New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Masterwork and Magic Arms & Armor That Don't Make Me Cry Myself to Sleep at Night

Quote Originally Posted by Eleven View Post
    Quick questions - once a masterwork/magical weapon has been created, can additional enhancements be bought at a later date?
    Good question. The answer is: certainly; however I haven't made this explicit. For example, let's say you have a +2 Greataxe with two enchant slots. You can spend 6000gp to make it a +2 Blinding Greataxe today and next week you can spend 35000gp to make it a +2 Blinding Ragnarok Greataxe if you so choose. It's also my intention, but not explicitly made clear, that you may increase the masterwork enhancement bonus (and thus add new enchant slots) at any time you wish by making the appropriate Craft check and spending the appropriate amount of gp.

Would it be possible for this to integrate with (or perhaps replace) legacy items?
    Possible? Almost certainly. But it's not a project I would have any interest in working on. Weapons of Legacy... eh, it's fun, but it's also horribly flawed. And really complicated to mess with the design of.
    Homebrew

Other Stuff
    Spoiler
    Show
    Special Thanks: Kymme! You and your awesome avatarist skills have made me a Lore Warden in addition to King of Fighter Fixes!

2. - Top - End - #32
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

Default Re: Masterwork and Magic Arms & Armor That Don't Make Me Cry Myself to Sleep at Night

Possible? Almost certainly. But it's not a project I would have any interest in working on. Weapons of Legacy... eh, it's fun, but it's also horribly flawed. And really complicated to mess with the design of.
    Haha. I know its brutally flawed, but I love the idea. I had the intuition (and it may be false one; I asked before I got the chance to check the books) that a lot of the stuff you've got here, although excellent on its own, could cover the worse bits of the Legacy weapons. If you're not feeling it, I won't worry.

As for the rest: brilliant.