New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 14 of 49 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232439 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #391
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Iskandar's Travels in Minecraft: The LP and the MP Server Thread MKII

Quote Originally Posted by DreamingMage View Post
    It'll be fine. I'm just want fast, reliable renewable iron.

Anyways, fixed the refinery and the workshop. I think I accidentally blew the LV converters just before I left. Its all fixed now.

Anything for the subproject (I'm calling it Sub-Project POWAH) can go in the back-right quarter of the resource stacks in the settlement. I'm going to work on expanding the stacks soon.
    I'll get started on mining redstone and such.

2. - Top - End - #392
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Iskandar's Travels in Minecraft: The LP and the MP Server Thread MKII

To Soulshred, and anyone else moronic enough to take an arrow to the knee:

DON'T!!!

(Or I will hunt you down, and literally stab you through the knee with one of my arrows.)
    Spoiler: Stuff I'm Working On
    Show
    Small Justice

An ongoing web serial about politics, vengeance, and miniature lizards. Go check it out!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeno Desaqqara View Post
    You divine bastard.

"Life is to be lived, not controlled; and humanity is won by continuing to play in the face of certain defeat."

3. - Top - End - #393
    Ogre in the Playground

Just spent several hours mining redstone?
    Quote Originally Posted by 3SecondCultist View Post
    Yeah, DreamingMage honestly thinks he is a god. Over the years, I've found it best just to go with it.
    Spoiler: Things I Once Was But No Longer Entirely Am
    Show

Previous Usernames: DreamingMage, Zeno Desaqqara
    Credit to araveugnitsuga.
    Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

4. - Top - End - #394
    Bugbear in the Playground

BlackDragon

I'll think about helping with the project if it is still going on by Monday.
    Birthday was today, the 21st.
    I am:
    Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #395
    Ogre in the Playground

The 21st? Isn't it the 10th? Ah well, never mind. Happy Birthday anyways!

In other news, I started the foundations of Sub-Project POWAH and they are quite epic in and of themselves. Iska, if you need stuff for your next video, check it out. You get a pretty good view looking south from the Flying Gardens.
    Yeah, DreamingMage honestly thinks he is a god. Over the years, I've found it best just to go with it.
    Show

Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

6. - Top - End - #396

BlackDragon

It was today Dec 10. But it was the 21st birthday. I probably should of been clearer.
    I am:
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #397
    Titan in the Playground

Happy birthday, Shadowmind!!!

Also, if you want to help with our sub-project, then you would probably be best off making solar panels. That's what I'm doing. If we need 4000 total, then I might need a bit of help acquiring these infernal devices.
    Last edited by 3SecondCultist; 2011-12-10 at 11:45 PM.
    Show
    Small Justice

An ongoing web serial about politics, vengeance, and miniature lizards. Go check it out!

You divine bastard.

"Life is to be lived, not controlled; and humanity is won by continuing to play in the face of certain defeat."

8. - Top - End - #398
    Ogre in the Playground

4096, I believe. I'll get working on more too as soon as I can.
    Show

Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

9. - Top - End - #399

Good luck. That is a big list.

I shall be returning to my LPs tomorrow. After the big circus of renovations that my house became last week, I topped it off by getting the flu yesterday. I am better today, but still not well.

Congrats and happy birthday Shadow, btw.
    My youtube channel, featuring LPs of Minecraft and various other indie games: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCa98B36NhE0lWNEn3lGc86Q

10. - Top - End - #400
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Iskandar View Post
    Good luck. That is a big list.

I shall be returning to my LPs tomorrow. After the big circus of renovations that my house became last week, I topped it off by getting the flu yesterday. I am better today, but still not well.

Congrats and happy birthday Shadow, btw.
    Hooray! The return of the LP! I assume that you will be looking at a number of things on the server. Here's a list of new stuff, off the top of my head:

- Mario's House/Wind Farm/Quarry
    - Sub Project POWAH Site
    - Western Settlement + Quarries etc.
    - Sagitus/Detrepid's tower thing.

I'll go ahead and re-post the server map, in case you missed it, and need to look up anything. I don't think the tower actually has a teleport from the hall, but going south from their cabin will get you there. I probably missed things too, so if anyone has a project they want Iskandar to showcase in the next episode, let him know!
    Last edited by 3SecondCultist; 2011-12-11 at 06:03 PM.
    Show
    Small Justice

You divine bastard.

11. - Top - End - #401
    Ogre in the Playground

If you do do Sub-Project POWAH, remember that what you see is just the bare foundations. The main part is yet to be built. It's still pretty epic.
    Show

Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

12. - Top - End - #402

I also have a new project, but it sadly does not have a warp or name, and is probably not quite ready to be shown off just yet.

13. - Top - End - #403

Ooh, hey, Twilight Forest has boss fights. Guess what I caught on video? Weeee!

New episode coming soon!

Edit: Also, and I HATE doing it, but I'm going to start monetizing my videos. I won't make much, I'm sure but I'm ANYTHING right now would help. I am out something on the order of $16 thousand dollars in the past week doing renovations to my home, with the possibility of more to come. I am not broke, but I am definitely feeling the sting.

Yeah, everyone on my Christmas list this year? Getting socks. And not even the good wool ones, the cheap white tube socks.

Yeesh,

Edit to edit: New video will be here in about 20 minutes.
    Last edited by Iskandar; 2011-12-13 at 12:46 AM.
    My youtube channel, featuring LPs of Minecraft and various other indie games: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCa98B36NhE0lWNEn3lGc86Q

14. - Top - End - #404

NinjaGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Iskandar View Post
    Yeah, everyone on my Christmas list this year? Getting socks. And not even the good wool ones, the cheap white tube socks.
    What's wrong with tube socks? I love tube socks.

