New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 49 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Ponythread Learns to Draw! Together!

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly View Post
    So I went and updated an old vector drawing of mine, my very first one uploaded to dA, in fact. It was made almost a year ago for my homegrown fantasy world (which I really need to get back to working on), and I've always been pretty happy with it. And now I'm even happier with it.

Random lycanthrope (alas, not a pony):
    *snip*
    Not a total redrawing, but still a rather major tweaking.

For comparison, the old one:
    *snip*
    The picture is very solid and it's of a lycanthrope which is worth some bonus points. A defiant improvement over the old one, especially on the hair.
    But I must echo Diego Havoc's comment on the eyes. They do have a bit of derpy look about them, probably because it looks like a three quarters view but the eye furthest from the viewer is cut off and doesn't have any foreshortening so it looks a bit odd. But I don't know if that's the abstract style your going for.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Mirrsen View Post
    Not a whole lot of activity here lately, hm?

Well, can't have that.

I'm trying to improve my coloring, shading and highlighting (I keep the latter two separate for some reason), and I've decided that a random pony could do very well for the purpose.
    Thank you for posting these step by step color works in progress with comments. I for one, will be reading your posts with interest!

Quote Originally Posted by Geno9999 View Post
    Alright, my first entry into this thread:
    Meet Frantz Kruger

For one, it's a bit of a rough sketch.
    Two, I did it without any references, so his mane and tail are more messy than they should be, and details on his coat is missing as well.
    No shame in rough sketches!
    I never played the game and thus don't know the reference, however, it looks good. The only obvious thing that is off is the size of the back legs, I think they should be a bit thicker.

Quote Originally Posted by Diego Havoc View Post
    Thanks! Though, I was going for more smug than murderous. It IS still Trixie in the outfit, after all. Maybe I'll expand the pupils a little.
    Sorry about that! Pony's pupils are so big and I've seen so many murderous pony images that now I equate small pupils with murder. I'm sure that statement says something about me but I'm not sure what.

Well, I decided to follow the_druid_droid's advice and draw a action shot. Try to draw those ponies doing something.

Spoiler
    Show
    Today I woke up and couldn't think up a good picture. I wanted ponies fighting, but fighting what? I considered a dragon or hydra, but didn't feel like it. Then it hit me, the Cretan Bull! Everyone's favorite monster! Since the Cretan Bull was famous for destroying orchards and crops on Crete, the Apple family would naturally take it on. Also it's a bull and Applejack's a cowpony. Thus I started to draw and this came up four hours later.

Sketch,

Spoiler
    Show

Crude Coloring,

Spoiler
    Show

The ponies are off model, as show references couldn't be used for these poses, instead I had to use common horse poses (with varying results). The coloring is sloppy and haphazard, and I'm really sorry for not cleaning up the picture but I ran out of time.
    But I am somewhat happy with it and will probably try to clean it up and fancy up the coloring some other day.

2. - Top - End - #212
    Ogre in the Playground

When browsing the internet I came across this pony drawing tutorial which I have found incredibly useful:

Spoiler
    Show

By following it's instructions I have found I've been able to draw some excellent pony:

Spoiler
    Show

Last edited by Jahkaivah; 2011-11-13 at 10:42 PM.
    Steamname: Atheist God, if you're lucky.

3. - Top - End - #213
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jahkaivah View Post
    When browsing the internet I came across this pony drawing tutorial which I have found incredibly useful:

Spoiler
    Show

By following it's instructions I have found I've been able to draw some excellent pony:

Spoiler
    Show

Excellent work, they look just like the actual ponies
    Thanks to Skeppio for my avatar.

4. - Top - End - #214
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bakuel View Post
    Well, I decided to follow the_druid_droid's advice and draw a action shot. Try to draw those ponies doing something.

Spoiler
    Show
    Today I woke up and couldn't think up a good picture. I wanted ponies fighting, but fighting what? I considered a dragon or hydra, but didn't feel like it. Then it hit me, the Cretan Bull! Everyone's favorite monster! Since the Cretan Bull was famous for destroying orchards and crops on Crete, the Apple family would naturally take it on. Also it's a bull and Applejack's a cowpony. Thus I started to draw and this came up four hours later.

