New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 49 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Iskandar's Travels in Minecraft: The LP and the MP Server Thread MKII

Huh. I had your problem as well, and my only fix was to remove Optifine, and things are fine now.

Will check.

edit: try nuking the buildcraft, mods, and config directories under your minecraft installation.
    Last edited by Iskandar; 2011-10-27 at 11:00 AM.
    My youtube channel, featuring LPs of Minecraft and various other indie games: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCa98B36NhE0lWNEn3lGc86Q

2. - Top - End - #32
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Iskandar's Travels in Minecraft: The LP and the MP Server Thread MKII

Wonder if it would work better if I added Optifine back in. It worked with it for me earlier. Wouldn't that be funny?
    Last edited by Destro_Yersul; 2011-10-27 at 10:56 AM.
    I used to do LP's. Currently archived here:

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:
    The Great Divide Dark Heresy - Finished
    They All Uprose Dark Heresy - Finished
    Dead in the Water Dark Heresy - Finished
    House of Glass Dark Heresy - Deceased

We All Fall Down Dark Heresy - Finished

Sea of Stars Rogue Trader - Ongoing

3. - Top - End - #33

Join mumble, I'll try to help
    My youtube channel, featuring LPs of Minecraft and various other indie games: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCa98B36NhE0lWNEn3lGc86Q

4. - Top - End - #34

BlackDragon

Aww my new house didn't get shown in the video. It was up but you never went to the teleporter with the Copper blocks.
    I am:
    Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ettin in the Playground

Hm, this is definitely a problem... something about new terrain being generated apparently crashes random clients. Somehow. With no error messages. :/

I'm wondering though: Did you overwrite the previous version or did you start over with a clean jar? If the former, try the latter.
    Applying the ModloaderMP fix might also do something for you there.

Mods currently in use:
    Spoiler
    Show
    - AutoRepair (Does just that, as long as you have sufficient materials. Gold tools in addition to that can also be repaired with a bunch of gravel, making both useful again.)

- ChopTree (Timber, yo.)

- EndermanPickup (Prevents them from doing that.)

- MineralVein (Bunches ores further together, making them harder to find but richer once you do. Different experience, that. Does not affect the ICē ores.)

- LogBlock (I just readded it, without Spout dependencies. So far nothing seems to have broken.)

- Runecraft (Runecraft, yo.)

- MobChange (Lets us change what comes out of a mobspawner. Why do we have this? Because mumblemumble.)
    Mah Badges!
    Spoiler
    Show

Hey, check out my site. (It has interactive comics, stories and coding efforts.)

6. - Top - End - #36

For those if you with crashing problems with my installer, please try going into a singleplayer world and see if the crashing is also occurring there. If it is, it is my problem, if it isn't, it is a problem with a server that Domo and I will have to track down.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Iskandar View Post
    For those if you with crashing problems with my installer, please try going into a singleplayer world and see if the crashing is also occurring there. If it is, it is my problem, if it isn't, it is a problem with a server that Domo and I will have to track down.
    I have been playing in Singleplayer, trying to figure out how IndustrialCraft and BuildCraft works. This is a problem with the server, I think.
    Spoiler: Stuff I'm Working On
    Show
    Small Justice

An ongoing web serial about politics, vengeance, and miniature lizards. Go check it out!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeno Desaqqara View Post
    You divine bastard.

"Life is to be lived, not controlled; and humanity is won by continuing to play in the face of certain defeat."

8. - Top - End - #38

Good then. In theory my installer should not be causing problems, and if it is, I can't fix it. In theory, it only does automatically what is usually be done by hand, IE dumping stuff in the minecraft jar and mods folder, and that is it.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Ettin in the Playground

It doesn't add the ModloaderMP fix (linked further up), though, which might help here. Did anyone try it out?
    Mah Badges!
    Spoiler
    Show

Hey, check out my site. (It has interactive comics, stories and coding efforts.)

10. - Top - End - #40
    Ogre in the Playground

It seems to be working for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3SecondCultist View Post
    Yeah, DreamingMage honestly thinks he is a god. Over the years, I've found it best just to go with it.
    Spoiler: Things I Once Was But No Longer Entirely Am
    Show

Previous Usernames: DreamingMage, Zeno Desaqqara
    Credit to araveugnitsuga.
    Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

11. - Top - End - #41

And now, a special edition of my SP LP, a collection of mods I rejected for one reason or another, but are too cool not to share:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9fxqRhTMQA

12. - Top - End - #42
    Barbarian in the Playground

NinjaGuy

That punchy mod is way too loud...
    Tale of a Kingdom looked cool though, in theory.

13. - Top - End - #43

Yeah, Tale of Kingdoms came VERY close to being a focus of my SP LP. In the end, I decided that I REALLY didn't want to turn Minecraft into a RTS, nor did I want to focus on fighting quite that much.

Having said that, I'd watch the hell out of a LP of that mod.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Domochevsky View Post
    Hm, this is definitely a problem... something about new terrain being generated apparently crashes random clients. Somehow. With no error messages. :/

I'm wondering though: Did you overwrite the previous version or did you start over with a clean jar? If the former, try the latter.
    Applying the ModloaderMP fix might also do something for you there.
    I deleted the entire bin folder and let Minecraft redownload everything. That's the cleanest JAR I could get. I've tried the modloader MP fix, and it's still doing it. So, yeah.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

15. - Top - End - #45
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Destro_Yersul View Post
    I deleted the entire bin folder and let Minecraft redownload everything. That's the cleanest JAR I could get. I've tried the modloader MP fix, and it's still doing it. So, yeah.
    I have the same problem as him.
    Show
    Small Justice

An ongoing web serial about politics, vengeance, and miniature lizards. Go check it out!

