New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 35 of 50 FirstFirst ... 10252627282930313233343536373839404142434445 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,050 of 1482
  1. - Top - End - #1021
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Three Goddesses - IC (Thread #2)

"This end?" Melinda asks innocuously, sharing a conspiratorial glance with Lil. "Not the other one? All right."

"Oh, Talbot..." she jests, giving the trapped mage a gentle, deafening tap with her ring finger. "You're just ever so eager to find ways to please us with your vast insight, aren't you? Are you missing your old self yet? Lil, let me be the first to express my surprise at the fact that you didn't convince him to make himself into a double-ended dildo. He would have enjoyed redefining the notion of a threesome." She'd been saving that one for a good occasion. "Would the great and wise be willing to share a few secrets of his legendary dweomercraft in exchange for enduring the more pleasant ministrations of my voice?"
    Of the Core classes, Bard is the best. It optimizes the most important resource of them all: play time.

Grieve not greatly if thou be touched a-light, for an after-stroke is better if thou dare him smite.
    The Play with the Two-Hand Sword in Verse, circa 1430. British Museum manuscript #3542, ff 82-85.

Current avatar: Sascha Kincaid, a lost country girl in a big city. Aldhaven: Vicious Betrayals

2. - Top - End - #1022
    Colossus in the Playground

Lil smirks and looks at Melinda. "Who says he's not?"
    20MAR2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: The Worldwound (2013, Jacobs, Keith, et. al.).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Spoiler: Player Status
    Show
    bcool999: On hiatus through 01APR2024.

3. - Top - End - #1023
    Ogre in the Playground

You would surprised at what I can see and do in here, girl. The bedroom habits of a succubus are fascinating, and rather stimulating.
    But enough of that. What sort of legendary dweormcraft secrets are you interested in learning?
    The problem here is between the keyboard and the chair.

Life is full of questions. Chocolate is the answer.

Thanks to Telasi for the custom avatar.

4. - Top - End - #1024

"Talbot, I've been thinking of various dweomers that will make it easier for a succubus to practice as a Sabrinite. I'm sure you have too, and I hope to compare notes on that matter later. But what I really need now is your evaluation of an ambitious idea I had. I know just enough to know that it is possible, but I think it will require a master's art, and a master's subtlety, to really bring it to fruition.

"At the Prophet's home in New Kroy there is nothing standing, barely the ruins of a dwelling. It's an empty lot in the middle of one of the poorest areas of town. The site was protected until a few months ago by an antipathy ward against all but Tishtinites, I think. When we first visited, Lystara overcame the ward. I don't know if the ward is gone, or merely suppressed. I doubt an enchantment of that strength would dissipate completely, but I'm not certain. We never went back to look. Our mistake.

"Now we know a lot more about the background of what happened in that town. That isn't just where the Prophet died, it's where Kotep put the Prophecy itself into a state of quiescence. It may also be significant in other ways of which we are yet unaware. Kotep's goons didn't dare occupy the space itself, but they had to keep an eye on it. So they built a temple to Him in another of New Kroy's districts, a temple that still stands as a symbolic affront to our faith now. Successfully taking down that temple would be a watershed moment for us. Right now, with enough preparation, I'm sure we could make a slaughter of it. But that wouldn't be the point. We need to occupy the space, and be able to defend it with minimal commitment, not simply drive our Adversaries out of it.

"For us to occupy New Kroy openly, we would really need a stronger and more well developed faith. We would need the approval of more deities, most probably including Melias, upon whose whims that town survives. We don't enjoy his good graces at the moment. So all of this is well outside the present scope. Yet it worries me to remember that during all this time, the site of the Prophet's home will have to remain there, ripe for desecration as we build. So I'm considering a way to make a quieter opening move in that town.

