New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Serpent's Skull: Souls for Smuggler's Shiv (IC)

OOC Thread

It is nearing the end of another day aboard the Jenivere as you enter into the galley for the evening meal. It has been a long journey to the land of Sargava, over a hundred days for those of you who boarded in Magnimar, and while each of you have gotten your sea-legs by now, the current threat onboard for many of you is boredom. With little to do but watch the waters pass by, you count the days until you finally arrive at your destination, so very close now. Rambar Terillo, the Jenivere's cook, has made his usual specialty of watery soup, and you can see that some other guests and one or two crew members are also here to take their meals. Present is Gelik Aberwhinge, the finely dressed Gnome storyteller who has been a god-send in relieving the boredom of the trip, even when he makes you the butt of his jokes, Ishirou, a somewhat rough looking human of Tian heritage, and Sasha Nevah, the young red-haired lady who seems to currently be twirling a sharp dagger around the fingers of her right hand while she eats her soup with her left, the missing pinky apparent as she holds her spoon. Not present are Aerys Mavato, the tough Half-elf woman who usually keeps to herself, and Ieana, the Varisian scholar who often continues her studies through meal times. As Rambar gets up to leave with some trays of food, he stops by Trale, the keeper of the prisoner Jask Derindi. Smiling, the ship's cook asks the elf, "If you want a proper break, I can take the criminal priest's food to him as I go to deliver meals to the rest of the ship. You work hard there sir, you deserve a break too, a chance to relax with others."

There is plenty of space and good food to be had (If you consider sea biscuits, bland soup and watery rum good food), and it's always a good chance to converse with the other passengers of the ship.

@All
    Spoiler
    Show
    Alright, so, first posts. Please put a little effort in to give a good image of your characters appearance and personality. All of you have pretty much been on the ship at least two months if not longer, so you probably have a fairly decent connection with each other (feel free to elaborate on what the exact specifications of inter-party relations are in the OOC thread before posting here if you wish). Have fun!

@Balthazar
    Spoiler
    Show
    Normally, most of the crew take their meals separately from the passengers, however there are always one or two crew members who stay on deck and take meals afterwards with the guests. This is your lucky day, as passengers tend to get the better grog. Also, you are not the only sailor who has become discontented with the captain. Those more experienced than you in these waters have mentioned to the rest of the crew that the ship's course has recently gone off the expected course for the trip, slowly heading into waters known for their dangerous currents, piracy, monsters, and worse. Your desire to 'shuffle the cards' seems to be nearly at hand. Some kind and careful words to the first mate has earned you a meeting with him during the night watch tonight, and it may be possible that you could convince him to take advantage of the crews misgivings, and have Alton Devers become the new captain.
    Last edited by Pink; 2011-10-13 at 10:36 PM.
    Let's Play: Pokemon Leaf Green (Nuzlocke)
    Let's Play: LIMBO
    Let's Play: Home [Complete]
    Let's Play: Cthulhu Saves the World [Complete]
    GM of the Yorkton Gamer Guild at:
    Pink Ameiko Kaijitsu Avatar by A Rainy Knight
    Spoiler
    Show

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfFighterGirl

Default Re: Serpent's Skull: Souls for Smuggler's Shiv (IC)

Balthazar Mazz

Balthazar Mazz the dwarf is a typical member of his race in form, though his brown hair and beard are cut to just a few inches. He is very broadly built.

The Jenivere had left Magnimar over 100 days ago, and Mazz seems to own only one set of clothing: a pair of loose beige cotton trousers, a white cotton shirt with faded blue and purple flowers, and a green sash. In spite of this, and unlike most of the other sailors and passengers, his clothes, hair, and body stay relatively clean.

Mazz had finished his meal relatively early, his spoon rapidly dipping into his bowl and lifting soup to his mouth. He then seemed to become fascinated by the sunset, staring at the fiery colors with a look of dumbfounded awe on his soup-splattered short-bearded face.

