New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 27 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2171819202122232425262728293031323334353637 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #781
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Three Goddesses - IC (Thread #2)

Initiative Order
    Dot 26
    Melinda 23
    Warriors 19
    Atareth 17
    Taleira 16
    Tallesin 16
    Lil 15
    Ireth 14

Dot is up, Melinda has entered the room, I assume that the party was back to their original formation which would have Taleira and Atareth leading the way so they are in the doorway now.
    The problem here is between the keyboard and the chair.

Life is full of questions. Chocolate is the answer.

Thanks to Telasi for the custom avatar.

2. - Top - End - #782
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Dot

"Perhaps we can defuse this situation in the same way we did with the giants."

Glancing into the room at the four warriors, Dot decides that she can do everything that she needs to do from here. Quickly, she begins weaving a spell.

Spoiler
    Show
    Knowledge (Local) to determine whether the fighters are humanoid: (1d20+17)[18].

If Dot thinks that they are, she will cast Dominate Person on the most distant of the fighters. Will DC 27 to negate. She will mentally instruct the fighter to say "You hold them off. I'll go warn the boss" and to ready an action to try to trip any of the other three who tries to leave.

If Dot thinks that they are NOT humanoid but also not undead or constructs, she will instead cast Incite Riot (PH2, pg 115) on any of the fighters who are closer to another fighter than they are to Melinda.

If she thinks that they're undead or constructs, she will cast web into the room, positioned to close off any other exits and capture as many of the fighters as possible. If necessary, using Mastery of Shaping to exclude Melinda. Reflex DC 26 to negate, and still entangled in the web even if the save succeeds.
    "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut

3. - Top - End - #783
    Ogre in the Playground

From her quick glance into the room, Dot is pretty sure the 4 fighters are human, they certainly appear to be from her vantage point. She attempts to take control of the most distant of the fighters with her Domination spell, but unfortunately, he appears to shrug off the effect.

Melinda up.

4. - Top - End - #784
    Ogre in the Playground

Melinda tumbles into the room, dismissing her sculpted sound cone as she arrives.
    The fighters are next to act. They seem to dismiss Melinda, not thinking her a threat, and move to pin the party in the doorway by engaging the leads of the group, Taleira and Atareth.

Spoiler
    Show
    Tali
    (1d20+36)[37] attack & (1d8+20)[26] damage
    (1d20+36)[55] attack & (1d8+20)[25] damage
    (1d20+26)[31] attack & (1d8+20)[27] damage
    (1d20+21)[35] attack & (1d8+20)[28] damage

Atareth
    (1d20+36)[54] attack & (1d8+20)[28] damage
    (1d20+36)[46] attack & (1d8+20)[26] damage
    (1d20+26)[33] attack & (1d8+20)[27] damage
    (1d20+21)[30] attack & (1d8+20)[27] damage

5. - Top - End - #785
    Ogre in the Playground

crit confirms
    Spoiler
    Show
    Tali
    (1d20+40)[49] confirm & (1d8+20)[26] extra damage

Atareth
    (1d20+40)[44] confirm & (1d8+20)[22] extra damage

The attacks are moderately successful, Taleira is only hit once, but its a powerful hit, dealing her 51 points total. Atareth is hit twice and like Taleira, one of those hits is potent blow for a total of 76 from them. More importantly however, the attacks hold Tali and Atareth from barging into the room, bottling up the party so that the rest of them are not able to attack, at least with weapons, at the moment.

Atareth up, Taleira to follow.
    Last edited by Debbie_D; 2012-05-17 at 11:53 AM.

6. - Top - End - #786
    Ogre in the Playground

Atareth's heavenly essence helps against some of the damage, but she still takes a whalloping 56 damage (post-DR).

Telepathy to party: "Everyone move back 5 feet! Please don't forget to give me and Taleira this 5' buffer. I am going to set up some fun for them with a blade barrier ... they can't ignore it, and only two would then be able to come through - after getting hurt - to engage and can't strike across without getting hurt. Taleira, move back and ready a storm when they cross!"

