New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 17 of 49 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122232425262742 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #481
    Titan in the Playground

smile Re: Iskandar's Travels in Minecraft: The LP and the MP Server Thread MKII

Alright! The first five layers of the Sub-Project are finished. By my calculations (essentially, double checking what has already been established), we are sitting at 1180 solar panels. That's 1180 EU per tick in total, so about 590 for each Mass Fabricator.

DreamingMage, if you want to get started on the wiring for the next layers, that would be great. I've got the Western Settlement producing glass, and turning the Fabricators here towards making more of it as well.
    Last edited by 3SecondCultist; 2011-12-22 at 11:03 AM.
    Spoiler: Stuff I'm Working On
    Show
    Small Justice

An ongoing web serial about politics, vengeance, and miniature lizards. Go check it out!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeno Desaqqara View Post
    You divine bastard.

"Life is to be lived, not controlled; and humanity is won by continuing to play in the face of certain defeat."

2. - Top - End - #482
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Iskandar's Travels in Minecraft: The LP and the MP Server Thread MKII

Sure. Soon as I get out of bed, anyways.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3SecondCultist View Post
    Yeah, DreamingMage honestly thinks he is a god. Over the years, I've found it best just to go with it.
    Spoiler: Things I Once Was But No Longer Entirely Am
    Show

Previous Usernames: DreamingMage, Zeno Desaqqara
    Credit to araveugnitsuga.
    Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

3. - Top - End - #483
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Iskandar's Travels in Minecraft: The LP and the MP Server Thread MKII

Hello All! I'd like to join the server.

My minecraft name is druid91.

...this feels wierd, but I can't think of anything else to say.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by AvatarZero View Post
    I like the "hobo" in there.
    "Hey, you just got 10000gp! You going to buy a fully staffed mansion or something?"
    "Nah, I'll upgrade my +2 sword to a +3 sword and sleep in my cloak."

Non est salvatori salvator, neque defensori dominus, nec pater nec mater, nihil supernum.

Torumekian knight Avatar by Licoot.

Note to self: Never get involved in an ethics thread again...Especially if I'm defending the empire.

4. - Top - End - #484
    Ogre in the Playground

Some pics from Sub-Project POWAH, taken yesterday. We've added a few more layers since.

Spoiler
    Show
    Yeah, DreamingMage honestly thinks he is a god. Over the years, I've found it best just to go with it.
    Show

Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

5. - Top - End - #485
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Whoa, you guys weren't kidding when you said you needed a lot of solar panels/cable. I'm assuming that pyramid will go all the way to the top?

6. - Top - End - #486
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by druid91 View Post
    Hello All! I'd like to join the server.

My minecraft name is druid91.

...this feels wierd, but I can't think of anything else to say.
    Unless you are still lrunning 1.8.1 Minecraft.... you'll need to wait for a few days. We are updating to the release version of Minecraft, but it is taking a bit longer than expected as we wait for mods to update to something stable.
    My youtube channel, featuring LPs of Minecraft and various other indie games: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCa98B36NhE0lWNEn3lGc86Q

7. - Top - End - #487
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Landis963 View Post
    Whoa, you guys weren't kidding when you said you needed a lot of solar panels/cable. I'm assuming that pyramid will go all the way to the top?
    Yes. Turns out I messed up and it's only 64x63, though (so 4032 in all).
    Show

Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

8. - Top - End - #488
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Iskandar View Post
    Unless you are still lrunning 1.8.1 Minecraft.... you'll need to wait for a few days. We are updating to the release version of Minecraft, but it is taking a bit longer than expected as we wait for mods to update to something stable.
    there are actually some ways to downgrade from 1.0 to 1.8.1, so he may be able to join before the update.

also; hey druid, if you end up needing food while you start up on the server(once you join, either by downgrading, or waiting until the server updates) I have a melon farm in a cave near spawn on this server(and others can use it if they need extra melon, just dont forget to re-hoe the area beneath the melons after you pick them)
    Meow(Steam page)
    [I]"If you are far from this regions, there is a case what the game playing can not be comfortable.["/I]

9. - Top - End - #489

Trying to get my industrial LP going again. Minor delay while I hunt down and shoot a random crash error.

I think it is Optifine related. which is annoying.
    My youtube channel, featuring LPs of Minecraft and various other indie games: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCa98B36NhE0lWNEn3lGc86Q

10. - Top - End - #490
    Titan in the Playground

Trying to get my industrial LP going again. Minor delay while I hunt down and shoot a random crash error.
    You really should record another multiplayer LP. The server is always evolving (even if it happens to be in ways certain admins do not care for. )
    Last edited by 3SecondCultist; 2011-12-23 at 11:31 AM.
    Show
    Small Justice

An ongoing web serial about politics, vengeance, and miniature lizards. Go check it out!

You divine bastard.

"Life is to be lived, not controlled; and humanity is won by continuing to play in the face of certain defeat."

11. - Top - End - #491
    Pixie in the Playground

NinjaGuy

The server is always evolving (even if it happens to be in ways certain admins do not care for. )
    Yes. Agreed. *cough*domo*cough**cough*

12. - Top - End - #492
    Ettin in the Playground

I can't help but notice that my post here vanished...

What Cultist so playfully mocks here is the fact that the current amassment of solar panels on the server force the CPU into perma-red status whenever anyone is near one of the two projects. Cultist/Xeno's setup has the added fun factor to take minutes to load and transmit the chunks, due to all the sh*t going on in it. (1k+ Solar panels + giant quarry.)

So let's hope that updating to 1.0 will alleviate this issue, otherwise we will have to do something about that manually.
    Mah Badges!
    Spoiler
    Show

Hey, check out my site. (It has interactive comics, stories and coding efforts.)

13. - Top - End - #493
    Ettin in the Playground

Yep, kept a copy around. The main server in the other thread runs that as well.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by AvatarZero View Post
    I like the "hobo" in there.
    "Hey, you just got 10000gp! You going to buy a fully staffed mansion or something?"
    "Nah, I'll upgrade my +2 sword to a +3 sword and sleep in my cloak."

Non est salvatori salvator, neque defensori dominus, nec pater nec mater, nihil supernum.

Torumekian knight Avatar by Licoot.

Note to self: Never get involved in an ethics thread again...Especially if I'm defending the empire.

14. - Top - End - #494
    Ettin in the Playground

After accidentally installing the mods for the server I tried using the installer in the first post again, I tried both saving the file to a folders in my documents and in my minecraft mod folder, but when I tried double clicking the "installer.jar" file a error message came up saying that that file was missing, any idea what I am doing wrong?, or is it just under maintenance atm for something?
    Meow(Steam page)
    [I]"If you are far from this regions, there is a case what the game playing can not be comfortable.["/I]

15. - Top - End - #495
    Pixie in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Merry Christmas!

16. - Top - End - #496
    Ettin in the Playground

Exclamation Re: Iskandar's Travels in Minecraft: The LP and the MP Server Thread MKII

so, anyone have any idea how to have functioning hd texture packs and IC & buildcraft installed at the same time?

edit; I've fixed my minecraft clent crashing, but i still have to choose between the two, though I can log in again now.
    also; does anyone mind me making an item shop on the server?
    Last edited by Togath; 2011-12-27 at 03:12 AM.
    Meow(Steam page)

17. - Top - End - #497

Ok: Here we go, a brand new episode of my industrial LP, updated to 1.0

18. - Top - End - #498
    Titan in the Playground

Sooo... multiplayer LP to come?
    Show
    Small Justice

You divine bastard.

19. - Top - End - #499
    Ettin in the Playground

Mhm, looks like the next sufficient update port for Buildcraft is now out as well, so it looks like by/before next year we can update the server.
    Mah Badges!
    Spoiler
    Show

Hey, check out my site. (It has interactive comics, stories and coding efforts.)

20. - Top - End - #500
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Yeah, those female kimono colors need tweaking.

21. - Top - End - #501
    Pixie in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Odd,anyone else getting a: failed to connect to server
    connection refused:connect ?

