New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 38 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Blazing hate A fire red nuzlocke

Quote Originally Posted by Penguinator View Post
    I want SgtCrawler, and Nidoran F, not that that will be easy. (If not SgtCrawler here, then there are more places to get a geodude, right?)
    I can't really aim for a Nidoran female. The reason I can aim for a cave pokemon is that different floors have different encounter rates. In fire red and leaf green they can be found in Victory road, Rock tunnel, Cerulan cave (with rock smash) Sevault cannon (With rock smash) and Kindle road (With rock smash)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Yes, that's why I said it wasn't easy.

Finally forced me into getting one of these.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Penguinator View Post
    I'm trying to come up with something that isn't overdone...

Paras, Endo/Scythe, Endo is a schoolteacher, an insect that has a strange fungus on his back. It occasionally takes over his body and causes him to do strange things. But no matter, he can always just shake it off. Or can he? (Kind of a Jekyll/Hyde thing going on)

...Which still seems too much like everything else. Ah, well.
    Heck, just be unoriginal and call it Jekyl. It's a cool name and the idea, even if overdone is interesting. There are a lot of personalities that are more used but less interesting.
    Awesome avatar by Cuthalion

Spoiler: Old Avatars
    Show

By Ceika, Ceika, Linklel (Except for one that appears to be lost to time)

4. - Top - End - #124
    Bugbear in the Playground

Geodude: I'm still putting my vote for "The Boulder"

Nidoran Male: Kamina - a freedom fighter for all the horned races. His [horn] drill is the [horn] drill that will pierce the heavens!

That is it for good ideas that I have, I'll pop back in if I think of something else.
    Happy Trixie Appreciation Day!

Old Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Stormpony Avatar by Dirtytabs

5. - Top - End - #125
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonus View Post
    Everyone is Strongiron...
    Even worse! Everyone is Tony!
    Their bloodlust is unquenchable!

Anyway I still vote for paras, hopefully it can be the newest arraigned wifey!

Personality wise? I like Penguinator's idea

Looking to the past to uncover the future
    ----------------------------------------------------
    Homebrew Links: Coelacanth, FoWP Pricing.

6. - Top - End - #126
    Barbarian in the Playground

I vote for SgtCrawler, but no votes on anyone else.
    Awesome Pony-Chul by slayerx!
    My computer is on the blink. Posting will be affected.
    The endless wisdom that is my extended signature lies here.
    I have Pokemon!

7. - Top - End - #127
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kurgan View Post
    Geodude: I'm still putting my vote for "The Boulder"

Nidoran Male: Kamina - a freedom fighter for all the horned races. His [horn] drill is the [horn] drill that will pierce the heavens!

That is it for good ideas that I have, I'll pop back in if I think of something else.
    I'll second these ones.
    Avatar Credit: the very talented PseudoStraw. Full image:
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #128

Ch 5 New recruits
    Spoiler
    Show

I'm Melinda Birch. Pokemon trainer

Ugh!

Really! This gym is full of perverts

I know this.

I won't lose!

Sure, why not.

I challenge you to a two on two match!
    Bring it!

Go Biollante
    For Mommy!
    Geodude fight for Mommy's love.

That geodude looks different then the one you used to fight Gary
    Well yeah it got too much expreince by killing your friends pokemon so... it had to be taken care of.
    Biollante kill it with a vine whip!
    Mommy desires your death!

Yeah you had no hope against Mommy's love.
    Go Onix!

Do you know who I am! I'm Brock I'm the leader of Pewter that means I'm above all the terrible bug catchers in this town. And you think you can match me! Onix tackle!
    Biollante vine whip!

The Onix slammed it's massive head into Biollante who looked dazed for a moment until it returned the blow, lashing at the massive beast. Separating the individual rock parts until they all stopped moving

The spores tell me to put things to sleep, and then implant them.

Yeah!

That's... better.

Yeah 1 out of 8

I only need Mommy's love to power me!

I figured.

Um... okay?

Nice! Okay I'm off.

You're one of Oak's aides right?

Just said that.

What does he want now?

Letter Dear Melinda, I finally found Illven's old pair of running shoes. He would of wanted you to happen. Remember no matter what happens, never give up. Even in total darkness, all it takes is a candle flame. Love May
    Aw. That's sweet.

I'm looking 90 degrees in a different direction!

Sure battle me because I'm not staring at you. How morally wrong of me! Go Scep
    Pidgey go! Make her stare at me!

Scep hyperfang
    Pidgey gust!

