New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 45 of 49 FirstFirst ... 20353637383940414243444546474849 LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,350 of 1466
  1. - Top - End - #1321
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Iskandar's Travels in Minecraft: The LP and the MP Server Thread MKII

Would be good. I'm also pondering the option of us running a adventure map or two, just to mix things up. Maybe do another Base Defense, too. (Of course that, as usual, hinges on everyone involved having sufficient amounts of time.)
    Mah Badges!
    Spoiler
    Show

Hey, check out my site. (It has interactive comics, stories and coding efforts.)

2. - Top - End - #1322
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Iskandar's Travels in Minecraft: The LP and the MP Server Thread MKII

Quote Originally Posted by DreamingMage View Post
    Now that I have some free time, I will hopefully be playing on the server more. Part of me is still waiting for the next major update, though.
    Hopefully, the wait won't be too much longer. From what I've heard, most of the major mod developers have taking the opportunity for the MASSIVE rewrites that 1.3 requires to completely overhaul their mods. Making them bigger, faster, better.

For example, EE is going to be moving from a Red Matter standard to a Diamond standard, and it will make things like transmuting renewable resources a lot more difficult, to put a lid on the absurd amount of EE you can set up with minimal output of resources (even without collectors, we're talking about things like cows or darkrooms or mooshrooms). Basically, if it's a renewable resource, it's EMC value is gonna get nerfed hardcore, and EMC values, across the board, will be dropping.

IC2, while normally closed about their changes before they come out, has 'leaked' a complete revamp of the Nuclear mechanics. This is, apparently, to fix two problems: 1) CASUC (Continuously Applied Single-Use Coolant) reactors, which had insane EU output, which the mod authors consider an 'exploit', and 2) Not using CASUC, the Geothermal Generator is more efficient for EU generation, both in terms of one-time costs involved in construction and in maintenance costs.

Forestry... is already out. Check out DW20's mod spotlight, but in general:

1) Forestry machines no longer request power when they don't have something to do

2) Nerf to bee production, but increase to the amount of resources you can make per bee production, so you don't overflow chests with bee products.

3) Alvary, which lets you climate-control your bees

4) Stained Glass from Thermionic Fabricator.

Buildcraft: Rumors of BC machines no longer requesting power when not active, like Forestry machines, are abundant, but unconfirmed. The Hopper gives you a buffer inventory for anything, like say your IC2 machines. Autoarchic Gates, yet another EnderPearl Sink, but it saves you from having to build and activate a redstone engine for every wooden pipe.

So yea, Big Things are in the works... we'll just have to be patient and wait and see.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Underlord View Post
    All hail great Shneekeythulhu! Ia Ia Shneeky fthagn
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quite possibly, the best rebuttal I have ever witnessed.
    Joker Bard - the DM's solution to the Batman Wizard.
    Takahashi no Onisan - The scariest Samurai alive
    Incarnum and YOU: a reference guide
    Soulmelds, by class and slot: Another Incarnum reference
    Multiclassing for Newbies: A reference guide for the rest of us

My homebrew world in progress: Falcora

3. - Top - End - #1323
    Ogre in the Playground

I'll try to find time to be on the server. We still shouldn't update our main minecraft file to the most recent version right?
    My deaths to wolves (or other evil night killers)
    Spoiler
    Show

Spytrap III, Ultimate Kaos II, Monty Python, Twin Village, Invasion of the Zombies: Outbreak, Vampires III

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow
    I think Lamech will make a great Sephiroth.
    A new New York IC OOC

4. - Top - End - #1324
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lamech View Post
    I'll try to find time to be on the server. We still shouldn't update our main minecraft file to the most recent version right?
    Yeah, we're still on 1.2.5. Looks like many mod makers are waiting for 1.4 (The "Pretty Scary Update" around helloween), where the modding API is supposed to come out.
    Last edited by Domochevsky; 2012-09-09 at 12:19 AM.
    Mah Badges!
    Spoiler
    Show

Hey, check out my site. (It has interactive comics, stories and coding efforts.)

