New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony XXXI: The Great and Powerful XXXie!

Quote Originally Posted by Neoseanster View Post
    Poor, poor Jade... bad Titanium, exposing her to such things!

Spoiler
    Show

You should be ashamed!

(Really, though, I'll never get why people write these things. It's... bleh. Discouraging. Nothing worse than you'll find in a B horror movie, but still.)
    It's inspired by the song of the same name. It's a shame the author took such a cliche interpretation of the song. Then again, the lyrics don't really leave much to imagination.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    ...but...but... I have a foal with Braeburn!
    This is news.

Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post
    Have we seen any non-Earth Pony cooks around other than Pony Joe?
    I thought Pony Joe was a unicorn?
    Thanks to Dirty Tabs for the Travis pony.

Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to A Thousand Words for the My Little Simhata avatar, and thanks to Trixie for fixing the cropping.

Breakdown Twilight from Pony Halloween celebration, thanks to Thanqol.

Thanks to Akrim.Elf for the awesome Laharl pony.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Ettin in the Playground

...but...but... I have a foal with Braeburn!
    What.
    What have you been doing when I stop paying attention ponythread?
    Credit for my various avatars goes to Dashwood,Cealocanth,Kwarkpudding,Randomizer,kpengu in,Alarra,Bisected8,zimmerwald1915, and Thanqol.

Once known as "Gamerkid".

4. - Top - End - #154
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium Fox View Post
    The mare is curled up in a ball, her hooves covering her face and nose as best as she can muster. A computer screen is the only light in the room, and it's soft flicker illuminates the green pony with an eerie glow of Blues, Reds, and Purples, her natural color seeming to absorb anything else. A soft, incoherent muttering can be heard in the pindrop silence.

If one were to creep behind the cowering mare, they could see a rainbow across the screen, each and every color a vertical bar, the LCD monitor giving an unnatural flicker, and every so often, what appears to be a pony's face flashes into view, only to leave the viewer questioning if there ever really was anything there at all.

So, that is the scene in my mind right now. Jade is incapacitated after reading that, and I frankly can't blame her. There's a reason I typically hate gore and grimdark.

Synopsis (WARNING: Grimdark):
    Spoiler
    Show
    Basically, if the story, if you fail your flight test, you're 'deported'. And by that I mean sent to the rainbow factory and killed, and turned into rainbows. So yeah. Scoots fails her flying test, and her friends are both killed, she tries to escape, but fails, and Rainbow Dash, completely insane and blood thirsty, kills her.
    Stupid grimdark, there's only one cure for this

Scootahugs!
    Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #155
    Titan in the Playground

(Really, though, I'll never get why people write these things. It's... bleh. Discouraging. Nothing worse than you'll find in a B horror movie, but still.)
    As somepony who has written something of the same nature, however small and not serious, I... don't really know why either, to be honest. I do like horror, and I do think it can be done well. Some of these are obviously just meant as a pure exercise in gore and pointless violence, but I think it's possible to do better and have some actual value in such stories.

Quote Originally Posted by Bayonet Priest View Post

Scootahugs!
    Spoiler
    Show

Thanks! That makes me happy ^^

6. - Top - End - #156
    Ogre in the Playground

WARNING! Large image, but totally worth it!

Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #157
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    The mare is curled up in a ball, her hooves covering her face and nose as best as she can muster. A computer screen is the only light in the room, and it's soft flicker illuminates the green pony with an eerie glow of Blues, Reds, and Purples, her natural color seeming to absorb anything else. A soft, incoherent muttering can be heard in the pindrop silence.

If one were to creep behind the cowering mare, they could see a rainbow across the screen, each and every color a vertical bar, the LCD monitor giving an unnatural flicker, and every so often, what appears to be a pony's face flashes into view, only to leave the viewer questioning if there ever really was anything there at all.

So, that is the scene in my mind right now. Jade is incapacitated after reading that, and I frankly can't blame her. There's a reason I typically hate gore and grimdark.

Spoiler
    Show
    Basically, if the story, if you fail your flight test, you're 'deported'. And by that I mean sent to the rainbow factory and killed, and turned into rainbows. So yeah. Scoots fails her flying test, and her friends are both killed, she tries to escape, but fails, and Rainbow Dash, completely insane and blood thirsty, kills her.