"I'm thinking we should construct and enchant something in that empty space. A garden, perhaps. Or a forest of steles, or a labyrinth of hedges. Something passive, static, something easy to hide. Whatever its elements, it has to be composed in a way that will bring out the deepest and strongest and most vibrant of every person's love. When people without passion approach, nothing special should happen. It'll just be another uninteresting, decrepit-looking, walled-off, condemned and unsafe space. But when would-be lovers seek a place to escape to for their secluded trysts, they will be drawn to it, and will find it immediately, and know that it is safe. And while they may never appreciate it for what it is, they will instinctively interact with the space in ways that expose their love. There they will make for themselves their faith. With the passage of time, the site will consecrate itself, in such a way that it can only be destroyed, not desecrated. And with that base established of people who have experienced our faith, yet given no name to it, we'll be one step closer to being able to operate there openly.

"What do you think about this?" she asks open-endedly, implicitly posing the question to Lil as well. "I feel this is something we may as well do now. There would be no benefit to delay, and the opportunity may yet be denied us.
    Last edited by Kalirren; 2012-08-01 at 12:32 AM.
    Of the Core classes, Bard is the best. It optimizes the most important resource of them all: play time.

Grieve not greatly if thou be touched a-light, for an after-stroke is better if thou dare him smite.
    The Play with the Two-Hand Sword in Verse, circa 1430. British Museum manuscript #3542, ff 82-85.

Current avatar: Sascha Kincaid, a lost country girl in a big city. Aldhaven: Vicious Betrayals

5. - Top - End - #1025

Lil recognized from the first sentence that much of any intention of action was for her. True, Melinda had her interesting trysting partner with the "newer" succubus. But Taleira's power, which grew considerably (and admirably) with her apotheosis to demonic form, still her amazing sense of will really was rooted in how it powered herself, and less for what can be done outside of herself.

No, finding a way to practice as a Sabrinite was the means she needed to feel less cloyed by Nocticula, while at the same time serving her goddess' need for integration from Three to One.

More and more, she has been assessing her function in the group. Not without merit, mind you. But her focused skills at leadership work when there is some sense of a pecking order. Not a lawful hierarchy, mind you, but some sense where there is need for leadership, not democracy. And yet, being diplomatic and cosmopolitan with external agencies is something of a specialty of hers - she is both succubus and beguiler, and probably even more capable just through training.

"Melinda, your ideas and mine dovetail with my own sense of purpose.

"First, before later points, I need to gain a greater degree of credibility among those with whom would be negotiated. To that end I and Lok will assist you and Talbot - I to accompany Talbot, Lok's genius to meet with your own. If Peridot does not find herself otherwise engaged, no doubt we shall little want for a greater combination of minds. The end result would be for me to be able to practice as a Sabrinite as well. This is important to me on several levels, in addition to that of the mission.

"Second, other than a psychological victory, there is little to be gained and much to be lost in open warfare against Kotep's temple. Let us remember who we are and whom we serve, and prepare for open hostility, but let it not come from us. If we can solve this within the realm of the Three, then we have earned that victory.

"Third, I am well-versed in the art of recruiting and overall diplomacy. If I can include Sabrinite credit unto myself, then will I be a more capable negotiator. Returning to the second point, let us build political bridges before we build physical ones. If successful, Kotep's agents may well have a far more difficult time conducting sabotage and getting away with it.

"Fourth, I have absolutely no magical crafting ability. However, my skill with enchanting and many illusions will make me an invaluable advisor to someone who can engineer the space based on my specific expertise.

"Lastly, if destination is known, Lok can travel to me and I to him instantly. In dire situations, given that he does not have a ruby necklace, then there is a slim chance that I can actually call him to me.

"That said, unless you desire not his company, I shall leave him as my representative. Though male, I ask that his counsel be accepted with the same weight as my own, but in hierarchy he obviously will be just below you, my fellow Chosen. (Though, as they are summoned demons enchained of sorts, I hope you will see him as far more worthy than Peridot's menagerie. No offense meant, Dot.)"
    20MAR2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: The Worldwound (2013, Jacobs, Keith, et. al.).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Show

