New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 24 of 50 FirstFirst ... 14151617181920212223242526272829303132333449 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #691
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: League of Legends XXV: Who is your Summoner, and what does he do?

Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    "You're seriously asking a giant demon bird....for a joke?"
    "Seriously, again? Just drop it." Good god, this is the first time I've been the first post on the top of the page for 3 consecutive pages.
    Last edited by TechnOkami; 2011-11-18 at 05:22 PM.
    I've started streaming again.

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

I started my first campaign outside of an abandoned mine, just as soon as a meteor storm from the moon hits.

2. - Top - End - #692
    Dwarf in the Playground

I have no idea how to redo my mastery pages, I am totally lost here. Its unfortunate. Any suggestions for Xerath, Tryndamere, Shyvana or Swain?
    Awesome Avvy courtesy of Beholder1995

3. - Top - End - #693
    Titan in the Playground

If you're just looking for damage output they're simple enough- go down Offense, grab CDR + (AP/AD/Mpen/ArPen) mastery as relates to the champion type you're working with, finish out tree. The attack ones are still pretty obvious what you want, IMO. After you get what you want there, your other points are basically choice; I'm liking Utility still, especially with the Movespeed mastery moved down into the second tier so you can pick it up with a x/x/9 spread. Or if you don't see anything you really want with that 9th point (increased buff duration would probably be it for most arrangements) make it x/x/8 and put that other point in a Summoner spell mastery or something.

Bit more complicated if you're looking at jungle or TankyDPS, I suppose, and you could probably viably go 10/10/10 and come out alright, as there's pretty good stuff in the low tiers of all the trees now.

4. - Top - End - #694
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Stone Heart View Post
    I have no idea how to redo my mastery pages, I am totally lost here. Its unfortunate. Any suggestions for Xerath, Tryndamere, Shyvana or Swain?
    Well look at your old masteries (if you can remember them) and see what they used to make that your template.

Or think of your characters weaknesses and strengths and try to patch them or buff them up.

Like Tryndamere wants to get crits, do damage, and doesn't need mana. So you'll probably want to go in the offensive tree, grab the crits, ArP, and damage. Then you should ask yourself (assuming you put 21 in Offense) what should you do with your last 9?

Well look at what the other trees give you: Defense gives flat Armor and MR always good, some flat and scaling health which will probably be helpful for early game survivability (a bit of a problem with Tryn, at least when I play him). Utility give a lot of mana bonuses so you can ignore those but it can reduce time spent dead, give movement speed, and with your last point you can get either rune boost (great if you're jungling), .5 gold every 10 seconds (adds to 120 gold over a 40 minute game), or spell vamp which is also useless for you.

Or you can just put them into Offense, hell getting everything that could be useful for you late game puts in 24 points or so, leaving you with only 6 which can give nice early game defenses.

Go through that thought process with the rest of them, I can't exactly help you as I have never played either of them.

5. - Top - End - #695
    Colossus in the Playground

I'm prolly just gonna run Mages and Ranged AD heavily Offense-specced, Supports heavily Utility-specced and anyone who intends on taking damage heavily Defense-specced.
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

6. - Top - End - #696
    Banned

The Siege Commander mastery is really fun, because even the 10 armor difference is noticeable, the range is large and it makes promote pushes sooo punishingly satisfying.

Moreover Promote, totally worth it. Top lane benefits from having a strong pusher to keep minions off the tower, it gives you gold for it's kills, and has a lot of defenses with the mastery. And it's shortish cooldown makes it available practically every other wave.

I love this patch.

7. - Top - End - #697
    Ettin in the Playground

I'm improving.
    Spoiler
    Show

But, something I learned from this game is that I R Squisheh lategame. Now, even without the Gunblade (which, sadly, didn't feel like it did anything for me) that would leave me with two open slots, keeping my RoA, Mercs, Triforce, and Wit's End. What are two good armor/tanky items for Skarner ('cause I'm at a loss).

I'm thinking Warmogs + Atma's.

...and I think Tiamat might be a good item on him, since Skarner has so much AoE (his Q), it would synergize well with all that Attack Speed.

Ideas?

P.S. Surge is AMAZING on Skarner :D
    Last edited by TechnOkami; 2011-11-16 at 02:55 AM.
    I've started streaming again.

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

I started my first campaign outside of an abandoned mine, just as soon as a meteor storm from the moon hits.

8. - Top - End - #698

Watching streamers play around with the new Masteries, I can't but laugh at Riot's "This is a tournament patch so we decided to keep the changes at minimum; as such we only opted to release the biggest gameplay changes since LoL's release."
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

9. - Top - End - #699
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eldariel View Post
    I'm prolly just gonna run Mages and Ranged AD heavily Offense-specced, Supports heavily Utility-specced and anyone who intends on taking damage heavily Defense-specced.
    Hmmm, I just can't justify it to myself to take anything beyond the token 9 in Offense on mages. I did on LeBlanc but that's because the capstone's rather fancy for her. It's just that utility still has what I consider to be the best points to spend, especially the capstone. So GOOD. Honest question: utility gives you things that are impossible or hard to itemise for and offense just gives you a bit more damage, obviously it's a little more complex than that because it's damage you get without needing a slot, but still, how can you justify missing out on sweet-ass movespeed and some free CDR and extra XP and that capstone?

Quote Originally Posted by Daverin View Post
    Then I play him again. But Riot has admitted they want to nerf his early game...
    I WONDER WHY

I just think he needs consistent targeting. Really silly how all his skills are exactly the same thing (damage + ghoul + effect) but they all hit in different ways.
    Last edited by Dogmantra; 2011-11-16 at 03:54 AM.
    BANG → !
    OH LOOK AT HER/.../YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN MEAN/RICHARDS

10. - Top - End - #700

Quote Originally Posted by Dogmantra View Post
    Hmmm, I just can't justify it to myself to take anything beyond the token 9 in Offense on mages. I did on LeBlanc but that's because the capstone's rather fancy for her. It's just that utility still has what I consider to be the best points to spend, especially the capstone. So GOOD. Honest question: utility gives you things that are impossible or hard to itemise for and offense just gives you a bit more damage, obviously it's a little more complex than that because it's damage you get without needing a slot, but still, how can you justify missing out on sweet-ass movespeed and some free CDR and extra XP and that capstone?
    I'll have to try it out in practice but I'm theorizing you can get such ungodly damage out of 21 Offense spec on AP casters that you just blow any lane opponents away and autowin games.
    Last edited by Eldariel; 2011-11-16 at 03:55 AM.

11. - Top - End - #701
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TechnOkami View Post
    But, something I learned from this game is that I R Squisheh lategame. Now, even without the Gunblade (which, sadly, didn't feel like it did anything for me) that would leave me with two open slots, keeping my RoA, Mercs, Triforce, and Wit's End. What are two good armor/tanky items for Skarner ('cause I'm at a loss).

Now, I play jungle Skarner, so I don't get nearly as much money as a top lane Skarner does, but I don't tend to get Trinity Force ever. Neither do I get Gunblade. I build Skarner primarily as a tank and he just so happens to be strong enough to pull that off; about the only damage item I'm getting on him is Wit's End and the rest of the items are utility (I get early Philo Stone and HoG and build those into Shurelya and Randuin's). You are squishy, admittedly, because you gun for some of the most expensive items in the entire game that make you great at trading damage (Triforce) and 1v1 fights (Gunblade) but in a teamfight where Skarner shines they kinda blow. My opinion is to skip Gunblade at the very least and just get tanky/utility items. Shurelya + Flash + Ult = your Skarner is an amazing initiator. If you need damage get Wit's End and/or Triforce or if the game sounds like a late-game adventure then Atmogs. Also I'd skip RoA because I think it's silly.

...and I think Tiamat might be a good item on him, since Skarner has so much AoE (his Q), it would synergize well with all that Attack Speed.
    ;_; No. Tiamat gives you a weak AoE splash and invests nothing into the survivability you want. Seriously, champs like Skarner are built primarily with survivability in mind because of their utility. You have a suppress and a permaslow, you need to stick to a target, not deal lackluster AoE damage. Or at least that's what I think.
    Last edited by Winthur; 2011-11-16 at 05:06 AM.
    Mordekaiser for president.

12. - Top - End - #702
    Orc in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

Free Blitzcrank week just makes me a very happy summoner. The guy is insanely powerful, probably why he's classed as Tier 0. I can really see where the skill for him comes in, such as not having to blow your powerfist until after you've landed his E basically results in a kill 9/10.

I had 3 games with him last night with my friend on skype jungling Udyr (laned with Caitlyn, Kog and then Ashe). Everytime he appeared in lane we easily dropped at least one of them and forced the other back if he was still alive. Had to shout at my carry not to kill the turret at 8-10 minutes because with the ease of laning there was no point trying to end it anywhere near this early.

