New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 33 of 50 FirstFirst ... 8232425262728293031323334353637383940414243 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #961
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Three Goddesses - IC (Thread #2)

Its not so much that those references were painful, its more that it reminded me of the time she was in my head, and I have spent a long time trying not to think of it. Whenever I thought of the three, it brought me back there.
    As for the writings themselves, they were images I was seeing. They were so vast, and so overwhelming, it was hard to think of them

She looks at the prophecy scroll.

You see this piece here about the necklaces. They were so bright, so glowing with magic, that I couldnt handle it. I couldnt call them the ruby necklaces, I could only refer to the number I saw.
    This piece here, about two souls to free, one to die and one to live. I assume I am the soul to die, but I have no idea of who it is to live.

She looks strangely at you.
    Although I have the strangest feeling its somehow connected to you.

Other Dot research.
    Time moves normally here.
    The plane is stable, but growing.
    It seems aligned with chaos, theres a sense of it being C/G, C/N, and C/E, all at the same time.
    The problem here is between the keyboard and the chair.

Life is full of questions. Chocolate is the answer.

Thanks to Telasi for the custom avatar.

2. - Top - End - #962
    Colossus in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Damn, that's a good point, Paul. I never even thought to ask if the Super Swirly Mix has a name.

Lildorrinene mentally thanks the Goddess.

Aloud, she asks, "For the sake of those that would worship you .... is there are particular name that expresses the fullness of the Three in You? a name that is the aggregate of all three at once?"
    11APR2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Demons Revisited (2013, Jacobs).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Spoiler: Player Status
    Show
    ClasyCrow: On hiatus through 11MAY2024.

3. - Top - End - #963
    Ogre in the Playground

Tishtina looks to Sabrina. (for some reason, Nocticula is no longer present)

You know, we've never thought of that. I guess its so early in our existance we've never thought of it.

We should probably consult on that. Its sure to come up.

4. - Top - End - #964
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Debbie_D View Post
    Its not so much that those references were painful, its more that it reminded me of the time she was in my head, and I have spent a long time trying not to think of it. Whenever I thought of the three, it brought me back there."
    Dot nods and gets comfortable for a longer chat.

"Well, I'm glad to hear that it wasn't the goddesses directly who hurt you. It is said that no one hears the voice of a god and remains unchanged by it. And it seems that you spent a lot of time hearing the words and images of the gods."

This piece here, about two souls to free, one to die and one to live. I assume I am the soul to die, but I have no idea of who it is to live.
    She looks strangely at you.
    "Although I have the strangest feeling its somehow connected to you."
    Dot arches an eyebrow.

"About me? I'm surprised. I suppose I have the illusion of being able to remain an unaffected observer, even as we strive to change the course of the world. Annoyingly naive of me. But, if I may be sol bold, why would you think that the soul who is to live is in some way connected with me?"

She flips to a section of the prophesy which had heretofore been obscured, to see if there were any changes. Since the ones most likely to know how and why the prophesy is obscured are physically with them now, Dot didn't want to lose an opportunity to ask them about this.
    "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut

5. - Top - End - #965
    Ogre in the Playground

Atareth, a deva, knows her position is to stand beside her Goddess to do Her bidding. She may be allowed to roam free, but until she is tasked again, she stays nearby.
    Current Games
    Curse of the Crimson Throne: Dušana Essert(Zeta), & Fathi (Phi) and Hülya (Eta) Sharif of House al-Din
    Legacy of Fire: Water Prince Rafiq Karim
    Rise of the Runelords: Keghart Valdemar & Valbard the Velociraptor
    Savage Tide: Rabbi Eliezer "Lazer" Whuraili Cohen ben Mordechai of Clan Ironoath of Oriadeth
    Serpent's Skull: Harsk! (yes, that one)
    Shattered Star: Lilim
    Strange Aeons: Dorn

6. - Top - End - #966
    Bugbear in the Playground

Taleira Ulharvyth

Taleira, as before, is stunned to silence for the first few moments after the appearance of the Goddess, and remains so for a bit more as she takes in the new plane. Finally, with everyone else engaged in their own projects here, she decides to take the opportunity to talk to the two goddesses she's not so familiar with. With no idea the proper form of address for the two, Tali settles for a polite bow and nervously launches into her question. "Sabrina, Tishtina. You said that nobody had fully accepted all three parts of the Triune yet. I, uh, I wanted to ask what I can do to bring myself closer to your parts of that. If it's not too much to ask, would you give me some direction?"
    Snickett avatar by me.

