New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 14 of 50 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232439 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #391
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Three Goddesses - IC (Thread #2)

Beast looks the man over to get a size him up.

Sense Motive to get a feel for comparative skill: (1d20+21)[26]
    Current Games
    Curse of the Crimson Throne: Dušana Essert(Zeta), & Fathi (Phi) and Hülya (Eta) Sharif of House al-Din
    Legacy of Fire: Water Prince Rafiq Karim
    Rise of the Runelords: Keghart Valdemar & Valbard the Velociraptor
    Savage Tide: Rabbi Eliezer "Lazer" Whuraili Cohen ben Mordechai of Clan Ironoath of Oriadeth
    Serpent's Skull: Harsk! (yes, that one)
    Shattered Star: Lilim
    Strange Aeons: Dorn

2. - Top - End - #392
    Ogre in the Playground

@Beast, Sense Motive
    Spoiler
    Show
    You think it would be a fair fight, but you are the better warrior. He probably has a chip on his shoulder, looking to make a name for himself.
    The problem here is between the keyboard and the chair.

Life is full of questions. Chocolate is the answer.

Thanks to Telasi for the custom avatar.

3. - Top - End - #393
    Ogre in the Playground

Beast, all 7' and 300 pounds of his pro-wrestler-looking form looks into the eyes of the guy, practically touching noses. He growls low, "Boss told me not to eat nobody in camp. But if you dead, it'd be a waste."

Intimidate (1d20+28)[33]
    Current Games
    Curse of the Crimson Throne: Dušana Essert(Zeta), & Fathi (Phi) and Hülya (Eta) Sharif of House al-Din
    Savage Tide: Rabbi Eliezer "Lazer" Whuraili Cohen ben Mordechai of Clan Ironoath of Oriadeth

4. - Top - End - #394
    Ogre in the Playground

Beast's efforts to intimidate the man into backing down have the opposite effect. In fact, he gets right back in Beasts face, and decides to play poke chest.
    You'll be the one who ends up dead, hairball.

5. - Top - End - #395
    Ogre in the Playground

Beast slowly looks down at the finger in his chest, then slowly trails his gaze back up to the man. He doesn't poke back, though, feeling that is a move of insecure aggression, not solidity. "What's your name, meatsock? I wanna make sure Cookie gets it right on the menu."
    Current Games

6. - Top - End - #396
    Ogre in the Playground

The man takes a step back, but any thought that he is intimidated is quickly dispelled by the fact that he draws his blade.
    My name isnt important. Since I wont be the one lying in a pool of blood.
    Several people have gathered around, they seem eager to see the fight.

7. - Top - End - #397
    Ogre in the Playground

"Sorry, dears," buzzes Beast's telepathic voice to the others, "but it looks like the task of making us known and feared falls to me. Looks like I'm the advertising poster-child for the Fear of the South."

What's the man wearing? Not having said anything, I assume he is armorless like myself? What type of blade (dagger, longsword, khopesh, collimated plasma sword - an elegant weapon from a more civilized time)? What does it appear to be made out of? Masterwork I'm sure, but steel? silver? cold iron? adamantine? exotically unidentifiable like some bizarre psicrystal sword?

Faster than the man could draw his blade, a warhammer appears in Beast's hands. Confusing, because he didn't look like he carried such a bulky weapon. Beast also takes a step back (distance - with his step - should now be 10') and he focuses his power, concentrating on his inner strength while grasping the hammer with both hands. "No, of course not. Because you'll be hanging in the meat locker for me to use as a punching bag until you're nice and tender and flavorful.'

Actions on Pre-round
    Free Actions - draw weapon, weapon returns to normal size
    Standard Action - Aid SLA (requiring concentration but no babble-and-wiggle); temporary hit points (1d8+10)[12]

Initiative (1d20+5)[14]

If Beast Wins Initiative
    Spoiler
    Show
    Beast bursts forth with feral speed, swinging twice: once at the man's blade, the second at the man. Beast then zips back, back, back before the man can even respond with his own strike.

