New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 49 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Iskandar's Travels in Minecraft: The LP and the MP Server Thread MKII

PERHAPS. But in the meantime, I require energy. In massive amounts. So, I'm making my own nuclear reactor, because I need the close to the base of operations. In the mean time, I took some energy from project Rainfall, but left several uranium to make up for it. Hope that's OK.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3SecondCultist View Post
    Yeah, DreamingMage honestly thinks he is a god. Over the years, I've found it best just to go with it.
    Spoiler: Things I Once Was But No Longer Entirely Am
    Show

Previous Usernames: DreamingMage, Zeno Desaqqara
    Credit to araveugnitsuga.
    Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

2. - Top - End - #212
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Iskandar's Travels in Minecraft: The LP and the MP Server Thread MKII

Quote Originally Posted by DreamingMage View Post
    PERHAPS. But in the meantime, I require energy. In massive amounts. So, I'm making my own nuclear reactor, because I need the close to the base of operations. In the mean time, I took some energy from project Rainfall, but left several uranium to make up for it. Hope that's OK.
    Why not use solar flowers? That makes a lot of energy if you have enough.

Or set up a Buildcraft rig to fill buckets, and send them to an Industrialcraft waterwheel.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

3. - Top - End - #213
    Ogre in the Playground

An interesting idea, I will look into it. In the mean time, does anyone know where I could get glowstone dust? If not, I was thinking perhaps I could recruit someone to help me with a nether extraction operation. The idea would be to find clusters' coordinates from underneath, and then to tunnel through the roof and precision extract them with a quarry.
    Yeah, DreamingMage honestly thinks he is a god. Over the years, I've found it best just to go with it.
    Show

Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

4. - Top - End - #214
    Titan in the Playground

An interesting idea, I will look into it. In the mean time, does anyone know where I could get glowstone dust? If not, I was thinking perhaps I could recruit someone to help me with a nether extraction operation. The idea would be to find clusters' coordinates from underneath, and then to tunnel through the roof and precision extract them with a quarry.
    I hate to be the bearer of bad news... wait, no I don't.

Anyway, that will be somewhat of a challenge, considering that the clusters themselves are usually near the roof, and finding (or digging out) a suitable cavern for a quarry will be a lot more work than building a floating platform w ladder.
    Spoiler: Stuff I'm Working On
    Show
    Small Justice

An ongoing web serial about politics, vengeance, and miniature lizards. Go check it out!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeno Desaqqara View Post
    You divine bastard.

"Life is to be lived, not controlled; and humanity is won by continuing to play in the face of certain defeat."

5. - Top - End - #215
    Barbarian in the Playground

I'd be happy to help you set up a reactor, as well as a expedition for glowstone dust. Also, did you turn the reactor off after using it?

6. - Top - End - #216
    Titan in the Playground

Shadowmind, you know that site I found and you set up quarries at? There's new quarries, are those yours? Also, is the stuff in the chests that aren't connected to quarries my share?
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

7. - Top - End - #217
    Bugbear in the Playground

Also, you can make glowstone dust. 5 redstone, 4 gold in a TNT recipe like configuration. Not good for heavy use, but if you just need a few, it will work.
    My youtube channel, featuring LPs of Minecraft and various other indie games: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCa98B36NhE0lWNEn3lGc86Q

8. - Top - End - #218
    Titan in the Playground

new LP episode will shortly be incoming from me. Sorry it's taken so long, I had a busy week.

I've got some errands to run, and then I need to sleep, but I'll post a link once it's up. Until then, there's a link to the playlist in the first post, thanks to Iska. I recorded this one all in one go, and I tried yet another method of recording audio. I think it's actually loud enough this time to avoid robo-Destro. Let me know.

Also, feedback on my conundrum as detailed in the last few minutes of the episode would be great. I geniunely don't know which one I should get.

Edit: Youtube is uploading the video now. Should be live soon enough.

Edit 2: it's up. Link here: This is a link and you should click it.
    Last edited by Destro_Yersul; 2011-11-08 at 03:20 PM.
    I used to do LP's. Currently archived here:

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:
    The Great Divide Dark Heresy - Finished
    They All Uprose Dark Heresy - Finished
    Dead in the Water Dark Heresy - Finished
    House of Glass Dark Heresy - Deceased

We All Fall Down Dark Heresy - Finished

Sea of Stars Rogue Trader - Ongoing

9. - Top - End - #219

Well, HOLY CRAP comes to mind.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUOE-eFLh18

Buildcraft 3.0 is coming. And it will be amazing.
    My youtube channel, featuring LPs of Minecraft and various other indie games: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCa98B36NhE0lWNEn3lGc86Q

10. - Top - End - #220
    Ogre in the Playground

... Indeed. That is what come to mind. Four channels of signal, with logic gates? And event triggers? HELLS YEAH!
    Show

Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

11. - Top - End - #221

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
    Shadowmind, you know that site I found and you set up quarries at? There's new quarries, are those yours? Also, is the stuff in the chests that aren't connected to quarries my share?
    All the chest that are left should have your share in it. Buildcraft components not withstanding.
    I am:
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #222
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Shadowmind View Post
    All the chest that are left should have your share in it. Buildcraft components not withstanding.
    Okay, thanks.

EDIT: There's one quarry there still set up, but not connected to any power. Is that finished, or disconnected by glitch?
    Last edited by Qwertystop; 2011-11-09 at 04:33 PM.
    My Homebrew

13. - Top - End - #223
    Ogre in the Playground

It being Thursday again, should we perhaps begin to list the things we want showcased by Iskandar in his LP tomorrow?
    Show

Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

14. - Top - End - #224

Project snowfall might be an idea, a nice 40eu per tick reactor I think we should work together Xeno, (by setting up project snowfall as a breeder reactor)

15. - Top - End - #225
    Ogre in the Playground

Nah, I have my own purposes. Actually, they're really quite obvious. I'm somewhat surprised that I'm not being yelled at yet...
    Show

Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

16. - Top - End - #226

Well that's... Interesting...

17. - Top - End - #227
    Ogre in the Playground

Alright, so... List...
    Ahem.

• Project Rainfall
    • Project Snowfall
    • Operation Winter-Is-Coming
    • The New Guys' Stuff (TP in Hall)

Post to tell me what you have, and I'll repost with an updated list.
    Last edited by Sen isSaqqara; 2011-11-10 at 08:18 PM.
    Show

Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

18. - Top - End - #228

Episode 2 of my RPG LP
    Last edited by Iskandar; 2011-11-11 at 11:01 AM.

19. - Top - End - #229

The Sever has fallen over. Domo, you wanna have a look at this? (appears to be unique to the MC sever, gengame is fine)
    Last edited by Zain; 2011-11-11 at 11:22 AM.

20. - Top - End - #230
    Titan in the Playground

Alright, so... List...
    Ahem.

• Project Rainfall
    • Project Snowfall
    • The New Guys' Stuff (TP in Hall)

Post to tell me what you have, and I'll repost with an updated list.
    Ah, my newest project, the Aqueous Rift, is underway. Three guesses as to where it is, and how to get there.
    Spoiler: Stuff I'm Working On
    Show
    Small Justice

An ongoing web serial about politics, vengeance, and miniature lizards. Go check it out!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeno Desaqqara View Post
    You divine bastard.

"Life is to be lived, not controlled; and humanity is won by continuing to play in the face of certain defeat."

21. - Top - End - #231

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Iskandar View Post
    Episode 2 of my RPG LP
    How often do you plan on making these? I'm liking it so far.
    I am:
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #232
    Ogre in the Playground

OK.

• Project Rainfall
    • Project Snowball Fight
    • The New Guys' Stuff
    • The Aqueous Rift

Anyone else?
    Show

Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

23. - Top - End - #233
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by The Shadowmind View Post
    How often do you plan on making these? I'm liking it so far.
    Yes. Also, I'm sorry I couldn't respond to your previous ep; I didn't have a YouTube account or an account here in the Playground.

24. - Top - End - #234

The goal is to have at least 2 or 3 SP eps a week, and 1 MP ep. I have a Industrialcraft video in the work now.

25. - Top - End - #235
    Ettin in the Playground

Episode 2 of my RPG LP
    Just watched it. Kinda looks like that death cheated you out of the skill points for lvl 6. Unfortunate, that.
    Mah Badges!
    Spoiler
    Show

Hey, check out my site. (It has interactive comics, stories and coding efforts.)

26. - Top - End - #236

News on Rainwater:

I've set up what is called a neutral breeder reactor, meaning that the reactor needs to be heated with lava buckets to a certain point, then two depleted cells are placed inside with a Uranium cell. This is recharge the two cells, draining half the Charged cell. using this, I belie I can effectively double my Uranium resources, as well as recycle any depleted cells.

27. - Top - End - #237
    Ogre in the Playground

I am having some trouble logging in. My minecraft crashed, and now it crashes whenever I log in. Perhaps it did not disconnect me correctly? if so, could I be kicked so that I can reconnect?

Edit: it isn't that, there seems to be something wrong with the chunk I'm in. Which is a problem, as it is the place with all my quarries, etc.
    Last edited by Sen isSaqqara; 2011-11-12 at 05:23 PM.
    Show

Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

28. - Top - End - #238

Episode 16 of Iskandar's Travels in Modded Industrial Minecraft is now live.

29. - Top - End - #239
    Ogre in the Playground

OK, I am having serious issues with the server. Could my current coords be changed to spawn, or somewhere else sufficiently far away? I think that would fix it.
    Show

Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

30. - Top - End - #240
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Episode 16 of Iskandar's Travels in Modded Industrial Minecraft is now live.
    does that summoning rod always work that way, for example if you made another Hindu village would it have space for another solar flower underneath?