6. - Top - End - #1026
    Ogre in the Playground

Talbot
    Actually creating such a space, with the combined powers of myself, you, Lil and Dot would be an easy thing. I can imagine we could do it in only a few days. But heres the problem as I see it.
    You want this place to be in the place where the prophet's journey ended, but the city of New Kroy really isnt the right spot for this sort of thing. A more cosmopolitian city like Erandol or Varstok would see far more use for it. New Kroy is a hardscrabble world, where the flowery and poetic ideals of secret trysts mean nothing. I dont know if anyone would ever come it.
    There are another couple of points you should consider. First of all, Kotep doesnt have a presence in New Kroy. His way, his magical way, of doing things is not well respected in that city. Although you would be tweaking the nose of Melias.
    And that brings me to my second point. Kotep is only one of the gods who opposes you, and you've already beaten him. Just like you have disrupted the heirarchy of Rohdan and temporarily neutralized him; by actually invading and stealing something from the heart of Kotep's power, you have diminished him in ways that we as mortals cannot understand. There are plenty of others who will be ready to step in, and you need to keep your eyes forward for new challenges rather than ones you have beaten.
    The garden is a good idea, but Im not sure about its location. You might want to build it somewhere else, and have some sort of other shrine in New Kroy. Or maybe not one at all there. After all, its the site of where the quest almost failed.

As Talbot is holding forth, Casandra and Zanthia quietly confer for a moment. When he is done, Casandra produces another one of the ruby necklaces and walks forward, presenting it (to a lot peoples surprise) to Lok. Dalcar's mouth is a tight line, her disapproval showing, but she says nothing to stop the other queen.

7. - Top - End - #1027

Lok, the massive vrock that he is, bows very, very low to make sure that the level of his head is below the level of Casandra's own. Once it is on his neck, the massive vulturine head looks into her eyes and simply nods. To speak, even in gratitude beyond that gesture, he feels, would disrupt the solemnity of this event. He quietly and reverentially returns to his spot behind Lildorrinene's.
    Show

8. - Top - End - #1028
    Ogre in the Playground

Huh. Two diametrically opposed persons are looking on with displeasure. Atareth, the angel, is not happy at all that an ugly demonic vrock just made it into the club. And if Lil's plan is accepted, that means he'll have stepped up and tipped things a little further in Nocticula's presence. But why the hell is Dalcar unhappy, unless it's just cause Luck is a guy?
    Current Games
    Curse of the Crimson Throne: Dušana Essert(Zeta), & Fathi (Phi) and Hülya (Eta) Sharif of House al-Din
    Legacy of Fire: Water Prince Rafiq Karim
    Rise of the Runelords: Keghart Valdemar & Valbard the Velociraptor
    Savage Tide: Rabbi Eliezer "Lazer" Whuraili Cohen ben Mordechai of Clan Ironoath of Oriadeth
    Serpent's Skull: Harsk! (yes, that one)
    Shattered Star: Lilim
    Strange Aeons: Dorn

9. - Top - End - #1029
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Dot looks on with interest. She supposed that this meant that the triune well and truly had two prophets now. That is, if you assume that a prophet whose self-avowed mode of prophesy was self-deception truly counted as a prophet. Still, Lok had proven a capable and loyal follower, if a trifle eccentric, and might bring a useful scholarly edge to future proceedings.

She had her own thoughts about the future of New Kroy, and the role that the Triune might play in that. If it truly was as blighted as it had seemed on their first visits, then didn't that make its citizens hunger all the more for the comfort of love in all its many forms? With its proximity to the lands of the Amazons, it might serve as a tremendous point of mediation between cultures, a place where a shrine to a newly-prominent prophet might do very well indeed.

Still, she kept these speculations to herself for the time being, and merely applauded politely when the ruby was presented.
    "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut

10. - Top - End - #1030

"Talbot, Lil, your points are well made." The bardess suppressed a laugh at Lil's willingness to talk about adding Sabrinite credit to her portfolio in Her High Temple at Varstok, with Zanthia listening, of all places and times. "Our dynamism is our greatest asset, and the need to maintain our momentum is our liability. You're right that the time we would need to spend on the prophet's home in New Kroy could be more effectively spent somewhere more central. That will have to wait."

She looked carefully at the necklace being bestowed upon the vrock. They all were identical in appearance, but that was one of the ones that she had reserved, she figured. It certainly wasn't one of Tishtina's or Sabrina's ten, and Dalcar obviously disapproved. So it could only have been one of the nine for the new. Now only eight were left.

