New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 38 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Blazing hate A fire red nuzlocke

Quote Originally Posted by Illven View Post
    Well Scep is more he thinks the world is a maze, and wants cake. But also learned that flesh is tasty. Also he just does need to eat pokemon because Rattatas are omnivores. And I hope for pratical purposes that I change the team. I'd much prefer Fearow, or Dordio for my flier, Rattata kinda just weak, Pcebro's the only one I can see keeping based on stats.

So persumably I'll get a route 3 catch, replace something with Magikarp, and something with the Mt.Moon catch. That should give you quite a few catchs to change a personality.
    I think scep is cool enough to be worth keeping around until sometime after Mt. Moon. I mean, other than geodude mt moon doesn't offer much unless you switch Pestilence out for a Paras. And, I'm not sure on this but does Magikarp count as the one mon you get from route 4? I'd just catch one when you get the old rod, prior to that training him seems like a colossal pain in the ass.

Personally, I feel Biolante, Spearow, Pcebro, Scep, Pestilance/Paras, and geodude are good. Unless you get a zubat, in which case 5 is probably good.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kjata View Post
    Unless you get a zubat, in which case 5 is probably good.
    Excuse me? I believe you mean when he catches a zubat.
    Awesome avatar by Cuthalion

Spoiler: Old Avatars
    Show

By Ceika, Ceika, Linklel (Except for one that appears to be lost to time)

3. - Top - End - #93
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kjata View Post
    I think scep is cool enough to be worth keeping around until sometime after Mt. Moon. I mean, other than geodude mt moon doesn't offer much unless you switch Pestilence out for a Paras. And, I'm not sure on this but does Magikarp count as the one mon you get from route 4? I'd just catch one when you get the old rod, prior to that training him seems like a colossal pain in the ass.

Personally, I feel Biolante, Spearow, Pcebro, Scep, Pestilance/Paras, and geodude are good. Unless you get a zubat, in which case 5 is probably good.
    I'll probably keep Pestilance due to Paras having two double weakness.

Quote Originally Posted by EspritRequin View Post
    Excuse me? I believe you mean when he catches a zubat.
    I might find other things in each area. As unlikely as it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Titan in the Playground

I'll probably keep Pestilance due to Paras having two double weakness.
    Though Paras would be nice in the next few gyms. Good against water, resists electricity, good against and resistant to grass, good against psychic, and good against ground in the last gym. But I'm biased against Butterfree, so ignore what I say.

Show

5. - Top - End - #95

Though Paras would be nice in the next few gyms. Good against water, resists electricity, good against and resistant to grass, good against psychic, and good against ground in the last gym. But I'm biased against Butterfree, so ignore what I say.
    Biollante is good against water, resistant against electricity. Doesn't have to worry about the poison that every gen 1 grass gets except Paras and Tangela. And good against ground.

I hope to have something for Sabrina.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, psychics were pretty OP'd in Gen I. The only thing good against them had no decent moves. Lick, twin needle and leech life. At least now there is bite and a few more bug moves. Could cross your fingers for a scyther in the safari zone.

Show

7. - Top - End - #97

Yeah, psychics were pretty OP'd in Gen I. The only thing good against them had no decent moves. Lick, twin needle and leech life. At least now there is bite and a few more bug moves. Could cross your fingers for a scyther in the safari zone.
    Or a Growlithe on Route 7 or 8. Evolve it to an Arcanine. Or Eevee

8. - Top - End - #98
    Bugbear in the Playground

Well, I see people are already putting suggestions up for Mt. Moon pokemon, so I figure I'll put forth my thoughts:

Zubat - Mynock: Vermin that loves to eat electrical parts, thats about it. Probably a good idea to keep him/her away from the Power Plant.

Geodude - The Boulder: Professional wrestler, always refers to himself in the third person and loves to show off his skills to the crowd.

Paras - Professor Snips (or Dr. Snips if it fits better) - A researcher who studies the effects of rare fungi. Due to a lack of volunteers, tests them on him/herself.
    Happy Trixie Appreciation Day!