22. - Top - End - #502
    Ettin in the Playground

The update to 1.0 has completed. We are now running 2.2.10 BC and 1.43 IC2.

Edit: Looks like the update got botched. Or rather: It is incompatible with our current world. Upon connecting one gets automatically disonnected.

Spoiler
    Show
    2011-12-30 21:42:50 [SEVERE] java.lang.NullPointerException
    2011-12-30 21:42:50 [SEVERE] at buildcraft.transport.BlockGenericPipe.createPipe(B lockGenericPipe.java:321)
    2011-12-30 21:42:50 [SEVERE] at buildcraft.transport.TileGenericPipe.a(TileGeneric Pipe.java:50)
    2011-12-30 21:42:50 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.TileEntity.c(TileEntity.java: 100)
    2011-12-30 21:42:50 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.ChunkLoader.a(SourceFile:203)
    2011-12-30 21:42:50 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.ChunkRegionLoader.a(SourceFil e:66)
    2011-12-30 21:42:50 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.ChunkProviderServer.loadChunk (ChunkProviderServer.java:124)
    2011-12-30 21:42:50 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.ChunkProviderServer.getChunkA t(ChunkProviderServer.java:67)
    2011-12-30 21:42:50 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.PlayerInstance.<init>(PlayerI nstance.java:31)
    2011-12-30 21:42:50 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.PlayerManager.a(PlayerManager .java:45)
    2011-12-30 21:42:50 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.PlayerManager.addPlayer(Playe rManager.java:84)
    2011-12-30 21:42:50 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.ServerConfigurationManager.c( ServerConfigurationManager.java:139)
    2011-12-30 21:42:50 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.NetLoginHandler.b(NetLoginHan dler.java:113)
    2011-12-30 21:42:50 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.NetLoginHandler.a(NetLoginHan dler.java:39)
    2011-12-30 21:42:50 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceF ile:94)
    2011-12-30 21:42:50 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.w(MinecraftSe rver.java:533)
    2011-12-30 21:42:50 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(Minecraft Server.java:431)
    2011-12-30 21:42:50 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(S ourceFile:457)
    2011-12-30 21:42:50 [SEVERE] java.lang.NullPointerException
    2011-12-30 21:42:50 [SEVERE] at buildcraft.transport.BlockGenericPipe.createPipe(B lockGenericPipe.java:321)
    2011-12-30 21:42:50 [SEVERE] at buildcraft.transport.TileGenericPipe.a(TileGeneric Pipe.java:50)
    2011-12-30 21:42:50 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.TileEntity.c(TileEntity.java: 100)
    2011-12-30 21:42:50 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.ChunkLoader.a(SourceFile:203)
    2011-12-30 21:42:50 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.ChunkRegionLoader.a(SourceFil e:66)
    2011-12-30 21:42:50 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.ChunkProviderServer.loadChunk (ChunkProviderServer.java:124)
    2011-12-30 21:42:50 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.ChunkProviderServer.getChunkA t(ChunkProviderServer.java:67)
    2011-12-30 21:42:50 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.PlayerInstance.<init>(PlayerI nstance.java:31)
    2011-12-30 21:42:50 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.PlayerManager.a(PlayerManager .java:45)
    2011-12-30 21:42:50 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.PlayerManager.addPlayer(Playe rManager.java:84)
    2011-12-30 21:42:50 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.ServerConfigurationManager.c( ServerConfigurationManager.java:139)
    2011-12-30 21:42:50 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.NetLoginHandler.b(NetLoginHan dler.java:113)
    2011-12-30 21:42:50 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.NetLoginHandler.a(NetLoginHan dler.java:39)
    2011-12-30 21:42:50 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceF ile:94)
    2011-12-30 21:42:50 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.w(MinecraftSe rver.java:533)
    2011-12-30 21:42:50 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(Minecraft Server.java:431)
    2011-12-30 21:42:50 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(S ourceFile:457)

This seems to be pipe related. I generated a new world test-wise, and that one works (with only minor errors behind the scene, also related to pipes, but no other visible effects).

