New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 49 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Iskandar's Travels in Minecraft: The LP and the MP Server Thread MKII

Hm, alright then. Things are complicated enough as it stands, i guess.

(Also: diamond drill, yo.)
    Last edited by Domochevsky; 2011-10-29 at 12:44 AM.
    Mah Badges!
    Spoiler
    Show

Hey, check out my site. (It has interactive comics, stories and coding efforts.)

2. - Top - End - #62
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Iskandar's Travels in Minecraft: The LP and the MP Server Thread MKII

Yeah, I'm always one for more mods all the time.

However, as part of a community I realize that this attitude is not always shared by most of the people I play with. So, simplicity rules, and that is cool too.

Edit: Domo, you're going to need a Batpack, or maybe two, to use that thing. It uses an absurd amount of power. Durability of about 256 on a full charge, I think, although dirt and gravel uses less charge.
    Last edited by Iskandar; 2011-10-29 at 02:05 AM.
    My youtube channel, featuring LPs of Minecraft and various other indie games: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCa98B36NhE0lWNEn3lGc86Q

3. - Top - End - #63
    Titan in the Playground

I like Wireless Redstone, but using it multiplayer would become... complicated... very quickly. You'd have to make sure nothing else was using the same frequency as you every time you put up a new set of blocks, because otherwise it could activate or deactivate someone else's stuff somewhere else.

Industrialcraft and Buildcraft are enough, I think.
    I used to do LP's. Currently archived here:

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:
    The Great Divide Dark Heresy - Finished
    They All Uprose Dark Heresy - Finished
    Dead in the Water Dark Heresy - Finished
    House of Glass Dark Heresy - Deceased

We All Fall Down Dark Heresy - Finished

Sea of Stars Rogue Trader - Ongoing

4. - Top - End - #64
    Barbarian in the Playground

Also, Chainsaws seem to work as well a diamond swords. This makes me very happy.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Titan in the Playground

As you all know, YersulCorp is committed to bringing you the best quality public services around. As such, we here at YersulCorp are proud to announce that the YersulCorp High Efficiency Organic Tree Farm has been upgraded with 15 rubber trees. Unfortunately, this did necessitate a reduction of charcoal production capacity, but we feel the trade-off is worth it. The new trees have been installed on the left side of the farm when entering, and carefully stripped of their leaves for best access to resin-taps.

This service is provided to you free of charge by YersulCorp. We ask only that you please do not damage the trees in any way. Rubber trees are expensive, and we had to import these ones from some desolate swamp really far away. Thank you.

Destro Yersul,
    CEO, YersulCorp.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

6. - Top - End - #66
    Ogre in the Playground

Hey Destro, you know what YersulCorp needs? A division in charge of exploration and exploitation of new natural resources in outer territories. I would be willing to create such a division based from the Explorator's Outpost I built a while back. The idea would be to explore outwards and build small outposts with teleporters at resource-rich sites for YersulCorp to use. Sound interesting?
    Quote Originally Posted by 3SecondCultist View Post
    Yeah, DreamingMage honestly thinks he is a god. Over the years, I've found it best just to go with it.
    Spoiler: Things I Once Was But No Longer Entirely Am
    Show

Previous Usernames: DreamingMage, Zeno Desaqqara
    Credit to araveugnitsuga.
    Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Titan in the Playground

Sounds like a plan. I've already found one such site. I'll give you an office in my HQ building once it's built. That's the next project, although first I need an ungodly amount of wool.

In other news, LP Episode 6 is uploading now. I don't have a link for it yet, but I'm going to sleep now. Just letting you know it's going up soon, and I will edit a link in when I wake up.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

8. - Top - End - #68
    Titan in the Playground

Okay, so I got a fresh install of Minecraft, re-implemented your installer, with all the mods. I then deleted the buildcraft folder. It works.
    Spoiler: Stuff I'm Working On
    Show
    Small Justice

An ongoing web serial about politics, vengeance, and miniature lizards. Go check it out!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeno Desaqqara View Post
    You divine bastard.

"Life is to be lived, not controlled; and humanity is won by continuing to play in the face of certain defeat."

9. - Top - End - #69

Yay! Sorry about that, the installer was kinda hacked together and thus a few bugs crept in. Glad you can connect again.
    My youtube channel, featuring LPs of Minecraft and various other indie games: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCa98B36NhE0lWNEn3lGc86Q

10. - Top - End - #70
    Titan in the Playground

The Quarry hit an Abandoned Rail Shaft!

Can't remember your name, person who was helping me with it (I'm Master256 on Minecraft), but I thought you should know.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

11. - Top - End - #71
    Titan in the Playground

I have taken some baby steps to industrialization: iron furnaces and some new ores. I am planning a full overhaul of my Estate, complete with pipelines and multiple underground quarries, as well as a melon farm and a new rail line.
    Show
    Small Justice

An ongoing web serial about politics, vengeance, and miniature lizards. Go check it out!

You divine bastard.

"Life is to be lived, not controlled; and humanity is won by continuing to play in the face of certain defeat."

12. - Top - End - #72
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
    The Quarry hit an Abandoned Rail Shaft!

Can't remember your name, person who was helping me with it (I'm Master256 on Minecraft), but I thought you should know.
    Oh, also, the pipes were broken by a creeper. Luckily, the actual Quarry device is intact, but it's now unpowered and not connected to the chests.
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

13. - Top - End - #73

BlackDragon

I was wondering why the quarry wasn't working anymore, I repaired the pipes and disabled the pipe that was adding coal to the engines since they were full. I'll turn the quarry back on then, if the teleporter is still there(creeper appeared right when I clicked the teleporer).
    I am:
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #74
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Shadowmind View Post
    I was wondering why the quarry wasn't working anymore, I repaired the pipes and disabled the pipe that was adding coal to the engines since they were full. I'll turn the quarry back on then, if the teleporter is still there(creeper appeared right when I clicked the teleporer).
    Did you see the stuff from the rail shaft in the box?

EDIT: Also, we've pretty much passed the coal clump. When can we divvy up the results and move the Quarry to that huge iron mine?
    Last edited by Qwertystop; 2011-10-29 at 05:18 PM.
    My Homebrew

15. - Top - End - #75
    Titan in the Playground

Ok, link to the episode is here: http://youtu.be/sbBFdQm8jEM

in server related news, thanks to a bit of partial loading lag, I snagged a screenshot of the effect of that mineral vein mod.

Spoiler
    Show

I am highly amused.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

16. - Top - End - #76
    Ogre in the Playground

You have hieroglyphs! Eeee!
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel
    I write and draw occasionally: Have a look.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Titan in the Playground

Shadowmind, this Quarry seems to be entirely Coal just like the other one. I wonder where the Iron is? I don't think we could have entirely missed the Iron.
    My Homebrew

18. - Top - End - #78

BlackDragon

I checked the iron area, and about half of what as uncovered in the the quarry area, the rest is further up. So once the quarry is done with its current task we can move it up for the rest of the iron.
    I am:
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #79
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Shadowmind View Post
    I checked the iron area, and about half of what as uncovered in the the quarry area, the rest is further up. So once the quarry is done with its current task we can move it up for the rest of the iron.
    Ah, so it just wasn't deep enough when i checked? Good to know.

EDIT: I just made and attatched a Steam Engine to the side of one of the existing engines. It is being activated by the redstone torch that was previously activating the gold pipe, and fueled by a stack of coal from the previous mine. Hopefully that will speed the mining.
    Last edited by Qwertystop; 2011-10-29 at 10:05 PM.
    My Homebrew

20. - Top - End - #80
    Titan in the Playground

Ah, so it just wasn't deep enough when i checked? Good to know.

EDIT: I just made and attatched a Steam Engine to the side of one of the existing engines. It is being activated by the redstone torch that was previously activating the gold pipe, and fueled by a stack of coal from the previous mine. Hopefully that will speed the mining.
    If I were to contribute resources to your Quarry projects, would I get a cut of the profits? I have diamonds coming out of my ears, but I will be needing a lot more iron and coal in the near future.
    Last edited by 3SecondCultist; 2011-10-30 at 12:07 AM.
    Show
    Small Justice

You divine bastard.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Titan in the Playground

If I were to contribute resources to your Quarry projects, would I get a cut of the profits? I have diamonds coming out of my ears, but I will be needing a lot more iron and coal in the near future.
    Well, it's not so much a "Quarry project" as "I found an enormous vein of iron that I dug a large cave into, and the cave walls are pretty much still made of iron". I asked for help digging it out and Shadowmind brought a quarry. If you bring engines or something to power it, I'd say you could have a cut. Not sure if an equal split would be best though, as you would be joining later and just making it faster.

How does 25% sound, and me and Shadowmind would get 37.5% each?

Pending Shadowmind's agreement, of course. Also, you could take as much as you want from the junk bin of the first quarry and 50/50 split the second one, since Shadowmind doesn't want any of that and I've taken what I want from the first.
    My Homebrew

22. - Top - End - #82
    Titan in the Playground

Well, it's not so much a "Quarry project" as "I found an enormous vein of iron that I dug a large cave into, and the cave walls are pretty much still made of iron". I asked for help digging it out and Shadowmind brought a quarry. If you bring engines or something to power it, I'd say you could have a cut. Not sure if an equal split would be best though, as you would be joining later and just making it faster.

How does 25% sound, and me and Shadowmind would get 37.5% each?

Pending Shadowmind's agreement, of course. Also, you could take as much as you want from the junk bin of the first quarry and 50/50 split the second one, since Shadowmind doesn't want any of that and I've taken what I want from the first.
    Works for me. I can set up a quarry, but not today, unfortunately. I have a ton of school work to do.
    Show
    Small Justice

You divine bastard.

23. - Top - End - #83
    Titan in the Playground

Works for me. I can set up a quarry, but not today, unfortunately. I have a ton of school work to do.
    What about just adding another engine to the existing quarry? Not lava-powered, because that requires too much supervision of adding coolant.

I'm not sure exactly where the rest of the vein (the bit that's not under the quarry) is, you see.

EDIT: Whoever added the Redstone engines to the quarry: They had turned red when I just logged on to check. I have removed the torches, as I do not want an explosion there, and when I removed them, the speed did not change noticably.
    Last edited by Qwertystop; 2011-10-30 at 08:50 AM.
    My Homebrew

24. - Top - End - #84
    Titan in the Playground

What about just adding another engine to the existing quarry? Not lava-powered, because that requires too much supervision of adding coolant.

I'm not sure exactly where the rest of the vein (the bit that's not under the quarry) is, you see.

EDIT: Whoever added the Redstone engines to the quarry: They had turned red when I just logged on to check. I have removed the torches, as I do not want an explosion there, and when I removed them, the speed did not change noticably.
    Have you not fully dug out the quarry yet?
    Show
    Small Justice

You divine bastard.

25. - Top - End - #85
    Titan in the Playground

Have you not fully dug out the quarry yet?
    No. If you look at the bottom of the second one, you'll see that there's still lots of coal and iron.

The first one, yes.
    My Homebrew

26. - Top - End - #86

I'd be happy to bring over another steam engine cell, provided I could use the coal as fuel. (a steam engine cell being 4 and the power piping)

27. - Top - End - #87
    Titan in the Playground

Redstone engines don't explode. Ever.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

28. - Top - End - #88

SEVER NEWS:

It seems that shift clicking a lava bucket into a engine that already has a bucket in it is bad for the sever.

Don't do it.

29. - Top - End - #89
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zain View Post
    SEVER NEWS:

It seems that shift clicking a lava bucket into a engine that already has a bucket in it is bad for the sever.

Don't do it.
    Extension: Shift-clicking anything into a buildcraft container that already has something in it is bad for the server.

So don't do that either.
    Mah Badges!
    Spoiler
    Show

Hey, check out my site. (It has interactive comics, stories and coding efforts.)

30. - Top - End - #90

Quote Originally Posted by Destro_Yersul View Post
    Redstone engines don't explode. Ever.
    Not QUITE true. Overdriving any engine, by hooking another engine to it, WILL cause it to explode. Also, leaving an engine running with no load MIGHT cause it to explode.