New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 15 of 50 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223242540 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #421
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Three Goddesses - IC (Thread #2)

Lindor says, "I have no doubt in what you say. Makes sense. But I would like to look through the scrolls to find out who it is that's giving us a bad rap. We are proud warriors, not cowardly enchanters and soul-stealers. Time for the one responsible to be outed so when the self-same whores come a-calling for blood, they'll at least come for the right reason."
    20MAR2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: The Worldwound (2013, Jacobs, Keith, et. al.).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Spoiler: Player Status
    Show
    bcool999: On hiatus through 01APR2024.

2. - Top - End - #422
    Ogre in the Playground

The priest makes a motion with his hand and a young acolyte comes running up.

This people wish to consult some of the holy scrolls to disprove the foul allegations of the slut goddess followers. Give them all the aid they need, discrediting the followers of Tit-tina is always of interest to us.
    The problem here is between the keyboard and the chair.

Life is full of questions. Chocolate is the answer.

Thanks to Telasi for the custom avatar.

3. - Top - End - #423
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Dot

Drew stays close to 'dad' as they follow the priests.

"We can stay as long as you like, but if they believe that Rohdan had nothing to do with this, it follows that they're not going to show anything to the contrary. It would seem to me that we should wrap things up here as soon as we can, and start to look at the black wizards."
    "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut

4. - Top - End - #424

"Agreed," tepes Lildorrinene through the necklaces. "We'll take a look through the scrolls in a general sense, but then thank the priest for the chance to look upon these scrolls, and then adjourn, collecting the others as we go."

Though she didn't 'compartmentalize' any teping, she is sure to reach out to the other two groups. "Beast, enjoy carousing, you'll be our last stop.

"Eli and Akhane, wrap it up. We can't take Cookie this round, but he'll be a good contact to have in this camp, especially if it is decided by our seniors that an assault on the camp in the future is needed. Even then, his presence is important for the elves."
    20MAR2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: The Worldwound (2013, Jacobs, Keith, et. al.).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Show

5. - Top - End - #425
    Bugbear in the Playground

Taleira Ulharvyth

Taleira's smirk shifts subtly towards the wolfish at Tallesin's mental outburst, and she spares him an intrigued glance when Cookie isn't looking at her face. Then, of course, Lildorrinene's dictum comes down, prompting her attention to a more immediate matter.

Tallesin:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Putting that fascinating bit aside, I think we have a pressing issue to consider. As you doubtless heard, Her Majesty has decided we should renege on our bargain with Cookie. Problem with her logic, such as it is, is that one bargain in bad faith tends to lose you repeat business, so we need to take him home before we leave. You sound like you don't have the spells to do that, though. Would I be correct on that?
    Snickett avatar by me.

I draw custom OotSatars. I'm wearing one now, and you can check out samples in my Gallery.

6. - Top - End - #426

Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry, I only glanced through the posts, I didn't read them carefully enough. Been trying to catch up on things, and got sloppy doing so. I never would have let the bargain go into the toilet. That said, she's a moody harridan that does unpopular things, so .... meh. No edit.
    "Oh, yes, that bargain," comes Lil's tepe. "Well, whatever you agree to, perform. I've been too focused on our end to look at the details. I'm a beguiler, Taleira, not a wagon."
    Show

7. - Top - End - #427
    Barbarian in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

Telepathic
    "Any businessman knows that keeping agreements is best in the long run- I will honor my promise. Cookie may not have fully helped us, but knowing the prophetess is not here is still valuable information, while helping him secures favor with the elves. However, I only prepared enough spells to get us in here and back out, with a few emergency alternatives. I did not expect to make four long-range trips today. If Peridot can bring the others back, I will take a smaller group along with Cookie to the elves, where we can attempt to further cement an alliance while I take a few hours to prepare for the final trip home. We could still be back before dawn, if we are quick about it."

OOC: Wasn't our ability to get here the first time dependent upon characters who now no longer exist? This trip back may be more difficult than first expected.
    Last edited by Ason; 2012-03-03 at 09:02 AM.

8. - Top - End - #428
    Ogre in the Playground

Telepathic

Atareth/Beast: "I've had an idea. Since we're talking about a mass exodus from the camp, but we're less worried about a mass exodus to a particular place, I think I have a solution. I can plane shift myself and up to seven others. Unlike normal teleportation magics, a creature is a creature is a creature. A horse or a vrock with teleport spells cost "more", but with plane shift, a creature doesn't take up more cabins on the ship because of size. I have a pretty good grasp of the planes in general, but my real scholar-interest is in geography [ooc]+23 mod[/ooc] to help find my way whenever I use this travel.