I draw custom OotSatars. I'm wearing one now, and you can check out samples in my Gallery.

7. - Top - End - #967
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Toliudar View Post
    She flips to a section of the prophesy which had heretofore been obscured, to see if there were any changes. Since the ones most likely to know how and why the prophesy is obscured are physically with them now, Dot didn't want to lose an opportunity to ask them about this.
    The prophecy appears unchanged, for now.

Quote Originally Posted by PSinger View Post
    Atareth, a deva, knows her position is to stand beside her Goddess to do Her bidding. She may be allowed to roam free, but until she is tasked again, she stays nearby.
    Tishtina turns to her faithful deva.
    I know you think its your duty to stand by me, but youre not on duty here, and there is no one to threaten me. Explore to your hearts content.

Quote Originally Posted by Telasi View Post
    Taleira Ulharvyth

Taleira, as before, is stunned to silence for the first few moments after the appearance of the Goddess, and remains so for a bit more as she takes in the new plane. Finally, with everyone else engaged in their own projects here, she decides to take the opportunity to talk to the two goddesses she's not so familiar with. With no idea the proper form of address for the two, Tali settles for a polite bow and nervously launches into her question. "Sabrina, Tishtina. You said that nobody had fully accepted all three parts of the Triune yet. I, uh, I wanted to ask what I can do to bring myself closer to your parts of that. If it's not too much to ask, would you give me some direction?"
    You are in a unique position
    Because of your association with our first dual priestess, Melinda. She can guide you in these sorts of things.
    I can tell you that in my faith, your skill set and she looks meaningfully at Tali's weapons is very well respected. Some of the worlds greatest warriors are members of my faith, and I was no slouch myself in that regard.
    Not as highly prized in mine, but not disrepected either, and many of my faith always need a good protector. And some other parts of your nature make you a natural for me. You wouldnt be the only one.
    We would be honoured if you became one to join us.
    Work on it with Melinda, and in turn you can help her see your part in the Triune.

8. - Top - End - #968
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Dot lays the scroll out on the ground between Cassie and herself.

"You see? Here, here, here and here, the words are legible, but these other passages, and these here and over here, they are blurry. I can't imagine who is causing that effect, but we have an opportunity to put it to right today. You wrote this, right? You remembered writing it. So...this blurry part, over here. What did it say?"

She takes out her own notepad and stylus, ready to copy down the prophet's words.
    "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut

9. - Top - End - #969
    Ogre in the Playground

OOC: They arent blurry, they are just written in a language that no one understands, and no magic seems to make them change into something that can be read.

I remember that the images were in my head, but I dont actually remember putting the pen to the paper, it was all a kind of trance or ecstasy that came over me. Even after I came to each time, I dont remember the images anymore, and neither did I understand what my own writings were. Not that I ever really had a chance to read them, it seemed I would only have time to eat a bit, and then the visions would descend on me again. Im sorry I cant be of more help to you.

10. - Top - End - #970
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Nodding sadly, Dot gathers up the prophesy and tucks it away.

"I understand. Thank you.

"Oh, I should mention that you're likely to become a prominent part of the story, should the union - the triunion? - take place. As a matter of fact, we've made plans for the sites of your birth, and the house where you composed the prophecy. I wanted to mention this to give you time to acclimatize to the idea, but also to find out if you had any of your own thoughts and ideas that you wanted to contribute. Liturgically speaking, I suppose, but also to whatever efforts might be unfolding in articulating a mortal understanding of an ineffable three. What I'm trying to say is that, if you have thoughts from over the last few centuries about how people should live their lives, I think you should start writing them down."

She winked and smiled, and climbed heavily to her feet again. She offered another perfunctory bow to Sabrina and Tishtina.

"Mistresses, it is said that she who stares into the sun will see no light else. So I fear that if we linger overlong here, I will lose all will to leave. Then, you will gain an adoring servant, but lost a useful tool. It seems that the forces of the other gods are well versed in what we are trying to accomplish, and don't seem particularly happy about it. To keep one step ahead, I would ask to take my leave."

11. - Top - End - #971
    Ogre in the Playground

Cassiopia screws up her face for a moment.

I do remember one other thing. Its about the line of "the woman who is not a woman". I remember a song being associated with it. I dont know any more, and cant tell you why I remember that. But there was a song.

