New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 20 of 38 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021222324252627282930 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #571
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Blazing hate A fire red nuzlocke

No, I mean we had him back for a second...
    LPs that I like to think I will get back to some day.

To Make a Fan: Let's Play Final Fantasy

Let's Play Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones

2. - Top - End - #572
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by YakYak View Post
    No, I mean we had him back for a second...
    But it was only because the Wigglytuff was hot. Clearly the solution to Endo's predicament is to surround him with hot chicks. Which he will then proceed to infest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

3. - Top - End - #573
    Ogre in the Playground

Put That In The Epilouge!!!! Put That In The Epilouge!!!!

EDIT: Dang, it filters caps lock...
    Last edited by RagingKrikkit; 2012-04-03 at 06:42 PM.

4. - Top - End - #574
    Dwarf in the Playground

Thumbs up Re: Blazing hate A fire red nuzlocke

Haddock crossed a few lines. I just want revenge by him crossing more.
    doll avatar by Recaiden
    I'm not a weird, odd, or unusual human. Just a shiny one.
    This is what I do in my free time
    Dread Pirate Roberts in the playground

5. - Top - End - #575

Put That In The Epilouge!!!! Put That In The Epilouge!!!!

EDIT: Dang, it filters caps lock...
    What if Endo dies? It only takes one surprise Fire or Flying attack

Quote Originally Posted by Guest#1 View Post
    Haddock crossed a few lines. I just want revenge by him crossing more.
    But compared to what he did. Is Melinda manipulating him to evolve that bad?

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

6. - Top - End - #576
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Illven View Post

But compared to what he did. Is Melinda manipulating him to evolve that bad?
    I don't care what she did to Haddock. I'm mad because she gave dee the permission to hurt Illven. I like Illven! He isn't evil and shares my views!
    doll avatar by Recaiden

7. - Top - End - #577
    Ogre in the Playground

Then he goes to the afterlife where he gets his groove on with all the hot female ghosts (which are capable of laying eggs for some inexplicable reason...)

8. - Top - End - #578

I don't care what she did to Haddock. I'm mad because she gave dee the permission to hurt Illven. I like Illven! He isn't evil and shares my views!
    Look at it from her point of view. As far as she's aware he abandoned her. Is it really that evil to want revenge on a parent that just one day decided to leave. (She's totally wrong, Illven did willingly leave, he was kidnapped again, but that's what she believes.)

Then he goes to the afterlife where he gets his groove on with all the hot female ghosts (which are capable of laying eggs for some inexplicable reason...)
    But no ghost pokemon has cute charm. (And if they led eggs that would be spreading the shrooms)

9. - Top - End - #579
    Ogre in the Playground

But he'll still have attract. Know what, screw it, go deus ex machinima on it, but that must get written!

10. - Top - End - #580

But he'll still have attract. Know what, screw it, go deus ex machinima on it, but that must get written!
    I can write a non-canon version of it. (i.e A dream)

Or maybe you could.

11. - Top - End - #581
    Ogre in the Playground

Perhaps... I have soooooo many slightly started or pending writing projects.

Idea: Fan Fiction!!!!!!!!

12. - Top - End - #582
    Titan in the Playground

Look at it from her point of view. As far as she's aware he abandoned her. Is it really that evil to want revenge on a parent that just one day decided to leave. (She's totally wrong, Illven did willingly leave, he was kidnapped again, but that's what she believes.)

But no ghost pokemon has cute charm. (And if they led eggs that would be spreading the shrooms)
    But it's the afterlife. The shrooms are their own entity, and so would be judged seperatly.
    Awesome avatar by Cuthalion

Spoiler: Old Avatars
    Show

By Ceika, Ceika, Linklel (Except for one that appears to be lost to time)

13. - Top - End - #583
    Dwarf in the Playground

I would plot my own revenge for my own reasons, not let someone else do the work for a bad reason. Revenge is a personal thing. Plus, im still mad at her for what she did to sunspot
    doll avatar by Recaiden

14. - Top - End - #584

Perhaps... I have soooooo many slightly started or pending writing projects.

Idea: Fan Fiction!!!!!!!!
    You know you want to. I'd post a link to it in the first post.

Quote Originally Posted by Esprit15 View Post
    But it's the afterlife. The shrooms are their own entity, and so would be judged seperatly.
    Yes, because we all know Arceus is an unending beacon of fairness and Goodness. And never under any circumstances created a race of "play" addicts to fix the male only species problem.

Honestly I really could see Arceus punishing both shrooms and Endo. (Mostly because I don't want to think what would happen to a Parasect without it's shrooms) Also because it would be funny to Arceus.

I would plot my own revenge for my own reasons, not let someone else do the work for a bad reason. Revenge is a personal thing. Plus, im still mad at her for what she did to sunspot
    So if Melinda did it it's okay. But having the other pokemon that has every reason to also want revenge do it is wrong?

But Sunspot was a murderer.
    Last edited by Illven; 2012-04-03 at 11:54 PM.

15. - Top - End - #585
    Titan in the Playground

Hm, touché. Though I would want to see a Parasect without it's shrooms. A properly grown Paras, as opposed to an infested husk.

Show

16. - Top - End - #586

Hm, touché. Though I would want to see a Parasect without it's shrooms. A properly grown Paras, as opposed to an infested husk.
    Well there will always be next gen.

17. - Top - End - #587
    Dwarf in the Playground

Paras is based off of a *cicada. Perhaps a Nincada is an uninfected Paras. Which would make Ninjask an uninfected Parasect.

*There's a type of fungus that attacks Cicadas. It lies dormant for 13 or 17 years. That ALSO happens to be when the Magicicadas emerge. So the nymphs coming out of the ground pick up the mushroom before they molt into their adult forms. Then it mushroom grows inside them until their abdomen splits. But the cicada still flies around and mates with the others. Spreading the 'shroom to the entire colony.
    Spoiler
    Show

So perhaps Nincada can pick it up as a baby. Then underground where it's moist and dark....the shrooms grow....Changing its body to be more suited for the shrooms dark purposes. Then once the body is grown enough the shrooms simply take it over. Emerging all the way out of the poor Nincada/Paras' back and then going wherever to infect more pokemon.
    Last edited by Pterocards; 2012-04-04 at 10:08 AM.

Looking to the past to uncover the future
    ----------------------------------------------------
    Homebrew Links: Coelacanth, FoWP Pricing.

18. - Top - End - #588

Quote Originally Posted by Koda the kobold View Post
    Paras is based off of a cicada. Perhaps a Nincada is an uninfected Paras. Which would make Ninjask an uninfected Parasect.
    And Shedinja?

19. - Top - End - #589
    Dwarf in the Playground

And Shedinja?
    Perhaps all Nincada are infected with the shroom. But if they can evolve before the shroom takes over their body and makes them a Paras then the Shrooms take over their old Exoskeleton....Or something? Then they fly around and enjoy being invincible and guard a Nincada who hasn't turned into a Paras yet to make sure no trainer will evolve it before it's time. Pretending to be it's friend...then moving along once it's too late...searching for the next victim of the shrooms.

So it's kinda like a pretend guardian angel gig. To make sure nothing like this happens to any other shrooms.

(Interesting side note, the only reason I know this stuff on cicadas and fungus that harasses them is because I am an entomologist in training. And I had a big period where I was obsessed with Cicadas.)
    Last edited by Pterocards; 2012-04-04 at 10:15 AM.

20. - Top - End - #590

Perhaps all Nincada are infected with the shroom. But if they can evolve before the shroom takes over their body and makes them a Paras then the Shrooms take over their old Exoskeleton....Or something? Then they fly around and enjoy being invincible and guard a Nincada who hasn't turned into a Paras yet to make sure no trainer will evolve it before it's time. Pretending to be it's friend...then moving along once it's too late...searching for the next victim of the shrooms.

So it's kinda like a pretend guardian angel gig. To make sure nothing like this happens to any other shrooms.

(Interesting side note, the only reason I know this stuff on cicadas and fungus that harasses them is because I am an entomologist in training. And I had a big period where I was obsessed with Cicadas.)
    Wait I have an idea. Nincada are the uninfested relatives of Paras. When it evolves the shell that is left behind is eventually overtaken by the shrooms. Which then do Shroomy things.

21. - Top - End - #591
    Dwarf in the Playground

That's essentially what I was saying. I tend to ramble. But wait...So Nincada and Paras are relatives? But not the same species then?

22. - Top - End - #592

That's essentially what I was saying. I tend to ramble. But wait...So Nincada and Paras are relatives? But not the same species then?
    Well unlike the Nido's and the Volbeat and Illumise's Nincada's cannot produce Paras's and vice-versa.

23. - Top - End - #593
    Dwarf in the Playground

That works. Yay writing pokemon biology is fun!
    Especially the nightmare kind!

24. - Top - End - #594
    Dwarf in the Playground

Koda, you're still obsessed with cicadas. Can't blame ya though, especially since the obsession leads to inventing pokemon factoids!
    doll avatar by Recaiden

25. - Top - End - #595
    Dwarf in the Playground

Koda, you're still obsessed with cicadas. Can't blame ya though, especially since the obsession leads to inventing pokemon factoids!
    There's a cicada on my head in my Avatar :D

26. - Top - End - #596

There's a cicada on my head in my Avatar :D
    Is it infested by fungi?

27. - Top - End - #597
    Titan in the Playground

I thought Paras being based on a crab didn't taste right. That actually would make a lot of sense. The only problem I have is that Paras's eyes and mouth are too different. The discoloring and change in stats is dismissal as coming from the infection, but Paras have (seemingly) functional eyes that bulge out while Nincada's are flat on its head. Nincada also have a mouth clearly designed for sucking out juices, while Paras seem to have one made for biting right into the roots.

Show

28. - Top - End - #598
    Bugbear in the Playground

Wow, I wander off for a few days, and you guys start creating exciting backstories for different pokemon!

Wait I have an idea. Nincada are the uninfested relatives of Paras. When it evolves the shell that is left behind is eventually overtaken by the shrooms. Which then do Shroomy things.
    I would suggest going with "some infested shells are taken over." Do you really want a world where magical, mostly immune to everything spores are commonplace and everywhere? Maybe the shell needs to be in a dark, moist environment for X days/weeks before the fungus becomes active, or it is burned out by sunlight in the early stages. Just a thought, since Shedninja are pretty rare in the games [as in: you cannot catch them, you need to make them].

In terms of new pokemon:

Doduo: B-Squared: Bert and Burt - two feuding siblings, they cannot get along. Their only solace is that their brother Birt moved out. That guy was an ass. On evolution - Birt comes back, somehow, and moves back in.

Hitmonlee: Mr. Tater - because I always have seen hitmonlee to look like a potato, and I don't think Mr. Potatohead would fit. He is a warrior monk from a far off land, who wishes to open a monastary/dojo in Jhoto.

Hitmonchan: Prof. Kipp - An explorer/gentleman adventurer straight out of the 19th century. His idea of scholarly study is wrestling some specimens to death and dissecting them in the lab. Wears boxing gloves at all times on the off chance he finds a specimen to beat down. Thinks of Melinda as his native guide, and talks down to her for being of an inferior stock.

Personally would prefer hitmonchan, but go with what you want.
    Happy Trixie Appreciation Day!

Old Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Stormpony Avatar by Dirtytabs

29. - Top - End - #599

I thought Paras being based on a crab didn't taste right. That actually would make a lot of sense. The only problem I have is that Paras's eyes and mouth are too different. The discoloring and change in stats is dismissal as coming from the infection, but Paras have (seemingly) functional eyes that bulge out while Nincada's are flat on its head. Nincada also have a mouth clearly designed for sucking out juices, while Paras seem to have one made for biting right into the roots.
    Well they are only cousins.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurgan View Post
    Wow, I wander off for a few days, and you guys start creating exciting backstories for different pokemon!

I would suggest going with "some infested shells are taken over." Do you really want a world where magical, mostly immune to everything spores are commonplace and everywhere? Maybe the shell needs to be in a dark, moist environment for X days/weeks before the fungus becomes active, or it is burned out by sunlight in the early stages. Just a thought, since Shedninja are pretty rare in the games [as in: you cannot catch them, you need to make them].
    Well yes I want it. But yeah most shells would corrode, most of the time only those in buildings, dank forests, and caves will be infected. (Leaving behind the odd Parasect that infects a out in the open shell)

30. - Top - End - #600
    Dwarf in the Playground

Simple biological changes the Shrooms do for their own nefarious purposes. Perhaps they perform a simple metamorphosis.

Is it infested by fungi?
    No! D:
    Last edited by Pterocards; 2012-04-04 at 06:44 PM.