Old Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Stormpony Avatar by Dirtytabs

9. - Top - End - #99
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kurgan View Post
    Well, I see people are already putting suggestions up for Mt. Moon pokemon, so I figure I'll put forth my thoughts:

Zubat - Mynock: Vermin that loves to eat electrical parts, thats about it. Probably a good idea to keep him/her away from the Power Plant.

Geodude - The Boulder: Professional wrestler, always refers to himself in the third person and loves to show off his skills to the crowd.

Paras - Professor Snips (or Dr. Snips if it fits better) - A researcher who studies the effects of rare fungi. Due to a lack of volunteers, tests them on him/herself.
    Clefairy: DJ Chubs. The fat DJ from the future. Enjoys music and clefairy nip. Gets mightily offended when people say that he's music's the same quality as his excrement.
    Awesome FE sprites done by Penguinator

My Homebrew:
    Spoiler
    Show

My characters

Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #100
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

I'll use the same Geodude suggestion I did last time.

SgtCrawler, a commander during the Bear Wars. Refers to other Pokemon as "Private" or "Soldier," and Illven as "General." Suffers from survivor guilt. His whole squad was wiped by an Ursaring.

Finally forced me into getting one of these.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

11. - Top - End - #101

Quote Originally Posted by Penguinator View Post
    I'll use the same Geodude suggestion I did last time.

SgtCrawler, a commander during the Bear Wars. Refers to other Pokemon as "Private" or "Soldier," and Illven as "General." Suffers from survivor guilt. His whole squad was wiped by an Ursaring.
    *cough* Melinda. No one knows where Illven is. Except maybe me.

12. - Top - End - #102
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

*cough* Melinda. No one knows where Illven is. Except maybe me.
    Oh, right. Right, right. I'm tired, okay?

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

13. - Top - End - #103

Oh, right. Right, right. I'm tired, okay?
    It's fine. Just making sure you are aware that there is a character change.

14. - Top - End - #104

Ch 4 In which we ruin people's innocence
    Spoiler
    Show

To reach Brock I would have to travel though Viridian forest.

That's good. Can't believe your parents would let you, but good for you.

Oh really, they can bring it!

Did you remember to weaken them?

Or don't answer my question, that works as well.
    Don't be mean to Mommy!

I'm sorry I'm a more successful pokemon catcher than you?

Oh okay. If you want.

Go Biollante.
    Rick Go Weedle

Biollante tackle!
    Okay Mommy!

And he turned it into gooey paste with one blow.

Am I a good son Mommy?
    The best Biollante.
    Yay! I wuv mommy.
    Useless bug, Go Caterpie.
    Scep your turn.

Scep quick attack!
    Caterpie string shot!

Wow really. You're going with string shot. Scep quick attack.

Food at last!!!

Yeah give me your money!
    Humph useless worthless bugs!

Um someone should really tell Memetic that.

Go Scep
    Doug Go weedle.

Unlike Biollante I had to be careful. Weedle's stinger carried a poison, that would sicken or kill Scep Scep quick attack.
    Weedle stringshot

What is it with everyone going with stringshot when I'm using high priority attacks. Scep quick attack.

Oh god so hungry!
    Make sure you don't eat the poison sac.
    Weedle... We were going to be BFF's
    Send out your next pokemon... Come on, remember you can't jam out in a trainer battle.
    *sob* Go Weedle.

Scep quick attack.
    Weedle poison sting

Scep quick-attack.

Yay more food!
    *sob* Please stop him
    Hey Scep's hungry, and you challenged me.
    *snort* Kakuna

It comes pre-packaged.
    Scep quick attack.

So tasty and tender *sob*

Kakuna you were only a day from hatching! I'm sorry *sob* I got you and your children killed!
    Shut up and give me my money.

*snerk* Trust me I won't.

Zephyr go!
    Anthony Caterpie go!

Zephyr gust!

Eh I'm full.
    Caterpie go!

Zephyr gust

You are not Pidgey's so you will be allowed to live.

Well deal with it.

You challenged me.

*face-palm* Just..Just send out your pokemon.

Pestilence go!
    Charlie Metapod go!

Pestilence confusion!
    Metapod harden!
    *Twitch* No comment.

Pestilence confusion.

Pestilence laughed with sadistic glee as he applied psychic powers on the cacoon. Nothing happened for a few seconds but then an eye burst, as a deformed caterpie shaped thing was violently tugged out of the small hole.
    What's the matter?! I thought bug was good against psychic! Yeah Scream! Give me your suffering!
    Caterpie go!
    Don't worry I'll avenge my mommy!

Oh. You are just adorable!
    Pestilence confusion!
    Caterpie tackle!
    Foul villain, my ram is the ram of justice!

Pestilence had thrown the Caterpie around, giving it many small nicks Pestilence confusion.

Pestilence had started on one of the nicks, tugging it and making it spread as the Caterpie screamed in agony. Once the wound had grown wide enough. Pestilence started removing organs.
    Oh I thought you were going to avenge mommy?
    Oh Arceus the agony! I'm sorry Mommy! I tried.
    I thought you loved mommy! You don't deserve his love!
    Go Metapod

Pestilence confusion
    Metapod harden.
    Really?

Pestilence confusion!

Your pokemon's suffering bought me joy.

I know

I'm not in a hurry.

Go Pestilence.
    Sammy Weedle, we have been best friends for 5 years, today. Today is the day that you'll evolve. Because we're best friends
    Weedle Yeah I know I can do it.

Pestilence use confusion.

Pestilence giggled as he went at the Weedle with it's psychic powers, ripping it apart and resealing the blood vessels.
    Oh Arceus kill me, kill me!!!!!
    Come on! Do it! Grab a rock and smash your best friend. It's the only way to save him from a life of agony. I'm not going to kill him, I like watching him suffer!
    *sob*
    Oh... please!!!! Kill me!!!!!!! Oh Arceus the pain!!!!!!
    And he did it.

Your suffering makes me strong!

I saw Gary fighting Brock the instant I went in the gym. His Butterfree was throwing it around. However at one point he left it too close to his head and the Geodude managed to reach out and start squeezing his head.
    Brock Now Geodude kill it, but don't remove your hand from it's head.
    Butterfree Ahhhh! I can't concentrate
    Geodude Okay Mommy! Mommy wants your death!
    The Geodude brought Gary's butterfree to the ground and started pounding it's chest until Gary's Butterfree's torso was a gooey paste. But Butterfree was screaming all the way through
    Butterfree Oh Arceus the pain. Save me Master Save me!
    Brock Send out your next pokemon.
    Gary I surrender.
    Brock You can't retreat from a trainer battle. Send out my next victim.
    After a moment's thought and with tears in his eyes he called out his next pokemon.
    Spearow Oh thank Arceus. You finally let me out. Thank you so much for trusting me Master. I know you have a Pidgey but... I'm being sent out to die aren't I?
    Gary I'm so sorry!
    Spearow I have to do this. Doesn't mean I have to forgive you.
    And the Geodude killed it in a single blow. Gary ran out of the gym only stopping to pick up his pokemon's corpses, or what he could of his Butterfree and ran past me. He didn't even see me. I knew we would need more training.

That should be enough Pcebro.
    We will kill Brock's pokemon for pacifism?
    Sure

I can't wait to see his pokemon scream!!!

Yes!

All the better to eat cake with!

Let's beat Brock. For Mommy!

Let's do this.

Get out of my way

*snerk* Biollante this man's pokemon are trying to steal my love for you. You do what you have to do.

I'LL KILL YOUR POKEMON SLOWLY!!!

Yeah that's what they get for trying to take Mommy's love!!!
    He was covered in Geodude and Sandshrew guts and organs.

...*face-palm*

I don't want to “play” with two people. Please don't try to pick me up that way.

Brock I challenge you!

Characters that speak in this update.
    Spoiler
    Show

Melinda
    Biollante
    Scep
    Zephyr
    Pestilence
    Pcebro

On route 3 I can catch Spearow, Nidoran male, Jigglypuff, and Nidoran female. Also I can buy a Magikarp

In Mt.Moon I can catch a Zubat, Paras, Geodude or Clefairy.

You may suggest names and personalities for any of them. In addition both Nidoran female, and Paras share an egg group with Biollante. Should they be arraigned wifeys? (If I get Paras it must be female)

Also with the use of repels I can aim for Zubat or Paras, or Geodude and Clefairy. Which set should I go after?

15. - Top - End - #105
    Firbolg in the Playground

Okay, I have a question: Did I miss something major? Last I remember, pokemon battles were only lethal to Illven as an offworlder. I can understand this being passed to Melinda... but why are all of these other pokemon you're battling dying? I know in the opening spiel you mentioned the league had decided to make battles to the death... but I thought that was for the league itself, not for random trainers, or gym battles. I mean, how can a Gym Leader be effective as a gym leader if he has to train completely new pokemon every time he loses a match? (Actually now that I think about it, that could be a part of the reason why some gym leaders are such low level, they get beat more often, but still it seems like a stupid rule to implement.)
    If my text is blue, I'm being sarcastic.But you already knew that, right?

16. - Top - End - #106
    Barbarian in the Playground

Everyone is Strongiron...
    Last edited by Lemonus; 2011-11-14 at 05:15 PM.
    Awesome Pony-Chul by slayerx!
    My computer is on the blink. Posting will be affected.
    The endless wisdom that is my extended signature lies here.
    I have Pokemon!

17. - Top - End - #107

Quote Originally Posted by Seerow View Post
    Okay, I have a question: Did I miss something major? Last I remember, pokemon battles were only lethal to Illven as an offworlder. I can understand this being passed to Melinda... but why are all of these other pokemon you're battling dying? I know in the opening spiel you mentioned the league had decided to make battles to the death... but I thought that was for the league itself, not for random trainers, or gym battles. I mean, how can a Gym Leader be effective as a gym leader if he has to train completely new pokemon every time he loses a match? (Actually now that I think about it, that could be a part of the reason why some gym leaders are such low level, they get beat more often, but still it seems like a stupid rule to implement.)
    Any pokemon can die. It just takes alot more than just knocking them out. Most capable trainers would be able to recall their pokemon, but in most cases the children are losing their head and hope. And when they don't lose their head Melinda's pokemon manage to block the beam of light. Whether actively or passively. And Melinda doesn't care enough in most cases to call them off. In addition since the other trainers challenge her and neglect to mention no deaths she suffers no legal repercussions.

Gym leaders mass breed there pokemon, they have their team and a league approved team. Brock is relatively weak with his league sanctioned team to give people hope and convince them to start pokemon training. In the cases of levels they stuff rare candies down the babies throats. For happiness evolutions they also stuff the ev reducing berries down their throats. (Also note that higher level gym leaders lose very rarely) The league started killing pokemon so that they could drum up more views, and pay more for advertisement. Which is why Illven quit in protest.

18. - Top - End - #108

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonus View Post
    Everyone is Strongiron...
    No. None of them have a drug addiction

19. - Top - End - #109
    Bugbear in the Playground

I said I would comment on the other Nuzlocke and... squick. I'm half afraid to see where this is going, given the ramp up of your previous Nuzlocke.
    Awesome avatar by Abscondcrow

Spoiler
    Show
    Former awesome avatar by Zefir.

20. - Top - End - #110

Quote Originally Posted by Daverin View Post
    I said I would comment on the other Nuzlocke and... squick. I'm half afraid to see where this is going, given the ramp up of your previous Nuzlocke.
    Well eventually I'll reach a limit to what my mind can produce/I can steal off the internet for ideas. Whether this is it or not, Who knows!?

