New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 49 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Default Re: Iskandar's Travels in Minecraft: The LP and the MP Server Thread MKII

Quote Originally Posted by Destro_Yersul View Post
    The mods may never allow. SDK's guns has yet to update for 1.8. If the stars align and everything ends up working together with 1.8/1.9, maybe, but likely this will remain 1.7.3. Especially since I think 1.8 EE has been tweaked to break my magic iron generator.
    I notice you dodged the question about the glyphs on the floor.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Iskandar's Travels in Minecraft: The LP and the MP Server Thread MKII

Quote Originally Posted by Landis963 View Post
    I notice you dodged the question about the glyphs on the floor.
    What glyphs? I didn't see any glyphs. >.>
    I used to do LP's. Currently archived here:

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:
    The Great Divide Dark Heresy - Finished
    They All Uprose Dark Heresy - Finished
    Dead in the Water Dark Heresy - Finished
    House of Glass Dark Heresy - Deceased

We All Fall Down Dark Heresy - Finished

Sea of Stars Rogue Trader - Ongoing

3. - Top - End - #153
    Bugbear in the Playground

BlackDragon

New single player episode of Iskandar is up:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-3hu...&feature=feedu
    I am:
    Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #154
    Ettin in the Playground

The "getting kicked due to flying" should be fixed now. Apparently performance plugins that keep chunks loaded don't quite communicate this to bukkit as a whole. (Causing part of the server to think you're floating around in chunks that have been unloaded except they haven't.)
    Mah Badges!
    Spoiler
    Show

Hey, check out my site. (It has interactive comics, stories and coding efforts.)

5. - Top - End - #155

Quote Originally Posted by The Shadowmind View Post
    New single player episode of Iskandar is up:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-3hu...&feature=feedu
    Thank you Shadow. I uploaded it and then headed tp the gym while it processed.

Fun episode, really.

MP episode coming tomorrow.
    My youtube channel, featuring LPs of Minecraft and various other indie games: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCa98B36NhE0lWNEn3lGc86Q

6. - Top - End - #156
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

What glyphs? I didn't see any glyphs. >.>
    Fine, I'll just do a self-satisfied happy dance here in the corner ("I found a plooooot point! I found a ploooot point!") and drop the matter. However, I thought of another question - how did (OOC) you get the ziggurat in there? One of my friends, when I mentioned the matter, suggested that IndustrialCraft (IIRC) had some way you could build walls, dungeons, pyramids, etc. - did you use that? Or was it hacked in/transferred from another minecraft world?

7. - Top - End - #157

Destro, this is overdue, really, but if you'll give me a link to the playlist that contains your videos, I'll put it in the first post, that way people can find it easily.
    My youtube channel, featuring LPs of Minecraft and various other indie games: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCa98B36NhE0lWNEn3lGc86Q

8. - Top - End - #158
    Titan in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Iskandar, that gap in the stonecutter's house isn't Endermen damage. That's just how the guy built it.

Also, this may be a moot point since I'm unlikely to be joining you guys in the industrial revolution, but I don't think I've ever seen any of my stuff on your multiplayer videos. The castle construction site and the bridge I built between my two islands are probably worth a flyby at least.
    "Nothing you can't spell will ever work." - Will Rogers

Watch me draw and swear at video games.

9. - Top - End - #159
    Ogre in the Playground

Since Iskandar plans another MP LP tomorrow, perhaps we should form a list of things put up since last time / yet to be covered.

For myself, I have my main house, my mines (see if you can find the secret hidden in them) and my Quarry Complex (South of the explorator's outpost).
    Quote Originally Posted by 3SecondCultist View Post
    Yeah, DreamingMage honestly thinks he is a god. Over the years, I've found it best just to go with it.
    Spoiler: Things I Once Was But No Longer Entirely Am
    Show

Previous Usernames: DreamingMage, Zeno Desaqqara
    Credit to araveugnitsuga.
    Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

10. - Top - End - #160
    Titan in the Playground

List of stuff for Iskandar to see in the LP:
    - Awesome Guy's base
    - Awesome Guy's Castle project
    - Master's Quarry site (very last teleporter on your left in the Hall)
    - Xenowrath's house and mines
    - Xenowrath's explorator's outpost and quarry site
    - 3SecondCultist's Estate