12. - Top - End - #972
    Ogre in the Playground

Atareth deeply and wordlessly bows to the Goddess(es) and backs away until is respectful to turn. She then flies up in ever wider, ever higher circles to see watch everyone directly below, what passes here as "horizon", and what seems to be the "firmament."
    Current Games
    Curse of the Crimson Throne: Dušana Essert(Zeta), & Fathi (Phi) and Hülya (Eta) Sharif of House al-Din
    Savage Tide: Rabbi Eliezer "Lazer" Whuraili Cohen ben Mordechai of Clan Ironoath of Oriadeth

13. - Top - End - #973
    Ogre in the Playground

Atarath's flight confirms to her what the Goddesses have said, she can 'see' the limits to the plane from her vantage point as she circles in the air, and the grey mist that lies to the edge in all directions. If she looks carefully enough, she might even see the plane expanding as she watches, but its more a case of inches rather than miles. The expansion of the demi plane to becoming a full plane is a slow process.
    As well from her vantage point, she can see that the party and the Goddesses are the only inhabitants present at the moment.

14. - Top - End - #974

Taleira Ulharvyth

"I will. Thank you." With nothing more to ask, Taleira bows politely once again and retreats, pleased with the result of the conversation.

After a few moments, another idea crosses her mind. After a brief shapechange, Tali takes to the air in an unhurried attempt to intercept the deva overhead. Assuming Atareth doesn't try to avoid her, she flies close enough to be heard comfortably. "Care to talk?"
    Snickett avatar by me.

I draw custom OotSatars. I'm wearing one now, and you can check out samples in my Gallery.

15. - Top - End - #975
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    What did she shapechange ..... into?

"I care more to listen when approached. We'll see about me talking ...."
    Current Games

16. - Top - End - #976

Taleira Ulharvyth

Spoiler
    Show
    Succubus. Not exactly a secret, since Lil/Lok literally shouted it out in front of everybody. I figured it was obvious as a result.

"Fair enough. I was thinking, and I realized that we basically know nothing about each other even though we work pretty closely. I was kinda hoping to get to know you a little more. It's part curiosity, part needing to work with you, and part wanting to make nice with Tishtina and Sabrina's people sooner rather than later. You didn't seem to be doing anything in particular, so I took the chance to come talk to you. No offense, but you're not exactly the paragon of approachability."
    Last edited by Telasi; 2012-06-29 at 09:41 PM.
    Snickett avatar by me.

17. - Top - End - #977
    Ogre in the Playground

Atareth looks at the big hammer and the shield in her hands and says to Taleira, "I don't know whatever gave you that idea."

Atareth makes sure to go a little slower, but also to keep moving.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Unless your flight is special, you can't hover, so Atareth is sure to fly at a speed that is comfortable without you having to stall out.

"What would you like to know?"
    Current Games

18. - Top - End - #978

Taleira Ulharvyth

"Well, I guess how you ended up with us is a good place to start. Was there anything interesting there, or was it pretty much just a routine 'go do this' type of thing? You showed up at an interesting time from my point of view, so I'm wondering."

Spoiler
    Show
    Nope, just a 50 ft. Average fly speed. Nothing special there.
    Snickett avatar by me.

19. - Top - End - #979
    Ogre in the Playground

Atareth answers Taleira, "Unlike you (from what I understand), from the moment of creation I was always immortal. I had to 'earn my wings,' as it were, in Arborea. I spent the first part of my existence performing necessary but minor and enjoyable duties in Tishtina's service - but farther afield. Once I was winged, I was let loose on the cosmos. I spent some time enjoying my freedom, for that is the benefit of angels from my side of Oceanus.

"Many adventures, many great battles and services rendered, and I finally was accepted into full devahood. Unlike my kin, however, I did not settle into a role of simple service. I realize there will always be those who corrupt love, and worse, whose jealousies will strike at those couples who find themselves truly happy. And so, I vowed a life of service specifically to Tishtina. Given that I was much stronger than a majority of my angelic siblings, it is no wonder that I gave much more focused attention to the study of arms.

"To this end, my greatest joy is ranging far and wide across the planes to see new sights as I go. So, I committed myself to the focused study of geography. Sure, I have experience with the many planes - though I'm no scholar as such - but I like to have an idea of knowing how to get where I need to go. When plane shift is the primary means of travel, it's good to know how to zoom into your destination.

"I became aware of something .... changing ... but it was intuitive. Those travels led me to Daystor, and following my heart led me to your group.