Sketch,

Spoiler
    Show

Crude Coloring,

Spoiler
    Show

The ponies are off model, as show references couldn't be used for these poses, instead I had to use common horse poses (with varying results). The coloring is sloppy and haphazard, and I'm really sorry for not cleaning up the picture but I ran out of time.
    But I am somewhat happy with it and will probably try to clean it up and fancy up the coloring some other day.
    This actually looks really nice! The ponies are a bit off-model, but it's not really bothersome, and I think the style works quite well for the picture. Also, the color looks nice, and I think if you cleaned it up, it would be an excellent piece!

Also, I got my Christmas present early (it's a tablet!) so I doodled some ponies. They're rather quick and only so-so but I'm just trying to get the feel of using the pen right now, so I won't bother with a reference comparison:
    Spoiler
    Show
    This Machine Surrounds Hate And Forces It To Surrender

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    DD, your unicorn is stronger, prettier, and higher-ranking than mine, and her secret lab has a better name than mine. THERE SHALL BE NO QUARTER.
    Ponythread Learns to Draw!

Spoiler
    Show
    Bleeeeh! Alfalfa Monster!

5. - Top - End - #215
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by the_druid_droid View Post
    My suggestion for this is to make heavy use of the show as a reference. The artists put a lot of effort into differentiating the cast via mane style, so if you really try to incorporate the key features, it'll probably help. I know that in my own sketching, the ponies don't really seem very differentiated until the mane is added.
    I don't have trouble with ponies, especially if I have something to reference, but it's not always easy to translate the show's manes to humans, apparently.

It's pretty good, I like the design, but I think the eyes look a little derped. I think it's because her left eye seems to be looking right at the viewer, while the right seems to be looking forward.
    Hmm, it doesn't look derped to me, but maybe the left eye should show less of the iris.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    Nice.
    I would suggest the same thing I always do; start with an imaginary bone structure, or at least a skull and some lines. The eyes particularly; you will always get your best results if you sketch in the orbital cavity (eye socket) and then draw lids over that. It guarantees internal consistency even when using an art style that calls for wonky proportions.
    I don't usually make actual structures like that. I start with a very hard pencil, drawing a very crude outline of the pose and body, then I just incrementally refine it and add details. Sometimes I use a few guiding lines to make sure things are properly aligned, I did in this case, but mostly I just keep drawing/erasing until it looks right.

My phone tweaked a second when I opened the spoiler. I got to scroll up her legs. It was an interestingly self-conscious act. Haha.

Only thing that pops out at me is the head position. The lower part of the mandible that anchors the masseter; that is, the "corner" of the jawbone that is so pronounced in chiseled jaws on rugged men, generally cannot go farther than halfway around the neck. If you imagine a top-down view, with facing forward being 90 degrees, that particular part of the bone cannot go much farther (if at all) than 0 degrees and 180 degrees. Here, the bone is sitting at about 4, 5 degrees past that line (maybe more, going from memory). You'd have to take her jaw, and...

Well, words fail me here. I'll ruminate and see if I can come up with anything constructive.

Nice, though! Very well done.
    Heh, and her legs I'd say are the least interesting

I'm not sure I understand what you mean. Her pose is probably a little off, but I'm not sure how to fix it and it doesn't look all that bad to me.

Thanks, though :)

The picture is very solid and it's of a lycanthrope which is worth some bonus points. A defiant improvement over the old one, especially on the hair.
    But I must echo Diego Havoc's comment on the eyes. They do have a bit of derpy look about them, probably because it looks like a three quarters view but the eye furthest from the viewer is cut off and doesn't have any foreshortening so it looks a bit odd. But I don't know if that's the abstract style your going for.
    Yeah, I'm really happy with the improvement on the hair. That's probably also where I did the most improvements.

I'm not entirely sure on the eye either. I think it may be partially the style.

6. - Top - End - #216
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Sketch,

Spoiler
    Show

Crude Coloring,

Spoiler
    Show

That looks incredible! It doesn't really look off model to me. Very dynamic action scene. I particularily like how you did Big Mac. I look forward to seeing a cleaned up version.

Anyway, here's the cleaned up line art for my Trixie/Trucy cosplay pic:
    Spoiler
    Show

Looking good so far, I think. Just needs, as Jahkaivah put it, a good coat of paint.

I think I'll also practice doing the lines the way Deadly mentioned. Hopefully that will give it a better look.
    Used to be Diego Havoc
    Spoiler: About Me
    Show
    Diego Havoc, one of the hoopier froods I've met, up there with DeLancie.

