New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony XXXI: The Great and Powerful XXXie!

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomFox View Post
    A group project, eh? Well, all I can do is brainstorm for story ideas to put on my to-do list.

Although I did have one idea that I liked, but can't really do justice to myself. Essentially, Dash gets hold of a dimensional hopper remote, which takes her to story after story from the Realm of Bad Pony Fanfiction. (Specifically RD related ones)
    DAMNIT, MORE CUPCAKES. NEXT UNIVERSE!
    Last edited by AlterForm; 2011-11-08 at 07:45 PM.

2. - Top - End - #242
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mando Knight View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Well, yeah. At least, for the bigger, older dragons. I thought D&D went over this. Several times.

I mean, they're virtually indestructible.
    Good good, then I am not alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Strife Warzeal View Post
    Do you think there are more 'generic' spells ponies can learn beyond the telekinesis?
    I believe Unicorns all seem to have access to Light, too.
    Thanks to zegma for my awesome avatar.
    Proudly the founder of the Mr. Scruffy fanclub.
    We will not let Nessie down! http://www.petitiononline.com/PLEAOSAR/
    My DMs' Guild Stuff

3. - Top - End - #243
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Topaz View Post
    More Drawfriend...
    Introducing Doctor Whooves' newest Companion!
    Spoiler
    Show
    He's cheating on Derpy! That jerk!
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #244
    Titan in the Playground

@#%&*$£ dog got out. Again. Twice. And can apparently unblock the dogflap. So we're now having to keep him in with the bin during the night (not sure whether to leave it open overnight or not...*sigh*) - and of course Mum's now in Foreign Parts until next Tuesday. Grr.

That was an hour I didn't need to waste, hip deep as I am in trying to a) get an entire quest prepared for Saturday at the last minute (which I am about 67% of the way done with now) AND reflavour every single 5th level Cerlic spell for my character in case there aren't any problems before Saturday AND c) do a modification of one of my tanks for Dad...

I was actually hoping to get loads of other stuff done this week, but it rather doesn't look like it, does it?

Quote Originally Posted by Zevox View Post
    Or that there's some sort of dominant/recessive genes thing going on with unicorns and pegasi, and what you get can be semi-random depending on if you have ponies of other types in your family history.

Or Dinky could always be adopted too.

Zevox
    I assume the former (as did dear old Bobcat.) Fun with random genetics! Huzzah!

5. - Top - End - #245
    Orc in the Playground

A group project, eh? Well, all I can do is brainstorm for story ideas to put on my to-do list.

Although I did have one idea that I liked, but can't really do justice to myself. Essentially, Dash gets hold of a dimensional hopper remote, which takes her to story after story from the Realm of Bad Pony Fanfiction. (Specifically RD related ones)
    Don't you just hate it when you get ideas that you can't do justice too? But that's not a bad idea, although I really think Ii needs more fleshing out.

6. - Top - End - #246
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    Is there anything we still talk about that isn't individual episodes or the fandom as a unit?
    Would it really be so terrible if there wasn't?
    Visit the Chocolate Hammer IRC channel!
    (IRC Joining Guide Here!)

7. - Top - End - #247
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by monkeyboyinc View Post
    Don't you just hate it when you get ideas that you can't do justice too? But that's not a bad idea, although I really think Ii needs more fleshing out.
    I have a suggestion, actually. Perhaps instead of the dimension hopper ala Sliders, given that the pitch for the fic is just Rainbow Dash travelling to the bad fics...

How about you do it Quantum Leap style? She accidentally performs a Rainbow Leap and finds herself taking the place of her counterpart in the Bad Fanfictions and must do what she can to fix things in each one before moving on to the next and eventually maybe finally getting home.
    Last edited by Tiki Snakes; 2011-11-08 at 07:59 PM.

8. - Top - End - #248
    Barbarian in the Playground

So I'm working on engineering HW right now, and all the powers that be are delighting in tormenting me. Typos flying every which way in my calculator, failures in transcription from the given data to the page, failures in transcription from notes to work, pretty much a Murphy's Law FUBAR. Everything that could possibly go wrong is in the process of going wrong as you read this. Of course, it doesn't help that I have to answer 8 three-to-four part questions on angular motion, mass moment of inertia, and torque, none of which I completely understand, by midnight (It's 7:56 my time right now, and I'm only on part two of question three. After two hours of work. You can understand why I'm stressing out right now).

tl;dr: I need cute ponies. Lots of them. Please?

Oh, and to make this post tangentially pony-related have an adorable Fluttershy:
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #249
    Bugbear in the Playground

Hiya folks!

I'm working on a Quotepost, and a lot of it is just old thread drama we're mostly past. So should I drop it, edit out those posts, or just go into it with my usual gusto?

So we have IRC elsewhere, being posted. RP has kinda died out. Art seems limited to Thanqol or it's own thread. And fics never receive the attention they deserve... I know this sounds absurd

But

Is there anything we still talk about that isn't individual episodes or the fandom as a unit?
    I would really miss the thread RP. It's nice to have the chance to do FFRP that isn't all-the-crazy-piles-in-at-once or dominated by the God Squad.

It would also be nice to get a little more feedback on fanfic, though as terrible as I am about that it's kind of hypocritical to mention.

We do get some conversation going on general ponyness; it just depends on the timing.

