fair enough. You made it, after all. I just had a proposal for something I thought would be cool, if nobody else had a better idea.

Anyways, I have come to a decision. Namely, I'm never going to be able to keep up with the industrial capacity of everyone else on the server. And so, I'm just going to build cool stuff. If anyone wants to commission cool stuff, I'm up for that, too.
    Last edited by Destro_Yersul; 2011-11-06 at 03:07 PM.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

22. - Top - End - #202

Do to the number of Mobs spawning on the roof of project Rainfall, Tesla Coil denfences may be added. You have been warned.

23. - Top - End - #203
    Ogre in the Playground

Tesla Coils? I forgot about those. I'll have to add a few to that thing in my basement...
    Yeah, DreamingMage honestly thinks he is a god. Over the years, I've found it best just to go with it.
    Show

Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

24. - Top - End - #204
    Pixie in the Playground

DruidGuy

I don't know if this has been posted somewhere, but how are we keeping track of teleport keys on the server to prevent overlaps?

25. - Top - End - #205
    Ogre in the Playground

The mod does not allow overlaps. Also, there is no record that I know of.
    Show

Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

26. - Top - End - #206

Trail guiding and error seems to be the only guiding system is warps, and that everyone remebers the hall one.

27. - Top - End - #207

An experiment.

Should I continue?

28. - Top - End - #208
    Titan in the Playground

An experiment.

Should I continue?
    Hells yeah. I'd gladly watch this. As for class, maybe go with Spelunker? Bit of a bonus to both mining and defense, there. I'm not sure how Tale of Kingdoms plays out lategame. If you don't expect to be doing any mining, go with Zealot.

In other news, I may have figured out a way to do spontaneous LP commentary on my own LP. Given that this is the main obstacle in recording more of it, this will help greatly. Even if it requires a little bit of extra work on my part, it doesn't require as much extra time as the way I have been doing it. Also, you still get Robo-Destro, so no fear there, Zain.
    Last edited by Destro_Yersul; 2011-11-07 at 06:04 PM.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

29. - Top - End - #209
    Ogre in the Playground

I am now announcing the beginning of Operation 'Winter-Is-Coming'. Pics soon.
    Show

Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

30. - Top - End - #210
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DreamingMage View Post
    I am now announcing the beginning of Operation 'Winter-Is-Coming'. Pics soon.
    Dude, really? If you're going to call your operation 'Winter-Is-Coming', then you have to finish at least Game of Thrones, if not the other four books in the series so far.
    Last edited by 3SecondCultist; 2011-11-07 at 07:29 PM.
    Show
    Small Justice

You divine bastard.