"I know that Lindor, the vrock, and probably most of Drew's buddies can teleport on their own. Dot can teleport others, as can Akhane (or am I mistaken?). That leaves Ireth, Sword, Cookie, and Tallesin as passengers, which we can more than accommodate."
    Current Games
    Curse of the Crimson Throne: Dušana Essert(Zeta), & Fathi (Phi) and Hülya (Eta) Sharif of House al-Din
    Legacy of Fire: Water Prince Rafiq Karim
    Rise of the Runelords: Keghart Valdemar & Valbard the Velociraptor
    Savage Tide: Rabbi Eliezer "Lazer" Whuraili Cohen ben Mordechai of Clan Ironoath of Oriadeth
    Serpent's Skull: Harsk! (yes, that one)
    Shattered Star: Lilim
    Strange Aeons: Dorn

9. - Top - End - #429

Taleira Ulharvyth

Well, there is an alternative solution, I suppose. Of late, I've managed to get myself a limited teleport, enough to get myself and my gear where I want to be in a pinch. No real room for passengers, which is why I haven't brought it up before, but I can bypass that if I'm not in a hurry. If you didn't already know, part of my gear is a bag of holding. I can do a solo trip with Cookie, shove him into my bag, take him, and handle anything I have to with the elves. That would leave the rest of you free to go back and get to work on investigation part two. That will use fewer party resources than Tallesin's solution, and you'd only be missing me, which mostly matters if your cover gets blown anyway.

Atareth:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Disregarding the fact that you're correct, if in a limited way, why would you think I can teleport? I've not used the ability.
    Snickett avatar by me.

I draw custom OotSatars. I'm wearing one now, and you can check out samples in my Gallery.

10. - Top - End - #430
    Orc in the Playground

Ireth

"You know, I also have an innate ability to teleport, which I can use to bring up to six people with me, with fair accuracy."
    Thanks, Telasi for the spectacular OotSatar!

Currently playing:
    In Debbie D's awesome "The Three Goddesses" game -Ireth, the shyest nymph you'll ever meet, bardic servant of the goddess of love.

11. - Top - End - #431
    Ogre in the Playground

Reply to Taleira, but tellied to group.
    Spoiler
    Show
    "I inferred from what was heard. Either I guessed lucky, or guessed wrong, but it doesn't matter. I'm still learning who can do what here. So, you can teleport ... but only yourself. And with Dot group teleporting (unless I got that wrong as well), Ireth group teleporting, several folks self-porting, and my plane shift for the leftovers, we have no problem getting us out of here. But I'd say let Ireth pop out with Sword, Cookie, and myself when I get there. And have Dot take anyone(-thing) in her group that can't get themselves moved. Then you, Lildorrinene, and the non-port-mobile followers of Dot can all get to the next site on own power. No, I think mobility is not a problem with this group, after all.

"Oh, and Ireth, I can't tell you how happy I am that you can move so many - making it less work to get Sword moved around. (He's worth 3 creatures to move, isn't he, since he's Large?) How ya doin, girl? Bored, or you observing stuff too?"
    Last edited by PSinger; 2012-03-04 at 12:32 AM.
    Current Games
    Curse of the Crimson Throne: Dušana Essert(Zeta), & Fathi (Phi) and Hülya (Eta) Sharif of House al-Din
    Savage Tide: Rabbi Eliezer "Lazer" Whuraili Cohen ben Mordechai of Clan Ironoath of Oriadeth

12. - Top - End - #432
    Orc in the Playground

Ireth

Unused to telepathic communication, the nymph shrugs, out on the street still staying with Sword just in case he she needs a fast getaway and absently taps her lips in thought before nodding to herself.

"Oh, you know, I'm just mostly bored but sitting out here with the biggest, strongest, handsomest guy in our group. Making sure to stay out of trouble as best I can, but you never know how it will go in a place like this. This being property thing (however falsely and temporarily) is just strange, you know? In any case, I don't really know about how many people Sword counts as, as I never really tried to teleport with anyone with me before.
    Thanks, Telasi for the spectacular OotSatar!

Currently playing:
    In Debbie D's awesome "The Three Goddesses" game -Ireth, the shyest nymph you'll ever meet, bardic servant of the goddess of love.

