Page 6 of 49 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 180 of 1466
  1. Top - End - #151
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Therinos
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Iskandar's Travels in Minecraft: The LP and the MP Server Thread MKII

    Quote Originally Posted by Destro_Yersul View Post
    The mods may never allow. SDK's guns has yet to update for 1.8. If the stars align and everything ends up working together with 1.8/1.9, maybe, but likely this will remain 1.7.3. Especially since I think 1.8 EE has been tweaked to break my magic iron generator.
    I notice you dodged the question about the glyphs on the floor.

  2. Top - End - #152
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Destro_Yersul's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    sector ZZ9 plural-z alpha
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Iskandar's Travels in Minecraft: The LP and the MP Server Thread MKII

    Quote Originally Posted by Landis963 View Post
    I notice you dodged the question about the glyphs on the floor.
    What glyphs? I didn't see any glyphs. >.>
    I do LP's sometimes! I'm currently playing Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft, and XCOM: Enemy Within

    My Youtube Channel

    The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Avatar by Vael

    My Games:
    The Great Divide Dark Heresy - Finished
    They All Uprose Dark Heresy - Ongoing

    Greed is Good, an adventure in breaking Wealth By Level. D&D 3.5 E6 - Ongoing


  3. Top - End - #153
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    DrowGirl

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: Iskandar's Travels in Minecraft: The LP and the MP Server Thread MKII

    New single player episode of Iskandar is up:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-3hu...&feature=feedu
    I am:
    Spoiler
    Show




  4. Top - End - #154
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Domochevsky's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Germany (North)

    Default Re: Iskandar's Travels in Minecraft: The LP and the MP Server Thread MKII

    The "getting kicked due to flying" should be fixed now. Apparently performance plugins that keep chunks loaded don't quite communicate this to bukkit as a whole. (Causing part of the server to think you're floating around in chunks that have been unloaded except they haven't.)

  5. Top - End - #155
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Iskandar's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Iskandar's Travels in Minecraft: The LP and the MP Server Thread MKII

    Quote Originally Posted by The Shadowmind View Post
    New single player episode of Iskandar is up:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-3hu...&feature=feedu
    Thank you Shadow. I uploaded it and then headed tp the gym while it processed.

    Fun episode, really.

    MP episode coming tomorrow.
    My youtube channel, featuring LPs of Minecraft and various other indie games: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCa98B36NhE0lWNEn3lGc86Q

  6. Top - End - #156
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Therinos
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Iskandar's Travels in Minecraft: The LP and the MP Server Thread MKII

    Quote Originally Posted by Destro_Yersul View Post
    What glyphs? I didn't see any glyphs. >.>
    Fine, I'll just do a self-satisfied happy dance here in the corner ("I found a plooooot point! I found a ploooot point!") and drop the matter. However, I thought of another question - how did (OOC) you get the ziggurat in there? One of my friends, when I mentioned the matter, suggested that IndustrialCraft (IIRC) had some way you could build walls, dungeons, pyramids, etc. - did you use that? Or was it hacked in/transferred from another minecraft world?

  7. Top - End - #157
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Iskandar's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Iskandar's Travels in Minecraft: The LP and the MP Server Thread MKII

    Destro, this is overdue, really, but if you'll give me a link to the playlist that contains your videos, I'll put it in the first post, that way people can find it easily.
    My youtube channel, featuring LPs of Minecraft and various other indie games: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCa98B36NhE0lWNEn3lGc86Q

  8. Top - End - #158
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    ElfRangerGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Imagination Land
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Iskandar's Travels in Minecraft: The LP and the MP Server Thread MKII

    Iskandar, that gap in the stonecutter's house isn't Endermen damage. That's just how the guy built it.



    Also, this may be a moot point since I'm unlikely to be joining you guys in the industrial revolution, but I don't think I've ever seen any of my stuff on your multiplayer videos. The castle construction site and the bridge I built between my two islands are probably worth a flyby at least.
    "Nothing you can't spell will ever work." - Will Rogers

    "What you must learn is that these rules are no different than the rules of a computer system. Some of them can be bent. Others can be broken." - Morpheus, The Matrix

    Quote Originally Posted by Krellen View Post
    Remember, Evil isn't "selfish". It's Evil. "Look out for number one" is a Neutral attitude. Evil looks out for number one while crushing number two.