Old thread drama, on the other hoof, is probably well done with.
    Blue Star Topaz is my name
    Equestria's my station
    The Elements define my creed
    The Herd's my destination

10. - Top - End - #250
    Ogre in the Playground

Pinball Witch (Inspired by Pinball Wizard, by The Who)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ever since I was a young colt
    I've played the silver ball
    From Sohoof down to Foalsom
    I must have played them all
    But I ain't seen nothing like her
    In any amusement hall
    That derpy, cross-eyed mare
    Sure plays a mean pinball

She stands, up on her hooves
    Becomes part of the machine
    Feeling all the bumpers
    Always playing clean
    She plays by intuition
    The digit counters fall

She's a pinball wizard
    Her apprentice is named Twist
    A pinball wizard
    She's got such a supple wrist

How do you think she does it?
    (I don't know)
    Muffins make her good?

Doesn't know distractions
    Can't hear those buzzers and bells
    Can't focus on lights a flashin'
    Plays by sense of smell
    Always gets a replay
    Never seen her fall

I thought I was
    The Bally table queen
    But I just handed
    My pinball crown to her

Even on my favorite table
    She can beat my best
    Her sisters lead her in
    And she just does the rest
    She's got crazy habitrail hooves
    Never seen him fall

I gotta roll out for a test, so that's what I've got.

11. - Top - End - #251
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tiki Snakes View Post
    I have a suggestion, actually. Perhaps instead of the dimension hopper ala Sliders, given that the pitch for the fic is just Rainbow Dash travelling to the bad fics...

How about you do it Quantum Leap style? She accidentally performs a Rainbow Leap and finds herself taking the place of her counterpart in the Bad Fanfictions and must do what she can to fix things in each one before moving on to the next and eventually maybe finally getting home.
    I'm tempted to have Dash interact with the narrator as she jumps between fics.

"Rainbow struggled to get off the ground, but felt a stabbing pain in her wing. It seemed-"
    "Yeah, yeah, broken wing. Not interested. SKIP!"
    "Pinkie had an unusual grin on her face, her eye twitching manically as she pulled out the egg beater."
    "Psychopath Pinkie #28. Not what I want. SKIP!"
    "Gilda flapped slowly forward, caressing Dash's wings, the fires of desire in her eyes...."
    "Bleh, I'm not that kind of filly! NEXT!"
    "Oh, c'mon! This one was getting good!"
    "Not interested. SKIP!"
    "... fine. AND THEN THEY BOTH F-"
    "I SAID SKIP!"

12. - Top - End - #252
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    Would it really be so terrible if there wasn't?
    ...with all due respect, it sorta would. At LEAST half the fun of the thread was in the random stuff that just happened here. Now it doesn't. The IRCs fun and all, but it's taken that fun from the thread. (And concentrated it to a sorta ludicrous degree, which you can't catch up on like you could with the thread)

Just my opinion, anyway...
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

13. - Top - End - #253
    Titan in the Playground

Hiya folks!

I'm working on a Quotepost, and a lot of it is just old thread drama we're mostly past. So should I drop it, edit out those posts, or just go into it with my usual gusto?

So we have IRC elsewhere, being posted. RP has kinda died out. Art seems limited to Thanqol or it's own thread. And fics never receive the attention they deserve... I know this sounds absurd

But

I'd drop the old thread drama. If it's old, it's probably over and done with anyway.

I again cite the issue of free time. If I had the time I had over the summer, I'd be reviewing fics right and left. As it stands, I've got school whupping me upside the head, and that's eating up most of my time. Heck, I'd be writing them myself if it wasn't for a host of issues keeping my writing pace slower than an iceburg.

And also, we had Inkwell drop off a bunch of pics earlier, Druid_Droid posts his art here too, we had a lot of conversation regarding Derpy recently, I'm looking through the recent posts and there's some good other pony discussion going on too, and a pony version of Pinball Wizard was posted in the time it took me to write this. I guess the point I'm trying to make here is that I personally think we're doing alright for ourselves.
    Last edited by TheAmishPirate; 2011-11-08 at 08:15 PM.
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

14. - Top - End - #254
    Titan in the Playground

Would work nicely in a dimension hopping setup. A Quantum Leap one would hinge on her NOT being able to skip out until she'd fixed things, (Ie, derailed the badfic to the point of it being a little less bad?).
    EDIT - I am slow.
    Clearly, she can leave the Fic once she has done what she can, and ensured that the fic is about 20% cooler.

Though either way, an interactable narrator I can get behind. I considered suggesting it being Pinkie, via fourth-wall-shattering, but I'm not sure how meta you'd be interested in going.
    Last edited by Tiki Snakes; 2011-11-08 at 08:18 PM.

15. - Top - End - #255
    Titan in the Playground

Would work nicely in a dimension hopping setup. A Quantum Leap one would hinge on her NOT being able to skip out until she'd fixed things, (Ie, derailed the badfic to the point of it being a little less bad?).
    Oh god /yes/. Quantum leap for AUs? With PONIES?
    ALL OF MY MONEY
    ALL
    OF
    IT
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

16. - Top - End - #256
    Dwarf in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Lightbulb Re: My Little Pony XXXI: The Great and Powerful XXXie!

So... Random thought.

Somepony should really make a Rainbow Dash montage to Wagner's Ride of the Valkyries.
    He who fights monsters should see to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. -Friedrich Nietziche

17. - Top - End - #257
    Orc in the Playground

FFA FF RP: FREE Raspberries! (Free For All, Free-Form Role Playing) For the randomness!

