New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202136 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony XXXI: The Great and Powerful XXXie!

Unrelated real world bro-hoof:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thanks to Dirty Tabs for the Travis pony.

Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to A Thousand Words for the My Little Simhata avatar, and thanks to Trixie for fixing the cropping.

Breakdown Twilight from Pony Halloween celebration, thanks to Thanqol.

Thanks to Akrim.Elf for the awesome Laharl pony.

2. - Top - End - #302
    Colossus in the Playground

Hey guys. I drew a pony. It's not a happy pony.

Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #303
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Beeskee View Post
    Your horror story was actually done very well. I liked it when I usually don't like horror. There's a difference between horror and gore/death for it's own sake too. I don't know about Cupcakes or Rainbow Factory but I haven't heard many good things about either.
    Thanks. I did try to make it at least a little interesting, even though it was pretty much a direct response to Cupcakes.

Quote Originally Posted by Dexam View Post
    Derpy Jones? (Davey Jones)

Long Jack Apple? (Long John Silver)

Pony pirates image dump!
    Derpy Jones! Thats.... absolutely perfect! Thanks ^^ I was having trouble with Derpy and Dinky, but now I think I've got 'em.

Still haven't got anything definitive for Fluttershy, Rarity and Twilight, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaelbert View Post
    Deadly: I remember you asked about your dreampony.
    It was a pegasus, very light yellow coat with a purple mane. The cutie mark was a chef's hat.
    I was about to say Flutterchef, but then I noticed you said purple not pink... interesting

Hmm... wonder where the chef's hat came from, though...

4. - Top - End - #304
    Ettin in the Playground

I hate to be the bearer of possibly bad news, but there are some unsettling rumours and such coming out of this post on EqD about Season 3 and beyond.
    From what the screencaps said, only 13 episodes were ordered for Season 3 (which would put them at exactly what they need for syndication), and that when Lauren Faust and Rob Renzetti left "it was ugly."
    Darn it. Sounds like s3 might be the final one....I hope I end up being proven wrong though...
    It is odd, since IIRC Hasbro said the show was being quite successful.
    But maybe Hasbro just wants to lighten the load for the crew on the first season with no involvement from Faust,Rob, and all the others who left. /optimistic
    Last edited by Gamerlord; 2011-11-09 at 07:43 AM.
    Credit for my various avatars goes to Dashwood,Cealocanth,Kwarkpudding,Randomizer,kpengu in,Alarra,Bisected8,zimmerwald1915, and Thanqol.

Once known as "Gamerkid".

5. - Top - End - #305
    Colossus in the Playground

Ah, this is why I don't hate summers completely: Skyquakes. The sky rips and tears, releasing torrential rain and shattering thunderstrikes. The only time I voluntarily turn my music off is when the rain is pouring like this.

Beautiful.

Ah, to be a pegasus pony.

6. - Top - End - #306
    Titan in the Playground

SuiS - That makes sense.

7. - Top - End - #307
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerlord View Post
    Darn it. Sounds like s3 might be the final one....I hope I end up being proven wrong though...
    But maybe Hasbro just wants to lighten the load for the crew on the first season with no involvement from Faust,Rob, and all the others who left. /optimistic
    I'm hoping it's just that they want to see how well season 2 does before ordering a full new season. Playing it conservatively, since it's still somewhat new and everything.

Or... they're making/planning a movie. Less likely, but would be SO AWESOME

8. - Top - End - #308
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Draconi Redfir View Post
    how so? :P
    Oh, look, a stack of constitutional amendments! Let me choose you one. Hm yes this fifth one should do

Naw, in all seriousness, because last time something like this was mentioned it went from possible anomaly to "several posters have crafted gold from these convolutions". I want to see what Lix and maybe Esper put towards it, is all.

Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    PONYTHREAD, I am declaring a Project. Don't worry, you don't have to do anything. But I'm going to be storyboarding, drawing, and putting together a comic strip of Aurora and Mask running the Sisterhood Social together. And I am probably going to do it entirely in rhyme. And it shall be entirely in black and white because I cannot colour half as well as Inkwell and Aurora doesn't have a simplifiable design.

