Page 48 of 49 FirstFirst ... 23383940414243444546474849 LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,440 of 1466
  1. - Top - End - #1411
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Iskandar's Travels in Minecraft: The LP and the MP Server Thread MKII

If there's no condensers, then what are you supposed to do with all your cobble now, since that would mean cobble =/= diamonds?

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts The Russkijs Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments Pianos Tumbleweeds Drow Bloodline Half-Drow Noble Lacy Items

2. - Top - End - #1412
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Iskandar's Travels in Minecraft: The LP and the MP Server Thread MKII

Quote Originally Posted by ShneekeyTheLost View Post
    TC3 is... VERY different from TC2. VERY.
    So I've heard. I was not aware that a working version was out yet, though. Nonetheless, EE is still... well... it was so broken beyond belief before that even with the step down it's taken, it's still pretty bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3SecondCultist View Post
    Yeah, DreamingMage honestly thinks he is a god. Over the years, I've found it best just to go with it.
    Spoiler: My Old Avatars, And Other Stuff
    Show

Credit to araveugnitsuga for the sorceror avatar.Credit to DarkCorax for the L Avatar.

Things that Used to be in my Sig:

3. - Top - End - #1413
    Ogre in the Playground

Watch DW20's Forgecraft Server LP. They're both a whole lot less broken now.

Basically, Phil Stones are a lot harder to make, the lesser version only does equal conversions, and there doesn't seem to be any Energy Collectors or Condensers to set up EMC farms with.

TC3 is... VERY different from TC2. VERY.
    Where can I find this LP? All I could dredge up was this... is that it?
    My deaths to wolves (or other evil night killers)
    Spoiler
    Show

Spytrap III, Ultimate Kaos II, Monty Python, Twin Village, Invasion of the Zombies: Outbreak, Vampires III

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow
    I think Lamech will make a great Sephiroth.
    A new New York IC OOC

4. - Top - End - #1414
    Barbarian in the Playground

DrowGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Lamech View Post
    Where can I find this LP? All I could dredge up was this... is that it?
    Nope,
    This is it:Direwolf20's channel.
    I am:
    Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #1415
    Ogre in the Playground

Okay, there we go...
    Spoiler
    Show

Spytrap III, Ultimate Kaos II, Monty Python, Twin Village, Invasion of the Zombies: Outbreak, Vampires III

A new New York IC OOC

6. - Top - End - #1416

Yeah, I'm waiting on a few mods to get added to FTB myself. The nice thing is it is simple to disable the mods you don't wish to use. I would HIGHLY recommend it, it does come in server as well as client flavors, and y'all can hash out what mods from the pack you wish to use. I would recommend keeping mystcraft, btw. Mining ages can keep quarries from making unsightly rectangular holes in the overworld....
    My youtube channel, featuring LPs of Minecraft and various other indie games: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCa98B36NhE0lWNEn3lGc86Q

7. - Top - End - #1417
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Iskandar View Post
    Yeah, I'm waiting on a few mods to get added to FTB myself. The nice thing is it is simple to disable the mods you don't wish to use. I would HIGHLY recommend it, it does come in server as well as client flavors, and y'all can hash out what mods from the pack you wish to use. I would recommend keeping mystcraft, btw. Mining ages can keep quarries from making unsightly rectangular holes in the overworld....
    Mystcraft looks very cool. Nothing like books to teleport around with.
    Spoiler
    Show

A new New York IC OOC

8. - Top - End - #1418
    Titan in the Playground

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post
    If there's no condensers, then what are you supposed to do with all your cobble now, since that would mean cobble =/= diamonds?
    There's several things you can do!

* Build a 1:1 scale of Bowser's Castles, starting with 1-4 and working up (smelt into smoothstone then make stone bricks)

* Recyclers for Scrap

* Macerate/Pulverizer into Sand to be used as flux for your Induction Smelter

* Macerate/Pulverize into Sand and cook into Glass to make sub-oceanic domes!

The possibilities are ENDLESS!!!!

(or just Void Pipe them like the rest of us...)
    Last edited by ShneekeyTheLost; 2012-11-15 at 07:38 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Underlord View Post
    All hail great Shneekeythulhu! Ia Ia Shneeky fthagn
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quite possibly, the best rebuttal I have ever witnessed.
    Joker Bard - the DM's solution to the Batman Wizard.
    Takahashi no Onisan - The scariest Samurai alive
    Incarnum and YOU: a reference guide
    Soulmelds, by class and slot: Another Incarnum reference
    Multiclassing for Newbies: A reference guide for the rest of us

My homebrew world in progress: Falcora

9. - Top - End - #1419

DrowGirl

From FTB, using a Steve's cart could be an alternative to using a quarry. Doing that would avoid leaving massive holes all around the map.
    I am:
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #1420
    Titan in the Playground