  9. Top - End - #159
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    DreamingMage's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Sometimes, places.

    Default Re: Iskandar's Travels in Minecraft: The LP and the MP Server Thread MKII

    Since Iskandar plans another MP LP tomorrow, perhaps we should form a list of things put up since last time / yet to be covered.

    For myself, I have my main house, my mines (see if you can find the secret hidden in them) and my Quarry Complex (South of the explorator's outpost).
    Quote Originally Posted by 3SecondCultist View Post
    Yeah, DreamingMage honestly thinks he is a god. Over the years, I've found it best just to go with it.
    Spoiler: My Old Avatars, And Other Stuff
    Show

    Credit to araveugnitsuga for the sorceror avatar.Credit to DarkCorax for the L Avatar.


    Things that Used to be in my Sig:



  10. Top - End - #160
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    3SecondCultist's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Beyond being
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Iskandar's Travels in Minecraft: The LP and the MP Server Thread MKII

    List of stuff for Iskandar to see in the LP:
    - Awesome Guy's base
    - Awesome Guy's Castle project
    - Master's Quarry site (very last teleporter on your left in the Hall)
    - Xenowrath's house and mines
    - Xenowrath's explorator's outpost and quarry site
    - 3SecondCultist's Estate

    These are the approximate server names. If I have missed anyone's project (not sure what Shadowmind and Zain have been doing), then I hope that Iskandar stumbles on them by accident. Also, when I say see, I mean actually explore. Don't just fly over it and claim you saw it on camera, so it's checked off your list. I know Xeno's house has some ridiculously intricate mines, and I think that Awesome Guy's castle is going to be cool (I mean, someone who fortifies an island is obviously insane, but that doesn't mean it can't be amazing at the same time. )
    Quote Originally Posted by DreamingMage View Post
    You divine bastard.
    Spoiler: My Profile
    Show

    Current Games:
    - Death's End (DM)
    - Reincarnation Wars (Alexander Idrian)

    - Tales of Azhahad (Sylvia Inkweaver)

    Many thanks to Ceika for the new avatar!


    "The philosophers have only interpreted the world in various ways; the point is to change it."

  11. Top - End - #161
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    ElfRangerGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Imagination Land
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Iskandar's Travels in Minecraft: The LP and the MP Server Thread MKII

    Well, the castle itself isn't much more than the foundations right now, plus a farm. I did spend a lot of time working on the bridge, though.
    Last edited by KillianHawkeye; 2011-11-03 at 08:42 PM.
    "Nothing you can't spell will ever work." - Will Rogers

    "What you must learn is that these rules are no different than the rules of a computer system. Some of them can be bent. Others can be broken." - Morpheus, The Matrix

    Quote Originally Posted by Krellen View Post
    Remember, Evil isn't "selfish". It's Evil. "Look out for number one" is a Neutral attitude. Evil looks out for number one while crushing number two.

  12. Top - End - #162
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    DreamingMage's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Sometimes, places.

    Default Re: Iskandar's Travels in Minecraft: The LP and the MP Server Thread MKII

    Perhaps we should supply Coords for those sites that aren't readily apparent.

    For example, my Quarry is at approx. 193, 1837
    Quote Originally Posted by 3SecondCultist View Post
    Yeah, DreamingMage honestly thinks he is a god. Over the years, I've found it best just to go with it.
    Spoiler: My Old Avatars, And Other Stuff
    Show

    Credit to araveugnitsuga for the sorceror avatar.Credit to DarkCorax for the L Avatar.