Oh, that fic. I skimmed it, one eyebrow (I wish) skeptically raised, silently judging it inside of my head.

I didn't like it. But I suppose that's the opinion of everyone here.

8. - Top - End - #158
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly View Post
    As somepony who has written something of the same nature, however small and not serious, I... don't really know why either, to be honest. I do like horror, and I do think it can be done well. Some of these are obviously just meant as a pure exercise in gore and pointless violence, but I think it's possible to do better and have some actual value in such stories.
    Good horror and suspense can be riveting. Gorey nonsensical murder just makes me facehoof.

This cheered me up.

9. - Top - End - #159
    Ettin in the Playground

I just had a weird thought about the pilot.
    If NMM had placed Equestria under Eternal Night, does that mean the other side of the planet was facing the threat of Eternal Light? Or is Equestria's planet flat?
    Last edited by Gamerlord; 2011-11-08 at 12:05 PM.
    Credit for my various avatars goes to Dashwood,Cealocanth,Kwarkpudding,Randomizer,kpengu in,Alarra,Bisected8,zimmerwald1915, and Thanqol.

Once known as "Gamerkid".

10. - Top - End - #160
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by the_druid_droid View Post
    O.o Y-you're right!

But who is Rainbow Dash?

I have the weirdest need to stalk Raz right now...
    I think this makes the answer you. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Kris Strife View Post
    This is news.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamerlord View Post
    What.
    What have you been doing when I stop paying attention ponythread?
    I've been dating him for aaages. ^_^
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

11. - Top - End - #161

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerlord View Post
    I just had a weird thought about the pilot.
    If NMM had placed Equestria under Eternal Night, does that mean the other side of the planet was facing the threat of Eternal Light? Or is Equestria's planet flat?
    I'm assuming she had the power to cover the whole planet, or at least the occupied areas, otherwise her threat would be kind of silly.

Mind you, my climatology studies indicate that Eternal Night would be rather problematic, as well.
    I have a band!
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #162

(beckons closer)
    (and closer)
    (AND CLOSER)
    Spoiler
    Show
    I don't know why people like socks. But, however much I complain, I like compliments and blushing. xD
    Feel free to carry on?
    In that case... *Ahem*

LIX IN SOCKS IS THE CUTEST THING SINCE THE INVENTION OF CUTE!

Quote Originally Posted by InkwellPony View Post
    Heya Ponies! A new pic for the playground! And it's vaguely pony related! Vaguely. Very.

It's a bit more crawly than a traditional pony.

But it is very cute thing!

Spoiler
    Show

Threadwell Spider nomming on a twinkie!

And if I decide I want to change out my character image thing,

And now, back to work.
    Yay! More awesome Inkwell arts!

And more pictures - I finally finished the pictures of Midnight's daughter, Aurora! The only pony in existance that is lucky enough to have three grandmothers from a single side of her family - and a Great 'Grandmother' that can move the sun at will. Lucky foal!

Spoiler
    Show

And Playground Character Icon Picture solo thingie!
    Inkwell is now best pony (Except for Midnight, Lix, Vorpalbob, and Fluttershy)

So. Ya'll know how I'm running the singing event at BroNYcon January, right? Well, I got an audition from someone insane enough to want to take both Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie's sections, which totals well over three-quarters of the expected set list.

However.

Her singing is pretty dang good, she sounds quite a bit like Pinkie.

Anypony want to listen and give me their thoughts?
    She sounds quite a bit like Pinkie! I like it.

As ANOTHER note for BroNYcon. I am going to be doing a hotel room. I am paying the full price, Friday and Saturday night. And I am welcoming as many ponies as I can fit FOR FREE. Right now I have seven ponies in the room, and I can at least fit three more. So if rooming space is keeping you from coming in January, don’t let it. You are more than welcome to crash with me, even if it is floor space.
    Y'know, I'm considering it...

I am reading Rainbow Factory. Why am I reading Rainbow Factory. Somepony please stop me. I haven't read the bad part yet. I can still be saved. I can still not read it. I can still not ruin rainbows for myself for the rest of my life. But I can't stop myself.

Somepony save me, please...
    NOOOOOOOOOO DON'T!

*Tackles Titanium Fox*

Don't do it! All of it is the bad part! Was my earlier rant about it not enough?! Or did nopony actually pay attention to it?

Spoiler
    Show
    *Sigh* You went ahead and read it, didn't you?

If it's any help, as I've already explained, Rainbows ARE NOT MADE THAT WAY!
    "Why is it that we receive a penny for our thoughts, but have to put in our 2 cents?"

Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

I got an award!
    Spoiler
    Show

Fluttershy in the Playground - third place

13. - Top - End - #163
    Dwarf in the Playground

CUUUUTE.
    ...also... did we ever work out who the other mother was? Or father. (Yeah, that's gonna happen)
    I'm sure I was one of the candidates. xD
    We never did fully decide on that. ^^

Spoiler
    Show
    -(Eyetwitches, reading the spoiler, pauses, looks down at self, looks at the spoiler, lets out a high pitched girly scream and promptly faints)-
    Last edited by InkwellPony; 2011-11-08 at 12:43 PM.

14. - Top - End - #164
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Hmm... I think I'll pass it by I read Cupcakes and mostly found it silly, but I really like Scootaloo
    Please do pass by it. It's garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by the_druid_droid View Post
    Quoted because:
    a.) This song is best song!
    b.) A wild Jade has appeared! *tackleglomp*
    OHMYGOSHFLYINGDROID *Glomped*

Poor, poor Jade... bad Titanium, exposing her to such things!

Spoiler
    Show

You should be ashamed!

Because I'm a terrible person? (Seriously, I only wrote that because it came to mind, and I was not going to pass up that level of literary imagery. I'm proud of those two paragraphs dangit. And yeah, no, I generally hate Grimdark like I said. I only found an urge to read it because the song is so, well... good.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Honestly? If they didn't cram rainbow dash in there for NO REASON it could have been a good story.
    )

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    It's inspired by the song of the same name. It's a shame the author took such a cliche interpretation of the song. Then again, the lyrics don't really leave much to imagination.
    No, no they don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Bayonet Priest View Post

Scootahugs!
    Spoiler
    Show

HNNNNNG-

Quote Originally Posted by Tectonic Robot View Post
    [/SPOILER]

Oh, that fic. I skimmed it, one eyebrow (I wish) skeptically raised, silently judging it inside of my head.

I didn't like it. But I suppose that's the opinion of everyone here.
    Really no one does, in the same way very few people like Cupcakes.

Quote Originally Posted by Vent Reynolt View Post
    NOOOOOOOOOO DON'T!

*Tackles Titanium Fox*

Don't do it! All of it is the bad part! Was my earlier rant about it not enough?! Or did nopony actually pay attention to it?

*Sigh* You went ahead and read it, didn't you?

If it's any help, as I've already explained, Rainbows ARE NOT MADE THAT WAY!
    You were too late... *Gives a somber look*

((Yes, I paid attention to it. Curiosity got the better of me though. :P))
    Avatar by DirtyTabs in the Adopt-A-Pony thread.

Thank you all so much for voting!
    Co-Winner of Rainbow Dash in the Playground!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    For your dedication to ponies and giving us all entertainment with your quote tree o' doom, I hereby award you the Louisianan Purchase. How can I do that? Long story short, let's just say I picked a doozy of a poker game to go "all in".

15. - Top - End - #165
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Vent Reynolt View Post
    In that case... *Ahem*

LIX IN SOCKS IS THE CUTEST THING SINCE THE INVENTION OF CUTE!
    .////////////.

LIES
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.

16. - Top - End - #166

.////////////.

LIES
    TRUTH. Except for Midnight of course, but yeah.
    Avatar by DirtyTabs in the Adopt-A-Pony thread.

Thank you all so much for voting!
    Co-Winner of Rainbow Dash in the Playground!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    For your dedication to ponies and giving us all entertainment with your quote tree o' doom, I hereby award you the Louisianan Purchase. How can I do that? Long story short, let's just say I picked a doozy of a poker game to go "all in".

17. - Top - End - #167

And more pictures - I finally finished the pictures of Midnight's daughter, Aurora! The only pony in existance that is lucky enough to have three grandmothers from a single side of her family - and a Great 'Grandmother' that can move the sun at will. Lucky foal!

Spoiler
    Show

And Playground Character Icon Picture solo thingie!
    Glee! So pretty! Even a background anything! You're too good at drawing cutie, Inkwell....

Metal Mask: *Goes and cries in the Corner Booth of Despair*"
    Sorry Metal Mask! It was late at night and my brains weren't working! I didn't mean to leave you off the list of Midnight's daughters... great, I'm gonna get bopped for this. And I think this killed comments on the pictures. -(Sighs)-
    Now, now, you two. It was an honest mistake. Oooh, I know! The Sisterhood Social is coming up soon! Why don't you two compete?

As ANOTHER note for BroNYcon. I am going to be doing a hotel room. I am paying the full price, Friday and Saturday night. And I am welcoming as many ponies as I can fit FOR FREE. Right now I have seven ponies in the room, and I can at least fit three more. So if rooming space is keeping you from coming in January, don’t let it. You are more than welcome to crash with me, even if it is floor space.
    I cannot promise anything, but I will try really hard to make it happen on my end.

This is not my new personal fanon. No. I don't care what the show's creators say, this is canon. So. Cute.
    And thus, EsperDerek saved Derpy/Dinky. Thank you, everypony! I'll be here to improve fandom anytime! Midnight awaaaayy!

I'm seriously considering it. I mean, I feel so much more comfortable online as a filly, and come to think of it I always have.
    You're a brilliantly awesome pony, no matter what. A very cute filly, too.

You are very, very far from the only one who had this revelation.
    *Midnight whistles innocently.

Spoiler
    Show
    JJADDEE! *There's a tremendous explosion, akin to a pony breaking the sound barrier! That emerald mare, cowering away from the LCD monitor, suddenly feels hooves wrapping tightly around her, pulling her away from that terrible place. As she leaves, Midnight's horn flicks almost vindictively. There's the flash of magic, and that monitor, that terrible rainbow, bursts into motes of light, dissolving harmlessly away.*

Quote Originally Posted by Vorpalbob View Post
    I'm assuming she had the power to cover the whole planet, or at least the occupied areas, otherwise her threat would be kind of silly.

Mind you, my climatology studies indicate that Eternal Night would be rather problematic, as well.
    It would be bad for so many reasons, yes.
    Last edited by EsperDerek; 2011-11-08 at 01:00 PM.

18. - Top - End - #168

Once again, Inkwell is Awesome Artist Pony!

Quote Originally Posted by Random_person View Post
    But... pony gaming.

Yeah, it wouldn't work well for, say, D&D. But I have high hopes for Ponyxalted, and Pony FUDGE might work well. What about Ponylords of Creation? Or...

Yeah, I'm out. But still!
    So far my collection of Tabletop RPGs for ponies includes a RPGnet thread on using FATE, versions for D6, Savage Worlds, an incomplete Pathfinder and some Mutants & Masterminds writeups, plus three games using original systems.

Spoiler
    Show
    But there was an incredible lack of Tree Sap...
    Spoiler
    Show
    Silly Jade, Maple syrup is tree sap!

We're past the spoiler block period on Sisterhooves Social, right? Well, just in case, tangentially related:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know the whole Derpy/Dinky/Sparkler thing? You know the fan reaction that I like the very best of all?

Welcome to the family.

Blue Star Topaz is my name
    Equestria's my station
    The Elements define my creed
    The Herd's my destination

19. - Top - End - #169
    Titan in the Playground

nuuuuuuuuuu ./////////////////////////////////.

20. - Top - End - #170
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    Remember:

Ponies have superpowers.

Superpowers.

Spoiler
    Show

I'm so gonna get so much milage out of that image, SiuiS!
    I will never get tired of that.

Quote Originally Posted by RdMarquis View Post
    Yay, new thread. Here's Bon Bon as a secret agent to celebrate.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-GpURdBRmAb...re-d4fbyfp.jpg

That's awesome!
    Haha! Yes!

Quote Originally Posted by Dexam View Post
    Road to El Dorado. I love that movie - so many great quotes.

Spoiler
    Show
    Miguel: "You fight like my sister!"
    Tulio: "I've fought your sister - that's a compliment!"

Miguel: "Tulio, did you ever imagine it would end like this?"
    Tulio: "The horse is a surprise..."

Chel: "Oh! Oh, no, no, no. The High Priest! What is he gonna think when he sees one of the Gods like this with me?"
    Tulio: "Uhh... Lucky god?"

Tulio: "Well, it was nice working with you, partner."
    Miguel: "Tulio, I just want you to know... I'm sorry about that girl in Barcelona."

