New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 16 of 50 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324252641 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #451
    Barbarian in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

Default Re: Three Goddesses - IC (Thread #2)

Tallesin remains in his undisguised form as the party enters, and he pulls Cookie aside to gently explain. Tallesin whispers, "Good sir, it appears Taleira and I may not have been one hundred percent open with you. Now, I trust you noticed that I have not changed back into 'Eli' as my so-called employer entered the tent, and I hope you recall my saying we had other allies that would need to teleport with us. Here they stand, as faithful to your cause as any friend. I apologize for not revealing their disguises earlier, but until our departure was at hand, I could not risk exposing my comrades' allegiances until absolutely necessary. A spy like yourself must surely understand such need for secrecy, but I assure you we are all no friends of Rohdan and his lot, however colorful a cast we may be. All that I said before still stands true (I may have equivocated, but I didn't lie), as does my offer of quick transport to your homeland, should you still be willing. If it makes you feel safer, I will personally guard you until reaching your destination."

2. - Top - End - #452
    Colossus in the Playground

"Speaking of quick transport," says Lindor, "this carriage is leaving the depot. Let's go."
    20MAR2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: The Worldwound (2013, Jacobs, Keith, et. al.).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Spoiler: Player Status
    Show
    bcool999: On hiatus through 01APR2024.

3. - Top - End - #453
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Dot waits patiently for Tallesin to explain what's going on with this Rhodanite.
    "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut

4. - Top - End - #454
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, if this is all of your crew, we should probably get going, they arent going to be distracted by that sparring match forever. Let me just get my staff and helmet, and we can be off. I would appreciate you teleporting me to the elf lands. The password, to bypass the wards, is Xyandra.

He picks up his staff and helmet, and waits on your teleport.
    The problem here is between the keyboard and the chair.

Life is full of questions. Chocolate is the answer.

Thanks to Telasi for the custom avatar.

5. - Top - End - #455

Lildorrinene and Lok-too-loo-baz (unless the PM-and-roll dictate otherwise) are standing by to self-port to the elven lands.
    20MAR2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: The Worldwound (2013, Jacobs, Keith, et. al.).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Show

6. - Top - End - #456
    Ogre in the Playground

As Cookie picks up his staff and helmet, the heretofor quiet Talbot (Lil's staff if you have forgotten) speaks up.
    HEY. How is it that a simple cook rates a staff of the magi? Dont lie to me boy, I know my own kind when I see it. And that helmet...wait a minute, thats a Helm of Brillance. You, You YOURE PLANNING A SUICIDE BOMBING OF THE ELVEN LANDS

Know: History DC:25
    Spoiler
    Show
    Its been many, many years since an attack like this has occured, but what Talbot is refering to is a person taking a staff of the magi and wearing a helm of brilliance, then voluntarily breaking the staff, voluntarily failing his save, causing not only the explosion of the staff but an overload explosion of the fully stocked helm of brilliance

Cookie begins to back away from the group, and just as he does so, a huge voice rings out through the camp.

INTRUDERS IN THE CAMP. AT THE AGENTS TENT. ALL GUARDS, TAKE THEM ALIVE.

Initiatives please.
    Last edited by Debbie_D; 2012-03-10 at 01:02 PM.

7. - Top - End - #457
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Dot

Dot flashes a message through the ruby necklaces.

"Well, like our suddenly-unfriendly hosts, I'm also committed to keeping us alive. I have a safe place for us to retreat to, and we can regroup there and head back to the temple."

She points and speaks a few harsh syllables. A broad, flashing disk, glowing with a pale blue light, appears inside the tent, next to Ireth and Sword, and large enough for Sword to pass through without ducking his head. Still looking like a young boy, she turns to the cook with a steady gaze, and speaks in her own voice.

"Come along if you want, or die here."

She gestures to her menagerie, and all three dive through. Beyond, it's possible to see a large chamber with an ornate geometric pattern on the walls and floor. There are a pair of doors visible in one wall, flanked by a pair of imposing statues of Amazons, about 9' tall. Dot smiles at her colleagues and steps through the portal.

Spoiler
    Show
    Casting Gate to connect to her Creche demiplane. All four of them head through.
    "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut

8. - Top - End - #458
    Ogre in the Playground

The gate appears and Dot and her menagerie are able to step through safely.
    Lil up.

