New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Default Re: My Little Pony XXXI: The Great and Powerful XXXie!

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
    This is something that's been bugging me for a while now. Since when did Derpy have daughters? Or is this a fan thing I'm still behind on?
    The little grey unicorn, aka "Dinky," has been Derpy's daughter in fanon for as long as I can remember due to their near-identical color schemes. Last episode spoilers...
    Spoiler
    Show
    The pink unicorn is confirmed to be the sister of a little grey unicorn that uses Dinky's model and color scheme, as they enter the sisterhooves race together. Thus, fanon-at-large has brought the pink one into the family. Name varies depending on whom you ask, as she's been a character for less than a week.

2. - Top - End - #182
    Ettin in the Playground

This is something that's been bugging me for a while now. Since when did Derpy have daughters? Or is this a fan thing I'm still behind on?
    It's a fan thing. It apparently started when the fans needed a family to attach Derpy to. Dinky seemed to be the choice, though everypony conveniently forgets the horn.

3. - Top - End - #183
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mando Knight View Post
    The little grey unicorn, aka "Dinky," has been Derpy's daughter in fanon for as long as I can remember due to their near-identical color schemes. Last episode spoilers...
    Spoiler
    Show
    The pink unicorn is confirmed to be the sister of a little grey unicorn that uses Dinky's model and color scheme, as they enter the sisterhooves race together. Thus, fanon-at-large has brought the pink one into the family. Name varies depending on whom you ask, as she's been a character for less than a week.
    Dinky is actually a light purple rather than gray. At least in most appearances, I think. Background ponies aren't always totally consistent, I guess.

Episode 5
    Spoiler
    Show
    And the unicorn she's with has been showing up several times in season 1 as a background pony. She was leader of the animal team in winter wrap up, for example, and she was also the one who was with Lyra in Canterlot when she waves at Twilight in S1E1. Her fan name, according to the MLP wiki, is Sparkler.

4. - Top - End - #184
    Titan in the Playground

Ah, well that makes sense I suppose. (appart from the whole horn issue, but I guess we still haven't seen Derpy's man-thing).
    Maybe it's Celestias un-named unicorn garde. Oh, so many funniez going through my mind.
    Last edited by Nameless; 2011-11-08 at 02:28 PM.

5. - Top - End - #185
    Titan in the Playground

Well, everything about Derpy is a fan thing, so yeah. Anyway, Dinky is a unicorn filly with a near-identical color scheme to Derpy, so when she first appeared fans decided to make her Derpy's daughter. Much adorable fan art later and that became entrenched fanon. Then last episode
    Spoiler
    Show
    Dinky is seen in the Sisterhooves Social race with another character, meaning they're either sisters or she was playing a surrogate sister role similar to how Applejack was going to compete with Sweetie Belle. Apparently some fans have chosen the former and brought her into the family. And since it's adorable, I for one am quite happy with that.

Zevox
    Toph Pony avatar by Dirtytabs. Thanks!

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

6. - Top - End - #186
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    It's a fan thing. It apparently started when the fans needed a family to attach Derpy to. Dinky seemed to be the choice, though everypony conveniently forgets the horn.
    Nopony I know forgets the horn. It just means Dinky's father was a unicorn. I'm pretty sure Word of Faust has said that the various pony races can interbreed.

7. - Top - End - #187
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bayonet Priest View Post
    Nopony I know forgets the horn. It just means Dinky's father was a unicorn.
    Or that there's some sort of dominant/recessive genes thing going on with unicorns and pegasi, and what you get can be semi-random depending on if you have ponies of other types in your family history.

Or Dinky could always be adopted too.

Zevox

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

8. - Top - End - #188
    Titan in the Playground

Quick, before my muse dies again, I need pirate names for the mane 6 plus Derpy and Dinky!