ACTIONS (AC 31 with guy as dodge-buddy)
    Move Action (partial) - move 10' to target
    Standard Action - 2 attacks with Bounding Assault, instead of just one
    --- 1st attk: Sunder attempt vs blade, provokes no AOO. Attack (1d20+39)[56], includes bonus for two-hand weapon and Sunder property bonus. Damage (if attempt succeeds) (1d8+24)[29] plus (1d6)[2], includes Sunder property bonus.
    --- As an adamantine weapon, it bypasses the opponent's weapon's hardness, unless it is also 20 or better.
    Move Action (completion) - move back 40' from target, provoking no AOO, able to split because of Spring Attack and Bounding Assault

If Beast doesn't get initiative, then we'll see how things go ...
    Last edited by PSinger; 2012-02-28 at 08:24 PM.
    Current Games

8. - Top - End - #398
    Ogre in the Playground

Sorry, forgot to post 2nd attack, and I can't do it in an edit ...

2nd Attack, slam the man (1d20+35)[36], damage (1d8+24)[25]

EDIT: Automatic miss with a natural '1'. Damn.

It's okay. with that sunder attempt, it would be enough to shatter even an adamantine greatsword +1 on one blow.

EDIT (again): Also, the sunder needs an additional +4 on the attack roll. Base is +34, +35 with aid, +39 with 2-hand weapon, +43 with Sunder.

On the other hand, I forgot to drop the second attack by 5 for the iterative, so it would only be +30 (+29 with +1 for aid). Doesn't matter on that one, though.
    Last edited by PSinger; 2012-02-28 at 08:31 PM.
    Current Games

9. - Top - End - #399
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+8)[20] initiative
    (1d20+27)[30] attack & (1d8+12)[13] damage
    (1d20+22)[37] attack & (1d8+12)[19] damage
    (1d20+17)[20] attack & (1d8+12)[17] damage

As fast as Beast is, the man opposing him is faster, and before he can get his attacks off, the man swings at him 3 times in succession. Only one of them connects, for 19 points of damage. In return however, Beast strikes back at his weapon, smashing it to pieces. His second attack fails to connect, and out of the corner of his eye, he notices that there is now a ring of people around the battle, making it nearly impossible for him to utilize his bounding attack routine. Like children in a schoolyard, the watchers are chanting
    FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT

The man snarls as Beast broke his best weapon, however, he draws a second one to continue the fight.

We are now in round 2 of the fight, he has initiative, but had to spend his round to draw a second weapon. Its your turn for attack.
    Last edited by Debbie_D; 2012-02-28 at 10:24 PM.

10. - Top - End - #400
    Barbarian in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Debbie_D View Post
    After about 10 minutes of waiting, Cookie returns to the tent, nodding to both Taleira and Tallesin as he enters. He takes a chair opposite you.

So I've told you my story, whats the deal with you in this city. And why are you hanging around with a Rohdanite, and be willing to help someone who is clearly opposed to them?
    As early as possible, Tallesin does the following while interacting with Cookie: Sense Motive to read Cookie for any signs of lying/treachery ((1d20+22)[39]), Arcane Sight (Greater) to see if Cookie has any magic at work and Detect Thoughts (DC 20) to see how smart Cookie actually is and if any thoughts are readable. And in case this conversation needs it, Tallesin's Diplomacy check is (1d20+37)[56].

Eli seems about to speak, pauses for a moment to consider his words, and then finally says, "Cookie... given your own mission, you of all people should know that not everything is as it seems. We are alone, yes? Excellent. As I was saying, a friend may always appear where one least expects it." With that, Eli the Eliminator's rough, militaristic appearance shifts into Tallesin Eliado wearing a simple travelling outfit- plain but definitely not dirty or coarse. "It seems we are both playing a role not our own. My name is Tallesin, at your service."

Telepathically to Taleira, during his transformation
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Feel free to keep your disguise, should you wish- I merely drop mine as a show of good faith. Stop me if I say too much or too little: I plan to leave our full names and the other party out of this for now, in case this falls apart. It is a dangerous game we are about to play."