I've watched the behind the scenes extras on the DVD - apparently a fair bit of dialog was ad-libbed by Kevin Kline and Kenneth Brannagh, and the writers just ran with it.
    Nice! I really need to see that again now.

Quote Originally Posted by Kindablue View Post
    Some dramatically crazy guy in that IRC that I still haven't gotten around to using demanded that these be posted:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Raindow Dash... in a maid outfit. I've seen it before but still... Hubba hubba!

Heya Ponies! A new pic for the playground! And it's vaguely pony related! Vaguely. Very.

It's a bit more crawly than a traditional pony.

But it is very cute thing!

Spoiler
    Show

Threadwell Spider nomming on a twinkie!

And if I decide I want to change out my character image thing,

And now, back to work.
    SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! ^_______^

Quote Originally Posted by Jahkaivah View Post
    Thank you for brightening my day.

Quote Originally Posted by byaku rai View Post
    ... *burns spider!Inkwell* *twitch*

Are there going to be any more horrifyingly cute spiders, or can I put the flamethrower away now?
    *Casts heal on the cute spider*

So. Ya'll know how I'm running the singing event at BroNYcon January, right? Well, I got an audition from someone insane enough to want to take both Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie's sections, which totals well over three-quarters of the expected set list.

However.

Not bad at all! Very much like Pinkie.

*Snrk* Pinkie PiuiS.
    That's magnificent.

Anyway guys, I may not see you for a while. I recently reinstalled Civ 5 ¬_¬ So before I sucumb to "one-more-turn-ism" I wonder... If each pony ruled a Civ, how would they play?

I thinking...

Twilight: Clearly Science based. Probably similar to the Babalonians. Unique unit would be teleporting unicorn troops, ignoring terrain.

Pinkie Pie: Bonuses to Civ happiness, naturally. Possibly with a new great person who creates happiness producing tiles (Great Party-planner?)

Rarity: Well she is the element of generosity. Perhaps extra bonuses after giving gifts to other civs/CSs. That and extra happiness from gems and silk.

Fluttershy: Some sort of bonus from animal tiles I guess? I want to say extra horses but that seems... wrong.

Rainbow Dash: Fast moving units plus early access to flight techs.

Applejack: Better farms of course. In what way, I'm not sure.

Celestia: Golden ages last much longer
    Used to be Diego Havoc
    Spoiler: About Me
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    Diego Havoc, one of the hoopier froods I've met, up there with DeLancie.

21. - Top - End - #171
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kris Strife View Post
    I thought Pony Joe was a unicorn?
    Yes, and that would qualify him as a non-Earth Pony cook.
    Unless he's just in sales.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

22. - Top - End - #172
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Diego Havoc View Post

Anyway guys, I may not see you for a while. I recently reinstalled Civ 5 ¬_¬ So before I sucumb to "one-more-turn-ism" I wonder... If each pony ruled a Civ, how would they play?

I thinking...

Fluttershy: Some sort of bonus from animal tiles I guess? I want to say extra horses but that seems... wrong.
    i guess that entirely depends if Big Mac is her co-ruler or not.....
    Last edited by otakuryoga; 2011-11-08 at 01:19 PM.
    Ponies not only make ME want to be a better person than I was before they entered my life, they make me want to HELP OTHERS be better people too.

And that is a GOOD thing by any definition.

full size avatar

23. - Top - End - #173
    Titan in the Playground

Why can i never picture Dinky as a girl? keeps coming out as a boy to me.

it must be my Male-ness and natural Biology genes working together and demanding more males in the MLP world.

If it makes you feel better they also demand more females in any smurffete-principled societies/armies in other media
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #174
    Troll in the Playground

-(Eyetwitches, reading the spoiler, pauses, looks down at self, looks at the spoiler, lets out a high pitched girly scream and promptly faints)-
    Oh my...

OHMYGOSHFLYINGDROID *Glomped*
    Hmm, when you put it that way, maybe I should give ponies a bit more warning before launching my metal self at them

<.< >.>

nuuuuuuuuuu ./////////////////////////////////.
    Yuuussssssssssssss
    This Machine Surrounds Hate And Forces It To Surrender

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    DD, your unicorn is stronger, prettier, and higher-ranking than mine, and her secret lab has a better name than mine. THERE SHALL BE NO QUARTER.
    Ponythread Learns to Draw!

Spoiler
    Show
    Bleeeeh! Alfalfa Monster!

25. - Top - End - #175
    Orc in the Playground

However.

---

She sounds pretty good! If nopony better volunteers, she'd make a fine Pinkie. I'd be hesitant to give her both Pinkie and Fluttershy's parts, though, unless you get no reasonable Fluttershy auditions at all. It's a lot to come from one person.

I'm toying with coming down for the convention, myself, but I only live just over an hour away, so it's not so prohibitively far that I can't just drive back and forth without spending the night. I'd take floor space were it available, just for the sake of getting to hang with everyone and so I wouldn't have to drive at night, but if there's too much demand, it'd be better that it goes to someone else with a more difficult commute.

Quote Originally Posted by Topaz View Post
    We're past the spoiler block period on Sisterhooves Social, right? Well, just in case, tangentially related:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know the whole Derpy/Dinky/Sparkler thing? You know the fan reaction that I like the very best of all?

Welcome to the family.

Aw, these are adorable.
    Last edited by Neoseanster; 2011-11-08 at 01:45 PM.

26. - Top - End - #176

You were too late... *Gives a somber look*

((Yes, I paid attention to it. Curiosity got the better of me though. :P))
    There, there. It'll be okay. Just take some deep breaths and remember everything awesome and cute about ponies. Rainbows are beautiful; they're not something to hate or be afraid of.

Here's a cute image of a pony to help ease your pain:
    Spoiler
    Show

.////////////.

LIES
    TRU-

Dang it! Wait. Jade?!
    "Why is it that we receive a penny for our thoughts, but have to put in our 2 cents?"

Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

I got an award!
    Spoiler
    Show

Fluttershy in the Playground - third place

27. - Top - End - #177
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Vorpalbob View Post

Horses or chariots pulling the sun and moon across the sky is old as mythology itself, but I think I read once that the princesses are specifically based on Skinfaxi ("shining mane") and Hrímfaxi ("frost mane"), a pair of Norse horses who were rode by Dagr ("day") and Nótt ("night"), respectively. The Sun isn't a physical object in most Norse myths, it's just the light shining off Skinfaxi as it flies across the sky. In the show, Celestia obviously isn't doing that, but I think that removing her from the equation in the pilot (however that happened) effectively got rid of the Sun as well, that it wasn't just waiting on the other side of the planet for someone to drag it back; the Sun doesn't really exist without her or someone like Discord making it exist.
    Last edited by Kindablue; 2011-11-08 at 01:54 PM.
    ... I came to appreciate that mountains make poor receptacles for dreams.

28. - Top - End - #178
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kindablue View Post
    Horses or chariots pulling the sun and moon across the sky is old as mythology itself, but I think I read once that the princesses are specifically based on Skinfaxi ("shining mane") and Hrímfaxi ("frost mane"), a pair of Norse horses who were rode by Dagr ("day") and Nótt ("night"), respectively. The Sun isn't a physical object in most Norse myths, it's just the light shining off Skinfaxi as it flies across the sky. In the show, Celestia obviously isn't doing that, but I think that removing her from the equation in the pilot (however that happened) effectively got rid of the Sun as well, that it wasn't just waiting on the other side of the planet for someone to drag it back; the Sun doesn't really exist without her or someone like Discord making it exist.
    Totally the names they should have used in the show. That is all.
    This Machine Surrounds Hate And Forces It To Surrender

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    DD, your unicorn is stronger, prettier, and higher-ranking than mine, and her secret lab has a better name than mine. THERE SHALL BE NO QUARTER.
    Ponythread Learns to Draw!

Spoiler
    Show
    Bleeeeh! Alfalfa Monster!

29. - Top - End - #179
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Topaz View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

Welcome to the family.

This is something that's been bugging me for a while now. Since when did Derpy have daughters? Or is this a fan thing I'm still behind on?

30. - Top - End - #180
    Ogre in the Playground

Woah.

This thread moves fast. I go to sleep for a few hours and pages sprout. I'm a little bit scared now...

That said, someone asked for a link to pony gaming. I'm not trawling back to find who, so I'll just leave this here, OK?
    If I creep into your house in the dead of night and strangle you while you sleep, you probably messed up your grammar.

I'm always extremely careful to hedge myself against absolute statements.