Then he seems to come back to himself and he grins at the assembled passengers, "Beautiful sunset, isn't it? Always so beautiful at sea."

Then his grin turns slightly mocking, "And such wonderful elven cuisine to go with it."

He sighs and drinks from his goblet, "Ah, well, at least the portions are adequate. And we have Dame Grog to console us, even if she is kinda wishy-washy."

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

Kyras

Kyras had slurped down his soup in a matter of seconds, drinking from the bowl rather than using a spoon. Afterwards, he tended to drift towards the bow to watch the sea.

He looked smaller than he was, hunched over the rail, but occasionally drew himself up to his full height, his scale coat glistening in the sun. His mop of blond hair reached his shoulders and was in several braids. His beard wasn't yet long enough to do the same. Aside from the armor, his clothes were practical, the kind one could see any adventurer wearing. Lots of leather, beautifully tooled with Ulfen designs, and a deep brown cloak.

"Food's food, Mazz. Doesn't really matter how it tastes as long as it keeps you going. You're right about the sunset, though. Always find myself coming here to watch it."
    Last edited by Archpaladin Zousha; 2011-10-14 at 12:46 PM.
    "Reach down into your heart and you'll find many reasons to fight. Survival. Honor. Glory. But what about those who feel it's their duty to protect the innocent? There you'll find a warrior savage enough to match any dragon, and in the end, they'll retain what the others won't. Their humanity."

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfFighterGirl

Balthazar Mazz

As if he were quoting verse or from a play, Mazz says, "Food is food, but what is life without flavor?"

Then his cheerful smile turns a bit ironic as he adds, "Though life, especially ship life, can be a bit too spicy for my e'en a palate as coarse as mine."

"So what's a tattooed half-elf such as yerself doing on this boat anyway?"

Mazz leans forward, declaring with body language and bright brown eyes his keen interest. His ambiguous smile, however, indicates amusement.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Barbarian in the Playground

Hanzi

"A bit too spicy?" Hanzi asks, looking oddly at Balthazar. "What herbs have you been sampling to make you think that, Mazz? I'm sooooooo bored!" Hanzi fiddled with his scarf as he walked up onto the deck, overhearing the tail end of Kyras and Mazz's conversation. "I must say, though, I'm also kind of curious. What are you doing on the boat, Kyras? And why do you fight with two longswords? I've seen them at your side, but I've never gotten a chance to see you use them. Isn't that style really uncomfortable?

6. - Top - End - #6
    Troll in the Playground

Allanor Somdel

The druid had arrived a bit late to the meal and, even as he walked through the mess hall, kept the hood of his white cloak up, obscuring his features. As it had been the habit so far, the shaman had loaded on enough food for three people on a tray and started heading back to the cargo bay when he overheard the conversation of the passengers

Allanor stopped in his tracks and stood still, frozen with the dilemma. He knew that Toothless would be grumpy he didn't get the dinosaur his dinner soon, but a part of the druid (the one that had been raised by his father with fabulous stories of far away lands) wanted to hear more about the people traveling with him...

If I can tell him a good story, he will probably forgive me mumbles the druid. The rest of the crew had heard him multiple times mumbling his thoughts aloud, but so far no one had worked the courage to ask the towering shaman about the interlocutor of his mumbled conversations

Allanor just turns to the half elf and remains upright, waiting to hear more about the conversation that is taking place

7. - Top - End - #7
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Frivolous View Post
    Balthazar Mazz

As if he were quoting verse or from a play, Mazz says, "Food is food, but what is life without flavor?"

Then his cheerful smile turns a bit ironic as he adds, "Though life, especially ship life, can be a bit too spicy for my e'en a palate as coarse as mine."

"So what's a tattooed half-elf such as yerself doing on this boat anyway?"

Mazz leans forward, declaring with body language and bright brown eyes his keen interest. His ambiguous smile, however, indicates amusement.
    Kyras

"Lookin' to start over," Kyras replies, staring out at the sea and not looking at the two men.

