New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Fairy Tail in the Playground [FTITP]

I'll get to this after dinner and such. Yes there is only offically S rank however we're keeping a letter system to gauge general power.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Bugbear in the Playground

Alright, here's my first character submission. I have another, low power character planned which I should get up before the end of the week.

Spoiler
    Show

Name: Sayd Umbra
    Height: 5' 9"
    Weight: 146 ibs.
    Magic: Shadow Dragon Slayer
    Guild: Fairy Tail

Appearance
    Spoiler
    Show

Sayd is short, although not exceptionally so. He has short, jet black hair and a sharp face, with serpentine pupils and black irises in his eyes. Like all Dragon Slayers, Sayd has prominent canines, although his are barely noticeable. He has a thin mouth and generally bears a serious, intent expression. Sayd has a slender but well muscled body, and walks with a slow, methodical pace. His movements are precise and controlled, making it very difficult to read his body language. Sayd prefers very dark clothing, most frequently wearing blacks, blues, and purples. He also favors a heavy black cloak when traveling, which is most of the time. Sayd keeps a well made katana with a black grip sheathed at his left hip.

Personality
    Spoiler
    Show

Sayd is withdrawn, reserved, and quiet, making him rather out of place in the significantly more boisterous environment of the Fairy Tail Guild. Sayd is very serious and focused, keeping oriented towards his goal at all times. He is also very patient, and has no difficulty waiting weeks or even months if it is necessary for a mission. He is generally soft-spoken in his interactions with other people, but is far from submissive. Sayd is generally quite secretive, and rarely volunteers information about himself or his activities to others.

History
    Spoiler
    Show

Very little is known by others about Sayd's past. He's been a member of Fairy Tail as long as anyone can remember, and doesn't seem to have changed much in that time, although his constant absence and general secretiveness no doubt helps to conceal any alterations.

Sayd was abandoned as a child, then found and cared for by a dragon named Umbraxis. He parted ways with his adoptive parent once he was grown, but periodically kept in touch until the disappearance of the dragons. He eventually joined Fairy Tail for unknown reasons, where he has continued to work ever since. He possesses a unique function within the guild; while he does take long-term missions, he extends his time away from the guild in order to act as a scout of sorts. Sayd keeps an eye on the activities of significant dark guilds and assorted potential or declared enemies of Fairy Tail, reporting his findings back to the guild master when he returns.

Magic
    Spoiler
    Show

Sayd is a Dragon Slayer, specifically aligned with the Element of Shadow. He can create and control shadows, allowing him to conceal himself, darken his enviornment, or solidify or energize the shadows to use as weapons. Solid shadows function much as any other object of their shape would. At low level of power, energized shadows can drain the magical power of Sayd's enemies, proportionate to the size of the strike they are made with. This prevents them from inflicting physical harm, however. At high levels, energized shadows simply inflict harm.

Sayd can consume shadows to heal and replenish himself. Doing so causes the area where the shadows were to become visible, albeit with a washed out quality proportionate to the previous darkness. This effect lasts for a few hours before wearing off, at which point Sayd can once again consume the shadow. If Sayd consumes the shadow of a living being, it disappears entirely, however, it reappears harmlessly after a few minutes.

Additionally, Sayd possesses the enhanced physical characteristics of all Dragon Slayers, and can see in the dark. Unusually for a natural Dragon Slayer, Sayd can control the Dragon Force to some degree, although doing so is extremely difficult and tiring, and is thus reserved for desperate situations.

Other powers
    Spoiler
    Show

Hand to Hand: Sayd is an extremely proficient martial artist, and would be very deadly in close combat even without his enhanced physical capabilities. With the physical power granted to him by his magic, Sayd becomes a force to be reckoned with.

Swordplay: Sayd has spent a number of years studying the art of swordplay, but this is more of a hobby than an actual combat style. While he would be capable of using his sword in a fight, Sayd has better ways of defeating his enemies.

Last edited by Dorizzit; 2011-11-09 at 07:15 PM.
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DiscipleofBob View Post
    Personally, I'm on the side of the fence that even if we don't have an actual guildmaster, someone needs to take charge of the day-to-day paperwork and other guildmaster duties, and I'm perfectly fine with horngeek's character taking that position (Heck, if we still do the whole "need a new guildmaster" thing, he could be a good candidate)
    I agree, though as said before. It's up to you how you run the guild in the long run. I just think it'd be a shame to x out a good story starter right off the bat.

Going off the whole Skeleton Key idea for my necromancer, here's a bit more info on that:
    Spoiler
    Show

The Skeleton Keys
    The spirits summoned through necromancy are the souls of the dead, in no way associated with the Celestial Spirits or other such spirits that other summoners use. However, they do share one thing in common in that both use keys to perform the summoning. A Skeleton Key is quite different though. Unlike a Celestial Spirit key, for instance, which is a unique artifact necessary for the summoning of a spirit who persists throughout time, most spirits bound to Skeleton Keys pass on to the afterlife once their contracts are up (with some exceptions of course). It's very difficult to find an abandoned and still-working Skeleton Key because the spirit bound to it most likely crossed over to the afterlife once its master's constract was up. Most of the time, when a necromancer forms a pact with a spirit, a new Skeleton Key is crafted via a ritual. The ritual to create a Skeleton Key only takes a few minutes as long as both parties accept the terms of their pact. Usually this involves the necromancer vowing to right some wrong that leaves the spirit in its restless state. Unfortunately, it is possible for less scrupulous necromancers to force a spirit into a pact and enslave them through a Skeleton Key (something Emilia would never do).

It is also important to note that unlike Celestial Spirits, the spirits summoned by a necromancer do not have a permanent physical form. Rather, only the spirit is summoned, and, through a combination of the necromancer and the spirits' magical energy a new physical body is created each time. Destroying the body of a spirit certainly incapacitates it for awhile as it recovers and prevents it from using its magic through Emilia, but since the spirit is already dead, a new body can be created once both the necromancer and the spirit have recovered.

While a Skeleton Key is necessary for the actual summoning process, losing a Skeleton Key does not break the pact between the necromancer and the spirit, nor does it mean someone who takes ahold of said key can use it for themselves. In fact, if a necromancer does lose a key and is unable to retrieve it, they can spend a half-hour ritual to construct a new Skeleton Key, at which point the old Key is destroyed. They are unable to summon the spirit in question until the new key is created, however.
    Looks good

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Shiro View Post
    Can I make Mage who is a guileless, and wanders as a mercenary?
    Course you can.

Quote Originally Posted by AnimeKid View Post
    alright here are my next two characters

Name:Tobias Sleipnir, Spider
    Hieght:5'9
    Wieght:150 lbs
    Magic:Card Magic
    Blood Type:-O
    Guild:None

Appearance

Spoiler
    Show
    I am basing spider off of another character, so if you guys don't mind I will use his picture just imagine him less robotic and yes his hair will stay like that. Because it is freaking metal, pun intended.

Background

Spoiler
    Show
    Spider is a street rat, that is to say an orphan. He didn't much about magic and viewed it all as the same, people with powers. He still holds that belief, except for the fact that his magic is more awesome and classy. He discovered his magic when he had found a deck of playing cards one day when he was 6 years old and trying to run away with dinner, a loaf of bread he had stolen from the local bakery. He had tripped on the card deck during his escape and picked in up in anger preparing to chuck it when the baker caught up to him. Nervous and out of options Spider tried to use his sparkling wit to distract the man. "Pick a card any card!" When he uttered that phrase his first and signature card spell helped him out. The ace of spades at the top of the deck glowed and Spider, the bread, and the deck disappeared from sight. The baker confused and flustered walked away from the alley that contained the invisible Spider grumbling about no good kids. As he left Spider looked at the deck in awe as his life was changed forever.

Magic:

Spoiler
    Show
    Spider has access to card magic with the cards having special effects. Most of the time the cards have increadible sharpness capable of slicing steel or a large amount of explosive power (approximately about the strength of a mid sized bomb). However Spiders cards have a few other tricks. He will learn more as time goes on.

Sneaking Spider: Spiders best card is the sneaking spider. It renders him invisible to the unobservant watcher, but what it really does is cloak him from all forms of detection, including magical ones. Great for escaping from angry thugs. However if he bumps into someone the magic is automatically canceled.

Three of a kind: This move uses three cards of the same number and throws them towards the opponent. Then cards explode on impact in a trifeca of elemental pain. Spider can use the elements fire, ice, lightning, wind, water, and darkness.

Spider Bite: A two card combo that sends to cards flying at the opponent. One acts as a flash bang to hide the other card. That card then attaches itself to a part of the opponent and cloaks itself. After that Spider can choose to detonate the card whenever he pleases as long as the target is with 200 yards.

Other powers

Spoiler
    Show
    Innate charm:Spider is a charming and charismatic person. He can usually get people to tell him things easily, sometimes even secrets their keeping. Works better on women.

Dangerous Hat:Spider's hat has hidden blades in it. When pressing a certain pressure point on it the blades come out and it can be used as a projectile weapon.

Adept Acrobat:Spider spent most of his life exploring the city he lives in. Climbing pipes, running on clothes lines, climbing buildings, and running from thugs have left him quite adept at acrobatics.
    Doesn't look to bad. Nothing jumps out at me being unbalanced but others might jump in and correct it.

I hope this guy is acceptable. Same goes for this next guys
    Well...

Name:Kuhn Calbreeze, Zooming Death
    Hieght:5'10
    Weight:153 lbs
    Magic:Steel/Metal Magic, High Speed magic
    Blood Type:+A
    Guild:Fairy Tale

Appearance
    Spoiler
    Show
    Kuhn is a handsome youth with a boyish face and black spiked up hair. He has steel gray eyes and almost always has a smile on his face. He wears a black suit and pants with a white undershirt. When he is feeling more festive he wears an orange blazer with black pants and an orange tie. He is usually seen smoking a cigar, possibly Cuban, for stress relief and to show off.

Background:

Spoiler
    Show
    Kuhn used to be a second class citizen along with his family. In order to help pay dues at their home, which they were about to be evicted out of Kuhn went to work for nobles as their butler at the tender age of 10. He did chores around the house, served them their dinner and protected them. Kuhn was forced to protect their lives even thought they would spit on him for his class, in return they would help him pay for his families home and pay them money. So Kuhn in order to do his job well and protect his family learned magic. He did his job well for many years, protecting the Man and Woman who hired him to the best of his abilities. One however he had enough. Their comments about him were tolerable, however once they started insulting his family he quit raging at his masters and throwing every insult at them that he had been holding back for 8 years. It was not even a week after that the family had been killed by assassins. Kuhn joined Fairy Tale in order to help his family in their constant state of poverty and to protect them with everything that he had.

Magic

Spoiler
    Show

Steel/Metal magic: This magic allows Kuhn to create and control metal. He uses this magic to make various weapons that he can wield and manipulate metal. He also can make blocks of steel to drop on the opponent. They are only 4 feet in length, width, and height. His main use of this power however is the micro-filament wires (razor sharp wires. Ex Walter's wires from the Hellsing Ultimate OVA's) that he uses that are stored in a pair of old gloves that he has that were his families prized possession and was passed down from father to oldest son. Using Steel/Metal magic he can control the wires to a great degree, even better that his father used to be able to. They practically obey his thought is what his little brother would say.

High Speed Magic: This is Kuhn's secondary magic and what completes his deadly combo. Kuhn's High speed magic allow him to move at incredible speeds typically becoming a blur to those who don't have means of tracking high speed movement. His agility is also boosted as well as his leg strength meaning that his kicks pack a real punch. By combining this magic with his Steel/Metal magic and his wires he becomes a lean mean fighting machine. Unless they have a strong defense Kuhn can usually slice most people and objects to pieces.

Other Powers

Spoiler
    Show

Kickboxing:To complement his immense leg strength when using High Speed magic Kuhn learned Kickboxing. It helps for when his wires and Metal magic are useless.

Enhanced durability:This is a must considering the speeds that Kuhn can reach. It also allows him to take a hit in combat.

Weapons Technician:Kuhn is capable of using a wide variety of weapons to a respectable degree. His best weapon are the wires but he will use others if he feels the opponent is not worth the wires or if they fail.

What do you guys think?
    He's the Iron Dragon Slayer without the name. Not really overpowered but...I think one Dragon Slayer per person is a pretty fair request. He'd quite honestly be fine if you dropped the Not-Iron Dragon Slayer.

All right, so I decided to drop the Wind powers completely from Raven. The idea of a bird-motif spirit named Raven Windtalker who does completely earth-related magic eventually grew on me as one of those random quirks, like how the canon Cancer says Ebi instead of the expected Kani.

Here's some elaboration on how his powers are affected by location:
    Spoiler
    Show

Moving Vehicle, Second Floor or higher on a building - No attunement with the earth, so therefore his magic isn't possible and has to rely on hand-to-hand combat.

Civilized or industrialized area (City streets for example) - His attunement with the earth is weak, but he can create small localized shockwaves capable of overturning things standing on the surface.

Natural Area (Actual dirt ground) - He has some attunement with the earth, and can do basic earthbending-style techniques, including creating stone pillars or barriers for defense or shooting boulders at the sky for offense. He's about at the level of a B-class mage here.

Sacred Ground (Cemetery, etc.) - High affinity with the earth, and his magic reaches A-class levels. It's worth noting that in a cemetery he can do many earth techniques and still not disturb the corpses with this level of mastery.