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Vorpalbob View Post
    A blood red pony wanders the market, perusing the items on display. Upon seeing the chipper pony and her little stand, he adjusts the load on his back, loosens his tie, and meanders over.

Leaning a forehoof on the stand, he asks, "So, what's this I hear about raspberries?"
    Beeskee smiles at the blood-red pony, and swishes her tail lazily. "Yes, I'm giving away raspberries. What kind would you like? I have a number of different options available to the discerning raspberry connoisseur. Delivered by a filly or by a colt? Raspberries or EXTRA raspberries? And, with or without nuzzles?"

I'm gonna have to ask you to pony up that post, mate.

I'm also gonna have to ask you why you no has raspberries? The sign says they're free. Where are they? Am I too late? Ah well.
    Oh I am SO going to. "Oh, I have plenty of raspberries to give, yes yes yes I do. What kind would you like? I have a number of different options available to the discerning raspberry connoisseur. Delivered by a filly or by a colt? Raspberries or EXTRA raspberries? And, with or without nuzzles?"

Quote Originally Posted by tonberrian View Post
    A brown pony with a red mane meanders up towards the stand.

"That ain't how ya go 'round sellin' raspberries, mate."
    Beeskee grins at the other pony. "Selling? Who is selling? I am giving them away! Want some?"

Quote Originally Posted by Tectonic Robot View Post
    Raggedy the hobo pony pops out of the bushes to the side of the stand. "What? Free food? Count me in!"
    Beeskee giggles. "You realize it's totally an excuse for me to blow raspberries on your belly, right?"

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly View Post
    As somepony who has written something of the same nature, however small and not serious, I... don't really know why either, to be honest. I do like horror, and I do think it can be done well. Some of these are obviously just meant as a pure exercise in gore and pointless violence, but I think it's possible to do better and have some actual value in such stories.
    Your horror story was actually done very well. I liked it when I usually don't like horror. There's a difference between horror and gore/death for it's own sake too. I don't know about Cupcakes or Rainbow Factory but I haven't heard many good things about either.

Quote Originally Posted by otakuryoga View Post
    pancreas saving warning...extreme wet mane cuteness contained below
    Spoiler
    Show

and... Luna in a box---and it ISNT sad!!
    Spoiler
    Show

Yay to the first one! The second one comes up broken.

Here's a working one:

Spoiler
    Show
    Happy Trixie Appreciation Day!

PonyFort: IC and OOC threads.

18. - Top - End - #258
    Titan in the Playground

@byaku rai: Sounds like you could use a...

Image Dump! Find a Drawthread and steal the heck out of it Edition:

Spoiler
    Show

EDIT:

Quote Originally Posted by Beeskee View Post
    Here's a working one:

Spoiler
    Show
    That Luna is just a little too excited to see me.
    Last edited by TheAmishPirate; 2011-11-08 at 08:41 PM.

19. - Top - End - #259

Nine Pages already. 0_0*

You guys are insatiable, aren't you? X)

20. - Top - End - #260

Quote Originally Posted by byaku rai View Post
    So I'm working on engineering HW right now, and all the powers that be are delighting in tormenting me. Typos flying every which way in my calculator, failures in transcription from the given data to the page, failures in transcription from notes to work, pretty much a Murphy's Law FUBAR. Everything that could possibly go wrong is in the process of going wrong as you read this. Of course, it doesn't help that I have to answer 8 three-to-four part questions on angular motion, mass moment of inertia, and torque, none of which I completely understand, by midnight (It's 7:56 my time right now, and I'm only on part two of question three. After two hours of work. You can understand why I'm stressing out right now).

tl;dr: I need cute ponies. Lots of them. Please?

Oh, and to make this post tangentially pony-related have an adorable Fluttershy:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You asked for a Pony imagedump, so you've got a pony imagedump; Sexy Wet Manes Edition:
    Spoiler
    Show

"Why is it that we receive a penny for our thoughts, but have to put in our 2 cents?"

Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

I got an award!
    Spoiler
    Show

Fluttershy in the Playground - third place

21. - Top - End - #261
    Titan in the Playground

Okay, so I was just watching Flutterwonder while getting my lazy flank to do some writing, and I noticed something...odd.

Pause it here, you'll see what I'm talking about.

Why does the flight school have hangars? Seriously, most of the pegasi can fly of their own power, and those are hardly great living quarters compared to Rainbow's cloud mansion over Ponyville. I could see maybe chariots being stored there, but would you really have newbie flyers pulling a big, hulking chariot that usually takes two guards in high physical condition to lift? And while we're on the subject, why runways? Most pegasi have been able to take off from a standing start so far, and the few times we've seen the chariot land it's landed and taken off with little to no distance traveled on the ground. I guess it could make a good training ground, like a football field for groups of new flyers, but it just seems really odd to have those there.

Unless the school is just a front for a massive Equestrian military installation, that is. Then it makes perfect sense.

22. - Top - End - #262
    Troll in the Playground

Hiya folks!

But

I'd drop old thread drama myself, if only to avoid making any new thread drama...

Also, I don't think we're seeing the end of ponythread craziness; the last couple of days we've put up an impressive number of pages with arguably much more solid content than some past posting frenzies.

Also, if you do want to see a bit of a speed up and some more of the old randomness, it shouldn't be too hard to slowly reintroduce some RP stuff. I think most of our slowdown was the one-two punch of new IRC channel and RP/speed concerns for retaining posters.

