New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 49 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212237 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Iskandar's Travels in Minecraft: The LP and the MP Server Thread MKII

Well, that.... almost worked. Tried updating my RPG to Minecraft 1.0. Everything installed ok, game runs, my world survived intact.

Lost LevelUp, and the airship mod (no biggie), as well as MAtmos.

Everything is almost good... except I have game crippling lag now. Going to try again, pulling Optifine and shifting things about. If all goes well, we might have a new RPG LP episode tonight or tomorrow.
    My youtube channel, featuring LPs of Minecraft and various other indie games: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCa98B36NhE0lWNEn3lGc86Q

2. - Top - End - #332
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Iskandar's Travels in Minecraft: The LP and the MP Server Thread MKII

Speaking of things that almost worked, I almost managed to get over my crippling inability to keep to a schedule. I have raw footage recorded for another episode of my LP, but I have to go to sleep now, and may not have time to edit or upload it until tomorrow. Fortunately I have fixed one of the large problems I had recording audio, so that'll make things easier.

If I wake up early enough tonight, I may be able to set it to upload before I go off to work. Hopefully, anyways. This should be an interesting episode.
    I used to do LP's. Currently archived here:

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:
    The Great Divide Dark Heresy - Finished
    They All Uprose Dark Heresy - Finished
    Dead in the Water Dark Heresy - Finished
    House of Glass Dark Heresy - Deceased

We All Fall Down Dark Heresy - Finished

Sea of Stars Rogue Trader - Ongoing

3. - Top - End - #333
    Ogre in the Playground

The zeppelin mod is actually updated. If you go to it's forum page under outdated mods, it is updated for 1.0.0. The wiki just doesn't have it under updated yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3SecondCultist View Post
    Yeah, DreamingMage honestly thinks he is a god. Over the years, I've found it best just to go with it.
    Spoiler: Things I Once Was But No Longer Entirely Am
    Show

Previous Usernames: DreamingMage, Zeno Desaqqara
    Credit to araveugnitsuga.
    Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

4. - Top - End - #334

Aye, but there is a difference between the airship mod and the zeppelin mod.

http://www.steam-craft.com/airship is what my RPG mod was using.

My IC LP is still waiting in IC and redpower. And then a bit of prayer that updating Millenaire doesn't corrupt the world too badly.
    My youtube channel, featuring LPs of Minecraft and various other indie games: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCa98B36NhE0lWNEn3lGc86Q

5. - Top - End - #335
    Ogre in the Playground

Ah. Too bad, the zeppelin one is better.
    Yeah, DreamingMage honestly thinks he is a god. Over the years, I've found it best just to go with it.
    Show

Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

6. - Top - End - #336
    Pixie in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Quote Originally Posted by Domochevsky View Post

(Meanwhile, kittendude, did you appear on mumble yet?)
    Hey yea I figured out how to get on mumble.
    It took me a while to install IC2, with my copy of vanilla.

7. - Top - End - #337

Oh damn it all.

RPG LP is updated to Minecraft 1.0. Sort of. I've got crippling, crippling lag in my LP world. However, new worlds are fine. Mostly fine. I'm still only getting half the FPS I used to, but it is still a very playable 50 or so FPS, versus the 5 or so my established world is getting.

A reinstall didn't help, Optifine made things worse, I'm now going into MCEdit and see if I've got like a bazillion cows standing around somewhere or a corrupted chunk or something.

I am NOT a happy camper atm.

Edit : @###$%#W%@$%@#$@@$

Ok, found the problem. I am now REALLY not happy.

1.0 Minecraft added a whole bunch of new vanilla blocks. Which mean new BlockIDs, BlockIDs, coincidentally, that were being used by some mods. Like the Fossil mod that I am using. In 1.8.1, the Fossil mod was using BlockID 111 for the fossil blocks you'd mine. That BlockID is now being used by lily pads. So every last fossil block in my old world just magically turned into lily pads, and since they weren't in water, dropped to the ground as items.

This would only be a minor inconvenience, except that there are roughly 50 bazillion of them. Guess what happens when you have a metric ton of items lying around on the ground? Yeah. Crippling lag.

There is good news, and bad news. The good news is that if I wait around for 5 or so minutes the lily pads will despawn, and the lag will clear up. The bad news is this cycle will repeat for every explored chunk on my new map (new chunks won't have the problem, as the updated Fossil mod moved that BlockID) The worse news is that this effectively cripples the Fossil mod, as all the fossils I could mine in the explored section of the world... are now gone.

I could revert to 1.8.1, but this just delays the problem, not fix it. In fact, I CAN'T fix this problem.

Well, maybe I can't. I'm going to try something, see if it works. If it does, I can carry my progress into a new map, if not....
    Last edited by Iskandar; 2011-12-03 at 12:53 PM.