9. - Top - End - #459

Lil takes a 5' step to the side. "Go! Go! Go! If something happens, I can port out. Atareth, get Sword and Ireth in here!"

Lindor/Lildorrinene delays her action for now (unlike ready, I don't have to state the trigger), but she's mainly waiting for everyone else to make it safely through the portal.
    Last edited by lostsole31; 2012-03-11 at 03:37 PM.
    Show

10. - Top - End - #460
    Ogre in the Playground

Lil readies her actions, calling out instructions to the rest of the group.
    Atareh up.

11. - Top - End - #461
    Ogre in the Playground

Beast (Atareth) calls out something in Celestial as she reaches her left arm in the air.
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Captain Arborea!"
    The wind in the tent blows some and there is a crackle of electricity and her heavy razored adamantine shield with Tishtina's symbol proudly displayed appears strapped and readied on that arm. At the same time, holy light surrounds not only Beast but also everyone in a 20' radius (blocked by normal barriers, of course). Everyone, even the evils, feel incredible power of protection vs evil in this glow. Finally, Targe-Wrecker, which she didn't seem to be wearing, pops out of Beast's tunic. No smaller than a knife, it pops right into her hands and up to normal size.

"Sword!" (s)he calls out to her mount, making sure she feels out as best she can with her empathic link as well as her voice. "I know it's a lovely forest if it weren't for the men here, but it's time for you and your new friend Ireth to get into this lovely magic barn Dot has made .... now, please."

The paladin will be damned if she's shown up by a succubus, and she steps on the opposite side of the portal. "Sorry, General, but I'm here to make sure the flag officer is safely out of here."

This heroism is enough to inspire others - if not to action against the men, then resolute and unpanicked retreat into the magic barn Dot has.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Breakdown

Standard Action to give command for her called shield.

Free Action (with lesser crystal of return) to pop her hideaway-propertied hammer into her hand at full size.

Free Action to raise her 'other shield', the protective aura.
    * Acts as lesser globe of invulnerability, so all 3rd level or lower spells (regardless of type) are suppressed while in the AoE.
    * Double-strength magic circle of protection vs evil.
    >>>> +4 deflection bonus to AC for all occupants vs attacks of evil creatures.
    >>>> +4 resistance bonus to all saves vs any save-based attacks of evil creatures.
    >>>>> Normal hedging of summoned creatures.
    >>>>> No mental domination active on subjects inside.

Free action for aura of courage, 10' radius. +4 saves vs fear, on top of +4 resistance bonus from aura.

Move action to get to other side of portal.

Atareth's sheet is updated for deflection bonus to AC and bonus saves, assuming everyone is evil.

Total AC 39, 40 to first opponent seen (Dodge).
    Last edited by PSinger; 2012-03-11 at 09:04 PM.
    Current Games
    Curse of the Crimson Throne: Dušana Essert(Zeta), & Fathi (Phi) and Hülya (Eta) Sharif of House al-Din
    Legacy of Fire: Water Prince Rafiq Karim
    Rise of the Runelords: Keghart Valdemar & Valbard the Velociraptor
    Savage Tide: Rabbi Eliezer "Lazer" Whuraili Cohen ben Mordechai of Clan Ironoath of Oriadeth
    Serpent's Skull: Harsk! (yes, that one)
    Shattered Star: Lilim
    Strange Aeons: Dorn

12. - Top - End - #462

PSinger
    Spoiler
    Show

Lindor gives Beast a look, and decides against arguing. "Don't trip on each other, but I don't know when they're getting here, so let's foil their targeting, huh?"

She casts mass invisibility on all allies and herself. She steps into the space beyond and turns around once she's gone far enough for even Sword and rider to come in. "Mind the gap."

As people step in, she'll be sure to talk to them to help them guide safely without running each other over, and she'll encourage others to do the same.
    Last edited by lostsole31; 2012-03-11 at 09:23 PM.
    Show

13. - Top - End - #463
    Ogre in the Playground

Atareth makes her presence felt, taking a leadership role and trying to get more people moving through the gate. Lil seems to defer to her for now, and casts an invisibility on the group to foul any targeted magic, and then steps through the gate. Sword follows right behind her as the group begins to make their way across the threshold.
    Taleira up.