Seeing as none of the the four high priestesses have seen fit to actually say anything on the matter, Melinda speaks. "Lok-too-loo-baz, at your mistress's request you have been made one of the Sixty. Know that you are always welcome among us, and that your voice shall be heard as one of ours. May She Who Is To Be guide you well in fellowship, friendship, and love, and may your works ever meet with Her boundless grace."

Telepathically to Lok'
    Spoiler
    Show
    Just between you and me? You're still a mystical kook, and a shameless fraud - in both these ways, it takes one to know one - but I suppose neither of those are really bad things to be in a time when truth itself is up in the air, and up for grabs.

I hope you have a real and coherent vision for the future of what the faith might become with your involvement. That is really all that matters.

Melinda then kisses him ceremonially thrice, first once on the beak, then twice on the sides of his head, where his cheeks would be, were he humanoid. Then she turns again to Lil.

"As for your desire to join our family, Lil...we're in Varstok, and Her Holiness awaits." She turns to the assembled high priestesses. "Your Holinesses. I still need to visit the City of Gardens and Erandol before this day is over. There will be celebration, so may I suggest that our festivities proceed east to west?"

11. - Top - End - #1031

Lok tepes to Everyone, but meant to tepe to Melinda (he just got the necklace and he's never done this before).
    Spoiler
    Show
    I could very simply be schizophrenic or possessed of some other mental malady. Given that I am a being infused with Chaos from a plane one step away from the Howling Winds of Pandemonium, it makes perfect sense. So I can accept that answer if some proof can be brought to that. Or, I could just be a prophet.

Either way, my madness has been incredibly accurate in proof; but isn't that madness to mere mortals? To see what is not there, and often what is not "now?"

It may be an amalgam of the two plus my studies. By being so well-read on subjects vast and many, either I went mad or was already mad and my mind actually dwells on things I read but do not consciously remember as having read.

Time alone will tell. I did not ask for these visions. I have no shame, for I feel no offense. I am no fraud, for judgment has been passed against me that I am truly mad or that I am prophet. Since I willingly accept the possibility of both because knowing both is actually beyond me, I cannot be fraud since there is no measure of machination actually involved. That begs the philosophical of whether or not madness can be blamed ... but I shall not belabour that point right now.

But I have faith that I am true. And now, I am bestowed of one of the necklaces. Surely, two of the three priestesses see something in me that is more than just a scholar, and my faith is rewarded.

Lil is stoic about her ignorant-yet-brilliant aide-de-camp, given the faintest shrug to her sisters. This was actually the first time on some level that Lok' mentioned the possibility of his being mad, and that there was some internal conflict of fractured intellect versus .... what? heart? emotion at least.
    Last edited by lostsole31; 2012-08-03 at 11:14 PM.
    Show

12. - Top - End - #1032

The mystic's road is the most arduous, replies Melinda. One can only ever walk it alone, and it seldom yields rewards that can be shared. I walked it for a while in my early adulthood. I gave it up when I became too afraid to walk it any further - when I remembered I had someone to live for besides myself.

If it is any solace to you, from a human perspective, there is no mysticism, no prophecy that is not madness. The optimists call it holy ecstasy, but it is madness all the same. And all prophecy is fraud, as is all evangelism. Both require the courage to live and proclaim a truth that is not, with only the faith that it simply is not yet.

Again, I never said it was a bad thing.

13. - Top - End - #1033

"Well," tepes Lil, "it looks like that as far as walking with his liege, he will have to do that alone. You are trusted with this mission here, whilst I to other places must go. Represent Nocticula well, for in doing so you honor your lady, the high priestess, these my sisters, the Chosen of the One, and the One That Is To Be herself. See that you don't make a mess of yourself with your 'visions', but let judgment guide you as to what is worthy to share and not. You see far too much to regale them with everything. Remember that other than a little extra muscle, your primary job here is your knowledge. Your raw intellect, maybe only seconded by Peridot, will serve the mission incalculably."