    Things that Used to be in my Sig:



  13. Top - End - #163
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    ElfRangerGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Imagination Land
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Iskandar's Travels in Minecraft: The LP and the MP Server Thread MKII

    I don't know the coordinates and can't get on to check, but my islands are basically just a bit due east of Iskandar's dragon (across the ocean).
    "Nothing you can't spell will ever work." - Will Rogers

    "What you must learn is that these rules are no different than the rules of a computer system. Some of them can be bent. Others can be broken." - Morpheus, The Matrix

    Quote Originally Posted by Krellen View Post
    Remember, Evil isn't "selfish". It's Evil. "Look out for number one" is a Neutral attitude. Evil looks out for number one while crushing number two.

  14. Top - End - #164
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    DrowGirl

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: Iskandar's Travels in Minecraft: The LP and the MP Server Thread MKII

    I'd like a quick revisit to my modernized house, since I've made a few important changes. But, it you become strapped for time then skipping over it is okay.
    I am:
    Spoiler
    Show




  15. Top - End - #165
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Destro_Yersul's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    sector ZZ9 plural-z alpha
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Iskandar's Travels in Minecraft: The LP and the MP Server Thread MKII

    Quote Originally Posted by Landis963 View Post
    Fine, I'll just do a self-satisfied happy dance here in the corner ("I found a plooooot point! I found a ploooot point!") and drop the matter. However, I thought of another question - how did (OOC) you get the ziggurat in there? One of my friends, when I mentioned the matter, suggested that IndustrialCraft (IIRC) had some way you could build walls, dungeons, pyramids, etc. - did you use that? Or was it hacked in/transferred from another minecraft world?
    Quote Originally Posted by Destro_Yersul View Post
    The temple has been there since episode 6, and was created with an excellent utility called MCDungeon.
    Believe this ought to answer your question. I used a utility to generate it procedurally. Which means that, going into that thing, I honestly had no idea what I was going to find down there. Just a general idea of what I could find.

    Quote Originally Posted by Iskandar View Post
    Destro, this is overdue, really, but if you'll give me a link to the playlist that contains your videos, I'll put it in the first post, that way people can find it easily.
    Here ye go, Iskandar: Yon Playlist
    Last edited by Destro_Yersul; 2011-11-04 at 08:52 AM.
    I do LP's sometimes! I'm currently playing Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft, and XCOM: Enemy Within

    My Youtube Channel

    The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Avatar by Vael

    My Games:
    The Great Divide Dark Heresy - Finished
    They All Uprose Dark Heresy - Ongoing

    Greed is Good, an adventure in breaking Wealth By Level. D&D 3.5 E6 - Ongoing


  16. Top - End - #166
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    NinjaGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    New Brunswick, Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Iskandar's Travels in Minecraft: The LP and the MP Server Thread MKII

    Still no answer on Destro's Moon commentary from Ep 1.
    Though I went looking; and found it was in a Painterly skin. But the reasons I asked is because there IS a MOON MOD. (Yogscast, of course covered it. My gf loved the Sonic Screwdriver included in the mod)

    But, throw in a dungeon and some decent acting and no one would know the difference.
    Proud watcher of Iskandar's Travel / Let's Plays
    I even have my own Let's Play channel.

  17. Top - End - #167
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Therinos
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Iskandar's Travels in Minecraft: The LP and the MP Server Thread MKII

    Quote Originally Posted by Crossblade View Post
    Still no answer on Destro's Moon commentary from Ep 1.
    Though I went looking; and found it was in a Painterly skin. But the reasons I asked is because there IS a MOON MOD. (Yogscast, of course covered it. My gf loved the Sonic Screwdriver included in the mod)
    Maybe it was in ep. 2, all I remember now is that he mentioned in passing that "Oh, BTW, the moon's destroyed."

    Quote Originally Posted by Crossblade View Post
    But, throw in a dungeon and some decent acting and no one would know the difference.
    You'd have to explain the strange texture of the moon portal, although it could easily be "moonstone" or something like that.
    Last edited by Landis963; 2011-11-04 at 04:38 PM.

  18. Top - End - #168
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Therinos
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Iskandar's Travels in Minecraft: The LP and the MP Server Thread MKII

    Quote Originally Posted by Landis963 View Post
    Maybe it was in ep. 2, all I remember now is that he mentioned in passing that "Oh, BTW, the moon's destroyed."
    Just checked, at ~5:26 episode 2, IC!Destro says: "Yeah... the shattered moon. ...That is an unfortunate result of too much magic." So now you know.

  19. Top - End - #169
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    NinjaGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    New Brunswick, Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Iskandar's Travels in Minecraft: The LP and the MP Server Thread MKII

    Quote Originally Posted by Landis963 View Post
    You'd have to explain the strange texture of the moon portal, although it could easily be "moonstone" or something like that.
    He'd build the moon portal at the end of one episode, just like the mod dictates. Stop his recording, go into the portal to generate the moon area, do whatever he needs to do to get a dungeon on the moon. Leave moon, start recording, jump through portal again, act up some magic on his next video, then edit texture pack.

    But that's really more Paulsoaresjr/Yogscast style of things than Destro's style.
    Proud watcher of Iskandar's Travel / Let's Plays
    I even have my own Let's Play channel.

  20. Top - End - #170
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Zain's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    North Vancouver
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Iskandar's Travels in Minecraft: The LP and the MP Server Thread MKII

    Right, I would like to announce a new Zail Crop project, Codenamed Rainfall.

    It's a nuclear reactor, available to anyone who will help by donating either Uranium or advanced alloys.
    Avatar by Elder Tsofu

    It's not in the capacity for good that you find the measure of a man, it's in their capacity to do evil and their ability to stop themselves to do so.

  21. Top - End - #171
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Therinos
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Iskandar's Travels in Minecraft: The LP and the MP Server Thread MKII

    Quote Originally Posted by Crossblade View Post
    He'd build the moon portal at the end of one episode, just like the mod dictates. Stop his recording, go into the portal to generate the moon area, do whatever he needs to do to get a dungeon on the moon. Leave moon, start recording, jump through portal again, act up some magic on his next video, then edit texture pack.

    But that's really more Paulsoaresjr/Yogscast style of things than Destro's style.
    If he wanted to do the moon mod, he'd either do that, to simulate a thriving moon economy of the old world that was, naturally, destroyed along with the moon, or he'd fix the moon, set up the portal, go through hoping to find the above, but instead find nothing. I was just referring to the fact that he'll need to fix the texture of the cheese block, or just refer to it as "moonstone" as a handwave.

  22. Top - End - #172
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    DreamingMage's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Sometimes, places.

    Default Re: Iskandar's Travels in Minecraft: The LP and the MP Server Thread MKII

    I would like to announce that, in order to prove our worth, My corporation (as of yet unnamed) has begun project Pillage and Destroy. It is taking place just south of the Explorator's Outpost (south of project Rainfall). Try not to step in any holes looking around.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3SecondCultist View Post
    Yeah, DreamingMage honestly thinks he is a god. Over the years, I've found it best just to go with it.
    Spoiler: My Old Avatars, And Other Stuff
    Show

    Credit to araveugnitsuga for the sorceror avatar.Credit to DarkCorax for the L Avatar.


    Things that Used to be in my Sig:



  23. Top - End - #173
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Zain's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    North Vancouver
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Iskandar's Travels in Minecraft: The LP and the MP Server Thread MKII

    Also Related, The sever seems to be down, no idea why.
    Avatar by Elder Tsofu

    It's not in the capacity for good that you find the measure of a man, it's in their capacity to do evil and their ability to stop themselves to do so.

  24. Top - End - #174
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Iskandar's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Iskandar's Travels in Minecraft: The LP and the MP Server Thread MKII

    Ok, quick request. A lot of you have been using quarries. Some of you have been using MULTIPLE quarries.

    Please, please tidy up after yourselves. No orange gantries, no big square holes in the ground, if you wouldn't mind.
    My youtube channel, featuring LPs of Minecraft and various other indie games: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCa98B36NhE0lWNEn3lGc86Q

  25. Top - End - #175
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    NinjaGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    New Brunswick, Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Iskandar's Travels in Minecraft: The LP and the MP Server Thread MKII

    Quote Originally Posted by Iskandar View Post
    Please, please tidy up after yourselves. No orange gantries, no big square holes in the ground, if you wouldn't mind.
    I'm not on the server, I don't use the mod; but a VERY good idea would be to NOT use 1 layer of dirt to cover them up. Creepers can blast through several layers of dirt and/or cobblestone.
    You wouldn't want to be jumped by a creeper and discover someone had a quarry where you're now falling 63+ layers down to bedrock after surviving a creeper explosion. Don't let it happen to someone else.
    Last edited by Crossblade; 2011-11-05 at 07:16 AM.
    Proud watcher of Iskandar's Travel / Let's Plays
    I even have my own Let's Play channel.