Personal Sacred Ground - On the village ruins of his now-deceased tribe. Probably won't ever come up in-game. Reaches S-class level earth magic along the lines of "Raven used Fissure! It was a one-hit KO! Enemy fainted." When Emilia first recruited Raven, Raven used this level of power to instantly bury an entire horde of enslaved zombies back in their graves with one spell.

Also, question on the rank of mages. I know some lower-rank mages were needed, but I'm looking on the Fairy Tail wiki and I'm not finding any description or standard of any class below S. According to the wiki, there are S-class mages who have some high-rank and standing in the guild and are legally allowed to take S-class jobs, and then there's everyone else. Even among jobs, the only ranking the wiki describes are S-class jobs, SS-class jobs, 10 year jobs, 100 year jobs, and everything below those four.

I have a lower-rank mage in mind, but I'm really not sure what rank to make them.
    Looks good, far more balanced. No further issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorizzit View Post
    Alright, here's my first character submission. I have another, low power character planned which I should get up before the end of the week.

Spoiler
    Show

Name: Sayd Umbra
    Height: 5' 9"
    Weight: 146 ibs.
    Magic: Shadow Dragon Slayer
    Guild: Fairy Tail

Appearance
    Spoiler
    Show

Sayd is short, although not exceptionally so. He has short, jet black hair and a sharp face, with serpentine pupils and black irises in his eyes. Like all Dragon Slayers, Sayd has prominent canines, although his are barely noticeable. He has a thin mouth and generally bears a serious, intent expression. Sayd has a slender but well muscled body, and walks with a slow, methodical pace. His movements are precise and controlled, making it very difficult to read his body language. Sayd prefers very dark clothing, most frequently wearing blacks, blues, and purples. He also favors a heavy black cloak when traveling, which is most of the time. Sayd keeps a well made katana with a black grip sheathed at his left hip.

Personality
    Spoiler
    Show

Sayd is withdrawn, reserved, and quiet, making him rather out of place in the significantly more boisterous environment of the Fairy Tail Guild. Sayd is very serious and focused, keeping oriented towards his goal at all times. He is also very patient, and has no difficulty waiting weeks or even months if it is necessary for a mission. He is generally soft-spoken in his interactions with other people, but is far from submissive. Sayd is generally quite secretive, and rarely volunteers information about himself or his activities to others.

History
    Spoiler
    Show

Very little is known by others about Sayd's past. He's been a member of Fairy Tail as long as anyone can remember, and doesn't seem to have changed much in that time, although his constant absence and general secretiveness no doubt helps to conceal any alterations.

Sayd was abandoned as a child, then found and cared for by a dragon named Umbraxis. He parted ways with his adoptive parent once he was grown, but periodically kept in touch until the disappearance of the dragons. He eventually joined Fairy Tail for unknown reasons, where he has continued to work ever since. He possesses a unique function within the guild; while he does take long-term missions, he extends his time away from the guild in order to act as a scout of sorts. Sayd keeps an eye on the activities of significant dark guilds and assorted potential or declared enemies of Fairy Tail, reporting his findings back to the guild master when he returns.

Magic
    Spoiler
    Show

Sayd is a Dragon Slayer, specifically aligned with the Element of Shadow. He can create and control shadows, allowing him to conceal himself, darken his enviornment, or solidify or energize the shadows to use as weapons. Solid shadows function much as any other object of their shape would. At low level of power, energized shadows can drain the magical power of Sayd's enemies, proportionate to the size of the strike they are made with. This prevents them from inflicting physical harm, however. At high levels, energized shadows simply inflict harm.

Sayd can consume shadows to heal and replenish himself. Doing so causes the area where the shadows were to become visible, albeit with a washed out quality proportionate to the previous darkness. This effect lasts for a few hours before wearing off, at which point Sayd can once again consume the shadow. If Sayd consumes the shadow of a living being, it disappears entirely, however, it reappears harmlessly after a few minutes.

Additionally, Sayd possesses the enhanced physical characteristics of all Dragon Slayers, and can see in the dark. Unusually for a natural Dragon Slayer, Sayd can control the Dragon Force to some degree, although doing so is extremely difficult and tiring, and is thus reserved for desperate situations.

Other powers
    Spoiler
    Show

Hand to Hand: Sayd is an extremely proficient martial artist, and would be very deadly in close combat even without his enhanced physical capabilities. With the physical power granted to him by his magic, Sayd becomes a force to be reckoned with.

Swordplay: Sayd has spent a number of years studying the art of swordplay, but this is more of a hobby than an actual combat style. While he would be capable of using his sword in a fight, Sayd has better ways of defeating his enemies.

Looks good, quite balanced.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

With Kuhn was I just making a person who can use metal magic. After all Natsu was the fire dragon slayer but there are plenty of people who still use fire magic. I didn't think that giving him metal magic would make him like the Iron dragon slayer.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

To help with the lower-ranked character amount.

Name: Ezzio “Papa” Ratsi

Alignment: True Neutral

Magic: Wordsmith Magic, Flash

Guild: Fairy Tail, and to some extent Sorcerer Weekly.

Mage Rank: C

Appearance: Ezzio has short, dark, and slightly balding hair and a thin goatee. His features are rather average and rugged, typical of those of the working class. He usually wears a casual shirt and tie with suspenders. He's usually seen carrying around a notepad, pencils, and his various magical artifacts.

Background: Ezzio's worked for Sorcerer Weekly for the majority of his life, and Fairy Tail has always been a prime source of material for the magazine. In an effort to get the inside scoop, Ezzio officially joined Fairy Tail eight years ago, openly stating his reason to get the exclusive on the guild's happenings.

Magic:
    Spoiler
    Show

Wordsmith – Ezzio is well-versed in several language-based magics, including translating and manipulating runes, cracking magical codes, speed-reading and speed-writing. He can read multiple languages, and can translate languages he doesn't know fairly quickly. When dealing with other word-based magicks, he knows how to make subtle but key alterations that completely change the function of said magicks. He also possesses several maigcal artifacts, including speed-read glasses, two one-handed typewriters which automatically type and proofread anything he writes, and a camera capable of taking animated photographs and flash bursts.

Flash – Ezzio can create bright bursts of light with or without his camera. These bright flashes aren't particularly strong, but they do make effective blinding flash bombs or illuminate an area.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Ogre in the Playground

Also, for some reason, I want to make my character have Keysi as her personal combat style. Hmmm...

And I can't think of a name. >.<

EDIT: Or something inspired by what I know of Keysi from watching Batman Begins (including the features), anyway.
    Last edited by horngeek; 2011-11-10 at 05:51 AM.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

7. - Top - End - #97
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: Fairy Tail in the Playground [FTITP]

An AnimeITP for a series I have read very little off and would add yet another RPG to my substantial list?

I'm in!

As mentioned, I have only read little of the series (do intend to make up for that) but I know the basics of magic and how dragon slayers work, so I will try my best to not ask too many obvious questions!

I only quick-read the posts here, though, so I am not entirely sure what characters have been made (sorry!) has anyone made a mage with cloud/smoke-related powers? I have an idea for a low-level Fairy Tail member who specialises in clouds and smoke, using them for cover and making semi-solid objects to aid movement.

Sounds good? :3
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

8. - Top - End - #98
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Keveak View Post
    An AnimeITP for a series I have read very little off and would add yet another RPG to my substantial list?

I'm in!

As mentioned, I have only read little of the series (do intend to make up for that) but I know the basics of magic and how dragon slayers work, so I will try my best to not ask too many obvious questions!

I only quick-read the posts here, though, so I am not entirely sure what characters have been made (sorry!) has anyone made a mage with cloud/smoke-related powers? I have an idea for a low-level Fairy Tail member who specialises in clouds and smoke, using them for cover and making semi-solid objects to aid movement.

Sounds good to me.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Keveak View Post

I'm in!

They have not. Welcome aboard! Wait...this isn't One Pieceitp...Welcome to the Guild!

10. - Top - End - #100
    Ettin in the Playground

Nemo
    Spoiler
    Show

Appearance:
    Spoiler
    Show
    In his human form, Nemo is thin but visibly muscled and quite tall, standing at 6 feet. His skin is very pale, his hair blonde and his eyes silvery; it looks like someone grabbed him by the ankles and dipped him in bleach. His face is slightly round and effeminate, enough that it's hard to say which gender he is from a distance. He prefers to keep his hair short. His voice is quiet and low, and likely to get lost in any noise.

Personality:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Nero feels like someone who just woke up from deep slumber. He blinks a lot and stutters in his speech, often spacing out and falling silent abruptly. Due to his long absence from everyday life, he's pretty clueless about such little things as, oh, what the heck is going on, so he might appear a bit slow and dumber than he is.

Background:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Prior to his sealing, Nemo was a lone mage specialized in hunting demons. He was originally a Requip magician of moderate skill, but then focused on magics that would alter his shape and most notably, Take Over. He decided the best way to fight his chosen prey would be to take their powers for his own, which he achieved by eating them.

Unfortunately for him, distinquishing between a real demon and someone who just looks and fights exactly like one is tad bit difficult. As a result, on one of his hunts a group of onlookers mistook him for a threat, and hired a Mage's Guild to destroy him.

Nemo withstood the assault, but was unable to prevent himself from being imprisoned and sealed underground in his injured state. There he has remained to this day, drifting in and out of consciousness as untold years have passed by.

Or, that's what Nemo thinks is what happened. To say his memory is spotty is understatement of the century. After all, he doesn't even remember his real name anymore...

General abilities:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Nero is strong, tough and fast for someone of his build, giving a stable foundation for his magic to improve. He's also skilled in use of various different weapons, such as staves, swords, spears, javelins, bows, slings, sais and daggers.

Magic:
    Spoiler
    Show

Body Manipulation: Nemo can change composition and size of his body - this extends to any alternate forms he may assume with Take Over. Nemo can only use these abilities on himself. Sludge, Paper, Rubber and Iron Forms are mutually exclusive, meaning only one can be active at a time. Once Nemo uses Take Over, he can't switch forms without returning to human form first. In human form, switching forms takes about two seconds.
    • Titan Form: Nemo can grow his whole body, or just a part, exponentially larger, simultaneously increasing physical power and durability by large amount. His limit is to grow roughly three times his original size. This ability can be used in conjuction with other Body Manipulations.
    • Sludge Form: This magic makes the user's body extremely flexible, like a blob of quicksilver, allowing them to flow around physical blows or seep through cracks in the ground. The user's body still stays in one piece, and gets wounded if split. Main advantage of this form is mobility.
    • Paper Form: Squeezes the user's body paper thin and makes it extremely light, allowing them to slip through thin cracks or float in the air or on water like a dead leaf. Makes the user very hard to hit, but he loses on offensive power due to lightness of the form. Main advantage of this form is stealth
    • Rubber Form: A sort of a mid-way point between Sludge and Iron forms, the user's body retains some flexibility but allows for increased strenght and toughness. Any part of the user can stretch to 1.5 times its original lenght, and the user can reach great speeds via bouncing. This form makes the user nearly immune to blunt trauma, though cutting and slashing attacks still work. Main advantage of this form is balance.
    • Iron Form: makes the user's body hard and tough as steel, protecting well from any physical injury and making unarmed attacks of the user equivalent to weapons. It also makes him much heavier. Offense and defense of this form are superior to other forms, but it doesn't increase speed or flexibility.
    • Life Return: Despite defensive and evasive power of the other Body Manipulations, Nero still gets injured from time to time. This skill allows him to readjust injured parts, bracing broken bones, closing wounds, restoring wounded internal organs and relocating limbs to continue acting. It's never a complete heal, and the more severe his wounds get, the more concentration Nemo needs for this ability to continue functioning. For example, a deep slash wound stays glued together as long as Nemo focuses on it, but if his concentration falters, the wound will open again. Lost tissue can't be recreated from nothing with this ability. Using Life Return cancels other active forms.

Take Over: Eldtrich Soul. Nemo has the ability to assume and mix forms of demons he has eaten. The following abilities can be activated one, several, or all at a time. When all of them are active at once, it's called Eldritch Soul: Full-Body Take Over. Nemo's Take Over is very subtle - they seem to organically grow on him with no burst of magical power, and he can even keep his clothes intact if he so wants to. Because of this, some of his transformations might go partially unnoticed...

• Eldritch Soul: Gaunt Shell. This magic covers Nemo's body in a featureless bone-white exoskeleton. There are variations which only cover a part of him at a time, such as Gaunt Shell Arms or Legs. Head of the shell is smooth, with no apparent openings for eyes, mouth, nose or ears - if the whole shell is active, Nemo is hermetically sealed from the rest of the world. Instead of normal senses, he perceives the world through a weak form of echolocation and thermal sense - you can hide from these by standing still and holding your breath, or by being submerged in water. This is somewhat inconvenient, but on the plus side, Nemo is pretty much immune to toxic or gaze attacks in this form.
    • Eldritch Soul: Gaunt Horns. Grows a pair of twisting, two-pronged horns where Nemo's ears would normally be. While they are sharp, they aren't really supposed to be weapons - instead, they grant or improve echolocation, picking up smallest vibrations on the air. While they grant a more sensitive hearing, they are much harder to injure than ordinary ears.
    • Eldritch Soul: Gaunt Wings. Grows a pair of bone-white, bat-like wings on Nemo's back. With them, he can fly with speeds comparing to those of fastest birds. They can also be used to shield from blows, or as weapons of their own right - they are very strong, capable of breaking human bones with a strike.
    • Eldritch Soul: Angel Eyes. Grows 108 (or more, depending what other parts Nemo has active) leering, gold eyes all over Nemo's body, but distractingly, not where eyes should be. (This is mostly apparent when Gaunt Shell covers his head.) When all of them are open, he can see everywhere around himself, with no blind spots. They are immune to hypnotism and other gaze attacks.
    • Eldritch Soul: Cannibal's Maw. Covers Nemo's face from nose down with a skeletal mask with extremely sharp and vicious teeth. The mask's mouth can open much wider than should be physically possible, and inside is a black void which draws things within a foot radius towards itself. Nemo can cannibalize forms and powers of people he eats to use with his Take Over (only parts which are eaten can be utilized - so if he only eats, say, an arm, he can't Take Over a whole body). It's also possible for Nemo to open maws on his abdomen, elbows, knees and palms. (If he has Gaunt Shell active, the shell cracks open to reveal the maw(s).)
      • Acid Spit: Nemo can shoot tarry liquid from any of the maws. It's mildly corrosive and causes painful burning feeling on touch. It's also very sticky, capable of binding a person to the ground in large enough quantities.

• Eldritch Soul: Hero's Mane. Slits open along the back of Nemo's neck, making way for flowing black hair. However, on a closer look, this hair is made of snake-like, prehensile tentacles that end in sharp-toothed mouths. Bites from these tentacles carry a mild paralytic poison - one bite usually isn't of consequence, but multiple bites will slowly incapacitate a person.

Holder Magic: Hero's Armory. Nemo has the ability to create a pocket dimension inside a chest with his emblem and place weapons there to be summoned for later use. It could store five weapons at a given time. Unfortunately, the chest he used to have has long ago rotten away, along with its contents, so he has nothing to summon as of now.

Details pending, and suggestions are welcome. I have no reference point for "power levels", so I won't even try to guess what rank he could be.

"Nemo", if you didn't guess, is just a placeholder name before someone gives him an actual name in the game.

EDIT: Changed Titan Form's multiplier from 10 to 3 after doing the math of how big that'd make him.

EDIT2: Clarified how many weapons his chest could theoretically contain.

EDIT3: Clarified how Body Manipulation works. Clarified the range of the suction created by the Maws. Slowed down speed of the Wings a bit.

EDIT4: Further clarified how Body Manipulation works.
    Last edited by Frozen_Feet; 2011-11-12 at 10:06 AM.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

11. - Top - End - #101
    Ogre in the Playground

He's S for sure. Three kinds of magic and versatile powers at that. That's just from a glance but I doubt highly it'll change. I'll look at it more in depth later.

12. - Top - End - #102
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

So do I need to take the metal magic out of Kuhn guys or make it to where is only controls the wires, with no weapon creation, or drop cubes?

13. - Top - End - #103
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AnimeKid View Post
    So do I need to take the metal magic out of Kuhn guys or make it to where is only controls the wires, with no weapon creation, or drop cubes?
    I think that'd be fine ya. The thing with Fairy Tail Magic is...it doesn't seem to do a whole lot. Each magic seems to be good at one or two things and that's it. We've seen some....very versatile magics being flung about which is fine but most magics so far in the series...really aren't quite like that. I know some people who are up for playing haven't read the manga so that's really why I don't have much issue with it but versatility is really what makes a character powerful in the end.

14. - Top - End - #104
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

I just know that most of the time the reason we don't see it is because of how some people use it. Like ice make for example. It can be fairly versatile, so can Juvia's water magic. Heck even High Speed magic could have more use to it. However it was used by a minor character who we don't see as much as the main characters. So it is not developed as fully. Better Example, Card Magic is used by two people Cana and Sho. Cana is a main character and we see more of her. She has 8 spells with the cards that we have seen so far. Sho only has two. So there are many implied uses, you just have to figure out what they are.
    Last edited by AnimeKid; 2011-11-10 at 03:59 PM.

15. - Top - End - #105

I'm gonna make a mercenary who uses gun magic.
    LGBTitP
    The CHALLENGE|My Poetry|My Short Stories
    Fantastic FFTA Assassin Viera avvie by the fabulous Jokasti
    Spoiler
    Show
    Snow Flake: My Little Toshiro Hitsugaya Pony by Smuchmuch

Kyasarin Shihan drawing by the talented Moon Wolf

16. - Top - End - #106
    Ogre in the Playground

Right, but that's still only one real use of the magic. Gray can use the water because he can freeze it. He can use blood too. He can't use water however, just the frozen form of it. Which is my point, it's -how- you use it and not have many "spells" it has, as it were. Each has a single element to it like Gray's Ice or Ezra's Armor. But Ezra is the perfect example of how being versatile and knowing how your magic works makes you insanely powerful.

17. - Top - End - #107
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post

Magic:
    Spoiler
    Show

Body Manipulation: Nemo can change composition and size of his body - this extends to any alternate forms he may assume with Take Over. Nemo can only use these abilities on himself.
    • Titan Form: Nemo can grow his whole body, or just a part, exponentially larger, simultaneously increasing physical power and durability by large amount. His limit is to grow roughly three times his original size. This ability can be used in conjuction with other Body Manipulations.
    • Sludge Form: This magic makes the user's body extremely flexible, almost fluid like goo, allowing them to flow around physical blows or seep through cracks in the ground. The user's body still stays in one piece.
    • Paper Form: Squeezes the user's body paper thin and makes it extremely light, allowing them to slip through thin cracks or float in the air or on water like a dead leaf.
    • Rubber Form: A sort of a mid-way point between Sludge and Iron forms, the user's body becomes very flexible and can stretch greatly, but is still tough and capable of absorbing direct blows.
    • Iron Form: makes the user's body hard and tough as steel, reducing effectiveness of physical blows greatly and making unarmed attacks of the user much more lethal as well.
    • Life Return: Despite defensive and evasive power of the other Body Manipulations, Nero still gets injured from time to time. This skill allows him to readjust broken parts, mending bones, closing wounds, restoring wounded internal organs and relocating limbs to continue acting. It's never a complete heal, and the more severe his wounds get, the more concentration Nemo needs for this ability to continue functioning.

Take Over: Eldtrich Soul. Nemo has the ability to assume and mix forms of demons he has eaten. The following abilities can be activated one, several, or all at a time. When all of them are active at once, it's called Eldritch Soul: Full-Body Take Over. Nemo's Take Over is very subtle - tehy seem to organically grow on him with no burst of magical power, and he can even keep his clothes intact if he so wants to. Because of this, some of his transformations might go partially unnoticed...

• Eldritch Soul: Gaunt Shell. This magic covers Nemo's body in a featureless bone-white exoskeleton. There are variations which only cover a part of him at a time, such as Gaunt Shell Arms or Legs. Head of the shell is smooth, with no apparent openings for eyes, mouth, nose or ears - if the whole shell is active, Nemo is hermetically sealed from the rest of the world. Instead of normal senses, he perceives the world through a form of echolocation and thermal sense - you can hide from these by standing still and holding your breath, or by being submerged in water. This is somewhat inconvenient, but on the plus side, Nemo is pretty much immune to toxic or gaze attacks in this form.
    • Eldritch Soul: Gaunt Horns. Grows a pair of twisting, two-pronged horns where Nemo's ears would normally be. While they are sharp, they aren't really supposed to be weapons - instead, they grant or improve echolocation, picking up smallest vibrations on the air. While they grant a more sensitive hearing, they are much harder to injure than ordinary ears.
    • Eldritch Soul: Gaunt Wings. Grows a pair of bone-white, bat-like wings on Nemo's back. With them, he can fly with speeds exceeding those of fastest birds. They can also be used to shield from blows, or as weapons of their own right - they are very strong, capable of breaking human bones with a strike.
    • Eldritch Soul: Angel Eyes. Grows 108 (or more, depending what other parts Nemo has active) leering, gold eyes all over Nemo's body, but distractingly, not where eyes should be. (This is mostly apparent when Gaunt Shell covers his head.) When all of them are open, he can see everywhere around himself, with no blind spots. They are immune to hypnotism and other gaze attacks.
    • Eldritch Soul: Cannibal's Maw. Covers Nemo's face from nose down with a skeletal mask with extremely sharp and vicious teeth. The mask's mouth can open much wider than should be physically possible, and inside is a black void which draws everything nearby into itself. Nemo can cannibalize forms and powers of people he eats to use with his Take Over (only parts which are eaten can be utilized - so if he only eats, say, an arm, he can't Take Over a whole body). It's also possible for Nemo to open maws on his abdomen, elbows, knees and palms. (If he has Gaunt Shell active, the shell cracks open to reveal the maw(s).)
      • Acid Spit: Nemo can shoot tarry liquid from any of the maws. It's mildly corrosive and burns like fire. It's also very sticky, capable of binding a person to the ground in large enough quantities.

• Eldritch Soul: Hero's Mane. Slits open along the back of Nemo's neck, making way for flowing black hair. However, on a closer look, this hair is made of snake-like, prehensile tentacles that end in sharp-toothed mouths. Bites from these tentacles carry a mild paralytic poison - one bite usually isn't of consequence, but multiple bites will slowly incapacitate a person.

Holder Magic: Hero's Armory. Nemo has the ability to create a pocket dimension inside a chest with his emblem and place weapons there to be summoned for later use. Unfortunately, the chest he used to have has long ago rotted away, along with its contents, so he has nothing to summon as of now.
    Alright, just saying off the bat I love the character but...the magic is...really really powerful. I know you haven't read the manga so I'll try to go about it gentle like. Just on Body Manipulation alone he has several powers within it that some of the strongest characters in the actual story line which are their only magic. Iron Form and Titan Form specifically. The actual GM of Fairy Tail has Titan Form for his magic and he's been almost unbeatable. The fact that he can use it with his other Forms...makes his Body Manipulation just to powerful as is. Eldritch Soul is pretty well balanced, honestly really no complains about it. Holder Magic as well.
    Last edited by Tebryn; 2011-11-10 at 04:17 PM.

18. - Top - End - #108
    Ogre in the Playground

Also, a lot of the otherwise really broken stuff (Midnight, we're looking at you) can't affect organic material. Good thing to keep in mind in character creation.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

19. - Top - End - #109
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tebryn View Post
    Iron Form and Titan Form specifically. The actual GM of Fairy Tail has Titan Form for his magic and he's been almost unbeatable.
    Aye, I noticed Titan magic, hence the name for Nemo's power. The important distinction between canonical Titan Magic and Nemo's version is that while Nemo grows larger than he is, he doesn't grow to Kaiju levels like the canonical user.

For the Iron Form, my idea for Nemo's ability is actually based on Tekkai, a Rokushiki ability from One Piece. The idea is that he doesn't become real iron, just hard like it while otherwise remaining flesh and blood. Can you link me to the canonical user of the ability to give me a point of comparison?
    Last edited by Frozen_Feet; 2011-11-10 at 04:43 PM.

20. - Top - End - #110
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Aye, I noticed Titan magic, hence the name for Nemo's power. The important distinction between canonical Titan Magic and Nemo's version is that while Nemo grows larger than he is, he doesn't grow to Kaiju levels like the canonical user.

For the Iron Form, my idea for Nemo's ability is actually based on Tekkai, a Rokushiki ability from One Piece. The idea is that he doesn't become real iron, just hard like it while otherwise remaining flesh and blood. Can you link me to the canonical user of the ability to give me a point of comparison?
    Personally, I think that all the magics are fine as long as they aren't actually combinable. Otherwise it makes a powerful demon form almost completely invulnerable as well. Titan form isn't that broken, at least not at the limitations presented here. Elfman's magic was similar once he got full-body take over magic to work. But if Eldritch Soul can be combined with Body Manipulation, or even different Body Manipulations combining with one another, then it becomes near invincible.

EDIT: And from the description, it sounds like you'd want your character to get even more forms in the future. If the forms can be combined, that has potential to get really broken, fast.
    Last edited by DiscipleofBob; 2011-11-10 at 04:52 PM.

21. - Top - End - #111
    Ogre in the Playground

Personally, I think that all the magics are fine as long as they aren't actually combinable. Otherwise it makes a powerful demon form almost completely invulnerable as well. Titan form isn't that broken, at least not at the limitations presented here. Elfman's magic was similar once he got full-body take over magic to work. But if Eldritch Soul can be combined with Body Manipulation, or even different Body Manipulations combining with one another, then it becomes near invincible.

EDIT: And from the description, it sounds like you'd want your character to get even more forms in the future. If the forms can be combined, that has potential to get really broken, fast.
    This was the main issue really. I would still say trim the body manipulation forms down however but so long as he can't combine any of his magics (and forms) he's not so terrible.

22. - Top - End - #112
    Ettin in the Playground

Personally, I think that all the magics are fine as long as they aren't actually combinable. Otherwise it makes a powerful demon form almost completely invulnerable as well.
    Not really. Between the different combinations, he's very resilient to physical blows and immune to poison and sight-based attacks, but none of his abilities protect him much from, say, baying burned, frozen, electrocuted or smacked with ill-defined darkness energy.

Titan form isn't that broken, at least not at the limitations presented here. Elfman's magic was similar once he got full-body take over magic to work.
    Elfman was my main point of reference for the ability. I don't have a good idea how big Elfman is in his Full-Body Take Over, but the idea was for Nemo to be able to grow similarly large. However, it didn't really fit with how I imagined Nemo's Take Over to work, so I split it off to a skill of its own, hence Body Manipulation: Titan Form.

But if Eldritch Soul can be combined with Body Manipulation, or even different Body Manipulations combining with one another, then it becomes near invincible.
    As I've currently planned it, he can mix and match Eldritch Soul parts freely with each other, and combine them with Titan Form plus one other form at a time, plus Life Return if injured.

From reading Fairy Tail Wiki, it seems to me Take Over usually gives ill-defined boost to physical strenght and endurance. Mirajane, for example, can punch through stone, or stop Elfman's punch with one hand. Nemo's Take Over doesn't do that, since like growing larger, I separated his physical boosts into Body Manipulation.

Even with full Eldritch Soul and Titan Form activated, I don't really see how Nemo is "near invincible". Paper and Sludge Form make him harder to hit, but don't otherwise increase his resistance to damage. Rubber and Iron Forms are there to make him "on par" with canonic Take Over users, emulating their increases to strenght and durability.

EDIT: And from the description, it sounds like you'd want your character to get even more forms in the future.
    Not really. I expect Nemo to only be fighting against other PCs, and I don't expect people letting him eat them. So unless someone suddenly desires to create a host of disposable demon minions for him to devour, his Take Over is pretty much set. I expect him to improve more through Holder Magic, as I think someone giving him a weapon is more likely. Body Manipulation is also set, I have no intentions of giving him any more forms.

If the forms can be combined, that has potential to get really broken, fast.
    As far as I see, none of the current combinations are broken. If you disagree, could you elaborate? I agree his powers could improve dramatically if allowed more Take Overs, but I can't tell whether hypothetical combinations would be broken or not - I have to see that if a chance comes for him to eat someone.

23. - Top - End - #113
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Not really. Between the different combinations, he's very resilient to physical blows and immune to poison and sight-based attacks, but none of his abilities protect him much from, say, baying burned, frozen, electrocuted or smacked with ill-defined darkness energy.

Elfman was my main point of reference for the ability. I don't have a good idea how big Elfman is in his Full-Body Take Over, but the idea was for Nemo to be able to grow similarly large. However, it didn't really fit with how I imagined Nemo's Take Over to work, so I split it off to a skill of its own, hence Body Manipulation: Titan Form.

As I've currently planned it, he can mix and match Eldritch Soul parts freely with each other, and combine them with Titan Form plus one other form at a time, plus Life Return if injured.

From reading Fairy Tail Wiki, it seems to me Take Over usually gives ill-defined boost to physical strenght and endurance. Mirajane, for example, can punch through stone, or stop Elfman's punch with one hand. Nemo's Take Over doesn't do that, since like growing larger, I separated his physical boosts into Body Manipulation.

Even with full Eldritch Soul and Titan Form activated, I don't really see how Nemo is "near invincible". Paper and Sludge Form make him harder to hit, but don't otherwise increase his resistance to damage. Rubber and Iron Forms are there to make him "on par" with canonic Take Over users, emulating their increases to strenght and durability.

Not really. I expect Nemo to only be fighting against other PCs, and I don't expect people letting him eat them. So unless someone suddenly desires to create a host of disposable demon minions for him to devour, his Take Over is pretty much set. I expect him to improve more through Holder Magic, as I think someone giving him a weapon is more likely. Body Manipulation is also set, I have no intentions of giving him any more forms.

As far as I see, none of the current combinations are broken. If you disagree, could you elaborate? I agree his powers could improve dramatically if allowed more Take Overs, but I can't tell whether hypothetical combinations would be broken or not - I have to see that if a chance comes for him to eat someone.
    The Eldritch Soul parts mixing with each other isn't something I personally mind, as they could all very well be parts from the same demon. It's when they combine with the Body Manipulation that we start to get concerned.

Eldritch Soul + Titan Form = Giant demon is actually pretty standard for Take Over magic actually.

Eldritch Soul + Titan Form + Sludge Form = Okay, so now he's a giant demon ooze monster who is near invulnerable to physical attacks. Replace Sludge Form with Paper Form and now he's a giant demon monster who can fly. Or with Rubber Form now he's a giant demon monster who's near invulnerable physical attacks and can conceivable stretch its limbs. The fact that he has multiple defensive forms to get combinations out of also means that there's multiple ways to defend against a large variety of attacks.

Eldritch Soul + Titan Form + any defensive Form + Life Return = So now whatever damage someone DOES manage to inflict is regenerated? We've officially crossed into monster-movie territory where he really can't be injured but can dish out tons of pain. That's the type of Mage who could conceivably take on all of Fairy Tail at once and win.

Contrast the proposed alternative, where if he does have to select between Eldritch Soul and his other forms, he still gets several useful defensive forms and one that can heal himself, but it would mean not being able to continue fighting in his full-blown Eldritch Soul in the meantime. Even with this change, the character's still in the running for most powerful character in the RP thus far.

Perhaps we're envisioning his defensive forms being far more useful than you are. Contrast another Take-Over magic user: Mirajane, who is easily S-class and one of the most powerful characters of canon Fairy Tail, but her only demon form is a flying succubus-like-creature with the usual physical boosts and some darkness energy attacks, and even then it has the limitation of only being usable for a duration.

24. - Top - End - #114
    Ettin in the Playground

The Eldritch Soul parts mixing with each other isn't something I personally mind, as they could all very well be parts from the same demon. It's when they combine with the Body Manipulation that we start to get concerned.

Perhaps we're envisioning his defensive forms being far more useful than you are.
    This is possible. I'll try to give you a detailed breakdown of how I envision the powers, and edit Nemo's bio as needed.

Eldritch Soul + Titan Form = Giant demon is actually pretty standard for Take Over magic actually.
    Good, this is what I was aiming for. This means I can focus on Body Manipulations and how they interact.

Eldritch Soul + Titan Form + Sludge Form = Okay, so now he's a giant demon ooze monster who is near invulnerable to physical attacks. Replace Sludge Form with Paper Form and now he's a giant demon monster who can fly. Or with Rubber Form now he's a giant demon monster who's near invulnerable physical attacks and can conceivable stretch its limbs. The fact that he has multiple defensive forms to get combinations out of also means that there's multiple ways to defend against a large variety of attacks.
    Sludge is not supposed to be immunity damage. Think of a quicksilver blob and how it tends to slide to one side of a blade if you try to cut it - it's hard, but if you're precise enough, you can split it. Likewise, if you smash it with enough force, it'll break. Nemo stays and has to stay in one piece even in Sludge Form, or he'll be injured (as usual). Main advantage of this form is mobility.

Paper makes him hard to hit and allows him to float down safely (he has wings for actual flight), but otherwise doesn't really mitigate damage. Nemo doesn't have much offensive capability in this form due to being so light. Main advantage of this form is stealth.

Rubber retains some flexibility of Sludge while allowing for increased physical strenght and endurance. I don't imagine Nemo actually stretching that much, only to about 1.5 times his original lenght. Rubber makes him near-immune to blunt trauma, but cutting and piercing attacks still work.

Iron makes Nemo's limbs equivalent to weapons, having the highest offense, and protects well from all sorts of physical trauma, having highest defense also. It makes him heavier and slower, thus having worst mobility.

Eldritch Soul + Titan Form + any defensive Form + Life Return = So now whatever damage someone DOES manage to inflict is regenerated? We've officially crossed into monster-movie territory where he really can't be injured but can dish out tons of pain. That's the type of Mage who could conceivably take on all of Fairy Tail at once and win.
    As I tried to explain, Life Return is not true regeneration. It doesn't allow Nemo to recreate lost tissue from nothing. If, for example, he lost a limb, he couldn't grow it back - he might be able to reattach it, but if his focus is broken, the limb will fall off again.

I can't really see him taking on a whole guild. Especially the canonical one has way too many powerful elementalists who could obliterate Nemo before he even got to range.

Contrast the proposed alternative, where if he does have to select between Eldritch Soul and his other forms, he still gets several useful defensive forms and one that can heal himself, but it would mean not being able to continue fighting in his full-blown Eldritch Soul in the meantime.
    Another alternative: Nemo can combine Titan Form plus one other form with Eldritch Soul, but can't change those forms without dispelling his Take Over first. In addition, using Life Return forces him to deactivate any other Body Manipulations.

Contrast another Take-Over magic user: Mirajane, who is easily S-class and one of the most powerful characters of canon Fairy Tail, but her only demon form is a flying succubus-like-creature with the usual physical boosts and some darkness energy attacks, and even then it has the limitation of only being usable for a duration.
    I find Mirajane a poor point of comparison, because while her Take Over is fairly bland, she has loads of unrelated abilities, namely Dark, Sleep, Water and Transformation magic. The second-to-last allows her to lift and manipulate a whole river, and the last allows her to change her appearance and clothes to those of other people, or even other species. Nemo doesn't really compare to that.

I don't know how typical Mirajane is for S-rank, or what is the treshold for being S-rank, but while Nemo's shapeshfting might be more sophisticated, he loses out pretty hard in offense and magnitude of powers.

25. - Top - End - #115
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Name:Kuhn Calbreeze, Zooming Death
    Hieght:5'10
    Weight:153 lbs
    Magic:Steel/Metal Magic, High Speed magic
    Blood Type:+A
    Guild:Fairy Tale

Appearance
    Spoiler
    Show
    Kuhn is a handsome youth with a boyish face and black spiked up hair. He has steel gray eyes and almost always has a smile on his face. He wears a black suit and pants with a white undershirt. When he is feeling more festive he wears an orange blazer with black pants and an orange tie. He is usually seen smoking a cigar, possibly Cuban, for stress relief and to show off.

Background:

Spoiler
    Show
    Kuhn used to be a second class citizen along with his family. In order to help pay dues at their home, which they were about to be evicted out of Kuhn went to work for nobles as their butler at the tender age of 10. He did chores around the house, served them their dinner and protected them. Kuhn was forced to protect their lives even thought they would spit on him for his class, in return they would help him pay for his families home and pay them money. So Kuhn in order to do his job well and protect his family learned magic. He did his job well for many years, protecting the Man and Woman who hired him to the best of his abilities. One however he had enough. Their comments about him were tolerable, however once they started insulting his family he quit raging at his masters and throwing every insult at them that he had been holding back for 8 years. It was not even a week after that the family had been killed by assassins. Kuhn joined Fairy Tale in order to help his family in their constant state of poverty and to protect them with everything that he had.

Magic

Spoiler
    Show

Steel/Metal magic: This magic allows Kuhn to create and control metal. His main use of this power is the micro-filament wires (razor sharp wires. Ex Walter's wires from the Hellsing Ultimate OVA's) that he uses that are stored in a pair of old gloves that he has that were his families prized possession and was passed down from father to oldest son. Using Steel/Metal magic he can control the wires to a great degree, even better that his father used to be able to. They practically obey his thought is what his little brother would say.

High Speed Magic: This is Kuhn's secondary magic and what completes his deadly combo. Kuhn's High speed magic allow him to move at incredible speeds typically becoming a blur to those who don't have means of tracking high speed movement. His agility is also boosted as well as his leg strength meaning that his kicks pack a real punch. By combining this magic with his Steel/Metal magic and his wires he becomes a lean mean fighting machine. Unless they have a strong defense Kuhn can usually slice most people and objects to pieces.

Other Powers

Spoiler
    Show

Kickboxing:To complement his immense leg strength when using High Speed magic Kuhn learned Kickboxing. It helps for when his wires and Metal magic are useless.

Enhanced durability:This is a must considering the speeds that Kuhn can reach. It also allows him to take a hit in combat.

Weapons Technician:Kuhn is capable of using a wide variety of weapons to a respectable degree. His best weapon are the wires but he will use others if he feels the opponent is not worth the wires or if they fail.

This better guys?

26. - Top - End - #116
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

stuff.
    To be honest, I forgot about Mirajane's Water (and in one case according to the Wiki, Lightning) spells, but those were also both in her demon form, so chock up some elemental stuff to her Take Over magic as well I guess.

As for Sleep and Transformation magic, in the context of Fairy Tail, they weren't really as powerful as you might think. Transformation magic (not the Take Over magic) is purely illusion-based. The only time it was used for anything but a gag was when Mirajane pretended to be Lucy in order to fool Phantom Lord, and even then Phantom Lord quickly saw through the con. Sleep magic we haven't seen that much of, but based on what we've seen, it's easily avoidable and has a short range. These are both little side magics that a lot of mages could probably learn no problem, like the one magic a merchant tried to sell to Lucy which lets you change the color of your clothes.

I think the compromise you offered including the more in-depth descriptions of the limitations of each form, could work, but I think Tebryn gets the final word.

27. - Top - End - #117
    Ogre in the Playground

Looks fine with all the clarification and all that.

28. - Top - End - #118
    Ettin in the Playground

Okay. Edited clarifications to Nemo's bio. Now I'm just waiting for the game to start. Any suggestion on who's going to find Nemo are welcome.

29. - Top - End - #119

Sayd may be a good candidate, since he spends so much time in out of the way places.
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

30. - Top - End - #120
    Ettin in the Playground

He sounds like a good candidate, yes. Maybe, at the start of the game, he'll tackle some minor Dark Guild who are just in the process of summoning a "demon"?

EDIT: a minor question of the setting: Magic Seals and Auras seem to be mentioned on few occasions in the wiki, but they aren't elaborated on. (At least I didn't find any page for them.) Did I get this right: Seals are personalized magic emblems each magic user can have, while auras are standard Shonen battle auras?
    Last edited by Frozen_Feet; 2011-11-12 at 01:14 PM.