New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 32 of 49 FirstFirst ... 7222324252627282930313233343536373839404142 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #931
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Iskandar's Travels in Minecraft: The LP and the MP Server Thread MKII

you missed my recalculation. The 64 EU/t ones are 2 stacks of blocks plus 28 more blocks. 1404 ingots total.
    Last edited by Destro_Yersul; 2012-02-16 at 03:51 PM.
    I used to do LP's. Currently archived here:

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:
    The Great Divide Dark Heresy - Finished
    They All Uprose Dark Heresy - Finished
    Dead in the Water Dark Heresy - Finished
    House of Glass Dark Heresy - Deceased

We All Fall Down Dark Heresy - Finished

Sea of Stars Rogue Trader - Ongoing

2. - Top - End - #932
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Iskandar's Travels in Minecraft: The LP and the MP Server Thread MKII

I can deal with that. I'll need 32, please.
    Last edited by Sen isSaqqara; 2012-02-16 at 04:33 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3SecondCultist View Post
    Yeah, DreamingMage honestly thinks he is a god. Over the years, I've found it best just to go with it.
    Spoiler: Things I Once Was But No Longer Entirely Am
    Show

Previous Usernames: DreamingMage, Zeno Desaqqara
    Credit to araveugnitsuga.
    Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

3. - Top - End - #933
    Titan in the Playground

Going to have to run that by Domo. I am slightly wary of producing really expensive things like those in high numbers (where 'high numbers' is defined as 'more than 2') without the approval of the man who can take away my ability to do so if he feels I'm abusing it.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

4. - Top - End - #934
    Titan in the Playground

Destro, my intelligence has informed me that a massive energy flux was detected just east of the Ministry of Transportation. When I investigated, I saw a structure that looked oddly like your library. Would you, by any chance, have ported it over from the homeland?
    Spoiler: Stuff I'm Working On
    Show
    Small Justice

An ongoing web serial about politics, vengeance, and miniature lizards. Go check it out!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeno Desaqqara View Post
    You divine bastard.

"Life is to be lived, not controlled; and humanity is won by continuing to play in the face of certain defeat."

5. - Top - End - #935
    Ogre in the Playground

I've found something strange. Part of a structure of some kind seems to have fused itself with the area Zain and I used as a cannon test range. It seems almost like part of a ship, but not the enemy kind. Worthy of investigation, anyways.

And also, Destro, why would you be wary of something like that? It makes sense. As long as we pay adequately, that is.

Edit: upon further investigation, the entire area seems to have been badly spliced with somewhere else. Malfunctioning alien teleport?
    Last edited by Sen isSaqqara; 2012-02-16 at 08:29 PM.
    Yeah, DreamingMage honestly thinks he is a god. Over the years, I've found it best just to go with it.
    Show

Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

6. - Top - End - #936
    Titan in the Playground

Ah, the library arrived? Most excellent. I have plans for that area, but I wanted it to be there before I started on them.

Quote Originally Posted by DreamingMage View Post
    And also, Destro, why would you be wary of something like that? It makes sense. As long as we pay adequately, that is.
    Because I asked him and he said no, that's why. You are allowed to buy 2.
    Last edited by Destro_Yersul; 2012-02-17 at 01:56 PM.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

7. - Top - End - #937
    Ettin in the Playground

Somewhat related: The server's offline due to heavy chunk corruption. I'm currently checking in how to fix that. (Looks like it ate a lot of things, and fast. It completely got blackpantsguy's house and took a nibble ouf ot the alien fleet too.)

Gonna update to 1.1 in the same go, in the hopes that updating all the mods with that will help too.

Edit: Server has been updated to 1.1. So far nothing seems to have broken too heavily. (But i had to disable my profile to get back on. Looks like another qsuit error. Possibly because enchanting of IC2 items has been disabled.) Plugins are in their minimum state with only the essentials on.

To to edit and crop the map back to a sane state...
    Last edited by Domochevsky; 2012-02-17 at 03:48 PM.
    Mah Badges!
    Spoiler
    Show

Hey, check out my site. (It has interactive comics, stories and coding efforts.)

8. - Top - End - #938
    Pixie in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Domochevsky View Post
    Somewhat related: The server's offline due to heavy chunk corruption. I'm currently checking in how to fix that. (Looks like it ate a lot of things, and fast. It completely got blackpantsguy's house and took a nibble ouf ot the alien fleet too.)

Gonna update to 1.1 in the same go, in the hopes that updating all the mods with that will help too.

Edit: Server has been updated to 1.1. So far nothing seems to have broken too heavily. (But i had to disable my profile to get back on. Looks like another qsuit error. Possibly because enchanting of IC2 items has been disabled.) Plugins are in their minimum state with only the essentials on.