Atareth waits for her sisters to clear. With the fighters having just gone, she knows she'll be able to time it right before the enemy gets a chance to attack again.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ready action: Once friendlies back up enough for Taleira and I to move 5' back ourselves, she will move back 5' drop a blade barrier in front of where she was standing.

This way, the space is open so it is not dropped "on" the space of the bad guys are standing, which would allow them a Reflex save for no damage (vice half) to be on the desired side. They don't get that option, but now must decide to cross or to use missile weapons/ spells.
    Current Games
    Curse of the Crimson Throne: Dušana Essert(Zeta), & Fathi (Phi) and Hülya (Eta) Sharif of House al-Din
    Legacy of Fire: Water Prince Rafiq Karim
    Rise of the Runelords: Keghart Valdemar & Valbard the Velociraptor
    Savage Tide: Rabbi Eliezer "Lazer" Whuraili Cohen ben Mordechai of Clan Ironoath of Oriadeth
    Serpent's Skull: Harsk! (yes, that one)
    Shattered Star: Lilim
    Strange Aeons: Dorn

7. - Top - End - #787
    Bugbear in the Playground

Taleira Ulharvyth

Taleira obliges the deva, bounding away from her opponent and into her signature wide guard.

Spoiler
    Show
    Free: 5' step. Ready a full attack against the next enemy to move adjacent. Karmic Strike active.
    Snickett avatar by me.

I draw custom OotSatars. I'm wearing one now, and you can check out samples in my Gallery.

8. - Top - End - #788
    Ogre in the Playground

Assuming that everyone backs up the requisite 5 ft step, that does consume your move action for the round, you still get your standard action.

Tallesin is up...

If you do not back up, please make note of it, of course, thats going to mess up the plan completely but hey, you're all chaotic
    Last edited by Debbie_D; 2012-05-18 at 09:30 AM.

9. - Top - End - #789
    Colossus in the Playground

Lildorrinene takes a position that will have Atareth backing into her, and the demon readies the wand to heal the angel.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Posted now for when Lil's action comes up .. I don't know if I'll be at the computer again for awhile.
    Last edited by lostsole31; 2012-05-18 at 04:35 PM.
    20MAR2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: The Worldwound (2013, Jacobs, Keith, et. al.).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Spoiler: Player Status
    Show
    bcool999: On hiatus through 01APR2024.

10. - Top - End - #790
    Barbarian in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

From his position behind the two female warriors, Tallesin glances about the new arena, casts a spell towards the oncoming warriors and steps back 10' to allow his companions to move about behind Atareth and Taleira's front-line.

Spoiler
    Show
    Tallesin looks to see how many other exits or entrances there are to the room. If all the other doors are behind the attacking warriors (and Melinda, of course), Tallesin drops a Wall of Force between them and the doors to cut off retreat and force his enemies to breathe poison or face a wall of swords (plus the wall of swords behind it known as Atareth and Taleira). If there are side exits, however, Tallesin merely targets the closest warrior with an Enervation (SR Check: (1d20+22)[29])

11. - Top - End - #791
    Orc in the Playground

"Is loud OK? I know we don't want to be discovered, so I've been doing mostly quiet spells, but I could be much more effective if I could really let loose and be loud," Ireth tepes to the group, hands already moving to a pouch inside her robe and pulling out eight holly berries which with a whispered word she pulls an excess of life's fire into until they glow.

Spoiler
    Show

Casting "Fire Seeds" to turn each berry into a tiny bomb which will go off for 1d8+15 damage, triggered at the command phrase 'I'm berry sorry to have to do this' (I can't resist a pun, sorry everyone!)
    Thanks, Telasi for the spectacular OotSatar!

Currently playing:
    In Debbie D's awesome "The Three Goddesses" game -Ireth, the shyest nymph you'll ever meet, bardic servant of the goddess of love.