7. - Top - End - #217
    Banned

Welp, I finally happened. Inkwell drew something that I cannot fathom coming from mine own quill, and so I'm gonna mope for a spell then get back on the horse and bust my and it's bums to get back ahead of the pack- or at least close enough to feel I'm still in the race

Seriously, Inkwell. You're awesome.

This actually looks really nice! The ponies are a bit off-model, but it's not really bothersome, and I think the style works quite well for the picture. Also, the color looks nice, and I think if you cleaned it up, it would be an excellent piece!

Also, I got my Christmas present early (it's a tablet!) so I doodled some ponies. They're rather quick and only so-so but I'm just trying to get the feel of using the pen right now, so I won't bother with a reference comparison:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ach. Your tablet skills are better than mine and I hate you *pout*

Nah we're still cool. But still, that's really good, especially since you just got the thing. Keep it up!

I don't usually make actual structures like that. I start with a very hard pencil, drawing a very crude outline of the pose and body, then I just incrementally refine it and add details. Sometimes I use a few guiding lines to make sure things are properly aligned, I did in this case, but mostly I just keep drawing/erasing until it looks right.
    *nods*
    I would suggest against doing that, in the long run. It's easier to mod a structure if you expand out from the core, rather than filling in the hollow spots. It's an amine trap; you get so good at drawing a Hawkins and framing it with hair that you can't draw a head or face without those benchmarks
    Or well, I can't, most of the time. If you're comfy where you are then stay the course, of course. But if you want to expand, get away from outlines. They confine your art, rather than define the art. Y'know?

Heh, and her legs I'd say are the least interesting
    Well, I mean there's only so much checking out your anthropology character I'll admit too, y'know? XD

I'm not sure I understand what you mean. Her pose is probably a little off, but I'm not sure how to fix it and it doesn't look all that bad to me.

Thanks, though :)
    Aye, sorry. I'm very tactile-visual, which means things I've learned I've learned as diagrams in my head, or as sensations; drawing is a combination of pictures half finished in memory, and the feel of graphite dragging, the snap of lead, the crispness of paper slowly flexing beneath the nib. Putting that into words is hard.

Even worse; I tried drawing out the diagram I had in mind to better explain, and well... I can't actually draw that pose.
    So the only thing that really struck me was her jaw-line was too far back. I don't know how else to describe it without an anatomy lesson I'm afraid. Thanqol should know, when he next shows up. He did the same pose and got actual good advice instead of my rambling :/

I'm still jealous of your colorin though. Gotta get me that computer...

8. - Top - End - #218

So I went and updated an old vector drawing of mine, my very first one uploaded to dA, in fact. It was made almost a year ago for my homegrown fantasy world (which I really need to get back to working on), and I've always been pretty happy with it. And now I'm even happier with it.

Random lycanthrope (alas, not a pony):
    Spoiler
    Show

Not a total redrawing, but still a rather major tweaking.

For comparison, the old one:

Spoiler
    Show

Thanks. I always have trouble with hair, I always struggle to not make it look the same for all characters. Something to keep working on, I suppose

Looks very nice, low quality aside. I'm not familiar with the reference, but she looks cute and sophisticated. I think after a little cleaning up it would look smashin'
    The only real issues I can see with this lycan are her eyes (although that may be intentional) and her center of gravity. It looks a bit farther back than it should be. Ways to fix that include making her lean forward a bit, bending her knees some, and/or shifting the feet back some. Reverse knees are /hard/.

9. - Top - End - #219

So, Drawthread. I have a few questions for you.

First, do you know this man?

He is my bro.
    Bro, not brother. We are not related, nor are we African-American.

I decided to draw this picture of him.
    Not him, obviously, his avatar.

Spoiler
    Show

Here is my second question: Now that I have this, do I:

A) Trick/Force him into setting it as his avatar
    OR
    B) Set it as my own, and see how long before he notices?

You have until midnight (GMT -8) on Wednesday to vote.
    I have a band!
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #220

Hello all, I haven't posted anything yet, but I have been thread lurking (I actually am unsure if I can post Inkscape drawings or if this is only for hand-drawn works).

@Vorpalbob- I would say option B, it would probably be funnier once he notices.

11. - Top - End - #221
    Titan in the Playground

Aye, sorry. I'm very tactile-visual, which means things I've learned I've learned as diagrams in my head, or as sensations; drawing is a combination of pictures half finished in memory, and the feel of graphite dragging, the snap of lead, the crispness of paper slowly flexing beneath the nib. Putting that into words is hard.

Even worse; I tried drawing out the diagram I had in mind to better explain, and well... I can't actually draw that pose.
    So the only thing that really struck me was her jaw-line was too far back. I don't know how else to describe it without an anatomy lesson I'm afraid. Thanqol should know, when he next shows up. He did the same pose and got actual good advice instead of my rambling :/
    I think I see what you mean. I guess it's always hard to get pose and anatomy completely right. Practice, practice, practice, I guess

I'm still jealous of your colorin though. Gotta get me that computer...
    Thanks. I do think I've gotten quite good at this vectorin' business. Biggest problem is getting a good base to work on.

Quote Originally Posted by byaku rai View Post
    The only real issues I can see with this lycan are her eyes (although that may be intentional) and her center of gravity. It looks a bit farther back than it should be. Ways to fix that include making her lean forward a bit, bending her knees some, and/or shifting the feet back some. Reverse knees are /hard/.
    Hmm. Yeah, these kinds of legs are difficult to get right. It's also where I paid the least attention with this pic, I mostly focused on the head.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowySilence View Post
    (I actually am unsure if I can post Inkscape drawings or if this is only for hand-drawn works).
    I do, so I'd say you can too :)

12. - Top - End - #222
    Banned

Hello all, I haven't posted anything yet, but I have been thread lurking (I actually am unsure if I can post Inkscape drawings or if this is only for hand-drawn works).

@Vorpalbob- I would say option B, it would probably be funnier once he notices.
    Please, post away! So long as it's art, you're good. Hay, they even let me in here...

13. - Top - End - #223
    Dwarf in the Playground

I just want to thank everyone for the kind words for my last picture, but I fear now my head will become so bloated that I won't be able to think straight.

That looks incredible! It doesn't really look off model to me. Very dynamic action scene. I particularily like how you did Big Mac. I look forward to seeing a cleaned up version.

Anyway, here's the cleaned up line art for my Trixie/Trucy cosplay pic:

Looking good so far, I think. Just needs, as Jahkaivah put it, a good coat of paint.

I think I'll also practice doing the lines the way Deadly mentioned. Hopefully that will give it a better look.
    The clean line art looks great! The bigger pupils also look nice, I can't wait to see the finished picture.

Congratulations on getting the tablet! Tablets are awesome!
    It took me a long time to get used to one, but it was really worth it.
    Judging by your picture you seem to be already doing great with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vorpalbob View Post
    So, Drawthread. I have a few questions for you.

First, do you know this man?

He is my bro.
    Bro, not brother. We are not related, nor are we African-American.

I decided to draw this picture of him.
    Not him, obviously, his avatar.

Spoiler
    Show

Here is my second question: Now that I have this, do I:

A) Trick/Force him into setting it as his avatar
    OR
    B) Set it as my own, and see how long before he notices?

You have until midnight (GMT -8) on Wednesday to vote.
    If it's worth anything, I would vote for B as well.

If random internet lackadaisical low-lives like me can suddenly sign up to the forum and be welcomed in this thread, then anyone is welcome here! Post your art without shame!

I decided to draw something simple today,
    Spoiler
    Show

It's just a Sleeping Rainbow Dash, I wanted to draw something quick to try to color. But it is my first attempt at a Pegasus.
    It's not cleaned up. I need to work on line art, but I fear I am too much of a scribbler at heart. I had a lot of trouble coloring the hair. I'm not too sure on the wing. And the less said about the barely existent shading, the better.

Practice makes perfect and all that. I'll try another Pegasus picture later.

14. - Top - End - #224
    Troll in the Playground

All art styles are welcome in the thread, as are all levels of experience. It's sort of a community project, with ponies as a loose organizing principle, but no hard-and-fast rules.

DD, your unicorn is stronger, prettier, and higher-ranking than mine, and her secret lab has a better name than mine. THERE SHALL BE NO QUARTER.

Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #225
    Troll in the Playground

Technically a double post, but I have pony drawings so it's ok!

Tonight I tried drawing Lyra sitting:
    Spoiler
    Show

Based on this reference:
    Spoiler
    Show

Thoughts: I think I had some issues getting the eyes the right size and placement on the face, which hurts her overall expression. I also didn't have as much success as I'd like with her rear legs, but I still kind of like this picture although it could stand to be improved.

Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #226
    Colossus in the Playground

Technically a double post, but I have pony drawings so it's ok!

