New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 15 of 49 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223242540 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #421
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Iskandar's Travels in Minecraft: The LP and the MP Server Thread MKII

does anyone happen to know if there's a depth at which tin is fairly common?, the wiki said a depth of 0-40 above the void, but i was wondering if it was like redstone and iron, both of which have depths at which they are almost as common as coal(a depth of 29-31 for iron, if I remember correctly, and 10-12 for redstone)

edit nevermind, just found a fairly large number of veins, it looks like the best depth for finding tin is about 33-35

edit 2; any idea why when i place the recipe for solar panels I found on the wiki nothing happens?, I'm using 3 coal dust, 3 glass a generator and 2 electronic circuits, edit; aha, had to use copper cable instead of circuits
    Last edited by Togath; 2011-12-14 at 04:22 PM.
    Meow(Steam page)
    [I]"If you are far from this regions, there is a case what the game playing can not be comfortable.["/I]

2. - Top - End - #422
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Iskandar's Travels in Minecraft: The LP and the MP Server Thread MKII

Quote Originally Posted by Togath View Post
    does anyone happen to know if there's a depth at which tin is fairly common?, the wiki said a depth of 0-40 above the void, but i was wondering if it was like redstone and iron, both of which have depths at which they are almost as common as coal(a depth of 29-31 for iron, if I remember correctly, and 10-12 for redstone)

edit nevermind, just found a fairly large number of veins, it looks like the best depth for finding tin is about 33-35

edit 2; any idea why when i place the recipe for solar panels I found on the wiki nothing happens?, I'm using 3 coal dust, 3 glass a generator and 2 electronic circuits, edit; aha, had to use copper cable instead of circuits
    I had this problem as well. The version on the server is not fully up to date.
    Spoiler: Stuff I'm Working On
    Show
    Small Justice

An ongoing web serial about politics, vengeance, and miniature lizards. Go check it out!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeno Desaqqara View Post
    You divine bastard.

"Life is to be lived, not controlled; and humanity is won by continuing to play in the face of certain defeat."

3. - Top - End - #423
    Ettin in the Playground

still at least for now it makes them slightly easier to make, as copper cable is used often when wiring things together I usually have extra lying around

edit; also could we set up some sort of command to teleport back to spawn or area we have selected as a home(like how many servers have the /home[which takes to back to, usually, your house], or the /spawn command[which takes to back to spawn]), I realise it's a bit odd for me to be asking after having only rcently joined the server, but I've gotten stuck in the wilderness three times in that period, twice after getting lost, and the most recent time after having been teleported into a frozen lake due to the bug where the server sometimes teleports you to the highest solid object above you when restarting
    Last edited by Togath; 2011-12-15 at 04:49 AM.
    Meow(Steam page)
    [I]"If you are far from this regions, there is a case what the game playing can not be comfortable.["/I]

4. - Top - End - #424
    Titan in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Runecraft has a one shot teleport rune that can take you to any established waypoint. But you need redstone.
    "Nothing you can't spell will ever work." - Will Rogers

Watch me draw and swear at video games.

5. - Top - End - #425
    Bugbear in the Playground

Finally getting this finished. Forest of Silence 6
    My youtube channel, featuring LPs of Minecraft and various other indie games: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCa98B36NhE0lWNEn3lGc86Q

6. - Top - End - #426
    Pixie in the Playground

DruidGuy

After blowing up 3 quarries and their connected chests of harvested ores I've finally smartened up and run conductive pipe from the combustion engine to the quarry. Now if the engine explodes it doesn't take the quarry with it. Not sure why my engines are exploding in the first place though. They always have the load of the quarry to push against, and I have a pump constantly supplying them with water. I still think I prefer the cavern mining technique. Great fun exploring and a diamond tip drill makes mining really fast. I think I finally have enough reinforced glass to finish the sphere I've been building, so I should be able to devote some resources to solar panels for project POWAH now. Do you still need bat boxes, MFU's, and cable as well?

7. - Top - End - #427
    Titan in the Playground

MFEs as well, probably going for about 8 MSFUs, 80 MFEs, and about 800 Batboxes.
    Show
    Small Justice

An ongoing web serial about politics, vengeance, and miniature lizards. Go check it out!

You divine bastard.

"Life is to be lived, not controlled; and humanity is won by continuing to play in the face of certain defeat."