These are the approximate server names. If I have missed anyone's project (not sure what Shadowmind and Zain have been doing), then I hope that Iskandar stumbles on them by accident. Also, when I say see, I mean actually explore. Don't just fly over it and claim you saw it on camera, so it's checked off your list. I know Xeno's house has some ridiculously intricate mines, and I think that Awesome Guy's castle is going to be cool (I mean, someone who fortifies an island is obviously insane, but that doesn't mean it can't be amazing at the same time. )
    Spoiler: Stuff I'm Working On
    Show
    Small Justice

An ongoing web serial about politics, vengeance, and miniature lizards. Go check it out!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeno Desaqqara View Post
    You divine bastard.

"Life is to be lived, not controlled; and humanity is won by continuing to play in the face of certain defeat."

11. - Top - End - #161
    Titan in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Well, the castle itself isn't much more than the foundations right now, plus a farm. I did spend a lot of time working on the bridge, though.
    Last edited by KillianHawkeye; 2011-11-03 at 08:42 PM.

12. - Top - End - #162
    Ogre in the Playground

Perhaps we should supply Coords for those sites that aren't readily apparent.

For example, my Quarry is at approx. 193, 1837
    Yeah, DreamingMage honestly thinks he is a god. Over the years, I've found it best just to go with it.
    Show

Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

13. - Top - End - #163
    Titan in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

I don't know the coordinates and can't get on to check, but my islands are basically just a bit due east of Iskandar's dragon (across the ocean).

14. - Top - End - #164

BlackDragon

I'd like a quick revisit to my modernized house, since I've made a few important changes. But, it you become strapped for time then skipping over it is okay.
    I am:
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #165
    Titan in the Playground

Fine, I'll just do a self-satisfied happy dance here in the corner ("I found a plooooot point! I found a ploooot point!") and drop the matter. However, I thought of another question - how did (OOC) you get the ziggurat in there? One of my friends, when I mentioned the matter, suggested that IndustrialCraft (IIRC) had some way you could build walls, dungeons, pyramids, etc. - did you use that? Or was it hacked in/transferred from another minecraft world?
    The temple has been there since episode 6, and was created with an excellent utility called MCDungeon.
    Believe this ought to answer your question. I used a utility to generate it procedurally. Which means that, going into that thing, I honestly had no idea what I was going to find down there. Just a general idea of what I could find.

Quote Originally Posted by Iskandar View Post
    Destro, this is overdue, really, but if you'll give me a link to the playlist that contains your videos, I'll put it in the first post, that way people can find it easily.
    Here ye go, Iskandar: Yon Playlist
    Last edited by Destro_Yersul; 2011-11-04 at 08:52 AM.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

16. - Top - End - #166
    Barbarian in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Still no answer on Destro's Moon commentary from Ep 1.
    Though I went looking; and found it was in a Painterly skin. But the reasons I asked is because there IS a MOON MOD. (Yogscast, of course covered it. My gf loved the Sonic Screwdriver included in the mod)

But, throw in a dungeon and some decent acting and no one would know the difference.

17. - Top - End - #167
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Crossblade View Post
    Still no answer on Destro's Moon commentary from Ep 1.
    Though I went looking; and found it was in a Painterly skin. But the reasons I asked is because there IS a MOON MOD. (Yogscast, of course covered it. My gf loved the Sonic Screwdriver included in the mod)
    Maybe it was in ep. 2, all I remember now is that he mentioned in passing that "Oh, BTW, the moon's destroyed."

But, throw in a dungeon and some decent acting and no one would know the difference.
    You'd have to explain the strange texture of the moon portal, although it could easily be "moonstone" or something like that.
    Last edited by Landis963; 2011-11-04 at 04:38 PM.

18. - Top - End - #168
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Maybe it was in ep. 2, all I remember now is that he mentioned in passing that "Oh, BTW, the moon's destroyed."
    Just checked, at ~5:26 episode 2, IC!Destro says: "Yeah... the shattered moon. ...That is an unfortunate result of too much magic." So now you know.

19. - Top - End - #169

NinjaGuy

You'd have to explain the strange texture of the moon portal, although it could easily be "moonstone" or something like that.
    He'd build the moon portal at the end of one episode, just like the mod dictates. Stop his recording, go into the portal to generate the moon area, do whatever he needs to do to get a dungeon on the moon. Leave moon, start recording, jump through portal again, act up some magic on his next video, then edit texture pack.

But that's really more Paulsoaresjr/Yogscast style of things than Destro's style.

20. - Top - End - #170

Right, I would like to announce a new Zail Crop project, Codenamed Rainfall.

It's a nuclear reactor, available to anyone who will help by donating either Uranium or advanced alloys.

21. - Top - End - #171
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

He'd build the moon portal at the end of one episode, just like the mod dictates. Stop his recording, go into the portal to generate the moon area, do whatever he needs to do to get a dungeon on the moon. Leave moon, start recording, jump through portal again, act up some magic on his next video, then edit texture pack.

But that's really more Paulsoaresjr/Yogscast style of things than Destro's style.
    If he wanted to do the moon mod, he'd either do that, to simulate a thriving moon economy of the old world that was, naturally, destroyed along with the moon, or he'd fix the moon, set up the portal, go through hoping to find the above, but instead find nothing. I was just referring to the fact that he'll need to fix the texture of the cheese block, or just refer to it as "moonstone" as a handwave.

22. - Top - End - #172
    Ogre in the Playground

I would like to announce that, in order to prove our worth, My corporation (as of yet unnamed) has begun project Pillage and Destroy. It is taking place just south of the Explorator's Outpost (south of project Rainfall). Try not to step in any holes looking around.
    Show

Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

23. - Top - End - #173

Also Related, The sever seems to be down, no idea why.

24. - Top - End - #174

Ok, quick request. A lot of you have been using quarries. Some of you have been using MULTIPLE quarries.

Please, please tidy up after yourselves. No orange gantries, no big square holes in the ground, if you wouldn't mind.

25. - Top - End - #175

NinjaGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Iskandar View Post
    Please, please tidy up after yourselves. No orange gantries, no big square holes in the ground, if you wouldn't mind.
    I'm not on the server, I don't use the mod; but a VERY good idea would be to NOT use 1 layer of dirt to cover them up. Creepers can blast through several layers of dirt and/or cobblestone.
    You wouldn't want to be jumped by a creeper and discover someone had a quarry where you're now falling 63+ layers down to bedrock after surviving a creeper explosion. Don't let it happen to someone else.
    Last edited by Crossblade; 2011-11-05 at 07:16 AM.

26. - Top - End - #176

ElfPirate

~snip~
    This man has a point.
    Last edited by SilverSheriff; 2011-11-05 at 07:46 AM.

27. - Top - End - #177
    Titan in the Playground

I'm not on the server, I don't use the mod; but a VERY good idea would be to NOT use 1 layer of dirt to cover them up. Creepers can blast through several layers of dirt and/or cobblestone.
    You wouldn't want to be jumped by a creeper and discover someone had a quarry where you're now falling 63+ layers down to bedrock after surviving a creeper explosion. Don't let it happen to someone else.
    I believe the limit to what creepers can blast through is one layer of cobble. Two layers of cobble and an aesthetic layer of dirt should serve to cover up any quarry holes without risk. Anyone digging straight down to find out what's under the cobble, well, falling is their own fault then.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

28. - Top - End - #178
    Titan in the Playground

I believe the limit to what creepers can blast through is one layer of cobble. Two layers of cobble and an aesthetic layer of dirt should serve to cover up any quarry holes without risk. Anyone digging straight down to find out what's under the cobble, well, falling is their own fault then.
    Of course, a better alternative is to fill up the quarry with water. It doesn't take too long with a pump, or even just some buckets.
    Spoiler: Stuff I'm Working On
    Show
    Small Justice

An ongoing web serial about politics, vengeance, and miniature lizards. Go check it out!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeno Desaqqara View Post
    You divine bastard.

"Life is to be lived, not controlled; and humanity is won by continuing to play in the face of certain defeat."

29. - Top - End - #179
    Ogre in the Playground

I have a plan for my quarries. Making the holes is only the first stage.
    Show

Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

30. - Top - End - #180

Project Rainfall is underway, with the configurations being picked. We'll probably need a breeder config, as well as a power setting.