HAVE AT
    Good stuff. Good call on Aurora as well; she is hard to smash out without filler details.

I love it when people reference awesome things.
    I feel like I should ask for a list of Awesome things to reference so I can keep up.

Don't worry, every time I do something good like that I go out and flip off a box full of puppies to balance it out.
    THANQOL FOR BEST PONY
    AN ART FOR EVERY DAY
    A FINGER FOR EVERY DOG
    Winter 2012 Aussi-elections

It's not as good as you might imagine. I mean, he thinks that Rainbow Dash isn't best pony for crying out loud.
    I thought you liked explore other pony's mental illnesses?

Mask: "None of those things distract me from the fact I had to go to an obscure corner of 2003 to find a way to communicate my sorrow."
    The you aren't trying. The drink? The friendliest version of it's name is Adios My Friend. For a reason, too; bye bye!

In all seriousness though, if you're going to remain upset after time travel and service by an incredibly talented being with a neat accent and no shackles of causality, then you're beyond my Help. Unless a triple chocolate chip cookie would work, then maybe not.

/agreement
    Quick question. This means you disagree?
    Each time I read it I come to a different conclusion. So many potential interpretations! Well, ok, two but still.

To hell with this neighsayer talk, just like every other omen of this thread's decline, the only truth it has is what we give it.
    Entirely too true! I just want to indulge a bit is all. I'll be better in. Day or so
    And then *BANG* MASK SHALL BE MINE!

Quote Originally Posted by Kindablue View Post
    "Dear Princess Skinfaxi" doesn't really work but "with Skinfaxi as my witness" sounds much more impressive to me.
    Eyup. Quoted for turtles. Truth turtles.

Although, darn it all, now I'm wondering how the Norse pronounced their X. GAH.

Quote Originally Posted by Vorpalbob View Post
    Last thread, some people were discussing watching an episode and doing an MST3K style riff. As in, I think through Steam/Skype somethingorother multiple people can watch something at the same time, and record it live.

Nothing malicious, mind you, just poking fun and making jokes. I can't imagine ponies getting too worked up over that.

That post about riffing fics just reminded me.
    That's the trouble; where do you draw the line? One pony's snark is another pony's malicious. Look at Dominic Deegan for example. Sure it's terrible, but I still like it. Some really like it. Some like to tear it apart. There is strife between the really like group and the tear it apart group. And that's with something where being bad is almost a canonical decision.

Quote Originally Posted by the_druid_droid View Post
    Fluttershy is surprisingly hard to draw. I blame her shyness...

Spoiler
    Show
    I know right?
    Man, I keep saying
    Y she so hard 2 draw, u no?

I hate to be the bearer of possibly bad news, but there are some unsettling rumours and such coming out of this post on EqD about Season 3 and beyond.
    From what the screencaps said, only 13 episodes were ordered for Season 3 (which would put them at exactly what they need for syndication), and that when Lauren Faust and Rob Renzetti left "it was ugly."
    Eh. I'll believe it when I experience the fallout directly. That last bit, about trouble when Lauren left, doesn't make sense with the context we have.

Besides, that's 2 and a half seasons more than any of us expected.

Spoiler
    Show
    Familiar. Who is she, pray?
    I love the concept.

Ah, this is why I don't hate summers completely: Skyquakes. The sky rips and tears, releasing torrential rain and shattering thunderstrikes. The only time I voluntarily turn my music off is when the rain is pouring like this.

Beautiful.

I suspect it would be a more visceral version of sailing a storm. Words cannot express; sheer joy in doing, the mind reacts, the body moves. Wholeness of spirit.

9. - Top - End - #309
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    Eyup. Quoted for turtles. Truth turtles.

Although, darn it all, now I'm wondering how the Norse pronounced their X. GAH.
    Like 'ks', if I'm reading that table right. Which seems right to me, as a Dane, although I suppose it could easily have changed since then

10. - Top - End - #310
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    I really like the atmosphere in this, I'm kind of curious what the inspiration was?

Beautiful.