14. - Top - End - #464
    Bugbear in the Playground

Taleira Ulharvyth

Sensing that a man who may or may not be suicidal enough to set off a retributive strike could be a threat, Taleira springs at Cookie and attempts to relieve him of the artifact in his hands, then twirls away to join Atareth in the rear-guard at the Gate.

Spoiler
    Show
    Karmic Strike active, AC is at 44.
    Move+Standard: Bounding Assault disarms on Cookie, then rear-guard at the Gate opposite from Atareth.

Disarm 1 (unarmed): (1d20+25)[34]
    Bounding Assault lets me get in two attacks, so retry if that fails.
    Disarm 2 (unarmed): (1d20+20)[22]
    Snickett avatar by me.

I draw custom OotSatars. I'm wearing one now, and you can check out samples in my Gallery.

15. - Top - End - #465
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Opposed rolls on disarm
    (1d20+21)[34] #1
    (1d20+21)[25] #2

Cookie manages to avoid being disarmed by Taleira, as she bounds back to her position beside the "gate", but its clear to him that the party is going to prevent him from coming through the gate.

Lok is up.
    Last edited by Debbie_D; 2012-03-12 at 06:21 PM.

16. - Top - End - #466

A flare of visions surround Lok that drift in, blur, and separate from himself, all looking like him. It took, literally, the speed of thought for this to occur.

Lok flies. He doesn't go anywhere, he is simply aloft and hovering in his squares. He then lashes out with claws, beak, and talons, first targeting the helm, then the staff, and then the man himself.
    Spoiler
    Show
    So, first, the setup ..."He picks up his staff and helmet." - This was the last listed action Cookie made. This means two things: a) he hasn't actually donned the helmet yet, it is a held item, and b) he hasn't gone yet this first round, so no AOOs from him.

Also, if he is holding both the staff and the helmet, that means the staff is held in one hand ... and therefore does not offer bonuses as a two-handed weapon for the purposes of disarming. Also, the helm of brilliance is not a melee weapon, so that will be a penalty for him as well.

I am referencing the following in having set up my actions: Disarm & Grabbing Items.

FA: Quicken SLA [mirror image], Images = (1d4+5)[7], max 8
    FA: Begin flying, but without moving anywhere. Since no height is gained, this is assumed to be no different than a 5' free move, even though his actual position didn't change 5'.

FAA: Because I don't want to hold people up with my "first attack" post, your resolution, my "second attack" post, etc. Here is what I want to do, and I continue on each action until success, and then move on to the next item:
    1) Disarm/ Grabbing Items maneuver to grab helmet of brilliance.
    * Lok's size advantage (+4) is cancelled out by his use of natural weapons (-4).
    * Cookie suffers an overall -4 penalty to his roll to keep from being disarmed, since the helmet is not a melee weapon.

2) Whether he grabs with claws, beak, or talons, the second objective is to snatch away the staff of the magi.
    * Same cancellation applies for Lok's size/natural weapons.
    * Cookie does not suffer the -4 penalty since a staff is a melee weapon. However, holding it in one hand he doesn't gain the +4 bonus, either. So, overall Cookie has no modifier(+0) in keeping from having the staff disarmed.

3) If Lok has any attacks left over, use them to trip Cookie to keep him from trying to follow into the portal. Not that there's really any place for it in D&D, but having a large fat man on the floor might prove an impediment for anyone else coming in. Lok gets a +4 on Trip attempts for size. Size of weapon (i.e., light weapon) is immaterial on a trip. Cookie avoids with a straight-up Strength or Dexterity roll.

4) If Lok scored perfectly ... that is, first claw took helmet, second claw took staff, and beak tripped Cookie, then the talons will be used to tear at the fallen man.

Attack 1 (Disarm, Claw 1): (1d20+24)[42]
    Attack 2 (Disarm, Claw 2): (1d20+24)[28]
    Attack 3 (if still disarming, Bite): (1d20+22)[29]
    Attack 4 (Disarming or Attack, Talons): (1d20+22)[40]
    * If no longer disarming, and other three objectives have been met, then this is simply the attack roll, and Cookie takes (1d6+6)[9]

TRIPS
    Attack 3 (Bite, if tripping): (1d20+12)[24]
    Attack 4 (Talons, if tripping): (1d20+12)[19]

Wow, this is the problem with pbp ... in trying to make sure of objectives-per-attack, this is probably the most complicated attack sequence I've had to map out .... and it isn't even that complicated. Whew.

