New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 21 of 49 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617181920212223242526272829303146 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #601
    Bugbear in the Playground

ElfPirate

Default Re: Iskandar's Travels in Minecraft: The LP and the MP Server Thread MKII

ArcanaMage and I have made a start on the Teleportation chambers.

2. - Top - End - #602
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Iskandar's Travels in Minecraft: The LP and the MP Server Thread MKII

Quote Originally Posted by Black_Pants_Guy View Post
    ArcanaMage and I have made a start on the Teleportation chambers.
    Use the one Cultist made somewhat south for that. That one's better laid out and easy to navigate. (We just need a central teleport pad that leads to the hall itself, so we can target that from spawn and basically everywhere else.)
    Mah Badges!
    Spoiler
    Show

Hey, check out my site. (It has interactive comics, stories and coding efforts.)

3. - Top - End - #603
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, I'll be back online later today to finish setting up teleport/rail hub.
    Spoiler: Stuff I'm Working On
    Show
    Small Justice

An ongoing web serial about politics, vengeance, and miniature lizards. Go check it out!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeno Desaqqara View Post
    You divine bastard.

"Life is to be lived, not controlled; and humanity is won by continuing to play in the face of certain defeat."

4. - Top - End - #604
    Pixie in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Any idea when the chest room is going to come in domo?

5. - Top - End - #605
    Ogre in the Playground

Aha! As of tomorrow night, I'll be back on. I love the new additions to industrialcraft, specifically the detector and gate wires. Hooray for redstone reintegration!
    Quote Originally Posted by 3SecondCultist View Post
    Yeah, DreamingMage honestly thinks he is a god. Over the years, I've found it best just to go with it.
    Spoiler: Things I Once Was But No Longer Entirely Am
    Show

Previous Usernames: DreamingMage, Zeno Desaqqara
    Credit to araveugnitsuga.
    Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

6. - Top - End - #606
    Ettin in the Playground

huh? did they add those to the wiki yet?, those features sound interesting
    Meow(Steam page)
    [I]"If you are far from this regions, there is a case what the game playing can not be comfortable.["/I]

7. - Top - End - #607
    Pixie in the Playground

DruidGuy

Built a nether portal and found some netherwart. I'll get a farm started tomorrow so there should be brewing materials available soon. Also found a stronghold/end portal so if someone wants to explain what our hall of teleport setup is going to be (I heard something about south of the spawn?) I will put a teleport right to the stronghold. I need one more eye to activate the portal. I have an ender pearl, just need to go back and find some more blaze rods.

8. - Top - End - #608
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sagitus View Post
    Built a nether portal and found some netherwart. I'll get a farm started tomorrow so there should be brewing materials available soon. Also found a stronghold/end portal so if someone wants to explain what our hall of teleport setup is going to be (I heard something about south of the spawn?) I will put a teleport right to the stronghold. I need one more eye to activate the portal. I have an ender pearl, just need to go back and find some more blaze rods.
    Alright, so basically I have built the new hall underground, south of spawn. If you go through the main entrance, and descend, you will get to the basement. There are alcoves carved into the walls. Each player gets their own alcove, and can develop their own teleporters (I recommend building two way ports) in a linear fashion. In the interim, the signature for the Ministry (the edifice which encompasses the new hall) is Stone brick N/S, and Wood planks E/W.
    Show
    Small Justice

An ongoing web serial about politics, vengeance, and miniature lizards. Go check it out!

You divine bastard.

"Life is to be lived, not controlled; and humanity is won by continuing to play in the face of certain defeat."

9. - Top - End - #609
    Ettin in the Playground

something I realised i should post(as it's useful imformation); when using the exit portal from the end after having slain the dragon you will be de-leveled back down to level 0, you can get around this by exiting using something such as a /warp command(on servers with those), or by making a runecraft teleporter that teleports you out
    Meow(Steam page)
    [I]"If you are far from this regions, there is a case what the game playing can not be comfortable.["/I]

10. - Top - End - #610
    Ogre in the Playground

The hall runs northwards like the old one, I assume?
    Also, has anyone found any spawners yet?
    Last edited by Sen isSaqqara; 2012-01-09 at 11:21 AM.
    Yeah, DreamingMage honestly thinks he is a god. Over the years, I've found it best just to go with it.
    Show

Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

11. - Top - End - #611
    Pixie in the Playground

DruidGuy

There is a skeleton spawner conveniently located in the stronghold where the End portal is, so farming up arrows to fight the dragon should be simple. If someone wants to tackle the project of making an arrow/xp farm out of it that would be nice.
    I did have a question about somewhat unique areas to the server such as the spawn and stronghold, do we have a policy for dealing with them? I like the look of the stronghold with the library room and such and don't want it looted for books ect. since it adds to the ambiance of the place. So far all I've done is put up torches and take some seeds out of a few of the chests in there.