"As for the two swords...it's what my father taught me. Don't know if it's uncomfortable or not, as I've known no other way.
    Last edited by Archpaladin Zousha; 2011-10-14 at 07:50 PM.
    "Reach down into your heart and you'll find many reasons to fight. Survival. Honor. Glory. But what about those who feel it's their duty to protect the innocent? There you'll find a warrior savage enough to match any dragon, and in the end, they'll retain what the others won't. Their humanity."

8. - Top - End - #8

Griffon

Imperia

Imperia rose from meal.

After a few moments, she followed the others to the front of the ship, her cane beside her.

"May I have join you?" she asks softly,coming to stand beside Hanzi, "I love watching the sun set from up here, the wind in my face."

Imperia is fairly pretty Chelexian. Her dark brown hair is down but held away from her face with a silver headband. Her eyes are an interesting shade of blue-gray and sparkle with a subtle humor.

As she looks at over the ocean, a keen eye would notice that for a moment, they hold a hint of sadness and loss as well.

As the breeze crosses the bow, she pulls her ever-present deep green cloak over her gown. Even after weeks aboard the ship, she still finds a way to look refined.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Titan in the Playground

Kyras

Kyras looks as Imperia comes over, and recognizes the look on her face. It was the same look he carried. Loss and the grief that came with it. He wondered if maybe he'd meet a kindred spirit on this voyage after all. He looked her over a bit. She was definitely refined. Much cleaner than the average wanderer. Certainly a contrast to him, a rough-cut warrior from the north.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfFighterGirl

Balthazar Mazz

Mazz looks a bit startled as Imperia approaches. Remembering the scolding he got from the captain when he dared to look up at the face of the highborn human lady as she first boarded the ship, he lowers his gaze to the deck.

Quote Originally Posted by Kira_the_5th View Post
    Hanzi

"A bit too spicy?" Hanzi asks, looking oddly at Balthazar. "What herbs have you been sampling to make you think that, Mazz? I'm sooooooo bored!" Hanzi fiddled with his scarf as he walked up onto the deck, overhearing the tail end of Kyras and Mazz's conversation. "I must say, though, I'm also kind of curious. What are you doing on the boat, Kyras? And why do you fight with two longswords? I've seen them at your side, but I've never gotten a chance to see you use them. Isn't that style really uncomfortable?
    There is a hint of relief to his careless smile as he replies to Hanzi, grateful for the excuse to step back half a pace from Imperia.

"Well, Hanzi, you're a passenger. Crew life is not so bland. When it gets too dull, the captain likes to add some pepper and whip some life into the recipe."

"Not all of us like it, but dwarves are tough. We can stomach a lot."

He laughs.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ettin in the Playground

Trale gives the cook a nod and chuckles. "You're doing Jask a favor, not me. Its bad enough the man's been chained in the belly of a boat for this long, being dragged back home to face his crimes. After all that, I'm sure he's sick to death of seeing me. Don't let him pour honey in your ear; a chained man will say almost anything to save his hide."

Trale eats his meal slowly, seeming to be in no particular hurry. Once finished he saunters over to the gathering group of intriguing individuals. His green tunic and pants are adorned with filigree and he wears his hair in a braid that starts at the top of his head and sprouts up almost three inches before making its way down his back. To those not intimately aware of Elven fashion, he appears to dress like a human noble, though in fact he is dressed quite plainly by Elven standards. As he wanders over, again in no particular hurry, his hand dips into his pocket, drawing out several darts.

"You all look in sore need of something to do. Fancy a game of darts? I'll wager a gold coin against the Dwarf's beard."
    Spoiler
    Show

My Characters

DMing
    Sanity Check: IC OOC
    Age of Worms in Eberron IC OOC

Quote Originally Posted by mshady View Post
    Not sure of the details, I trust in King.
    Quote Originally Posted by RaggedAngel View Post
    "Hello, there. You seem to be in the middle of something overtly magical. Is this a bad time to talk?"
    Drawing OOTS Avatars Guide

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfFighterGirl

Quote Originally Posted by King Tius View Post
    Trale eats his meal slowly, seeming to be in no particular hurry. Once finished he saunters over to the gathering group of intriguing individuals. His green tunic and pants are adorned with filigree and he wears his hair in a braid that starts at the top of his head and sprouts up almost three inches before making its way down his back. To those not intimately aware of Elven fashion, he appears to dress like a human noble, though in fact he is dressed quite plainly by Elven standards. As he wanders over, again in no particular hurry, his hand dips into his pocket, drawing out several darts.

