New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 49 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Iskandar's Travels in Minecraft: The LP and the MP Server Thread MKII

Would be helpful, yeah/ My memory is not always good about what I have covered, and what needs to be, so if I miss anyone, it is not intended as a slight. This will be helpful, and thanks.
    My youtube channel, featuring LPs of Minecraft and various other indie games: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCa98B36NhE0lWNEn3lGc86Q

2. - Top - End - #122

Default Re: Iskandar's Travels in Minecraft: The LP and the MP Server Thread MKII

Episode 25 of SMP LP
    My youtube channel, featuring LPs of Minecraft and various other indie games: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCa98B36NhE0lWNEn3lGc86Q

3. - Top - End - #123
    Ogre in the Playground

For buildcraft, are we working with AC or DC?

Also, how can I tell if my Quarry is working?

EDIT: Never mind, silly questions.
    Last edited by Sen isSaqqara; 2011-11-01 at 10:52 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3SecondCultist View Post
    Yeah, DreamingMage honestly thinks he is a god. Over the years, I've found it best just to go with it.
    Spoiler: Things I Once Was But No Longer Entirely Am
    Show

Previous Usernames: DreamingMage, Zeno Desaqqara
    Credit to araveugnitsuga.
    Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Barbarian in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Iskandar View Post
    Yeah, Tale of Kingdoms came VERY close to being a focus of my SP LP. In the end, I decided that I REALLY didn't want to turn Minecraft into a RTS, nor did I want to focus on fighting quite that much.

Having said that, I'd watch the hell out of a LP of that mod.
    Been looking around... only person who doesn't have a poor mic that is doing an LP of Kingdom is xXSlyFoxHoundXx.
    I find him annoying as all get out though.

5. - Top - End - #125
    Titan in the Playground

This is obnoxious. I want to build an expansion onto the Nether refinery, but there are a million damn Ghasts outside and I can't leave the building without getting blown up. I can see them out there, floating around, taunting me. I have everything I need, but the freaking Ghasts won't leave me alone.
    I used to do LP's. Currently archived here:

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:
    The Great Divide Dark Heresy - Finished
    They All Uprose Dark Heresy - Finished
    Dead in the Water Dark Heresy - Finished
    House of Glass Dark Heresy - Deceased

We All Fall Down Dark Heresy - Finished

Sea of Stars Rogue Trader - Ongoing

6. - Top - End - #126
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Destro_Yersul View Post
    This is obnoxious. I want to build an expansion onto the Nether refinery, but there are a million damn Ghasts outside and I can't leave the building without getting blown up. I can see them out there, floating around, taunting me. I have everything I need, but the freaking Ghasts won't leave me alone.
    Make a lot of arrows. Or a laser. Also that really good powered armor (or just the composite plate armor).
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

7. - Top - End - #127
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
    Make a lot of arrows. Or a laser. Also that really good powered armor (or just the composite plate armor).
    don't have the materials. Everyone else on the server seems to have a huge stash of diamonds to draw from. I've got zip. No diamonds, very little iron, no coal, and no feathers. Coal is easy enough to fix, what with the massive amount of it around, but the rest of it is a bit trickier.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

8. - Top - End - #128
    Titan in the Playground

don't have the materials. Everyone else on the server seems to have a huge stash of diamonds to draw from. I've got zip. No diamonds, very little iron, no coal, and no feathers. Coal is easy enough to fix, what with the massive amount of it around, but the rest of it is a bit trickier.
    I have a lot of iron and coal, we could work out a trade. Industrial Diamonds can be made if you have 64 Coal, 8 Flint, a Macerator, a Compressor, and one of (1 Obsidian, 1 Brick Block, 1 Iron Block). They work as diamonds for everything except Diamond Armor, and cannot be mixed with Diamonds in recipes (you can use one or the other, not a mix of both).

Also, I advise using Charcoal for fuel. IndustrialCraft has a bunch of stuff that requires Coal, and Charcoal doesn't work for that. Better to save your Coal for IC stuff and use Charcoal for furnace-fuel.
    Last edited by Qwertystop; 2011-11-02 at 07:45 AM.
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

9. - Top - End - #129
    Titan in the Playground

I have a lot of iron and coal, we could work out a trade. Industrial Diamonds can be made if you have 64 Coal, 8 Flint, a Macerator, a Compressor, and one of (1 Obsidian, 1 Brick Block, 1 Iron Block). They work as diamonds for everything except Diamond Armor, and cannot be mixed with Diamonds in recipes (you can use one or the other, not a mix of both).

Also, I advise using Charcoal for fuel. IndustrialCraft has a bunch of stuff that requires Coal, and Charcoal doesn't work for that. Better to save your Coal for IC stuff and use Charcoal for furnace-fuel.
    I know. Have you watched my LP at all?

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

10. - Top - End - #130
    Titan in the Playground

I know. Have you watched my LP at all?
    No, actually. Sorry.

I had figured that you didn't know because you said you didn't have any diamonds, but that you didn't really have a problem as far as coal was concerned.
    My Homebrew

11. - Top - End - #131
    Titan in the Playground

No, actually. Sorry.

I had figured that you didn't know because you said you didn't have any diamonds, but that you didn't really have a problem as far as coal was concerned.
    Confusion is understandable, then. In said LP I have many many industrialcraft things. No machine to make industrial diamonds yet, but that's mostly because I have a machine that gets me regular diamonds at a pretty good rate.

Coal is easy to mine out because there's loads of it around. Obsidian I don't have, nor much excess brick. Iron blocks are right out, for the reason that iron is much, much better used for other things.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

12. - Top - End - #132
    Titan in the Playground

Confusion is understandable, then. In said LP I have many many industrialcraft things. No machine to make industrial diamonds yet, but that's mostly because I have a machine that gets me regular diamonds at a pretty good rate.

Coal is easy to mine out because there's loads of it around. Obsidian I don't have, nor much excess brick. Iron blocks are right out, for the reason that iron is much, much better used for other things.
    Ah, okay.

So, what about trading? I assume I understood you correctly when you said you didn't have much iron and coal? I have a lot.
    My Homebrew

13. - Top - End - #133
    Titan in the Playground

I have quite a bit of excess brick, as well as plenty of diamonds, coal and iron. I would also be willing to trade with you.
    Spoiler: Stuff I'm Working On
    Show
    Small Justice

An ongoing web serial about politics, vengeance, and miniature lizards. Go check it out!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeno Desaqqara View Post
    You divine bastard.

"Life is to be lived, not controlled; and humanity is won by continuing to play in the face of certain defeat."

14. - Top - End - #134
    Titan in the Playground

I have quite a bit of excess brick, as well as plenty of diamonds, coal and iron. I would also be willing to trade with you.
    Ah, okay.

So, what about trading? I assume I understood you correctly when you said you didn't have much iron and coal? I have a lot.
    That's right. Dunno what I do have that you'd be interested in, though. I've been hoarding some gold, but most of what I have is pretty easily gathered from community resource areas.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

15. - Top - End - #135
    Titan in the Playground

That's right. Dunno what I do have that you'd be interested in, though. I've been hoarding some gold, but most of what I have is pretty easily gathered from community resource areas.
    Hmm...
    Maybe materials for various IC machines. I've been thinking of making my own workshop, as soon as I can figure out a way to power it. Water mills are weak, and solar panels take up space at ground level. My house is shallowly underground.
    Last edited by Qwertystop; 2011-11-02 at 10:33 AM.
    My Homebrew

16. - Top - End - #136
    Titan in the Playground

I will trade for glass. Lots of glass.

(smooth stone works pretty well too)
    Show
    Small Justice

An ongoing web serial about politics, vengeance, and miniature lizards. Go check it out!

You divine bastard.

"Life is to be lived, not controlled; and humanity is won by continuing to play in the face of certain defeat."

17. - Top - End - #137
    Titan in the Playground

I'll see what I can come up with in the way of trade materials.

Also, Episode7 of the Minecraft LP is complete. MovieMaker is busily compressing it, but I'll upload it to youtube when I wake up. It's kind of a double/triple length episode, though, so if you're going to watch it, clear some time. Also, I really wish I had some epic music to put into it.

But I don't.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

18. - Top - End - #138
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm getting a really slow connection to the server. All my other servers are fine, it's just his one. Anyone have any idea what's going on?
    Yeah, DreamingMage honestly thinks he is a god. Over the years, I've found it best just to go with it.
    Show

Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

19. - Top - End - #139

Just killed the server. Force of habit made me try to refill a steam engine with coal by right clicking it. Mea culpa.

20. - Top - End - #140
    Ogre in the Playground

it's back up. BTW, domo, I keep getting kicked for 'flying' when I am standing still on solid ground. It's getting pretty stupid. Can we just untick the 'ban flying' button? I mean, theres a FLIGHT rune. This just seems to get in the way.
    Show

Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

21. - Top - End - #141
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DreamingMage View Post
    it's back up. BTW, domo, I keep getting kicked for 'flying' when I am standing still on solid ground. It's getting pretty stupid. Can we just untick the 'ban flying' button? I mean, theres a FLIGHT rune. This just seems to get in the way.
    This has happened to me several times as well.
    Show
    Small Justice

You divine bastard.

22. - Top - End - #142

NinjaGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Crossblade View Post
    Been looking around... only person who doesn't have a poor mic that is doing an LP of Kingdom is xXSlyFoxHoundXx.
    I find him annoying as all get out though.
    Correction. Paulsoaresjr may be doing an LP of one. He's good, popular and extremely family friendly.

That's the end of that out of me now.

23. - Top - End - #143
    Ogre in the Playground

Argh. Fell in lava, lost a metric tonne of piping, a macerator, a generator, and several diamond tools. And everything else I was carrying. At least it didn't get my quarry, which is now working on a second hole (the first being a success). Too bad I lost all the red stone in the lava... Anyways, I stashed enough before I left to repay you, 3SC, so where should I leave it?
    Show

Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

24. - Top - End - #144
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DreamingMage View Post
    Argh. Fell in lava, lost a metric tonne of piping, a macerator, a generator, and several diamond tools. And everything else I was carrying. At least it didn't get my quarry, which is now working on a second hole (the first being a success). Too bad I lost all the red stone in the lava... Anyways, I stashed enough before I left to repay you, 3SC, so where should I leave it?
    There is a chest in the supply center of my Estate, in the 'Metallurgy' section. It should be the first chest on your left, as you go in.
    Show
    Small Justice

You divine bastard.

25. - Top - End - #145

NinjaGuy

Destro, saw your 7th video.
    It's a little confusing how you jump between RP and OOC comments. And where did that temple come from? It wasn't there before, was it? New and old world colliding? What's that mean?

And what's up with this Moon being shattered thing? Is that a mod or a texture pack that you're RP'ing?

26. - Top - End - #146
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

It's a little confusing how you jump between RP and OOC comments. And where did that temple come from? It wasn't there before, was it? New and old world colliding? What's that mean?

And what's up with this Moon being shattered thing? Is that a mod or a texture pack that you're RP'ing?
    The shattered moon was alluded to in his first video, I think it's a texture pack he messed with (and thus can change back whenever). However, this dimension-colliding stuff is new.

Given what we heard in the video (this one, the first, and the one with Iskandar's dome making a cameo), what I got is that some calamity happened and some cabal of wizards several - possibly multiple, given the allusion to "lost techniques" - years ago had to literally reboot the world in order to save it. The dimensional exertion, so to speak, caused the moon to undergo the process - then immediately shatter, having come back unstable or trying to occupy the same space as itself or some other error in the spell which wouldn't happen relatively close to the epicenter of the spell but might arrive due to degradation due to deep-space distance (not DEEP deep, but this sentence has gone on too long already). The thing with the ziggurat would be like an old place of power wearing down the enchantments keeping the new world safe, and when they finally failed (due to Destro's influence or not) ziggurat, dungeon, library, and ghast spawner literally impinged itself upon the existing cave system and hillside. It's interesting that it "spawned", so to speak, so close to Destro's existing Nether portal. perhaps there was a similar tear which the mages of the old world used to get to the Nether, where they could harvest glowstone to use in the ziggurat?

Am I overanalyzing this Destro?

27. - Top - End - #147

Um... well then. This will be somewhat anticlimactic after that, but I FINALLY found an iron vein, and now I have my industry moving. A solar flower (partial, 8 of 32 up) hooked to 4 macerator/electric furnaces combos, one pair for copper,tin, iron, and gold. Dump the ore in the appropriate macerator, flip the switch and it will grind it, smelt it, and dump it in the "finished product" chest. Tempted to make some diamond pipe so you can just dump all the ore in one chest and it will automatically sort them out to the appropriate section, but that is a later project.

Quarry is up, and gathering coal. Will move it to the gold when that is done, and then the iron.

Future project is to build a sky base, plus windmills, for my cobble->scrap->uu matter factory, but right now need to set up a few other basic machines first.

28. - Top - End - #148
    Titan in the Playground

First, link for those who need it. Yay, LP: http://youtu.be/AdO4s-FUv0U

Sorry about that. I tried to keep the latest episode as IC as possible, with just that bit at the end about filming being OOC. As far as I can remember. The temple has been there since episode 6, and was created with an excellent utility called MCDungeon.

Quote Originally Posted by Landis963 View Post
    The shattered moon was alluded to in his first video, I think it's a texture pack he messed with (and thus can change back whenever). However, this dimension-colliding stuff is new.

Given what we heard in the video (this one, the first, and the one with Iskandar's dome making a cameo), what I got is that some calamity happened and some cabal of wizards several - possibly multiple, given the allusion to "lost techniques" - years ago had to literally reboot the world in order to save it. The dimensional exertion, so to speak, caused the moon to undergo the process - then immediately shatter, having come back unstable or trying to occupy the same space as itself or some other error in the spell which wouldn't happen relatively close to the epicenter of the spell but might arrive due to degradation due to deep-space distance (not DEEP deep, but this sentence has gone on too long already). The thing with the ziggurat would be like an old place of power wearing down the enchantments keeping the new world safe, and when they finally failed (due to Destro's influence or not) ziggurat, dungeon, library, and ghast spawner literally impinged itself upon the existing cave system and hillside. It's interesting that it "spawned", so to speak, so close to Destro's existing Nether portal. perhaps there was a similar tear which the mages of the old world used to get to the Nether, where they could harvest glowstone to use in the ziggurat?

Am I overanalyzing this Destro?
    That's about what I was going for, so no, you aren't. Hopefully the plot I'm running with will become more clear in time.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

29. - Top - End - #149
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

That's about what I was going for, so no, you aren't. Hopefully the plot I'm running with will become more clear in time.
    Did the glyphs and patterns on the floor have any significance? Also, are there any plans to upgrade to 1.8/1.9, once the mods allow?
    Last edited by Landis963; 2011-11-03 at 09:56 AM.

30. - Top - End - #150
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Landis963 View Post
    Did the glyphs and patterns on the floor have any significance? Also, are there any plans to upgrade to 1.8/1.9, once the mods allow?
    The mods may never allow. SDK's guns has yet to update for 1.8. If the stars align and everything ends up working together with 1.8/1.9, maybe, but likely this will remain 1.7.3. Especially since I think 1.8 EE has been tweaked to break my magic iron generator.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games: