New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 34 of 49 FirstFirst ... 9242526272829303132333435363738394041424344 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,020 of 1470
  1. - Top - End - #991
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony XXX: Trixie Treats!

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    You're right. It's not Trixie. *smacks head*
    Well, who knows, maybe there was, or is, a Post-It Trixie out there. And if not there clearly ought to be

2. - Top - End - #992
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kindablue View Post
    I'm getting this error:
    Huh, I double checked the settings and it should be allowing access to anyone with the link.
    "Ponies are proof that god loves us and wants us to be happy."-Ben Franklin

Rainbow dash...
    They're coming. The Shippers are coming for you, but listen—your life could depend on this—don't blink. Don't even blink. Blink and you're shipped. They are fast, faster than you could believe. Don't turn your back, don't look away, and don't blink. Good luck.

Gamerlord on EQD.
    Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #993
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    To the various peeps who helped me come up with a humanised Charger, I think I finally did it. So thanks!
    Eyup. Doesn't get much more complete than that. She could use some refinement, but there is a definite aura of complete character going on.

4. - Top - End - #994
    Titan in the Playground

She's Always A Filly cover #4

This is the best thing.
    Best. Fandom. Ever.

On an almost completely different note that still involves ponies:

Quote Originally Posted by The Wallstreet Journal
    BERKELEY, Calif.—Fifteen young men in this hotbed of activism gathered at an Indian restaurant on a recent Sunday and made an appeal: Could the waiter please switch the TV from the news to "My Little Pony"?
    Now while I'd be interested in why this was Sunday its the closest I can come to detecting Cowboy Bebop At His Computer in this (apparently) front page news story from the Wallstreet Journal. Kudos to them and I think they've earn some at least temporary patronage from me.

To continue my STD analogies, ponies are spreading faster then AIDS in the 80s. I'll stop, I'll stop, oh that was horrible to write should I be ashamed of myself?
    Last edited by Soras Teva Gee; 2011-11-04 at 10:32 AM.

5. - Top - End - #995
    Titan in the Playground

now if only i could get one of my covers onto youtube :P
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #996
    Titan in the Playground

Here's a silly little story, I'd love if anypony would read it and tell me what you think.

It's a story about Big Macintosh trying to fulfill his dream of becoming a real puppet, and his friends not quite understanding this unusual wish. Features Smartypants, Twilight, Rainbow Dash, Applejack and Trixie. It's meant to be silly and not to be taken very serious.

Let me know if it is any good (or if it's garbage and I should be ashamed), and whether I should send it off to EqD once it's finished. If so, I'd love some thoughts on the exact tags and other keywords too. It doesn't really contain any real shipping IMO, just a bit of unreciprocated flirting. And it wasn't meant to be sad either, but I figured maybe some might find the ending sad or disturbing maybe.

Oh, and maybe implied attempts at mind-altering magic, for those who aren't comfortable with that sort of thing.

Mostly it's just meant to be a silly little story about a pony who wants to be something he's not. I'll stop babbling now and just let you read it.

The Pony Who Wanted to be a Real Puppet
    [Random][Possibly Sad][Light ShippingFlirting]

Spoiler
    Show
    Big Macintosh wiped the sweat from his brow and quietly wondered what in Equestria he might have done to the princess to deserve such a blazing heat on the day he had to plow the fields. Looking up at the clear blue sky the sun seemed to gaze down upon him with radiant glee. It was a day more suited to lounging under an apple tree with a cold bottle of juice than working the fields, but work was work and it all had to be done. The big pony moved his straw to the other side of his mouth in a determined expression and continued his slow trot over the field, the plow creating a deep cut in his wake. If he worked hard he could be done before dinner and enjoy the rest of the evening under that tree. A reward for hard work well done was always welcome.

Working the fields was a slow and monotonous task, which left the stallion with ample time for daydreaming, something he often did. And as usual these days, he found his thoughts drawn to the raggedy doll riding along on his sturdy back. He smiled to himself despite the hard work, “Eeyup, yours is an easy life, mister Smartypants.” As his hooves trotted along in the field, his mind drifted off to stranger places, imagining all the possible lives of a doll or a puppet. If he was a puppet, he could be anything. One day a humble work horse, the next a great adventurer seeking glory and gold in mystical lands, or a grand vizier in the court of the princesses. Such tales the telling of which he could be a part of. Endless possibilities, if only he was a puppet.

“Eeyup!” he drawled. The more he thought about it, the more it always felt like the life of a puppet was the life for him. What a curse it seemed to have been born a simple pony, when he could have been a real puppet in a real play. His daydreaming, however, was abruptly shattered by a cry from above.

“Look out below!” came a drawn out voice moments before a rainbow blur streaked past him and crashed into the ground, plowing violently through the field before coming to a stop several yards away under the shadow of a big chestnut tree which stubbornly refused to step aside for any pegasus.

Big Macintosh stared with a slack-jawed expression at the massive ravine of rocks and dirt that had appeared in his beautifully plowed field. Resetting his jaw into a firm scowl he released himself from the plow and strode purposefully along the ravine to the crash site under the chestnut tree. Sticking his hoof into the crater he pulled out a grinning pegasus. “Rainbow Dash! What have you got to say for yourself?” he asked, throwing his head in the direction of the wrecked fields.

The rainbow mare grinned apologetically, “Heh heh, uh, sorry about that?” She rubbed her shoulder a little at the stare she received, “We were just having a friendly welcome-to-the-weather-team match of sky polo for this new pegasus, and I wanted to show her how it's done here in Ponyville. Heh, I guess I overdid it.”

Big Macintosh switched the straw to the other side of his mouth, “I bet you did,” and turned around, dragging her with him back towards the plow.

Rainbow Dash blinked, “Uh...where are we going?”

He sat her down by the plow and took off his harness, throwing it over her shoulders. “You're gonna fix your own mess,” he said and pointed a hoof at the ravished field.

Rainbow Dash sank a little under the heavy harness, which was at least several sizes too large for her. “Oh, I-I'm no work horse. It would take me forever.” She chuckled a little uncertainly.

“I say, you better get started then,” Big Macintosh said plainly, “Iron Pony.”

“Come on. I'm sorry,” Rainbow Dash's ears drooped, “You can't be serious... Are you serious?”

“Eeyup! Dead serious.”

“So uh, thanks for the drink,” Rainbow Dash said.

Big Macintosh just gave a single nod of his head as he took a swig of his juice. The field was once again nicely plowed, and the two ponies were taking a well deserved rest under the big chestnut tree, each with a chilled apple juice, enjoying the last rays of sunlight. Big Macintosh found himself once again adrift in the lands of puppets, this time playing a noble knight with his loyal friend, Smartypants by his side. He sighed at the thought of the great quests they would undertake together.

“You seem a little blue,” he heard Rainbow Dash say, “not that being blue is bad, you know, because it's such an awesome color,” the pegasus continued, apparently having lost the initial line of thought in the boastful rambling that followed. Big Macintosh opened his eyes and gave her a quizzical look. Rainbow Dash grinned, “anyway, you all right there buddy?”

Big Macintosh returned to his half-slumber. “None of your business. You'll just laugh at me, like with my Smartypants doll.”

Rainbow Dash chuckled and gave the stallion a friendly jab on the shoulder, “Hey, it's all in good fun. You know I never meant anything with it. It was just a little funny the way you carry him around all the time. So what's the deal, big guy?”

“You wouldn't understand,” Big Macintosh said.

The rainbow pony lit up, “that sounds like a challenge! Try me.”

Big Macintosh sat up with a sigh. “Sometimes I wish I was... different, that I was something else,” he said, a little evasively as he glanced down at the old, raggedy doll leaned against the tree next to him.

Rainbow Dash followed his gaze and pondered the answer, a look of surprise understanding on her face. “Really? Wow... I, you know, just between you and me, I've always felt kinda the same. I didn't know you... I mean...” She smiled, “But hey, you shouldn't be so sad about it. I always thought I was different and, you know, wrong, but then at flight camp I met this really cool person...” her eyes showed a brief sadness, “well, she WAS cool... anyway, she showed me that I wasn't alone and that my dream was worth following. Maybe one day I'll take the step and convince Twilight to look into a spell, you know...” she grinned and gave him a nudge with her hoof, “because dreams are there to be followed.”

He glanced at her for a long time, then nodded, “Eeyup!” It was rare for the rainbow mare to make so much sense, Big Macintosh thought to himself.

Big Macintosh hesitated as he stood before the door to the Ponyville library. It had seemed so clear this morning. After pondering on Rainbow Dash's words of the previous night he had made the decision to seek out Twilight, but could he really go through with it? He lowered his hoof again, settling it back down on the ground and glanced over his shoulder at the doll riding along on his back. The old thing looked back at him with its beady, unblinking eyes. There was a certainty in those eyes, their unchanging gaze inspired determination in the big stallion's heart and with renewed purpose he lifted his hoof once more to give the door to the library a firm rapping.

Twilight's voice was heard clearly through the door. “Spike! Could you get that, please?”

There was a bit of shuffling, then the door opened and Twilight's young assistant looked out at him. “Yes? Oh, hey Big Macintosh. You here to see Twilight?”

Big Macintosh nodded, “Eeyup. If she ain't too busy.”

The young dragon paused and glanced over his shoulder. “Well, perhaps I could help. You need a book or something? I'm the one who always gets them for Twilight anyway,” he said proudly.

The big red stallion shook his mighty head, “Nnnope. I would like to speak with Twilight... in private.”

Spike grumbled and called for Twilight before disappearing up the stairs. Big Macintosh stepped inside and closed the door behind him. He looked around at all the books and shelves. It wasn't often he came to the library, even his sister only came here because of Twilight. He randomly picked a book from a nearby shelf and examined the cover. “Contemporary Magic Analysis” the title read boldly. Flipping to a random page Big Macintosh gazed at the tight script and arcane symbols.

He smiled as his imagination took over, whisking away the dreary drapery of the real world to make way for the fantasy. “From careful analysis we show that the common Come to Life spell does not satisfy the conditions of Marera's theorem,” the distinguished old scholar spoke to his eager student, the young but brilliant mister Smartypants who was taking copious notes in his little notebook, “and in fact produces undefined results for some objects within its domain.”

He was broken out of his dream by Twilight's friendly voice behind him. “A fascinating topic, isn't it? If you wish a more rigorous examination I would highly recommend some of Coltshy's original work,” the lavender unicorn rambled on as she pulled out an old book from the shelf, “contemporary is fine, but you can't go wrong with the classics, as I always say.”

Seeing Big Macintosh's face, Twilight's own lit up in realization, followed by disappointment. “Oh, you're not here about magical theory. I'm sorry, I should have known you weren't... well, since you're not a unicorn.” She shuffled her hooves a bit, clearly sad that he wasn't going to discuss the esoteric details of magic with her, “Not that that has to stop you, of course! You'd be surprised how many non-unicorns study the theory. Why, Starswirl the Bearded was an earth pony too and one of the great masters of the pre-classical era. His work on the theory of magic led to the development of many unique and diverse spells.” Noticing the patient, but increasingly blank look of the large stallion, Twilight coughed and blushed. “Sorry, I get carried away. What can I do for you today, then?”

Big Macintosh decided to be blunt and get straight to the point. He needed to get this out, and he had never been one to stall anyway. He took a long breath to gather his nerves before speaking. “I was wondering if you could turn me into a puppet.”

“Well, I... what?” Twilight looked up at him with a look of mixed confusion and concern. “Turn you into a... puppet?”

“Eeyup. Like mister Smartypants here,” he gave the doll on his back a nudge with his head.

“And... why would you want that?” Twilight was obviously not grasping the request.

“It's what I've always wanted to be. I wish I was a puppet,” the big stallion said plainly. He wasn't one to meander around the point, even if he felt very uncomfortable talking about it, “it feels right.”

Twilight examined him with a worried look. “I see. I think perhaps I know what your problem is, Big Macintosh. I would be happy to help you.”

Big Macintosh followed her with his eyes as she walked around him. He wasn't exactly sure of her choice of words. “My... problem? That I'm not a puppet?”

Twilight smiled sympathetically. “I'm really sorry, Big Macintosh. It appears that you are suffering from lingering effects of Discord's manipulations, or perhaps of my own Want It, Need It spell.” She looked somewhat ashamed at the mention of that whole incident, even Big Macintosh knew that the princess had been tough on Twilight for it. “It could even be a combination. Magic sometimes has unexpected results when mixed, and Discord's magic was, of course, pretty much by definition unpredictable. But don't worry, I promise I'll find a way to cure you of these... delusions. If nothing else I am certain the princess will know of a way to help you, if my own studies fail.”

Big Macintosh stared at the unicorn as she scrutinized him, supposedly looking for some lingering magic. “I am not joking, and I am not insane.”

“Oh, I know. And trust me, I am terribly sorry if my magic has caused you such problems. I promise I shall make it up to you, you'll be back to your good old self in no time.”

“I am my old self, and I don't want it. I want to be a puppet. A puppet, not a pony!” Big Macintosh felt himself growing frustrated at the lack of understanding. Why couldn't she understand, he was speaking plainly was he not?

Twilight bit her lip. “I'm... sorry, Big Macintosh. I can only imagine the kind of confusion you're going through. But even if I could, it would not be ethical to turn a pony into a puppet, even temporarily. The possibility, however small, of permanent damage, both physically and emotionally... No, I'm sorry.”

Big Macintosh sighed and turned around. “Sorry for taking your time, then,” he drawled.

Twilight rushed in front of him, pushing him back. “Oh my... Please, you are not well. I don't know what effect Discord or my spell might have had on you, but it is imperative that we find out so that we can prevent any further complications.”

“But...” Big Macintosh began, but was cut off.

“Don't worry, I'll help you. Now just stay here, don't go, I need to find a book... SPIKE!” Twilight turned and began scanning the shelves for some book. Seeing his chance, Big Macintosh bolted out through the door and galloped down the street, away from the library and the crazy unicorn. He felt terrible. He had hoped Twilight would understand, that she would help him fulfill his dream. Instead she thought he was just making it up.

Big Macintosh ran. He wasn't sure where he was going, but he needed to be away from Ponyville, away from all the ponies looking at him, away from all the ponies who couldn't see him as anything but another pony.

He slowed down and trotted along a lonely road outside Ponyville, walking for a bit before stopping to sit down under a tree by the side of the road. Out here the world was quiet, out here he could sit and just be, without having to be anything. He leaned back against the tree and looked up at the sky. Was it really so odd that he wanted to be a puppet, not a pony? And if Twilight wouldn't help him, who would?

His thoughts were disturbed by a sound some distance away. His ears perked up as he listened. Somewhere somepony was complaining loudly to themselves.

“Stupid wagon, stupid ditch, stupid wagon getting stuck in stupid ditch! Stupid Twilight Sparkle who would lift the stupid thing out of there with her stupid magic! Oh how she would gloat if she was here now!”

Big Macintosh got up and followed the voice. Coming over a small hill he saw a lonely unicorn trying to get a large wagon out of the ditch all by herself, a hopeless task it seemed. Her azure coat was muddy and her nearly white mane a mess from the frantic work. She didn't notice Big Macintosh as he walked up behind her.

“The Great and Powerful Trixie demands that you get free this instant, you stupid wagon!” She cried in frustration and kicked the wagon, to which it remained completely ignorant.

Big Macintosh cleared his throat a little. “You need any help there, ma'am?”

Trixie, which seemed to be her name, jumped and spun around. “Ah!” Self-conscious about her display of surprise, the unicorn quickly switched tone, “Didn't somepony ever tell you not to sneak up on ponies, hmm? No matter,” she gave the stallion an appraising look, “you appear capable. The Great and Powerful Trixie demands that you get her wagon out of this ditch for her. Perhaps she could be convinced to...” she looked him over again, smiling, “reward such a handsome pony for the trouble.”

“Eeyup,” the stallion said, ignoring the friendly wink, and took quick stock of the wagon. The unicorn watched hopefully as he walked around the carriage and gave it a good push, his muscles flexing as he put all his strength behind it. The wagon gave a little, then began slowly rolling back out on the road.

“Yes, yes, that's the stuff!” Trixie cheered as Big Macintosh pushed the heavy wagon free of the ditch. “My, you are a strong one,” she grinned, “a proper stallion aren't you? Not like those sops Trixie paid back in Hoofington to pull the thing, if she ever see those two again...” Big Macintosh stopped the wagon and wiped his brow. Trixie winked at him, “so how can the Great and Powerful Trixie reward you? Perhaps you would like to come in for a... drink, hmm?”

“Nnnope,” he drawled and turned to walk back the way he came. The last thing he wanted was company right now.

Trixie watched him for a moment, before rushing after him. “Wait, don't go. Surely there is something... anything that Trixie can offer as thanks?” She puffed herself up a little, “It is not often that she offers such, and certainly not to anypony, you should know.”

“You wouldn't understand,” he said plainly, keeping his pace and hoping the stranger would leave him be so he could return to brooding under a tree.

“Oh? Perhaps Trixie did not introduce herself properly? It is not for nothing that she is called the Great and Powerful Trixie. Whatever your problem, good sir, Trixie will know the cure!”

“Nnnope! I need no cure,” he said, holding back his annoyance at the persistent mare, “Twilight Sparkle didn't understand either.” There was silence at last. Big Macintosh drew a slight breath of relief at the peace, but it was short-lived.

Trixie stormed past him and stopped in front of him, eyes wide and insistent, “Wait! Twilight Sparkle, from Ponyville? She couldn't help you?” Trixie looked at him intently, “Then the Great and Powerful Trixie will do it! Whatever it is, whatever Twilight couldn't do for you, Trixie will do instead! Just ask, and she will do it, and you better not doubt it!”

Big Macintosh stared at the crazy mare, then sighed. “Can you make me a puppet?”

Trixie blinked, then thought a bit, “is that all? Trixie can... can make you a puppet, sure. She already has a few in her wagon - for her shows you understand, purely for show! - maybe you'd like one of those? It would be a small thing, Trixie would give you one gladly.”

The big red stallion shook his big red head, “Nnnope, I want you to turn me into a puppet.”

Trixie looked utterly lost now. “You want me to... why would you want to...?”

Big Macintosh sighed, “Sorry for your time, miss,” and walked past Trixie. Maybe now he could get some peace and quiet to mull things over. It was certainly proving a challenge.

“No, wait!” Trixie called, a hint of desperation in her voice. “I'll do it! I mean... the Great and Powerful Trixie will do what Twilight Sparkle couldn't. The Great and Powerful Trixie promises to turn you into a puppet, because she can!” Big Macintosh turned around to see if she was joking, but Trixie looked serious. “Come back tomorrow, Trixie will be here.”

Big Macintosh smiled, “Eeyup!”

The farm was quiet as he returned, stepping carefully to not alert anypony. They were probably worried, but he could explain it all tomorrow. He just hoped they would accept his wish. He continued up the path and through the gate, but stopped when he spotted a familiar pony sitting outside the barn, leaning against the wall under the shadow of her hat.

Applejack lifted her head and pushed the hat up to look at him. “Ah was gettin' worried, big brother, ah thought ya ran off there. Very unlike ya.”

“Nnnope,” Big Macintosh said, trying to avoid getting into further discussion of the topic.

Applejack stood up. “Well, that's good an' all, 'cause I spoke to Twilight and she was very worried for ya too. We also had a little talk with Rainbow Dash, an' she was real sorry for givin' ya such ideas, ain't that right RD?”

Big Macintosh turned to look at the rainbow mare who had been standing nearby without him noticing. She scraped the ground with one hoof, ashamedly, “Yeah... yeah, I'm really sorry. I thought we, you know, were talking about something else. But, you know...”

“She thinks ya should let Twilight help ya, so ya can forget these silly ideas, isn't that right?”

Rainbow Dash looked down and nodded quietly.

Big Macintosh glared at his sister, “I don't need no 'cure', and that's that!” With that he trotted past her towards the barn.

“Ah'm sorry, big brother,” Before he could react to what was going on, Applejack had launched herself at him, trying to tackle him. “It's for your own best. Twilight, quick, ah got him!”

Twilight appeared in a flash before him and lowered her horn towards him as he fought with Applejack. He wasn't sure where this was going, but he knew for sure he wanted none of it. “Nnnope!” He roared and kicked off Applejack before trampling over a surprised Twilight. He could hear them calling angrily for Rainbow Dash behind him as he ran, jumping over the fence to the apple orchard. He knew he couldn't outrun them, but maybe he could lose them among all the trees.

A rainbow blur hit the ground in front of him like a prismatic bolt of lightning from the sky. “Run north!” Rainbow Dash said quickly, “I'll lead them the other way. Go!” And with that the rainbow mare was gone again. Not stopping to wonder at the unexpected aid, Big Macintosh turned and galloped north among the densely growing trees.

He didn't stop until he could no longer see the farm behind him or hear the distant calls of his name.

“Good, you are here. Trixie was getting worried you wouldn't show up, but Trixie promised she would turn you into a puppet, and Trixie is a mare of her word. She has prepared and soon she shall show that obnoxious little Twilight who is the better unicorn, oh yes!”

Big Macintosh shook his head heavily, “Nnnope, Twilight can't know. She doesn't understand.”

Trixie frowned, “You're asking an awful lot now, big guy. The Great and Powerful Trixie was looking forward to showing up Twilight Sparkle, what is in it for her now if you won't let her do that?”

Big Macintosh sighed, “You promised. And I helped with your wagon.”

Trixie scrunched up her face, “Trixie did, and so you did.” She looked him over thoughtfully, “Trixie thinks it is a great shame to turn such a strong and handsome stallion into a mere puppet, but she did promise.” She tilted her head as she pondered, muttering to herself, “Perhaps Trixie could show you off in her show, yes... yes,” she lit up, “Trixie will grant your wish, and in return she shall be your new mistress. Together we shall tour the lands and tell such grand stories, of the Great and Powerful Trixie and her enchanted puppet.”

Big Macintosh neighed and nodded vigorously at the prospect of finally being a real puppet in a real puppet show. Oh the lives he would live and stories he would tell.

“Good. Good!” Trixie chuckled with glee, as she moved him into place. “You stand there, stand very still and be quiet. This will require Trixie's full attention. Ready, big guy?”

“Eeyup!” Big Macintosh felt ecstatic but stood as still and quiet as only he could. Trixie's horn glowed, the light quickly increasing in intensity as the stallion felt himself lifted into the air. Soon... soon his greatest dream would come true. Soon he would finally become what he had always dreamed of. A deep smile spread across his face as he embraced his destiny.

Trixie clenched her teeth in an expression of intense concentration, tiny beads of sweat forming on her brow as the magic coursing through her grew to new heights. This was it, her greatest moment, outshining that little miss know-it-all! “You may have defeated an Ursa Minor, but I turned a pony into a puppet. A real puppet! Hahah!” Trixie collapsed with a cry of success. She had done it!

“Trixie is pleased, my puppet!” Trixie laughed as she held up the wooden stallion by its threads, “All stallions should be as willing to please their mistress, don't you agree?” The puppet nodded enthusiastically, “Good! We'll make a fine pair, my puppet. A fine pair! And Equestria, neigh the very world, will bow down before us in praise and adoration!”

A running of hooves on the road behind her made Trixie turn around with an annoyed expression. “What now? Trixie is not in the mood to be disturbed, she is far too busy being pleased with herself!” She frowned as a purple unicorn came running down the road and stopped when she saw Trixie.

“Greetings friend, have you seen...” The unicorn broke off as she looked closer at the pony in front of her, “Oh, Trixie... hello,” she frowned a little, “have you seen a big red stallion around here? He ran away and we're very concerned for his well being.”

Trixie quickly hid the puppet behind her and straightened up, puffing out her chest and giving Twilight a haughty gaze. “The Great and Powerful Trixie knows not of what you speak, Twilight Sparkle. Now run along, Trixie requires peace and quiet so she can practice her amazing magic without your pointless distractions.”

Twilight looked at her, before finally shaking her head. “Right. If you do see him please tell him we're sorry and want him to come back.” Without wasting any further time, Twilight galloped off down the road.

Trixie smirked as she watched her nemesis run off without a clue of what had transpired. “You know, my puppet, Trixie thinks it is even more satisfying to leave the foal in ignorance than to show her up in front of everypony. She will never know what Trixie knows. Poor ignorant Twilight,” she said as she stepped inside her wagon, Big Macintosh dangling in his threads behind her.

I bet a psychologist would find this interesting...

7. - Top - End - #997
    Barbarian in the Playground

So is anyone else worried about the official background ponies names starting a small rift in the fandom?

Ive already seen signs it. Deviant art exploded with pictures of Lyra choking HeartStrings. Blues and Noteworthy in sing off's Carrot top and golden harvest staring each other down...
    ADVENTURE!!!!!

My current story ponies-Ponylagann in the Ponythread.
    Spoiler
    Show

NightScream
    Ponyard
    SkyRocket
    Filly Pokey Pierce

8. - Top - End - #998
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Soras Teva Gee View Post
    Best. Fandom. Ever.

On an almost completely different note that still involves ponies:

Now while I'd be interested in why this was Sunday its the closest I can come to detecting Cowboy Bebop At His Computer in this (apparently) front page news story from the Wallstreet Journal. Kudos to them and I think they've earn some at least temporary patronage from me.

To continue my STD analogies, ponies are spreading faster then AIDS in the 80s. I'll stop, I'll stop, oh that was horrible to write should I be ashamed of myself?
    If they're at the restaurant I think they were at, the TV has on-demand programming and like a million channels. So that might actually be accurate. Not 100% sure though, there are more than 20 different Indian restaurants around the Berkeley campus.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Anarion's right on the money here.
    Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”
    Oscar Wilde Writer & Poet (1891)

9. - Top - End - #999
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rebelhero View Post
    So is anyone else worried about the official background ponies names starting a small rift in the fandom?

Ive already seen signs it. Deviant art exploded with pictures of Lyra choking HeartStrings. Blues and Noteworthy in sing off's Carrot top and golden harvest staring each other down...
    I'm not worried. I think the fandom is just having a bit of fun with these new names, after tomorrow we'll all be busy with whatever cool stuff is in the new episode and soon these new names will seem a lot less interesting or important

10. - Top - End - #1000
    Titan in the Playground

As a fan base grows and ages the probability of it developing deep fractures increases towards one -- Soras' First Law of Fandoms

Under the circumstances, we've been shockingly nice -- GLaDos, paraphrased

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    If they're at the restaurant I think they were at, the TV has on-demand programming and like a million channels. So that might actually be accurate. Not 100% sure though, there are more than 20 different Indian restaurants around the Berkeley campus.
    Fascinating, well for that I would say that if you can get the Hub then pony episodes come around with high frequency. I'm more puzzled they would ask on a Sunday y'know, since I'm sure all of them have it downloaded and its well Sunday not Ponyday. I would buy say pulled out a laptop no problem. I think I found the solution to this conundrum.

Knowing they were being reported on they asked for it to happen at the reporter's behest as real time demonstration.

11. - Top - End - #1001
    Troll in the Playground

Can I sig that?
    Absolutely!

Hmm, I think this is the first time I've made it into a sig...this calls for A PARTY!

Quote Originally Posted by Vorpalbob View Post
    The Nostalgia Chick, in her most recent video, mentioned the phenomena of media being forgiven for being terrible because it's 'for kids'. But which are the things we remember? Do you remember every lazily thrown-together animated Disney knock-off you saw when you were a kid? Hells no. It's the good ones that leave a lasting impression on you. I truly believe that years from now, even if the show has long been canceled, I'll still put on a '20% Cooler' shirt with pride, and people will actually get the reference.
    Yeah, this most definitely should not be an ok excuse for shows to use.

Also, good luck with City of Unicorleans!

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly View Post
    I do

You know, thinking a little more, I suppose maybe the names aren't usually that closely related to cutie marks or special talents, so maybe most ponies don't think to look at their name for what their cutie mark is likely to be.

Most ponies, if you were given just their names, I don't think you could guess their talent or cutie mark. The apple family is probably a major exception, but given that they all deal in apples one way or another it's not big surprise. I hope Applebloom will break the mold and not have an apple-related talent; so far it looks like that might be the case.

Maybe the namer just looks at the foal and what they look and act like, and maybe the family as well. Rainbow Dash, for example, has a rainbow mane and probably acted a little wildly even as a foal, so easy name there.

Still, if I were a pony, looking for my cutie mark, my name would probably be the first thing I considered. Even if it didn't tell me much it might give a few hints and narrow things down.
    I personally am a fan of the idea that names should have meaning to them; it's an idea that's faded, at least in the post-Industrial Revolution west, but to my mind, that's a tragedy. Perhaps ponies still have that tradition - that a name is meant to say something about the person/pony it names.

To the various peeps who helped me come up with a humanised Charger, I think I finally did it. So thanks!
    Looks very nice! I think you captured a lot of the qualities you threw out in that picture.
    This Machine Surrounds Hate And Forces It To Surrender

DD, your unicorn is stronger, prettier, and higher-ranking than mine, and her secret lab has a better name than mine. THERE SHALL BE NO QUARTER.
    Ponythread Learns to Draw!

Spoiler
    Show
    Bleeeeh! Alfalfa Monster!

12. - Top - End - #1002
    Bugbear in the Playground

Here's a silly little story, I'd love if anypony would read it and tell me what you think.
    It is silly. I liked it (though I could see some ponies not being happy that it could be taken as making fun of dysphoria).
    Blue Star Topaz is my name
    Equestria's my station
    The Elements define my creed
    The Herd's my destination

13. - Top - End - #1003
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by the_druid_droid View Post
    I'm fine with most viruses, but with chicken pox I have to face the unnerving fact that it's there in my nervous system just hanging out and waiting to inflict more suffering...

I-I don't handle that knowledge well...

Aye, I find myself doing this, but then I'm kinda weird about maintaining separation between avatars and people anyway...but enough about my spaghetti bowl of a psyche. On to more pony!

(Also, I blame you for making 'aye' part of my everyday parlance...)
    I confounded my pediatrician by getting chicken pox not once, but three times as a kid. Looooots of time home from school for it.

It's a story about Big Macintosh trying to fulfill his dream of becoming a real puppet, and his friends not quite understanding this unusual wish. Features Smartypants, Twilight, Rainbow Dash, Applejack and Trixie. It's meant to be silly and not to be taken very serious.

Let me know if it is any good (or if it's garbage and I should be ashamed), and whether I should send it off to EqD once it's finished. If so, I'd love some thoughts on the exact tags and other keywords too. It doesn't really contain any real shipping IMO, just a bit of unreciprocated flirting. And it wasn't meant to be sad either, but I figured maybe some might find the ending sad or disturbing maybe.

Oh, and maybe implied attempts at mind-altering magic, for those who aren't comfortable with that sort of thing.

Mostly it's just meant to be a silly little story about a pony who wants to be something he's not. I'll stop babbling now and just let you read it.

Spoiler
    Show
    Big Macintosh wiped the sweat from his brow and quietly wondered what in Equestria he might have done to the princess to deserve such a blazing heat on the day he had to plow the fields. Looking up at the clear blue sky the sun seemed to gaze down upon him with radiant glee. It was a day more suited to lounging under an apple tree with a cold bottle of juice than working the fields, but work was work and it all had to be done. The big pony moved his straw to the other side of his mouth in a determined expression and continued his slow trot over the field, the plow creating a deep cut in his wake. If he worked hard he could be done before dinner and enjoy the rest of the evening under that tree. A reward for hard work well done was always welcome.

Working the fields was a slow and monotonous task, which left the stallion with ample time for daydreaming, something he often did. And as usual these days, he found his thoughts drawn to the raggedy doll riding along on his sturdy back. He smiled to himself despite the hard work, “Eeyup, yours is an easy life, mister Smartypants.” As his hooves trotted along in the field, his mind drifted off to stranger places, imagining all the possible lives of a doll or a puppet. If he was a puppet, he could be anything. One day a humble work horse, the next a great adventurer seeking glory and gold in mystical lands, or a grand vizier in the court of the princesses. Such tales the telling of which he could be a part of. Endless possibilities, if only he was a puppet.

“Eeyup!” he drawled. The more he thought about it, the more it always felt like the life of a puppet was the life for him. What a curse it seemed to have been born a simple pony, when he could have been a real puppet in a real play. His daydreaming, however, was abruptly shattered by a cry from above.

“Look out below!” came a drawn out voice moments before a rainbow blur streaked past him and crashed into the ground, plowing violently through the field before coming to a stop several yards away under the shadow of a big chestnut tree which stubbornly refused to step aside for any pegasus.

Big Macintosh stared with a slack-jawed expression at the massive ravine of rocks and dirt that had appeared in his beautifully plowed field. Resetting his jaw into a firm scowl he released himself from the plow and strode purposefully along the ravine to the crash site under the chestnut tree. Sticking his hoof into the crater he pulled out a grinning pegasus. “Rainbow Dash! What have you got to say for yourself?” he asked, throwing his head in the direction of the wrecked fields.

The rainbow mare grinned apologetically, “Heh heh, uh, sorry about that?” She rubbed her shoulder a little at the stare she received, “We were just having a friendly welcome-to-the-weather-team match of sky polo for this new pegasus, and I wanted to show her how it's done here in Ponyville. Heh, I guess I overdid it.”

Big Macintosh switched the straw to the other side of his mouth, “I bet you did,” and turned around, dragging her with him back towards the plow.

He sat her down by the plow and took off his harness, throwing it over her shoulders. “You're gonna fix your own mess,” he said and pointed a hoof at the ravished field.

Rainbow Dash sank a little under the heavy harness, which was at least several sizes too large for her. “Oh, I-I'm no work horse. It would take me forever.” She chuckled a little uncertainly.

“Come on. I'm sorry,” Rainbow Dash's ears drooped, “You can't be serious... Are you serious?”

“Eeyup! Dead serious.”

Big Macintosh just gave a single nod of his head as he took a swig of his juice. The field was once again nicely plowed, and the two ponies were taking a well deserved rest under the big chestnut tree, each with a chilled apple juice, enjoying the last rays of sunlight. Big Macintosh found himself once again adrift in the lands of puppets, this time playing a noble knight with his loyal friend, Smartypants by his side. He sighed at the thought of the great quests they would undertake together.

“You seem a little blue,” he heard Rainbow Dash say, “not that being blue is bad, you know, because it's such an awesome color,” the pegasus continued, apparently having lost the initial line of thought in the boastful rambling that followed. Big Macintosh opened his eyes and gave her a quizzical look. Rainbow Dash grinned, “anyway, you all right there buddy?”

Big Macintosh returned to his half-slumber. “None of your business. You'll just laugh at me, like with my Smartypants doll.”

Rainbow Dash chuckled and gave the stallion a friendly jab on the shoulder, “Hey, it's all in good fun. You know I never meant anything with it. It was just a little funny the way you carry him around all the time. So what's the deal, big guy?”

Big Macintosh sat up with a sigh. “Sometimes I wish I was... different, that I was something else,” he said, a little evasively as he glanced down at the old, raggedy doll leaned against the tree next to him.

Rainbow Dash followed his gaze and pondered the answer, a look of surprise understanding on her face. “Really? Wow... I, you know, just between you and me, I've always felt kinda the same. I didn't know you... I mean...” She smiled, “But hey, you shouldn't be so sad about it. I always thought I was different and, you know, wrong, but then at flight camp I met this really cool person...” her eyes showed a brief sadness, “well, she WAS cool... anyway, she showed me that I wasn't alone and that my dream was worth following. Maybe one day I'll take the step and convince Twilight to look into a spell, you know...” she grinned and gave him a nudge with her hoof, “because dreams are there to be followed.”

He glanced at her for a long time, then nodded, “Eeyup!” It was rare for the rainbow mare to make so much sense, Big Macintosh thought to himself.

Big Macintosh hesitated as he stood before the door to the Ponyville library. It had seemed so clear this morning. After pondering on Rainbow Dash's words of the previous night he had made the decision to seek out Twilight, but could he really go through with it? He lowered his hoof again, settling it back down on the ground and glanced over his shoulder at the doll riding along on his back. The old thing looked back at him with its beady, unblinking eyes. There was a certainty in those eyes, their unchanging gaze inspired determination in the big stallion's heart and with renewed purpose he lifted his hoof once more to give the door to the library a firm rapping.

Twilight's voice was heard clearly through the door. “Spike! Could you get that, please?”

There was a bit of shuffling, then the door opened and Twilight's young assistant looked out at him. “Yes? Oh, hey Big Macintosh. You here to see Twilight?”

The young dragon paused and glanced over his shoulder. “Well, perhaps I could help. You need a book or something? I'm the one who always gets them for Twilight anyway,” he said proudly.

The big red stallion shook his mighty head, “Nnnope. I would like to speak with Twilight... in private.”

Spike grumbled and called for Twilight before disappearing up the stairs. Big Macintosh stepped inside and closed the door behind him. He looked around at all the books and shelves. It wasn't often he came to the library, even his sister only came here because of Twilight. He randomly picked a book from a nearby shelf and examined the cover. “Contemporary Magic Analysis” the title read boldly. Flipping to a random page Big Macintosh gazed at the tight script and arcane symbols.

He smiled as his imagination took over, whisking away the dreary drapery of the real world to make way for the fantasy. “From careful analysis we show that the common Come to Life spell does not satisfy the conditions of Marera's theorem,” the distinguished old scholar spoke to his eager student, the young but brilliant mister Smartypants who was taking copious notes in his little notebook, “and in fact produces undefined results for some objects within its domain.”

He was broken out of his dream by Twilight's friendly voice behind him. “A fascinating topic, isn't it? If you wish a more rigorous examination I would highly recommend some of Coltshy's original work,” the lavender unicorn rambled on as she pulled out an old book from the shelf, “contemporary is fine, but you can't go wrong with the classics, as I always say.”

Seeing Big Macintosh's face, Twilight's own lit up in realization, followed by disappointment. “Oh, you're not here about magical theory. I'm sorry, I should have known you weren't... well, since you're not a unicorn.” She shuffled her hooves a bit, clearly sad that he wasn't going to discuss the esoteric details of magic with her, “Not that that has to stop you, of course! You'd be surprised how many non-unicorns study the theory. Why, Starswirl the Bearded was an earth pony too and one of the great masters of the pre-classical era. His work on the theory of magic led to the development of many unique and diverse spells.” Noticing the patient, but increasingly blank look of the large stallion, Twilight coughed and blushed. “Sorry, I get carried away. What can I do for you today, then?”

Big Macintosh decided to be blunt and get straight to the point. He needed to get this out, and he had never been one to stall anyway. He took a long breath to gather his nerves before speaking. “I was wondering if you could turn me into a puppet.”

“Well, I... what?” Twilight looked up at him with a look of mixed confusion and concern. “Turn you into a... puppet?”

“Eeyup. Like mister Smartypants here,” he gave the doll on his back a nudge with his head.

“And... why would you want that?” Twilight was obviously not grasping the request.

“It's what I've always wanted to be. I wish I was a puppet,” the big stallion said plainly. He wasn't one to meander around the point, even if he felt very uncomfortable talking about it, “it feels right.”

Twilight examined him with a worried look. “I see. I think perhaps I know what your problem is, Big Macintosh. I would be happy to help you.”

Big Macintosh followed her with his eyes as she walked around him. He wasn't exactly sure of her choice of words. “My... problem? That I'm not a puppet?”

Twilight smiled sympathetically. “I'm really sorry, Big Macintosh. It appears that you are suffering from lingering effects of Discord's manipulations, or perhaps of my own Want It, Need It spell.” She looked somewhat ashamed at the mention of that whole incident, even Big Macintosh knew that the princess had been tough on Twilight for it. “It could even be a combination. Magic sometimes has unexpected results when mixed, and Discord's magic was, of course, pretty much by definition unpredictable. But don't worry, I promise I'll find a way to cure you of these... delusions. If nothing else I am certain the princess will know of a way to help you, if my own studies fail.”

Big Macintosh stared at the unicorn as she scrutinized him, supposedly looking for some lingering magic. “I am not joking, and I am not insane.”

“Oh, I know. And trust me, I am terribly sorry if my magic has caused you such problems. I promise I shall make it up to you, you'll be back to your good old self in no time.”

“I am my old self, and I don't want it. I want to be a puppet. A puppet, not a pony!” Big Macintosh felt himself growing frustrated at the lack of understanding. Why couldn't she understand, he was speaking plainly was he not?

Twilight bit her lip. “I'm... sorry, Big Macintosh. I can only imagine the kind of confusion you're going through. But even if I could, it would not be ethical to turn a pony into a puppet, even temporarily. The possibility, however small, of permanent damage, both physically and emotionally... No, I'm sorry.”

Big Macintosh sighed and turned around. “Sorry for taking your time, then,” he drawled.

Twilight rushed in front of him, pushing him back. “Oh my... Please, you are not well. I don't know what effect Discord or my spell might have had on you, but it is imperative that we find out so that we can prevent any further complications.”

“Don't worry, I'll help you. Now just stay here, don't go, I need to find a book... SPIKE!” Twilight turned and began scanning the shelves for some book. Seeing his chance, Big Macintosh bolted out through the door and galloped down the street, away from the library and the crazy unicorn. He felt terrible. He had hoped Twilight would understand, that she would help him fulfill his dream. Instead she thought he was just making it up.

Big Macintosh ran. He wasn't sure where he was going, but he needed to be away from Ponyville, away from all the ponies looking at him, away from all the ponies who couldn't see him as anything but another pony.

He slowed down and trotted along a lonely road outside Ponyville, walking for a bit before stopping to sit down under a tree by the side of the road. Out here the world was quiet, out here he could sit and just be, without having to be anything. He leaned back against the tree and looked up at the sky. Was it really so odd that he wanted to be a puppet, not a pony? And if Twilight wouldn't help him, who would?

His thoughts were disturbed by a sound some distance away. His ears perked up as he listened. Somewhere somepony was complaining loudly to themselves.

“Stupid wagon, stupid ditch, stupid wagon getting stuck in stupid ditch! Stupid Twilight Sparkle who would lift the stupid thing out of there with her stupid magic! Oh how she would gloat if she was here now!”

Big Macintosh got up and followed the voice. Coming over a small hill he saw a lonely unicorn trying to get a large wagon out of the ditch all by herself, a hopeless task it seemed. Her azure coat was muddy and her nearly white mane a mess from the frantic work. She didn't notice Big Macintosh as he walked up behind her.

“The Great and Powerful Trixie demands that you get free this instant, you stupid wagon!” She cried in frustration and kicked the wagon, to which it remained completely ignorant.

Trixie, which seemed to be her name, jumped and spun around. “Ah!” Self-conscious about her display of surprise, the unicorn quickly switched tone, “Didn't somepony ever tell you not to sneak up on ponies, hmm? No matter,” she gave the stallion an appraising look, “you appear capable. The Great and Powerful Trixie demands that you get her wagon out of this ditch for her. Perhaps she could be convinced to...” she looked him over again, smiling, “reward such a handsome pony for the trouble.”

“Eeyup,” the stallion said, ignoring the friendly wink, and took quick stock of the wagon. The unicorn watched hopefully as he walked around the carriage and gave it a good push, his muscles flexing as he put all his strength behind it. The wagon gave a little, then began slowly rolling back out on the road.

“Yes, yes, that's the stuff!” Trixie cheered as Big Macintosh pushed the heavy wagon free of the ditch. “My, you are a strong one,” she grinned, “a proper stallion aren't you? Not like those sops Trixie paid back in Hoofington to pull the thing, if she ever see those two again...” Big Macintosh stopped the wagon and wiped his brow. Trixie winked at him, “so how can the Great and Powerful Trixie reward you? Perhaps you would like to come in for a... drink, hmm?”

“Nnnope,” he drawled and turned to walk back the way he came. The last thing he wanted was company right now.

Trixie watched him for a moment, before rushing after him. “Wait, don't go. Surely there is something... anything that Trixie can offer as thanks?” She puffed herself up a little, “It is not often that she offers such, and certainly not to anypony, you should know.”

“You wouldn't understand,” he said plainly, keeping his pace and hoping the stranger would leave him be so he could return to brooding under a tree.

“Oh? Perhaps Trixie did not introduce herself properly? It is not for nothing that she is called the Great and Powerful Trixie. Whatever your problem, good sir, Trixie will know the cure!”

“Nnnope! I need no cure,” he said, holding back his annoyance at the persistent mare, “Twilight Sparkle didn't understand either.” There was silence at last. Big Macintosh drew a slight breath of relief at the peace, but it was short-lived.

Trixie stormed past him and stopped in front of him, eyes wide and insistent, “Wait! Twilight Sparkle, from Ponyville? She couldn't help you?” Trixie looked at him intently, “Then the Great and Powerful Trixie will do it! Whatever it is, whatever Twilight couldn't do for you, Trixie will do instead! Just ask, and she will do it, and you better not doubt it!”

Big Macintosh stared at the crazy mare, then sighed. “Can you make me a puppet?”

Trixie blinked, then thought a bit, “is that all? Trixie can... can make you a puppet, sure. She already has a few in her wagon - for her shows you understand, purely for show! - maybe you'd like one of those? It would be a small thing, Trixie would give you one gladly.”

The big red stallion shook his big red head, “Nnnope, I want you to turn me into a puppet.”

Big Macintosh sighed, “Sorry for your time, miss,” and walked past Trixie. Maybe now he could get some peace and quiet to mull things over. It was certainly proving a challenge.

“No, wait!” Trixie called, a hint of desperation in her voice. “I'll do it! I mean... the Great and Powerful Trixie will do what Twilight Sparkle couldn't. The Great and Powerful Trixie promises to turn you into a puppet, because she can!” Big Macintosh turned around to see if she was joking, but Trixie looked serious. “Come back tomorrow, Trixie will be here.”

The farm was quiet as he returned, stepping carefully to not alert anypony. They were probably worried, but he could explain it all tomorrow. He just hoped they would accept his wish. He continued up the path and through the gate, but stopped when he spotted a familiar pony sitting outside the barn, leaning against the wall under the shadow of her hat.

Applejack lifted her head and pushed the hat up to look at him. “Ah was gettin' worried, big brother, ah thought ya ran off there. Very unlike ya.”

“Nnnope,” Big Macintosh said, trying to avoid getting into further discussion of the topic.

Applejack stood up. “Well, that's good an' all, 'cause I spoke to Twilight and she was very worried for ya too. We also had a little talk with Rainbow Dash, an' she was real sorry for givin' ya such ideas, ain't that right RD?”

Big Macintosh turned to look at the rainbow mare who had been standing nearby without him noticing. She scraped the ground with one hoof, ashamedly, “Yeah... yeah, I'm really sorry. I thought we, you know, were talking about something else. But, you know...”

“She thinks ya should let Twilight help ya, so ya can forget these silly ideas, isn't that right?”

Big Macintosh glared at his sister, “I don't need no 'cure', and that's that!” With that he trotted past her towards the barn.

“Ah'm sorry, big brother,” Before he could react to what was going on, Applejack had launched herself at him, trying to tackle him. “It's for your own best. Twilight, quick, ah got him!”

Twilight appeared in a flash before him and lowered her horn towards him as he fought with Applejack. He wasn't sure where this was going, but he knew for sure he wanted none of it. “Nnnope!” He roared and kicked off Applejack before trampling over a surprised Twilight. He could hear them calling angrily for Rainbow Dash behind him as he ran, jumping over the fence to the apple orchard. He knew he couldn't outrun them, but maybe he could lose them among all the trees.

A rainbow blur hit the ground in front of him like a prismatic bolt of lightning from the sky. “Run north!” Rainbow Dash said quickly, “I'll lead them the other way. Go!” And with that the rainbow mare was gone again. Not stopping to wonder at the unexpected aid, Big Macintosh turned and galloped north among the densely growing trees.

He didn't stop until he could no longer see the farm behind him or hear the distant calls of his name.

“Good, you are here. Trixie was getting worried you wouldn't show up, but Trixie promised she would turn you into a puppet, and Trixie is a mare of her word. She has prepared and soon she shall show that obnoxious little Twilight who is the better unicorn, oh yes!”

Big Macintosh shook his head heavily, “Nnnope, Twilight can't know. She doesn't understand.”

Trixie frowned, “You're asking an awful lot now, big guy. The Great and Powerful Trixie was looking forward to showing up Twilight Sparkle, what is in it for her now if you won't let her do that?”

Trixie scrunched up her face, “Trixie did, and so you did.” She looked him over thoughtfully, “Trixie thinks it is a great shame to turn such a strong and handsome stallion into a mere puppet, but she did promise.” She tilted her head as she pondered, muttering to herself, “Perhaps Trixie could show you off in her show, yes... yes,” she lit up, “Trixie will grant your wish, and in return she shall be your new mistress. Together we shall tour the lands and tell such grand stories, of the Great and Powerful Trixie and her enchanted puppet.”

Big Macintosh neighed and nodded vigorously at the prospect of finally being a real puppet in a real puppet show. Oh the lives he would live and stories he would tell.

“Good. Good!” Trixie chuckled with glee, as she moved him into place. “You stand there, stand very still and be quiet. This will require Trixie's full attention. Ready, big guy?”

“Eeyup!” Big Macintosh felt ecstatic but stood as still and quiet as only he could. Trixie's horn glowed, the light quickly increasing in intensity as the stallion felt himself lifted into the air. Soon... soon his greatest dream would come true. Soon he would finally become what he had always dreamed of. A deep smile spread across his face as he embraced his destiny.

Trixie clenched her teeth in an expression of intense concentration, tiny beads of sweat forming on her brow as the magic coursing through her grew to new heights. This was it, her greatest moment, outshining that little miss know-it-all! “You may have defeated an Ursa Minor, but I turned a pony into a puppet. A real puppet! Hahah!” Trixie collapsed with a cry of success. She had done it!

“Trixie is pleased, my puppet!” Trixie laughed as she held up the wooden stallion by its threads, “All stallions should be as willing to please their mistress, don't you agree?” The puppet nodded enthusiastically, “Good! We'll make a fine pair, my puppet. A fine pair! And Equestria, neigh the very world, will bow down before us in praise and adoration!”

A running of hooves on the road behind her made Trixie turn around with an annoyed expression. “What now? Trixie is not in the mood to be disturbed, she is far too busy being pleased with herself!” She frowned as a purple unicorn came running down the road and stopped when she saw Trixie.

“Greetings friend, have you seen...” The unicorn broke off as she looked closer at the pony in front of her, “Oh, Trixie... hello,” she frowned a little, “have you seen a big red stallion around here? He ran away and we're very concerned for his well being.”

Trixie quickly hid the puppet behind her and straightened up, puffing out her chest and giving Twilight a haughty gaze. “The Great and Powerful Trixie knows not of what you speak, Twilight Sparkle. Now run along, Trixie requires peace and quiet so she can practice her amazing magic without your pointless distractions.”

Twilight looked at her, before finally shaking her head. “Right. If you do see him please tell him we're sorry and want him to come back.” Without wasting any further time, Twilight galloped off down the road.

Trixie smirked as she watched her nemesis run off without a clue of what had transpired. “You know, my puppet, Trixie thinks it is even more satisfying to leave the foal in ignorance than to show her up in front of everypony. She will never know what Trixie knows. Poor ignorant Twilight,” she said as she stepped inside her wagon, Big Macintosh dangling in his threads behind her.

I... hm. Well, that's certainly... different.

I'd say to go ahead and submit it. It was a good read, if a peculiar... and indeed, somewhat disturbing concept.

I... I don't think there was anything in my psych textbooks about what to do for a patient who wants to be a puppet... maybe I need to check again. o.o;

Nah, I'm not too worried. There's a /new episode/ Saturday. All will be well in twenty one hours, fifty four minutes, and twenty four seconds.
    Last edited by Neoseanster; 2011-11-04 at 11:06 AM.

14. - Top - End - #1004
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by the_druid_droid View Post
    I personally am a fan of the idea that names should have meaning to them; it's an idea that's faded, at least in the post-Industrial Revolution west, but to my mind, that's a tragedy. Perhaps ponies still have that tradition - that a name is meant to say something about the person/pony it names.
    Yeah, I like the idea too. I'm not sure how much meaning pony names would have, however. Clearly a little, but maybe on the other hoof they aren't great prophecies either

Quote Originally Posted by Topaz View Post
    It is silly. I liked it (though I could see some ponies not being happy that it could be taken as making fun of dysphoria).
    How so? I don't want to give the impression that I'm making fun of anypony.

Quote Originally Posted by Neoseanster View Post
    I... hm. Well, that's certainly... different.

I'd say to go ahead and submit it. It was a good read, if a peculiar... and indeed, somewhat disturbing concept.

I... I don't think there was anything in my psych textbooks about what to do for a patient who wants to be a puppet... maybe I need to check again. o.o;
    Thanks.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was a known condition, if probably not very common. Maybe not puppets specifically, but inanimate or at least non-human things in general.

15. - Top - End - #1005
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dexam View Post
    Our fandom is becoming more and more manestream.
    It is?
    Whelp, better find something more obscure. Nice knowing y'all.

AWESOME.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

16. - Top - End - #1006
    Troll in the Playground

And why in the nine hells wouldn't they love it? This is probably the first time any show of theirs has had a following as major as FiM.
    Isn't Transformers a Hasbro product?
    Thanks to Dirty Tabs for the Travis pony.

Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to A Thousand Words for the My Little Simhata avatar, and thanks to Trixie for fixing the cropping.

Breakdown Twilight from Pony Halloween celebration, thanks to Thanqol.

Thanks to Akrim.Elf for the awesome Laharl pony.

17. - Top - End - #1007
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

“Eeyup! Dead serious.”

I... am not sure what to say of this piece. It was... certainly rather disturbing. (I believe you portrayed Big Mac here to be rather delusional, if not outright schizophrenic, if I'm not reading my Pysch textbooks wrong.)

18. - Top - End - #1008
    Orc in the Playground

My Biology teacher said both the words "heartstrings" and "Semi Lunar Valve" with thirty seconds of each other today. It amused me.

19. - Top - End - #1009

How so? I don't want to give the impression that I'm making fun of anypony.
    It portrays a character who thinks that their body is wrong (i.e., dysphoria). That can be a hot button issue; I've seen it happen before.
    Blue Star Topaz is my name
    Equestria's my station
    The Elements define my creed
    The Herd's my destination

20. - Top - End - #1010
    Dwarf in the Playground

Heya all you ponies! How ya doing? ^^ Sorry I haven't popped up for a bit, reality can really kick you in the flanks when you're not looking! Anyways, onto recent stuff. ^^

All my Google-fu came up with was this. Sadly way too small to make out details. Also, not Trixie

Spoiler
    Show
    -(Adjusts glasses)- That is definitely a Fluttershy. Eeyup. Definitely a Fluttershy.

I personally... ponially... whatever. I personally think that Heartstrings is a far better name than Lyria, but seeing as Heartstrings was designed as a 'Twi-Clone' toy wise, you could potentially argue that Lyra and HeartStrings could be two different ponies all together - same coloring, same cutie-mark, different appearances.