"You all look in sore need of something to do. Fancy a game of darts? I'll wager a gold coin against the Dwarf's beard."
    Balthazar Mazz

Mazz hears the phrase 'gold coin' and hesitates. For a moment, his eyes glaze over as he counts the cards.

Then he spits on the galley floor and says, "In a pig's eye, and then only if the pig can fly."

His left hand moves to protectively cup his face. He looks sullen. "I better go. Got work to do. Captain'll be furious if 'e catches me lollygagging with all the paying passengers."

13. - Top - End - #13

As Balthazar begins walking away, the rest of you notice that his step seems uneven. He starts in a straight line, but as he slowly begins to move towards the lower deck, he sways right, then left. Then you realize that the whole world is move sideways, the colours of the sunset in the background mixing together as your body begins growing numb. There's a pounding in your head, and your legs buckle beneath you, eventually each of you fall to the deck, and everything goes dark as you fall unconscious.

@Everyone
    You're all unconscious. How odd.

@Trale
    Spoiler
    Show
    Everything is dark and silent. Yet, for what feels like the first time in several hours at least, you seem to be thinking again. As your mind slowly churns, focusing on simple things like who you are and trying to remember what happened prior to this, sensation of the world begins to creep back in - the feel of sand below and of something wet lapping at your feet. The sound of ocean waves washing against a beach. A heavy pressure over your legs. Then suddenly the you feel a searing pain in your right foot. (1 point of damage)

You open your eyes to see that, somehow, you have been transported to a beach. Besides your self there are ten other humanoid forms sprawled unconscious on the beach, as well as three strange creatures that something like a cross between a lobster and a scorpion. One is currently attempting to nip off your foot with it's pincers, while the other two seem to seek out a meal with the others. Though armoured, you do not have a weapon immediately at hand, however a quick glance allows you to see that ten feet behind you lies a large pile of items, some of them you can recognize as your own, including your bow and several other weapons. As you finish waking up however, you feel a wave of nausea and disorientation wash across your mind, you feel a bit ill to say the least.

Current Initiatives: Trale

Map:
    Spoiler
    Show
    {table]|Legend:
    • 1,2,3: Sea Scorpions
    • X: Pile of stuff
    • A: Aerys Mavato (Unconcious)
    • G: Gelik Aberwhinge (Unconcious)
    • I: Ishirou (Unconcious)
    • J: Jask Derindi (Unconcious/Shackled)
    • S: Sasha Nevah (Unconcious)
    • A: Allanor (Unconcious)
    • B: Balthazar (Unconcious)
    • H: Hanzi (Unconcious)
    • I: Imperia (Unconcious)
    • K: Kyras (Unconcious)
    • T: Trale (Prone/Sickened)
    [/table]
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #14

Quote Originally Posted by King Tius View Post
    Well, I can't well wager the dwarf's beard, but I can offer to cook breakfast for you tomorrow if you win. Hanzi says with a relived smile. Anything to remove the boredom of another day looking at an endless ocean with no other sites in view. Anyone else in? Just as Hanzi finishes talking, he collapses on the ground.

Spoiler
    Show
    Edit: Ninja'd by plot!
    Last edited by Kira_the_5th; 2011-10-15 at 01:01 PM.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Troll in the Playground

Allanor was disappointed at not having anything to report to Toothless... The druid knew his companion would make a fuzz when he arrived late with the dinner

I should check if it is hot, he likes hot food mumbled the shaman as he took a couple spoonfuls. He had never figured out why Toothless liked warm food... maybe due to his cold blood?

