New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 49 123456789101126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Iskandar's Travels in Minecraft: The LP and the MP Server Thread MKII

Ok, time for a new post. A little early yet, but there is a lot of info to cover, so here we go:

A regular member of my multiplayer server, Destro Yersul, also has a SSP LP:
    http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...eature=mh_lolz

For those who wish to join the mutliplayer server, we are whitelisted. PM Domochevsky your Minecraft user name, he will pm you the server IP.

We have a mumble voice chat server here, Domochevsky is on there a lot, as am I, though not as often as I should be. Feel free to stop by and chat at any time, or if you need help with something don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks to Domochevsky for server hosting, and hosting the installer for me, and thanks to all the wonderful players on the MP server.
    Last edited by Iskandar; 2012-03-29 at 01:02 AM.
    My youtube channel, featuring LPs of Minecraft and various other indie games: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCa98B36NhE0lWNEn3lGc86Q

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Iskandar's Travels in Minecraft: The LP and the MP Server Thread MKII

Hooray, new thread!

I amend my previous statement (in thread I). Thanks for linking the tutorial, Iska. I should be on by tomorrow.
    Last edited by 3SecondCultist; 2011-10-25 at 05:44 AM.
    Spoiler: Stuff I'm Working On
    Show
    Small Justice

An ongoing web serial about politics, vengeance, and miniature lizards. Go check it out!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeno Desaqqara View Post
    You divine bastard.

"Life is to be lived, not controlled; and humanity is won by continuing to play in the face of certain defeat."

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Iskandar's Travels in Minecraft: The LP and the MP Server Thread MKII

Is there a guide to Industrialcraft 2 or Buildcraft? The only one I found for Buildcraft is a video that shows what's new to an update, in a thick accent. I can't find anything at all for IC2 beyond that the original Industrialcraft is no longer active.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

What about texture packs? I use Painterly. As far as I can tell it doesn't support the mods.
    "Nothing you can't spell will ever work." - Will Rogers

Watch me draw and swear at video games.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
    Is there a guide to Industrialcraft 2 or Buildcraft? The only one I found for Buildcraft is a video that shows what's new to an update, in a thick accent. I can't find anything at all for IC2 beyond that the original Industrialcraft is no longer active.
    http://wiki.industrial-craft.net/ind...itle=Main_Page

This'll be for IC2. Should tell you pretty much everything you could ever need to know. Buildcraft is a bit trickier. Their wiki is old and out-of-date. That video you found, however, I suspect it's one of SpaceToad's. He's the one who actually made the darn thing, so if you watch enough of his videos that should give you a good idea. The basic stuff is pretty simple anyways. Make engine, make pipes, automate everything
    I used to do LP's. Currently archived here:

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:
    The Great Divide Dark Heresy - Finished
    They All Uprose Dark Heresy - Finished
    Dead in the Water Dark Heresy - Finished
    House of Glass Dark Heresy - Deceased

We All Fall Down Dark Heresy - Finished

Sea of Stars Rogue Trader - Ongoing

6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Destro_Yersul View Post
    http://wiki.industrial-craft.net/ind...itle=Main_Page

This'll be for IC2. Should tell you pretty much everything you could ever need to know. Buildcraft is a bit trickier. Their wiki is old and out-of-date. That video you found, however, I suspect it's one of SpaceToad's. He's the one who actually made the darn thing, so if you watch enough of his videos that should give you a good idea. The basic stuff is pretty simple anyways. Make engine, make pipes, automate everything
    The problem with the videos is that neither I nor the auto-captions can understand his accent easily. And the videos only mention the latest update, so a lot of it assumes that you already know how it all works (which I don't)

EDIT: Thanks for the IC link though.
    Last edited by Qwertystop; 2011-10-25 at 08:36 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

7. - Top - End - #7
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
    The problem with the videos is that neither I nor the auto-captions can understand his accent easily. And the videos only mention the latest update, so a lot of it assumes that you already know how it all works (which I don't)

EDIT: Thanks for the IC link though.
    http://minecraftbuildcraft.wikia.com...uildcraft_Wiki

Here's the buildcraft one as well. It looks like someone updated it recently, but I make no guarantees about the accuracy of any of the information therein. It'll at least get you the recipes for things, though.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

8. - Top - End - #8

BlackDragon

Darn server ate my Quarry, those things are freaking expensive in material costs.

The reason I know it was server causes is there was no explosion damage from a engine blowing, and several nearby blocks that I had dug out where back in place.
    I am:
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

Hey Domo! map of new crop plz?
    Quote Originally Posted by 3SecondCultist View Post
    Yeah, DreamingMage honestly thinks he is a god. Over the years, I've found it best just to go with it.
    Spoiler: Things I Once Was But No Longer Entirely Am
    Show

Previous Usernames: DreamingMage, Zeno Desaqqara
    Credit to araveugnitsuga.
    Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Titan in the Playground

The server saves the map automatically, I think. It was doing it when we were on.

On another note, my Minecraft is crashing hardcore. It might be graphics, but I am not very sure.
    Show
    Small Justice

An ongoing web serial about politics, vengeance, and miniature lizards. Go check it out!

You divine bastard.

"Life is to be lived, not controlled; and humanity is won by continuing to play in the face of certain defeat."

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KillianHawkeye View Post
    What about texture packs? I use Painterly. As far as I can tell it doesn't support the mods.
    I got painterly as well. Looks like there is no interference and you just see the default mod textures.

(Not sure what's up with the quarry vanishing though.)

New map, too. It looks a bit jumbled currently, but there's now plenty of space to find new ores and veines (Can't do veines for the new ores, however). >_>

Edit: Cultist, try installing it without Optifine, if you got that going. It seems to be somewhat error prone.
    Last edited by Domochevsky; 2011-10-25 at 01:19 PM.
    Mah Badges!
    Spoiler
    Show

Hey, check out my site. (It has interactive comics, stories and coding efforts.)