They could even be twins! ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Kris Strife View Post
    Isn't Transformers a Hasbro product?
    Why, yes it is! Which is what makes Ponyformers awesome. ^^ But I think he meant a fan following for a decidedly nitched product, such as My Little Ponies, which was obviously originally designed for young girls, developing such a huge outcry of support from a wide variety of age groups, which includes the opposite gender for what they were going for.

Needless to say, yes, this is a decided victory in the Childrens Animation genre. I have been rather worried about the downhill spiral that Animation has been falling in, quality wise, but shows like MLP FiM is giving me hope for my future careers.
    Last edited by InkwellPony; 2011-11-04 at 11:47 AM.

21. - Top - End - #1011

So. I sent this into EqD, but I'll post it up here too. Copy-Pasta!

Hiya Everypony!
    I'm looking for some talented singers who will be attending BroNYcon January. I am going to be organizing an event titled "An Ode to Daniel Ingram", since he's one of the guests of honor at the convention. My plan is to re-create all of the 'major' pony songs with live signing (and if possible musical accompaniment, but I'll get to that later). What I need is nine females with singing voices that sound similar to the Mane Six and the Cutie Mark Crusaders. In addition, the finale will of course be "At the Gala", so I'm going to need a plethora of males to sing backup (figuring three to six, but that number is up for debate). If you're interested, please send an E-Mail to "[email protected]" with the subject line "Daniel Ingram Audition [Pony Name]" (if you're auditioning for a male part, instead of pony name just put "backup singer") containing either a link to a YouTube video of your audition, or a .mp3. Auditions can be anything that you feel portrays your abilities, but singing would be preferable. The planned song list and order is as follows (and yes, whoever plays Pinkie Pie is getting one heck of a vocal work out):

1. My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Theme Song (All Six)
    2. Giggle at the Ghostie (Pinkie Pie / Bit Parts: Rainbow Dash, Twilight Sparkle, Rarity)
    3. Hop Skip and Jump (Pinkie Pie)
    4. Cupcakes (Pinkie Pie / Bit Part: Applebloom)
    5. Art of the Dress (Rarity / Bit Part: Rest of Mane 6)
    6. Hush Now Quiet Now (Fluttershy, Sweetie Belle)
    7. Cutie Mark Crusaders Theme (Applebloom, Sweetie Belle, Scootaloo)
    8. You've gotta Share (Pinkie Pie)
    9. So many Wonders (Fluttershy)
    10. Singing Telegram (Pinkie Pie)
    11. Pony Pokey (Pinkie Pie / Bit Part: Fluttershy)

-Small Break-

12. Winter Wrap Up (All Female Singers. CMC act as female backup.)
    13. At the Gala (All Singers. CMC act as Female backup.)

If anypony has any questions whatsoever, feel free to E-Mail me at the same address above, "[email protected]". As for musical accompaniment, here's the deal. Right now, the plan is to use the vocal free versions of these songs readily available on YouTube as backup. If you have talent with an instrument that is used in one of the songs, let me know and send me a cover. If you will be at BroNYcon, we can most likely set something up for you to be involved and work accompanying the singers, the more the merrier!

Channeling his Inner Twilight Sparkle,
    - Haybuck
    Avatar by DirtyTabs in the Adopt-A-Pony thread.

Thank you all so much for voting!
    Co-Winner of Rainbow Dash in the Playground!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    For your dedication to ponies and giving us all entertainment with your quote tree o' doom, I hereby award you the Louisianan Purchase. How can I do that? Long story short, let's just say I picked a doozy of a poker game to go "all in".

22. - Top - End - #1012
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by InkwellPony View Post
    Why, yes it is! Which is what makes Ponyformers awesome. ^^
    Ponybots wage their battles to destroy the evil forces of...
    the Decepticolts!

23. - Top - End - #1013
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    I... am not sure what to say of this piece. It was... certainly rather disturbing. (I believe you portrayed Big Mac here to be rather delusional, if not outright schizophrenic, if I'm not reading my Pysch textbooks wrong.)
    Delusional most likely. I don't know enough psychology to say anything about schizophrenia.

There is the possibility that Twilight was right, that it is a lingering effect of her Want It, Need It spell, or Discord's doings.

It is also possible that it is a genuine desire. There's a growing debate about things like people wanting to have unnecessary amputations and going to great and dangerous lengths to get it any way they can (heard about some guy shooting himself in the leg with a shotgun so they'd be forced to remove his leg).

And of course there's the rather less dramatic topic of gender issues, and a growing recognition that some people may genuinely feel that they should be something else than what they were born as.

If I had any big idea with this story, it's mostly about the prospect of future technology making it possible to be something you weren't born as, and whether some people may genuinely want that. In that sense it is meant to have a kinda happy ending, actually.

Quote Originally Posted by Topaz View Post
    It portrays a character who thinks that their body is wrong (i.e., dysphoria). That can be a hot button issue; I've seen it happen before.
    Ah, yes. I do worry that maybe some people may read its intention as pretty much opposite of what I was thinking while writing it.

24. - Top - End - #1014
    Ettin in the Playground

People are just having some fun. And people will have plenty of stuff to complain about tomorrow, seeing as how tomorrow should give plenty of food for the Rarity or Sweetie Belle haters, depending on how the episode goes.

And why in the nine hells wouldn't they love it? This is probably the first time any show of theirs has had a following as major as FiM.
    *COUGH* Transformers *COUGH*.
    Last edited by Gamerlord; 2011-11-04 at 12:16 PM.
    Credit for my various avatars goes to Dashwood,Cealocanth,Kwarkpudding,Randomizer,kpengu in,Alarra,Bisected8,zimmerwald1915, and Thanqol.

Once known as "Gamerkid".

25. - Top - End - #1015
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

That's hilariously sterile.
    Huh. I was under the impression that we made up a sizable portion of the fanbase.

20? There are 20 within 2 blocks of campus. If we're looking at walkable from campus, there may very well be hundreds.
    Edit: Apparently they met at Viceroy.

Anyways, I'm in Berkeley. Why haven't I heard of this? I want to meet bronies in real life.

Quote Originally Posted by Neoseanster View Post
    Nah, I'm not too worried. There's a /new episode/ Saturday. All will be well in twenty one hours, fifty four minutes, and twenty four seconds.
    Saturday? But I want in nooooow!
    Last edited by Gaelbert; 2011-11-04 at 12:54 PM.

26. - Top - End - #1016

Spoiler
    Show

“Eeyup! Dead serious.”

That was certainly an interesting story. I think I'd like to see a follow-up as well.

27. - Top - End - #1017
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by byaku rai View Post
    That was certainly an interesting story. I think I'd like to see a follow-up as well.

I think I'd prefer to see somepony else write a follow-up rather than do it myself.

28. - Top - End - #1018
    Troll in the Playground

Wow, so I woke up this morning to find that ponythread had progressed by only one page. Saving up for tomorrow guys?

@Deadly: Well... that was an interesting story, if a little creepy. I mean, if he's a puppet is it like being in stone, or is he... aware? Don't answer that, I'd rather not know either way.

Just one nitpick though; you keep refering to "Mister" Smartypants. Smartypants is a girl ("I really like her mane!")
    Used to be Diego Havoc
    Spoiler: About Me
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    Diego Havoc, one of the hoopier froods I've met, up there with DeLancie.

29. - Top - End - #1019
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Diego Havoc View Post
    @Deadly: Well... that was an interesting story, if a little creepy. I mean, if he's a puppet is it like being in stone, or is he... aware? Don't answer that, I'd rather not know either way.

Just one nitpick though; you keep refering to "Mister" Smartypants. Smartypants is a girl ("I really like her mane!")
    Whoops Thanks for catching that one... how embarrassing

30. - Top - End - #1020

Wow, so I woke up this morning to find that ponythread had progressed by only one page. Saving up for tomorrow guys?
    Ponythread has been much slower lately. I wonder if it's because of the IRC.