Lok-too-loo-baz replies, "As you have commanded, so it shall be done."
    Show

14. - Top - End - #1034

Melinda nods and looks very pleased with herself at the conclusion of that exchange. "There is much change in the air today, and the sun is yet high," she begins again, her presence widening towards a conclusion. "Your Holinesses, may we your champions retire for now to prepare for this evening? We could all use an opportunity for rest and recuperation before twilight in Erandol."

"And Dot, if I could beg of you the favor of taking me to Kroy, my logistics will be greatly simplified. Kroy, not New Kroy. Anyone who's interested in visiting a casino is welcome to follow. Lok', I might have to bring you in separately. From there we can take a look at the Prophet's home, and we can improvise afterwards."

15. - Top - End - #1035
    Ogre in the Playground

Atareth really isn't into casinos. She will stay behind and pray until the party is ready to journey (or something happens wherein she will have to go).
    Current Games
    Curse of the Crimson Throne: Dušana Essert(Zeta), & Fathi (Phi) and Hülya (Eta) Sharif of House al-Din
    Savage Tide: Rabbi Eliezer "Lazer" Whuraili Cohen ben Mordechai of Clan Ironoath of Oriadeth

16. - Top - End - #1036

Taleira Ulharvyth

No casino for me, I'd rather not throw my money away. I kinda got run out of the last one I was in, so there's that, too.
    Snickett avatar by me.

I draw custom OotSatars. I'm wearing one now, and you can check out samples in my Gallery.

17. - Top - End - #1037

Lil's raring to go to the casino, but she has Lok' stay behind (for now) to begin any necessary research .... which he would much rather do, anyway.
    Show

18. - Top - End - #1038
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Kalirren View Post
    "And Dot, if I could beg of you the favor of taking me to Kroy, my logistics will be greatly simplified. Kroy, not New Kroy. Anyone who's interested in visiting a casino is welcome to follow. Lok', I might have to bring you in separately. From there we can take a look at the Prophet's home, and we can improvise afterwards."
    Dot hikes an eyebrow.

"I'm of course happy to help. And a few hours at a casino sound like an admirable antidote to the stress of staring down a god."

She turns to her menagerie and arches an eyebrow. Zippy shrugs and grows from appearing like an eight year old girl to a sixty-something human man, dressed in fine clothes and with an aristocratic manner. Dot nods, apparently satisfied.

"Melinda, is there anywhere in particular that you'd like to drop into in Kroy?"

Tasha and Zippy move closer to Clyde, preparing to leave off.
    "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut

19. - Top - End - #1039

Spoiler
    Show
    Did I confuse the issue, and Kroy is actually the adventure site and not just a girls' night out?

Lildorrinene dresses in her normal "human" regal form.

If I misunderstood this and there is nothing to research but continuing onwards, then Lok-too-loo-baz will go with her as a firbolg bodyguard (seeing as he still has to keep his Large size).
    Show

20. - Top - End - #1040
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Spoiler
    Show
    I have to admit that I've lost track of our leads at this point as well, so am following Kalirren's lead.

21. - Top - End - #1041

All right. I have access to the penthouse apartment at the Gran Villa, where my mirror now is. For decency's sake I'll still walk through the front door, but we can confer there. And I'm sure he'd enjoy entertaining you.

Just...please don't cheat at Terry's places? Or count cards too closely? That would be gauche. If you really can't help yourself, go play at the ones owned by Daren the Younger.

Spoiler
    Show

The leads are not very friendly to simply proceeding at the moment. There's the woman who's not a woman which is somehow linked to Dot and a song, there's the man in a pit who must be freed, associated with the letter H, and if we want go all together to the high temples of Glendira/Ailena/Lysindra to figure out exactly how we can make the fire like us, that's probably fine as well. OOC, I think the last is likely to be the best use of our time.

On a slightly more immediate level, I imagine there'll be some level of celebration at all three high temples tonight, and Melinda's going to have to make appearances everywhere just to keep in all of Their Holinesses's graces, so she's booked for the night. We might also have to complete our deal with Starwyn Koravar, but I'm sure Debbie will let us know if that's the case.

Mostly I created this opportunity for the benefit of those PCs who have business/impending encounters at one or a few of the three high temples to move around among them, and for the newer players to play some more PC-PC interaction if they want. If, however, for the purpose of following the main quest, we want to fast forward the main thread to some time afterwards, that's also a good thing.

22. - Top - End - #1042

Lildorrinene and guard are ready to depart ...
    Show

23. - Top - End - #1043
    Ogre in the Playground

Seeing as the party is moving along, Atareth will purposefully "get lost."

"Bye, now! See y'all when I get in." She blows the girls a kiss and plane shifts out to Arborea, and then back to the Prime.
    She will 'target' the Gran Villa in Kroy. Of course, she will end up (5d100)[171] miles from that target in the following general direction....
    16 points on the compass, 1 = North, 16 = NNW. (1d16)[12]
    EDIT: 12 = about due West.

And with that, she is gone ... but she does have her ruby necklace.
    Last edited by PSinger; 2012-08-09 at 02:58 AM.
    Current Games

24. - Top - End - #1044

Las Vegas Kroy is a town that shouldn't exist, yet existed nevertheless in defiance of most all natural laws. In particular, the sheer application of magic made water flow upwards towards power, and out of a single-caravanserai nothing-town in the desert bloomed a hyper-real, perverse flower of a city.

At the outskirts of town, there were still some shantytown districts that looked like what Kroy might have looked like before the water came. But in the bustling core, where the rich came and dallied? There was water, water everywhere.

And where there was both power and water, there were also plenty of ways for people to end up sleeping with fish. But that went without saying.

Casino magnate Terry Benedict owned three casinos on the main boulevard - the Grand Villa, the Oasis, and the Boardwalk. Benedict was also Melinda's newest high-profile client. After ascending the stairs up to the Grand Villa's main entrance, Melinda picks a set of keys up from the concierge, and has an extra word with him and his aide before proceeding with the rest of the group.
    Spoiler
    Show
    "If a man who looks like this..." and while so saying, she magically plants a memory charm into her head containing a likeness of the warrior in Kotep's study, "ever comes, please show him only the best of treatment. Also notify me immediately. Put security on higher alert, but don't provoke him. He's out of their league to tackle. Understood?"

The group then rides a Tenser's floating disk elevator up to the penthouse level, where a suite of apartments all opened up into a central area, and a kitchen suite lay off to the side. She walks to the room farthest in back and opens the door.

"My house is your house - please make yourselves comfortable. Welcome to my humble abode," she tells all those who have followed her. A tad of embarassment shows. "As you can see, I really haven't had a chance to do it justice. A proper housewarming will have to wait for another day." Indeed, the furnishings are massive, complete, and opulent, as one might expect from a casino under Terry Benedict's caliber of management. Yet a careful eye will also pick out that they are not very personalized - there is little sense that she's really made much of an effort, or had much of a chance, to truly move into the space and make it her own yet. "Let me fix everyone something."

There are, however, two objects that do stand out as being of individual character. One is the obvious necessity for a practicing Sabrinite of high class, the magically self-cleaning divan. It dutifully occupies a cozy, yet accessible side.

The other is a full-body-length silver mirror, mounted long side vertical, on what looks to be a turntable on the wall. It tries its best to hang unassumingly, but its Varstokian delicateness nevertheless jars with the more ostentatious opulence of the suite's other furnishings.

The bardess gladly serves up some drinks and food before arranging for some entertainment. "I mentioned that site at New Kroy, didn't I. Let's have a look now, shall we?" She flips the mirror horizontal and begins a playful, possibly superfluous incantation...

"Mirror, mirror, on the wall,
    show us the site of our Prophet's fall...
    "

25. - Top - End - #1045
    Titan in the Playground

Just before Melinda can begin her incantation, there is a discreet knock at the door. Presuming the party gives leave to enter, Terry Benedict himself enters the room, with a couple of his aides.
    Terry approaches Melinda directly, taking a hand if it is offered and gently kissing it.
    I see that your mission was successful, or at least not unsuccessful to the point of ending your life. He does take note of the two new flowers on Melinda's attire (Sense Motive DC30)
    Spoiler
    Show
    He says nothing about the flower that represents Nocticula, but his mouth is a tight line
    and also rises a slight eyebrow to the new holy symbol that has tattooed itself into Melinda's flesh. To what do I owe the pleasure of this visit. I do hope you will be able to have time to dine with me tonight?
    He turns to look to his assistants, who react to his glance by bringing out elaborate wooden cases, lined with velvet, and neatly stacked with the betting coins of the Grand Villa. These are for you to gamble with as you wish. I do hope you enjoy your time here.