12. - Top - End - #792
    Ogre in the Playground

Atareth requests that the rest of the party back up so that she and Taleira can take a retreating step, allowing her to place a blade barrier in the doorway. The group does so, while Taleira also assumes a defensive posture, readying herself for an attack. As Tallesin backs out, he sees the fact that there is only one other exit from the room behind the warriors, and so he places a wall of force between the men and the door, keeping them from going that way if they get that idea. Beside Tallesin, Lil positions herself so that the retreating Atareth is backing into her, and she readies the group's wand to heal the angel. Finally, Ireth takes out a bunch of holly berries, powering them up into Daystor's version of hand grenades.

Round 1 over, round 2 begins.
    Dot up.

13. - Top - End - #793
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Dot

"There have been passages between chambers to this point. There is no reason to believe that that's no longer the case. Tallesin's wall should muffle any sound you might make. In the meantime, I'll see if I can turn any of these opponents to allies."

Dot's hands again weave quickly, sending another invisible burst of magic into the training room.

Spoiler
    Show
    Dot will cast a Chained Dominate Person, with one of the warriors not in the front rank as the primary target, and the others as secondaries. Will DC 27 for the primary target, will DC 23 for the others. She will immediately send them a mental command (heard only by those who fail their will save) to continue their training session by attacking their colleagues.
    "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut

14. - Top - End - #794
    Ogre in the Playground

Dots magic pours into the room, however it appears to have no effect, as the warriors seem determined to deal with the party instead of starting to fight with each other.

Melinda up.

15. - Top - End - #795

Melinda retreats away from the fray the only way she really can, towards Tallesin's wall of force. "No luck, Dot? Let me try." The jarring rattling of her tambourine relentlessly fills the entire room as she lets loose a stream of invective, its cruder form of mental magic falling upon the warriors. She doesn't want to leave them any fancy options.

[Confusion - Will 27 negates.]
    Of the Core classes, Bard is the best. It optimizes the most important resource of them all: play time.

Grieve not greatly if thou be touched a-light, for an after-stroke is better if thou dare him smite.
    The Play with the Two-Hand Sword in Verse, circa 1430. British Museum manuscript #3542, ff 82-85.

Current avatar: Sascha Kincaid, a lost country girl in a big city. Aldhaven: Vicious Betrayals

16. - Top - End - #796
    Ogre in the Playground

Melinda casts her Confusion spell, but it too fails to have any effect.

Cut off from dealing with the main part of the party, the two warriors who were in the back of the group turn their attentions to Melinda. They strike, attempting to subdue the bard, rather than kill her.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+36)[50] attack & (1d8+20)[25] damage
    (1d20+31)[48] attack & (1d8+20)[26] damage
    (1d20+26)[46] attack & (1d8+20)[23] damage
    (1d20+21)[23] attack & (1d8+20)[22] damage

(1d20+36)[41] attack & (1d8+20)[21] damage
    (1d20+31)[42] attack & (1d8+20)[28] damage
    (1d20+26)[38] attack & (1d8+20)[24] damage
    (1d20+21)[35] attack & (1d8+20)[24] damage

The other two stand at the edge of the barrier, taunting the group...
    We've got your bard lady in here, she's all alone and getting beat up pretty bad....Dont worry, we'll take good care of her after we've had our fun, of course.

17. - Top - End - #797
    Ogre in the Playground

Not at all used to such violent physical confrontations, Melinda gets badly battered by the warriors engaging her for 112 subdual points of damage. Its not enough to knock her out yet, and it wont kill her of course, but its probably one of the most painful experiences of her life, and it doesnt look like it will be over any time soon.

Atareth up, Taleira to follow.

18. - Top - End - #798
    Orc in the Playground

Ireth winces as she sees her fellow bardess taking such a painful beating. Looking down at her holly berries, the nymph develops a small smile, and tepes to the group "If anyone can do it, put me in there. I'm hard to hit, especially when they can't look at me without risking blindness. Furthermore, these berries will be very, very painful for them when I set them off...Though, if anyone can give me protection from fire beforehand, that would be helpful."