Tell me about it! I've always been jealous of things that can fly, marshmallowy ponies in particular.

I know right?
    Man, I keep saying
    Y she so hard 2 draw, u no?
    Yeah, I'm happier with the upper body drawing I posted earlier, but oh well. Now that I've gotten my collection of the mane 6 out of the way, I'm going to start moving on paying you that bet...

I suspect it would be a more visceral version of sailing a storm. Words cannot express; sheer joy in doing, the mind reacts, the body moves. Wholeness of spirit.
    Indeed.

@Noctem Wolf: I saw the idea you posted for your fic. I would offer suggestions, but I'm not very good at that sort of thing. Perhaps if I have some time later today I could try though.
    Last edited by the_druid_droid; 2011-11-09 at 10:52 AM.
    This Machine Surrounds Hate And Forces It To Surrender

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    DD, your unicorn is stronger, prettier, and higher-ranking than mine, and her secret lab has a better name than mine. THERE SHALL BE NO QUARTER.
    Ponythread Learns to Draw!

Spoiler
    Show
    Bleeeeh! Alfalfa Monster!

11. - Top - End - #311
    Barbarian in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Erm, hellooo..... I have a brony friend on another forum attempting to win a bet his non-brony friend, and he asked me to spread the word:

Quote Originally Posted by An Awesome Person
    My friend believes his official TVTropes web show is more popular than ponies. So I made this.

If it gets more views than the actual episode, he will make one of the characters a brony.
    Feddlefew out. 9_6
    Last edited by Feddlefew; 2011-11-09 at 11:09 AM.

12. - Top - End - #312

Quote Originally Posted by Feddlefew View Post
    Erm, hellooo..... I have a brony friend on another forum attempting to win a bet his non-brony friend, and he asked me to spread the word:

Originally Posted by An Awesome Person
    My friend believes his official TVTropes web show is more popular than ponies. So I made this.

If it gets more views than the actual episode, he will make one of the characters a brony.
    Feddlefew out. 9_6
    So how many views does that require? The playground here has ~50 active posters and maybe ~50 active lurkers. If you want views to get into the thousands probably the best thing would be to send it to Equestria Daily. Bronies in the 100,000s visit there daily.
    Last edited by Strife Warzeal; 2011-11-09 at 11:31 AM.
    My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic: The Thread, The Game, The Tumblr.
    Human Crossings Avatar made by Thanqol

13. - Top - End - #313
    Titan in the Playground

What, really?

I mean, I'm not surprised. *First you were dating him, then engaged, then married! Each time Braeburn was brought up you were farther along the path.
    I guess, seeing it's been so long, I'm just surprised we aren't hearing about said foal moving back home and you helping them with their student loans.
    That's less likely to happen soon. xD
    Well, what's most likely is a kind of quantum roleplaying effect where I roleplay their childhood and adulthood simultaneously, but that goes for most children-of-protagonists.

Nope! Though if we do, I'd prefer it happen in Fic form rather than just a decision and declaration.
    I'll get back to you.

JAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAADE! I need to taaalk to yoooou!

I think I even vaguely remember allusions to having a foal, too. *shrug* my memory is weird.
    Shush. xD

I kinda do too? I mean, I enjoy being able to look around the playground more now, but... It's not the rate of content. The quality of posts has minimally decreased; everypony just seems tired, stressed, rushed. The Idylwild feel is almost gone.

Though we seem to be on an upswing! That's always nice

Indeed. Equilibrium will assert itself. Dynamic balance is the best balance.

---

It's a matter of perspective. We haven't lost anything; we cu the Ponythread in half, and each half turned out to be about 80% of a thread! Net gain, for some.

But some of the magic would leave, I think. The big draw is the people, ponies are a vehicle for those people. There is a depth of joy and social learning to the cartoon, but while Paris is nice, the sprawl of France around it is the real flavor; ponies are swell, a castle; a bastion! Around it's buttressed walls we built our tiny ghettos, with jokes and seriousness, factionalization, rationalization, literal, figurative and metaphorical analyses, implicit implications and wide eyed naïveté. We are a people, unto ourself, somewhat distinct but accepting of the fandom at large. We overlap, but we aren't identical. We are a jewel.