Scep was still not skilled at using his fangs in battle. So he missed by a mile and the Pidgey blasted him into a tree Scep hyperfang

Scep severed the bird's spinal cord in a single blow, and started chowing down on it's body.
    Go Pidgey! Avenge your friend!

Scep was still chowing down on the bird as it screamed in horror at what was happening to it. Scep hyperfang

And he did the same to this bird splatting her in blood and gore.

Sucks to be you.

I wasn't!

That totally doesn't sound stalkerish

Sometimes I dream of having super speed, then I could of out-sped the other Rattatas and get the lions share of the kill.

Again? We haven't battled before

Duh.

I feel a disturbance in the force, as though a million people cried out and face-palmed.

Oh crap, Ekans will eat me and my eggs!
    You don't have eggs
    If I had them it'd eat them

So I called back Zephyr and sent out Pestilence who savaged it with psychic powers!

...*face-palm*

The force is screaming in pain.

Oh how I wish I was born a Spearow.

Yay hypothermia!

Um, okay.

I love hearing things scream!

Um thanks... I think.

Mommy! Is she going to be my arraigned wifey?

Pcebro tried to claw at her, but as he went at her she turned and he clawed one of her spines injecting him with poison.

You're probably going to lose.

Yum!

Yes, and so many other things

You accuse me of molesting you I respond with sarcasm and you want to fight?

Pcebro let's finish this quickly, Karate chop.

She was hot!
    *face-palm*

Ugh!

What's your name?
    I'm the Red Baron I'm unmatched in the air, and no one can see me coming.
    I saw you coming.
    You were on the ground!
    Biollante capture
    Okay Mommy!

Yeah!
    zzzz I strike from far away and they never see me coming.
    Spearow the High flier pokemon. Spearows seem to think they are the stealthly masters of the sky.

Uh.... creepy.

Secret? I mean I'll take it, but secret?
    So what's your name
    Karp, Karp.
    ...Anyone home?
    Karp Karp.
    You going to do anything but flop around?... No of course not Magikarp the useless pokemon. Magikarp appartently can't speak or do anything but flop around.

And you are?
    I'm Endo. I got mushrooms to help me survive. They tell me to kill things. Things like people!
    Spread...the...shrooms...

zzz I wish I had a layer of protection against the sun.
    I...never...sleep...
    That's creepy.
    Paras the Mushroom pokemon, Paras use the mushrooms on their back to aid in defense, the mushroom can talk, and never sleeps.

Characters that speak in this update
    Spoiler
    Show

Melinda
    Biollante
    Scep
    Zephyr
    Pestilence
    Pcebro
    Red Baron
    Karp karp
    Endo

Comments are appreciated.

On route 4 I can catch an Ekans. You may suggest names and personalities.

In addition I have a free spot on the team. Who should I put on it, Red Baron, Karp karp, or Endo?

Also should I box a party member for Red Baron, Karp karp, Endo or the Ekans? If so, who?
    Last edited by Illven; 2011-11-15 at 04:56 PM.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

9. - Top - End - #129
    Bugbear in the Playground

Ekans - Grumbles - Always complaining about how easy the youngsters of today have it. S/he remembers back when you had to check against Thaco to even hit another pokemon. And they had to go uphill to battle, both ways! And they liked it! Kids nowadays with their pokeballs and pokecenters and potions and gym leaders, they don't appreciate anything! Back when s/he was growing up, they made do with battling their neighbors pokemon, and they were damned well better off because of it.
    Happy Trixie Appreciation Day!

Old Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Stormpony Avatar by Dirtytabs

10. - Top - End - #130
    Dwarf in the Playground

I like Endo! It's like Biollante, but with mushrooms, and less lovable, and without total free will. I vote for Endo to go in that free spot.
    Cornelius loves Illithids. Illithids love Cornelius. Therefore, all Illithids love toast and ice cubes. Yup.

Quote Originally Posted by SheepInDisguise View Post
    Haley will release the snarl, and it will bring candy upon the world!
    Username, and avatar, inspired by my favorite D&D character, an insane illithid-loving cultist sorcerer! He is cool. He has a dead illithid larvae in his brain! But that's okay. It's alive in his soul.

11. - Top - End - #131

Quote Originally Posted by Cornelius Grim View Post
    I like Endo! It's like Biollante, but with mushrooms, and less lovable, and without total free will. I vote for Endo to go in that free spot.
    Should I box Red Baron, and Karp karp

12. - Top - End - #132
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Illven View Post
    Should I box Red Baron, and Karp karp
    I think that you should box Pestilence, to be honest. Or Pcebro. Mostly Pestilence though. Pestilence is just a bit too disturbing, and a bit too cliche.

KILL WITH PSIONIC POWER! DIE DIE!
    Yeah, sorry, Pestilence, but people do that too often. You are a wannabe. You're not even psychic type!
    *cries*
    Now I feel bad. Oh well. Keep the Ekans in his place. I look forward to whatever personality it gets.
    Last edited by Cornelius Grim; 2011-11-15 at 05:18 PM.
    Cornelius loves Illithids. Illithids love Cornelius. Therefore, all Illithids love toast and ice cubes. Yup.

Username, and avatar, inspired by my favorite D&D character, an insane illithid-loving cultist sorcerer! He is cool. He has a dead illithid larvae in his brain! But that's okay. It's alive in his soul.

13. - Top - End - #133

I think that you should box Pestilence, to be honest. Or Pcebro. Mostly Pestilence though. Pestilence is just a bit too disturbing, and a bit too cliche.

KILL WITH PSIONIC POWER! DIE DIE!
    Yeah, sorry, Pestilence, but people do that too often. You are a wannabe. You're not even psychic type!
    *cries*
    Now I feel bad. Oh well. Keep the Ekans in his place. I look forward to whatever personality it gets.
    So the party should be Biollante, Zephyr, Scep, Endo, Red Baron, and Karp karp?

14. - Top - End - #134
    Dwarf in the Playground

So the party should be Biollante, Zephyr, Scep, Endo, Red Baron, and Karp karp?
    I think so.

Is it just me who doesn't like Pestilence? I mean, I like the idea, but it's just... meh. Maybe it's just me, but something seems off about it. Oh well.

So, in short, my answer is yes. Sorry if I sounded a bit insensitive. I did not, by any means, mean for it to sound like that.

15. - Top - End - #135

I think so.

Is it just me who doesn't like Pestilence? I mean, I like the idea, but it's just... meh. Maybe it's just me, but something seems off about it. Oh well.

So, in short, my answer is yes. Sorry if I sounded a bit insensitive. I did not, by any means, mean for it to sound like that.
    It's fine I don't except every character to be a hit.

16. - Top - End - #136
    Dwarf in the Playground

It's fine I don't except every character to be a hit.
    Well, that's the thing. This is the first time that I have had any form of dislike towards a character. 189 doesn't count because he was suppose to be sick, twisted, and messed up. Every other character is fine. I think I just hate Butterfree. I have a Butterfree on the team in the Nuzlocke I am doing right now. I have been trying to kill it off for a while without just making it seem too apparant, so I don't feel bad. It just won't die! Yeah. I probably get this prejudice from my experiences. Oh yeah! By the way, I'm doing my own Nuzlocke! HeartGold Nuzlocke. Doing well so far. Had 3 deaths, which is bad, but my team is well optimized, in my opinion.

17. - Top - End - #137

Well, that's the thing. This is the first time that I have had any form of dislike towards a character. 189 doesn't count because he was suppose to be sick, twisted, and messed up. Every other character is fine. I think I just hate Butterfree. I have a Butterfree on the team in the Nuzlocke I am doing right now. I have been trying to kill it off for a while without just making it seem too apparant, so I don't feel bad. It just won't die! Yeah. I probably get this prejudice from my experiences. Oh yeah! By the way, I'm doing my own Nuzlocke! HeartGold Nuzlocke. Doing well so far. Had 3 deaths, which is bad, but my team is well optimized, in my opinion.
    Hey my white nuzlocke has three deaths.

18. - Top - End - #138
    Dwarf in the Playground

I agree brother! Endo shall be fun....

Looking to the past to uncover the future
    ----------------------------------------------------
    Homebrew Links: Coelacanth, FoWP Pricing.

19. - Top - End - #139
    Dwarf in the Playground

Hey my white nuzlocke has three deaths.
    BLASPHEMY!!!! Someone as awesome as you should NOT be doing a Pokemon White game at all! Pokemon White just sucks. I hate the pokemon in it. They just started to run out of ideas about half-way through Sinnoh, and the Unova pokemon are just awful. They recycled about 75% of their other Pokemon ideas, and the others are just terrible.

20. - Top - End - #140

BLASPHEMY!!!! Someone as awesome as you should NOT be doing a Pokemon White game at all! Pokemon White just sucks. I hate the pokemon in it. They just started to run out of ideas about half-way through Sinnoh, and the Unova pokemon are just awful. They recycled about 75% of their other Pokemon ideas, and the others are just terrible.
    But it teaches you to understand other people. Like people who are doing a white nuzlocke

Besides Tony loves Unova. He can eat all the icecream pokemon.

21. - Top - End - #141
    Dwarf in the Playground

But it teaches you to understand other people. Like people who are doing a white nuzlocke

Besides Tony loves Unova. He can eat all the icecream pokemon.
    That's all Unova pokemon are good for! Eating them! And other people who do White Nuzlockes don't deserve to be understood. They can go rot in a hole. Quick, Illven, stop before it is too late! If you stop now, you can reach redemption. You're half-way there, because these Nuzlockes are awesome. If you stop now, the other 50% will be reached. Koda and I will plan a party in your honor. And there will be cake.

22. - Top - End - #142

That's all Unova pokemon are good for! Eating them! And other people who do White Nuzlockes don't deserve to be understood. They can go rot in a hole. Quick, Illven, stop before it is too late! If you stop now, you can reach redemption. You're half-way there, because these Nuzlockes are awesome. If you stop now, the other 50% will be reached. Koda and I will plan a party in your honor. And there will be cake.
    So only white, Black nuzlockes are okay? Also the cake is a lie!

23. - Top - End - #143
    Dwarf in the Playground

So only white, Black nuzlockes are okay? Also the cake is a lie!
    All of Unova needs to have the Pokemafia come by with their drive-by shootings, and they will destroy that section of the world!

No it isn't. It's yellow cake. With chocolate frosting. Eat it. You know you want to.

24. - Top - End - #144

All of Unova needs to have the Pokemafia come by with their drive-by shootings, and they will destroy that section of the world!

No it isn't. It's yellow cake. With chocolate frosting. Eat it. You know you want to.
    But my starter just evolved into its final form. Also I don't like chocolate.

25. - Top - End - #145
    Dwarf in the Playground

But my starter just evolved into its final form. Also I don't like chocolate.
    ... We'll scrape the frosting off. Y'know what? I got a new cake. No chocolate.

26. - Top - End - #146
    Titan in the Playground

Unova was supposed to have a déjà vu sort of feeling. It's supposed to be Kanto 2.0 effectively. That's why you have things like tadpoles, jellyfish, two different fighting types, another special ghost family, moles, a goofy looking pink normal type, living garbage, and a bunch of other clear repeat ideas. When they talked about alternate universes, they weren't just talking about two Unovas; they were talking about Unova being a parallel region to Kanto.

I've lost about four or five in my white Nuzlocke, including a Leavanny (however you spell it) that just had evolved. I was ticked! Good luck with your run.
    Awesome avatar by Cuthalion

Spoiler: Old Avatars
    Show

By Ceika, Ceika, Linklel (Except for one that appears to be lost to time)

27. - Top - End - #147

Quote Originally Posted by EspritRequin View Post
    Unova was supposed to have a déjà vu sort of feeling. It's supposed to be Kanto 2.0 effectively. That's why you have things like tadpoles, jellyfish, two different fighting types, another special ghost family, moles, a goofy looking pink normal type, living garbage, and a bunch of other clear repeat ideas. When they talked about alternate universes, they weren't just talking about two Unovas; they were talking about Unova being a parallel region to Kanto.

I've lost about four or five in my white Nuzlocke, including a Leavanny (however you spell it) that just had evolved. I was ticked! Good luck with your run.
    That was my third lost, granted it was level 33. But yeah I just lost it today

28. - Top - End - #148
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by EspritRequin View Post

Huh. That... actually kinda makes it a lot cooler. I played a little bit of the game and was incredibly dissapointed at the startup and dialogue. I think it's a neat, respectable idea for a game, and the Pokemon repeats are more justified now, but I think I'll stick to good ol' HeartGold and Pearl, and FireRed. Thank you for making sense of it,Esprit.

Illven, I am sorry I am so antagonisitic towards White/Black.

29. - Top - End - #149

Huh. That... actually kinda makes it a lot cooler. I played a little bit of the game and was incredibly dissapointed at the startup and dialogue. I think it's a neat, respectable idea for a game, and the Pokemon repeats are more justified now, but I think I'll stick to good ol' HeartGold and Pearl, and FireRed. Thank you for making sense of it,Esprit.

Illven, I am sorry I am so antagonisitic towards White/Black.
    Besides it has the best music.

And now you learned the lesson of Black and white. Plus a Black nuzlocke inspired about half of the nightmare fuel.

30. - Top - End - #150
    Dwarf in the Playground

Besides it has the best music.

And now you learned the lesson of Black and white. Plus a Black nuzlocke inspired about half of the nightmare fuel.
    Good? I guess? Lol. Hard to tell what I think of that.