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by The Shadowmind View Post
    From FTB, using a Steve's cart could be an alternative to using a quarry. Doing that would avoid leaving massive holes all around the map.
    A Steve's Cart would take VASTLY more resources to create to do the job a Quarry can. Something like a full STACK of Diamonds. Plus fourty-odd minutes real-time to make it.
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #1421

DrowGirl

A Steve's Cart would take VASTLY more resources to create to do the job a Quarry can. Something like a full STACK of Diamonds. Plus fourty-odd minutes real-time to make it.
    You would need:
    Basic Drill, liquid detector, Bridge builder, Torch Placer, Engine, Storage, Railer. With Reinforced hull. Expensive, but not much more that a quarry.
    I am:
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #1422
    Titan in the Playground

BardGuy

You would need:
    Basic Drill, liquid detector, Bridge builder, Torch Placer, Engine, Storage, Railer. With Reinforced hull. Expensive, but not much more that a quarry.
    You're gonna need a heck of a lot more than a basic drill if you're wanting the same output a Quarry has. Basic Drill only drills a 1 wide tunnel. You're gonna want more than that.
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #1423

DrowGirl

You're gonna need a heck of a lot more than a basic drill if you're wanting the same output a Quarry has. Basic Drill only drills a 1 wide tunnel. You're gonna want more than that.
    Basic is a 3 wide tunnel. Hardened is a 5 wide. Iron is probably the 1 wide one.
    How much of dirt and cobble you have to mine before you get to the gold/diamond layers with a quarry?
    I am:
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #1424

Basic is a 3 wide tunnel. Hardened is a 5 wide. Iron is probably the 1 wide one.
    How much of dirt and cobble you have to mine before you get to the gold/diamond layers with a quarry?
    Not much. You just tunnel down first and place it just above the layer you want. Better yet, find a nice ravine.
    Yeah, DreamingMage honestly thinks he is a god. Over the years, I've found it best just to go with it.
    Show

Credit to araveugnitsuga for the sorceror avatar.Credit to DarkCorax for the L Avatar.

15. - Top - End - #1425
    Titan in the Playground

BardGuy

One thing to be wary of with the FTB pack:

GregTech comes with the package, and it borks with some of the IC2 recipies and makes them universally more difficult/expensive. Either remove the mod itself (as I have done), or change the config settings to go back to the original recipies.

GregTech itself is one big huge troll anyways, including everything that people keep whining/suggesting to the IC2 devs that has been shot down hundreds of times (lightning rods, uber lappack, light helm...), and there's really nothing meaningful from the mod itself. Sure, it's got insane power generation methods, but since it increases UU generation Eu consumption by a factor of 100 (Yes, that's right, 100 times more EU to produce UU matter), it's kind of a wash. And the stuff necessary to build them are redonkulous. Like even worse than the GraviSuit.

It brings nothing useful to the table, makes everything more annoying, requires end-game tech just to get started, and in general, is a PITA.

Among some of the default settings:

* Macerators now require 3x diamonds
    * Electric tools now require Railcraft STEEL (which requires a Blast Furnace, which requires blaze rods)
    * aforementioned 100x Eu cost for UU matter
    * moves storage block from the crafting square to the compressor, requiring EU to compress or uncompress blocks of material for easier storage.
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #1426

One thing to be wary of with the FTB pack:

GregTech comes with the package, and it borks with some of the IC2 recipies and makes them universally more difficult/expensive. Either remove the mod itself (as I have done), or change the config settings to go back to the original recipies.

GregTech itself is one big huge troll anyways, including everything that people keep whining/suggesting to the IC2 devs that has been shot down hundreds of times (lightning rods, uber lappack, light helm...), and there's really nothing meaningful from the mod itself. Sure, it's got insane power generation methods, but since it increases UU generation Eu consumption by a factor of 100 (Yes, that's right, 100 times more EU to produce UU matter), it's kind of a wash. And the stuff necessary to build them are redonkulous. Like even worse than the GraviSuit.

It brings nothing useful to the table, makes everything more annoying, requires end-game tech just to get started, and in general, is a PITA.

Among some of the default settings:

* Macerators now require 3x diamonds
    * Electric tools now require Railcraft STEEL (which requires a Blast Furnace, which requires blaze rods)
    * aforementioned 100x Eu cost for UU matter
    * moves storage block from the crafting square to the compressor, requiring EU to compress or uncompress blocks of material for easier storage.
    Agreed. F*** GregTech.
    Last edited by DreamingMage; 2012-11-17 at 11:24 PM.
    Show

17. - Top - End - #1427
    Ogre in the Playground

Bloody hell, they put a mod to troll people in there?
    Spoiler
    Show

A new New York IC OOC

18. - Top - End - #1428
    Titan in the Playground

BardGuy

Bloody hell, they put a mod to troll people in there?
    Well, GregTech was originally a troll mod to shut up everyone who kept pestering Ablanka about certain things... I think it is now presenting itself as an actual mod, and so it got included somehow.