"So, tell me .... what of you? Why would a mortal choose the form of a succubus? Pure power? What drew you into all of this?"
    Current Games

20. - Top - End - #980

Taleira Ulharvyth

"You know, you're the first person to really question why I did it, but you were listening to Kotep a little too well if you think it was just for the power. You've seen me, what I do and how I live. People like me either die young or live long enough to get old. I'm alive after fighting some of the toughest things I can imagine, so that pretty much just leaves one option, doesn't it? The thing is, you get slow and weak when you get old. You get dependent. That's not living, and I don't want to end that way. This was my chance to live forever, and to never have to worry about time catching up to me." Taleira shrugs. "Make of that what you will." After a few moments, Tali poses her next question. "What do you think of the people here?"
    Snickett avatar by me.

21. - Top - End - #981
    Ogre in the Playground

Atareth laughs. "It's tourist season, so it seems like there's only one permanent resident. Soon it will be empty again. After that, it'll be nice if we can build this town up. Of course, we don't WANT to help people to this home, either. And you?"
    Current Games

22. - Top - End - #982

Lildorrinene wanders in thought, and then prays to the goddesses to help her bring Lok-too-loo-baz into this place.
    Spoiler
    Show
    30% chance normally, modified (if at all) by whatever whims the Goddess has. (1d100)[24]

In the meanwhile, Lil looks at Talbot and says, "Well, here we are. Any questions for the Goddesses or about the plane or anything?"
    Last edited by lostsole31; 2012-07-02 at 03:50 PM.
    11APR2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Demons Revisited (2013, Jacobs).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Show

23. - Top - End - #983
    Ogre in the Playground

After some concentration, Lil is able to summon Lok to the new plane.
    For the moment, Talbot seems a bit subdued. Perhaps bringing into existance an entirely new goddess is finally enough for even him to be impressed.

24. - Top - End - #984
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Dot

Nodding at Cassie's memory of a song being associated with it, Dot reaches out mentally to Melinda.

"I don't suppose that your musical training extends to any songs that feature women who aren't women - statues of women, trans-sexuals, shapechangers who can be either gender, men who dress as women...anything like that?"
    Last edited by Toliudar; 2012-07-03 at 11:20 PM.

25. - Top - End - #985

Lok, sensing already that the Goddess(es) he sees (well, 2/3 of what is expected) is what he seeks .... and let's not forget that he's in the presence of deities at that ... he simply falls prostrate in front of the deity/ies. If a vulturine head of a demon could cry in rapturous joy, he would.
    Show

26. - Top - End - #986

Taleira Ulharvyth

Taleira chuckles. "Well played, and agreed on that count. I'm surprised you dodged that question, really. You struck me as the opinionated sort. On that topic, you've been oh-so-careful with your little vision of judgement ability around Lil and me. I'd guess plausible deniability, but you know what we are, and you know that you're supposed to be working with us, so I'm left wondering what that's about. Is there some code that says you have to try to kill me if you check? That would explain the last couple people with your skills I've met, actually. They all tried to kill me after a while. Huh."
    Snickett avatar by me.

27. - Top - End - #987
    Ogre in the Playground

Atareth answers "Having an opinion and rubbing it in people's faces are different things. Oh, and as far as killing you? Well, codes are ciphers which hide the truth. So I'll let you live in fear and worry about what my code is. Demons are usually self-destructive enough that we celestials don't worry that terribly. There's a reason we don't bother with holy wars into the Abyss, and it's not really fear."
    Current Games

28. - Top - End - #988

Taleira Ulharvyth

"Calm down; it was just a question, not a challenge. I have much better things to do with my time than start a fight with you. That answer, though? That told me enough. "

Response superseded below.
    Last edited by Telasi; 2012-07-05 at 06:21 PM.
    Snickett avatar by me.

29. - Top - End - #989
    Ogre in the Playground

Telasi
    Spoiler
    Show
    The words might not change your interp, but I should've mentioned that Atareth was vaguely playful rather than scowling, stern, and paladin-y.
    Current Games

30. - Top - End - #990

Taleira Ulharvyth

"Oh, now how shall I ever sleep at night with that mystery unresolved?" Taleira presses the back of her hand to her forehead in mock anguish as she speaks. "Seriously, though, what do you want to talk about? You keep avoiding everything I bring up, so why don't you propose a topic for a change?"

@PSinger
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry for the misunderstanding. I read your last post as angry (in-character, that is) and responded in kind.
    Snickett avatar by me.