12. - Top - End - #612
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DreamingMage View Post
    The hall runs northwards like the old one, I assume?
    Not exactly. Instead of running in one direction, Domo and I changed the design to something more akin to a wheel. That is, each player will get their own alcove (and there will be a public one, for community projects such as spawn town) within which to build all of their teleporters in a straight line. These alcoves are built around a central chamber, which houses the staircase to the surface. This way, people do not have to walk a mile to get to their own teleporters.

P.S. I recommend to everyone that they make all of their teleporters two-way, in order to avoid confusion and needless trekking.
    Last edited by 3SecondCultist; 2012-01-09 at 02:27 PM.
    Show
    Small Justice

You divine bastard.

13. - Top - End - #613
    Ettin in the Playground

is there any way to find where the portal I used to get into the nether is(from inside the nether, as I forgot to bring any way to escape I'm now stuck[though I only have buckets in my inventory, so if the way to escape ends up being jump in lava/punch of pigman I wouldn't lose too much])

edit; nevermind, got killed by a ghast
    Last edited by Togath; 2012-01-09 at 04:27 PM.
    Meow(Steam page)

14. - Top - End - #614
    Titan in the Playground

I am not sure who set up a lighthouse warp, but I apologize for having to move it to a different location in the hall (it intruded on another player's alcove, by being built too far to the left). To whomever this belongs to, I am recalibrating the warp to be a direct two way warp into the hall, in a new alcove.

My apologies once again,
    3SC
    Show
    Small Justice

You divine bastard.

15. - Top - End - #615
    Ettin in the Playground

aye that was me who set it up, I placed it in your hall instead of in a cave as it's a public warp to a lighthouse I'm building
    Meow(Steam page)

16. - Top - End - #616
    Ogre in the Playground

Alright, I've got a bit set up. I'm way over in the west, about 1km from spawn. Hey Domo, could you warp my structures in in the forest area east of my new doom fort?
    Show

Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

17. - Top - End - #617
    Barbarian in the Playground

Also, Sagitus, Arcanomage and myself killed the enderdragon, a shrine for the egg is being planned and built near spawn.
    Last edited by Zain; 2012-01-10 at 12:16 AM.

18. - Top - End - #618
    Titan in the Playground

Ministry of Transportation Progress Report I:
    Landin, 9th of Low Tide, 2296

Dear Minister,

Construction is now underway on two of the three planned major rail lines. The Hapsburg Line will run to the remains of the Spelljammer, in the north. As I am sure you are aware, the bureau plans to branch off the line at several key intersections, running east to other projects in the area. The Carolingian Line will run west, towards the wind farms and one of the native villages. It will continue westward for approximately three kilometers. Work on the Romanov Line has yet to commence, with workers complaining of low wages and meager rations. Please send supplies forthwith.

The second layer of the teleportation hall has been excavated, but no alcoves have been carved, and no Indices created as of yet. Our rune mage team is worried that we are running out of signatures at an unsustainable rate, and without a recording system, the potential to lose destinations is imminent. Therefore, I would advise the bureau to install a watch system, in order to archive all known built rune signatures. In this fashion, any and all confusion over which system uses which signature would be minimalized.

May your fortunes ever grow,
    3SecondCultist, Custodian
    Last edited by 3SecondCultist; 2012-01-10 at 03:18 PM.
    Show
    Small Justice

You divine bastard.

19. - Top - End - #619
    Bugbear in the Playground

ElfPirate

I should probably correct myself about the location of my Base; it's to the "south", apparently, because of your faulty mini-maps. I assumed that the sun rose in the east and set in the west.

