New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 24 of 49 FirstFirst ... 141516171819202122232425262728293031323334 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #691
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Iskandar's Travels in Minecraft: The LP and the MP Server Thread MKII

Mine, I fought off the attack earlier today.

2. - Top - End - #692
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Iskandar's Travels in Minecraft: The LP and the MP Server Thread MKII

Quote Originally Posted by mario65889 View Post
    Should I pursue combat?
    I now realise nothing was there, it was all in our heads
    Meow(Steam page)
    [I]"If you are far from this regions, there is a case what the game playing can not be comfortable.["/I]

3. - Top - End - #693
    Pixie in the Playground

NinjaGuy

I never posted that. Now we are just going insane. They are coming for us.

4. - Top - End - #694
    Ogre in the Playground

Sorry, me? I don't remember any such event. No, seriously, what are you talking about? Are you referring to the person who was standing in the sky above the last major battle?

Also, could we get a map, Domo?
    Last edited by Sen isSaqqara; 2012-01-19 at 08:36 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3SecondCultist View Post
    Yeah, DreamingMage honestly thinks he is a god. Over the years, I've found it best just to go with it.
    Spoiler: Things I Once Was But No Longer Entirely Am
    Show

Previous Usernames: DreamingMage, Zeno Desaqqara
    Credit to araveugnitsuga.
    Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

5. - Top - End - #695
    Pixie in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Look at what they are doing to our heads!

6. - Top - End - #696
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DreamingMage View Post
    Also, could we get a map, Domo?
    You gotta refer to your Recon Officer for that.

In other news: The Nicolette has left harbour and is on course towards the alien landing site to provide support.
    Last edited by Domochevsky; 2012-01-19 at 12:59 PM.
    Mah Badges!
    Spoiler
    Show

Hey, check out my site. (It has interactive comics, stories and coding efforts.)

7. - Top - End - #697

Quote Originally Posted by Domochevsky View Post
    You gotta refer to your Recon Officer for that.

In other news: The Nicolette has left harbour and is on course towards the alien landing site to provide support.
    The Warship ended up being named Samantha, Nicolette is a other project involving Tesla coils that I'm still working on

EDIT TO ADD:
    Just checked, it seems that the tin has turned to copper, and all the personal safes have been wiped. that adds up to 78 TNT, 64 sticky grenades, 6 stacks of arrows, and 6 dispensers.
    Last edited by Zain; 2012-01-19 at 01:13 PM.

8. - Top - End - #698
    Titan in the Playground

Here is the map in its most recent incarnation. My scouts have been particularly thorough in documenting the recent exploration attempts, especially those of our Brigadier-General.
    Last edited by 3SecondCultist; 2012-01-19 at 06:57 PM.
    Spoiler: Stuff I'm Working On
    Show
    Small Justice

An ongoing web serial about politics, vengeance, and miniature lizards. Go check it out!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeno Desaqqara View Post
    You divine bastard.

"Life is to be lived, not controlled; and humanity is won by continuing to play in the face of certain defeat."

9. - Top - End - #699
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zain View Post
    EDIT TO ADD:
    Just checked, it seems that the tin has turned to copper, and all the personal safes have been wiped. that adds up to 78 TNT, 64 sticky grenades, 6 stacks of arrows, and 6 dispensers.
    Goddammit... looks like the oceans and transportation waves are treacherous for non-native blocks. (On the plus side, pistons rotate properly.)
    Mah Badges!
    Spoiler
    Show

Hey, check out my site. (It has interactive comics, stories and coding efforts.)

10. - Top - End - #700

Yeah it's odd, so I think I'll replace the personal safes with chests for the Ammo, but if we could get the replaced that would be great (that was out entire arsenal)

11. - Top - End - #701
    Ettin in the Playground

Yeah, i put the replacement stuff in the front chest of the ship, where the water buckets are.
    Mah Badges!
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #702
    Ogre in the Playground

The map
    , in its most recent incarnation. My scouts have been particularly thorough in documenting the recent exploration attempts, especially those of our Brigadier-General.
    Well, I'm glad that camp Copper Hills is invisible from above. The nearby Training Island, however, is quite visible. Oh well.
    Yeah, DreamingMage honestly thinks he is a god. Over the years, I've found it best just to go with it.
    Show

Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

13. - Top - End - #703
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Here is the map in its most recent incarnation. My scouts have been particularly thorough in documenting the recent exploration attempts, especially those of our Brigadier-General.
    Two questions: One, where's the dome? And two, you do realize what it looks like to those with a sufficiently dirty mind?
    Last edited by Landis963; 2012-01-31 at 08:33 PM.

14. - Top - End - #704
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh come on, that's a bit of a stretch.
    Show

Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

15. - Top - End - #705
    Titan in the Playground

Actually, I'm pretty sure that was what you told me it would look like before you went exploring. So, intentional or not, you yourself did recognize the eventual shape of the map you were helping to create.
    Last edited by 3SecondCultist; 2012-01-19 at 11:01 PM.
    Show
    Small Justice

An ongoing web serial about politics, vengeance, and miniature lizards. Go check it out!

You divine bastard.

"Life is to be lived, not controlled; and humanity is won by continuing to play in the face of certain defeat."

16. - Top - End - #706
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

I'm not saying it was intentional, it's just funny. However, if you put the Dome in somewhere in the long, thin section, then explore out from there, the problem will resolve itself. Or make it worse, it depends on the position of the Dome. Location, location, location.

EDIT: Besides, saying "sufficiently dirty mind" is somewhat like saying "sufficiently advanced technology".
    Last edited by Landis963; 2012-01-19 at 11:30 PM.

17. - Top - End - #707
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Landis963 View Post
    I'm not saying it was intentional, it's just funny. However, if you put the Dome in somewhere in the long, thin section, then explore out from there, the problem will resolve itself. Or make it worse, it depends on the position of the Dome. Location, location, location.

EDIT: Besides, saying "sufficiently dirty mind" is somewhat like saying "sufficiently advanced technology".
    Well said. I suppose we just have to explore a bit.
    Show

Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

18. - Top - End - #708

NinjaGuy

Iskandar needs to make a video of this RP'ing happening.

And what mods need to be put in to play on the server? I have my new computer and would like to join when not hosting on my computer with my friends.

19. - Top - End - #709

Their linked in the first post, but it's industrial craft 1.43 and buildcraft 2.2.11, as well as Modloader, Modloader Mp and MCforge

20. - Top - End - #710
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zain View Post
    Their linked in the first post, but it's industrial craft 1.43 and buildcraft 2.2.11, as well as Modloader, Modloader Mp and MCforge
    Rei's Minimap (the most recent version) is also required. It is allowed client-side, and extraordinarily useful.
    Show
    Small Justice

You divine bastard.

21. - Top - End - #711

Rei's Minimap (the most recent version) is also required. It is allowed client-side, and extraordinarily useful.
    It's not required per se, but is increasing useful.

22. - Top - End - #712
    Pixie in the Playground

DruidGuy

Research on the subject of enchantments

Since the attacks seem to have receded since we captured their spacecraft I will take this opportunity to prepare a report on another odd feature that has welcomed us on this strange new world. Creepers, zombies, skeletons and such seem to drop green orbs when they are destroyed similar to in the land we left, but we now seem capable of keeping a repository of these orbs.

I recently sought out a village of the natives here to inquire about this phenomena among other things. Perhaps due to their belief that I was an invincible robot from the future (another good use for quantum armor) they were very quick to answer my questions. They informed me that there were mages of old on this world who could craft those orbs into powerful enchantments using spellbooks and a unique item known as an enchanting table.

They said the mages created the stronghold where the end portal is located at the height of their power. They opened the portal believing it would lead them to an infinite power source, but instead loosed the dragon and endermen on this world. They gave their lives to trap the dragon back in the end, and the people buried the stronghold to prevent the portal from ever being reopened.

I studied the books remaining in the stronghold and discovered how to create one of these enchanting tables. I have been able to enchant several items including some of our technology. Enchantment could be useful for us in our battle against the invading forces and in our building projects as well.

Sagitus

23. - Top - End - #713
    Ettin in the Playground

the first time i posted this it got eaten by the data backup; I got creepered in the building above the teleport hall while running through it to get to the spot I died in(had three creepers go off there, the spot I died at[and where now there is a deep crater] is near the rail-line leading to spawn), as I was trying to get my inventory back before it decayed I didn't have time to repair the hole, in addidtion soon after I did get my items back the server crashed twice so I was unable to repair the hole I left

(sorry for any typoes, I typed this on my laptop's keyboard)
    Meow(Steam page)
    [I]"If you are far from this regions, there is a case what the game playing can not be comfortable.["/I]

24. - Top - End - #714
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Togath View Post
    the first time i posted this it got eaten by the data backup; I got creepered in the building above the teleport hall while running through it to get to the spot I died in(had three creepers go off there, the spot I died at[and where now there is a deep crater] is near the rail-line leading to spawn), as I was trying to get my inventory back before it decayed I didn't have time to repair the hole, in addidtion soon after I did get my items back the server crashed twice so I was unable to repair the hole I left

(sorry for any typoes, I typed this on my laptop's keyboard)
    Wow. I can't believe your character would do something so moronic... oh wait! Yes I can! The next time my character sees yours on the server, he will hunt him down mercilessly and gut him with his Nano-Saber.

EDIT: Okay, so it wasn't as bad as all that. I am fixing it, and placing doors for additional security. In the future, please do not let creepers follow inside though, okay?
    Last edited by 3SecondCultist; 2012-01-21 at 09:24 AM.
    Show
    Small Justice

You divine bastard.

25. - Top - End - #715
    Ettin in the Playground

np, I'm sorry for having caused damage, I was also thinking about lighting up the forest near that track in order to lower the chances of a creeper hitting that track(the one that got inside jumped onto the rail line from the hill)
    Meow(Steam page)

26. - Top - End - #716

A Report upon the the continuing Fortification of spawn:

We have the following forces and hardware at spawn.
    A Scorpion Class AAA battery (3 mark one AAA mortars)
    The Delilah, a Repentance class Airship.
    Spawn gun, upgraded to a Dominator Class

In addition, the egg has been covered in a protective layer of Reinforced Glass.

The Samantha is deployed on guard duty at the fortress, and will not be able to participate in any upcoming combat at spawn.

27. - Top - End - #717
    Ogre in the Playground

I will be taking a leave of absence, most likely for not more than three days, but potentially for as long as a month. I hope to return soon, but should I find myself unable, I wish you all luck.
    Show

Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

28. - Top - End - #718
    Ettin in the Playground

Due to recent events command has noted a higher need for redstone than usual, causing our stored resources to drop dramatically. Therefore we are officially putting out a request to our colonists (and especially Recon) to prospect for redstone ore veins. We will be trading it in for Uranium, Lapis or Iron, depending on need.

- Major Domo
    Mah Badges!
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #719
    Ogre in the Playground

The largely independent Xeno Resource Extraction Company has, as of yet, located no such redstone veins anywhere in the world as we know it.
    Show

Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

30. - Top - End - #720
    Titan in the Playground

I may as well say it here. I won't be assissting directly with the alien invasion thing, but I have a good reason. Namely, Domo has been kind enough to put me in Creative mode so that my general lack of free time for gathering might not impede my ability to build cool stuff.

So yes, I'll be on the server, building cool things. I've also worked out a way that I may indirectly contribute, with Domo's approval. More details to come later, once I've had some time to set everything up.
    I used to do LP's. Currently archived here:

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:
    The Great Divide Dark Heresy - Finished
    They All Uprose Dark Heresy - Finished
    Dead in the Water Dark Heresy - Finished
    House of Glass Dark Heresy - Deceased

We All Fall Down Dark Heresy - Finished

Sea of Stars Rogue Trader - Ongoing