Currently playing:
    In Debbie D's awesome "The Three Goddesses" game -Ireth, the shyest nymph you'll ever meet, bardic servant of the goddess of love.

19. - Top - End - #799

SamuraiGirl

Seeing his bardess friend taking a beating, Tallesin telepathically calls out, "Melinda! Hold fast! We shall deliver you from those brutes!"

20. - Top - End - #800

Taleira Ulharvyth

Brilliant planning, this. Taleira runs her fingers along the side of her blade, wreathing it in the same thin grey mist she's shown so many times before. That done, she returns to her defensive stance and disappears, only to reappear a moment later on the far side of the Blade Barrier. "We get it, you think you're tough because you can make threats and beat up an unarmed woman half your size. If you're real men, come over here and prove it to me."

Spoiler
    Show
    Swift: cast extended Wraithstrike (w/Metamagic Mastery). Standard: Greater Teleport (SLA) to the other side, ending at least 10 feet from as many enemies as possible. Karmic Strike up, Power attack -5/+10. AC 44.
    Last edited by Telasi; 2012-05-23 at 03:24 PM.
    Snickett avatar by me.

I draw custom OotSatars. I'm wearing one now, and you can check out samples in my Gallery.

21. - Top - End - #801

SamuraiGirl

As Taleira teleports into combat, Tallesin steps back a little further and casts Regroup, allowing up to 17 willing allies within 65 feet to instantly teleport to an unoccupied space adjacent to him (being behind the back row now, there's plenty of room)(OOC: players, it's up to you to state that your PC accepts the teleport, so please do so before the warriors' turn if you want one). His casting complete, the mage draws his sword and anxiously studies the scene, looking for a next step.
    Last edited by Ason; 2012-05-23 at 05:02 PM.

22. - Top - End - #802
    Ogre in the Playground

Tallesin casts his spell, which would allow either Melinda or Taleira to be whisked out of the room to safety.

OOC: Im waiting for Taleira to revise her post to an attack, then Lil is up.

23. - Top - End - #803
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    I deleted my actions (above), and because I go before Tallesin could cast the spell (which would've been nice, oh well) ...

Since Melinda is the only ally (at the time of Atareth's turn) on the other side, Atareth lets loose with a holy smite whose farthest boundary doesn't extend past the two lead warriors, keeping the succubi, the menagerie, and somewhat Dot and Tallesin from getting toasted.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Vs Evil creatures (these guys): (5d8)[21] holy damage and 1 round blindness; Will DC 22 for half damage and no blindness.

Vs Neutral creatures: half that damage, so a successful save is quartered total. No blindness.
    >>>> Since tendencies don't count, only "absolute value", Melinda might take damage because she's neutral (I think), but I trust in her ability to take minimum damage.

CL Check vs SR (1d20+17)[21]

Damage if these guys are any kind of outsider (10d6)[29] holy damage, but otherwise same as above.
    Current Games
    Curse of the Crimson Throne: Dušana Essert(Zeta), & Fathi (Phi) and Hülya (Eta) Sharif of House al-Din
    Legacy of Fire: Water Prince Rafiq Karim
    Rise of the Runelords: Keghart Valdemar & Valbard the Velociraptor
    Savage Tide: Rabbi Eliezer "Lazer" Whuraili Cohen ben Mordechai of Clan Ironoath of Oriadeth
    Serpent's Skull: Harsk! (yes, that one)
    Shattered Star: Lilim
    Strange Aeons: Dorn

24. - Top - End - #804

As Melinda suffers her beating at her foes' bashing, only telepathic noise filters through the rubies' link. Meanwhile, the drone degenerates from its powerful resonance into a mere shriek, and finally a series of pained yelps.