Mmmm.... Allanor mumbles Maybe I should ask for them to ....

*yawn*

reheat this

The druid hears the clattering of plates, but his mind shuts down even before he can process that the food he was carrying just fell

16. - Top - End - #16

@Trale
    Spoiler
    Show
    You stand up, backing away as the creature tries to jab you with it's claws, and though your head pounds, vision swirls, you make it towards the pile of items, ready to locate the weapons you need to defend yourself. You yell out to those lying unconcious around you, but it seems to do no good. However, as the creatures move towards less lively prey, it seems that pain proves quite useful in rousing the sleepers, as Hanzo, Balthazar, and Kyras seem to wake up after their own pinches.

@Hanzo, Balathazar, & Kyras
    Spoiler
    Show
    Everything is dark and silent. Yet, for what feels like the first time in several hours at least, you seem to be thinking again. As your mind slowly churns, focusing on simple things like who you are and trying to remember what happened prior to this, sensation of the world begins to creep back in - the feel of sand below and of something wet lapping at your feet. The sound of ocean waves washing against a beach, and also the sound of vague yelling. A heavy pressure over your legs. Then suddenly you feel a searing pain in your foot. (1 point of damage)

You open your eyes to see that, somehow, you have been transported to a beach. Besides your self there are seven other humanoid forms sprawled unconscious on the beach, two others that seem to be waking up like yourself, as well as three strange creatures that something like a cross between a lobster and a scorpion. One is currently attempting to nip off your foot with it's pincers, while the other two are doing the same to other people. Though armoured, you do not have a weapon immediately at hand, however a quick glance allows you to see that nearby you lies a large pile of items, some of them you can recognize as your own, and currently Trale is digging through it. As you finish waking up however, you feel a wave of nausea and disorientation wash across your mind, you feel a bit ill to say the least.

@Trale, Hanzo, Balathazar, & Kryas
    Spoiler
    Show
    Current Initiatives: Trale, Hanzo, Balathazar, & Kryas
    {table]|Legend:
    • A: Allanor (Unconcious)
    • B: Balthazar (Sickened/Prone)
    • H: Hanzi (Sickened/Prone)
    • I: Imperia (Unconcious)
    • K: Kyras (Sickened/Prone)
    • T: Trale (Sickened)
    [/table]
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #17

Hanzi

Hanzi stirs with the sharp pain to his leg, and shakes himself down. His first instinct is to reach into the folds of his scarf, searching for one of the blades he kept hidden there. Finding nothing, he rolls away from the beast in front of him towards the pile of gear, hoping to find at least one of his knives within.

Trale! What in the Nine Hells happened?

Actions:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Right, so assuming that none of the knives hidden on my scarf/person are there, I'm going to stand and run toward the gear, and I'll start searching next turn. If, by chance one of my daggers is still on me, I'm going to get up and draw it.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Titan in the Playground

Kyras

Kyras roars in anger at being roused in such a way, and as soon as he sees these things, his hand flies to his belt, to find nothing there.

"My swords! Where are my swords?!" he cries as he shuffles back, attempting to distract the creature with sand and get some distance between the two of them before rising to his feet and rushing to the pile of items.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ettin in the Playground

"Over here! Weapons over here!" Trale will sling his quiver over his back and grab his bow. If he can do both of those in one standard action instead of two, he'll fire at one of the sea scorpions. (Let me know if I should make an attack) move to the right (on the map) so he can wake up others.

OOC:What does it take to wake someone up? A swift kick as a standard action?
    Last edited by King Tius; 2011-10-15 at 06:49 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

My Characters

DMing

"Hello, there. You seem to be in the middle of something overtly magical. Is this a bad time to talk?"

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfFighterGirl

Balthazar Mazz

Mazz says in a mild tone of voice, "Ow." He sits up and smiles woozily as he looks around.

His speech is a little slurred as he says, "Nice. Never dreamed of sand before. Even pain. Cool."