13. - Top - End - #433
    Ogre in the Playground

Atareth's Spellcraft (1d20+11)[22]

EDIT ...

Atareth tellies on an 'open transmission', as did Ireth: "Well, if I'm not mistaken, teleport powers usually count a big creature like a horse or an ogre as two normal-sized people, so that's not so bad.

"Oh,"
    she continues, knowing full well Tallesin's on the circuit as well, "be sure not to mention Sword's prowess - especially his endowment - to that other guy in the group. I don't think the male ego could handle it."
    Last edited by PSinger; 2012-03-04 at 12:32 PM.
    Current Games

14. - Top - End - #434
    Barbarian in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

Tallesin delivers a quick mental retort: "Dear Atareth, one rises to meet the challenge. ...What is it you fighters say? Tou- *pause* -ché? You see I'm a poet, and you didn't know it, what? Admittedly, the couplets were rather forced, but for improvisational verse, I've certainly heard worse."

On a more serious note, Tallesin adds, "Ireth, with your permission, I shall introduce you to Cookie as Taleira's and my accomplice so that you may more quickly deliver him."

Assuming Ireth's consent:
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Actually, Cookie, I just remembered a better alternative. My so-called slave is in truth a dear friend, disguised as a servant for her own safety among these chauvinists. She can bring the four of us, as well as her steed, to your city now, if you are ready to go. Shall we?"
    Last edited by Ason; 2012-03-05 at 10:19 AM.

15. - Top - End - #435
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

As they continue towards the scrolls, Dot sends to the group.

"I don't think that we're in any immediate danger - so don't teleport away if it screws up other plans, I'd say. If we can rendez-vous at the clearing where we first arrived, then it shouldn't be too hard for us to leave quietly, the way we came. But large groups popping in and out might put someone on to the fact that something more important is at play."
    "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut

16. - Top - End - #436

"Agreed," tepes Lindor. "No one goes until everyone's ready to go ... and stay gone."
    Show

17. - Top - End - #437
    Ogre in the Playground

The holy scrolls of Rohdan contain pretty much what the party suspected they would, a complete re-write of history from Rohdans point of view, which means that he did everything right while Philisar did everything wrong, and the world would have been so much better with him in charge instead of Philisar.
    As well, the scrolls seem to bear out what the priest told you, that the magics of Rohdan are not suited to the capture of souls. Its not that they are not capable of doing something so powerful, its just that they never really studied it.
    However, when looking through some stories of fairly recent history, Dot comes across the story of the sword. It seems that the hierarchy of the Rohdan church decided to build the sword to capture the souls of Tishtinians, Sabrinians and Nocticulans, however when it came to making the last part of the enchantment, they were not able to do so. They considered all their options, and decided that the mage/priests of Kotep were their best option. It required a lot of trickery to get the mage/priests to place the enchantment into a sword (actually, they had to trick them into not realizing it was being place in a sword) but they finally got it done.

18. - Top - End - #438

Time for us to thank our hosts, take our leave, and go ...
    Show

19. - Top - End - #439

Telepathically, the ring of a church bell. Then a second one, exactly the same, like an echo but not softer. "It's Melinda. Just checking in." She was getting used to this telepathy thing. "I just scried Sword. Ireth's alone and looks bored. I assume this means you're all split up throughout the camp. Is all well? Did you ever contact the elves?"

"Dot, Tali, Lil. I also wanted to tell you that I visited Kareth and found out that the reason why we don't remember beating Kotep's thaumaturges in the Cups is because we never did. The monks did. They remember everything about it. Has anyone made any progress on either Cassie or the mysterious H?"

20. - Top - End - #440

Taleira Ulharvyth

We're fine at my end, Tallesin and I have been working on the elves' spy here. He seems pretty sure that the Koteps are our prime suspects for soul-stealing. We're going to take him to the elves on our way out, but we haven't met up with them yet; we're waiting for Lildorrinene to finish reading up on Rohdan at the temple.
    Snickett avatar by me.

21. - Top - End - #441
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Dot

Dot nods to her 'father'. She adds to the telepathic chatter among the group.

"We've just been looking through the records of the church, which seem to bear out what the priests here claimed. They had nothing to do with Cassie's soul-theft. They did, however, work with, and indeed deceive, the followers of Kotep in crafting the black sword. The scrolls don't detail why they thought it was important that they steal the souls of followers of the Three, but perhaps they were inspired by stories elsewhere.

