New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 49 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Iskandar's Travels in Minecraft: The LP and the MP Server Thread MKII

NEWS: Jetpacks are really fun.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Iskandar's Travels in Minecraft: The LP and the MP Server Thread MKII

Other news: extra special LP episode will be up some time later today. Have all the footage, need to record audio. This one might end up being a bit longer, due to containing secret things.
    I used to do LP's. Currently archived here:

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:
    The Great Divide Dark Heresy - Finished
    They All Uprose Dark Heresy - Finished
    Dead in the Water Dark Heresy - Finished
    House of Glass Dark Heresy - Deceased

We All Fall Down Dark Heresy - Finished

Sea of Stars Rogue Trader - Ongoing

3. - Top - End - #93
    Titan in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Destro_Yersul View Post
    Other news: extra special LP episode will be up some time later today. Have all the footage, need to record audio. This one might end up being a bit longer, due to containing secret things.
    That reminds me, I noticed in your last video that the audio commentary wasn't quite synched up with the rest of it. I could hear you reacting to things that hadn't happened on screen yet.
    "Nothing you can't spell will ever work." - Will Rogers

Watch me draw and swear at video games.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Titan in the Playground

That's probably due to the way I am forced to record the audio. I have to start the video playback, then the recording, or do it the other way around. I have no way to start both at the same time, and it is most annoying. Seriously considering Windows 7 right about now.

So yeah, they might get a bit de-synced by accident. It's really not my fault, just limitations of the software.
    Last edited by Destro_Yersul; 2011-10-30 at 04:57 PM.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

5. - Top - End - #95
    Pixie in the Playground

DruidGuy

Hello,

Could I please be added to the whitelist for the server. Been playing minecraft for a while, but new to most of the mods used here.

username: Sagitus

Thanks

6. - Top - End - #96
    Bugbear in the Playground

BlackDragon

Is there a max speed of a Quarry, and if so how many steam engines does it take to reach it?
    I am:
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #97

That..... is kinda complicated.

The answer is 9 energy per tick. Steam engines produce 1 energy per tick, released in pulses when the moving part of the engine fully extends.

Lava power combustion engines produce 1, oil powered is, I think, 2 and fuel powered is 5.

Redstone, btw, produces 1 energy every time the moving part extends.
    Last edited by Iskandar; 2011-10-30 at 10:38 PM.
    My youtube channel, featuring LPs of Minecraft and various other indie games: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCa98B36NhE0lWNEn3lGc86Q

8. - Top - End - #98
    Pixie in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Hey all new to the multiplayer server but I've been playing MC since Sagitus. I've been watching the MP lets play and now I want to get going with the mods you guys have set up and see what we can build together.

9. - Top - End - #99

Both you and Sagitus should be whitelisted. Let either me or Domo know if there is problems
    My youtube channel, featuring LPs of Minecraft and various other indie games: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCa98B36NhE0lWNEn3lGc86Q

10. - Top - End - #100
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Iskandar View Post
    That..... is kinda complicated.

The answer is 9 energy per tick. Steam engines produce 1 energy per tick, released in pulses when the moving part of the engine fully extends.

Lava power combustion engines produce 1, oil powered is, I think, 2 and fuel powered is 5.

Redstone, btw, produces 1 energy every time the moving part extends.
    ...wait, so steam engines do the same as redstone engines, but aren't as safe and cost fuel?

Also: welcome, you two.
    Mah Badges!
    Spoiler
    Show

Hey, check out my site. (It has interactive comics, stories and coding efforts.)

11. - Top - End - #101

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Domochevsky View Post
    ...wait, so steam engines do the same as redstone engines, but aren't as safe and cost fuel?

Also: welcome, you two.
    No steam engines produce 1 energy per tick, with that energy released at the end of the cycle.
    Redstone engines produce 1 energy per cycle.
    Redstone engine, 1 energy per X ticks,
    Steam 1 energy* X ticks, per X ticks, where X=number of ticks in the cycle.

9 steam, or 2 Fuel powered combustion engine should max a quarry then.

Iskandar's ep 14 is up. I really should be asleep right now, but can't sleep.
    Last edited by The Shadowmind; 2011-10-31 at 12:55 AM.
    I am:
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #102

Yeah, episode 14

And found something epic is SMP, video incoming

13. - Top - End - #103

NinjaGuy

Have the Zeppelins been fix in regards to that bug Lewis from the Yogscast mentioned? With the mining/oil pumping from a Zeppelin crashing the game.

Also, the chicken now needs a name; or is "Chicken Friend" it?

14. - Top - End - #104
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Crossblade View Post
    Have the Zeppelins been fix in regards to that bug Lewis from the Yogscast mentioned? With the mining/oil pumping from a Zeppelin crashing the game.
    This has been narrowed down by the mod creators. Apparently the crash only occurs if you place the pipes below the controller block level. (Since that is apparently Y=0 and the pipes are hardcoded to not be able to go below that.)
    Mah Badges!
    Spoiler
    Show

Hey, check out my site. (It has interactive comics, stories and coding efforts.)

15. - Top - End - #105

BlackDragon

I think the server crashed.
    I am:
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #106
    Ettin in the Playground

It did. Someone (*eyes shadowmind*) tried to shift-click something into a full buildcraft container.