"As for why we are here, my companion and I suspect that Rohdan's followers are holding someone very precious to us. We would like to get her back -or at least learn her fate- and possibly repay Rohdan some overdue favors. If you are with the elves, then perhaps the enemy of my enemy truly can be my friend. I wish to offer a deal: our aid in your mission for yours in ours. Though my comrade and I are but two, we have considerable resources elsewhere we can leverage, in a pinch. Perhaps with our assistance, you could finally retire in peace. What say you?"
    Last edited by Ason; 2012-02-29 at 01:49 AM.

11. - Top - End - #401
    Bugbear in the Playground

Taleira Ulharvyth

Akhane takes a deep breath... and reverts to Taleira's form. "As you can doubtless guess at this point, I'm not a Rohdanite. I, and my associate there," gesturing to "Eli," "are looking into the rumors of soul-stealing that we've heard about the more powerful Rohdanites. As for following Lindor around, well, he's mostly convenient. I'm good enough with my sword to be worth keeping around regardless, and I alleviate suspicion on "the Eliminator" there by not pretending to be Rohdanite. We heard about the elves... trouble... with the folks here on our way, so we decided to take a chance on you when you started sounding sympathetic. So yeah. We want information, and we're willing to trade favors. You sound like you'd love to leave, and we can arrange that if you'll help us out."

GMs
    Spoiler
    Show
    Bluff, bluff, bluff the spy-cook! (if needed) (1d20+31)[51]
    And a bluff to pass off shapeshifting back to normal as dismissing a polymorph: (1d20+31)[46]
    Listen: (1d20+18)[36]
    Last edited by Telasi; 2012-02-29 at 01:54 AM.
    Snickett avatar by me.

I draw custom OotSatars. I'm wearing one now, and you can check out samples in my Gallery.

12. - Top - End - #402
    Ogre in the Playground

D-D, still looking for info on what kind of weapon he wields other than just "blade" ... what about armor or any other equipment? Also, does he seem to have any DR or anything else that soaks damage? If so, the warhammer automatically adjusts ... it is still adamantine (its structure doesn't change), but it grows spikes, a blade, is chased with cold iron or silver, or what-have-you (in addition to Beast hitting as both a magic and a good weapon with natural or manufactured weapons).

Beast smiles as he takes less than half of what his opponent had suspected on the one solid hit, while another should've hit (the one that "missed" but hit his touch AC) but bounced off of his rock-hard skin. He then shows that he is a far cleverer strategist than others might have thought given his looks. He spins the warhammer in a dizzying pattern that both deflects incoming attacks and wards off his attacker, and fights defensively as well.

"Y'know, you're pretty good. A lot better than I expected, but I'm better. This will be fun."

The whirling hammer shifts direction and slams down on the strong part of the blade near the guard. He spins the hammer to hit upwards, and then reverses to come back down the other way. He takes his hand off the hammer long enough to pop him with a steel-hard fist before regaining his two-hand grip.

Full Attack
    --- Modifers to normal: Aid (figured on sheet), Combat Expertise 5 (-5 attack), fighting defensively (-4 attack).
    #1: Sunder Attempt (1d20+34)[50], Damage (1d8+24)[30] plus (1d6)[6]
    #2: Slam the Man (1d20+21)[41], Damage (1d8+24)[30]
    #3: Again (1d20+16)[29], Damage (1d8+24)[27]
    Slam Attack: (1d20+15)[34], Damage (1d8+12)[20]

Free Action to switch between grips.

AC: 38 (+5 Comb-Ex, +2 fight defensively, +1 Dodge).
    Current Games

13. - Top - End - #403
    Ogre in the Playground

The man's weapon (barring something bizarre, like his rolling a natural '20' since with a 19 he can't beat that Sunder attempt) shatters into a fine shower of steel shrapnel and sparkles in the noonday sun.

The second attack threatened a crit. Confirmation roll (1d20+21)[30], extra damage (2d8+48)[58]

EDIT: Wow! 88 points from one attack ... death from massive damage? If all attacks hit, that's 135 damage.

If somehow, this guy is still standing, Beast has to congratulate him. Whether or not this guy wants to continue fighting (and Beast will oblige him if he must). "Got to say, I never put so firm a hurting on a man what could keep standing after that. Sure you want to continue? Be a shame to splatter someone tough as bark like yourself. I'm sure Rohdan sure'd hate to lose someone of your caliber for pride."
    Last edited by PSinger; 2012-02-29 at 06:23 AM.
    Current Games

14. - Top - End - #404
    Ogre in the Playground

(1d20)[20] just to see if something bizarre does happen

EDIT: I LOVE IT. DEBBIE CACKLES WITH GLEE....now I have to think about my next post, since what I was just going to do changed significantly
    Last edited by Debbie_D; 2012-02-29 at 08:10 AM.

15. - Top - End - #405
    Ogre in the Playground

Wise to the Beast's trick with his last weapon, the Rohdanite manages to pull his sword away at the last minute, keeping it intact. However, the move puts him in a bad defensive position and he takes the punishing blows fully. Despite his wounds bleeding profusely, he keeps going, striking back 3 times at the Beast

(1d20+24)[33] attack & (1d8+9)[17] damage
    (1d20+19)[26] attack & (1d8+9)[14] damage
    (1d20+14)[30] attack & (1d8+9)[17] damage

However, none of them connect.

Meanwhile

Cookie does a double take and has to sit for a moment to process all the changes that have just happened to him. He cant help but gawk at Taleira's true form; and the holy symbol of Sabrina being carried by a male causes him no end of puzzlement. Eventually, he gets his bearings, while he is doing so, Tallesin's probes reveal no deceit, no magic and his detect thoughts reveal that Cookie is above average intelligence, but certainly no wizard or such.

Yeah, we're alone. No one bothers with my house, apart from being a good cook, they dont think Im special in any way. As for my mission, its over. We thought that because Starwyn hadnt been seen in so long that maybe he was dead or something and there would be a power vacuum here that we could exploit. It turns out hes not dead, although why he is not out causing his usual death and mayhem is a mystery. Either way, we need to keep up with our usual tactics, but not commit to any sort of large scale attack, and I need to get out and let them know that. But like I said, if I just up and leave, they'll know I was here as a spy, and theres no way I can get far enough away in the forest before my departure is discovered and dealt with.
    He pauses at Tali's mention of soul stealing.
    That doesnt sound like Rohdan's style. Hes got wizards all right, but mostly warmages and such that make things go boom. His priests specialize in healing, to keep the fighters upright, and using reverse healing spells if they get in close quarters with the enemy. Souls and stuff arent things they work on....Rohdan tends to be a straight forward sort of guy.
    Last edited by Debbie_D; 2012-02-29 at 10:24 AM.

16. - Top - End - #406

Taleira Ulharvyth

Tali smirks a bit at Cookie's reaction to her, looking not at all upset by the attention. While he's collecting his wits, she leans against the wall and waits patiently. "Right, see, this is the sort of thing we want to learn about. I can personally attest to the fact that somebody's supplied at least one soul-drinking blade to a group including a bunch of Rohdanites. Any idea who might be able to do that, and want to?"

Idle thought to Tallesin, while waiting for Cookie to recover:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Tell me, Master Eliado, just how jaded must you be to have as little reaction as you show to living with so many beautiful women? More so in the common... spirit... of the faiths represented? You seem to have quite the will, given the degree of supernatural charm we've gathered lately.
    Snickett avatar by me.

I draw custom OotSatars. I'm wearing one now, and you can check out samples in my Gallery.

17. - Top - End - #407
    Ogre in the Playground

Second verse, same as the first.

Full Attack
    --- Modifers to normal: Aid (figured on sheet), Combat Expertise 5 (-5 attack), fighting defensively (-4 attack).
    #1: Sunder Attempt (1d20+34)[35], Damage (1d8+24)[27] plus (1d6)[2]
    #2: Slam the Man (1d20+21)[31], Damage (1d8+24)[28]
    #3: Again (1d20+16)[25], Damage (1d8+24)[31]
    Slam Attack: (1d20+15)[22], Damage (1d8+12)[16]

EDIT: Well, Beast might be frustrated, but I'm laughing. On the last sunder, he got a natural '20', but on this one, I got a natural '1.' But this is the battle chaos that (s)he loves.
    Last edited by PSinger; 2012-02-29 at 03:16 PM.
    Current Games

18. - Top - End - #408
    Ogre in the Playground

This time, Beast does not even get in a good shot with her weapon, as her opponent is able to dodge the breaking shot. As well, he manages to keep his balance better and although Beast's first shot connects, the other two miss. He attempts to retaliate as best he can.