12. - Top - End - #12
    Barbarian in the Playground

Attention Citizens of spawn town.

Using a cactus farm, two compressors, buildcraft piping and either solar or bio fuel generators* Zail corp plans to build a automated Bio-fuel system. As we will require aid in this endeavor, as copper and tin will be needed, but a green power system is paramount. Zail corp, builders of the rebirth rail line, will be heading up the project, and will provide fuel to the public free of charge.

Thank you,

Zain, Zail corp CEO.

13. - Top - End - #13

SP LP is updated to episode 13, here, as soon as it finishes processing. Recorded yesterday.

MP LP will be recorded tonight, now that I'm a bit more caught up.
    My youtube channel, featuring LPs of Minecraft and various other indie games: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCa98B36NhE0lWNEn3lGc86Q

14. - Top - End - #14

BlackDragon

Well it wasn't just a quarry, it was a quarry, a steam engine, a redstone engine, and a lever. So I'm thinking the chunk that is was in didn't get saved right so it restored it to an earlier save.
    I am:
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #15

Shadowmind: Grab either me or Domo in mumble or in game, and we'll reimburse you for the materials lost. The vanishing chunk thing happens, Farhome got hit that way once, so I know how it goes.

In other news, quarries are EXPENSIVE to operate. Holy COW. Currently running mine is costing me about 1 charcoal per 8 - 10 blocks dug up. Since my quarry is 40x40x60 deep.... the math is painful, 10,000 or so charcoal it looks like.

Yeesh. Luckily i found some oil, so we shall see if that helps any.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Titan in the Playground

I'll just leave this here: Episode 5

Also, I believe you can operate quarries with redstone engines. It makes them a lot slower, but it should be possible. I think you can operate most anything with enough redstone engines. I have two of them powering a mining well, and that works fine, albeit slowly. If you aren't in a hurry...

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

17. - Top - End - #17
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zain View Post
    Attention Citizens of spawn town.

Using a cactus farm, two compressors, buildcraft piping and either solar or bio fuel generators* Zail corp plans to build a automated Bio-fuel system. As we will require aid in this endeavor, as copper and tin will be needed, but a green power system is paramount. Zail corp, builders of the rebirth rail line, will be heading up the project, and will provide fuel to the public free of charge.

Thank you,

Zain, Zail corp CEO.
    That's not very original, by the way. I mean, YersulCorp is so much more prominent, and I think that I can speak for everyone when I say that we here on the server need only one megacorporation present.

Thank you, very much, from the dedicated staff here at Cult Industries. We are sorry for any inconvenience we may have caused by this message.
    Show
    Small Justice

You divine bastard.

18. - Top - End - #18

NinjaGuy

I saw a video (probably Yogscast) where the user of a Quarry had the quarry machine on a sort of pier, and it dug into the water. Was a good way to preserve the landscape.

19. - Top - End - #19

BlackDragon

I know of the yogcast technic pack video, one show quarries on a pier set up.

It also helps avoiding the falling in a hole problem, and the lava problem.
    I am:
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #20

NinjaGuy

Wouldn't the lava "problem" be just easy access for more lava fuel?

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ogre in the Playground

No new multiplayer video, Iskandar?
    Yeah, DreamingMage honestly thinks he is a god. Over the years, I've found it best just to go with it.
    Show

Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DreamingMage View Post
    No new multiplayer video, Iskandar?
    Yeah...

(also, DreamingMage, go check Six from Shadow OOC. I think you'll like what you find.)
    Show
    Small Justice

You divine bastard.

23. - Top - End - #23

Server updated to BC 2.2.4 to fix a nasty crash error, and we added the bucket filler add on from my SP series. Go to the first post for links.

My installer has been updated to reflect the changes, I also removed Optifine for the moment, it was causing crash errors.

If you've already installed Optifine, it may be a good idea to start over. If not, re-running the new installer will update your mods for you, just ignore the warning about needing a fresh install.

Edit: New video coming later, I've got a few things to do as I try to dekink Optifine.

Odd that it screws up multiplayer, my SP world relies on it, and no problems....
    Last edited by Iskandar; 2011-10-26 at 12:26 PM.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground

It's probably just configured for your computer. Anyways, what new mods do we have to add? I add mine by hand, so if you could link me to the downloads, that would be great. (I want to keep optifine, you see. I changed the settings so it works for me.)
    Last edited by Sen isSaqqara; 2011-10-26 at 01:50 PM.
    Show

Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

25. - Top - End - #25

The first post has the links.

26. - Top - End - #26

Uh, Domo, what mods are on the server? I just had a tool auto-repair and eat up an iron ingot at the same time. Cool, but some warning would be nice....

And is logblock completely down?

Everyone else: new MP episode soon. NOW

Or at least, as soon as it gets done processing.
    Last edited by Iskandar; 2011-10-27 at 02:36 AM.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Titan in the Playground

Hmm. I may not be able to get onto the server at all now. It seems to want to crash my client after a minute or so every time I log in.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

28. - Top - End - #28
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Destro_Yersul View Post
    Hmm. I may not be able to get onto the server at all now. It seems to want to crash my client after a minute or so every time I log in.
    Ditto.
    Show
    Small Justice

You divine bastard.

29. - Top - End - #29

If you have optifine installed, remove it. Also, make sure BC is up to date, we moved to BC 2.2.4.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Titan in the Playground

No optifine, buildcraft is 2.2.4. I deleted pretty much everything in the Minecraft folder and redownloaded the jar and whatnot, then ran the latest version of your custom installer. Dunno why it's doing this now. I had no problems with the older version.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games: