New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 25 of 49 FirstFirst ... 151617181920212223242526272829303132333435 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #721
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Iskandar's Travels in Minecraft: The LP and the MP Server Thread MKII

Also, I'm taking a break from fighting the Invasion to build a animal racing Arena so we can race sheep and pigs for entertainment.

2. - Top - End - #722
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Iskandar's Travels in Minecraft: The LP and the MP Server Thread MKII

Hi. um, sorry for my existence failure lately.

My life has gotten somewhat complicated of late. I'm in progress of getting my girlfriend to move up here with me... and we might be having a kid, and well yeah. Quite a lot of drama. Very HAPPY drama in this case, but not a lot of creative energy left over to record and post videos.

I'm not dead, though.

Just really, really busy and really, really distracted.

I'll be around a bit, off and on. And expect my videos to return sometime soon. Hopefully. If something else in my life doesn't blow up.
    My youtube channel, featuring LPs of Minecraft and various other indie games: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCa98B36NhE0lWNEn3lGc86Q

3. - Top - End - #723
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Iskandar View Post
    Hi. um, sorry for my existence failure lately.

My life has gotten somewhat complicated of late. I'm in progress of getting my girlfriend to move up here with me... and we might be having a kid, and well yeah. Quite a lot of drama. Very HAPPY drama in this case, but not a lot of creative energy left over to record and post videos.

I'm not dead, though.

Just really, really busy and really, really distracted.

I'll be around a bit, off and on. And expect my videos to return sometime soon. Hopefully. If something else in my life doesn't blow up.
    Wow.

Sorry, that was inadequate. Allow me to rephrase.... *clears throat*

CONGRATULATIONS! It's good to know that you aren't dead, but I am also very happy for you. I think I can speak for the others when I say we hope to see you soon.
    Spoiler: Stuff I'm Working On
    Show
    Small Justice

An ongoing web serial about politics, vengeance, and miniature lizards. Go check it out!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeno Desaqqara View Post
    You divine bastard.

"Life is to be lived, not controlled; and humanity is won by continuing to play in the face of certain defeat."

4. - Top - End - #724

Well this is wonderful News!

I'm sure you'll make an excellent father Iskandar.

Also, I believe Domo can fill you in on what has been happening on the sever.
    (we have a 40 meter mob racing track)

5. - Top - End - #725
    Ogre in the Playground

Good to hear from you again, Iska! Good luck with everything, hope to see you on the server again soon (assuming I can get back on myself...)
    Quote Originally Posted by 3SecondCultist View Post
    Yeah, DreamingMage honestly thinks he is a god. Over the years, I've found it best just to go with it.
    Spoiler: Things I Once Was But No Longer Entirely Am
    Show

Previous Usernames: DreamingMage, Zeno Desaqqara
    Credit to araveugnitsuga.
    Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

6. - Top - End - #726
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DreamingMage View Post
    The largely independent Xeno Resource Extraction Company has, as of yet, located no such redstone veins anywhere in the world as we know it.
    ok, so it isn't my imagination than that there seems to be very little redstone on the server currently then?, Even on the old map you could often find it by digging around at the right depth it, but I've only found 3 redstone ore so far(while finding veins of iron, coal, uranium, lapis, copper, and tin multible times)
    Meow(Steam page)
    [I]"If you are far from this regions, there is a case what the game playing can not be comfortable.["/I]

7. - Top - End - #727
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Togath View Post
    ok, so it isn't my imagination than that there seems to be very little redstone on the server currently then?, Even on the old map you could often find it by digging around at the right depth it, but I've only found 3 redstone ore so far(while finding veins of iron, coal, uranium, lapis, copper, and tin multible times)
    Indeed. Perhaps since most resources seem to be biome specific now, they exist in a biome we have yet to discover an example of so far. Tundra, perhaps?
    Yeah, DreamingMage honestly thinks he is a god. Over the years, I've found it best just to go with it.
    Show

Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

8. - Top - End - #728
    Ettin in the Playground

that could be, I'm pretty sure we have yet to find a mushroom or tundra biome, so it could be one of those, or perhaps the ocean biome(though the ocean biome could be harder to mine in than the mushroom or tundra ones)
    Meow(Steam page)
    [I]"If you are far from this regions, there is a case what the game playing can not be comfortable.["/I]

9. - Top - End - #729
    Ettin in the Playground

Close. It's actually the rainforest biome, which might have been a bad choice due to how rare it seems to be.

(also, i tweaked ore distribution a tad so it is less abundant in new chunks.)

Also: Iska, rah rah! o/
    Last edited by Domochevsky; 2012-01-23 at 07:52 AM.
    Mah Badges!
    Spoiler
    Show

Hey, check out my site. (It has interactive comics, stories and coding efforts.)

10. - Top - End - #730
    Titan in the Playground

By the way Iskandar, you... might have been crowned as acting monarch in your absence. The entire server is in the process of being militarized, as we have had numerous encounters with hostile alien beings here. As such, a rank system has been established. You can read about it if you go a couple of pages back.

Also, my next intelligence report is overdue. Later today I will send you a copy, Major. I might need to send another letter to the Transportation Minister as well. He is anxious for news, I hear.
    Last edited by 3SecondCultist; 2012-01-23 at 08:35 AM.
    Show
    Small Justice

An ongoing web serial about politics, vengeance, and miniature lizards. Go check it out!

You divine bastard.

"Life is to be lived, not controlled; and humanity is won by continuing to play in the face of certain defeat."

11. - Top - End - #731
    Bugbear in the Playground

BlackDragon

Domo I've picked X -136, Y -8, as the center point to where my home is to be wrapped to. It is near the mountain temple.

I've been playing single player lately with redpower/EE, so that is why I haven't been on as much. And that is the server is kind of laggy for me.
    Last edited by The Shadowmind; 2012-01-23 at 04:17 PM.
    I am:
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #732
    Titan in the Playground

I meant to have the next episode of my LP up today. I really did. RL didn't let me, though. Spent the time I was going to use recording having a serious discussion with my girlfriend. Everything's good, but it meant I didn't have time for Minecraft today.

So my apologies, but my girlfriend is more important to me than my videos.
    I used to do LP's. Currently archived here:

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:
    The Great Divide Dark Heresy - Finished
    They All Uprose Dark Heresy - Finished
    Dead in the Water Dark Heresy - Finished
    House of Glass Dark Heresy - Deceased

We All Fall Down Dark Heresy - Finished

Sea of Stars Rogue Trader - Ongoing

13. - Top - End - #733

Quote Originally Posted by Destro_Yersul View Post
    So my apologies, but my girlfriend is more important to me than my videos.
    UNACCEPTABLE

14. - Top - End - #734
    Titan in the Playground

*British* He really needs to sort out his priorities. *British*
    Show
    Small Justice

You divine bastard.

15. - Top - End - #735
    Ogre in the Playground

Was... that... a reference to what I thought it was?
    Show

Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

16. - Top - End - #736
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DreamingMage View Post
    Was... that... a reference to what I thought it was?
    Perhaps. You aren't in range of my telepathy, at the moment, so there is no way to be certain.
    Show
    Small Justice

You divine bastard.

17. - Top - End - #737
    Ogre in the Playground

Do the words 'Robot Monkey' mean anything to you?
    Show

Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

18. - Top - End - #738
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Domochevsky View Post
    Close. It's actually the rainforest biome, which might have been a bad choice due to how rare it seems to be.

(also, i tweaked ore distribution a tad so it is less abundant in new chunks.)

Also: Iska, rah rah! o/
    the rainforest biome doesn't exist in 1.0, it was removed in 1.8.1
    edit; it's being re-added in 1.2 or 1.3
    Last edited by Togath; 2012-01-23 at 11:14 PM.
    Meow(Steam page)

19. - Top - End - #739
    Titan in the Playground

the rainforest biome doesn't exist in 1.0, it was removed in 1.8.1
    edit; it's being re-added in 1.2 or 1.3
    What precisely comprises a rain forest biome? I cannot seem to remember.
    Show
    Small Justice

You divine bastard.