Tonight I tried drawing Lyra sitting:
    Spoiler
    Show

Based on this reference:
    Spoiler
    Show

Thoughts: I think I had some issues getting the eyes the right size and placement on the face, which hurts her overall expression. I also didn't have as much success as I'd like with her rear legs, but I still kind of like this picture although it could stand to be improved.
    Generally good but the eyes are slightly too close together. The eyes fit on either side of the nose, and never cross that invisible line down the middle of the face.

17. - Top - End - #227

Due to everyone's encouragement to post, and my finally defeating the beast of procrastination I am now posting my first pony-drawing ever!

Spoiler
    Show

I am also throwing up some of my older art just because.

Spoiler
    Show

My previous avatar, and my favorite movie character of all time!

Spoiler
    Show

This is a portrait of a psionic dwarf that I only was able to play for about 5 pages before bandits and a tree killed the whole party...

Spoiler
    Show

Not entirely sure what this was supposed to be when I started, but it remains one of my favorites.

18. - Top - End - #228

I will go through and see what has been done. but first, a little artwork.
    Done in... maybe 20-25 minutes? keep that in mind, please.

Spoiler
    Show

Based on this:
    Spoiler
    Show

I think her head is a little long, and not quite wide enough. The way her hair is sitting is what i think makes her head look long...

Otherwise, I think I like using these deep,bold lines...

Due to everyone's encouragement to post, and my finally defeating the beast of procrastination I am now posting my first pony-drawing ever!

Spoiler
    Show

I am also throwing up some of my older art just because.

Spoiler
    Show

My previous avatar, and my favorite movie character of all time!

Spoiler
    Show

This is a portrait of a psionic dwarf that I only was able to play for about 5 pages before bandits and a tree killed the whole party...

Spoiler
    Show

Not entirely sure what this was supposed to be when I started, but it remains one of my favorites.
    I like the King Arthur one the best.
    (The second one down).
    Last edited by Noctemwolf; 2011-11-19 at 02:06 AM.

19. - Top - End - #229
    Titan in the Playground

Heya ponythread. I know it's been a while since I've said anything here. My Ipod is finicky so I accidentally unsubscribed. Plus, I haven't drawn anything lately, so I haven't really had anything to post. However! I have a potentially important query.

*Bandit Keith voice* In America! Black Friday is coming up. For those not in the know, it's a day where a lot of stores drop their prices a huge amount. As an example, my brother managed to get a 40 some inch flat-screen TV for 300 USD. I was wondering whether it'd be worth it to invest in a tablet. I've had trouble thinking of Christmas gifts, and this could work well. What are the pros and cons? Are there Any particularly good brands/ brands to avoid? I also use a laptop, not a desktop if that affects anything.
    Last edited by Mystic Muse; 2011-11-20 at 02:23 AM.

20. - Top - End - #230

Quote Originally Posted by Soft Serve View Post
    Heya ponythread. I know it's been a while since I've said anything here. My Ipod is finicky so I accidentally unsubscribed. Plus, I haven't drawn anything lately, so I haven't really had anything to post. However! I have a potentially important query.

*Bandit Keith voice* In America! Black Friday is coming up. For those not in the know, it's a day where a lot of stores drop their prices a huge amount. As an example, my brother managed to get a 40 some inch flat-screen TV for 300 USD. I was wondering whether it'd be worth it to invest in a tablet. I've had trouble thinking of Christmas gifts, and this could work well. What are the pros and cons? Are there Any particularly good brands/ brands to avoid? I also use a laptop, not a desktop if that affects anything.
    I own a Wacom Bamboo Fun tablet and I absolutely love it to bits. I'm not familiar with any particularly bad quality ones, but I got mine off their website for around $260, which came with Photoshop Elements and Corel Paint. I'll swear by it.

Note that it'll make you unlearn basically everything you think you know about drawing for a few weeks.

21. - Top - End - #231
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    I own a Wacom Bamboo Fun tablet and I absolutely love it to bits. I'm not familiar with any particularly bad quality ones, but I got mine off their website for around $260, which came with Photoshop Elements and Corel Paint. I'll swear by it.

Note that it'll make you unlearn basically everything you think you know about drawing for a few weeks.
    Well, to quote a certain movie, here's roughly what I know about drawing.

"Jack and ****; And Jack left town."

22. - Top - End - #232

Well, to quote a certain movie, here's roughly what I know about drawing.

"Jack and ****; And Jack left town."
    Perfect!