EDIT: Looking at the numbers, the first one hopefully succeeded, but the next two disarm attempts probably failed, and hopefully the talons finally snatched the staff away? So I'm guessing that the snatches (hopefully) were successful, but he probably wasn't tripped or hurt ... we'll see.
    Last edited by lostsole31; 2012-03-12 at 10:15 PM.
    Show

17. - Top - End - #467

Reposting to update subscriptions. I don't want to repost the original, since there were rolls involved.
    Show

18. - Top - End - #468
    Ogre in the Playground

Between Taleira and Loks attempts to struggle with Cookie, they manage to wrest the helm and the staff away from him. At first, he seems angry at losing possession of both items, but then he smiles.

Ireth up.

19. - Top - End - #469
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Debbie_D View Post

Ireth up.
    Unless Ireth is still mounted on Sword, in which case Sword carries her right into the portal. Not sure on that, so I will wait for confirmation from her. After that, Tallesin is up. So far, only Taleira, Lok and Atareth have not passed the portal threshold, Dot&Co and Lil have.

20. - Top - End - #470
    Orc in the Playground

Ireth

As Sword gallops through the portal, there is a a brief flash of anger from the nymph, and a cry of dismay that is cut off by a flash of light as they disappear.
    Thanks, Telasi for the spectacular OotSatar!

Currently playing:
    In Debbie D's awesome "The Three Goddesses" game -Ireth, the shyest nymph you'll ever meet, bardic servant of the goddess of love.

21. - Top - End - #471

Lok-too-loo-baz looks at Cookie, knowing that the fat man has yet to act. "Go ahead, meatsock. Try it."
    Spoiler
    Show
    Free Vocals to speak. Game-wise, I can't use an Intimidation check, so this is more for fluff. If it matters, though, his modifier is +31 against Cookie.
    Show

22. - Top - End - #472
    Ogre in the Playground

Ireth gallops through the gate with Sword, finding herself in Dot's creche

Tallesin up.

23. - Top - End - #473
    Barbarian in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

Tallesin draws his sword, scowls at his betrayer and flies up and around to ensure a clear line of sight. "I may have equivocated, but you, Cookie, are a liar! Now, crumble." With that, a thin green ray shoots out at the chef from Tallesin's hand.

Next casting a more intricate spell, wizard telepathically shouts out to the party, "This force wall and spell ward should delay him until the Gate is closed. Let us depart quickly." Finally, Tallesin becomes almost a blur as he rushes into Dot's personal sanctum and casts a last abjuration to hold off pursuers. However, this final spell seems to have taken its toll, and after finishing everything, the man reels back in a daze from exhaustion.

Translation
    Spoiler
    Show
    1. Draw greatsword- free action [Crystal of Return, Lesser]
    2. Fly short distance above/around party for clear line of sight- move action (party is invisible, so Tallesin flies to position where no one would reasonably be blocking him)
    3. Quickened Disintegrate- swift action [Duskblade Quick Cast]; Ranged Touch Attack: (1d20+19)[24], Fort Save DC: 23, Failed Save Damage: (36d6)[133], Successful Save Damage: (5d6)[14], SR Check: (1d20+5)[10]
    4. Wall of Force to isolate Cookie from everyone else- standard action [force specialty: dispel DC is +4]
    5. Activate Celerity [PHBII 105]- immediate action [grants a standard action]
    6. Mobile Spellcasting [CAdv 111] for Tallesin to pass through Dot's Gate (Concentration Check DC is 25 (1d20+24)[36]; if check fails, the spell fails but move still happens) and cast Extended Refusal [SpC 171] to protect the Gate- standard action (special condition "being a follower -or ally of a follower- of any of the love goddesses")