In the first game, with Kog, we got a double kill before the minions arrived against a Blitz and a Garen. End the laning phase with 8 kills and 1 death between us, surrender at 24 minutes. Second we drop Xin before the minions arrive and Caitlyn ends up with 8 kills in the laning phase to 0 deaths between us. Surrender at 24 minutes again. Third game, 9 kills in the laning phase against a Garen and Gangplank combo, with my jungler friend picking up 4 of them and snowballing that advantage to help the mid laner pick up plenty of kills. The enemy team didn't want to surrender so the game lasted until just past the 40 minute mark but was good fun until the end.

Can't wait to hit 30 and give him a try in ranked games. I'm thinking of playing him as minimal CS bot lane support. I did find in one of the games that I was a few levels lower than the rest of my team, but my friend plays a pretty tanky Udyr so I play a carry protector/initiator so I don't think the level difference gave us too much of a problem. However by the final game I managed to stop this level difference being a problem by getting a few more minion kills here and there and then using my ulti to wipe creep waves.

Just gotta get enough IP to grab him when this week is over!
    Last edited by Talesin; 2011-11-16 at 08:56 AM. Reason: Spelling

13. - Top - End - #703
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Even Human View Post
    *Wants to buy Shyvana, Fizz and Skarner*

*Only has enough for one-and-a-half of them*

What do I dooooooooo
    And thanks to free Blitz week I also want the robot.

WHY U MAKE SO MANY GOOD CHAMPS RIOT.

*Edit*

Wow these new masteries are so hard. I want everything in every tree
    Last edited by SlyGuyMcFly; 2011-11-16 at 07:09 AM.
    Truth resists simplicity.

14. - Top - End - #704
    Bugbear in the Playground

Watching streamers play around with the new Masteries, I can't but laugh at Riot's "This is a tournament patch so we decided to keep the changes at minimum; as such we only opted to release the biggest gameplay changes since LoL's release."
    That's actually just a mistake on Riot's part to include that in the patch notes. On State of the League last night, they stated that the tournaments will actually be played on previous patches as China is a full two weeks behind EU and NA. So no Fizz in the upcoming tournaments, sadly.
    Awesome avatar by starwoof

15. - Top - End - #705

Ryze is totally ridiculous with 0/21/9. Full Expanded Mind + Swiftness + Runic Affinity + Summoner's Insight, full Resistance + 2 Hardiness, all HP, Indomitable, Initiator, Enlightenment, 2 Honor Guard, Juggernaut.

Suddenly fully defense specced Ryze gives up negligible amounts of Offense (if he builds MPen) and gets tons of the HP he's usually missing alongside silly amounts of Move Speed. Talking 2.6k+ HP with standard Core. Hundreds of HP more than in the old builds. With still solid percentile reductions, and CC reduction to boot.

Pretty sure Tanky DPS in general became pretty ridiculous with the new Defense tree. That thing is bonkers. Oh, and Rumble's AP ratios probably make him totally stupid with 21 Offense.
    Last edited by Eldariel; 2011-11-16 at 09:13 AM.

16. - Top - End - #706
    Troll in the Playground

Akali 30/0/0. Even after the nerfs, it's just stupid good.

17. - Top - End - #707
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Adumbration View Post
    Akali 30/0/0. Even after the nerfs, it's just stupid good.
    Probably half the reason they nerfed her.
    BANG → !
    OH LOOK AT HER/.../YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN MEAN/RICHARDS

18. - Top - End - #708
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    "You're asking a giant demon bird....for a joke?"
    "Seriously, again? Just drop it." Good god, this is the first time I've been the first post on the top of the page for 3 consecutive pages.
    "Think logically for ONE SECON--CAW CAW CAWCAWCAW!!"

I love Swain. xD
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

19. - Top - End - #709
    Ogre in the Playground

Fizz autotaunts if you let him idle in brush for more than like 10 seconds.

Also Fizz is the only champ I'm actually taking executioner on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Herman View Post
    I just found a dead cat in my quern. I guess someone was trying to make cat bread.
    Props go out to kwarkpudding for the awesome avatar!

20. - Top - End - #710

Stonewall won't be releasing two vids for each champ, and says he'll only make a few for "this brief time." (for those who have not seen the video.)

... Closing in on the jungle changes, are we Riot?
    Awesome avatar by Abscondcrow

Spoiler
    Show
    Former awesome avatar by Zefir.

21. - Top - End - #711
    Ettin in the Playground

I'm improving.
    Spoiler
    Show

Ideas?

P.S. Surge is AMAZING on Skarner :D
    I disagree vehemently on the "squishy" part. I too play Skarner in lane, and I run defensive runes and masteries on him (Aspd reds, flat armor yellows, mr/level blues and flat hp quints [I want to get new quints, however], with a 1/21/8 mastery setup)

I run this build on him:
    Spoiler
    Show

Went bot along with a somewhat inept AD sion. Still pooped on the Garen/Shyvana enemy duo.