9. - Top - End - #189
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly View Post
    Quick, before my muse dies again, I need pirate names for the mane 6 plus Derpy and Dinky!
    Spoiler
    Show

Yeah I don't really have anything else to contribute, sorry. That was just too perfect of an excuse to post that.

Zevox

10. - Top - End - #190
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Feel free to use their normal names. They're unique enough that unless you get some clever nickname, they'd stick. Most famous pirates actually used their actual names.

11. - Top - End - #191
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Random_person View Post
    Woah.

This thread moves fast. I go to sleep for a few hours and pages sprout. I'm a little bit scared now...

That said, someone asked for a link to pony gaming. I'm not trawling back to find who, so I'll just leave this here, OK?
    This is nothing compaired to how this thread used to move. The IRC channel we have has really slowed this thread down (Thank Celestia). There was times when we'd go through half a thread through a single evening if we got particularly frisky.

12. - Top - End - #192
    Ogre in the Playground

Um.

Good thing it's slowed down.
    If I creep into your house in the dead of night and strangle you while you sleep, you probably messed up your grammar.

I'm always extremely careful to hedge myself against absolute statements.

13. - Top - End - #193
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zevox View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

Yeah I don't really have anything else to contribute, sorry. That was just too perfect of an excuse to post that.

Zevox
    Nice!

Sadly, Pinkie was the subject of mutiny by Rainbow Dash, so she's no longer captain.

Quote Originally Posted by Mando Knight View Post
    Feel free to use their normal names. They're unique enough that unless you get some clever nickname, they'd stick. Most famous pirates actually used their actual names.
    Something like Pinkie Pie the .... something, maybe. Or X Rarity, replace X with something clever. So titles, rather than names?

14. - Top - End - #194

Quote Originally Posted by Random_person View Post

Um.

Good thing it's slowed down.
    Yeah, I remember going to my classes one morning and coming back a few hours later to find 9 pages had gone by.

Edit: @Deadly: Yeah, all I've got is Applejack Sparrow.
    Last edited by Bayonet Priest; 2011-11-08 at 02:58 PM.

15. - Top - End - #195
    Troll in the Playground

Something like Pinkie Pie the .... something, maybe. Or X Rarity, replace X with something clever. So titles, rather than names?
    Pirarity?
    Come one, come all! GitP MLP Steam Group is open!
    Current location of the last MLP Thread OP, too.
    Want to ask me something? Use MAIL or message me on Steam!

Spoiler
    Show

>Click!<
    Amazing Art by Dirtytabs :P
    HW Ava © ETsofu

"Well, the Great and Powerful Trixie can't actually transport you to Equestria... But!
    The Great and Powerful Trixie can beat you over the head until you think that's what happened!"

16. - Top - End - #196
    Ettin in the Playground

How about "Desparity" for Rarity?
    Credit for my various avatars goes to Dashwood,Cealocanth,Kwarkpudding,Randomizer,kpengu in,Alarra,Bisected8,zimmerwald1915, and Thanqol.

Once known as "Gamerkid".

17. - Top - End - #197
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bayonet Priest View Post
    Edit: @Deadly: Yeah, all I've got is Applejack Sparrow.
    Hmm, that's a fairly obvious choice, yeah. I was thinking of Apple Blackjack, Black Applejack, Applejack the Black or something along those lines.

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    Pirarity?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamerlord View Post
    How about "Desparity" for Rarity?
    Hmm, or similarly: Pinkie Pierate... so punny

Perhaps too much like nicknames than titles, though

18. - Top - End - #198
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zevox View Post
    Or that there's some sort of dominant/recessive genes thing going on with unicorns and pegasi, and what you get can be semi-random depending on if you have ponies of other types in your family history.
    This works.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #199
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

pancreas saving warning...extreme wet mane cuteness contained below
    Spoiler
    Show

and... Luna in a box---and it ISNT sad!!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ponies not only make ME want to be a better person than I was before they entered my life, they make me want to HELP OTHERS be better people too.