21. - Top - End - #111
    Dwarf in the Playground

You still have us for ideas!

Looking to the past to uncover the future
    ----------------------------------------------------
    Homebrew Links: Coelacanth, FoWP Pricing.

22. - Top - End - #112

Quote Originally Posted by Koda the kobold View Post
    You still have us for ideas!
    Well even still I'll reach a limit to what we all can come up with/I can write/get asked to tone down by the mods.

23. - Top - End - #113
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Spearow, Nidoran male, Jigglypuff, and Nidoran female. Also I can buy a Magikarp

Nidoran M, Striker, somewhat sexist, he has an intense dislike of females. May have been abused as a child.
    Jigglypuff, Daisy, the team's voice of reason. Or, at least, would like to be. Tries very hard, but they just won't listen.
    Nidoran F, Jargon, a motherly Pokemon who looks after the team and treats them like her "crazy, bloodthirsty little babies."
    Geodude, SgtCrawler, as earlier.
    Zubat, regardless of name, should have a connection to BatrickxTwitchy.
    Clefairy, Sparkle, a Cloudcookoolander. The others try to corrupt her innocence by making her do bad things.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

24. - Top - End - #114

Spearow, Nidoran male, Jigglypuff, and Nidoran female. Also I can buy a Magikarp

Nidoran M, Striker, somewhat sexist, he has an intense dislike of females. May have been abused as a child.
    Jigglypuff, Daisy, the team's voice of reason. Or, at least, would like to be. Tries very hard, but they just won't listen.
    Nidoran F, Jargon, a motherly Pokemon who looks after the team and treats them like her "crazy, bloodthirsty little babies."
    Geodude, SgtCrawler, as earlier.
    Zubat, regardless of name, should have a connection to BatrickxTwitchy.
    Clefairy, Sparkle, a Cloudcookoolander. The others try to corrupt her innocence by making her do bad things.
    No idea for Paras?

25. - Top - End - #115
    Titan in the Playground

Supports Penguinator's Nidoran (both genders) and Zubat ideas, but has no new ideas for personalities or names.

Show

26. - Top - End - #116
    Pixie in the Playground

DruidGirl

Jigglypuff: Achiro - afraid of sharp things

Clefarie: Ogden - very butch, male or female

Paras: Tweak - constantly afraid that the mushrooms on its back are invading its brain... the other pokemon think its crazy and paranoid for thinking so

Geodude: Rocky the Paladin - enough said

Zubat: Neo - believes it will break the fifth wall - it does so when it begins to evolve into Crobat, and gets glimses of what it calls The Beyond each time it tries to evolve

Nidoran (either): Peppi - tormented by the fact that it will poison other pokemon on contact, but it desperately wants to be loved

27. - Top - End - #117
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

No idea for Paras?
    I'm trying to come up with something that isn't overdone...

Paras, Endo/Scythe, Endo is a schoolteacher, an insect that has a strange fungus on his back. It occasionally takes over his body and causes him to do strange things. But no matter, he can always just shake it off. Or can he? (Kind of a Jekyll/Hyde thing going on)

...Which still seems too much like everything else. Ah, well.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

28. - Top - End - #118
    Firbolg in the Playground

I for one would love to see Sgt. Crawler the Geodude.
    If my text is blue, I'm being sarcastic.But you already knew that, right?

29. - Top - End - #119

I'm trying to come up with something that isn't overdone...

Paras, Endo/Scythe, Endo is a schoolteacher, an insect that has a strange fungus on his back. It occasionally takes over his body and causes him to do strange things. But no matter, he can always just shake it off. Or can he? (Kind of a Jekyll/Hyde thing going on)

...Which still seems too much like everything else. Ah, well.
    It only seems overdone because it's so good. But don't worry I have my own ideas

Which set should I aim for?

30. - Top - End - #120
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

I want SgtCrawler, and Nidoran F, not that that will be easy. (If not SgtCrawler here, then there are more places to get a geodude, right?)

Banner by Elder Tsofu.