8. - Top - End - #428
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by 3SecondCultist View Post
    MFEs as well, probably going for about 8 MSFUs, 80 MFEs, and about 800 Batboxes.
    Yes, this. Also, we can always use more diamond fiber cable. If anyone has a processor going to create industrial diamonds, that would help.
    Yeah, DreamingMage honestly thinks he is a god. Over the years, I've found it best just to go with it.
    Spoiler: Things I Once Was But No Longer Entirely Am
    Show

Previous Usernames: DreamingMage, Zeno Desaqqara
    Credit to araveugnitsuga.
    Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

9. - Top - End - #429
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DreamingMage View Post
    Yes, this. Also, we can always use more diamond fiber cable. If anyone has a processor going to create industrial diamonds, that would help.
    How much would you like? I have quite a few diamonds I can donate to the cause.
    Show
    Small Justice

You divine bastard.

10. - Top - End - #430
    Ogre in the Playground

It's really the cable I need. About 6-7000.
    Yeah, DreamingMage honestly thinks he is a god. Over the years, I've found it best just to go with it.
    Show

Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

11. - Top - End - #431
    Ettin in the Playground

I've actually started to build a prosscesser to make industrial diamonds, though it still requires coal and flint to be put in at the first part of it, and brick into the last part so it isn't automatic yet

edit; just had an interesting idea for a project I'm thinking of trying; a mobgrinder that uses some industrialcraft and buildcraft components, such as industrialcraft lights that can be turned on or off inside, in order to disable spawning while maintenance is being done to it, and pipes to move items from a collection point to a chest or chests, what would be a good diameter for the outer walls of this?, I had been thinking of building it partly on the surface, so clearing the area will be somewhat easier than doing so underground
    Last edited by Togath; 2011-12-17 at 12:16 AM.
    Meow(Steam page)

12. - Top - End - #432
    Pixie in the Playground

DruidGuy

The nether globe is now complete and cultivated. Path is now constructed to get from nether gate to globe safely, so it should be ready to show in the next LP.
    Last edited by Sagitus; 2011-12-17 at 01:58 AM.

13. - Top - End - #433
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sagitus View Post
    The nether globe is now complete and cultivated. Path is now constructed to get from nether gate to globe safely, so it should be ready to show in the next LP.
    neat I may take a look next time I'm on.
    Meow(Steam page)

14. - Top - End - #434
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Iskandar View Post
    Finally getting this finished. Forest of Silence 6
    8:40 - Yeah... just f*ck it. Watching that particular room annoyed me already. Playing is even worse. What were they thinking.

That room as a whole was somewhat of a disappointment, unfortunately. Maybe your next map should be more of the mystery type.

(Man, this "getting hurt" clicking sound is getting more grating every time i hear it. )
    Mah Badges!
    Spoiler
    Show

Hey, check out my site. (It has interactive comics, stories and coding efforts.)

15. - Top - End - #435
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Domochevsky View Post
    8:40 - Yeah... just f*ck it. Watching that particular room annoyed me already. Playing is even worse. What were they thinking.

That room as a whole was somewhat of a disappointment, unfortunately. Maybe your next map should be more of the mystery type.

(Man, this "getting hurt" clicking sound is getting more grating every time i hear it. )
    Indeed, I think a audio mod restoring the old sound is an order

16. - Top - End - #436
    Ogre in the Playground

Hey Iska, any idea when your next SMP video will be? There's plenty of stuff to see. Here's a brief list of what I can think of off the top of my head (tell me if I'm missing anything):

-Sub-Project POWAH
    -Zain's Castle-Fortress-Thing
    -The Nether Biosphere
    -etc.
    Show

Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

17. - Top - End - #437
    Titan in the Playground

Hooray! The return of the LP! I assume that you will be looking at a number of things on the server. Here's a list of new stuff, off the top of my head:

- Mario's House/Wind Farm/Quarry
    - Sub Project POWAH Site
    - Western Settlement + Quarries etc.
    - Sagitus/Detrepid's tower thing.

I'll go ahead and re-post the server map, in case you missed it, and need to look up anything. I don't think the tower actually has a teleport from the hall, but going south from their cabin will get you there. I probably missed things too, so if anyone has a project they want Iskandar to showcase in the next episode, let him know!
    Hey Iska, any idea when your next SMP video will be? There's plenty of stuff to see. Here's a brief list of what I can think of off the top of my head (tell me if I'm missing anything):

-Sub-Project POWAH
    -Zain's Castle-Fortress-Thing
    -The Nether Biosphere
    -etc.
    You know, I thought your post sounded familiar!