To to edit and crop the map back to a sane state...

Good luck with all the maintenance and upkeep on the server Domo, I speak for my crew in saying we appreciate your good work.

9. - Top - End - #939
    Ogre in the Playground

Indeed.

Update on the upgrade: It is most likely not the enchantment causing the problems. Also, note that the current version of rei's minimap conflicts with MCForge. If you install forge first, it seems to work, but I haven't tested it in machine-heavy areas yet so...
    Show

Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

10. - Top - End - #940
    Barbarian in the Playground

ok, so I logged on to find this... Yeah, I've got no idea what happened here.

11. - Top - End - #941
    Ettin in the Playground

Ok, i checked the theater. No idea what caused that or how. Looks kinda like explosive damage, but i can't really determine it, since logblock had been disabled for a bit after the 1.1 update.

So yeah. Tried to do some minor manual restoration, but iunno if i got it entirely right.
    Mah Badges!
    Spoiler
    Show

Hey, check out my site. (It has interactive comics, stories and coding efforts.)

12. - Top - End - #942
    Bugbear in the Playground

BlackDragon

Which version of the mods are being used now?
    I am:
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #943
    Ogre in the Playground

Have we figured out what was keeping Advanced Machines from working?
    Show

Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

14. - Top - End - #944
    Titan in the Playground

Have we figured out what was keeping Advanced Machines from working?
    A bug with Advanced Machines. Have to wait for the creator to fix it.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

15. - Top - End - #945

Quote Originally Posted by Destro_Yersul View Post
    A bug with Advanced Machines. Have to wait for the creator to fix it.
    Say Destro, I was wondering if I could give me a hand with some construction, as reenforced stone is a pain to break, and the destrocorp tech would help a fair amount with that.

EDIT nevermind, Domo helped out with it
    Last edited by Zain; 2012-02-19 at 01:32 PM.

16. - Top - End - #946
    Ettin in the Playground

Gentlemen, R4 of bukkit is out, and with it v1.70 of IndustrialCraft. So we can update to that now. What's the general opinion on that?

Also, how do you people use Buildcraft so far? I'm thinking that IC² is the mod that's far more used, so i'm pondering whether or not to remove BC until v3 is out for SMP, at least. (Thus removing one non-native bukkit dependency.) But i suppose the pump and miner are too valuable as they are to lose. Not sure.
    Last edited by Domochevsky; 2012-02-19 at 05:20 PM.
    Mah Badges!
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #947
    Titan in the Playground

Pipes mostly, from what I've seen. I'd like to keep it in, because it means I can do some really interesting stuff, but I'm not the only one on the server.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

18. - Top - End - #948
    Ogre in the Playground

Yeah, that and quarries. If that all gets killed again, like when we moved maps, it would not be good.
    Show

Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

19. - Top - End - #949

I would vote to keep buildcraft, as I enjoy the pipes.

20. - Top - End - #950
    Ettin in the Playground

Ok, so we updated CraftBukkit to R4, Forge to 1.3.3.12 and IC² to 1.7. Nothing else changed.

Note: The IC² is functional, but GUI updates aren't pushed currently. So everything IC² appears to be empty until you nudge it. I suspect this will be fixed server side in a couple hours, so we decided to stick to it for now.

Edit: second revision is out and fixed that particular issue.
    Last edited by Domochevsky; 2012-02-19 at 08:22 PM.
    Mah Badges!
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #951
    Titan in the Playground

BC is good for Automated Crafting Benches. If for no other reason than it doesn't regurgitate the components onto the floor while you go back to your chest for that one piece you forgot.

If Logistical Pipes is included... well, it's exceedingly diamond-intensive (basic logisitical pipes are 2x diamond gears, so that's 8 diamond plus assorted other metal content), but can result in automated crafting of basic supplies, assuming it is hooked up to chests containing the material components. But that's rather resource intensive, requires a fairly large 'factory' if you want a sizable number of recipies in your machine,

Also, I prefer IC2 miners to BC Quarries. Attach an IC2 pump filled with cells, and it will automatically fill them with whatever liquid they run into (normally Lava, which makes it good for stocking Geothermal plants). You also only have a one-square hole, and it can fill itself back in if you replace the mining pipes with something like cobble, so it is less destructive to the environment than a strip-mining operation like a Quarry. Granted, the area it probes is smaller (only a 4 square radius around the machine itself with the right chipset), but it doesn't require diamonds (although does require a couple of circuits and a machine block).