Last edited by Ason; 2012-03-13 at 08:51 PM. Reason: I love me some grammar

24. - Top - End - #474
    Ogre in the Playground

Cookie manages to survive the onslaught of magics attacking him, but might or might not be able to follow them through. In a rage, he screams at the party.
    You bitches think you have won here but you've won nothing. Your triple slut isnt going to come to pass, if need be, Rohdan will kill them all. The whole world hates you, you'll never get away with what you are trying to do. Every deity is going to side with Rohdan on this one, Philisar wont be able to pull the wool over everyone's eyes like he always does, no one wants to see the world have some ultra powerful sex goddess and no one wants some trollop leading the world around by the nose. The parts of the world where your deity's hold no sway will all rise up against you, think anyone in the far east will help you, think again. All the moralists like Michael and Silescia will join against the strumpet, she will be cast down. All the non-human freaks arent going to accept having some hussy ruling their love lives, they'll be with us too. A woman, leading an entire pantheon, what a stupid idea, and an adulteress to boot, who would take that seriously? You claim to be good and yet you follow a demon, thats a real good act. You fornicators can justify anything to keep leading your deviant oversexed lives as you want. And you demons, you think youre going to be fully accepted in this new faith? They'll end up exterminating you or ostracizing you, you'll be totally marginalized. The harlot has no chance to rule, no chance to exist, we will destroy you all.
    The spittle is just flying from his mouth by now, and his eyes are wild with rapture with his god.

25. - Top - End - #475

The thing is, with mass invisibility, the first person to make an attack negated the spell for everyone ... oh, well. Lildorrinene steps over 5' to make sure she has an angle to see Cookie. She shakes her head. "No, Cookie, they follow me on this mission because they know that for now, I understand the mindset of Rohdanites like I understand the Abyss. When She comes to pass, the leadership will no longer belong to me than to an angel ... this is for the mortals; I merely hope to gain from it."

She then looks at him and concentrates. "You really fear this, don't you, Cookie? I want to help you face your fears, then ..."
    Spoiler
    Show
    FA: Move 5'.
    MA: A little extra 'speaking room.'
    SA: Silent Stilled phantasmal killer, making this auto Cloaked Casting.
    * If Cookie has SR, CL check (1d20+20)[39]
    * DC 33 Will save to disbelieve. If failed, then DC 33 Fort save or die from fear. If Will failed, but Fort succeeds, then only take (3d6)[5] damage.

Even if this spell fails, the psychological effects are good enough for Lil, and will probably make him cower (RP) until we're gone.
    Show

26. - Top - End - #476

Lok-too-loo-baz steps into the other-dimensional pocket where he will fit, and looks out at the front of the tent, readying his mind for what may come. "Ireth, I think you are a druid-bard, but I am not sure. Are you an actual sorcerer or wizard; not general arcane, but an actual sorcerer or wizard? or, are you good at 'commandeering' magical items? This is an important question, Tishtinian."
    Spoiler
    Show
    Debbie, see PM.

Vulash, he's basically asking if you have access to the sorcerer/ wizard spell list, or if you're good at the skill Use Magic Device if you are more bard-y.
    Show

27. - Top - End - #477
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    another miracle save made

Cookie survives the magical assualt of Lil, although just barely.
    Atareth up, followed by Taleira.

28. - Top - End - #478
    Orc in the Playground

Ireth

Looking around the dimensional pocket she has been supplanted into, her face a careful mask of blankness, the nymph responds "By the three faces of the Goddess, where is this? And I am a bard with natural talents (pun not intended), and excellent at coaxing both people and magic items into working as needed."
    Thanks, Telasi for the spectacular OotSatar!

Currently playing:
    In Debbie D's awesome "The Three Goddesses" game -Ireth, the shyest nymph you'll ever meet, bardic servant of the goddess of love.

29. - Top - End - #479

Lildorrinene is not angry that Cookie survived unscathed. She respects a seeming physical type that can withstand her powers like by mustering tremendous willpower. If it was crucial he die, she might be more upset, but she is happy enough that he had to have some concept of how close he came to dying outright.

[ooc]The following happens as the last two get inside and Dot closes the portal (assuming we can do that without further issue). I am typing this out now, because I don't know what's going to happen with me in the next few days, so the 'timeline' of its event can occur a little afterwards, of course.[/ooc]

Lok-too-loo-baz looks at Ireth and says, "Here hold this, and use this well in the service of the One." He does so while firmly putting Cookie's staff of the magi in Ireth's hands, making sure she grabs it with both hands. His immense claw-hands hold there for a second, as if physically trying to make Ireth understand the solemnity and power she holds.

Lildorrinene watches this with confusion, and then says, "What the hell do you think you're doing?! As my servant, I define what you do with such things ... and we'll get to the helmet. If nothing else, it's a group decision, not yours."

The vrock looks only mildly penitent at his mistress. "As a head cleric of a kingdom owes his soul to his god first, and his fealty to his liege second, so I serve the One through you."