Atma was the last item there, trading a philo stone (my start is regrowth + blue pot), berserker greaves were there because the enemy was not particularly cc'y.

That build ends with 3100~ hp and 160-ish armor and magic resistance, plenty tanky along with the healing from fracture and gunblade's lifesteal/spellvamp. 277 AD and 140 AP too, 1.5~ attack speed (don't really remember this one number). Tanky dps if there ever was one.

And I agree on surge, it is crazy good on skarner.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

22. - Top - End - #712
    Ogre in the Playground

I want the twitch rework so that I don't have to practically be in melee range to shoot things already.
    I just found a dead cat in my quern. I guess someone was trying to make cat bread.

23. - Top - End - #713
    Ettin in the Playground

Anyone playing Fizz mind sharing their builds with him?

I was originally going Doran's > Sheen > Ionian Boots > Deathcap and then building either Lichbane or Trinity depending on my money at hand but now I'm doing some experimenting to see if I can find a better item build for him.

24. - Top - End - #714

By the way, what are everyone's thoughts on Mercenary from the defense tree? An extra 24 gold on a kill is not a whole lot, but on the assist it is nearly a 25% increase in gold gained. Of course, you are basing it on the hopes of getting enough of either to make it worth it...

Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #715
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bendraesar View Post
    Anyone playing Fizz mind sharing their builds with him?

I was originally going Doran's > Sheen > Ionian Boots > Deathcap and then building either Lichbane or Trinity depending on my money at hand but now I'm doing some experimenting to see if I can find a better item build for him.
    I prefer to go for a ROA before building sheen, because Fizz needs the survivability. I prefer lichbane, because lichbane gives you more damage if you have at least, like, over a hundred AP.

26. - Top - End - #716

Quote Originally Posted by tribble View Post
    I prefer to go for a ROA before building sheen, because Fizz needs the survivability. I prefer lichbane, because lichbane gives you more damage if you have at least, like, over a hundred AP.
    That's what I've been doing too. After RoA, Lichbane and the Sorc Shoes I start thinking about what to do from there, usually a BV/Deathcap, but last item I can never decide between the Rylai's or WotA.

Still deciding what to do with runes, so far Move Speed Quints, Mpen Reds, AP Blues and MP/5sec Yellows.

27. - Top - End - #717
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Daverin View Post
    By the way, what are everyone's thoughts on Mercenary from the defense tree? An extra 24 gold on a kill is not a whole lot, but on the assist it is nearly a 25% increase in gold gained. Of course, you are basing it on the hopes of getting enough of either to make it worth it...
    In my uninformed opinion, it's a snowball. If you start winning, you'll win MORE, but if you're trying to catch up it's basically useless.

So I want to try Dominion. HOW I DO DOMINION. What do I need to bear in mind? What characters are good?
    What characters use Ionic Spark? It looks fun and I want to use it.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

28. - Top - End - #718
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    In my uninformed opinion, it's a snowball. If you start winning, you'll win MORE, but if you're trying to catch up it's basically useless.

So I want to try Dominion. HOW I DO DOMINION. What do I need to bear in mind? What characters are good?
    Send one good pushing/farming (Heimer, Maokai, singed) champion to the bot point to capture and keep it. Of the other four, one will have to stop by mid to capture it and then head towards top, the other three (preferably three strong level 4 fighters) should head directly to the top turret to contest it.

After this opening, the plan is simple. Hold bot. Hold mid. Hold top. Wandering around the map looking for enemies is something that maybe one strong 1v1 (Jax, Akali, etc) should do, but the rest need to be on the defense.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

29. - Top - End - #719

Sounds about right. I must say, it may not be a bad investment, since there is no "loss" from choosing it other than missing out on some other masteries. And even just getting that much more from a string of assists could mean more gold.

Of course, I'd need to find a place for it, first...

As far as Dominion... All I can say is, try to make sure everything is done with team effort and coordination. There seems to be quite a few viable strategies in Dominion, but it seems there is no such thing as single-handedly carrying the game in that mode.

Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #720
    Titan in the Playground

I'm not sure it's even good for snowballing, considering how relatively little gold it's worth; if you're in enough kills for it to make a notable difference to your game, you're probably ahead by enough that it won't really matter. Might have some use for 0 CS Supports, since they can usefully use just about every non-creep source of gold they can scratch up, but even then its positioned pretty deep in the tree, so you're looking at an, IMO, not very good value trade against whatever you're not taking (probably pulling points out of Utility.)