And that is a GOOD thing by any definition.

full size avatar

20. - Top - End - #200
    Troll in the Playground

Rainbowbeard.

Edit@V:

Twilight Sparrrrkle.
    Last edited by SlyGuyMcFly; 2011-11-08 at 03:53 PM.
    Truth resists simplicity.

21. - Top - End - #201
    Bugbear in the Playground

Yaharrity.

FluttARRRshy, Scourge of the X Seas.

Leap'n'Dash, the Dashing Rogue.

EDIT:
    Oh oh oh!

Powderkeg Sparker!
    Last edited by Kurgan; 2011-11-08 at 03:52 PM.
    Happy Trixie Appreciation Day!

Old Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Stormpony Avatar by Dirtytabs

22. - Top - End - #202
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium Fox View Post
    As ANOTHER note for BroNYcon. I am going to be doing a hotel room. I am paying the full price, Friday and Saturday night. And I am welcoming as many ponies as I can fit FOR FREE. Right now I have seven ponies in the room, and I can at least fit three more. So if rooming space is keeping you from coming in January, don’t let it. You are more than welcome to crash with me, even if it is floor space.
    *eyes bank account*
    *checks cost of plane ticket*

If I only eat oats and grits for the next two months...

I'll get back to you on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Topaz View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

This is one of the most adorable pictures I have ever seen. And being a brony, I've seen a lot of adorable pictures.

I feel like I'm forgetting something. Did somepony ask me a question that I didn't answer? Maybe I overlooked a dreampony question or something?

23. - Top - End - #203

I have a few questions to ask that have been buzzing around my head the past few days about ponies in general and wanted the thread's opinions on them.

1. What is Celestia's power level as far as unicorn magic goes? (someone get the joke out of the way) Personally I feel her power is directly related to the sun as all special talent linked magic is and therefore she may not be as powerful as people make her out to be.

2. Why do the ponies have the term 'fillyfooler' as the word for lesbian? It seems too negative of a word and people are just grabbing what they've seen in our world as the norm for them. Ponies don't share what made same-sex relationship such a taboo for humans, would say more but I think it would end up violating forum rules. Fillyfooler and coltcuddler just sound too derogative for the setting.

3. Pertains to the leaked song:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm really curious what's going on where pinkie is singing a song that to me amounts to helping a pony in a depressed mood.

Side note, am I the only one that can see Pinkie going into a child's ward in a hospital to sing it to them and just brighten their day?

Twixie picture, just because:
    Spoiler
    Show
    My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic: The Thread, The Game, The Tumblr.
    Human Crossings Avatar made by Thanqol

24. - Top - End - #204
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Strife Warzeal View Post
    I have a few questions to ask that have been buzzing around my head the past few days about ponies in general and wanted the thread's opinions on them.

1. What is Celestia's power level as far as unicorn magic goes? (someone get the joke out of the way) Personally I feel her power is directly related to the sun as all special talent linked magic is and therefore she may not be as powerful as people make her out to be.

2. Why do the ponies have the term 'fillyfooler' as the word for lesbian? It seems too negative of a word and people are just grabbing what they've seen in our world as the norm for them. Ponies don't share what made same-sex relationship such a taboo for humans, would say more but I think it would end up violating forum rules. Fillyfooler and coltcuddler just sound too derogative for the setting.

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm really curious what's going on where pinkie is singing a song that to me amounts to helping a pony in a depressed mood.

Side note, am I the only one that can see Pinkie going into a child's ward in a hospital to sing it to them and just brighten their day?

Twixie picture, just because:
    Spoiler
    Show
    With pleasure.
    Credit for my various avatars goes to Dashwood,Cealocanth,Kwarkpudding,Randomizer,kpengu in,Alarra,Bisected8,zimmerwald1915, and Thanqol.

Once known as "Gamerkid".

25. - Top - End - #205
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Even Human View Post
    Rainbowbeard.