Also, I prefer to run everything on IC power rather than BC power whenever possible, since I don't like the risk of my power plants blowing up if a chunk glitches and the infinite pool of water the pump draws from becomes no longer infinite (which happened a couple of times to Direwolf20 this season). It's also easier to run 'green' (BC pipes + water mills = 2 EU/t energy output, with buckets and an infinite water source, this gets easier with Strainers from PC's Energy Converter mod, or you can just set up a few Solar Arrays).
    Quote Originally Posted by The Underlord View Post
    All hail great Shneekeythulhu! Ia Ia Shneeky fthagn
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quite possibly, the best rebuttal I have ever witnessed.
    Joker Bard - the DM's solution to the Batman Wizard.
    Takahashi no Onisan - The scariest Samurai alive
    Incarnum and YOU: a reference guide
    Soulmelds, by class and slot: Another Incarnum reference
    Multiclassing for Newbies: A reference guide for the rest of us

My homebrew world in progress: Falcora

22. - Top - End - #952
    Pixie in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Logistic pipes is amazing. That is all.

23. - Top - End - #953
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by mario65889 View Post
    Logistic pipes is amazing. That is all.
    My only problem with Logistic Pipes is that it's difficult to get set up without EE to produce diamonds for you in sufficient quantities. Glowstone and Redstone can be found fairly easily, but diamonds tend to be rather rare, and it requires diamonds for every automated crafting bench you hook up to your system. If your system is not directly hooked up to your chest array, then teleport pipes become another diamond-sink.

The requester also requires a couple of diamond gears, that's kind of painful too, and pretty much necessary to make the entire system work.
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #954
    Ogre in the Playground

'S not that bad. We have diamonds via IC2, and veins make them far easier to find in high #s anyways. I actually have to stack them in blocks.
    Last edited by Sen isSaqqara; 2012-02-21 at 06:03 PM.
    Show

Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

25. - Top - End - #955
    Titan in the Playground

'S not that bad. We have diamonds via IC2, and veins make them far easier to find in high #s anyways. I actually have to stack them in blocks.
    Then I cannot reccomend them strongly enough. They automate mundane time-consuming tasks. Teach it how to make circuit chips, for example, and simply request them rather than having to do it all yourself. Make sure to set it up to your supplies, of course.

Anything you find yourself crafting a bunch of, it makes crafting of major objects (like MV solar arrays) much easier.
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #956
    Titan in the Playground

Give it ten to fifteen more minutes, and the next episode of my LP will be here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wE5vU...ature=youtu.be

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

27. - Top - End - #957
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Hey, my server is currently discussing what to do once the patch to 1.2 comes out, and I remembered your discussion of copying over your buildings. Can somebody give me a quick rundown of how exactly that works?

Thanks,
    Landis

EDIT: Also, Destro, is your LP just switching over to horror now? 'Cause it certainly seems like it.
    Last edited by Landis963; 2012-02-22 at 08:05 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zap Dynamic View Post
    I want to create a world that is full of possibility, and one of the best ways to handle it is by creating a bunch of stories that haven't yet been finished.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grey_Wolf_c View Post
    At this point, however, I'm thinking way too hard about the practical problems of running a battle royale school for Russian assassins, so I think I'll leave it there.
    In my posts, smilies generally correspond to my expression at the time. As an example, means "huh?" and "Hmm..". Also, "Landis" is fine.

28. - Top - End - #958

Quote Originally Posted by Destro_Yersul View Post
    Give it ten to fifteen more minutes, and the next episode of my LP will be here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wE5vU...ature=youtu.be
    Destro, For your let's play, please decide if it's out of character or in character. I can see glimmers of both and it's taking away from the quality as a whole.

29. - Top - End - #959
    Ettin in the Playground

I'm kinda with Zain there. You need to differentiate between Character and Narrator more. Possibly with the latter doing a voice-over over the former, for that extra bit of disconnect. (The Narrator talking about Destro, the Character being Destro.)

Also, Landis, porting the buildings over has been done with WorldEdit. That is, loading up the orld world in it, marking buildings, copying and exporting/saving them as schematics, which can then be pasted into the new world.
    Mah Badges!
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #960
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Domochevsky View Post
    Also, Landis, porting the buildings over has been done with WorldEdit. That is, loading up the orld world in it, marking buildings, copying and exporting/saving them as schematics, which can then be pasted into the new world.
    Thanks for the info.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zap Dynamic View Post
    I want to create a world that is full of possibility, and one of the best ways to handle it is by creating a bunch of stories that haven't yet been finished.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grey_Wolf_c View Post
    At this point, however, I'm thinking way too hard about the practical problems of running a battle royale school for Russian assassins, so I think I'll leave it there.
    In my posts, smilies generally correspond to my expression at the time. As an example, means "huh?" and "Hmm..". Also, "Landis" is fine.