20. - Top - End - #620
    Ogre in the Playground

The problem is that you are confusing North and Notch-north.
    Show

Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

21. - Top - End - #621
    Titan in the Playground

Well, the compass doesn't point North, and honestly the world is flat anyways so the concept of magnetic directional poles is somewhat inapplicable.
    I used to do LP's. Currently archived here:

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:
    The Great Divide Dark Heresy - Finished
    They All Uprose Dark Heresy - Finished
    Dead in the Water Dark Heresy - Finished
    House of Glass Dark Heresy - Deceased

We All Fall Down Dark Heresy - Finished

Sea of Stars Rogue Trader - Ongoing

22. - Top - End - #622
    Ogre in the Playground

New theory: MC players are made up of tiny metal bits, and when they are killed they are attracted back to magnetic 'bed' structures to be rebuilt.
    Show

Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

23. - Top - End - #623
    Ettin in the Playground

I think I've gotten the skeleton spawner turned into a grinder now, I still need to test if they actually jump in the water flow that pushes them to the lava blade though(as durring the short test I did, 5 spawned and only one jumped down, not sure whether I'm just having bad luck, or whether I did something wrong in it's design),. Once I get it working fully I'll set up a teleporter from the hall of transit to it(I also plan to eventually turn it into a combo xp farm/mob grinder once I get some pistons to turn the lava blade on and off).
    Meow(Steam page)

24. - Top - End - #624
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Togath View Post
    I think I've gotten the skeleton spawner turned into a grinder now, I still need to test if they actually jump in the water flow that pushes them to the lava blade though(as durring the short test I did, 5 spawned and only one jumped down, not sure whether I'm just having bad luck, or whether I did something wrong in it's design),. Once I get it working fully I'll set up a teleporter from the hall of transit to it(I also plan to eventually turn it into a combo xp farm/mob grinder once I get some pistons to turn the lava blade on and off).
    Okay, so what I'll do is make another 'Public Works' Alcove, on B2 level. Spawn town, the End stronghold, the Chrono trigger, and any Large scale public mob grinders such as this one.
    Show
    Small Justice

You divine bastard.

25. - Top - End - #625
    Pixie in the Playground

DruidGuy

Netherwart farm is now populated and operational also. Someone built a teleport pad from the nether portal back to the spawn, but its one way only, so I'll work on changing that to a two way teleport to a pad in the public works area as well.

How do runecraft teleports work in the nether, would it make more sense to make a hall of teleport there or to make matched portals and teleport pads only in the normal world?

26. - Top - End - #626
    Titan in the Playground

Well, a hall there would make sense, assuming that we are going to colonize the Nether in some fashion. Ultimately, however, I do not think this is the case. Our setup last time, with a central fortress that accommodated all of our needs, seemed to work quite well.

Also, don't bother putting that in the Public Works alcove just yet. Tonight I am going to move it again. (Spacing issues, sorry).
    Show
    Small Justice

You divine bastard.

27. - Top - End - #627
    Pixie in the Playground

DruidGuy

I doubt there will be much activity in the nether, but as far as locations go I figured the portal/netherwart farm, a blaze farm at one of the fortresses, and the globe when it gets ported in.

28. - Top - End - #628
    Titan in the Playground

Okay, so I will set up a mini hall in the Nether. It is going on the list of things to do before I send the next progress report.
    Show
    Small Justice

You divine bastard.

29. - Top - End - #629
    Ogre in the Playground

*AHEM*
    Alright, I've got a bit set up. I'm way over in the west, about 1km from spawn. Hey Domo, could you warp my structures in in the forest area east of my new doom fort?
    Hey Domo? You there at all? Haven't seen you around in a while.
    Last edited by Sen isSaqqara; 2012-01-11 at 06:13 PM.
    Show

Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

30. - Top - End - #630
    Ettin in the Playground

*AHEM*

Hey Domo? You there at all? Haven't seen you around in a while.
    Uh, right. Still here. So you really want the western settlement moved? Or parts of it at least? Where to then? (Mark it with a column reaching into the sky, so i can see it from orbit and possibly show me ingame.)

What else do we need moved? The glass orb into the nether? Is that spot marked as well?
    Mah Badges!
    Spoiler
    Show

Hey, check out my site. (It has interactive comics, stories and coding efforts.)