15. - Top - End - #405
    Titan in the Playground

I like black tube socks more than white ones, but I need to wear black shoes to work.

Episode 11 of my minecraft LP can now be found here. I think it's a bit rushed compared to the other ones, but it's an episode, and it covers some new stuff, at least.
    I used to do LP's. Currently archived here:

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:
    The Great Divide Dark Heresy - Finished
    They All Uprose Dark Heresy - Finished
    Dead in the Water Dark Heresy - Finished
    House of Glass Dark Heresy - Deceased

We All Fall Down Dark Heresy - Finished

Sea of Stars Rogue Trader - Ongoing

16. - Top - End - #406
    Ettin in the Playground

Just now noticed this thread and the smp server here(not really sure how I missed them before), it sounds interesting and I may join, but a want to ask a question first; will I still be able to log onto servers without IC2 and buildcraft on them after loading them?

edit; and aye, I did read the part about Pm'ing one of the admins, but I thought I should ask this first
    Last edited by Togath; 2011-12-13 at 04:36 PM.
    Meow(Steam page)
    [I]"If you are far from this regions, there is a case what the game playing can not be comfortable.["/I]

17. - Top - End - #407
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Togath View Post
    Just now noticed this thread and the smp server here(not really sure how I missed them before), it sounds interesting and I may join, but a want to ask a question first; will I still be able to log onto servers without IC2 and buildcraft on them after loading them?
    Unfortunately not. You will always need to have IC2 and Buildcraft on when you join the server. My recommendation? After you have the mods fully installed, make a back-up mods folder and a back up bin that you can switch out whenever you want, just by changing the names.
    Show
    Small Justice

You divine bastard.

18. - Top - End - #408
    Ettin in the Playground

You will always need to have IC2 and Buildcraft on when you join the server
    actually I meant, will I still be able to log onto a server that doesn't support them(the other server I use only has runecraft currently), I'm fine with having them active at all times for this server

edit; or did you mean that I will need to have seperate installs of both one modded with this server's mods, and an unmodded one in order to acess both servers?
    Last edited by Togath; 2011-12-13 at 04:54 PM.
    Meow(Steam page)
    [I]"If you are far from this regions, there is a case what the game playing can not be comfortable.["/I]

19. - Top - End - #409
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Togath View Post
    actually I meant, will I still be able to log onto a server that doesn't support them(the other server I use only has runecraft currently), I'm fine with having them active at all times for this server
    Oh, I think so.

I have spent time on this server with SDK's gun mod on, and nothing drastic happened. There is always the possibility of block ID conflicts, but aside from that, nothing too game breaking.
    Show
    Small Justice

You divine bastard.

20. - Top - End - #410
    Ettin in the Playground

okneeded ten letters
    Last edited by Togath; 2011-12-13 at 04:55 PM.
    Meow(Steam page)

21. - Top - End - #411
    Ogre in the Playground

Yeah, it works. Just don't try to build things from a mod not in use on a server.
    Show

Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

22. - Top - End - #412
    Ettin in the Playground

ok, I've built a little hut/mine, but I cant remember the signature for the spawn waypoint, could someone post it so I can get back if I need to?(and aye, I have set up a waypoint to by mine/hut, so once I can get back to spawn I can make it a two-way teleporter
    Meow(Steam page)

23. - Top - End - #413
    Ogre in the Playground

I've been finding that adding new TPs linking to the hall's waypoint doesn't work recently. If you need to get back to the hall, feel free to use

[]D[]
    T[]T
    []T[]

Where D is Dirt and T is Torch.
    Last edited by Sen isSaqqara; 2011-12-13 at 10:57 PM.
    Show

Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

24. - Top - End - #414
    Ettin in the Playground

ty, that secondary waypoint allowed me to get back to spawn after having gotten lost in some mountains near a desert(which i think had several oil pools in it, from what I saw on my minimap).

also; which should I aim for first, a mining well(not really sure which engine I would want to attach to it, whichever is easiest to make probably), or something such as a recycler or macerator(again, not sure what to aim for first as a power source for one of those)

edit; was just looking through the wiki for industrial craft and found out about construction foam, I'll probably go with trying to get a macerator first then
    Last edited by Togath; 2011-12-14 at 03:28 AM.
    Meow(Steam page)

25. - Top - End - #415
    Pixie in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Quarrys take so freakishly long to just get set up.

26. - Top - End - #416
    Ettin in the Playground

Better than mining things out manually though.
    Mah Badges!
    Spoiler
    Show

Hey, check out my site. (It has interactive comics, stories and coding efforts.)

27. - Top - End - #417

Indeed, and if you think that's bad, try making UU-matter

28. - Top - End - #418
    Ogre in the Playground

Hmn. We'll see how hard that is when we have the kind of power I'm going for with Sub-Project POWAH.
    Show

Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

29. - Top - End - #419
    Ettin in the Playground

Incidentally, how far are you with that? (Monitoring CPU consumption here.)
    Mah Badges!
    Spoiler
    Show

Hey, check out my site. (It has interactive comics, stories and coding efforts.)

30. - Top - End - #420
    Ogre in the Playground

Just finishing up the foundations. Next are the fiber cables, then the batbox/mfe/msfu grid, then the actual solar panels. After that I can hook up some form of mass-fab factory.
    Show

Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.