So I guess a good way to round it up is: Alicorns may be just naturally more powerful than unicorns. They may have more ability than what their special talent would say. Personally I'm chalking this up to "you live 1000+ years in a (seemingly) unaging body and see how strong you are in X subject".

Do you think there are more 'generic' spells ponies can learn beyond the telekinesis? I'm liking the idea that beyond special-talent related magic there is a 'universal' pool of magic any unicorn can learn. At least by my thought process what's the point of tons of spell books and ponies like Starswirl the bearded creating hundreds of spells if very few ponies could learn them. Could also be used to explain dispelling the Want it, Need it spell. As far as the "spell only I can break" (and I'm just making things up here) maybe magical locks work in the way of having to match certain frequencies of magic to flip the tumblers.
    I can see certain spells working in an 'irreversible' way - their effects are in place and can't be removed unless some resonance or other connection with the original caster intervenes, or the spell is entirely overpowered and shorted out.

Quote Originally Posted by AlterForm View Post
    In any amusement hall
    This is the best thing!

Quote Originally Posted by Diego Havoc View Post
    If it's old thread drama I'd recommend dropping it really.

As for what we can talk about... um... maybe we need some sort of group project to work on? Like... maybe a What If scenario where X happened, where X is some big event. Then write it up. That kinda thing.

Man, I'm not good at this.
    Actually, since several posters are getting into practicing their art, it might indeed be fun to do some sort of ponythread write/drawfriend collaboration. We could build up a fic and provide illustrations. Heck, we could probably get it up on EqD considering the talent reserves we've got here.

I'm tempted to have Dash interact with the narrator as she jumps between fics.

"Rainbow struggled to get off the ground, but felt a stabbing pain in her wing. It seemed-"
    "Yeah, yeah, broken wing. Not interested. SKIP!"
    "Pinkie had an unusual grin on her face, her eye twitching manically as she pulled out the egg beater."
    "Psychopath Pinkie #28. Not what I want. SKIP!"
    "Gilda flapped slowly forward, caressing Dash's wings, the fires of desire in her eyes...."
    "Bleh, I'm not that kind of filly! NEXT!"
    "Oh, c'mon! This one was getting good!"
    "Not interested. SKIP!"
    "... fine. AND THEN THEY BOTH F-"
    "I SAID SKIP!"
    This could be so much fun...

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    Okay, so I was just watching Flutterwonder while getting my lazy flank to do some writing, and I noticed something...odd.

Why does the flight school have hangars? Seriously, most of the pegasi can fly of their own power, and those are hardly great living quarters compared to Rainbow's cloud mansion over Ponyville. I could see maybe chariots being stored there, but would you really have newbie flyers pulling a big, hulking chariot that usually takes two guards in high physical condition to lift? And while we're on the subject, why runways? Most pegasi have been able to take off from a standing start so far, and the few times we've seen the chariot land it's landed and taken off with little to no distance traveled on the ground. I guess it could make a good training ground, like a football field for groups of new flyers, but it just seems really odd to have those there.

Unless the school is just a front for a massive Equestrian military installation, that is. Then it makes perfect sense.
    I think you hit the nail on the head there
    This Machine Surrounds Hate And Forces It To Surrender

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    DD, your unicorn is stronger, prettier, and higher-ranking than mine, and her secret lab has a better name than mine. THERE SHALL BE NO QUARTER.
    Ponythread Learns to Draw!

Spoiler
    Show
    Bleeeeh! Alfalfa Monster!

23. - Top - End - #263
    Troll in the Playground

1. What is Celestia's power level as far as unicorn magic goes? (someone get the joke out of the way) Personally I feel her power is directly related to the sun as all special talent linked magic is and therefore she may not be as powerful as people make her out to be.

2. Why do the ponies have the term 'fillyfooler' as the word for lesbian? It seems too negative of a word and people are just grabbing what they've seen in our world as the norm for them. Ponies don't share what made same-sex relationship such a taboo for humans, would say more but I think it would end up violating forum rules. Fillyfooler and coltcuddler just sound too derogative for the setting.

3. Pertains to the leaked song:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm really curious what's going on where pinkie is singing a song that to me amounts to helping a pony in a depressed mood.

Side note, am I the only one that can see Pinkie going into a child's ward in a hospital to sing it to them and just brighten their day?

Twixie picture, just because:
    Spoiler
    Show
    1. Possibly. My guess, not much more than hypothetical Unicorn that would live similar age, unless Celestia tried to actively expand her power.

2. No idea, but I tend to agree with above...

3. Well...

Spoiler
    Show
    My guess is, she is singing to one of the Pegasi? I don't know the exact reason, but the producers will have a tough job making it worse than Twilight's episode while keeping it suitable for little kids.

As for Pinkie going to ward, she seems to annoying and air-headed 3/4 of the time for that, but I guess Pinkie that was shown to be caring (1/4 of the time, and apparently from this song) would do that.

Well, except the job is aready taken:P

Spoiler
    Show

As for the picture, nice, but this thread still needs... 20% more Trixie :P
    Come one, come all! GitP MLP Steam Group is open!
    Current location of the last MLP Thread OP, too.
    Want to ask me something? Use MAIL or message me on Steam!

Spoiler
    Show

>Click!<
    Amazing Art by Dirtytabs :P
    HW Ava © ETsofu

"Well, the Great and Powerful Trixie can't actually transport you to Equestria... But!
    The Great and Powerful Trixie can beat you over the head until you think that's what happened!"

24. - Top - End - #264
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Random_person View Post
    Woah.

This thread moves fast. I go to sleep for a few hours and pages sprout. I'm a little bit scared now...
    Don't worry - that's just your body trying to resist the ponysanity. Relax, embrace it, and soon you will be complaining that less than 8 pages a day is too slow.

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
    Ah, well that makes sense I suppose. (appart from the whole horn issue, but I guess we still haven't seen Derpy's man-thing).
    Maybe it's Celestias un-named unicorn garde. Oh, so many funniez going through my mind.
    I've seen a few people advance the theory that the father is Pokey Pierce.

[img[http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110216030224/mlp/images/thumb/4/46/Pierce_id.png/150px-Pierce_id.png[/img]

Somepony had the theory that the safety pin cutie mark represented child care as a special talent - naturally, to be good at child care you need to start with a child...

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly View Post
    Quick, before my muse dies again, I need pirate names for the mane 6 plus Derpy and Dinky!
    Derpy Jones? (Davey Jones)

Long Jack Apple? (Long John Silver)

Pony pirates image dump!

Spoiler
    Show

I basically met that guy in philosophy class at random one day and dragged him into the world of roleplaying, and then, ponies. I also introduced him to his current housemates in the course of a roleplaying game, who in turn got him his job. He also rolled with me for Derpy Day, and assists me with most of my other film/photo projects.

Basically, I'm directly responsible for every single cool thing that's happened in that guy's life over the past year or so.
    Thanqol, stop making the rest of us look bad!

... I wish I had somebrony I could to talk to face to face with about MLP. The internet is fine, but it's not quite the same.

In other news, I've started freeform RPing Honeysting in another forum (thankyouthankyouthankyou for the picture). It should prove interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Noctemwolf View Post
    Nine Pages already. 0_0*

PONYNSATIABLE!

25. - Top - End - #265

Pinball Witch (Inspired by Pinball Wizard, by The Who)
    Spoiler
    Show
    In any amusement hall

She stands, up on her hooves
    Becomes part of the machine
    Feeling all the bumpers
    Always playing clean
    She plays by intuition
    The digit counters fall

She's a pinball wizard
    Her apprentice is named Twist
    A pinball wizard
    She's got such a supple wrist

How do you think she does it?
    (I don't know)
    Muffins make her good?

Doesn't know distractions
    Can't hear those buzzers and bells
    Can't focus on lights a flashin'
    Plays by sense of smell
    Always gets a replay
    Never seen her fall

I thought I was
    The Bally table queen
    But I just handed
    My pinball crown to her

Even on my favorite table
    She can beat my best
    Her sisters lead her in
    And she just does the rest
    She's got crazy habitrail hooves
    Never seen him fall

I gotta roll out for a test, so that's what I've got.
    I'm going to learn this song now. If all goes well, I should have a recording up by tomorrow evening. (no promises)

FFA FF RP: FREE Raspberries! (Free For All, Free-Form Role Playing) For the randomness!

Spoiler
    Show

Beeskee smiles at the blood-red pony, and swishes her tail lazily. "Yes, I'm giving away raspberries. What kind would you like? I have a number of different options available to the discerning raspberry connoisseur. Delivered by a filly or by a colt? Raspberries or EXTRA raspberries? And, with or without nuzzles?"
    FREE Raspberries!
    Spoiler
    Show
    The red pony's left eyebrow raises. He studies the mare with an expression that reads "You... have got to be kidding me."

"Never one to shy away from a new experience." He glances around the stand at the growing number of potential customers.

"However, it looks like you may be falsely advertising, unless you've got a colt hidden under that little stand of yours."
    I have a band!
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #266
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Random_person View Post
    Woah.

This thread moves fast. I go to sleep for a few hours and pages sprout. I'm a little bit scared now...

That said, someone asked for a link to pony gaming. I'm not trawling back to find who, so I'll just leave this here, OK?
    Thanks for the link, it looks interesting but I have no familiarity with the Exalted rules so may have to sit and watch this one.

Hiya folks!

But

Dump the old thread drama IMO.

I know what else we can talk about, how's the RiM planning going? Eh Eh Eh?

Spoiler
    Show

Oh I am SO going to. "Oh, I have plenty of raspberries to give, yes yes yes I do. What kind would you like? I have a number of different options available to the discerning raspberry connoisseur. Delivered by a filly or by a colt? Raspberries or EXTRA raspberries? And, with or without nuzzles?"

Beeskee grins at the other pony. "Selling? Who is selling? I am giving them away! Want some?"

Beeskee giggles. "You realize it's totally an excuse for me to blow raspberries on your belly, right?"

Free Raspberries:

Spoiler
    Show
    A charcoal grey unicorn guard appears behind the stand with a stern expression on his face.

"Do you have a permit to set up a Raspberries stand here ma'am?"

Quote Originally Posted by Noctemwolf View Post
    Nine Pages already. 0_0*

OM NOM NOM NOM

Spoiler
    Show

I always had this idea in my head: just after the EoH team defeats Luna at the end of the 2nd episode, and just before Celestia Re-appears in the castle, she stops by this massive army of royal guards, tanks, artillery and fighter planes and says "Don't worry folks, Plan A worked!"

27. - Top - End - #267

@byaku rai: Sounds like you could use a...

Image Dump! Find a Drawthread and steal the heck out of it Edition:

Spoiler
    Show

EDIT:

That Luna is just a little too excited to see me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vent Reynolt View Post
    You asked for a Pony imagedump, so you've got a pony imagedump; Sexy Wet Manes Edition:
    Spoiler
    Show

You are both good ponies. Thank you.

... Now I just need to find my flamethrower so I can end this homework...

28. - Top - End - #268
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by byaku rai View Post
    ... Now I just need to find my flamethrower so I can end this homework...
    No need for a flamethrower...

*hands byaku rai some pine needles, tree sap, and the Cutie Mark Crusaders*

... this should take care of the homework problem.

29. - Top - End - #269

Quote Originally Posted by Dexam View Post
    No need for a flamethrower...

*hands byaku rai some pine needles, tree sap, and the Cutie Mark Crusaders*

... this should take care of the homework problem.
    *throws the CMC at the homework*

... Oh god... the carnage... I can't watch... I hated that homework but that's just...

30. - Top - End - #270
    Banned

Metal Mask: *Goes and cries in the Corner Booth of Despair*
    It's ok, the corner booth gets the best service! The usual server, Hénrí, loves his job, Nd his clients. And makes a mean AMF.

QUOTE OF THE DAY

"Hangon. Wait. I'm standing here, at midnight, in the rain, outside Parliament House, after pretending to be a wizard, talking with a guy in a lab coat about ponies. I could not make this up."

"Aren't you glad you decided to be my friend?"
    Oh hey, you actually bought the lab coat? Cool.
    The scrub store won't sell to me. I freak them out >>;

Quote Originally Posted by Jahkaivah View Post
    Brony zero! Typhoid Jahkaivah! Pony ftagn!

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium Fox View Post
    So. Ya'll know how I'm running the singing event at BroNYcon January, right? Well, I got an audition from someone insane enough to want to take both Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie's sections, which totals well over three-quarters of the expected set list.

However.

Her singing is pretty dang good, she sounds quite a bit like Pinkie.

Anypony want to listen and give me their thoughts?
    She's not bad. She tries a bit to hard for some of the notes, but I can't put a hooftip on it. I suspect she can't get her voice quite as high as Pinkie can. Still, the inflection is there for most of Pinkie's personality.
    Is there a related Fluttershy link?

As ANOTHER note for BroNYcon. I am going to be doing a hotel room. I am paying the full price, Friday and Saturday night. And I am welcoming as many ponies as I can fit FOR FREE. Right now I have seven ponies in the room, and I can at least fit three more. So if rooming space is keeping you from coming in January, don’t let it. You are more than welcome to crash with me, even if it is floor space.
    D:

D:)

DDDDD:)

January is so close Now! Aaaagh! I don't know if ... No, I'm sure I won't be able to go. Why capitalism! Why do you taunt me with your succulent riches and then steal them away with petty workplace politics!?

Ah well. If it comes up again in 2013, provided the world doesn't end first I'll make it a birthday gift to m'self.

Well Pinkie Pie moves so fast and uses raw, mundane energy to teleport of all things, so she needs that insane calorie intake just to keep up with her daily activities.
    Indeed. Pinkie Pie is like me as a youth; 4,000 calorie diet, dangerously underweight. All child teeth gone by like, age nine.

You haven't lived until you look at your sweaty out of breath friend on the twelth or thirteenth hour of some rigorous activity and ask why they're being such a party pooper!

Suddenly my bum knees make so much more sense. Stupid degenerative tissues.

"I wanted to, but he wouldn't let me! Some nonsense about 'public places', and 'investigations of gross incompetence' or something like that!"
    Oh come on! Really, T fox? Either you laugh it off ad a joke you set up for the guy, or you point out that he's reporting on the deep green pony talking to a magazine and who does he think Human Resources is going to side with?

That was a hard joke to make. Separating you into Jade and Titanium is counterintuitive.

...:<
    Aww, sad now. I don't even have the context for it. I just have somepony frowning at me.*

I'm seriously considering it. I mean, I feel so much more comfortable online as a filly, and come to think of it I always have.
    Deja vu?

*Snrk* Pinkie PiuiS.
    Oddly fitting!
    Which makes this old piece...

Spoiler
    Show

Somewhat prophetic, non?

SHE'S STARING INTO MY SOUL

DISCLAIMER FROM THE BRONY COMMUNITY: Please do not actually name your daughter Scootaloo. Your precious little Scootaloo may bite your finger off in retribution.
    Applebloom and Sweetie Belle remain useable. Research into Scootaloo as a middle name is urgently underway, though it is too early to speculate on end results.
    Scootaloo, Applebloom and Sweetie Belle have not been evaluated by the FDA. Use at own risk.

I love you so much for reposting this every single time. I'm so busy lately I never catch page 1 anymore.
    Hey, yeah! What happened to you being low man on totem pole so not having to handle most of the tickets?

Oh well. Our loss! Though it means I'm not gonna be able to directly iterate with most of you guys unless I get a chance to change to a morning or day schedule.

Hm...

Quote Originally Posted by InkwellPony View Post
    Sorry Metal Mask! It was late at night and my brains weren't working! I didn't mean to leave you off the list of Midnight's daughters... great, I'm gonna get bopped for this. And I think this killed comments on the pictures. -(Sighs)-
    Oooooh that's what he meant. Sorry, I got my masks confused.
    This is the one who resolves problems with biscuits, not the one who was banished to the moon until he made out with Natalie Portmare.

And I commented! I just don't have much to say except for drilling you on how you color things. Is it vectored? Do you use penstrokes for coloring, or a fill? Is shading a separate layer compressed downward, made transparent, or a direct color change to the original? How much of the work we see is post-production rather than preproduction or production?

GYAAAHHH!!! It buuurrrrns, it buuuuuurrrrrrrnnnssss. Sheesh! Owowowowow! That's what I get for sharing pictures! Evil ponies! Ow!
    Awww...

*flame-proof's the poor spider*

Giant boots you'll have to handle on your own. Or, wait, maybe not. *gives the spider bashing soak*

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    ...but...but... I have a foal with Braeburn!
    What, really?

I mean, I'm not surprised. *First you were dating him, then engaged, then married! Each time Braeburn was brought up you were farther along the path.
    I guess, seeing it's been so long, I'm just surprised we aren't hearing about said foal moving back home and you helping them with their student loans.

CUUUUTE.
    ...also... did we ever work out who the other mother was? Or father. (Yeah, that's gonna happen)
    I'm sure I was one of the candidates. xD
    Nope! Though if we do, I'd prefer it happen in Fic form rather than just a decision and declaration.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium Fox View Post
    I am reading Rainbow Factory. Why am I reading Rainbow Factory. Somepony please stop me. I haven't read the bad part yet. I can still be saved. I can still not read it. I can still not ruin rainbows for myself for the rest of my life. But I can't stop myself.

Somepony save me, please...
    Welp the small text makes it seem serious.
    *tackles you backward in time* Stop reading!

Quote Originally Posted by Kris Strife View Post
    This is news.
    Aye. Just roll with it, though! If neither Lix nor RazBraeburn have said anything before now, there's probably a reason. TIME ASSASSINS

Quote Originally Posted by Bayonet Priest View Post
    Stupid grimdark, there's only one cure for this

Scootahugs!
    Spoiler
    Show

I was gonna call Bull (because he loves making fun of some of our posts) but then I opened the spoiler.

Scootahugs are awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Dexam View Post
    WARNING! Large image, but totally worth it!

Spoiler
    Show
    Nice. Hey Braz. Hit me.

:? *shrug*
    *punch*

Oki Doke! Now that that's outa the way...
    That's an attractive Draconequus.

D:< *punch*

OW! Heeeey, why'dja do that for?! You already hit me!

That one didn't count.

I've been dating him for aaages. ^_^
    I think I even vaguely remember allusions to having a foal, too. *shrug* my memory is weird.

Quote Originally Posted by EsperDerek View Post
    Now, now, you two. It was an honest mistake. Oooh, I know! The Sisterhood Social is coming up soon! Why don't you two compete?
    Good Gracious, Your Ser-- Er, Midnight! Do you know what you've done? you said compete...

You didn't say work together in the social! Mask is probably forging adoption papers as we speak and plotting to take out all the other ponies so it's just her and Aurora in a climactic final round showdown!

You're a brilliantly awesome pony, no matter what. A very cute filly, too.
    Hurr?

*Midnight whistles innocently.
    Like this? Am I doing it right?

Quote Originally Posted by Draconi Redfir View Post
    Why can i never picture Dinky as a girl? keeps coming out as a boy to me.
    This is relevant to my interests.

Quote Originally Posted by the_druid_droid View Post
    Oh my...
    Hmm, when you put it that way, maybe I should give ponies a bit more warning before launching my metal self at them

<.< *>.>
    Or wear these fluffy shoulder pads and torso pillow!

Quote Originally Posted by Zevox View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

Yeah I don't really have anything else to contribute, sorry. That was just too perfect of an excuse to post that.

Zevox
    Actually, that's a really cool tumblr. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by InkwellPony View Post
    This is nothing compaired to how this thread used to move. The IRC channel we have has really slowed this thread down (Thank Celestia). There was times when we'd go through half a thread through a single evening if we got particularly frisky.
    Yeah, it was like perfect poster synergy. We actually slowed down whenever we tried to be fast. But some of the natural pacing we set would blister your backside, gobbled or not!

I have a few questions to ask that have been buzzing around my head the past few days about ponies in general and wanted the thread's opinions on them.

1. What is Celestia's power level as far as unicorn magic goes? (someone get the joke out of the way) Personally I feel her power is directly related to the sun as all special talent linked magic is and therefore she may not be as powerful as people make her out to be.

2. Why do the ponies have the term 'fillyfooler' as the word for lesbian? It seems too negative of a word and people are just grabbing what they've seen in our world as the norm for them. Ponies don't share what made same-sex relationship such a taboo for humans, would say more but I think it would end up violating forum rules. Fillyfooler and coltcuddler just sound too derogative for the setting.

3. Pertains to the leaked song:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm really curious what's going on where pinkie is singing a song that to me amounts to helping a pony in a depressed mood.*

Side note, am I the only one that can see Pinkie going into a child's ward in a hospital to sing it to them and just brighten their day?

Twixie picture, just because:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Celestia is subtly beyond unicorn magic. I do believe she included herself in her statement to Twilight; Dame Sparkle has more raw talent than even Celestia herself.

That being said, experience and nuance count for a lot. Luna didn't use magic for her weather effects, they happened like facial muscles. Unconsciously. Celestia and Luna are less ponies, and more Equinomorphic representations of natural forces. There is no sun without Celestia, there is no moon without Luna. They are night and day, respectively. Like Amaterasu and Onotangu.

Fillyfooler only has the negative connotations given to it by the reader; I myself find it kinda cute. Same with coltcuddler.
    I think the creation of new terms was specifically so as to avoid tying pony relationships to human ones. It's like saying hand; calling a pony a lesbian pulls the lens back, and makes you remember you are viewing something by degrees of separation.

And that settles it. Trixie has a ridiculous haircut.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurgan View Post
    Yeah, that term really makes me instantly thing "pedophile", you know, since filly is a pony child...
    I still insist that filly is a cognate for girl, and you only use it to mean girlchild when the context applies to it. Else how could we let full grown women use the girl's room?

Quote Originally Posted by Callos_DeTerran View Post
    I gotta point out, I never got the whole 'Celestia is a physical god' thing either...I mean she's got a spell to move the sun, which is also her special gift...that's not exactly indicative that she can do OTHER stuff beyond what any generic unicorn could do with their magic.
    No, but breaking a Savant's over-powered magical coercion across a group points towards skill precision, which is what we value. The wizard who solves his problems with bigger and more fireballs isn't as "powerful" as the one who can control the combustion of a field so that only, say, the dandelions go up in smoke and the rest is fine. Even if the firenukeball wizard generates more thermal energy.

I have to say though, knowing the setting, the implications of the openin story and fairytale land, how can you not view Celestia and Luna as functionally Kami or Langvaettr?

DerpyDash
    Spoiler
    Show

No reason, just cute.
    Blah. I can't ship Derpy. It feels... Weird to me. Wrong.
    Time to overly examine my gut reactions again.

I actually miss that.
    I kinda do too? I mean, I enjoy being able to look around the playground more now, but... It's not the rate of content. The quality of posts has minimally decreased; everypony just seems tired, stressed, rushed. The Idylwild feel is almost gone.

Though we seem to be on an upswing! That's always nice

I kinda do as well but I find myself actually reading more of the posts now than I used to. I used to just skim without paying much attention in order to keep up, now I can actually weigh in on a discussion from time to time. That's just me though, I know plenty of ponies were able to keep up just fine and I kind of do miss the blazing ridiculous speeds this thread used to get up to. I think we could find a happy medium between the current slowness and our ultimate peak speeds of a month or two ago.
    Indeed. Equilibrium will assert itself. Dynamic balance is the best balance.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetie Welf View Post
    Ah. That's how, I wasn't in the thread back then.
    You weren't? I guess it was later on that your mustachioed mug became commonplace.

Actually, quite the opposite. I took leave day on Friday and meet a few friends and relatives over the weekend and was back on Sunday night. I just posted yesterday since when I tried to catch up the new thread just showed up. And so far this has been an acceptable busy week. Still don#t have time to catch up on the last thread past post 900.
    And thanks for asking! And how's your live been the past weeks?
    Interesting! I actually commend you for that. I want to take a small break from the Internet entirely, but I need a day off first. Saying "I'm not gonna go on the pony thread" and then working all day just ends with me feeling guilty for caving in and going on the Ponythread. I wanna spend the day with mah filly, y'know? It's also good to see your work isn't overwhelming you. And don't worry about catching up; a lot of the jokes we make are ephemeral, really. They're fun, but not vital. That's the upside to the IRC- we are getting in the habit of putting important stuff here, and doing silly interactions that are technically just clutter over there.

Though I plan on dragging some of the clutter with me, kicking and screaming. Like, did you know that Starry Notions has some hard-and-fast limits, that my anthropomorphic form doesn't? Like one is a self-incarnating entity, and the other is a standard(ish) mortal pony? Yeah, I forgot that until after I was killed by a chest burster. With no way to come back.
    Oops.

Luckily, mad science! And Raz_Fox with a magic contract.

Aaand... My month has been weird. I've worked the last 35-38 days solid, anywhere from 8 to 14 hours a day. I'm starting to slip up on dumb things, like staying open an extra hour because I somehow got 23:00 into my head as 10:00 pm. That and a small crises of self, which I resolved in the usual manner of ignoring it until my background processes got to work on it.

Overall, not too bad! But not very pony. I'm running at like, between 50-70% capacity. 63.7% more pony that a non-Brony, but it could be better, Y'know?

Haha. I've gotten whiny and expositional in the last few days XD

Awesome. I'd switch mare for Pony, to keep the rhythm, though.
    Now, to wait for the Cover Version to hit youtube...
    Tempted. But then I'd have to get a YouTube account, and I think video or voice recordings are on the list of internet NoNos right now. Still... Only reason I didn't tackle Always a Filly is because I didn't know the tune.

Give me time...

(I'm working on it between last-minute review snippets for an exam, although the lyrics are pretty non-specific to begin with, so it's tempting to not change much at all)
    Can't wait for the rest, mate!

Quote Originally Posted by mikeejimbo View Post
    Good good, then I am not alone.
    I believe Unicorns all seem to have access to Light, too.
    Light seems to be less a spell and more a focused byproduct; mental flexing. I can use my arm and the bicep will stand out, or I can flex it specifically and it stands out a lot; the difference between standard illumination and specific light magic.

I think all unicorns have potential for magic. I think all ponies have potential for magic. I don't think they all have the aptitude, resources, or training. Rarity isnt a "spell caster" by definition, despite how she uses so many magical effects. Twilight on the other hoof, is. Trixie is intriguing, because I put her in the 'non-spellcaster' camp. She's a savant who didn't really apply herself, and lacks book learnin'.