New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 20 of 50 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122232425262728293045 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #571
    Barbarian in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

Default Re: Three Goddesses - IC (Thread #2)

Melinda & Dot
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Plane Shift is not currently among my arsenal, though I have been meaning to acquire it for some time. I had hoped to purchase it while in Sigil, but perhaps I can offer Peridot one of my own recorded spells in exchange for her teaching me a spell. Would a copy of my Moment of Prescience be a suitable thank you for copying your Plane Shift, Mistress Peridot? The sharing of knowledge can easily wait until Sigil, given our rushed schedules at present."

"I will gladly take you to Kroy, but given our upcoming expedition, I would rather delay my other search for now, as spells to save our lives outrank saying farewell to her. As for the Nocticulans, avoiding them is how I survived this long already: you needn't warn me twice. I would actually like to speak more on that subject with you later, Melinda, if you would be so kind. Once your affairs in Kroy have begun and my presence is thus less relevant, then I will attempt to join Peridot and the others in Sigil, with your leave."

2. - Top - End - #572
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Dot nods a bit uncertainly at Melinda's suggestion.

Spoiler
    Show
    It depends a bit on how much of the canon Sigil we're using, and how much is just "someplace over there where we party". My preference, to be honest, is for the latter, in which case everything you've suggested makes sense, Kalirren. By canon, you can't divine (including Sendings), plane shift or teleport into or out of Sigil, which is why the door was described in detail. But really, the only point in me suggesting Sigil in the first place was for a non-plot-connected place to shop and get some work done. So, if Debbie's fine with it, I'm more than happy to roll with this and get us moving again.

Ason: I don't have Plane Shift, but you're welcome to take Greater Plane Shift, which I'm assuming is also usable for you. I've got MoP, and am am happy to have you 'owe' me a spell to be claimed later.

"Why don't we take a few minutes and you can copy down the spell now, Ason. We can worry about reciprocating the favour once you get to the hotel."
    "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut

3. - Top - End - #573

SamuraiGirl

Tallesin replies happily, "Certainly. I shall begin the transcription immediately, before leaving with Melinda. I am in your debt, good lady."

OOC: Toliudar, want me to PM you a list of possible spells for Dot to copy in exchange? Or did you have something else in mind for repayment?

4. - Top - End - #574
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Dot described the Door she left for you in great detail. Lets go with that for your way in

SIGIL
    The party going to Sigil immediately head to the door that Dot has established. They step through, and are almost instantly transported to Sigil. To Dot, of course, everything is as it should be. Sigil, a city where one sees a purple worm slithering down the street, while overhead a roc and a gold dragon have to execute a remarkable mid air course correction to avoid smashing into each other. A balor and a pit fiend are sitting playing a game of chess and while there might be a bar fight, its more likely about how the Leafs should fire Blowhard Brian Burke as opposed to a marilith gutting some hapless peasants who happen to be under the protection of a Michael Bindar paladin. She recognizes the street she has picked out as the arrival spot and knows the Inn that she told the rest of the party to meet her at is 3 blocks to the right.
    The problem here is between the keyboard and the chair.

Life is full of questions. Chocolate is the answer.

Thanks to Telasi for the custom avatar.

5. - Top - End - #575
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Ason View Post
    Tallesin replies happily, [COLOR="DarkOrange"]OOC: Toliudar, want me to PM you a list of possible spells for Dot to copy in exchange? Or did you have something else in mind for repayment?
    Dot's a businesswoman and a trader in information and services. Why don't we just say that she's doing this in exchange for a future favour? Simple is good.

Dot in Sigil

"And if you look up and to your left, you'll see the Hall of Speakers. Right now we're in the Lady's Ward. We can discuss the Lady later. That way gets you to the Market Ward. If you'd like to come shopping this evening, I'd be delighted to show you the Grand Bazaar.

"The Four Doves is right over there. It was the only decent inn that I could think of here that has a stables. Most people here walk, since long-distance travel tends to involve a portal of some kind.

"Oh, many of the locals use a kind of dialect that helps denote, well, that you are a local. There are a few people who look down on you because you don't use it. But the vast majority of Sigilians pay closest attention to the universal translator - gold."
    Last edited by Toliudar; 2012-03-29 at 10:20 PM.
    "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut

6. - Top - End - #576
    Ogre in the Playground

Sooo, how does Atareth get Sword there if they don't use a spell? Sword's not climbing any trees, Sword can't hold a bunch of nails in any configuration in his ... hands, and it would seem cheesy to be magic-wanded just 'cause. Atareth would tell Sword the problem, and that he might have to wait until Lildorrinene goes.
    Last edited by PSinger; 2012-03-29 at 10:03 PM.
    Current Games
    Curse of the Crimson Throne: Dušana Essert(Zeta), & Fathi (Phi) and Hülya (Eta) Sharif of House al-Din
    Legacy of Fire: Water Prince Rafiq Karim
    Rise of the Runelords: Keghart Valdemar & Valbard the Velociraptor
    Savage Tide: Rabbi Eliezer "Lazer" Whuraili Cohen ben Mordechai of Clan Ironoath of Oriadeth
    Serpent's Skull: Harsk! (yes, that one)
    Shattered Star: Lilim
    Strange Aeons: Dorn

7. - Top - End - #577
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Spoiler
    Show
    It's relatively easy for Dot to either polymorph Sword into a smaller form, or into a humanoid form. Alternately, if Atareth prefers, we can telekinetically lift Sword up to the portal.