20. - Top - End - #740
    Ettin in the Playground

in 1.7.3 and earlier is was a higher chance of large oaks to spawn, in 1.2/1.3 and later it will be giant 2x2 trees of a new type, with climbable vines hanging from them and bushes(though the new ones[new rainforest biomes] in 1.2 or 1.3 will only spawn in maps generated after which ever of those two patchs contains the biome has been released[at least acording to the current information about them])

Just thought of something I've been trying to remember to ask about; has anyone found any arctic biomes?

edit 2; just watched the yogscast video on the new jungle biomes, dang the new ones look nice, appears that their fairly large biomes as well.
    (re-edited to add the correct link)
    Last edited by Togath; 2012-01-24 at 05:20 AM.
    Meow(Steam page)

21. - Top - End - #741
    Pixie in the Playground

NinjaGuy

We wouldn't happen to be updating anytime soon would we?

22. - Top - End - #742
    Ettin in the Playground

Ok, ore distribution for redstone has been changed to a biome that actually exists. Should kick in at the next restart.
    Mah Badges!
    Spoiler
    Show

Hey, check out my site. (It has interactive comics, stories and coding efforts.)

23. - Top - End - #743
    Titan in the Playground

Sounds great. I've got a solid redstone reserve as it is, and I don't really use for anything other than chrono triggers (and the occasional piston door).

In other news, I have big plans for centralization. This will include expanding spawn harbor, extending the Hapsburg Line, and of course maintaining the Ministry of Transportation. Iskandar and Shadowmind, I am setting up alcoves for you in the B2 level of the Hall, for your projects.
    Show
    Small Justice

You divine bastard.

24. - Top - End - #744
    Ogre in the Playground

Damn. I bet that's going to redistribute resources into all our TPs again, isn't it?
    Show

Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

25. - Top - End - #745
    Ettin in the Playground

Nah, that only happens if i apply it to the existing world. As it is it will only affect newly generated chunks.
    Mah Badges!
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #746
    Ettin in the Playground

In other news, I have big plans for centralization. This will include expanding spawn harbor
    Neat, feel free to build near the little hut I have at the edge of the water near spawn, I had actually tried building a little dock there, but ended up blowing it up with my mining(I've gotten deep enough now that my mining shouldn't damage the surface anymore even if I use tnt again)
    edit; if possible, leave the little cave intact, but if you end up feeling that having an unlit cave at spawn is too dangerous you may light it.
    Last edited by Togath; 2012-01-24 at 02:48 PM.
    Meow(Steam page)

27. - Top - End - #747
    Titan in the Playground

Neat, feel free to build near the little hut I have at the edge of the water near spawn, I had actually tried building a little dock there, but ended up blowing it up with my mining(I've gotten deep enough now that my mining shouldn't damage the surface anymore even if I use tnt again)
    edit; if possible, leave the little cave intact, but if you end up feeling that having an unlit cave at spawn is too dangerous you may light it.
    Thanks. I was thinking of building up that bay in general, and using that hut will be useful. I by little cave you mean the passage that runs around under the hill and doesn't really go anywhere, then I will probably terraform that. If you have mines, however, I will maintain them.
    Show
    Small Justice

You divine bastard.

28. - Top - End - #748
    Ettin in the Playground

I have a mine going from 3 blocks below the hut to bedrock, so please leave that intact, and if possible keep some of the sugarcane infront intact/replant it nearby if it's in the way
    Meow(Steam page)

29. - Top - End - #749
    Titan in the Playground

I have a mine going from 3 blocks below the hut to bedrock, so please leave that intact, and if possible keep some of the sugarcane infront intact/replant it nearby if it's in the way
    Alright, no problem. Thanks for your cooperation in all this.
    Show
    Small Justice

You divine bastard.

30. - Top - End - #750
    Ettin in the Playground

again, if possible leave the cave intact(lighting it up and flattening the bottom is 100% fine), but if it gets in your way too much you can terra form it.
    Meow(Steam page)