Then he frowns faintly in what looks like concentration and says to no one in particular, "Pet? Where are you, Pet?"

He pats his hands absently at his shirt and pants pockets, ignoring the ugly crustacean monsters attacking his foot and the yells of the Jenivere's passengers.

Spoiler
    Show
    Mazz spent many years under the influence of a mild hallucinogenic drug derived from aboleth glandular secretions, so inexplicable changes in context are not unusual for him.

On the other hand, if his familiar is present and also awake, he can share emotions with Pet.

21. - Top - End - #21

@Allanor & Imperia
    Spoiler
    Show
    Everything is dark and silent. Yet, for what feels like the first time in several hours at least, you seem to be thinking again. As your mind slowly churns, focusing on simple things like who you are and trying to remember what happened prior to this, sensation of the world begins to creep back in - the feel of sand below and of something wet lapping at your feet. The sound of ocean waves washing against a beach, and also the sound of vague yelling. A heavy pressure over your legs. Then suddenly you feel a searing pain in your foot. (1 point of damage)

You open your eyes to see that, somehow, you have been transported to a beach. Besides your self there are five other humanoid forms sprawled unconscious on the beach, one other that seem to be waking up like yourself, as well as three strange creatures that something like a cross between a lobster and a scorpion. One is currently attempting to nip off your foot with it's pincers, while the other two are doing the same to other people. Though armoured, you do not have a weapon immediately at hand, however a quick glance allows you to see that nearby you lies a large pile of items, some of them you can recognize as your own, and currently Trale and Kyras are digging through it, while Hanzi currently stands with a dagger in his hand. As you finish waking up however, you feel a wave of nausea and disorientation wash across your mind, you feel a bit ill to say the least.

@Balthazar
    Spoiler
    Show
    You do indeed find your faithful companion curled up in your pocket. It takes a bit of prodding and poking, however the rat does wake up, and as it sniffs the air, the emotions you can feel from it are sickness, and danger, the danger of predators.

Though the creatures do attempt to strike out at Hanzi and Kyras as the two stand up, the attempts seem to be more reflex against a sudden movement than an attempt to kill, and neither strike true. The creatures must be more used to the life of scavengers, as once again they abandon the waking targets and head towards those still unconscious. Allanor and Imperia both wake up to a pinch at their legs, however, whatever it was that held you asleep seems to still hold onto Aerys, for though the female half-elf groans and shifts, she doesn't wake up.

Current Initiatives: Trale, Hanzo, Balathazar, Kryas, Allanor, & Imperia
    Map:
    Spoiler
    Show

{table]|Legend:
    • A: Allanor (Sickened/Prone)
    • I: Imperia (Sickened/Prone)
    • K: Kyras (Sickened)
    [/table]
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfFighterGirl

Balthazar Mazz

Mazz' frown of distracted concentration deepens as he listens to something only he can hear. His craggy bearded face looks faintly nauseated for some reason.

"By Abadar, this is real, isn't it?" His frown disappears, to be replaced by an expression of amused surprise. He's even smiling.

He stumbles to his feet and goes to the pile of gear, searching for his spell component pouch, his backpack (with the spellbook inside), and his heavy pick. In a wondering tone, he says, "I never expected this. Amazing."

But he keeps a wary eye on the scorpion-lobsters. Whatever his feelings, he no longer doubts what is happening.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Titan in the Playground

Kyras frantically tears through the pile looking for his blades.

24. - Top - End - #24

Griffon

(OOC: This is probably overkill)

Suddenly awake, Imperia looks at the creature that just bit her.

"Scarves!" she curses. She utters the word Misil! as a ray of magical energy shoots from her hand at the creature biting her foot.

She then rised and moves over to the pile of goods, searching for her backpack and cane.

"Does anyone know where we are?" she asks, digging through her bag in search of the map.

Spoiler
    Show
    Magic Missile at the creature. Spell is verbal & somatic so she does't need her spells components. Also, I'll probably just try to use Spanish as my magical language if that works.