To shut down some o those districts changes the entire flow of commerce through the city. Artsberg has slowly emigrated to the southern reaches of Equestria, towards lush jungles of paper and ink (and some art emigrated further south, Hurr Hurr Hurr). The guild fell apart, the general of the army abandoned his post in disgust. Now only a few skilled thespians hold court, a vivid play at RP and storycraft, but not quite the same.

As with any city, our favored leaders have run their term, and the new generation is hesitant to step up. Those are some big hoofprints to fill! We're trying, but it's not the same, and as with any change the populous worries; is this it? Is this the end, are we at a recession, depression, the dark ages of pone?

Of course, it's all silly. We're also a group of folks on the Internet makin assumptions about each other, Nd talking about a kid's show with more than passable qualities.

But as we have heard from some, the community here is what was so astounding.

For Thanqol; the above story was the cold, stone blue one sees in the Hunchback of notre dame, as the sun rises and paints the buildings; just a touch of yellow to liven things, a sense of both great age and yet vitality.

Thinking of forumites as ponies dressed in ren-faire clothes is also mentally pleasing :3

Thank you. I couldn't voice it myself, but yes; the IRC RP makes the thread stuff at it's best look like a positive meander. And that's all well and good! I'm a ramblin' colt, able to lope or stroll as I please, but I do enjoy actually being able to do something that is both relevant and not needlessly silly.

That being said, sometimes there's nothing like a fast-paced silly shot straight to the humerus.

Fixed
    Heh. Well at least I'm not alone. And don't get me wrong, the IRC's fun.

I love it when people reference awesome things.
    Okay, that's the final straw.
    (steals Thanqol)
    (cuddles)
    Mine now. <3

And clearly a group project should be a Ponystuck session
    ...I'd offer to use the Homestuck RPG rules to run it, but I'm starting a new one any minute.

Spoiler
    Show
    ...pretty pony... (gives them a hug)

Beautiful.

...okay, that's the ALTERNATE final straw.
    (turns up at your door with a jetpack and a very waterproof coat and a box of chocolates and takes on a date flying through the stormy skies and listening to the sound.)

Oh, look, a stack of constitutional amendments! Let me choose you one. Hm yes this fifth one should do

Naw, in all seriousness, because last time something like this was mentioned it went from possible anomaly to "several posters have crafted gold from these convolutions". I want to see what Lix and maybe Esper put towards it, is all.
    Mwah? What am I doing?
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

14. - Top - End - #314
    Dwarf in the Playground

Okay, Siuis, as for what I do to draw -I spend about an hour to 6 staring at a blank sheet of paper. Inspiration then strikes me with a baseball bat, and I start sketching with a blue line pencil, and then ink the outcome of that if it doesn't make me cringe and/or hurl.

At which point, I scan the picture in gray scale, and then use the level adjusters to get rid of the blue lines. Because those buggers do still scan, but they're easy enough to get rid of.

Once in Photoshop, I duplicate the base layer and select everything that's white in order to make the line layer, then I generally speaking, when I'm doing it correctly, do everything as gray tones for shading and what not, and then use a Layer feature to colorize the gray tones once I create the color layers. Not saying that's what I always do, that's just what I do when I'm being smart. When I just do the color layers, I use black to make the shading, on it's own seperate layers, and then make those layers mostly transparent so you get a light shading effect, then I use gausian blur to make it look more shade-ey.

-(Inhales deaply)- Then I generally take a step back, look at it, and if I feel I don't wanna do anything more, I move along.

However, if I want to color the outlines, that's a whole other kettle of fish and level of layers that is done with the linework selected.

But that's basically how I do a picture. Much like a duck swimming, it's graceful on the surface, and a Cthulian horror underneath.

Wait, that's not a duck... THAT'S NOT A DUCK AT ALL!

15. - Top - End - #315
    Titan in the Playground

how so? :P

And clearly a group project should be a Ponystuck session
    Agreed. This would be the best thing.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

16. - Top - End - #316
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Beautiful.

This is why once I strike it rich, I'm building an airship and becoming a GENTLEMAN ADVENTURER. Then I can go wherever I choose, never having to put up with winter weather if I don't want to.

17. - Top - End - #317
    Ettin in the Playground

So, I'm wearing my 20% cooler shirt for my birthday. Good deal.
    Linguist and Invoker of Orcus of the Rudisplorker's Guild
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Fantasy literature is ONLY worthwhile for what it can tell us about the real world; everything else is petty escapism.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    No author should have to take the time to say, "This little girl ISN'T evil, folks!" in order for the reader to understand that. It should be assumed that no first graders are irredeemably Evil unless the text tells you they are.

18. - Top - End - #318
    Ettin in the Playground

IRC chat has been hilarious the past few days.

Djinn Lyra is best Lyra.

19. - Top - End - #319
    Bugbear in the Playground

So it looks like if the rumors are true that I called it; the typical 65 episodes for Friendship is Magic. Having anticipated it, I find that I'm not upset; a lot of anime never make it to 65 episodes and they don't have the USA's particular conditions. 65 is a lot of episodes, really; I suspect that the fandom can sustain itself for at least a few more years after that, if the collective will is there (and of course it's not an issue for over a year yet). Heck, there's still an Invader Zim fandom out there and it only finished 47 episodes.

Speaking of fan stuff, I put Part Three of New Perspectives up on Google Docs (links to the first two parts are at the bottom). Working on Part Four; it's one of those places where I need to fill out the transition from one plot point to another, so there's a bit of fit-and-start going on.

She appears to be rather an upset pony. It would be interesting to know the context.

Tell me about it! I've always been jealous of things that can fly, marshmallowy ponies in particular.
    Topaz is unusual for my personal characters in not having wings. Of course, I then made her a unicorn with another way to fly (whose special talent is being helpful); hax-yet-constrained is typical for me.
    Blue Star Topaz is my name
    Equestria's my station
    The Elements define my creed
    The Herd's my destination

20. - Top - End - #320
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Trazoi View Post
    Needs sisters first.

(Curious): What pony names would work as names? There's Luna, variants of Celestia (Celeste). Spike's more of a strong nickname (like for Spike Milligan). Anyone else? Big Macintosh?
    Well, if marry a very tall woman or are tall yourself you might go for Macinthosh. And if you get non-identical twin daughters, separate them at birth and call them Trixie and Twilight. I'll be worth it, you'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerlord View Post
    So the explanation is that a multinational corporation cares more for quality and their subcontractor's employees than for profit? Well, maybe the show did change the world.

Interesting! I actually commend you for that. I want to take a small break from the Internet entirely, but I need a day off first. Saying "I'm not gonna go on the pony thread" and then working all day just ends with me feeling guilty for caving in and going on the Ponythread. I wanna spend the day with mah filly, y'know?
    Yeah, I know the need to share time with your filly. Not that I have one.

And don't worry about catching up; a lot of the jokes we make are ephemeral, really. They're fun, but not vital. That's the upside to the IRC- we are getting in the habit of putting important stuff here, and doing silly interactions that are technically just clutter over there.

Though I plan on dragging some of the clutter with me, kicking and screaming. Like, did you know that Starry Notions has some hard-and-fast limits, that my anthropomorphic form doesn't? Like one is a self-incarnating entity, and the other is a standard(ish) mortal pony? Yeah, I forgot that until after I was killed by a chest burster. With no way to come back.
    Oops.

Luckily, mad science! And Raz_Fox with a magic contract.
    I'm missing so much madness. I'm split over the IRC. It makes the thread easier to follow, but a lot of stuff doesn't go here anymore. Not that I would have time to see or participate if the thread was still on full power. I think that guy nailed it.

It's also good to see your work isn't overwhelming you.
    ...I didn't say that. Well, I did, but that's just the last 2 weeks. October was hell with me nearly breaking down and seriously considering giving up and quitting. And since less stress means less contracts, and I'm paid to get contracts, that spells DOOM for me. Well, not really, since I'm actually pretty good and they can't replace me that fast, but it's still a bad feeling. I wonder who has the Becker Fraktur font installed.

Aaand... My month has been weird. I've worked the last 35-38 days solid, anywhere from 8 to 14 hours a day. I'm starting to slip up on dumb things, like staying open an extra hour because I somehow got 23:00 into my head as 10:00 pm. That and a small crises of self, which I resolved in the usual manner of ignoring it until my background processes got to work on it.

Overall, not too bad! But not very pony. I'm running at like, between 50-70% capacity. 63.7% more pony that a non-Brony, but it could be better, Y'know?

Haha. I've gotten whiny and expositional in the last few days XD
    Yeah, I got whiny and expositional, too. On Sunday I realized that I became a typical office guy. Always whining about his job, always talking about his job. On Saturday I was talking most with that old friend of mine who got a job in the same branch. Taxes here, accounting there.

Quote Originally Posted by Kindablue View Post
    "Dear Princess Skinfaxi" doesn't really work but "with Skinfaxi as my witness" sounds much more impressive to me.
    You know, sometimes I wonder how such names and their intonation sounds to people who grew up with a different mother tongue. (Let#s just say "Skinfaxi" sounds a little less impressive to me)
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Blade View Post
    50% analysis, 40% jokes, 10% depression
    “The problem with quotes on the internet is you never know if they are genuine.”
    ― Joseph Stalin

21. - Top - End - #321
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by InkwellPony View Post
    Okay, Siuis, as for what I do to draw -I spend about an hour to 6 staring at a blank sheet of paper. Inspiration then strikes me with a baseball bat, and I start sketching with a blue line pencil, and then ink the outcome of that if it doesn't make me cringe and/or hurl.

At which point, I scan the picture in gray scale, and then use the level adjusters to get rid of the blue lines. Because those buggers do still scan, but they're easy enough to get rid of.

Once in Photoshop, I duplicate the base layer and select everything that's white in order to make the line layer, then I generally speaking, when I'm doing it correctly, do everything as gray tones for shading and what not, and then use a Layer feature to colorize the gray tones once I create the color layers. Not saying that's what I always do, that's just what I do when I'm being smart. When I just do the color layers, I use black to make the shading, on it's own seperate layers, and then make those layers mostly transparent so you get a light shading effect, then I use gausian blur to make it look more shade-ey.

-(Inhales deaply)- Then I generally take a step back, look at it, and if I feel I don't wanna do anything more, I move along.

However, if I want to color the outlines, that's a whole other kettle of fish and level of layers that is done with the linework selected.
    *scribbles notes furiously*

But that's basically how I do a picture. Much like a duck swimming, it's graceful on the surface, and a Cthulian horror underneath.

I find most things in life are like this

<.< >.>

Quote Originally Posted by SaintRidley View Post
    Happy birthday! Sounds like an excellent way to celebrate.

Quote Originally Posted by Topaz View Post
    Topaz is unusual for my personal characters in not having wings. Of course, I then made her a unicorn with another way to fly (whose special talent is being helpful); hax-yet-constrained is typical for me.
    Now that I think about it, I may use the dead time over Thanksgiving to make a Second Hand learns to fly comic, if I can swing it.

(Hint: it's going to involve military spec thrusters...)

Also, hi Sweetie Welf! Always good seeing you around these parts.
    This Machine Surrounds Hate And Forces It To Surrender

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    DD, your unicorn is stronger, prettier, and higher-ranking than mine, and her secret lab has a better name than mine. THERE SHALL BE NO QUARTER.
    Ponythread Learns to Draw!

Spoiler
    Show
    Bleeeeh! Alfalfa Monster!

22. - Top - End - #322
    Titan in the Playground

Can we get the IRC linked to in the OP from now on?
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

23. - Top - End - #323
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Feddlefew View Post

Feddlefew out. 9_6
    What did I just watch?

Ah well. I do hope this isn't the only forum you're plugging this video at? I don't know that we have enough ponies to really ramp up it's views ourselves.

Quote Originally Posted by InkwellPony View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

Fascinating. Thank you, that will eventually come in handy.

That's actually a Canadian goose. Don't feel bad- nopony likes those. It's the attitude. (or the tentacles).

Quote Originally Posted by SaintRidley View Post
    Neat! Well, happy birthday, Ridley!

So it looks like if the rumors are true that I called it; the typical 65 episodes for Friendship is Magic. Having anticipated it, I find that I'm not upset; a lot of anime never make it to 65 episodes and they don't have the USA's particular conditions. 65 is a lot of episodes, really; I suspect that the fandom can sustain itself for at least a few more years after that, if the collective will is there (and of course it's not an issue for over a year yet). Heck, there's still an Invader Zim fandom out there and it only finished 47 episodes.
    Indeed. We've got another couple years in us. And a couple more after that, and a couple more after that... And on the bright side, we won't have to worry about all the otherforum goers panicking because we're taking over OR SO THEY THINK! MWAHAHA!

hax-yet-constrained is typical for me.
    Yay, I'm not alone!
    Oh, wait, constrained. Hrmmm...

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetie Welf View Post
    Yeah, I know the need to share time with your filly. Not that I have one.
    It just occured to methat she's not current and up to date on the thread; so while you and I are talking about me wanting to spend time with her, she's probably feeling bad that I never spend any time with her.

I think I need to work out some communication bugs.

I'm missing so much madness. I'm split over the IRC. It makes the thread easier to follow, but a lot of stuff doesn't go here anymore. Not that I would have time to see or participate if the thread was still on full power. I think that guy nailed it.
    Is that a bad thing? Are you here for the madness? I enjoyed it myself but Kpenguin is right we haven't really lost any substance.

...I didn't say that. Well, I did, but that's just the last 2 weeks. October was hell with me nearly breaking down and seriously considering giving up and quitting. And since less stress means less contracts, and I'm paid to get contracts, that spells DOOM for me. Well, not really, since I'm actually pretty good and they can't replace me that fast, but it's still a bad feeling. I wonder who has the Becker Fraktur font installed.
    I apparently do, or it's supported by the website. Either or.
    Man, that's sounds horrible. I hate commission style jobs for just that reason. I'd rather have emotional quality of life than monetary.

You know, sometimes I wonder how such names and their intonation sounds to people who grew up with a different mother tongue. (Let#s just say "Skinfaxi" sounds a little less impressive to me)
    well, I could test it backwards. Pick a word or two in English that sound neat or impressive to you, and I'll tell you how it is for me.
    I think he meant it was a nice change, though; he may just be glad it's not the standard Greek or Latin we're used to.

24. - Top - End - #324

@Noctem Wolf: I saw the idea you posted for your fic. I would offer suggestions, but I'm not very good at that sort of thing. Perhaps if I have some time later today I could try though.
    Would be nice of you, Druid. =) Thank you!

Sorry for not posting in the draw thread; I'm not the best a critiquing artwork. Most of my art is simply me redrawing something else. Case in point:

Spoiler
    Show

Speaking of fan stuff, I put Part Three of New Perspectives up on Google Docs (links to the first two parts are at the bottom). Working on Part Four; it's one of those places where I need to fill out the transition from one plot point to another, so there's a bit of fit-and-start going on.
    I may just have to read the rest of this... first few sentences and already I see an Applejack...
    Spoiler
    Show
    With wings? ZOMG! I SHALL READ NAOW!

also, Rainbow Dash and a toothbrush:
    Spoiler
    Show

Last edited by Noctemwolf; 2011-11-09 at 02:21 PM.

25. - Top - End - #325
    Titan in the Playground

Someone at my junior college has the liscense plate MLPONY.

F*** the crap YES
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

26. - Top - End - #326
    Titan in the Playground

Woah there nelly!

While I have heard of 65 as a magic number in reference to the creation of frankenseries Robotech I have been unable to verify it as a real requirement. I refer you to Broadcast Syndication and 100 episodes noting that none of this seems to indicate more then general trends for syndication. The original Battlestar Galactica only had 31 episode including its lame sequel series, yet ran in syndication for years. Further more why would syndication be Hasbro's goal if they are trying to build a network for themselves? They still don't have a full stable of shows, its why we get a replay every Saturday and you can catch something like Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego? on air.

I've never heard that the show has been unsuccessful with its target demographic either. Given that we are less then halfway through season 2 I'm going to take any order for season 3 as a good thing for now.

And carefully reading the screen shots we have what we have is that Lauren Faust and Rob Renzetti are out, but were involved with every season 2 script and something about that was ugly. I mean... not to be overly rose-tinted but that could just as easily be referring to being "ugly" because our beloved creator gods were very very busy and had to pull all-nighters to meet deadlines or something. Then there's the entire spectrum of Executive Meddling to consider that said parties may not have liked but isn't related to cancellation. And we've already had Executive Meddling that turned out fine in the end, Twilight's balloon is hardly a lead weight on the show yes? Or simply purely mundane issues like monetary disagreements.

Its purest speculation to connect any of this to cancellation given that the unconfirmed episodes wouldn't be on air until 2013.

27. - Top - End - #327
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    ...I'd offer to use the Homestuck RPG rules to run it, but I'm starting a new one any minute.
    There's a homestuck RPG now?

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    Agreed. This would be the best thing.
    I figured it all out, two earths, two pegisi, and two unicorns, they all become Alicorns upon reaching God Teir.

Obviously Luna and Celestia used to be earth/pegasus/unicorn ponies but reached god teir along with the two guys in their own session, then... i don’t know... the two guys died or went away or something
    Last edited by Draconi Redfir; 2011-11-09 at 03:21 PM.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #328
    Titan in the Playground

There's a homestuck RPG now?
    You're welcome.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

29. - Top - End - #329
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Soras Teva Gee View Post
    Woah there nelly!

While I have heard of 65 as a magic number in reference to the creation of frankenseries Robotech I have been unable to verify it as a real requirement. I refer you to Broadcast Syndication and 100 episodes noting that none of this seems to indicate more then general trends for syndication. The original Battlestar Galactica only had 31 episode including its lame sequel series, yet ran in syndication for years. Further more why would syndication be Hasbro's goal if they are trying to build a network for themselves? They still don't have a full stable of shows, its why we get a replay every Saturday and you can catch something like Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego? on air.

I've never heard that the show has been unsuccessful with its target demographic either. Given that we are less then halfway through season 2 I'm going to take any order for season 3 as a good thing for now.

And carefully reading the screen shots we have what we have is that Lauren Faust and Rob Renzetti are out, but were involved with every season 2 script and something about that was ugly. I mean... not to be overly rose-tinted but that could just as easily be referring to being "ugly" because our beloved creator gods were very very busy and had to pull all-nighters to meet deadlines or something. Then there's the entire spectrum of Executive Meddling to consider that said parties may not have liked but isn't related to cancellation. And we've already had Executive Meddling that turned out fine in the end, Twilight's balloon is hardly a lead weight on the show yes? Or simply purely mundane issues like monetary disagreements.

Its purest speculation to connect any of this to cancellation given that the unconfirmed episodes wouldn't be on air until 2013.
    Yeah, I'm going to second this and say that it's a bit early to be alarmed. We're only five episodes in to season 2 and there's already a season 3 on the way, and it's ages off! Things look great for the time being, we can worry about the future if more details arise and they look bad.

30. - Top - End - #330
    Titan in the Playground

I sure seem to need lots of help with this story... Anyway, I think ponythread will like this one:

Derpy has fallen in love with Fluttershy and wants to show her feelings. So she seeks advice from three of her friends: Pinkie Pie, Roseluck and Sparkler (Dinky's half-sister from the new episode)

These three are chosen for the obvious advice they'll each offer: offerings of chocolate or sweets in general, flowers, or gems/jewelry, which may all be fine advice.

What I need is either for Derpy to screw up the perfectly good advice, or for the advice to not be so good after all (especially likely with Pinkie, I suppose)

Not screw up so bad that Fluttershy will find her annoying or anything, just enough that Fluttershy will fail to get the message.