5. - Top - End - #1325
    Ettin in the Playground

And then there's this. (In which youtube mangles the quality horribly.)
    Mah Badges!
    Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #1326
    Titan in the Playground

Buildcraft came out with PR7 and Industrialcraft has updated to 1.3.2 as well. The only 'holdout' as far as I am concerned is Redpower2.
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #1327
    Ogre in the Playground

Do we use redpower? Also of note, neat video (haven't seen it all yet though.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spytrap III, Ultimate Kaos II, Monty Python, Twin Village, Invasion of the Zombies: Outbreak, Vampires III

A new New York IC OOC

8. - Top - End - #1328
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ShneekeyTheLost View Post
    Buildcraft came out with PR7 and Industrialcraft has updated to 1.3.2 as well. The only 'holdout' as far as I am concerned is Redpower2.
    The problem here is that MCPortCentral hasn't updated to 1.3.2 yet and subsequently there are no ported mods either. (Since they have to wait for mods to update as well, which is another step on the way.) :/

Not sure they even can update, since they're modifying craftbukkit, which has basically been discontinued due to their developers being part of Mojang now.
    Last edited by Domochevsky; 2012-09-17 at 08:41 PM.
    Mah Badges!
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #1329
    Ogre in the Playground

So that video gets hilarious around 30:00
    Spoiler
    Show

A new New York IC OOC

10. - Top - End - #1330
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Domochevsky View Post
    The problem here is that MCPortCentral hasn't updated to 1.3.2 yet and subsequently there are no ported mods either. (Since they have to wait for mods to update as well, which is another step on the way.) :/

Not sure they even can update, since they're modifying craftbukkit, which has basically been discontinued due to their developers being part of Mojang now.
    Which is why I use SimpleServer mods instead of bukkit.
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #1331
    Ettin in the Playground

And then we did a bunch more Minecraft stuff (two adventure maps, to be exact), which has now finished uploading.

Here you go.

Meanwhile, my thoughts for the server are as following: What is the general opinion on starting fresh with 1.4? Straight up vanilla map from scratch, no porting, no nothing. Probably not even any plugins in the beginning.
    Mah Badges!
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #1332
    Ogre in the Playground

As long as I can get a copy of the old world file once we're done with it, I'd be fine with that.
    Also, post here before you are going to do one of these in the future. I want to join in!
    Last edited by Sen isSaqqara; 2012-10-13 at 01:50 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3SecondCultist View Post
    Yeah, DreamingMage honestly thinks he is a god. Over the years, I've found it best just to go with it.
    Spoiler: Things I Once Was But No Longer Entirely Am
    Show

Previous Usernames: DreamingMage, Zeno Desaqqara
    Credit to araveugnitsuga.
    Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

13. - Top - End - #1333
    Ogre in the Playground

I'd like a copy of the old world map. Although starting over would make sense, I do like the industrial craft and buildcraft mods though...
    Spoiler
    Show

A new New York IC OOC

14. - Top - End - #1334
    Ettin in the Playground

Alright, looks like 1.4.2 is now officially out. I suspect soon we'll take preparations to embark on a completely new world. We should probably do some basic planning on how to go about this. (I'm kinda hoping for one concentrated effort as initial push, recorded via me.)

My personal thoughts:
    - All vanilla in the beginning, later extended via plugins as they become available and necessary

- Going the technology route in general, ie having to build structures to make functions available, like teleporting (via command blocks) and full tree chopping (via mods, when available). That seems to have worked pretty well last time, giving buildings a extra purpose and adding some minor story to this whole deal

- Hard difficulty, because that's pretty scary (until mob adjustment mods are out)

- (this one's the most optional, so i need opinions) a central quad beacon at spawn for some basic protection and to build spawn town around (And to encourage people to stay together and not spread out as crazily, never to be seen again)
    Mah Badges!
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #1335
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm all for most of this, with two exceptions. Tree chopping, should it be possible immediately, should be. It's not tech, it's just basic physics that should be in the game by default anyways.
    Secondly, the beacon. I think we shouldn't start with one. Without teleports, we'll have to stick fairly close together anyways. Besides, having seen how well our last spawn town did, I think we'll be ok.
    Oh, and lastly, when runecraft becomes available again, I for one would far prefer those teleporters to command blocks. Having to wait for an admin to do something for you, like set one of those up, always sucks.
    Yeah, DreamingMage honestly thinks he is a god. Over the years, I've found it best just to go with it.
    Show

Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

16. - Top - End - #1336
    Barbarian in the Playground

So we're going Vannila for 1.4? I'm game. Might be the kick in the arse I need to build something new on the server anyway.