23. - Top - End - #233
    Titan in the Playground

Also; working on a Fluttershy drawing since I can't get to sleep, and because Fluttershy.

Pony eyes, Y U so hard?

24. - Top - End - #234
    Bugbear in the Playground

I second the notion of getting a Wacom Bamboo Fun (Pen&Touch Medium here), I absolutely love the thing. It's also slim enough, and fits perfectly into my laptop case.

As for drawings, my progress has been slow lately (and what progress there was contains spoilers for the sequel to our fic (which I am still not sure will even happen), so I can't post it :( ), but I did draw a pony Kamina for the avatars thread.

If you haven't seen it already, repost:
    Spoiler
    Show

I might do something more presentable if I find time this week.
    Last edited by Sean Mirrsen; 2011-11-20 at 03:47 AM.
    Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    ---------------------
    Current occupation: Considering drawing a better Psionic Flame avatar.
    ---------------------
    Skills: Competent Modder, Proficient Programmer, Accomplished RTD Game Master, Adequate Artist, Dabbling Writer
    ---------------------
    Join Dropbox! It's free! And useful!

25. - Top - End - #235

I second the notion of getting a Wacom Bamboo Fun (Pen&Touch Medium here), I absolutely love the thing. It's also slim enough, and fits perfectly into my laptop case.

As for drawings, my progress has been slow lately (and what progress there was contains spoilers for the sequel to our fic (which I am still not sure will even happen), so I can't post it :( ), but I did draw a pony Kamina for the avatars thread.

Spoiler
    Show

There's a question - those colour-line distortion light-ray things, how were those done? Transparency filter over a solid colour?

26. - Top - End - #236

Spoiler
    Show

Drill to the heavens! =D I like it! Especially Ponified!

I seriously need to watch Gurren Lagen sometime...

(In case you haven't seen):
    Spoiler
    Show
    all I've seen is the super size insane mech that destroyed the entire universe... Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagen?

Quote Originally Posted by Noctemwolf View Post
    Done in... maybe 20-25 minutes? keep that in mind, please.

Spoiler
    Show

Based on this:
    Spoiler
    Show

I think her head is a little long, and not quite wide enough. The way her hair is sitting is what i think makes her head look long...

Otherwise, I think I like using these deep,bold lines...
    Last edited by Noctemwolf; 2011-11-20 at 03:58 AM.

27. - Top - End - #237
    Troll in the Playground

Vacom. Only Vacom. Also, while Bamboo is not their best brand, you should try to look for maximum affordable size, the smallest ones (10x15 cm) are not really suited to drawing...
    Come one, come all! GitP MLP Steam Group is open!
    Current location of the last MLP Thread OP, too.
    Want to ask me something? Use MAIL or message me on Steam!

Spoiler
    Show

>Click!<
    Amazing Art by Dirtytabs :P
    HW Ava © ETsofu

"Well, the Great and Powerful Trixie can't actually transport you to Equestria... But!
    The Great and Powerful Trixie can beat you over the head until you think that's what happened!"

28. - Top - End - #238

Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    There's a question - those colour-line distortion light-ray things, how were those done? Transparency filter over a solid colour?
    The rays in the foreground are solid yellowish-white, on an overlay layer at 60% fill.
    ---------------------
    ---------------------
    Skills: Competent Modder, Proficient Programmer, Accomplished RTD Game Master, Adequate Artist, Dabbling Writer
    ---------------------

29. - Top - End - #239
    Troll in the Playground

Well, I did some colouring. I attempted this so many times with varying results. I hate Flash. Drawing the lines in flash is fine but obviously colouring is another matter altogether. Still, I'm learning. Anyway, Trixie has flat colours but is currently sans shading (except for the eyes since that's just a simple gradient).

Spoiler
    Show

Lines aren't thick enough, I know. Getting them to look right is kind of a chore I'll finish it properly later.
    Used to be Diego Havoc
    Spoiler: About Me
    Show
    Diego Havoc, one of the hoopier froods I've met, up there with DeLancie.

30. - Top - End - #240

The lines are acceptable, actually, at least to my eye. What stands out to me is the rather too humanoid design of the upper torso/limbs. The stage-left shoulder almost looks like it's further away than the base of the neck, something you wouldn't normally see with the way a pony is structured. Still, that's only a minor thing given the cartoonishness of the show and characters, and otherwise that's a very fine drawing.

(better than what I could do in Flash last time I tried...)
    ---------------------
    ---------------------
    ---------------------