Instinctively grasping at the strands of magic that seek her out, Melinda soon appears next to Tallesin, badly battered and wearing that alarmed and aghast look that nearly all people get when something has gone stupidly wrong and horribly out of control. Such was the price of inexperience.

At least she'd made it with enough guts that she wouldn't make it again.
    Of the Core classes, Bard is the best. It optimizes the most important resource of them all: play time.

Grieve not greatly if thou be touched a-light, for an after-stroke is better if thou dare him smite.
    The Play with the Two-Hand Sword in Verse, circa 1430. British Museum manuscript #3542, ff 82-85.

Current avatar: Sascha Kincaid, a lost country girl in a big city. Aldhaven: Vicious Betrayals

25. - Top - End - #805
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Dot feels the comfortable tug of Tallesin's magic, but feels secure enough in her own positioni to ignore it for the time being.

26. - Top - End - #806
    Ogre in the Playground

As Melinda is pulled to freedom by Tallesin's spell, both of the warriors beating on her howl in frustration as their quarry is taken from them. All 4 of the warriors howl in pain moments later as Atareths holy smite hits them, and the two lead warriors paw at their eyes, trying to release the blindness that has taken them. Meanwhile, Taleira pops into the room, ready to deal a world of pain to the warriors that were beating on Melinda moments ago.

Lil up, Ireth to follow.

27. - Top - End - #807
    Ogre in the Playground

(posting for Lil)
    Frustrated at the general failure of any mind affecting magic the group might try (and for this group, thats almost unfathomable), Lil aims a Greater Dispel Magic at the two fighters doing the taunting of the group. Shes not sure if it has any effect on them (since there is no visible sign saying Mind Blank that suddenly disappears) but she's pretty confident that she can bring down most magic that isnt god created.

Ireth up.

28. - Top - End - #808
    Orc in the Playground

"Be careful in there Tali! They're blind, but could still be dangerous," Ireth warns, clearly worried about her companion. She pulls a small bell from her robe and flicks it a couple of times, letting her voice grow wander until it matches in pitch. With her well tuned bardic voice helping to enhance her abilities, she flicks the bell one more time, this time towards the four fighters where it is met with a thunderous response as a 40ft spread of the flooring underneath them bursts with the violent noise.

Spoiler
    Show

Casting "Great Thunderclap" between the four fighters and enhancing it by Heightening it to 6th level (2 Music for the day), and then with Sonic Might (1 Music). They should all make a Fortitude Save, Will save, and Reflex Save DC 33 each, or be Deafened (1 minute), Stunned (1 round), and knocked prone respectively.

Also, (6d6)[25] sonic damage to each of them

Currently playing:

29. - Top - End - #809
    Ogre in the Playground

The spell from Ireth lands amidst the fighters with devastating effect, the first real blow that the party has struck against them. All 4 of the warriors are damaged by the spell, and the two warriors about to menace Taleira suddenly paw at their eyes to remove the blindness that affects them. Or, at least, they sort of make feeble motions in that regard, due to the fact that the noise stuns them as well. At least they manage to keep their balance. The fighters in front of the Blade Barrier are not so lucky, knocked off their feet by the force of the spell. Already blinded by the power of Atareth's holy smite its not readily appearant if they have been further affected by that power of the spell, and they also appear to be stunned.

End Round 2
    Begin Round 3

Dot up.

Tactical situation:
    2 fighters about to engage Taleira, however they are blinded and stunned
    2 fighters standing at Blade Barrier, blinded, stunned, knocked prone
    Only Taleira, of your party, is in the room

30. - Top - End - #810
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Seeing the warriors disabled for the time being, Dot opts to do what she can to finish the bruisers off. A flaring ball of flame appears in the workout room, bouncing like a demented rubber ball, touching down on all four men before guttering out.

Spoiler
    Show
    Dot uses Shadow Evocation to cast Explosive Cascade. The ball of flame take a path that normally stays high, but then bounces down at all four men. Each takes (10d6)[34] fire damage, will DC 28 negates, reflex DC 28 means half damage.