  26. Top - End - #176
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Black_Pants_Guy's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Under your bed. :P
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Iskandar's Travels in Minecraft: The LP and the MP Server Thread MKII

    Quote Originally Posted by Crossblade View Post
    ~snip~
    This man has a point.
    Last edited by Black_Pants_Guy; 2011-11-05 at 07:46 AM.
    Avatar by Serpentine.

    Spoiler
    Show

    BlackPantsBarbarian by Crimmy

  27. Top - End - #177
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Destro_Yersul's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    sector ZZ9 plural-z alpha
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Iskandar's Travels in Minecraft: The LP and the MP Server Thread MKII

    Quote Originally Posted by Crossblade View Post
    I'm not on the server, I don't use the mod; but a VERY good idea would be to NOT use 1 layer of dirt to cover them up. Creepers can blast through several layers of dirt and/or cobblestone.
    You wouldn't want to be jumped by a creeper and discover someone had a quarry where you're now falling 63+ layers down to bedrock after surviving a creeper explosion. Don't let it happen to someone else.
    I believe the limit to what creepers can blast through is one layer of cobble. Two layers of cobble and an aesthetic layer of dirt should serve to cover up any quarry holes without risk. Anyone digging straight down to find out what's under the cobble, well, falling is their own fault then.
    I do LP's sometimes! I'm currently playing Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft, and XCOM: Enemy Within

    My Youtube Channel

    The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Avatar by Vael

    My Games:
    The Great Divide Dark Heresy - Finished
    They All Uprose Dark Heresy - Ongoing

    Greed is Good, an adventure in breaking Wealth By Level. D&D 3.5 E6 - Ongoing


  28. Top - End - #178
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    3SecondCultist's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Beyond being
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Iskandar's Travels in Minecraft: The LP and the MP Server Thread MKII

    Quote Originally Posted by Destro_Yersul View Post
    I believe the limit to what creepers can blast through is one layer of cobble. Two layers of cobble and an aesthetic layer of dirt should serve to cover up any quarry holes without risk. Anyone digging straight down to find out what's under the cobble, well, falling is their own fault then.
    Of course, a better alternative is to fill up the quarry with water. It doesn't take too long with a pump, or even just some buckets.
    Quote Originally Posted by DreamingMage View Post
    You divine bastard.
    Spoiler: My Profile
    Show

    Current Games:
    - Death's End (DM)
    - Reincarnation Wars (Alexander Idrian)

    - Tales of Azhahad (Sylvia Inkweaver)

    Many thanks to Ceika for the new avatar!


    "The philosophers have only interpreted the world in various ways; the point is to change it."

  29. Top - End - #179
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    DreamingMage's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Sometimes, places.

    Default Re: Iskandar's Travels in Minecraft: The LP and the MP Server Thread MKII

    I have a plan for my quarries. Making the holes is only the first stage.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3SecondCultist View Post
    Yeah, DreamingMage honestly thinks he is a god. Over the years, I've found it best just to go with it.
    Spoiler: My Old Avatars, And Other Stuff
    Show

    Credit to araveugnitsuga for the sorceror avatar.Credit to DarkCorax for the L Avatar.


    Things that Used to be in my Sig:



  30. Top - End - #180
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Zain's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    North Vancouver
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Iskandar's Travels in Minecraft: The LP and the MP Server Thread MKII

    Project Rainfall is underway, with the configurations being picked. We'll probably need a breeder config, as well as a power setting.
    Avatar by Elder Tsofu

    It's not in the capacity for good that you find the measure of a man, it's in their capacity to do evil and their ability to stop themselves to do so.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •