New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 49 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Iskandar's Travels in Minecraft: The LP and the MP Server Thread MKII

Nope, that village is custom. The summoning wand makes a village based on the block you click on. In this case, I clicked on a grass block to get that village. You click on a different type block you'd get something else.

I've had that custom village installed since the beginning, I just needed to save up enough money from selling to the villagers to buy the summoning wand so I could click on the right block to create it. Room for 128 solar panels plus energy storage, yup.
    My youtube channel, featuring LPs of Minecraft and various other indie games: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCa98B36NhE0lWNEn3lGc86Q

2. - Top - End - #242
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Iskandar's Travels in Minecraft: The LP and the MP Server Thread MKII

Quote Originally Posted by DreamingMage View Post
    OK, I am having serious issues with the server. Could my current coords be changed to spawn, or somewhere else sufficiently far away? I think that would fix it.

2011-11-13 06:54:16 [SEVERE] java.net.SocketException: Socket closed
    2011-11-13 06:54:16 [SEVERE] at java.net.SocketOutputStream.socketWrite(SocketOutp utStream.java:99)
    2011-11-13 06:54:16 [SEVERE] at java.net.SocketOutputStream.write(SocketOutputStre am.java:136)
    2011-11-13 06:54:16 [SEVERE] at java.io.BufferedOutputStream.flushBuffer(BufferedO utputStream.java:65)
    2011-11-13 06:54:16 [SEVERE] at java.io.BufferedOutputStream.flush(BufferedOutputS tream.java:123)
    2011-11-13 06:54:16 [SEVERE] at java.io.DataOutputStream.flush(DataOutputStream.ja va:106)
    2011-11-13 06:54:16 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.NetworkWriterThread.run(Sourc eFile:104)
    2011-11-13 06:54:16 [INFO] Xenowrath lost connection: disconnect.endOfStream
    That's as generic a error as i've ever seen. Good luck getting to the bottom of that. :/
    Mah Badges!
    Spoiler
    Show

Hey, check out my site. (It has interactive comics, stories and coding efforts.)

3. - Top - End - #243
    Ogre in the Playground

Still can't get on. Tried a fresh install, tried using a different computer entirely. Nothing. I believe it was caused by accidentally hitting a complex jumble of pipes with a power pick. Any ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by 3SecondCultist View Post
    Yeah, DreamingMage honestly thinks he is a god. Over the years, I've found it best just to go with it.
    Spoiler: Things I Once Was But No Longer Entirely Am
    Show

Previous Usernames: DreamingMage, Zeno Desaqqara
    Credit to araveugnitsuga.
    Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

4. - Top - End - #244
    Barbarian in the Playground

Domo might try wiping your profile, but that would wipe out your Inventory and such.

5. - Top - End - #245
    Titan in the Playground

With some invaluable help from Zain, I have completed a large scale iron refinery at my Estate. It uses coal as a primary resource (and fairly quickly, too) but outputs one iron block per sixteen seconds, when fully charged.

DreamingMage, shall I begin to cart over the iron from the quarries?
    Last edited by 3SecondCultist; 2011-11-13 at 10:39 PM.
    Spoiler: Stuff I'm Working On
    Show
    Small Justice

An ongoing web serial about politics, vengeance, and miniature lizards. Go check it out!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeno Desaqqara View Post
    You divine bastard.

"Life is to be lived, not controlled; and humanity is won by continuing to play in the face of certain defeat."

6. - Top - End - #246
    Ettin in the Playground

Still can't get on. Tried a fresh install, tried using a different computer entirely. Nothing. I believe it was caused by accidentally hitting a complex jumble of pipes with a power pick. Any ideas?
    Hm... the only thing i can think of currently is to flat out discard your MC folder and reinstall the whole thingamajing, including MLMP/forge fixes. That seems to help a good deal of people for completely unknown reasons. (And i hate the whole "reinstall to fix" approach. )
    Mah Badges!
    Spoiler
    Show

Hey, check out my site. (It has interactive comics, stories and coding efforts.)

7. - Top - End - #247
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Domochevsky View Post
    Hm... the only thing i can think of currently is to flat out discard your MC folder and reinstall the whole thingamajing, including MLMP/forge fixes. That seems to help a good deal of people for completely unknown reasons. (And i hate the whole "reinstall to fix" approach. )
    Tried that as part of the reinstalation. I think it may have to do with an ongoing runecraft effect messing with buildcraft items in strange ways. Perhaps there is a way to edit the magic.dat file to remove the power-pick effect I had running?

DreamingMage, shall I begin to cart over the iron from the quarries?
    Sure. Tell me is there are any problems moving into the chunk. Also, note that I was setting up a similar refinery when I crashed.
    Yeah, DreamingMage honestly thinks he is a god. Over the years, I've found it best just to go with it.
    Show

Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

8. - Top - End - #248
    Titan in the Playground

Tried that as part of the reinstalation. I think it may have to do with an ongoing runecraft effect messing with buildcraft items in strange ways. Perhaps there is a way to edit the magic.dat file to remove the power-pick effect I had running?

Sure. Tell me is there are any problems moving into the chunk. Also, note that I was setting up a similar refinery when I crashed.
    I did. An interesting phenom, considering that we had previously agreed on my building a refinery (which is faster, burns more iron, and easier to use).
    Last edited by 3SecondCultist; 2011-11-14 at 08:57 AM.
    Show
    Small Justice

An ongoing web serial about politics, vengeance, and miniature lizards. Go check it out!

You divine bastard.

"Life is to be lived, not controlled; and humanity is won by continuing to play in the face of certain defeat."

9. - Top - End - #249

BlackDragon

Iskandar, the automated cactus farm is for producing waterproofing for pipes.
    I am:
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #250

New Episode of my MP LP is now live.
    My youtube channel, featuring LPs of Minecraft and various other indie games: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCa98B36NhE0lWNEn3lGc86Q

11. - Top - End - #251
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Iskandar View Post
    New Episode of my MP LP is now live.
    15 min in: you're getting local lag because of a sound bug with industrialcraft. This is caused by getting away from machines that don't respect the audio slider in your options. They always blast at full volume, which only gets (temporarily) fixed when you make a small adjustment to the slider. Disabling sound fixes this particular bug.

Also, i like how you continue to disrespect the wall signs in the teleporter hall and rifle through other people's stashes.
    Mah Badges!
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #252
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, I haven't been on the server much lately. Sorry about that. Been tied up with other things. My three days off a week really isn't enough time...
    I used to do LP's. Currently archived here:

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:
    The Great Divide Dark Heresy - Finished
    They All Uprose Dark Heresy - Finished
    Dead in the Water Dark Heresy - Finished
    House of Glass Dark Heresy - Deceased

We All Fall Down Dark Heresy - Finished

Sea of Stars Rogue Trader - Ongoing

13. - Top - End - #253

Well it seems that both my reactors have exploded. That is rather unpleasant.

14. - Top - End - #254
    Ogre in the Playground

I don't suppose that I'm going to get that coord change to fix my ability to join the game anytime soon?
    Show

Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

15. - Top - End - #255

Also, I would like to anounce a new Zail-corp Project, the creation of a Spawn refinery, automated with buildcraft!

this project will be started some time this weekend, and the stated goal is the continuing industrialisation of spawn town.

16. - Top - End - #256

@Dreamingmage: Domo should have responded by now. I can't do anything, unfortunately. Might want to poke him if you see him on mumble, or drop him a PM. Not sure why he is taking so long with this.

17. - Top - End - #257
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zain View Post
    Well it seems that both my reactors have exploded. That is rather unpleasant.
    Wow, that is rather unfortunate.

And somewhat unlikely...
    Last edited by 3SecondCultist; 2011-11-14 at 10:40 PM.
    Show
    Small Justice

You divine bastard.

18. - Top - End - #258

Indeed, I did not actually think it was possible, given their design. That is, unless someone messed with them.

19. - Top - End - #259
    Ettin in the Playground

I don't suppose that I'm going to get that coord change to fix my ability to join the game anytime soon?
    I now renamed your profile to something else, so once you login you should start with a clean slate at spawn. See if that works and make sure to tell me what items you had with you if it does. >_>
    Mah Badges!
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #260
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, it seems to have worked, besides the fact that I spawned halfway through a block, but I did have quite a few items with me and I forget what most of them were... You sure that you couldn't just edit my coords with NBTedit?
    Last edited by Sen isSaqqara; 2011-11-15 at 07:43 AM.
    Show

Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

21. - Top - End - #261
    Ettin in the Playground

I don't even know what that is. >_>

(We can restore most, if not all of your items though. It's not like we don't have infinite.)
    Mah Badges!
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #262
    Ogre in the Playground

Yeah, I just don't remember what half of them were.

Do you not know how to edit a .dat file? Look into NBTedit, it lets you change all the variables stored in a .dat, so for example a player's coordinates, or game type, etc.
    Show

Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

23. - Top - End - #263

That took.... way too long. Episode 3 of my RPG series is processing. It will be here in about 15 minutes. Thanks for the music, Zain.

24. - Top - End - #264

NinjaGuy

Perhaps next time, you shouldn't set up your display area out in the open
    ...without any walls
    ...at night
    ...right next to the constant monster spawning area.

25. - Top - End - #265

Yeah. I need a house in my RPG playthrough. I've been procrastinating, because i'll be packing up nad moving soon.

26. - Top - End - #266

Just a note, After hearing it, I may remix the music till I get a mix I'm 100% happy with, as I trew that last one together in a hour or so. EDIT TO ADD, yeah new sent, feel free to use either.
    Last edited by Zain; 2011-11-16 at 08:28 PM.

27. - Top - End - #267
    Ogre in the Playground

Hey 3SC, you might have to reroute your quarries' output. My compound at the quarry site has been packed up and moved.

Also, I have established a new settlement to the south of the old quarries, in a highly mineral-rich area. I invite anyone who wants to to build a house or workshop there to do so, just leave the area directly behind my house open. The TP is in the hall of transport, in my alcove, in the first subalcove on the right.
    Show

Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

28. - Top - End - #268
    Titan in the Playground

You know, Iskandar, with as often as you get set on fire, you should probably consider carrying around a bucket of water.

Furthermore, that's a very nice open air crafting area you have there.

Last edited by Destro_Yersul; 2011-11-17 at 11:17 AM.
    I used to do LP's. Currently archived here:

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:
    The Great Divide Dark Heresy - Finished
    They All Uprose Dark Heresy - Finished
    Dead in the Water Dark Heresy - Finished
    House of Glass Dark Heresy - Deceased

We All Fall Down Dark Heresy - Finished

Sea of Stars Rogue Trader - Ongoing

29. - Top - End - #269

NinjaGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Iskandar View Post
    Yeah. I need a house in my RPG playthrough. I've been procrastinating, because i'll be packing up nad moving soon.
    Dirt blocks box. Just for the walls.

30. - Top - End - #270

Domo is awesome, and I cannot wait until I see the final project(s actually, there are 3):

Spoiler
    Show

That is all.