New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AVB - Lethos

1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default AVB - Lethos

Private thread for stack and DM only.

Walking out of the administration building, Lethos wanders around the campus a bit. Unfortunately, the buildings aren't labeled, at least not in any way that he recognizes.
    Homebrewer's extended signature

Trophies and Awards
    Spoiler
    Show
    Click an award to see the entry.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: AVB - Lethos

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeriah View Post
    Private thread for stack and DM only.

Walking out of the administration building, Lethos wanders around the campus a bit. Unfortunately, the buildings aren't labeled, at least not in any way that he recognizes.

Hmm...maybe I should have asked for a map? Let's see...if that is high energy magic then would that be postmortem communications? Bah, I'll just ask someone.

He seeks out a passing student to get directions to the building where his class will be held. Should also ask about a reasonable place to stay. Burned enough money signing up for this class. Hope it is worthwhile.
    Spoiler
    Show
    gather info (1d20+1)[3] for (1d4)[1] hours if needed

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Gather Information is actually 1d4+1 hours. Everyone forgets the +1.
    A passing student easily points him to his building.

"It's that tall one there, the first one past the dorms."

He finds no information about a place to stay...

Trophies and Awards
    Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Gather Information is actually 1d4+1 hours. Everyone forgets the +1.
    A passing student easily points him to his building.

"It's that tall one there, the first one past the dorms."

He finds no information about a place to stay...
    "Thank you. Good day." I believe I saw an inn back at the square. Perhaps I will seek accommodations there for now. Afterwords, exploring. There is much of the city yet to see. Perhaps I should take a view from above? Or would it be better not to be marked? Certainly there are enough able to fly here...

To the inn first. The Sad Flint, was it? Odd name, perhaps there is a story there.

He turns away from the student and walks back to the square, taking a different route so as to acquaint himself with more of the city. He keeps an eye out for any place that looks like it may need the services of a scribe as he goes.

Perhaps I will seek out the Temple later. Should have went there first, come to think of it. All these new sights have me distracted.

Spoiler
    Show
    heading into the Sad Flint, unless something come up along the way. What time of day is it now?

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

The interior of the Sad Flint is quite crowded. People are coming and going all over the rather large barroom. Patrons of any possible description abound, most content to drink the beers in their hands. No one bothers to turn their head when yet another patron walks in. The atmosphere of the place is slightly dingy, but comfortable.

A lone half-giant is serving as the bartender at the long bar across from the entrance. Round tables with an average of four chairs each litter the common area, although several have borrowed chairs from others nearby. More than half of them seem occupied by patrons of some description and number. A pair of armored bouncers guard a double door along the west wall.

Barmaids of many different races weave in and out of the traffic, delivering food and drinks, as well as picking up empty crockery and more than a few pick-up lines.

Trophies and Awards
    Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    The interior of the Sad Flint is quite crowded. People are coming and going all over the rather large barroom. Patrons of any possible description abound, most content to drink the beers in their hands. No one bothers to turn their head when yet another patron walks in. The atmosphere of the place is slightly dingy, but comfortable.

A lone half-giant is serving as the bartender at the long bar across from the entrance. Round tables with an average of four chairs each litter the common area, although several have borrowed chairs from others nearby. More than half of them seem occupied by patrons of some description and number. A pair of armored bouncers guard a double door along the west wall.

Barmaids of many different races weave in and out of the traffic, delivering food and drinks, as well as picking up empty crockery and more than a few pick-up lines.

Lethos takes the room in for a moment before approaching the barkeep. "A glass of wine, if you please. Something southern and white, if possible. Also, might I inquire about a room? Any discount for long term occupancy?"

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

The barkeep eyes you a second before pouring from a bottle of wine.

"3 gold.

Rooms are 5 a night for a single. No discounts."

Trophies and Awards
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #8
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    The barkeep eyes you a second before pouring from a bottle of wine.

"3 gold.

Rooms are 5 a night for a single. No discounts."

Lethos hands over the coins. "I'm new in town, as you likely guessed. There anyone about in need of a scribe. I could use a steady income."

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

"Do I look like a billboard to you? I pour drinks and take your money. I don't advertise."

Trophies and Awards
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #10
    Titan in the Playground

"Do I look like a billboard to you? I pour drinks and take your money. I don't advertise."

"Of course. Thank you."

Spoiler
    Show
    What time of day is it now?

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Early afternoon. It's always early afternoon in Aldhaven unless I specifically say otherwise. Time on this plane is highly fluid but likes to pool around 1:15PM.

Trophies and Awards
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #12
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Early afternoon. It's always early afternoon in Aldhaven unless I specifically say otherwise. Time on this plane is highly fluid but likes to pool around 1:15PM.
    Having pre-payed to reserve his room, Lethos spends a moment drinking before heading back onto the street. He inquires to the crier about directions to the temple district and sets off to find a temple or shrine of Bahamut.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

The bartender gives him an odd look as he leaves but says nothing.

Entering the Temple District, he finds himself outside the temple of Pelor, which is surrounded by the thick, circular outer wall. A sense of power seems to linger in the air. The large front door to the temple stands open, and can be seen from the gate in the wall, revealing a large statue of Pelor sitting cross legged with open arms, welcoming his children into the temple. A gold sun the size of a troll tops the temple.

Barely a block away stands the opposite of the grand temple of Pelor. The modest temple of Bahamut is simple and avoids the baroque and heavy ornamentations of many of the other temples. It seems to be made of rather plain stone, though the inside of front door is inlaid with Bahamut's holy symbol wrought in platinum, the only ornamentation visible on the temple.

Trophies and Awards
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #14
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    The bartender gives him an odd look as he leaves but says nothing.

Entering the Temple District, he finds himself outside the temple of Pelor, which is surrounded by the thick, circular outer wall. A sense of power seems to linger in the air. The large front door to the temple stands open, and can be seen from the gate in the wall, revealing a large statue of Pelor sitting cross legged with open arms, welcoming his children into the temple. A gold sun the size of a troll tops the temple.

Barely a block away stands the opposite of the grand temple of Pelor. The modest temple of Bahamut is simple and avoids the baroque and heavy ornamentations of many of the other temples. It seems to be made of rather plain stone, though the inside of front door is inlaid with Bahamut's holy symbol wrought in platinum, the only ornamentation visible on the temple.

Lethos walks in, looking for a priest to inquire about the events in the city.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

A dragonborn woman greets you at the door.

"Welcome to the temple of the Platinum Dragon."

Trophies and Awards
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #16
    Titan in the Playground

A dragonborn woman greets you at the door.

"Welcome to the temple of the Platinum Dragon."
    Lethos bows, in courtly manner.
    "Thank you. I have just arrived in the city and thought it wise to know where the temple is. A bit larger than the shrine in Verasione's lair. I also thought I would offer my services. I know little of the city, but I have a number of skills. Have you any use for a lowly scribe, touched by the power of the dragons?"

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry about not posting. I've been working so many back to back doubles and kept falling asleep as soon as I sat down to reply to anything.
    "Okay, but... who are you?"
    Last edited by Jeriah; 2012-02-06 at 10:38 AM.

Trophies and Awards
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #18
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry about not posting. I've been working so many back to back doubles and kept falling asleep as soon as I sat down to reply to anything.
    "Okay, but... who are you?"
    Lethos looks chagrined. "Of course, where are my manners? I am Lethos Drake. I was trained by the mighty silver Verasione, whom you may have heard of. He wishes to know more of the happenings in the city and has dispatched me to do so."

Spoiler
    Show
    Everybody has busy stretches. Let me know if you need a few days.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground

"A silver, you say, sent you to Aldhaven? That's quite... interesting. Tell me more about this Verasione?"

Trophies and Awards
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #20
    Titan in the Playground

"A silver, you say, sent you to Aldhaven? That's quite... interesting. Tell me more about this Verasione?"

"Of course. He is, as I said, of the silver race, ancient by human reckoning though not yet old by dragon. He makes his lair in the mountains to the east. I was chosen to serve him from a young age, he takes great interest in the affairs of the younger races. It seems Aldhaven has made his notice."

Spoiler
    Show
    I don't know the geography that well, so i am presuming somewhere to the east there may be mountains. If not, the direction isn't terribly important anyhow.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Fortunately for you, the only direction there are mountains is to the east.
    "Interesting. I'll need to put you in touch with someone. We'd like to have you help out here, but it seems like you're going to need to meet this person first. I'd suggest not doing anything more until you meet them. It's really in your own best interest. Do you have something on which to write?"
    Last edited by Jeriah; 2012-02-06 at 12:52 PM.

Trophies and Awards
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #22
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Fortunately for you, the only direction there are mountains is to the east.
    "Interesting. I'll need to put you in touch with someone. We'd like to have you help out here, but it seems like you're going to need to meet this person first. I'd suggest not doing anything more until you meet them. It's really in your own best interest. Do you have something on which to write?"
    "Of course." Lethos reaches into his haversack and produces a quill, ink, and parchment. "I understand that due caution must be excercised. Will this meeting be today, or shall I return another time? I have engaged to spend some time in the mornings at the local university, but the rest of my days are open as of yet."

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

"His name is Damier Licorta, and you'll have to meet him on his schedule."

She gives you an address in Old Town.

Trophies and Awards
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #24
    Titan in the Playground

"His name is Damier Licorta, and you'll have to meet him on his schedule."

She gives you an address in Old Town.

"Of course. I shall inquire there presently. I shall tell him you sent me. Good day and thank you for your help."
    He bows and leaves the temple, making his way as best he could to Old town to see where this note would lead him.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Titan in the Playground

Lethos casts summon DM IV

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground

The building in Old Town appears to be a small government office of some sort, though it isn't immediately apparent which it is from outside.

Trophies and Awards
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #27
    Titan in the Playground

The building in Old Town appears to be a small government office of some sort, though it isn't immediately apparent which it is from outside.

Why would I have to come to such a place in order to aid the servants of the platinum dragon? This is growing strange. Still, nothing to do but proceed.

He strides to the door, (Presuming a government office is open) and enters, inquiring after obtaining an audience with Damier Licorta to the first person you appears to work there.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground

The receptionist quickly points you to Lord Licorta's office, the door of which is closed.

Trophies and Awards
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #29
    Titan in the Playground

The receptionist quickly points you to Lord Licorta's office, the door of which is closed.
    "Of course. Thank you. Shall I knock, or do I need to be announced? Or is he otherwise engaged." I see polite civil service is somewhat beyond this office. I hope her superior is more capable. However, if it were a trap, they would make it inviting.

(If told to knock, he will, and introduce himself.)

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground

You knock and enter. He looks up at you over a pair of spectacles as you enter.

"May I help you?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry, but the way you handle this will determine the outcome. It matters how you introduce yourself, so I can't just skip over it.

Trophies and Awards
    Spoiler
    Show