"In short, we've been tremendously successful in strengthening a theory. That theory is 'the wizard/priests of Kotep were the most likely candidates for such action."

22. - Top - End - #442

Completed with the scrolls, Lindor the Lucky nods to his companions and then takes them to the acolyte/ priest/ high priest he needs to in order to put the scrolls back in their custody. To the high priest, "Thank you, Father. We'll figure out a way for Kotep to take the fall for their magics. It might be fun to watch the Triple-Whammy Tarts take on the idiots from Magics 'R' Us. Might be something profitable to fall out of that mess.

"Swords high, padre, and we do appreciate the help you've given us. Here's a 250 gp donation foor the bucket."
    Spoiler
    Show
    As soon as it is registered as received, I (or you) will deduct it from my sheet.
    Show

23. - Top - End - #443
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Debbie is down for the count with a cold

The priest nods his acceptance of the donation and wishes you well on your journeys and battles against the "Triple-Whammy tarts."

On your way out of the temple, you see a training session skirmish under way, there appear to be about 10-12 warriors going through their paces. Sitting above it all in a rather plain throne is a powerfully built warrior, who looks much like the stereotypical barbarian. Even from here however, you can tell that he is likely at least 7 ft tall, and he has muscles in places where most of you dont even have places. He just radiates an aura of power and menace. At the moment, he seems rather bored with the displays below him, although you think it might be a calculated look and he is seeing more than he lets on.
    #GoreMutualarejerks

24. - Top - End - #444

"They outsourced the enchantment to the wizards? Kotep's wizards never would have agreed to enchant a blade. And I thought the Adversary himself forged the blade, why would... oh. Right. They got the enchantment first, then the Adversary Himself put the final touch on the blade. Makes sense." She shakes her head. "Wow, that's...really damning. And very informative. Maybe we can use that to our advantage when we go to Vardune. Great job, sisters."

"Dot, did you by any chance have the guts to swipe the original record and Fabricate a copy?"

25. - Top - End - #445

Lildorrinene tepes through the necklace, as I doubt Dot did (since that wasn't mentioned when Tolly had opportunity): "Dot has a peerless mind, and Lok has an eidetic memory .... the former has likely memorized the letter, and the latter has likely memorized the form.

"Okay, everybody, let's meet at the cooking tent. Looks like a large number of the encampment are enjoying the bloodsport, and I think I spot the uber-warrior there. No need to tangle with him.
    Show

26. - Top - End - #446
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Dot

Dot smiles as she hear's Melinda's voice superimposed over the violence in front of them. A fascinating contrast - a claymore and an epee.

"Guts? I suppose. But didn't think to do it. Nor is the duplication of documents something I've ever had the occasion to try before.

"I think I remember where that particular file was kept, so if need be, it wouldn't be so very much trouble to retrieve it later. So now, if I understand correctly, we are heading towards a rendez-vous point.

"And you? Will you have the opportunity to rejoin us, or is your own project keeping you too busy? I miss your insights."

27. - Top - End - #447

An amused chuckle filters through the telepathic connection. And I miss your good sense, Dot. I've managed to accomplish a bit while you were gone. What I will do next depends on your timetable for returning and setting out again, I think. I expected your efforts to take at least days, but it sounds more like I should be expecting you within a few hours, and Tali, maybe the elves''ll keep you longer for your report. If you leave me enough time to go to Kroy and argue with a few show producers, I will, but I'd like to come with you to Vardune if you go.

"Just tell me where you've ended up if you don't actually come back to Varstok, all right?"

28. - Top - End - #448
    Ogre in the Playground

Beast meets up with Eli the Eliminator's "slave" outside Cookie's tent. "I'm outside the tent .... 'boys.'"
    Current Games

29. - Top - End - #449

"Sounds like a good rendezvous point for all," tepes Lindor/ Lildorrinene. And that is where she (and Dot/ Lok/ Dot's menagerie, unless there's a conflict) goes.
    Show

30. - Top - End - #450
    Ogre in the Playground

Slowly but surely, the entire party is able to reconvene at Cookie's tent. The erstwhile cook of the war camp is a little unsure about the presence of people he still considers to supporters of Rohdan, and moves closer to Tallesin for defense. At the moment, the training exercise is taking up most of the attention of the camp, and the groups congregation has not been noticed. At the moment....