17. - Top - End - #1337
    Ogre in the Playground

It'll be fun to start over. We can truly build something new.
    Spoiler
    Show

A new New York IC OOC

18. - Top - End - #1338
    Ogre in the Playground

Indeed. When do we start? Tomorrow would be best for me if we're trying to all get on at the same time to record it.
    Show

Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

19. - Top - End - #1339

I'm free this (Saturday) morning, but I'm fine doing my setup latter if needed

20. - Top - End - #1340
    Bugbear in the Playground

If this will be straight vanilla, give me a time frame and I might make it. No guarantees, I am, unsurprisingly, somewhat busy the next few days.
    My youtube channel, featuring LPs of Minecraft and various other indie games: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCa98B36NhE0lWNEn3lGc86Q

21. - Top - End - #1341

Spoiler
    Show

This is a chart of the possible trades for our villagers. Also, I am calling dibs on light Industry, that is to say, the farming of wheat, potatoes, carrots as well as the collection and breeding of animals.
    Last edited by Zain; 2012-10-27 at 12:43 PM.

22. - Top - End - #1342
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zain View Post
    Also, I am calling dibs on light Industry, that is to say, the farming of wheat, potatoes, carrots as well as the collection and breeding of animals.
    Hey now... Our economy's headed straight down the drain without a little competition...
    Show

Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

23. - Top - End - #1343
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zain View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

This is a chart of the possible trades for our villagers. Also, I am calling dibs on light Industry, that is to say, the farming of wheat, potatoes, carrots as well as the collection and breeding of animals.
    First we need to find a village. Or make one. The first of which requires luck and exploration, the second of which requires a pretty decent tech base.

Also no. No food monopoly's for you.
    Last edited by Lamech; 2012-10-27 at 06:10 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

A new New York IC OOC

24. - Top - End - #1344
    Ogre in the Playground

So, are we going for tomorrow? Why don't we say 1 or 2 in the afternoon. Is that an agreeable time for everyone?
    Show

Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

25. - Top - End - #1345
    Ettin in the Playground

Lamech, we're gonna make one and call it Spawn Town. We're gonna use native NPC instead of mod NPC to create a settlement, treating them as settlers (and as something to protect from zombies, due to hard mode. ) I suspect we'll have a set of 4 or so with us to start with.

Beacon or no beacon is fine with me either way, but what do you consider "tomorrow" and "afternoon"? What timezone?

(But yeah, ideally i'd like to do this soon-ish.)
    Last edited by Domochevsky; 2012-10-27 at 07:44 PM.
    Mah Badges!
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #1346
    Ogre in the Playground

I was going by Forum Time, as per the bottom of the page. So, 1 or 2 o'clock PM, GMT-4.
    Show

Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

27. - Top - End - #1347
    Ogre in the Playground

I'll be waiting on Mumble for whenever you guys are ready.
    Show

Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

28. - Top - End - #1348

Likewise awaiting the mumble summons.

29. - Top - End - #1349
    Ettin in the Playground

Alright then, we'll start in about an hour or so, once i've eaten breakfast and watched the latest of Iska's XCOM travels. (ep 18... 50 minutes, dude!)
    Mah Badges!
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #1350
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Domochevsky View Post
    Alright then, we'll start in about an hour or so, once i've eaten breakfast and watched the latest of Iska's XCOM travels. (ep 18... 50 minutes, dude!)
    Yeah, sorry about that. As the ufos get larger, it takes an increasingly long time to clear them out.
    My youtube channel, featuring LPs of Minecraft and various other indie games: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCa98B36NhE0lWNEn3lGc86Q