So... what do we do? Everything else works fine. (including Runecraft.)

Edit2: Everything except Buildcraft works fine. I removed BC for now, which has the effect that all pipes and BC related stuff will vanish upon entering the chunks, in the hope that i can re-add the new BC version afterwards for it to work.
    Last edited by Domochevsky; 2011-12-30 at 04:33 PM.
    Mah Badges!
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #503
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Domochevsky View Post
    Edit2: Everything except Buildcraft works fine. I removed BC for now, which has the effect that all pipes and BC related stuff will vanish upon entering the chunks, in the hope that i can re-add the new BC version afterwards for it to work.
    Wait, you loaded the server without BC?!?!?!

There is no recovery for that. I should know. I accidentally opened a modded world (should have had Millenaire on, plus minimap) without the mods once, and none of the mod sprites showed up. The next time I loaded it up (with the mod this time), EVERYTHING went to hell. I had to delete the world in the end.
    Last edited by 3SecondCultist; 2011-12-30 at 04:51 PM.
    Show
    Small Justice

You divine bastard.

24. - Top - End - #504

BlackDragon

Is the 2.2.11 Build-craft not compatible with the other mods?

Best bet is hope there is a working backup of the pre-updated server and work from there.
    I am:
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #505

Was afraid of this. Yeah, clean out the old buildcraft stuff if you can. At this point, though it might be time for a new map. With the biome changes, and everything else, it just might be the best thing.

26. - Top - End - #506
    Ettin in the Playground

any chance of having my main hut/house and my recycling hut cut and pasted to the new map if we make one?, Both contain some buildcraft stuff, but I'm fine with having those parts removed(the part of my main house I wanted was my generator(along with the stuff connected to it), my bed there(as I haven't found enough sheep to make a second one), chests, and forges., and, while the recycling hut has some buildcraft, the hut itself, along with the constuction foam platform(which has a solar powered recycler on it) is made using normal items combined with IC items(excluding the pipe system above the platform, which is the buildcraft part I talked about)
    Meow(Steam page)

27. - Top - End - #507
    Pixie in the Playground

DruidGuy

I would for sure miss stuff in this map, but a new one would make things cleaner for sure, and a better chance for a end portal to be somewhat close to the spawn. If possible it would be nice to get one last lets play as a final walkthrough of this map. There are some pretty epic projects here that should be recorded.

28. - Top - End - #508
    Titan in the Playground

furious Re: Iskandar's Travels in Minecraft: The LP and the MP Server Thread MKII

Was afraid of this. Yeah, clean out the old buildcraft stuff if you can. At this point, though it might be time for a new map. With the biome changes, and everything else, it just might be the best thing.
    I'm sorry... what?

You want to just throw away everything that we, as a server, have accomplished? How long did it take us to carve out the Dome? Hm? If you tell me that I devoted close to a year of playing Minecraft, gathering resources and building for nothing, then I am tendering my metaphorical resignation. I'm done.
    Last edited by 3SecondCultist; 2011-12-30 at 11:43 PM.
    Show
    Small Justice

You divine bastard.

29. - Top - End - #509
    Ettin in the Playground

also why do we even need to update already?, if the mods aren't updated there's little reason to.
    Meow(Steam page)

30. - Top - End - #510

I'm sorry... what?

You want to just throw away everything that we, as a server, have accomplished? How long did it take us to carve out the Dome? Hm? If you tell me that I devoted close to a year of playing Minecraft, gathering resources and building for nothing, then I am tendering my metaphorical resignation. I'm done.
    Yeah, I know. The problem is, we may not be able to upgrade without a new map.

We have gone through a lot to keep this map. The problem is moving forward. Can we access the End on this map? How about the new mushroom biome? The new Nether strongholds? Plus, all our old biomes are fairly screwed over by the terrain changes. The chunk transitions are fugly.

I'm all for cutting out pieces of the old stuff, make a "Greatest Hits" section on a new map, but I think overall it is time to start over.