Edit@V:

Twilight Sparrrrkle.
    Damn, that's too good to pass up. Thanks ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Kurgan View Post
    Yaharrity.

FluttARRRshy, Scourge of the X Seas.

Leap'n'Dash, the Dashing Rogue.

EDIT:
    Oh oh oh!

Powderkeg Sparker!
    Not bad either.

So far I think I've settled on Rainbowbeard, Scourge of the Seven Seas (or does Equestria have more or less seas?) and Apple Blackjack.

Still open to suggestions on the others. The more ideas I can mix and match, the better

Quote Originally Posted by Gaelbert View Post
    I feel like I'm forgetting something. Did somepony ask me a question that I didn't answer? Maybe I overlooked a dreampony question or something?
    I don't think you ever got to my dreampony.

26. - Top - End - #206
    Bugbear in the Playground

Your wish is my command:
    Spoiler
    Show

Thank god for google image search.

That said, I'd say "stronger than any given unicorn, but not strong enough to want to take a dragon on on her own. Going with the reference, I'd say somewhere around Vegeta when the main characters first encounter him, while everyone else is the Z Team.

Yeah, that term really makes me instantly thing "pedophile", you know, since filly is a pony child...

Spoiler
    Show

Didn't listen to the song, cannot comment.
    Happy Trixie Appreciation Day!

Old Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Stormpony Avatar by Dirtytabs

27. - Top - End - #207
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kurgan View Post
    Your wish is my command:
    Spoiler
    Show

Thank god for google image search.

That said, I'd say "stronger than any given unicorn, but not strong enough to want to take a dragon on on her own. Going with the reference, I'd say somewhere around Vegeta when the main characters first encounter him, while everyone else is the Z Team.
    I gotta point out, I never got the whole 'Celestia is a physical god' thing either...I mean she's got a spell to move the sun, which is also her special gift...that's not exactly indicative that she can do OTHER stuff beyond what any generic unicorn could do with their magic.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

28. - Top - End - #208
    Titan in the Playground

Well, in the season 2 opener she says that the chamber holding the elements is protected by a spell only she can break. This suggests that she is, or at least thinks she is the most powerful one around, in at least some ways. It is even possible that she is right, and that Discord never broke her spell but simply lurked and waited until she opened the vault and then stole the elements from the box just before she opened it.

She also appears to dispel Twilight's Want It, Need It spell on all the ponies of Ponyville, suggesting that she's at least able to overcome Twilight's magic, or some of it anyway. Since she's her teacher, and if nothing else at least a 1000 years old, it's not unfair to assume she's more powerful and knowledgeable than Twilight, who she described as having more raw abilities than any unicorn she had ever come across (whether that includes herself is unknown, of course)

Luna appears to command quite a lot of power, judging from her seemingly effortless displays of stormy powers in episode 4. And I'd say it's likely that Celestia is at least as powerful as Luna, most likely more given her greater age and 1000 years advantage (unless she's been slacking off).

Also, her special talent may be more than just raising the sun and also include the ruling of Equestria, in which case her power would probably be quite high.

Not sure what conclusion to draw, other than: I think it's fair to assume that she's the most powerful unicorn around, possibly the most powerful ever. Maybe Twilight has the potential to surpass her, given a few centuries, but for now and the foreseeable future I think her position is uncontested.

29. - Top - End - #209

DerpyDash
    Spoiler
    Show

No reason, just cute.

30. - Top - End - #210
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Callos_DeTerran View Post
    I gotta point out, I never got the whole 'Celestia is a physical god' thing either...I mean she's got a spell to move the sun, which is also her special gift...that's not exactly indicative that she can do OTHER stuff beyond what any generic unicorn could do with their magic.
    While I agree that making her out to be a god is more than I'd ever do, there is good reason to believe that she's quite powerful as far as magic goes, as Deadly points out above. Besides all that he said, she is Twilight's teacher, so she has to be pretty good at magic or else she wouldn't be able to do that.

Zevox