You divine bastard.

"Life is to be lived, not controlled; and humanity is won by continuing to play in the face of certain defeat."

16. - Top - End - #46

That is annoying. If it works in single player, but not in multi, there is something wrong with the server itself.

Might be a good idea to have Domo kill your profiles and have you start over at spawn, see if that helps.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Titan in the Playground

That is annoying. If it works in single player, but not in multi, there is something wrong with the server itself.

Might be a good idea to have Domo kill your profiles and have you start over at spawn, see if that helps.
    Won't I lose all the stuff that I'm carrying?
    Show
    Small Justice

You divine bastard.

18. - Top - End - #48

Yes, you would. I can, however, replace it easily enough.

Get on mumble, will you, and I'll try to work you through this.
    Last edited by Iskandar; 2011-10-28 at 10:01 AM.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Titan in the Playground

Yes, you would. I can, however, replace it easily enough.

Get on mumble, will you, and I'll try to work you through this.
    I am in class at the moment, so speaking to my computer while my teacher is lecturing might be considered suspicious, at best.
    Show
    Small Justice

You divine bastard.

20. - Top - End - #50

Ah, well. I'll be around for a bit. If you log in while I'm around, i'll pull youto spawn, which might fix your problem.

Otherwise, you'll need to write down anything important you are carrying, and I'll have Domo wipe your profile.

It worked for me.

Edit: Yeah, crashes. It seems to be that hanging on the edge of the world WILL crash the client as new terrain is generated. This should NOT be happening. You are fine as long as you are near terrrain that is already generated. Wandering into new territory, or if you are near where Domo cropped, bang, crash.
    Last edited by Iskandar; 2011-10-28 at 10:22 AM.

21. - Top - End - #51

Huh, okay, VERY weird. Went exploring a bit, everything is fine. Come over a mountain, into a valley, CTD. Log in, move a bit, CTD. Log in, don't move for a few minutes, keep exploring, no problems.

What?

22. - Top - End - #52
    Titan in the Playground

Ah, well. I'll be around for a bit. If you log in while I'm around, i'll pull youto spawn, which might fix your problem.

Otherwise, you'll need to write down anything important you are carrying, and I'll have Domo wipe your profile.

It worked for me.
    My computer is going to die, so I'll do this later.
    Show
    Small Justice

You divine bastard.

23. - Top - End - #53

ok, found the error.
    Domo, managed to trap and copy the error.

Warning: Texture /net/minecraft/src/buildcraft/pigalot/gui/block_textures.png no
    t preloaded, will cause render glitches!
    java.lang.NullPointerException
    at bv.a(WorldRenderer.java:143)
    at i.a(RenderGlobal.java:1144)
    at iw.a(EntityRenderer.java:780)
    at iw.b(EntityRenderer.java:657)
    at EntityRendererProxy.b(EntityRendererProxy.java:15)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(SourceFile:689)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
    Stopping!
    Last edited by Iskandar; 2011-10-28 at 12:09 PM.

24. - Top - End - #54

OK I found the crash, I fixed the crash.

Those who have used my installer (that would be you 3Sec) need to go to wherever they installed minecraft and wipe out the buildcraft folder.

It turns out that the bucketfiller mod conflicts with something in there, and by deleting it you force buildcraft to rebuild it, thus resolving the problem.
    Last edited by Iskandar; 2011-10-28 at 12:06 PM.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Titan in the Playground

Can confirm that works. Tried it myself, no longer getting crashes.

Also, will put up another episode of my LP tomorrow.
    Last edited by Destro_Yersul; 2011-10-28 at 12:14 PM.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

26. - Top - End - #56
    Ettin in the Playground

Good, good. Let's hope that lasts.

Meanwhile... suggestion: adding this mod to the server. Wireless redstone. It adds a new block that can be connected to each other like a radio for redstone wiring. What's your opinion on that? (Yes, it will require adding it to the client installer as well.)
    Mah Badges!
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #57

Colour me interested, but apprehensive about that one domo.
    Last edited by Zain; 2011-10-28 at 09:28 PM.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Domochevsky View Post
    Good, good. Let's hope that lasts.

Meanwhile... suggestion: adding this mod to the server. Wireless redstone. It adds a new block that can be connected to each other like a radio for redstone wiring. What's your opinion on that? (Yes, it will require adding it to the client installer as well.)
    I was interested in Industrial Craft at first, but I am getting quite disinterested now. Buildcraft seems buggy as hell, and I'm not having any fun experimenting in Singleplayer. Adding these to the server seems cool enough, but I can't keep up with the times, and I am only embarrassing myself trying. If even more layers of complexity are introduced, then I'm afraid I will no longer be able to join you in your new utopia.
    Last edited by 3SecondCultist; 2011-10-28 at 09:42 PM.
    Show
    Small Justice

You divine bastard.

29. - Top - End - #59

3Sec: Yeah, that was why I haven't really been pushing more mods to the server. I don't want to overly complicate things for those for whom the base game is good enough.

On a related tangent, has my suggested fix fixed your crashing issue? I hope so, my goal with the installer was to make things as painless as possible for those who wish to join me on my travels.

30. - Top - End - #60

I feel that we've reached a nice plateau when it comes to mods.