(There is 10,000 g.p. worth of betting coins in each box, 1 box for each person)
    #GoreMutualarejerks

26. - Top - End - #1046

"Thank you," says Lildorrinene. "Your reputation for magnanimity has dovetailed with the present beautifully."
    Spoiler
    Show
    My assumption, as Lok is both guard/ cohort, that Lok does not get a box, unless you said otherwise.

Sense Motive checks:
    Lildorrinene - (1d20+20)[32]
    Lok - (1d20+26)[37]
    Show

27. - Top - End - #1047

"Terry!" Melinda loses herself for a moment, and in her joy, hugs him closely after he goes in for the kiss. "It's so good to see you...it feels like so much more than a week since I left, and I thought I would never see you again...I'm so glad to be back..."

She takes him with both hands by his left. "I should introduce my friends to you. This is Lildorrinene, the eldest and wisest of our Fellowship. This is Peridot, master of the arcane arts. (This is Ireth the Serene, also a singer and spellweaver. And Tallesin, you've already met.)"

She turns to him. "This isn't all of us. Some of the others had business elsewhere. We came to relax and get our bearings."

Quote Originally Posted by Terry
    "I do hope you will be able to have time to dine with me tonight?"
    "Of course I'm willing to..." She trailed off abruptly, and started counting hours, looking increasingly hurt as she did so. She obviously didn't want to decline him. But was it going to be possible? Dinner in Kroy would most likely conflict with primetime celebrations in Varstok (if I have my geography right.) But if Varstok was going to be the one she would be late for, that was actually fine - she'd already made an appearance there, and as both her and Zanthia's newest business associate, Terry would certainly be welcome there if he wished to go. "Tonight might be a bit flustered, but I will of course make time for you. I've just been ordained the first joint priestess of the Three, and I have to make appearances in Erandol, Varstok, and the City of Gardens tonight. We just came from Varstok, so my timing and agenda there is much more loose. Alternatively, we could take our time tomorrow, and not be rushed at all. Which would you prefer?"

28. - Top - End - #1048
    Ogre in the Playground

Terry Benedict may be the worlds best poker player, if hes at all upset by being put off until tomorrow, theres absolutely no way to tell (and thats not even saying he is)
    Tomorrow will be just fine, my dear, it will allow me to make sure our arrangments are perfect. In the meantime, consider the rest of the casino to be at your disposal.
    He acknowledges the rest of the introductions with his usual formal stoic demeanour, its not possible to tell what he thinks of each person as they are introduced. Truly, Terry is a man of ice in terms of reading him.
    I would wish you all luck in your gambling, but as I understand the code of gamblers, thats terribly bad form, somewhat akin to the theatre's version of telling someone to break a leg.

I am assuming that Taleira is there as well, in fact the only person not there is Atareth. Unless Im wrong?

(OOC: Varstok is about 3-4 hours ahead of Kroy in time, and Kroy is about 6-7 hours ahead of the City of Gardens. Kroy and Erandol would be in just about the same time zone. Right now I am going to drop a ruling that it is 10AM in Kroy, making it 2PM in Varstok and 3AM in CoG)

29. - Top - End - #1049
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Dot slides down from Clyde's shoulder in order to receive Benedick's kindness, and gestures for the lumbering Clyde to go stand by Melinda.

"Your Grace," she says, offering up a mischievous smile as she applies the new title to Melinda, "it sounds like you have a very full agenda today. May I offer you Clyde's services for the day. You won't quite be able to be in two places at once, but it will be the next best thing. And meanwhile perhaps Lil can teach me the finer points of poker?"

30. - Top - End - #1050

Lildorrinene says with a wry smile, "Well, we wouldn't want any unattended children running about the casino floor, now would we?"
    Show