Restarted now. >_>
    Mah Badges!
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #107

BlackDragon

I think the additional pipes add-on has been finally updated for buildcraft 2.2.4
    I am:
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #108
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Is the episode ready, or have you run into technical difficulties?

19. - Top - End - #109

I prefer eddy the dome chicken as a name.

He sits in his pen and plots. PLOTS I SAY.

EDIT TO ADD. Some sort of power storing system might be a good idea.
    Last edited by Zain; 2011-11-01 at 12:14 AM.

20. - Top - End - #110

Ahem:
    Episode 24 of my MP LP:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfN0yRG3too

21. - Top - End - #111
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Landis963 View Post
    Is the episode ready, or have you run into technical difficulties?
    Logistical difficulties. Namely, I am nocturnal. I can't record audio at night without waking people up, so there's a window of time at either end of my day during which I can. I didn't get it done yesterday, and then today was Halloween and I went out to the bar with friends.

I might get it done this morning, but I have to work early tomorrow. It WILL be up, though, as soon as I can finish it.

Iskandar: Sorry about the teleporter confusion. I got stuck there at night, and I couldn't remember the waypoint for spawn. I ended up just hiking out to another teleporter and forgetting the way out there worked, but the way back didn't. Thanks for fixing it for me >.>
    Last edited by Destro_Yersul; 2011-11-01 at 02:51 AM.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

22. - Top - End - #112
    Ettin in the Playground

Ahem:
    Episode 24 of my MP LP:
    1. Why u no put up lights in pitch black areas? >_>

2. That melon farm needs to be spaced out. 12 out of those 18 stalks aren't gonna produce anything.

3. I like how you busted into Zains secret workshop of secrecy on camera, exposing the entrance.
    Mah Badges!
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #113
    Colossus in the Playground

BlackDragon

Logistical difficulties. Namely, I am nocturnal. I can't record audio at night without waking people up

Are you just really, really loud, or is everyone in your house a really light sleeper?

24. - Top - End - #114
    Ogre in the Playground

Ahem:
    Episode 24 of my MP LP:
    It's hardly a trap if it's clearly labeled.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3SecondCultist View Post
    Yeah, DreamingMage honestly thinks he is a god. Over the years, I've found it best just to go with it.
    Spoiler: Things I Once Was But No Longer Entirely Am
    Show

Previous Usernames: DreamingMage, Zeno Desaqqara
    Credit to araveugnitsuga.
    Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

25. - Top - End - #115
    Titan in the Playground

Ahem:
    Episode 24 of my MP LP:
    Really? REALLY?

The lava flow that you saw was accidental (creeper explosion messed up the borders), but it was built by you. You can see the labyrinth project on the minimap. You helped me build the moat itself. You walked literally right past the train station of the rail line that Xeno and I have been building for months, and dismissed it out of hand. You did not go any farther down the Hall of Transport than Shadowmind's new industrial base.

All I ask is that you have some exploratory curiosity. No audience wants to visit the same location twice in a video, much less three separate times.
    Spoiler: Stuff I'm Working On
    Show
    Small Justice

An ongoing web serial about politics, vengeance, and miniature lizards. Go check it out!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeno Desaqqara View Post
    You divine bastard.

"Life is to be lived, not controlled; and humanity is won by continuing to play in the face of certain defeat."

26. - Top - End - #116
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by factotum View Post

Are you just really, really loud, or is everyone in your house a really light sleeper?
    Worse. Light sleepers that insist I'm being loud when I just talk normally. Given that I need to boost the voice recording 150-200% to avoid complaints of being too quiet, I don't think it's me...
    Last edited by Destro_Yersul; 2011-11-01 at 08:26 AM.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

27. - Top - End - #117

Really? REALLY?

The lava flow that you saw was accidental (creeper explosion messed up the borders), but it was built by you. You can see the labyrinth project on the minimap. You helped me build the moat itself. You walked literally right past the train station of the rail line that Xeno and I have been building for months, and dismissed it out of hand. You did not go any farther down the Hall of Transport than Shadowmind's new industrial base.

All I ask is that you have some exploratory curiosity. No audience wants to visit the same location twice in a video, much less three separate times.
    Yo, I covered the rail line two episodes ago, I thought, is the reason why I didn't go further that way. Spawn renovation covered the rail stations, and I know I pointed that section of rail out at least once.

Or at least I thought I did.

I'll go back and recheck, mind, and if I did not you have my apologies. It has gotten somewhat hard to keep track of what is new and what is not.

As for why I didn't get further down the Hall this time, I was trying not to overrun the clock. People complain when I push things past the 30 minute mark.

I will try to cover more in my next episode, though.

28. - Top - End - #118
    Ogre in the Playground

I for one would not complain about an episode running over 30 minutes as long as everything gets covered. Perhaps when you are thinking of making a new video, you could post a day or so ahead of time and everyone can tell you what new stuff they've made that you should cover?
    Yeah, DreamingMage honestly thinks he is a god. Over the years, I've found it best just to go with it.
    Show

Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

29. - Top - End - #119

Basically, if you tell me on Thursday or Friday, it should get covered, as I tend to make these things over the weekend. Or at least I try to.

New episode incoming, and my apologies.

30. - Top - End - #120
    Ogre in the Playground

Sounds good. I will try to remember to post Thursday reminding everyone to reply with lists of stuff to cover. Sound good?
    Show

Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.