Lildorrinene looks at him and says flatly. "I see. Then explain why an artifact of that level should go squarely into the hands of someone who hasn't been with us before now. Dot and Taleira - the latter a Nocticulan, mind you - have long been with us and proven themselves again and again."

Lok answers, "You said yourself, My Mistress, we outsiders have our part to play, and our profit to reap. But the determination of the Worlds Beyond will ultimately be decided on the humble Prime, and that leadership, regardless of who, will be those of the world ... not you, not Taleira, not Atareth, and as your servant most assuredly not I. We are manipulators and agents of what is to be, not its architects.

"Nocticulans, not counting Lia who is no longer here (for now), are now all outsiders, or very nearly. And you already have such a staff, so that power exists within our 'camp.' Taleira has immense physical prowess to protect herself.

"Dot is a mighty conjuror, and would make great use of the staff, but her versatility, offensively and defensively, is more than matched by her menagerie and personal spells. That, and most importantly, the Sabrinites are more than accounted for in this group.

"That leaves the Tishtinians, who consist of an angel - who must (I hope) understand what I have said - and an elf. Ireth's powers are meant to help, heal, and bolster everyone else. Though I am sure her druidic powers are not without some offensive merit, personally she needs the staff most. Within her group, they need something to make up for their small numbers. Holistically, her flexibility is maximized and the force multiplier is not left to depend on others for battlefield control and personal offense/ defense.

"In the end, I suppose, it is up to the group. But I believe that a 'vote' would be unfair, given that the Tishtinians number only two."

Lok looks at the rest of the group. "I am not you ... I was not chosen as one of you. And I am sure that the rest of you are looking at the pretentious vrock and measuring the level of his audacity against your umbrage. I beg you to ask yourselves this question .... Whom do you serve, and to what end?

"If you serve the One, through the manner in which your connection with your Goddess has given you a foundational philosophy, but are willing to change all you know for whatever the One may become, then you have embraced your mission. If you serve your Goddess (one of three), and seek to advance her within the status of the One ... then you still really only serve your singular Goddess, and the concept of the One is merely a reach for more power for your goddess.

"I do not care about who ends up 'in control' ... and I worry that this is something that will hurt us all, that sense of 'who will come out on top.' Who cares? She - the One Goddess - is what matters. After you succeed in your mission - for it is really still your mission and I just happen to be here - you will have been at the epicenter of great and wonderful change. Cookie did not lie; any falsehood he might have spoke was in the level, but he did not lie. There will be great outrage and dissent should you succeed, and even in attempting to stop your success ... from every corner of the known worlds.

"If you - we - anyone we know and can affect ... worries about the face of Tishtina, or Sabrina, or Nocticula being stronger than the other, than no matter what part of the Prophecy you have answered in action, philosophically we have all failed, and we will not have the strength to help the nascent Faith-To-Be protect itself against its many detractors. If we continue to think in a three-faction-in-one mindset, and not a One Goddess, One Faith sense, then the One's power shall wane and it is we who are responsible.

"So, if you feel that I have erred in the judgement of who gets what I grabbed, I am sure that you can figure it out amongst yourselves. I await summary punishment if that is the consensus. But understand that I stand ready to be destroyed - easily by ladies and a man of such power as you wield individually and collectively, which far outstrips my own - and will fight to my last claw, scale, and feather if it turns out that the Life of the One is being forfeited to temporal squabbles and earthly power plays. After all this, though, I still serve the One through my Mistress, should she still have me.

"Oh, and while I grabbed and would love to have this helm, I am still only a servant, and it is not mine to keep.
    Just don't give it to anyone with a staff, okay? That's begging for trouble."
    Show

30. - Top - End - #480
    Ogre in the Playground

"Taleira," says Atareth, "I'll be the last gal in, get going. I have a final farewell to give, and it might hurt you in particular."
    Current Games
    Curse of the Crimson Throne: Dušana Essert(Zeta), & Fathi (Phi) and Hülya (Eta) Sharif of House al-Din
    Legacy of Fire: Water Prince Rafiq Karim
    Rise of the Runelords: Keghart Valdemar & Valbard the Velociraptor
    Savage Tide: Rabbi Eliezer "Lazer" Whuraili Cohen ben Mordechai of Clan Ironoath of Oriadeth
    Serpent's Skull: Harsk! (yes, that one)
    Shattered Star: Lilim
    Strange Aeons: Dorn