New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 31 of 38 FirstFirst ... 6212223242526272829303132333435363738 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #901
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Blazing hate A fire red nuzlocke

So I have a present for you, kinda.

It's not an update, but I couldn't sleep tonight so I wrote a poem from Melinda's point of view. (Because trying to nuzlocke on a lack of sleep is a disaster waiting to happen)

Desire
    Spoiler
    Show

They all want me.

They always have.

They do not love me, they do not desire friendship.

Never to tell the secrets of everyday life too, never to have each others back.

They only want my body.

Sexy, Gorgeous, Beautiful. They use all these words and more when describing me.

But they never look at me when they say it. Always at what catches their eye on me.

Very few outside my family overcome this, and even then I can still tell what they are thinking.

Even girls are helpless to my charms.

Even when I do not try.

They put me on an altar, and worship my beauty.

But I'm not a goddess, I'm a woman.

I have fears, and hopes, and sorrow, and anger.

But I can't tell them that, they never care.

They want a goddess to worship, and not a fellow human.

Scorned for showing weakness, how can I help blocking myself off.

They invent myriads of reasons for why my rages are justified.

They want excuses.

After all the one you lust after shouldn't be evil, right?

But no one cares for the girl lost in the center of this.

Tugged and pulled, and admired and worshiped.

What's one to do when they get used to the worship?

For everyone would get used to it eventually.

What do you do when you meet those that see you for who you truly are?

They look past the appearance, and see a soul that is decayed and corrupted.

But even then they don't consider.

What made the soul that way in the first place?

They never try to fix you.

To calm you down and make your soul renew.

No they harp scorn and judgment upon it.

All anyone ever sees when they look at me is a lust object.

Or a terrible, fell creature.

And then they wonder why I am, what I am.

Tell me what you think, what I should improve, what you liked, and perhaps I'll write more poems in the future.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

2. - Top - End - #902
    Troll in the Playground

I've never been a fan of Melinda and I think now I know why. "I'm so beautiful that no one understands me" is pretty high on my list of "what makes a character unlikeable."
    Avatar Credit: the very talented PseudoStraw. Full image:
    Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #903

Quote Originally Posted by Xondoure View Post
    I've never been a fan of Melinda and I think now I know why. "I'm so beautiful that no one understands me" is pretty high on my list of "what makes a character unlikeable."
    I'm different in the sense that after a certain point adding more of a trait doesn't really help, and may hinder your life

(Also remember Melinda's biased towards herself)

She sees herself as over-attractive to the point that the benefits it gives are out-weighed by the drawbacks.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

4. - Top - End - #904
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

I always felt like the "girls wanting me" was in her head. She took things how she wanted to see them. Whether they actually happened or not is anyone's guess. Really, the whole "everybody wants me" may be nothing more than a delusion; a need for attention she never got. (From her father, at least, and maybe from others as well. Like Gary, or whatever his name is in this version)
    Last edited by Penguinator; 2012-11-20 at 02:52 PM.

Finally forced me into getting one of these.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

5. - Top - End - #905

Quote Originally Posted by Penguinator View Post
    I always felt like the "girls wanting me" was in her head. She took things how she wanted to see them. Whether they actually happened or not is anyone's guess. Really, the whole "everybody wants me" may be nothing more than a delusion; a need for attention she never got. (From her father, at least, and maybe from others as well. Like Gary, or whatever his name is in this version)
    Illven was only gone for a year or so, he gave her attention. (Illven may be an inept parent, but not a terrible one.) If Illven stayed for Fe 6 it would start to affect Damian, Alex, and Abby possibly.

That would be an interesting reading of it, but unfortunately I have to word of god that Melinda's correct (She may be over-thinking how much influence she has however) Because I do have basic backstories for the other three children and Melinda's power did influence things.

6. - Top - End - #906
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Illven View Post
    Illven was only gone for a year or so, he gave her attention. (Illven may be an inept parent, but not a terrible one.)
    Which makes all her complaints about him that much bitchier.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

7. - Top - End - #907
    Troll in the Playground

I'm different in the sense that after a certain point adding more of a trait doesn't really help, and may hinder your life

(Also remember Melinda's biased towards herself)

She sees herself as over-attractive to the point that the benefits it gives are out-weighed by the drawbacks.
    She's not exactly Alicia from Misfits. Normal humans can't be so attractive that all people think about them is "bang bang bang." However if someone is vapid enough that there's really nothing else about them apart from their looks it can be true. And in Melinda's case she also happens to be a horrible person.
    Avatar Credit: the very talented PseudoStraw. Full image:
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #908

Which makes all her complaints about him that much bitchier.
    Just wanted to clear that up though.

Quote Originally Posted by Xondoure View Post
    She's not exactly Alicia from Misfits. Normal humans can't be so attractive that all people think about them is "bang bang bang." However if someone is vapid enough that there's really nothing else about them apart from their looks it can be true. And in Melinda's case she also happens to be a horrible person.
    But Melinda might not be a normal ordinary human. We're talking about a world that has several psychics, and terrifying beasts of power.

Just so we're clear. I really don't sympathize with Melinda, because she's a horrible person. If she were neutral or good that might be different.

9. - Top - End - #909
    Titan in the Playground

She's hilariously self-centered and blames others for being a bitch when I'm pretty sure she was like that anyways.

I mean sure beautiful. but people constantly liking you for your looks shouldn't turn you into someone like Melinda.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

10. - Top - End - #910

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    She's hilariously self-centered and blames others for being a bitch when I'm pretty sure she was like that anyways.

I mean sure beautiful. but people constantly liking you for your looks shouldn't turn you into someone like Melinda.
    Yeah she was always a bitch, which made people only like her for her attractiveness, which made her more of a bitch. It's a vicious circle, she clearly started.

11. - Top - End - #911

Also I need to box one of my pokemon for someone that can surf, who should I box, and who should I use

12. - Top - End - #912
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Yeah she was always a bitch, which made people only like her for her attractiveness, which made her more of a bitch. It's a vicious circle, she clearly started.
    It's kind of like someone I know; my friend said it best: "*insert name* is really pretty. Then she opens her mouth."

Also I need to box one of my pokemon for someone that can surf, who should I box, and who should I use
    Karp Karp. "I own these waters, dammit! Everybody else, OUT!"

Edit: Oh, boxing. Uh... Thumbs? You're not likely to see too many Steel/Electric/Rock/Fire types on the water. I would say Red Baron, but I know what a pain it is to not have a Fly-er with you.
    Last edited by Penguinator; 2012-11-21 at 11:10 AM.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

13. - Top - End - #913

It's kind of like someone I know; my friend said it best: "*insert name* is really pretty. Then she opens her mouth."
    At least she's trying to be nicer. Slightly, maybe she'll end this run with a neutral alingment

14. - Top - End - #914
    Ogre in the Playground

It's an interesting look into her head, which you have been oh-so-kindly depriving us of this run. It really helps flesh her out as a character, at least to my mind. That poem indicates flat-out depresssion, but she (you?) did a really good job of hiding it all through the run. Derpression leading to a hardened, uncaring demeanor, immune to the outside world. Or so a viewer would tihnk. In reality, those words get inside her head, rot her soul, and as a result, she hardens her armor to try to keep it from happening again. I'm not going to try to victimise her, but that gave me a perspective into her mind that helped me think of her as a human being, and not the story's antagonist.

Now have Jango read Melinda's diary.
    LPs that I like to think I will get back to some day.

To Make a Fan: Let's Play Final Fantasy

Let's Play Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones

15. - Top - End - #915

Quote Originally Posted by YakYak View Post
    It's an interesting look into her head, which you have been oh-so-kindly depriving us of this run. It really helps flesh her out as a character, at least to my mind. That poem indicates flat-out depresssion, but she (you?) did a really good job of hiding it all through the run. Derpression leading to a hardened, uncaring demeanor, immune to the outside world. Or so a viewer would tihnk. In reality, those words get inside her head, rot her soul, and as a result, she hardens her armor to try to keep it from happening again. I'm not going to try to victimise her, but that gave me a perspective into her mind that helped me think of her as a human being, and not the story's antagonist.

Now have Jango read Melinda's diary.
    I'm not sure she can be an antagonist. Likely literally not.

Wouldn't she be a villain protagonist?

That would be her worse day ever.

16. - Top - End - #916
    Ogre in the Playground

Her Pokemon are the protagonists, Melinda is the villian, and PETA is the deus ex machinima.

17. - Top - End - #917

Her Pokemon are the protagonists, Melinda is the villian, and PETA is the deus ex machinima.
    So the run should end with the pokemon redeeming Melinda, or them killing her?

And whose side is PETA on?

I'll probably have an Illven centric poem up in a couple of days (Considering he's actually a sympathetic character I expect it to go over better.)

18. - Top - End - #918

Ch 35 Melinda's fetch quest!
    Spoiler
    Show

Oh Arceus, you're still here. Um okay, be polite.... Uh, sure Bill, I'll come with you...
    Oh Arceus, how can Bill ever withstand such enthusiasm
    Shut it. I'm trying here.

Wouldn't Vermillion have been easier for both involved?

Huh? I don't have cell service.

Don't tell me it's glitched.

That's wonderful! Did at any point you think, “Hmmm, let's tell Melinda that she won't have access to the PC for the duration of the trip!

Hi, Celio. Nice to meet you.

Thank you!

Hey, if it weren't for the PC system, it would be much harder and cost intensive to battle.
    Celio I suppose that's true. Thanks Melinda.

... Seriously. First it's not tell Melinda that she won't be able to access the PC, then “Hey, do me a favor?” Really pushing your luck here..... But *sigh* fine, what is it?

Do you owe him money, and I need to stave off the break your legs guys?

Oh, so I'm bribing him before he sends those guys.

If my legs get broken instead of yours, I'm sending my pokemon after you.

Huh?

Oh thank you!

Celio That's a map of the surrounding islands, so you don't get lost.
    Heh, thanks. But shouldn't Bill be giving all this stuff to me, He's the one getting me to do this errand.

\Your not being a bad host, I understand. Besides you're much better then Bill, you're not asking me to do errands after not telling me vital information.

And on my way to the dock, this pokemon comes out of the sea and attacks me, why do I get the feeling this trip is cursed?
    You know if I were a psychic type like I should be, I could tell if it was.
    Who are you?
    I'm Doctor Hopkins, A medical doctor that wants to know why we Psyducks, aren't psychic type. And you? I feel you are an important person, but beyond that it's not clear.
    I'm Melinda, god tamer.
    Interesting, can I come with? I'd like to ask some questions.

zzz Oh Arceus, why did you curse to a lack of psychic typing.
    Psyduck, the doctor pokemon. Psyducks want to be psychic type in addition to their water type. They intend to ask Arceus, why they weren't made that way in the first place.

Two island, please. I have a delivery to make.

Huh? I wonder what's this way.

And who are you?
    That is none of your concern.
    Arceus, I was just asking, no need to get snippy at me. Do you want to come along?
    Hmmm. That seems like a bad way to keep up my mysteries, but how can I call myself a true master at it, unless I avoid the probing gaze of several people and pokemon?
    Huh? What did you say?
    I believe I shall join your group.

zzzz, None shall pierce my mysteries.
    Goldeen, the Mystery pokemon. They place a high value on secrets.

Huh?

Um? I'm sorry miss.

Uh....

Biollante?
    Me!?

Miss, you are seriously starting to creep me out. Please start at the beginning.

Of course, he is. Biollante's amazing.
    Thank you Mommy!

Biollante, do you want to learn this ladies ultimate attack?
    Of course, Mommy! If I learn her ultimate attack, then I'll be ultimate at helping you.

Uh.... Thank you miss. I shall use it well.

Hey, Guy! I have a present from Bill in the hopes you don't break his legs.

I don't know, Lostelle, I'm from Bill.

*sigh* Yeah, yeah. I'll search three island.

Characters that speak in this update
    Spoiler
    Show

Melinda
    Biollante
    Dr.Hopkins
    Mystery

And so Melinda's fetch quest just got a little bit longer.

Comments are appreciated.

19. - Top - End - #919
    Ogre in the Playground

Pff, Melinda gets to a tropical island and her first thought is "I wonder if my phone works here?"

20. - Top - End - #920

Pff, Melinda gets to a tropical island and her first thought is "I wonder if my phone works here?"
    Teenager is my only explanation.

21. - Top - End - #921
    Ogre in the Playground

Teenager with cell phone, which I am glad to say that I am not.

22. - Top - End - #922

Teenager with cell phone, which I am glad to say that I am not.
    Also I'll admit I needed that line for something in the future.

23. - Top - End - #923
    Ogre in the Playground

Moltres is blocking my cell reception! KILL IT!!!

24. - Top - End - #924

Moltres is blocking my cell reception! KILL IT!!!
    She would never kill her trophy, just box it forever.

25. - Top - End - #925
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

...Ponyta is only on one island, isn't it?

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

26. - Top - End - #926

...Ponyta is only on one island, isn't it?
    Yes, but I haven't even tried to catch anything on Kindle road.

27. - Top - End - #927
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Oh, good...

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

28. - Top - End - #928
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

No worries Melinda this fetch quest will reward you with valuable XP and the chance to kick ass, and take names.

Spoiler
    Show
    I am a...

Lawful Good Human Wizard (3rd level)

Ability Scores:
    Strength- 14
    Dexterity- 16
    Constitution- 18
    Intelligence- 19
    Wisdom- 19
    Charisma- 14

29. - Top - End - #929
    Ettin in the Playground

To be fair, most people I know would want to make sure their phones had reception. Smartphones being useful, and all...

30. - Top - End - #930
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, these are things that I wouldn't know.