(even if there are more projects to look at now)
    Last edited by 3SecondCultist; 2011-12-17 at 10:58 PM.
    Show
    Small Justice

You divine bastard.

18. - Top - End - #438
    Ogre in the Playground

Whoops, sorry about that. It was so long ago that I forgot about it.
    Show

Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

19. - Top - End - #439
    Titan in the Playground

Whoops, sorry about that. It was so long ago that I forgot about it.
    Oh, don't be sorry! If you didn't actually forget, than you're blatantly just re-posting what I wrote earlier. If you did forget, then I get to point out that our speech patterns are extremely similar.

Either way, I am very amused, so there's nothing to be sorry about.
    Last edited by 3SecondCultist; 2011-12-17 at 11:10 PM.
    Show
    Small Justice

You divine bastard.

20. - Top - End - #440
    Ettin in the Playground

A quick question about the luminator; does the version of IC that the server is currently on have them?, or is the recipe simply slightly different than the most recent version?
    Meow(Steam page)

21. - Top - End - #441
    Titan in the Playground

depends what version of IC2 we're running. If it's earlier than 1.337, then I suspect the answer is No.
    I used to do LP's. Currently archived here:

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:
    The Great Divide Dark Heresy - Finished
    They All Uprose Dark Heresy - Finished
    Dead in the Water Dark Heresy - Finished
    House of Glass Dark Heresy - Deceased

We All Fall Down Dark Heresy - Finished

Sea of Stars Rogue Trader - Ongoing

22. - Top - End - #442
    Bugbear in the Playground

The answer is no. There will be a SMP video soonish. I'm still somewhat backlogged and busy elsewhere. Luckily, my house renovation is just about done.

Mot because I ran out of stuff that needs done, mind, but I pretty much ran out of money. Yeesh.

Expect a RPG episode soonish and a SMP video after that.
    My youtube channel, featuring LPs of Minecraft and various other indie games: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCa98B36NhE0lWNEn3lGc86Q

23. - Top - End - #443
    Titan in the Playground

So today, I had a peculiar idea while talking to other people on the server. An odd idea. A mad idea. One which I simply had to visualise. MCEdit made it happen.

I give you, the Nether Reloaded.

Spoiler
    Show

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

24. - Top - End - #444
    Ogre in the Playground

Sorry, what exactly is that? It looks epic, but I'm afraid I have no idea what it is.
    Show

Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

25. - Top - End - #445
    Titan in the Playground

it is what happens when you use MCEdit to replace all solid blocks in the nether (except glowstone) with glass. Also, I'm using the Painterly Pack, which is why glass looks different.
    Last edited by Destro_Yersul; 2011-12-18 at 02:45 PM.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

26. - Top - End - #446
    Barbarian in the Playground

Fun fact: My factory can generate about 25 UU-matter in an hour, or about 10 Iron ore, or about 40 Copper/Tin. Fun

Also, took the sever down by shift-clicking an engine. Silly me
    Last edited by Zain; 2011-12-18 at 05:47 PM.

27. - Top - End - #447
    Ogre in the Playground

OK, if that's the effects of one MassFab and we're planning to run *quick mental calculation* 8-10 MassFabs, we're looking at 80-100 ore/hour, or around 10 blocks/hour. We could also use it to make the materials for more quarries and processors, which would further augment our iron income.
    Show

Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

28. - Top - End - #448
    Pixie in the Playground

DruidGuy

The glass nether looks very neat. Would not make a good secret volcano layer though. Besides the Ghasts it would be hard to hide a secret layer in a world made of glass (maybe under the lava?)

29. - Top - End - #449
    Ettin in the Playground

Speaking of building things... it looks like bukkit, Industrial-/Buildcraft and probably a good deal more mods are ready for 1.0.

...should we make it happen?
    Mah Badges!
    Spoiler
    Show

Hey, check out my site. (It has interactive comics, stories and coding efforts.)

30. - Top - End - #450
    Ogre in the Playground

May as well. I was unaware that IC2 was updated. May as well keep a complete system backup in case it all goes to hell.
    Show

Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.