It does lend itself to the classic Feed The Beast Monument Completion challenge, if only because everything in the mod requires a TON of everything to make, and so would make suitable challenges.
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #1429
    Troll in the Playground

The server was updated to 1.4.5. Nothing special about that one.

20. - Top - End - #1430

A friend of mine may be joining the sever. I have given him the link to this thread.

It's not in the capacity for good that you find the measure of a man, it's in their capacity to do evil and their ability to stop themselves to do so.

21. - Top - End - #1431

Good evening, gentlemen. You probably want to know why I've gathered you together here. The reason is simple:
    Like absolutely jack sh*t is happening on the server right now. This situation needs fixing. The problem, I think, is that we need a real challenge. Something huge to work together on. Not a town, where we just end up making our own houses. Not a world where we split unto the ends of the earth and rarely see each other again. Not a highly-railroaded adventure. More like the legendary dome of old. Some of you may not even remember it, but it was a great uniting force for the server. Here's what I propose.
    Firstly, let's keep the current map. Making a new one is sorta annoying.
    Secondly, let's find a huge mountain.
    Third, let's turn that f**ker into a fortress. Anyone see the Hobbit? You know Erebor? We're making it seem simple and insignificant. Anyone know/see the great fortress of Boatmurdered? Nothing but the simplistic delvings of fools and incompetents. The thing we will make will put people in catatonic states simply by how awesome it will be.
    Come on, guys. Let's do this.
    Show

22. - Top - End - #1432

The server is down, and apparently dead. I am not paying upkeep on it currently, if someone else wants to take up the mantle, contact Domo.

Mumble is down, too, probably permanently.
    My youtube channel, featuring LPs of Minecraft and various other indie games: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCa98B36NhE0lWNEn3lGc86Q

23. - Top - End - #1433
    Ogre in the Playground

Hmm... I have a spare computer. Whats involved with running a server on it?
    Spoiler
    Show

A new New York IC OOC

24. - Top - End - #1434

Quite simple, really. Set it up running a server as you normally would, then give it a direct line to the intertubes. This later part will likely take a bit of port-forwarding, but it's easy enough to figure out in time.
    Show

25. - Top - End - #1435
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Iskandar View Post
    The server is down, and apparently dead. I am not paying upkeep on it currently, if someone else wants to take up the mantle, contact Domo.

Mumble is down, too, probably permanently.
    What he said.

I turned the MC-server off and told Iska to stop sending money, since no one was using that thing in months.
    Not sure what is up with mumble, though. I suspect Iska switched that off, too, due to no one using it except me. :/

So yeah. We need a serious resurgence of player interest and someone else doing the upkeep-paying for this project to return. But i don't quite see that happening.

26. - Top - End - #1436
    Titan in the Playground

BardGuy

Is anyone interested in a FTB DirePack Server?
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #1437

Yes, I am because it seems most servers use the Mindcrack pack which includes (which I think we can agree is pretty terrible).
    Last edited by The Underlord; 2013-01-14 at 09:27 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuulvheysoon
    The Underlord, you are clearly awesome.
    Winner of Zinc Saucier 4-The Assassin
    Current avatar by TinyMushroom
    Online gaming stuff
    Spoiler
    Show
    Steam profile: Triginomicon
    TF2 Backpack-http://www.tf2outpost.com/backpack/173057
    Minecraft user name-The_UnderlordITP
    Smite IGN:JoJoMCFroYo

28. - Top - End - #1438
    Ogre in the Playground

If I set up my comp into a server it would probably be FTB. (With gregtech disabled.) Frack Gregtech.
    Spoiler
    Show

A new New York IC OOC

29. - Top - End - #1439
    Titan in the Playground

BardGuy

If I set up my comp into a server it would probably be FTB. (With gregtech disabled.) Frack Gregtech.
    DirePack does not include GregTech.

And yes, GregTech is annoying, however it is actually surprisingly fun once you edit the config files to not keep beating you over the head with Artificial Difficulty. It's got methods for making quite a bit of things into renewable resources if you are willing to spend the time on the infrastructure. Also a method of obtaining steel that doesn't require Nether Fortress drops. Some of the alternate recipes it offers also lets you use RP2 gems instead of diamonds for certain recipes.
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #1440

And this is why the server died. Sigh. Domo, any chance the map with dome is somewhere safe?

Wouldn't mind having that, for remembrances sake.