8. - Top - End - #578
    Ogre in the Playground

I guess it's up to Sword if he's willing to go through the traumatic ordeal of turning into humanoid form.

A creature is a creatre. Fine to Tiny to Colossal. So I think that 'carrying' a creature won't work in bringing it across tricky planar portals. They are usually pretty absolute with little leeway for creatures as carried objects or mounts. The same with the lifting, because Sword still can't hold the four iron nails in his "hands."

So it comes down to polymorphing, and that's a character consideration and whether the DM really feels that Sword is so desperate to go to Sigil as to be polymorphed or not. If Sword feels like he'd be abandoned, Atareth will stay behind since it's not a mission anyway. She can work out in Kroy as well as she can in Sigil.
    Current Games
    Curse of the Crimson Throne: Dušana Essert(Zeta), & Fathi (Phi) and Hülya (Eta) Sharif of House al-Din
    Savage Tide: Rabbi Eliezer "Lazer" Whuraili Cohen ben Mordechai of Clan Ironoath of Oriadeth

9. - Top - End - #579
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Spoiler
    Show
    The nails open the portal for an unspecified number of rounds. Think of this not as a teleportation spell, affecting only willing participants, and more like a teleportation circle, affecting everything that enters it. RAW, nonliving materials and unwilling creatures take portals into Sigil all the time - it's how building materials and food animals end up in the city.

Again, I would really recommend not thinking too hard about this. If you the player don't want to go, that's entirely up to you.
    Last edited by Toliudar; 2012-03-30 at 12:18 AM.

10. - Top - End - #580
    Ogre in the Playground

Fair enough. Sword doesn't deserve to be mage-handled so roughly, though.

She'll carry him up into that tree. (Before you ask, yes ... yes she is. And she wants a manual that can make her even more ridiculous.)
    Current Games

11. - Top - End - #581
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Spoiler
    Show
    I'll have you know that Dot has been complimented several times - and once in writing - on the subtlety and effectiveness of her Mage Hand technique.

12. - Top - End - #582
    Ogre in the Playground

The innkeeper recognizes Dot when she walks in, and gives only a cursory glance to her companions.

Back for another visit, Dot? How long will you be staying this time, and how many rooms will you be needing?

13. - Top - End - #583
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Dot

"Ah, Mistress Valencia, it has been far too long. Six rooms for six nights, I believe. Three extra beds in one of the rooms, and one of your ogre cots in another. And a stall in your stables for a Most Special Horse, deserving of Most Special Treatment."

She pulls out a small purse, glances inside with a nod, and sets the entire purse down on the desk.

"That should cover us. A few of my guests will need access to your training facilities - still on the roof, are they? And...you wouldn't happen to know if the Circlers still maintain their lab and facilities on Walpole Lane? Nothing against the market, but sometimes it's nice go straight to the manufacturer, if you know what I mean."

Once keys are distributed, Dot goes through a few minutes of 'Surviving in Sigil' with the others.

"...and don't go into the Hive alone, no matter how badass you're feeling. The portal back is not in the same place that we landed when we arrived, so we should meet back here. Say, the lobby here at noon in six days?"

14. - Top - End - #584
    Ogre in the Playground

"Sounds great," says Atareth, "thank you!"
    Current Games

15. - Top - End - #585
    Colossus in the Playground

Lildorrinene begins her reading/ training/ other (as PM). Strike her comment about Starwyn begin former leader of Shandar and worried about his replacement .... that knowledge really wasn't available until after this week.

But, yes, Lildorrinene finds out that in the short interim of our visit there, his foiled plot, and our coming to Zanthia ... Starwyn was deposed.

Lildorrinene will aid Lok' in his studies into Gehenna.
    Knowledge [Planes]: (1d20+7)[14]
    * Her weakest subject. She has a fair amount of very general knowledge, owing to her background, but not a true planar scholar like Lok. She's always been far more interested (as befits a succubus) in the mortal realms.

EDIT: Lildorrinene is still helpful in assisting Lok', but not as much as someone closer to Lok's skill. Still his 41 (with her +2) becomes a 43 concerning Gehenna .... plus any modifiers for the library here in Kroy.

I think Lok' will have whatever knowledge is needed on Gehenna .... effects, survival, places, power structure, planar effects on various alignments, magic, etc. ...
    Last edited by lostsole31; 2012-03-31 at 01:49 PM.
    11APR2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Demons Revisited (2013, Jacobs).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Spoiler: Player Status
    Show
    ClasyCrow: On hiatus through 11MAY2024.

16. - Top - End - #586
    Ogre in the Playground

Valencia doesnt even bother to count, or even open the purse, her long association with Dot makes her know that she would never cheat her. She hands over the required keys, and beckons to three pages, one to run to the stables with instructions for the lodging of Sword and the other two to take anybody's bags to their room if need be.

Yes, the facilities are still located on the roof, and they should notice a few upgrades. Times have been okay, and Ive been able to spend a bit on improvements.
    And yes, the Circlers still have their main operation on Walpole.

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    Its up to you as to where you go now.

17. - Top - End - #587
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Dot's going to spend her mornings and early afternoons in reading, then head off to tour the shops in search of items etc as per PM. Others are welcome to join her. Evenings will be spent either in study, researching Gehenna, or else will head out to get into some minor bits of trouble/fun with other members of the group.

On the second-last day of their stay, she'll renew the bindings on her menagerie.

18. - Top - End - #588
    Bugbear in the Playground

Taleira Ulharvyth

Taleira nods in response to Dot's warnings. "Here, six days from now, at noon. Got it."

Over the course of the week, Tali works out with Atareth as promised, does some unspecified shopping, and takes in the attractions of Sigil. If anybody wants, she'll join them on whatever they're up to.
    Snickett avatar by me.

I draw custom OotSatars. I'm wearing one now, and you can check out samples in my Gallery.

19. - Top - End - #589
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Telasi View Post
    Over the course of the week, Tali works out with Atareth as promised, does some unspecified shopping, and takes in the attractions of Sigil. If anybody wants, she'll join them on whatever they're up to.
    We are SO going to be the hottest things in spandex on the gym floor. (Okay, maybe not spandex.)

Atareth will tourist it up with Tali.
    Current Games

20. - Top - End - #590
    Ogre in the Playground

Several days into the partys stay in Sigil, after all of their commercial concerns have been satisfied, the group happens to convene in the common room of their inn. A night on the town might seem to be in order for the group, and the two nearest bars would be The Tall Towers or The Sparkling Diamond.

21. - Top - End - #591
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Dot fiddles with a new pair of glasses she's wearing, platinum and mithril wound together around a pale blue quartz, and she has a great deal of fun looking over the rims, around the eges. Zippy and Tasha are back in her room, but Clyde continues to loom nearby, now in the form of a youthful and exuberantly muscled human man with a shaven and well-oiled torso. She seems more relaxed than normal - a few days in Sigil seeming to have done her a world of good.

"May I suggest the Sparkling Diamond, friends? Given our recent challenges with all things diamond-related, this might be an excellent opportunity for a geological peace-making, so to speak."

22. - Top - End - #592

Taleira Ulharvyth

"Sounds good to me." Taleira looks up from changing the amethyst pommel-stone on her sword for a faintly luminescent emerald. "I'd say it's funny watching you all get drunk, but I'm somehow the lightweight here." She shakes her head, amused.
    Snickett avatar by me.

I draw custom OotSatars. I'm wearing one now, and you can check out samples in my Gallery.

23. - Top - End - #593
    Orc in the Playground

Ireth

"Oh, I don't know...So long as we can get dinner there as well, I'll be happy. I haven't had a really nice spread for a while. I almost forgot what violets taste like," the nymph adds while positively beaming and trying different dresses of hers on before settling on a simple cream sundress.
    Thanks, Telasi for the spectacular OotSatar!

Currently playing:
    In Debbie D's awesome "The Three Goddesses" game -Ireth, the shyest nymph you'll ever meet, bardic servant of the goddess of love.

24. - Top - End - #594

SamuraiGirl

Having taken in the wonders of Sigil, Tallesin's always fashionable clothes have morphed significantly to accommodate the mishmash of exotic planar trends. He chimes in, "It would be a crime against good taste and judgment to leave without sampling the city's wines. Besides, it would be a delight to hear our own bards regale us with a song or two: it has been far too long since last I heard such sweet music. Besides, our patrons are love goddesses: sink me, the bars are practically temple courtyards for our faiths."
    Last edited by Ason; 2012-04-04 at 03:26 PM.

25. - Top - End - #595
    Ogre in the Playground

Atareth is even ready for a night on the town. She wears a shimmering gold top over a flowing purple-and-gold jacquard skirt, and a golden tulle headdress with two tulle lengths luxuriously going from headdress to wasitline.

And a fabulous pair of shoes. She has shoes with a gold sheen and a higher heel that makes her butt and her legs look fantastic.

"Sounds good to me!" she says cheerily.
    Last edited by PSinger; 2012-04-04 at 03:36 PM.
    Current Games

26. - Top - End - #596

Even to Melinda's practiced eye, the two establishments looked like six of one, half of dozen of the other. But Dot was practically a local, and that made all the difference.

"You know I always like meeting new people," Melinda agrees. Her dress is a stately, monochrome black - and she has a bearing to sing the night long.
    Of the Core classes, Bard is the best. It optimizes the most important resource of them all: play time.

Grieve not greatly if thou be touched a-light, for an after-stroke is better if thou dare him smite.
    The Play with the Two-Hand Sword in Verse, circa 1430. British Museum manuscript #3542, ff 82-85.

Current avatar: Sascha Kincaid, a lost country girl in a big city. Aldhaven: Vicious Betrayals

27. - Top - End - #597
    Ogre in the Playground

The Sparkling Diamond has plenty of patrons tonight, the music from the band currently on stage is setting a festive mood, the mingled aromas from the food is enough to make any mouth water, and the booze is flowing freely.
    In accordance with the name of the establishment, everyone is sporting massive amounts of bling, there is not a hand in the place that is free of a ring or other adornment, the necklaces are in multitude, jewelry is everywhere, and it would seem to be a fashion faux pas to be wearing a piece that wouldnt fetch five figures on the open market. The ruby necklaces worn by the group seem to recognize this and they are shining just a little bit more, the uniqueness of them and the fact that they match each other, helps the group to taken seriously.
    There is one gentleman, near the middle of the floor, that seems to outshine everyone. Every one of his fingers bears a ring, each ring with a stone on it that would be big enough to choke a cat. He is draped with necklaces, brooches, amulets, and armbands, among others. His suit appears to be made of purple velvet and all in all, he is a fashion statement to rival even that of Tallesin. He is currently surrounded by no less than 5 gorgeous women, and sitting beside them are 4 bodygaurds (2 to each side), any one of them looks like they would be able to tear a fully stocked spell book in half.

(Could everyone please make a spot check)

28. - Top - End - #598

Melinda's first thought upon beholding the ostentatious display is to wonder if all the stones are -real-. Sure, it'd be easy for someone with a good imagination and an eye for the craft to just make up an outfit like that. But in this establishment, fake jewelry was probably against the dress code. And given that every one of those stones was real, every one of them had a story, she was sure.

She turns to her friends with a tentative look. "Lukasz, Tallesin, Dot?" (I presume the vrock's in disguise.) "You see that man over there? yeah, that one? Anyone who has a collection of jewelry that big and wears them all around like that has got to be in custody of more than a few secrets." And souls, but she was content to leave that out. "I've got a mind to wheedle a story or two out of him, but it feels like such a bad idea. Give me odds I'll come away from that table with my own mind, body, and soul, and still in possession of this." She raises a hand to her own chest, and puts two fingers on her necklace.
    Last edited by Kalirren; 2012-04-05 at 02:43 PM.
    Of the Core classes, Bard is the best. It optimizes the most important resource of them all: play time.

Grieve not greatly if thou be touched a-light, for an after-stroke is better if thou dare him smite.
    The Play with the Two-Hand Sword in Verse, circa 1430. British Museum manuscript #3542, ff 82-85.

Current avatar: Sascha Kincaid, a lost country girl in a big city. Aldhaven: Vicious Betrayals

29. - Top - End - #599
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Dot smiles, and looks over at the man.

"Ostentation of that scale does suggest extremes of other kinds - so he's either very very dangerous, or very very stupid. Perhaps both. I think that you speaking with him sounds like a very good way of determining which. And I'd place your survival rate at close to 100%. We've got your back."

Spoiler
    Show
    Dot will focus her Arcane Sight on the man and his entourage. What kind of magic auras is she picking up?

Dot will prepare to cast Benign Transposition on Melinda and Clyde if there's any indication of danger or hostile behaviour from the man or his entourage.

30. - Top - End - #600
    Ogre in the Playground

Melinda, because she is used to it, and Ireth, because she spots it, notice a pattern about this man, before Melinda can go to approach him.
    Every so often, a woman will approach him, they are always above average in terms of looks, and each one of them will give him some gold, some more than others. If one gives him an above average amount of gold, he will kiss them on the cheek, pat them on the rump, whisper something to them and send them on their way. If they only give an average amount, his demeanor changes, he becomes cold and displeased with them.
    Finally, a woman that is a few years younger approaches him, shes not as pretty as the others, and when she gives him coin, its silver, and not gold. A look of fury crosses his face, and he throws the coin on the floor, and slaps her full across the face.
    DONT COME BACK HERE UNTIL YOU HAVE SOMETHING WORTHWHILE TO GIVE ME