(1d20+24)[25] attack & (1d8+9)[14] damage
    (1d20+10)[17] attack & (1d8+9)[16] damage
    (1d20+14)[29] attack & (1d8+9)[11] damage

But once again, he is not able to penetrate Beasts defenses.

and meanwhile

The only faith I can think of that would have the power, and desire, to work on soul-stealing would be Kotep. I cant think of why he would make a deal with Rohdan though...and why he would make a soul stealing item out of a blade, its not the way he would do things.
    Last edited by Debbie_D; 2012-02-29 at 11:31 PM.

19. - Top - End - #409
    Ogre in the Playground

Lather. Rinse. Repeat.

Full Attack
    #1: Sunder Attempt (1d20+34)[48], Damage (1d8+24)[27] plus (1d6)[5]
    #2: Slam the Man (1d20+21)[25], Damage (1d8+24)[27]
    #3: Again (1d20+16)[20], Damage (1d8+24)[30]
    Slam Attack: (1d20+15)[16], Damage (1d8+12)[19]

EDIT: Good news/ bad news ....
    Good news is that I probably shattered his blade. Bad news, considering rolls from before, is that every strike against him probably missed ... most def the nat '1' on the slam.
    Last edited by PSinger; 2012-03-01 at 12:14 AM.
    Current Games

20. - Top - End - #410

Taleira Ulharvyth

Taleira shrugs. "A faint chance is better than nothing, anyway, and nothing's what we had before. Anything else that might interest us? Oh, and you've not mentioned where exactly you want to be taken when it's our turn."
    Snickett avatar by me.

21. - Top - End - #411
    Ogre in the Playground

(1d20)[10] to see if he gets two in a row

Beasts latest attempt to sunder his opponents weapon is successful, leaving it in shards on the ground. His other attacks do not connect however, which is slightly less fortunate.
    Seeing as this latest setback has left him weaponless, and seeing as he is bleeding profusely from several wounds, the man takes a step back, and raises his hands in a gesture of surrender. His desire to quit the battle is plain, the crowd's opinion is just as plain.

FINISH HIM FINISH HIM FINISH HIM
    Last edited by Debbie_D; 2012-03-01 at 10:26 AM.

22. - Top - End - #412
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Telasi View Post
    Taleira Ulharvyth

Taleira shrugs. "A faint chance is better than nothing, anyway, and nothing's what we had before. Anything else that might interest us? Oh, and you've not mentioned where exactly you want to be taken when it's our turn."
    I dont know how much of a help Ive been, and it still could be that the Rohdanites were able to do it. Just because I havent seen a mage or priest capable of doing it doesnt mean they dont have one. Its just not as likely
    And as for where I want to go, back to the elven city of Foresta is fine with me. As long as Im with you, you will be able to teleport there, I have an item to bypass the wards. My report should go directly to the King.

23. - Top - End - #413
    Ogre in the Playground

Beast raises the hammer high, looking to the crowd and giving a gloating laugh. He then frames it over the man's head, wind's up, and then a wicked gleam crosses his face with a sneer. "You're too tough to eat. You're probably all gristle, anyway. And if I kill you, you're nothing but squish."

He steps back, lowering the hammer. His right hand holds the warhammer behind him as if ready to pounce again, and his left hand points at him as he levels his gaze. "I am looking for a good slave. You have lost to me, your life is mine to do with as I please. What is your name, slave, and what is your decision? To live in shackles, or die by my hammer?"

Meanwhile, that focus and level gaze includes detect evil ....
    Current Games

24. - Top - End - #414
    Ogre in the Playground

Being the coward that most Rohdanites are, when not backed up by a bunch of their cronies, the man looks around, and then drops to his knees in surrender.
    My nane is Grosh. I choose to live, as a slave.
    Your 'detect evil' is picking up evil, but its no wonder, the whole area is infested with a background radiation of evil.

25. - Top - End - #415
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Tricky stuff here. Our characters 'live' in a different age and time with different values. It is nothing to an angle to simply destroy evil. However, by having given a choice to live or die by my hand, I have offered mercy in a fashion. To withhold and kill him outright by myself would be evil. However, since he is evil, Rohdanites might be cowardly when pressed ....
    "Did you hear that?" calls Beast to the crowd. "Our fellow Rohdanite - one you would expect to be a stalwart companion if ever there was an attack - would rather live on his knees as a slave than die honorably. He will not die by a warrior's hand in single combat, he doesn't deserve that, the miserable wretch. You know what to do."
    Spoiler
    Show
    And in one fell swoop, all problems are solved. A capable evil opponent is destroyed. The village witnessed a good battle and should now be sufficiently impressed by Beast's prowess - and by association the rest of the group. And even if every other person there would've done the same, the pridefulness of the mob will rip the man to shreds.
    Beast stalks off, not paying the man any mind, though still keeping his/her eyes open for any trouble from Grosh or others.
    Last edited by PSinger; 2012-03-02 at 02:30 AM.
    Current Games

26. - Top - End - #416
    Barbarian in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

Telepathic for Taleira & DMs only
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Because she's still out there!" Tallesin appears to have been caught off guard in the heat of sharing with Cookie, as he replied to Taleira without the normal jokes or fancy speech. Catching his blunder, Tallesin then confesses in his usual refined style, "Sink me, that was a bit unexpected, Taleira- my apologies. Suffice for now that a woman once taught me Sabrina's lesson of passions turning a profit, and I would very much like to conclude that business before wedding another. In the meantime, my service to Sabrina has taken me from banks to brothels: I enjoy the pleasures of beautiful women -like yourself- as much as any other confirmed bachelor. An evening's flirtation, a night's romance and a morning's farewell are a part of my faith like any other lover."

Tallesin sits back during Taleira's conversation with Cookie, thinking over what he just let slip to her. Eventually, he offers, "I can teleport us to your city, but I may need time to prepare for the journey, as I had not planned on the extra spells it will require. We have other allies who will also need to escape this camp- would that be a problem? The two of us can vouch for them, as their hatred of Rohdan may even exceed your own. 'Tis truly a pity that our quest for the soul-stealer is at a dead-end here, if you speak faithfully. However, you did speak of a Starwyn come back from the dead: who or what is this man?"
    Last edited by Ason; 2012-03-02 at 02:45 AM.

27. - Top - End - #417
    Ogre in the Playground

Starwyn didnt come back from the dead, he was never dead in the first place. We thought he might have been dead since he hadnt been seen in so long, but he is still very much alive. What he has been up to in that time remains a mystery, but thats not part of my mission, and I dont seek to pry. He would be a dangerous man to anger.
    As to what he is, he is quite possibly the worlds most pre-eminent epic warrior. A battle between him and Elinon, who is accounted by most to the worlds greatest warrior, would be a fight for the ages. Of course, it will never happen, as no one would trust to face Starwyn and have him not take the chance of killing someone outright, but still people theorize what might happen. All I know is that I wouldnt want to have him coming at me with his sword out

As predicted by Beast, several members of the crowd close on Grosh and finish him off, a few minor quarrels break out over some of his pieces of armour and other items, which are quickly sorted out. However as Beast pushes through the mob to return to the temple, he hears mutterings that make him think it wasnt a perfect result.

not a fair fight what with all that weapon breaking pansy stuff
    shoulda finished him off, what is he, some kind of peacenik
    sure missed a whole lot of his shots

28. - Top - End - #418
    Ogre in the Playground

Haters gotta hate. Beast turns around and snarls at the closest individual or clump that seems to be unhappy with the outcome (not everyone, obviously). Most likely they didn't get a shot in on the fallen, or get any of the loot that was to be had. Beast just gives a low snarl to that person/ group. "You know, he was too tough and grisly," he says, his tongue flicking at his canine. "On the other hand, you look nice and well-marbled, and this hammer is a fine tenderizer."

Intimidation (1d20+28)[42]

Hopefully, that's enough to silence them (even though they might be sulky), but might also get some schadenfreudian laughs from those around them to embarrass them. Assuming it works. "Yeah, I didn't think so."

Beast calls out, "That built me a right powerful thirst! Is there a place to get a good drink around here? I'm buying the first round, boys!"

Beast can fight. Beast is willing to be a good sport and buy drinks (this is going to be expensive, but a good 'investment' for our presence here). And Beast (hopefully, above) can use his demeanor to scare hell out of a few for the enjoyment of the crowd. Hopefully, all this is making good for the rest of the party.

Diplomacy, to put these roughnecks in a good mood for drinking (1d20+12)[15], plus any sit bonuses the DM might apply for what's happened (entertaining fight, talk-down, and free booze).

To his party he sends the following.
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Handled it. There are some haters, but for the most part I think while the rest of you do your bit, I'm a walking advertisement that the Fear of the South is brutal, clever, and even diabolical in dispatching enemies. Buying drinks now ..."
    Last edited by PSinger; 2012-03-02 at 02:40 PM.
    Current Games

29. - Top - End - #419
    Colossus in the Playground

Lindor looks at his group and then back to the priest (and as he does so, he is using a Silenced/ Stilled glibness). "There was a band of women, of a whole sort of mix. I've never seen Nocticulans chummy up with Tishtinians or Sabrinians, but this was one determined bunch of bitches. Seems they've got some wild ideas about some bizarre shift of the goddesses, like they're going to meld into one Uber-Slut or something. Worst part is, they have a real hard-on - well, such as it is - for Rohdanites.

"They're convinced that Rohdan, in concert with Melias and Morgahz, are responsible for imprisoning some ancient divining nitwit into a sword or receptacle. They've been carving a hole into our ranks, and I've lost two of my number already. Then there's several hidden shrine-cells they've managed to shred here and there. (S'okay, though ... they've lost four.) What I'm curious about ... do we got anything to do with this? Imprisoning folks is a lot more work than just killing them, so it doesn't sound like us. Do we know who did do this? Maybe then, we can figure out some way to lay something in front of this holy hit squad - their numbers keep replenishing - so they'll lay off of fellow Rohdanites as we get to marshal our resources, find out how to really hit them, and then go on the offensive.

"If we are the ones holding their prophet or whatever she was, then we need to figure out a plan on how to maintain the secrecy while finding a way to blast these broads into oblivion. They don't fight fair, and came at us and our allies sideways."

Spoiler
    Show
    Glibness ... Bluff (1d20+69)[75]

With cloaked casting and other bonuses the DC to overcome is 15 + 20 (or a CL check of someone with any lie-piercing magic) to make a total CL check vs 35.
    Last edited by lostsole31; 2012-03-02 at 03:16 PM.
    11APR2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Demons Revisited (2013, Jacobs).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Spoiler: Player Status
    Show
    ClasyCrow: On hiatus through 11MAY2024.

30. - Top - End - #420
    Ogre in the Playground

The priest displays outrage and indignity.
    Soul stealing would be evil, and we are not evil. You know the truth as well as anyone brother, it was only the overwhelming pride and ego of Philisar, who would not listen to the sage advice of the wise and glorious Rohdan that drove our ancestors to take the actions that they did. If only Philisar had listened to Rohdan and not had his “I know all” attitude, the Gods War would have been over many years earlier and hundreds of thousands of innocent lives would not have been lost. And when he tried to make him see reason, he spurned him and cast him out. We wanted what was best for Daystor, and he wanted what was best for him. And for that, he branded us evil.
    But do you really think you will make a bunch of sluts who have always danced to Philisar's tune see reason? Tishtina has always been Philisar's slut, everyone knows it, Endolin cant keep him satisfied and he runs to her every chance he gets. And looking at that cold bitch (Endolin), how can you blame him? And Sabrina? She talks about how she can control any man, and the way to a mans wallet is through his lust...and yet she lies down for Philisar at the snap of his fingers. Nocticula, cool evil demon bitch formed from the chaos of the Abyss, and yet who was the first demon queen to line up on his side in the Gods War? Doesnt matter who Philisar has to lie down with to achieve his aims, its all fine for him, sluts, whores and demons; and then he has the gall to call us evil?
    Search the holy scrolls if you like, you'll see we have never bent our magic to the stealing of souls.