8. - Top - End - #338
    Titan in the Playground

That sucks pretty hard. One of the problems with Minecraft's block ID system, I suppose. Also serves to illustrate why I'm not updating my LP's Minecraft Version.

Episode 10, by the way, will be live here once it has finished uploading and processing, which will probably take an hour or so. Let me know if there are any problems with it. I'm going to sleep.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

9. - Top - End - #339
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Um, Destro? Is that character development I see from your protagonist?

Wait a minute... That vision of the Dome... When did it last occur?

10. - Top - End - #340
    Titan in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

I really hope those nightvision goggles work better on your screen than they do in youtube. I can barely see anything when you turn them on!
    "Nothing you can't spell will ever work." - Will Rogers

Watch me draw and swear at video games.

11. - Top - End - #341
    Barbarian in the Playground

*sniff sniff* I smell a plot brewing...

12. - Top - End - #342

And the new for 1.0 Minecraft RPG Episode is up!

13. - Top - End - #343
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Zain View Post
    *sniff sniff* I smell a plot brewing...
    I'm wondering where that vision of Iskandar's dome first appeared. It wasn't just after he got the Philosopher's stone. Was it when he got the Mobius fuel or the alchemical coal? Because both of those would constitute sufficient increases in magic to justify the weird stuff like the Ziggurat 'porting in and the random unicorn, not to mention, of course, the visions themselves.

14. - Top - End - #344
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KillianHawkeye View Post
    I really hope those nightvision goggles work better on your screen than they do in youtube. I can barely see anything when you turn them on!
    They do. They actually make nighttime fairly visible for me, as opposed to the Charlie Foxtrot of Darkness that occurs without any such enhancements. Youtube just has a tendency to reduce gamma on videos, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Landis963 View Post
    I'm wondering where that vision of Iskandar's dome first appeared. It wasn't just after he got the Philosopher's stone. Was it when he got the Mobius fuel or the alchemical coal? Because both of those would constitute sufficient increases in magic to justify the weird stuff like the Ziggurat 'porting in and the random unicorn, not to mention, of course, the visions themselves.
    It was in episode 5, around 4 minutes 50 seconds in. Make of this what you will.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

15. - Top - End - #345
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Destro_Yersul View Post
    It was in episode 5, around 4 minutes 50 seconds in. Make of this what you will.
    Right after you made the shotgun and the shells. Completely mundane, without anything to do with magic other than perhaps the creation of the materials. durn. There goes that theory. Although I did notice the destruction catalyst hanging around your inventory - perhaps psychic bleed from that, similar to the evertide amulet more obviously triggering the dream?

On a side note, how separated are you from your LP character? Is he a self-insert plus alchemical powers or is he an OC?

16. - Top - End - #346

And part 4 of my run through the Forest of Silence

Warning, as time goes on, my language starts to degrade a bit.

17. - Top - End - #347
    Titan in the Playground

Just started watching Destro's RPG LP.

Fascinating. Your character seems to forget himself at times, especially in the workshop. You might need to brush up a bit on the character development, emphasis on character. I have yet to see past Episode 8, though, so my opinion may change.

Sorry, that post sounded way less harsh in my head.
    Spoiler: Stuff I'm Working On
    Show
    Small Justice

An ongoing web serial about politics, vengeance, and miniature lizards. Go check it out!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeno Desaqqara View Post
    You divine bastard.

"Life is to be lived, not controlled; and humanity is won by continuing to play in the face of certain defeat."

18. - Top - End - #348
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Fascinating. Your character seems to forget himself at times, especially in the workshop. You might need to brush up a bit on the character development, emphasis on character. I have yet to see past Episode 8, though, so my opinion may change.

It's kind of weird. The character drops in- and out-of-universe when its necessary to the plot, talking about "all this stuff I've been doing" when unicorns and ziggurat dungeons randomly appear, but namedropping "IndustrialCraft" and "Equivalent Exchange" when not paying attention. It gets better as the LP goes on, but right now there's not much there in terms of personality (I mean as a well-formed character and narrator in their own right). That's the main reason I asked whether it was a self-insert or an original character (OC for short), although reason number 2 was "I don't know whether I should refer to him as 'him' or 'you'".

19. - Top - End - #349

Part 5 is now up

I find the map wasn't quite ready for Minecraft 1.0

20. - Top - End - #350
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Landis963 View Post
    Right after you made the shotgun and the shells. Completely mundane, without anything to do with magic other than perhaps the creation of the materials. durn. There goes that theory. Although I did notice the destruction catalyst hanging around your inventory - perhaps psychic bleed from that, similar to the evertide amulet more obviously triggering the dream?