(1d4+1)[4]

25. - Top - End - #25
    Troll in the Playground

Allanor's first though is of his companion

Toothless! Cries the druid as he scrambles backwards, away from the scorpion

How is he going to make it if I'm not there? What will happen if he looses it and I'm not around... the shaman starts to think aloud

First things first... he continues mumbling as he assesses the situation.

Finding himself unarmed and seeing the other passengers retrieve the weapons from the pile, the druid decides to imitate them and, ignoring the creatures, runs to the pile in hopes of finding his scythe

Actions:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Allanor stands up and moves to the pile to retrieve his weapon. If there are any signs of Toothless, the shaman will drop anything else and run to his companion

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ettin in the Playground

Now in possession of his weapons, Trale draws and fires at the nearest Sea Scorpion, moving within 30 feet if none are still alive when he does so.

Attack: (1d20-1)[17](includes -2 sickened, -4 firing into combat, +1 within 30 ft)
    Damage: (1d8+1)[8] (includes -2 sickened, +1 within 30 ft)
    Spoiler
    Show

My Characters

DMing

27. - Top - End - #27

[Sea Scorpion 1 (K7) is downed by Trale's arrow]

Initiative: Hanzi
    Last edited by Pink; 2011-10-16 at 04:09 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #28

"No clue, Imperia! Ah! There's always 1 more!" Hanzi says, pulling a small knife from the inside of his scarf. Taking his blade in hand, he takes a swing at the scorpion in front of him.

Actions
    Spoiler
    Show
    Swing at the scorpion in front of me, then try to tumble around to the other side of the scorpion to set up flanking. (+4 to hit, -2 from sickened.)

Rolls:
    Spoiler
    Show

Attack: (1d20+2)[5](7)
    Damage: (1d4-1)[4](3)
    Crit Confirm: (1d20+2)[2](4)
    Crit Damage: (2d4-1)[1][1](1)
    Acrobatics Check: (1d20+5)[12](17)

29. - Top - End - #29

As Balthazar and Allanor stand up and join the crowd of people looking for their belongings at the pile, Imperia stands up and blasts the sea scorpion in front of her with a bolt of magic. A strange high pitched hissing sound comes from it, and the barb on it's tale stabs towards her, but falls short, hitting only sand, and the extra exertion seems to cause the creature enough blood loss that is fall unconscious. Likewise, the careful shot of Trale, now armed with his bow, easily takes down the sea scorpion nearest him, a strange colourless blood seeping out of the arrow wound as the creature goes limp.

Hanzi does not fair as well as the others. The nausea seems to through his aim off, and his knife glances off the creatures exoskeleton instead of penetrating a weak point, but he is able to move around the creature, though the position doesn't afford much advantage with Aerys unconscious (Not flanking). His attack against the vermin seems to have aroused it's territorial nature and it strikes out with it's claws and stinger against Hanzi, but the juggle deftly avoids the attacks.

Kyras: You got your swords
    Balthazar: You got your pick

Current Initiatives: Trale, Hanzo, Balathazar, Kryas, Allanor, & Imperia
    {table]|Legend:
    • 3: Sea Scorpions
    • A: Allanor (Sickened/Prone)
    • I: Imperia (Sickened/Prone)
    • K: Kyras (Sickened)
    [/table]
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #30

Mazz! Bit of help here? Hanzi yells to Balthazar as he positions himself bit bit more to the scorpion's side. Hope this works, I think I've got a better shot this time...

Action:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I meant to get more to the side to ready flanking with someone conscious, so I'm going to 5 ft step over to B5 to get someone on my other side, then, if I can, ready a sneak attack once I've got an opening (read; someone is flanking with me in space D7.) I'll just roll the attack now to save on time and posting.

Rolls:
    Spoiler
    Show

Attack: (1d20+4)[18](22)
    Damage: (1d4-1)[4](3)
    Sneak Attack: (1d8)[4]
    Crit Confirm: (1d20+4)[10](14)
    Crit Damage: (1d4-1)[3](2)