On a side note, how separated are you from your LP character? Is he a self-insert plus alchemical powers or is he an OC?
    I made the destruction catalyst right at the end of episode 4, and it's occupied one of my inventory slots since then. Which reminds me. Need to check on something else with Equivalent Exchange.

Character Guy is an interesting sort of case. He's not meant to be a direct self insert, more of an extension of an old character I made for another medium once. He's a lot more violent than I am, for one thing, and he likes to keep things a lot more ordered than I do.

Yeah, I've only just started doing these videos. This is the first thing of this sort I've ever made an attempt at, so there are learning curves up the wazoo. The most notable being the glaring audio issues plaguing the early episodes. Hopefully it's getting better. I'm making an effort to not mention mod names and OOC stuff so much.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

21. - Top - End - #351

ElfPirate

Yeah, I've only just started doing these videos. This is the first thing of this sort I've ever made an attempt at, so there are learning curves up the wazoo. The most notable being the glaring audio issues plaguing the early episodes. Hopefully it's getting better. I'm making an effort to not mention mod names and OOC stuff so much.
    The problem I see with your RPG LP is the fact that your character isn't bouncing off of any other characters (like the YogsCast and possibly others out there).

Edit: Fixed Spelling mistakes and stuff...
    Last edited by SilverSheriff; 2011-12-05 at 06:43 AM.

22. - Top - End - #352
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Black_Pants_Guy View Post
    The problem I see with your RPG LP is the fact that your character isn't bouncing off of any other characters (like the YogsCast and possibly others out there).

Edit: Fixed Spelling mistakes and stuff...
    Yeah, I don't have a server. Or, since I tend to record around 6AM, anyone who would be awake to record with...

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

23. - Top - End - #353
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

I made the destruction catalyst right at the end of episode 4, and it's occupied one of my inventory slots since then. Which reminds me. Need to check on something else with Equivalent Exchange.
    hmmmm... Character guy made the catalyst at the end of ep. 4, and it took a whole other episode for the vision to show up. Could my crazy "psychic bleed" theory actually be right? There is a connection between Character Guy's artifact creation and the magic coming back, right?

Character Guy is an interesting sort of case. He's not meant to be a direct self insert, more of an extension of an old character I made for another medium once. He's a lot more violent than I am, for one thing, and he likes to keep things a lot more ordered than I do.
    So yeah, an OC. Good, I was wondering if I should refer to him as "him" or "you" when conversing with you, Destro. Do you think he'll get a name anytime soon, if ever?

24. - Top - End - #354
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, I don't have a server. Or, since I tend to record around 6AM, anyone who would be awake to record with...
    Yeah, 6AM is usually far too early for little things like being awake for most.
    Show
    Small Justice

An ongoing web serial about politics, vengeance, and miniature lizards. Go check it out!

You divine bastard.

"Life is to be lived, not controlled; and humanity is won by continuing to play in the face of certain defeat."

25. - Top - End - #355
    Ogre in the Playground

Hmn. I was thinking of getting to sleep earlier to get up earlier to game, so that might actually be practical...
    Show

Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

26. - Top - End - #356
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DreamingMage View Post
    Hmn. I was thinking of getting to sleep earlier to get up earlier to game, so that might actually be practical...
    Hah, you would record episodes at 6AM? Fascinating, but ultimately impractical. You would need absolute control of your internal body clock, which I know you don't have.
    Last edited by 3SecondCultist; 2011-12-05 at 11:38 AM.
    Show
    Small Justice

You divine bastard.

27. - Top - End - #357
    Ogre in the Playground

BSery. I got up at 4:30 every day last year for rowing, did I not?
    Show

Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

28. - Top - End - #358
    Barbarian in the Playground

Keep in mind, that is 6AM PST, also, destro, I might be able to be awake if it's not a weekday, although we'd need to set-up a sever and such, and I'd have to downgrade to 1.7.8(?)

29. - Top - End - #359
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DreamingMage View Post
    BSery. I got up at 4:30 every day last year for rowing, did I not?
    I suppose this is true. The real question, however, is this: do your really think that you can record a LP of any respectable quality at 6AM, or whatever other godforsaken hour you have chosen? If you really believe that you can, then congratulations, and I wish you luck.

I will be waiting in the comments section.
    Show
    Small Justice

You divine bastard.

30. - Top - End - #360
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zain View Post
    Keep in mind, that is 6AM PST, also, destro, I might be able to be awake if it's not a weekday, although we'd need to set-up a sever and such, and I'd have to downgrade to 1.7.8(?)
    1.7.3. Although, I'm not sure it would be possible even with a server. I don't think Equivalent Exchange supports SMP yet. However, I might have an idea to incorporate multiple people... I'll think on it.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games: